First, a review of the “Apology”:

It goes much deeper than just “donations to the Clinton Foundation”.  Clinton Cash author Peter Schweizer writes in a USA Today Op-Ed:

[…]  I agreed to be interviewed, expecting a robust examination of my new book, Clinton Cash, and my reporting on the Clintons’ accumulation of massive personal wealth, cronyism and the lack of transparency surrounding the Clintons’ foundation.

I expected probing questions, similar to the ones I’ve received from Andrea Mitchell on MSNBC, Chris Wallace on Fox News and Frank Sesno on CNN.

What I did not expect — what no one expected — was the sort of “hidden hand journalism” that has contributed to America’s news media’s crisis of credibility in particular, and Americans’ distrust of the news media more broadly.

If Stephanopoulos had disclosed his donations to the very foundation I was there to talk about, perhaps it would have put the aggressive posture of his interview with me in context.

But he didn’t.

And even though he has apologized to his viewers for keeping this information from both his audience and his bosses, there is much that Stephanopoulos has yet to disclose to his viewers. Indeed, far from being a passive donor who strokes Clinton Foundation checks from afar, a closer look reveals that Stephanopoulos is an ardent and engaged Clinton Foundation advocate.

For example, in his on air apology for this ethical mess, Stephanopoulos did not disclose that in 2006 he was a featured attendee and panel moderator at the annual meeting of the Clinton Global Initiative (CGI).

george stephanopolousHe did not disclose that in 2007, he was a featured attendee at the CGI annual meeting, a gathering also attended by several individuals I report on in Clinton Cash, including mega Clinton Foundation donors Lucas Lundin, Frank Giustra, Frank Holmes, and Carlos Slim — individuals whose involvement with the Clintons I assumed he had invited me on his program to discuss.

Stephanopoulos did not disclose that he was a 2008 panelist at the CGI annual meeting which, once again, featured individuals I report on in the book, such as billionaire Clinton Foundation foreign donor Denis O’Brien.

ABC’s most visible news employee did not disclose that in 2009, he served as a panel moderator at CGI’s annual meeting, nor did he disclose that in 2010 and 2011, he was an official CGI member.

Stephanopoulos did not disclose that in 2013 and 2014, he and Chelsea Clinton served as CGI contest judges for awards, in part, underwritten by Laureate International Universities — a for-profit education company I report on in the book. Bill Clinton was on its payroll until his recent resignation.  (read more)

This entry was posted in Clinton(s), Conspiracy ?, Dear Leader - Creepy POTUS Worship, Dem Hypocrisy, Desperately Seeking Hillary, Election 2016, media bias, Notorious Liars, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to ABC’s George Stephanopoulos and Clinton Foundation – Much More Than Just Financial Donations….

1. dsb steve says:

But why did he give the CGI so much money? Does it enable George to pressure ABC to pay him a higher salary than otherwise? But then he is less valuable to his employer now that the donations have become public. And even less valuable to the Clintons. There must be more to this story.

• BertDilbert says:

George is a Clinton inc. diplomat.

• TRONGOD2000 says:

Really? Are you that ignorant of tax law? He donated nothing to the CGI. It was all tax deductible. So, you and I and our government picked up the tab NOT George.

• BitterC says:

I try to avoid being rude online, but you asked for it with your own rudeness. ARE YOU IGNORANT about taxes in general? Even if George is paying the top rate (40% in round figures, but I doubt it) his $75000 in donations took $45000 minimum, out of his pocket. “Tax Deductuble” is a reduction of income before tax is calculated. It’s not a TAX CREDIT.

• Clarification is accurate, but US taxpayers lost $30,000 that should have been paid to the IRS. Instead, Bill & Hillary got the money. All this while Obama and his cronies used the IRS to prevent conservatives from obtaining tax exempt status. The whole government is rigged against us. I cannot imagine what will go on if Hillary is elected President.

2. talkaftercarefulthought says:

…unfortunately the next republican presidential candidate will still agree to a debate (or three) where a clearly biased moderator will actually complete the democrats debate arguments and interrupt any answer the republican gives. This means NOTHING if everyone acts surprised and then Ostriches their damn heads until the election results are in.

3. tappin52 says:

I am sick of all of the politics and lying and no common sense. I give up. For now, at least. I need a break.

4. bofh says:

That’s quite an apology: “I’m a great guy, but I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to be an even greater guy for you rubes”. Heartfelt.

• TRONGOD2000 says:

The boss who accepted his apology is also a Clinton man so what should we expect but an acceptance of it. Ben Sherwood is in deep with the Clinton’s. Consider this, When Hillary claimed she was shot at in a trip to Bosnia guess who was with her and didn’t say a word about her claim? Yep, good ole honest George.
      So, now we have newsmen from NBC AND ABC lying to their audience or hiding the truth. Is there a closet over at CBS? So far they are the only net work I still listen to besides FOX.

5. belle says:

Barf. What a half ass apology.

6. ga48 says:

Has anyone (just to check out the veracity of George”s apology) asked him to supply a list of the “dozens of other charities” he has contributed to in the last three years?

7. cali says:

This guy is as sleazy as they come; 75k is no jump change but a small price to pay as a down payment for a job if Hillary manages to cheat her way into the white house.
    He has and will always by a Clinton supporter – come hell and high water – his coverage of Hillary always has been and continue to be favorable towards Hillary.
    There is a conflict of interest but we all know that ‘what difference does it make?’

8. TwoLaine says:

I made a mistake.
    I got away with it 3 years in a row.
    $25k each mistake.

Yeah, right.

Sounds so innocent, like the Clinton’s saying they made a mistake on their tax returns, and will be refiling
    Sorry.

Let’s see how quickly they are all audited.

If only the little people could play innocent so well.

9. dlcamp2001 says:

This guy is a real paradox. He wrote a tell-all expose’, “All Too Human”, after his stint with the Clintons during their White House years. Slick Willy was very upset with him and I remember reading they made up but didn’t know to this extent.

10. If you watch his interview with the author of Clinton Cash his agenda is obvious.

I don’t know how he can continue to “report” the news.