Han Solo Crash Lands “Ryan Aeronautical ST3KR” On California Golf Course…

Han Solo 1

han solo 2

Han Solo Crash Lands – Story HERE

Han Solo has crashed twice before today. – Audio of Today’s emergency conversation with Santa Monica Flight Control HERE

This entry was posted in Air Travel, Heros. Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Han Solo Crash Lands “Ryan Aeronautical ST3KR” On California Golf Course…

1. Stormy says:

Oh, SD… the title…. lol…

2. Inkraven says:

From Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade:
    Sean Connery: I didn’t know you could fly a plane.
    Harrison Ford: Fly, yes. Land, no.

3. taqiyyologist says:

4. art tart says:

Maybe Harrison Ford should consider retiring from flying/movies & enjoying his wife/son. He was hurt on set a couple of months ago while filming the new episode of Star Wars. I’m a big fan, he’s a great talent, seems to have had a bit of bad luck over the last couple of months.

‘Harrison Ford hurts ankle on Millennium Falcon on ‘Star Wars’ set’

• taqiyyologist says:

I hope he’s doing it, despite his age, out of his love for the craft.

I know folks his age swinging, with chainsaws, in trees with ropes.

• taqiyyologist says:

I also concede that yeah, he has enough money to buy his own private island and retire forever.

• art tart says:

taqiyyologist ~ I agree, he is a youthful 72 yrs. old & that’s awesome. The thing I love about Harrison Ford is that he has always appeared humble imo in interviews. I saw an interview w/him once when he was ask “what did you do before you were an actor?” He stated, “I worked as a carpenter when I was discovered.”

Another thing I love about him is that he gives back, he has flown his own helicopter to rescue many in past years that were isolated/trapped during wild fires or flown those injured to hospitals. Can you imagine being trapped, praying for help from a chopper only to be rescued & realizing that Indiana Jones was piloting the chopper? That’s too cool! He doesn’t toot his own horn like Sean Penn, HF made news when someone he rescued contacted the media to let the public know of his contributions.

5. WeeWeed says:

A personal story. Both of my uncles fly – or used to. One was a crop duster, one a surgeon. Quickest way to get to the job. One is now in his seventies, one is now in his eighties. They do not fly now.
    I always said they’d end up like the ending in “Second Hand Lion” before that movie came out.
    They still might! 😉

• taqiyyologist says:

We had a famous 24-hour truck-stop diner in my town, on the highway. About 10 or so years ago, the state banned smoking indoors. And it closed as a direct result.

I went there probably three times a week, for coffee, breakfast, conversation, and a couple of smokes.

The big corner table by the window wasn’t somewhere you wanted to choose to sit, some days, if you didn’t want to change tables mid-meal. A local octogenarian cropduster, whom we’ve ALL been peeing on ourselves for, for all our lives, just watching him come down over a treeline, had that as his favorite table.

ANY younger generations than his would kindly clear the table, and choose a booth, if he walked into the diner. That’s just what you did. If not, you were kindly ordered to do so by the waitstaff ( ,honey).

He was military, and so was his son. His son had died a few years prior to me frequenting that establishment, while crop-dusting.

That’s some ballsy work. For real.

• texan59 says:

There’s old crop-dusters, and there’s bold crop-dusters. But there ain’t many old, bold crop-dusters.

I flew with one of those crazy guys when I was about 10. Looked like this when I got done. 😯 😯

6. amwick says:

The FD spokesman on the news said that in his personal experience this type of incident usually resulted in fatalities. I would like to think that Mr. Ford skillfully managed to put down that plane without injuring anyone on the ground… whispers but that was one large divot.

7. Chip Bennett says:

I’m disappointed. He didn’t tell air traffic control, “I’ve got a bad feeling about this…