Perhaps we’ve finally figured out why Brian Williams loves President Obama so much. They both are notorious liars, and stretchers of truth…. I wonder if they drink Dos Equis?

brian williams 8(New York) Long before Brian Williams was caught lying about his chopper coming under fire in Iraq, he claimed he’d stared down the barrel of a bandit’s gun as a teenager in sleepy Red Bank, NJ.

In a 2005 interview with Esquire magazine, Williams said a thief drew on him in the 1970s — leaving him “looking up at a thug’s snub-nosed .38 while selling Christmas trees out of the back of a truck.”

He told the tough-to-believe story at least four times, claiming he was trying to help a local church when the thief snatched his money on West Front Street and Riverside Avenue.

“That wasn’t a bad job, until a guy came up and stuck a .38-caliber pistol in my face and made me hand over all the money. Merry Christmas, right? Of course, I suddenly appreciated the other jobs I thought I hated,” he told New Jersey Monthly in 2008.[…]

Les Carbone, 85,…

“Don’t listen to Brian Williams,” he said. “He’s going to tell you a lot of things. I doubt he was robbed at gunpoint. I was born in Red Bank, there were no crimes like that. Tell Brian Williams to stop lying.” (read more)

Obama Uno-Cero

This entry was posted in media bias, Notorious Liars, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to Too Funny – The Latest Brian Williams Tale: “I Stared Down A Thug’s Snub-Nosed .38 While Selling Christmas Trees Out Of The Back Of A Truck” – 2005 interview with Esquire magazine

1. auscitizenmom says:

SMH

2. angie says:

Williams should run for political office. We expect politicians to lie.
    And Williams saying he saw a body float from his French Quarter hotel is absolute 100% pure bull hookey. He sounds like a narcissist- all me all the time.

3. Paul H. Lemmen says:

Reblogged this on A Conservative Christian Man.

4. John Galt says:

I think Brian Williams just smashed Tommy Flanagan’s pathological liar Olympic records.

5. taqiyyologist says:

And still, Walter Duranty’s name has yet to become a trend, regarding Brian.

Strange, that.

6. taqiyyologist says:

#BrianDuranty oughta be like the biggest Twitter trend right now.

7. lovelyd24 says:

His latest lie is that he was stepping aside because the news was becoming about him. It is apparent that he has been trying to make the news about him for a long time.

Lying liars lie.

8. Les says:

Makes you wonder if he kept the money from selling Christmas trees for the church or if the entire story is a fabrication of his charity and bravery.

9. freepetta says:

Obviously successful men are still insecure about themselves even after their successful. Look at 0bama if his lips move, he’s lying. Seems the same with Brian, no wonder his daughter was so hideous in Peter Pan a false sense of security runs in the family.

10. F.D.R. in Hell says:

UPDATE: Williams has re-remembered the Christmas tree incident.
    He now thinks the snub-nose .38 may have been in the guy’s pocket.
    “Or maybe it was just a perv glad to see me.” 😈

11. cg says:

Reblogged this on Catholic Glasses.

12. Scott says:

They’re all pathological. It’s who they are. It’s what they do. The end justifies the means.

13. labrat says:

Red Bank? Seriously unlikely.

• allhail2 says:

That was my thought too. Must have needed some cash to pay for his mooring.

• TeddyOn20th says:

There are plenty of New Jersey towns where this could have happened. Asbury Park. sure. Newark? Jersey City? I could believe those easily. But Red Bank?

• moondrops says:

I’m inclined to say maybe because Red Bank was pretty rough in the 1970’s, proximity to Asbury Park which became a crap hole then. It took some careful navigation to get to The Stone Pony. By the mid-eighties, Asbury Park was coming back because of the new gay population. Can’t begin to guess what’s going on now, haven’t been back in years.

14. lovemygirl says:

Way back in my college years I helped a female friend by letting her boyfriend stay with me until he could get his own place. He was a pathological liar named Brian as well. Hm, I wonder if it could be the same guy? LOL

15. lovemygirl says:

It’s the extra details give away his lies. I’m kind of doubting he would know the caliber and the length of the barrel as well. Snub nosed .38 is just something he heard in a movie and thought sounded cool & scary is more likely. Liars always add too many details is my experience.

16. tappin52 says:

He crawled on his ands and knees through a burning building to save a puppy, he stared down the barrel of a gun while selling Christmas trees for the church, he witnessed a body floating around New Orleans, and he almost got blasted out of the sky in Iraq. I can almost see the faint outline of an S on his chest. Then I remember that he was proud to watch his daughter act out sex scenes for that vile Lena Dunham show and I realize that the S stands for SICK.

17. True Colors says:

Poor Brian Williams. The hits just keep on coming.

The manager of the New Orleans hotel where Brian Williams was staying just nuked his claim about the dead body floating by.

TC

18. RoyBaty says:

Brian is so used to seeing his democrat leftist heros lie and get away with it. Bill Clinton looked into our faces, lied, became wildly popular and still is. Sadly, there is no media to cover for Brian’s lies. That is his big misunderstanding and downfall.

19. Mike says:

Reblogged this on makeaneffort and commented:
    Considering the fact so many knew for so long… what additional evidence do we need that the Media is full of Grubers?

20. twolaneflash says:

My former employer was holding an educational conference in New Orleans for HIV-treating physicians at the Ritz-Carlton when Katrina hit. Most were evacuated by company employees dispatched from locations close to New Orleans. A few doctors, assured by Global Warming and Climate Change “scientists” that the storm would miss New Orleans, stayed for the weekend. When trapped by the hurricane, those doctors set up an emergency room in the bar of the Ritz-Carlton. A policeman escorted a group of them, wading through the water, to a local drugstore which they pilfered for supplies. One of the doctors had a satellite phone and was able to keep us informed of their safety and actions. Brian Williams’ name never came up in discussions with those medical heroes, though I’m sure if he had known of their heroic actions, it would have been all his idea by now.

21. Solomon says:

Please everyone stop with this pathetic resistance, march down like a herd of sheep to the local vaccination center and submit to your shot. Thank you.

22. pattyloo says:

lame cherry has an interesting take on the brian williams implosion.

23. For people who still rely on the MSM thinking that they are hearing the truth, this probably comes as a shock to them and a complete and utter violation of the public trust.

For the rest of us, I don’t think we were too shocked. Personally I think it is quite funny. He lies for a living, why would it shock us that he’s lied about some personal things?