Franklin Graham is the perfect vessel to deliver the brutal truth of Islam.   Authentic Islam is diametrically against, and at war with, Christianity.  PERIOD.   Islam is Islam, there are no varying degrees of radicalism within it;  as Graham says: “it’s just what it is”.

Authentic Islam is fundamentally divergent from Christianity in all intents, goals and purposes.   The never ending hunt for “moderate Muslims”, to no avail, shows just how silly it is to claim otherwise.  We’re proud to see Franklin Graham confronting perceptions accurately.

(CNS NEWS) Rev. Franklin Graham, son of evangelist Billy Graham and head of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, said “Christians are under attack by Islam” and that “radical” Islam has nothing to do with it because “it’s just what it is.”

Speaking at the Watchmen on the Wall National Pastor’s Briefing in Washington, D.C. on Thursday, Rev. Graham said, “The church around the world is under attack. Christians are under attack by Islam. They keep using this word ‘radical.’ It’s not radical, it’s just what it is.”

“Let’s stand up for our brothers and sisters in faith around the world who are being persecuted for their faith,” he said. “Because if we don’t stand up for them, there’s no other voice for them. There’s no other voice.”

Graham, who is also the head of the international Christian aid group Samaritan’s Purse, made his remarks on Thursday evening at the event, which is a three-day gathering (May 21-23) sponsored by the Family Research Council (FRC). (read more)

This entry was posted in Christian Values, Heros, Islam, media bias, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Religion, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Franklin Graham States The Reality: “Christians are under attack by Islam, not radical Islam, just Islam”…

1. Yakmaster says:

I FB’d your headline with date and place of Graham’s speech on my personal page. Too many Christians are afraid to speak this truth, often saying Jesus doesn’t want us to judge. Well, common sense tells me that if you don’t make judgments everyday about a myriad of things you’re ‘flying blind.’

• EdWatts says:

Jesus wants us to judge. What he said in Matthew 7:1-3 was that we will be held to the same standard(s) to which we hold others. The idea that a Christian can’t determine whether a murderer or a child molester is evil is preposterous.

• Chance says:

“Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.” The Bible teaches us to be shrewd, which literally means “to be aware and judge correctly.” What Jesus told us in Matthew is that we should not be hypocrites in our judgments, just as you have pointed out EW. The Godless always use this line against us, because too often we don’t know how to respond.

2. michellc says:

It’s coming to a city near you as well. Oklahoma voters overwhelmingly voted to ban Sharia Law, a court overturned it claiming it was unconstitutional and ordering the State pay the attorney of CAIR over $300,000 in legal fees.
    Sharia Law is not and should not be considered a religion and Sharia Law is itself against our Constitution.
    It would be nice if our Governor would show some backbone and refuse to abide by the ruling of a federal court.
    That’s twice now that the courts have basically ruled in favor of Islam. A Tulsa policeman who sued that his constitutional rights were violated when he was punished for not attending a Mosque due to his faith, lost his court battle with two courts, the most recent was the tenth circuit who affirmed the lower court ruling that his constitutional rights were not violated.

I wish someone could tell me how a Christian has no constitutional rights in regards to their faith whether it’s refusing to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple or a policeman refusing to attend a voluntary event in a mosque, yet banning Sharia Law is violating the constitutional rights of Islams?

3. LittleLaughter says:

Saeed Abedini, 33 yr old Iranian pastor, has been in prison for a year for practicing his Christian faith. He has been in a hospital since March, I believe. He was moved there because of the serious injuries he has as a result of torture. He has internal bleeding that requires surgery, but last I checked, he still had not had surgery.
    First sentenced to death, he lived the better part of a year wondering when he would be executed. They tried to get him to denounce God and reaffirm Alah. He refused.
    Decision Magazine, Billy Graham’s magazine, printed a wonderful story this month about his wife, who has been speaking to many, many groups about the gospel. She has been left to raise their children alone, knowing her husband is being beaten and tortured for his faith. And yet, she knows who hold him in His mighty hands and who will deliver him. Their faith is not shaken.
    Tell me why celebrities, FLOTUS, etc., are not hash-tagging for this mans release?

