Bizarro World Republicans – You Just Can’t Make This Stuff Up…

thad cochran - chris mcdanielIn an effort to change the political appearances of the Republican party away from the stodgy old white male all boys club – you actually see Tucker Carlson, Karl Rove and Ann Coulter protecting one of the most representative examples of the ‘stodgy old white male all boys club’ in Thad Cochran.

It’s beyond a parody of itself.

More evidence continues to surface that Mississippi Senator Thad Cochran, born in 1937, is losing his cognitive marbles.   But the establishment GOP has invested so much of their political capital in retaining their ability to hold his arm up while he signs his name, they are flailing around desperately to try and hide the obvious.

The evidence of manipulation of the vote in Mississippi is overwhelming.

The NRSC (National Republican Senatorial Campaign) spent tens of thousands of dollars in attack ads against Cochran’s primary opponent, Chris McDaniels, making him appear racist.  Even Democrat Charlie Rangel was praising the efforts of the NRSC.

In addition, the establishment GOP openly solicited Mississippi Democrats to vote for Cochran in furtherance of their reelection goals;  including fundraisers by sitting Senators to raise money for Political Action Committees to specifically save a rapidly diminishing forty year senator, Cochran, from defeat.

Mitch McConnell, John McCain and the stodgy old white guys are giddy with glee.

How exactly is this changing the perception of the Republican party?

It is most certainly an odd dynamic, and a really sad one at that.

You’ve got former Mississippi Governor, and former RGA President, Haley Barbour, yet another stodgy old white guy, holding hands with Senator Mitch McConnell and the Corinthian leather crowd, now aligned with Tucker Carlson and Ann Coulter in defense of dear old Thad.

snob12-300x225ann_coulter-300x180

Why?

What is it about this race – or perhaps more importantly, the deceptions within this race– that bring such forces to bear upon one Senate seat?

Could it be “the betters” do not actually want you to know their dependency upon each other for both power and relevance ?    And they are so committed toward that end they are willing to go ‘all in’ amid the exposed nature of the ruse

Politics makes for strange bedfellows.    And, at least in this case, those who mind the slippers of the stodgy old white guys while hypocritically saying the face of the GOP needs to change.

Forget popcorn, we should be ordering crustless cucumber sandwiches all around !

This entry was posted in Big Stupid Government, Decepticons, Election 2014, media bias, Mitch McConnell, Notorious Liars, propaganda, Tea Party, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Bizarro World Republicans – You Just Can’t Make This Stuff Up…

1. czarowniczy says:

Oh come on, ain’t only us. In Ted Kennedy’s last days in the Senate his official staff included a paramedic, an undertaker and people to feed and care for the buzzards that circled his desk. Our problem in Mississippi is that the state’s just not rich enough to afford really expensive antiques.

2. I used to really enjoy Ann Coulter. I knew she was spiraling down when I saw her complaining after the 2010 election. Coulter was not pleased with states that threw out RINOs and then lost to Democrats. (Mind you, I don’t think anyone ever asked her what she was doing on the national stage to bring attention to new incoming Republicans and back them up in their races).

I used to like her and Glen Beck. I wonder what the pair of them managed to gain by jumping the rails like they did…

• sundance says:

If we solve or fix the problems both of those you mention are unemployed.

Think about it.

• Oh heavens. I hope the two of them aren’t THAT petty. 😐

• Murse says:

True! The same issue exists in all industries. Take behavioral health and clinical depression for example. Electroconvulsive therapy, ECT, is much more effective in treating major depression and typically produces a lasting positive outcome. However, you wouldn’t know that given that the APA and its constituent practitioners push dubious and mostly ineffective pharmaceuticals. The same is true with energy and big oil where the best way to meet the future energy needs of the country is with liquid fluoride thorium reactors but big oil lobbies against that technology. This is why all business lobbying must be made illegal.

• doodahdaze says:

Advertisers. Simple. Insurance. Simple. Tell the truth and lose both.

• michellc says:

I used to like Beck, Coulter I always had mixed emotions about, I liked some things she would say, but other times found her quite annoying until the annoying outweighed the like. Now I dislike both, Beck lost all respect I had for him after the way he attacked not just Bundy, but his followers. I no longer waste a second of my time listening to him and honestly quit listening much to Coulter a long time ago.

3. Sam says:

If Charlie Rangel supports you, you are a Democrat. It’s that simple.

Our legislators should have a mandatory retirement age of around 70.

4. Gregg keyes says:

I was in love with you Ann, but,,, I think you have herpes. Bye

5. LetJusticePrevail" says:

The GOP’s problem is that they let their opposition define them,instead of defining themselves. Why?Because the “establishment” GOP has no solid set of principles upon which they base their position. They’ve abandoned the Constitution, abandoned moral values and are wishy-washy on immigration. It’s no wonder they find themselves in the position of constantly battling an image they’ve allowed others to bestow on them.

6. Sal says:

Term limits is the answer.

7. hoosiergranny says:

OMG. If Rangel is praising a Republican, you know they have to be either a Rino or decepticon. Although I have been relatively late to the party – started the awakening in 2004 but it was a slow process, I have never liked Beck or Coulter. Neither is part of the common man, they both identify with the 1%.

8. Yakmaster says:

I have been watching the immigration hearings on CSpan and Cochran was sitting on one of the Committees (I forget which one). When his turn came he read two questions off a paper in front of him, both of which had already been asked by other Senators and answered, in depth by the witnesses. He asked no follow-up questions, made no statements, and yielded back a large part of his alloted time. He really looked feeble and disengaged.

9. Until a couple of years ago I thought Ann was a sensible, rational conservative, Beck I’ve had an ongoing “love/hate” kind of thing with, but lately he has turned into the biggest “white apologist” the world has ever seen. Lewis Carroll would be stunned by the similarities to his most famous work. I know where it is all heading, and my powder IS dry and my Bible, tear stained as it is, is as close as my Sig.

10. twolaneflash says:

Truth is that Thad Cochran is but one of many octogenarians in Congress whose staff is running the shop, while maintaining a nursing home: Political Machine candidates who don’t even need moving parts.

11. John Charles says:

Thad Chochran is now owned by the Democrats. They have gained a seat in the Senate, that’s the “deal” Republicans made to keep power and colude with thre oppisition party against the American people.. Make no mistake, he is no longer even a RINO but a full fledged Democrat with an (R) after his name.