• Sharon says:

They are not hash-tagging for this man’s release because his imprisonment, in their view, is not an issue. It is not important. It is all right with them that he is in prison and being tortured.

They will not support those who support the Gospel.

This should not be be difficult for us to understand. It’s important that we acknowledge what is in front of us – as Franklin Graham has.

It is what it is. They are enemies of the Gospel and of Jesus Christ and of those who claim His name.

• LittleLaughter says:

I totally agree. My question really wasn’t a question I suppose- kind of a rhetorical question. Christians are under attack in this country. God is separating the goats from the sheep.

• Sharon says:

I understand.

I spelled it out as I did so that no reader of this thread will doubt that we certainly do know full well what they are doing and why they are doing it.

We are not confused about their purposes or their loyalties.

4. Mr. Graham is that -one person- Bill Whittle speaks of in the last 60-seconds of GASLIGHTING…
    that one person who debunks the myth of Moslems and Islam being righteous, being shoved down your throats daily.

• sundance says:

Excellent analogy. I was mentally seeking something to provide good context to what Franklin Graham was outlining so directly. The comparison to the Gaslighting affirmation is an excellent example.

5. dws says:

It should be self evident that Islam can’t attack anything, just as Christianity can’t attack anything and neither can Judaism. And what is doing the attacking is Muslims or people claiming to represent Islam. And at best they would be claiming that they are not only representing their particular sect of Islam, but that their sect is the correct sect of Islam as Islam is as or more diverse than Christianity. I didn’t see in the linked article any proof to back up Dr. Graham’s claim. I have looked through Bill Warner’s and Walid Shoebat’s, so I assume Dr. Graham’s proof is similar. Although superficially compelling, their claims fall apart upon close scrutiny.

• SFM 916 says:

“Although superficially compelling, their claims fall apart upon close scrutiny”. I’d like to hear your take on that “falling apart” and “close scrutiny”. Please elaborate.

• dws says:

Walid Shoebat and Bill Warner have said many things so it would take a book to respond to them all, but the classic example is the kill them wherever you find them verse of the Quran. Both the anti-Islam advocates and barbaric Muslim terrorists love this verse and equally ignore the rules of the Quran in doing so. The Quran includes both unambiguous verses (the mother of the book) and ambiguous/allegorical/figurative (mutashabihat) verses. The Quran must be taken as a whole and not isolated verses. The verse “{Fight in the way of God those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. God does not like transgressors.} Quran chapter “The cow” 2:190” is completely unambiguous. Fighting is only allowed against those who fight you, i.e self-defense. So a verse that says kill them wherever you find them can only be understood in the context of self-defense, and all the verses that give details of what is allowed in war can only be understood in the context of the fighting being initiated by others. Using Muslims as an example of how bad Islam is is a weak argument. Muhammad himself told the Muslims that Islam would divide into 73 sects, and only 1 of them was not in the hellfire. And the example of Jesus was 12 disciples and a small number of believers at the time of the crucifixion. So even if we accept that 99.999% of all Muslims are hell bound, how can their behavior be used as evidence against Islam? If they completely ignore the rules and completely disobey the warnings? I don’t want to highjack Sundance’s post comments and these back and forths quickly become thin long stretches of comments that push out everyone else’s comments, but if there is something specific you have in mind I’d love to hear it.

• SFM 916 says:

It seems to me that the Sharia Law codifies barbarian penalties and is the preferred system of “justice” among muslim countries. And they implement it everywhere they go. Morsi attempted it upon his ascendancy to power in Egypt; recently the Sultan of Brunei implemented it with a stroke of the pen; Muslims in Dearborn, Michigan protest against freedom of speech. If Sharia is not central to Islam, why do muslims insist on it everywhere they get a foothold. It is a law of subjugation that is antithetical to western society and should be repulsed rather than indulged. And I don’t think it’s going to be real ambiguous to that Christian woman who refuses to convert to Islam. Or is that out of context.

• dws says:

You are exactly right. Almost anything that you can say about the Muslims, I can say worse. They’re backwards and ignorant and barbaric. I think looking at this famous example from the Bible helps understand this question of Sharia Law though. “They said to him, ‘Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery. Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. So what do you say?’” (John 8:4-5 ESV) So there is the Law of Moses and the penalty for adultery, but Jesus didn’t enact this punishment. The Law cannot be carried out justly without the vicegerent of God. Jesus didn’t say the Law was incorrect, he said, “And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, ‘Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.’” (John 8:7 ESV) So the difference between having the written Law of Moses and how it is interpreted/implemented by the vicegerent of God is analogous to the Muslims having the Sharia Law and their lack of a legitimate representative of God to interpret/implement it. We don’t have the Law of Moses in the United States. I think we can all agree that when fallible people interpret these rules which allow the most harsh punishments, we have good reason to doubt the fairness of the judge or the system. But if Jesus was here and said that that is the correct law to follow and he would be the judge, would we object to his mercy and fairness?

• Spar Harmon says:

I think, dws, your argument is termed specious. Certainly one must be careful when using class nouns — Christian, Islam, Republican — to not attribute to them qualities their convenience usage cannot bear. I have done a fair amount of study into the general stance of Christians based on their Scripture. Lately I have done the same regarding Islam, vis a vis the Koran. If you want the “proof”, look at the patterns developing all over Europe and in the US, Canada, and Australia where Muslim immigration is substantial. The CTH archives for the past year will help illustrate the point at issue. There you will see a certain unity to the pattern, regardless of sectarian ID where mentioned. The Norwegian experience is particularly stark. The Malaysians, the Russians, Nigeria, just look. Forget what anybody says, just take it in. Then do what I have done, it is not that hard to find sources, See what the Koran teaches. Hand and glove. Fitted shoe. ’nuff said.

• dws says:

Could you give me an example of what the Koran teaches to illustrate your “fitted shoe. ’nuff said”? And do you know the rules of the Koran?

• Spar Harmon says:

Do I know the rules of the Koran? Well, at that attack, with hostage-taking at the Nigerian(?) mall. The hostages were interrogated as to knowledge of some rules and those who could not give the ‘proper’ answer were executed, do you mean those rules? There is a sort of like catechism of fundamental statements of belief; do you mean those rules? I have read those and thank God I am not a Muslim. Or do you mean the Koran et al? I have been directed to the key passages of that very boring piece of work by a scholar of middle eastern documents on The Gates of Vienna website where you will find a wonderful treasure trove of the best and worst of middle eastern literature and history archived. These are the passages someone who is converting is directed to , some of which is to be memorized. But you were asking for “proofs”. I’m saying check out the primary material yourself and tell me what YOU think.
          I was never very impressed with proselytizing Christians who would rattle off loads of scripture from memory as if that should be enough. I think if you take the trouble to check it out yourself, you will find it decisively convincing.
          But even more convincing is what they do. Check out the CTH archive. I have been here since April, 2013 so I know that there are loads of news clips and responsible commentary about Muslim immigration all over Europe. It is what changed my mind. Koran check, etc. came later.
          Finally, I spent the better part of 2 years headquartered in Turkey and traveled extensively in the Middle East ’60, ’61, ’62. In the years since, as events came and went in that region, certain things, peripherally noted at the time, became more and more significant. We are talking here of a Muslim world just being what it is. I have found throughout this country and the world that you can learn a lot about a people by noting how they live in small towns and villages, and noting the vestiges carried over into more urban areas. Facing the street in a typical Muslim town will be the backside walls of the homes with one heavy door each .Closed. and only periodic breaks for narrow alleyways. Unless it is a market street or certain times of day, there will be few people about on the street. I did get an invitation once into the home beyond the door. My questions were politely answered. The other side of the house opened into a quadrangle open area about 4 homes wide. The was a heavy double doorway under an arch in the middle the set of houses. a couple of date palms and a central well and lots of pots with plants all around. Lots of people. 8 families all related. Relaxed atmosphere. Lots of smiling and laughter, which struck me because I never saw that OUTSIDE. As soon as the women noted I was a stranger, the veils were affixed they all kept as far from me as they could. This was a moderately well off family, I knew. In early 2001, I attended a lecture by a resident professor who was Lebanese on Middle Eastern culture. He was often interviewed by major mainstream media after 9/11 and had formidable academic record. I was increasingly dissatisfied by his presentation and during the Q & A I asked him to expound on several cultural features I had noted, the last of which was about this distinctive feature of towns. He looked startled at that last and was slow to answer. He spoke softly and thoughtfully though. He said he grew up in a village near Beirut and, yes, it was just as I described, but it had never occurred to him the social implications. Then he said, well as I said already we have lived for many years with our backs to the world!!!

• dws says:

Well Spar, we’re quickly getting to the thin columns, which means the end for me as I can’t stand typing in long thin columns in comments. Thanks for spending the time replying. I enjoy reading your perspective. I apologize for not explaining myself well enough. By rules of the Quran I wasn’t speaking of those things like what happened at the mall terrorist attack, I was speaking about the rules that the Quran states about itself in understanding what is being said. The rules that Boko Haram and the like totally ignore to justify their crimes by claiming they are Islamic. It would be like someone taking the Bible and taking Luke 19:27 “But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.” and using this to justify killing anyone who doesn’t want Jesus to reign over them. I’ve been studying this for 20 years. Almost anything bad you could say about the Muslims I’d believe. We have a horrible problem, but I think having correct information is key to the solution.

• sundance says:

Sorry dws, but you’re mistaken.

I hate to be argumentative but I fundamentally disagree with the position that I need to be killed.

I don’t think it’s too much to ask that my head remain attached to my body as I pray or worship something other than Allah.

• dws says:

I disagree with the position that you need to be killed and I don’t think it’s too much to ask that your head remain attached to your body as you pray or worship something other than Allah either. So we seem to be thinking the same, which makes me wonder how I’m mistaken. And I don’t mean to be argumentative either.

• dws says:

I wasn’t sure what you were saying Sundance. I should have let my brain wake up before replying. You are saying that Islam says these things. That you need to be killed? And beheading for worshipping other than Allah? What I am saying is that Islam doesn’t say that. And if I was to summarize my position it would be this: We shouldn’t be telling the Muslims in the world that if they correctly understand their religion of Islam they would be killing everyone who disagrees with them or whoever won’t become Muslim. It isn’t smart and it isn’t true. The truth is, if they correctly understand their religion they wouldn’t be doing any of these horrific things and they would support the United States or whoever is trying to stop them, stop this murder of the pregnant woman in Sudan, stop the kidnapping of these girls in Nigeria, etc. etc. etc. I don’t think battling terrorism requires any understanding of Islam. If they do what we find unacceptable, no matter what their justification, there’s a price to be paid. If they push it too far, they meet the full force of the United States. But if we must delve into Islam to see if the terror is justified by the religion, it isn’t.

• SFM 916 says:

But you will be an apologist for Islam nonetheless? And your position is that we shouldn’t tell Muslims how to correctly understand their own religion but if they did, they wouldn’t do these things? So, it’s all a misunderstanding of their own teachings? I’d like to ask you what exactly would “pushing it too far” look like to you? Where and when will you draw the line? I think when your brain fully “wakes up”, you’ll see that the time is now.