MUST READ POST – It takes profound courage and exemplary character to do the right thing when everyone around you is willing to allow moral corruption:

Right is Right, even if nobody does it;
Wrong is Wrong, even if everybody does it.

Ondray Harris is a man of character, honor and courage – He was also the Community Relations Service Director of the Dept. of Justice / Community Relations Service (CRS) 2009/10.   In 2009 he was bright eyed and his words were filled with the sound of hope;  His outlook of opportunity was for a post-racial America.

Last week he quit….

…..because DC Board Members demanded he stop hiring “white people” –  His resignation speaks volumes to the changes now evidenced within the Dept of Justice. We have outlined those changes against the back drop of the George Zimmerman case – and we will continue to do so.

WASHINGTON DC – Ondray Harris, the African-American executive director of the Public Employee Relations Board of the District of Columbia, stepped down last week.

His resignation letter provides a disturbing look at alleged discriminatory and partisan conduct by the members of the board tasked with overseeing labor issues and the D.C. government’s relations with public employees.

Harris claimed in his letter that two members of the board, Don Wasserman and Ann Hoffman, complained over his hiring of a white female, Erin Wilcox, because they perceived her “as being conservative or politically right-of-center.”

According to Harris, at a meeting on Nov. 8, 2012, Hoffman declared that “somebody with a resume like hers doesn’t belong here” and “should never work here.”

Harris said he was “rebuked” by Wasserman for hiring white male employees despite the fact that no challenge was ever made by the board members to their professional “qualifications, competency, or efficiency.”

In fact, Wasserman told Harris to “refrain from hiring white men” in the future to fill open attorney slots, according to Harris.

As a civil rights lawyer and the former Deputy Chief of Employment Litigation in the Civil Rights Division of the U.S. Justice Department, Harris vehemently opposed these “illegal, unconstitutional, and discriminatory comments and hiring demands,” telling the board that it was asking him “to hire in a discriminatory fashion based on race, gender, and political associations.”

He warned the board that he would resign rather than carry out such policies.

Harris said the events of the Nov. 8 meeting were “so outrageous, shocking, and troubling” that he sought legal advice, including from the board’s counsel, Keturah Harley. (read more)

Eric Holder CRS

Community Relations Service Anniversary – August 25, 2009 – Attorney General Eric Holder delivers addresses at the 45th Anniversary Celebration of the Community Relations Service (CRS) event for Community Relation Service Director Ondray Harris.

Here is a speech delivered by Mr. Ondray Harris in 2009

ondray HarrisOn July 2, 1964, President Lyndon B. Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act into law.  His signature created the Community Relations Service to be the Nation’s
peacemaker during a time of racial tension, violence, and strife.  A unique task for sure, we are still the only federal agency charged with this great mission.  Seeking to heal the wounds of discrimination, bigotry, and racial bias, the Civil Rights Act was an important
step in the fight to unite our country.  After signing the Act into law, President Johnson said, “We have come now to a time of testing.  We must not fail. Let us close the springs of racial poison. Let us pray for wise and understanding hearts. Let us lay aside irrelevant differences to make our Nation whole.”

The man who delivered that speech in 2009 was forced by his strength of character to quit his job in 2013 because he refused to follow the racist rules of his supervisor(s). He was told not to hire white people!

This entry was posted in BGI - Black Grievance Industry, Conspiracy ?, CRS, Cultural Marxism, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, Fabian Socialists - Modern Progressives, George Zimmerman Open Thread, Mark O'Mara, media bias, Obama re-election, Obama Research/Discovery, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Racism, Trayvon Martin, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

62 Responses to Uncommon Valor – One Courageous Man Refuses To Participate In Racism: Ondray Harris, Executive Director, Public Employee Relations Board of the District of Columbia, Quits Because Board Demands “No White People Allowed To Be Hired”

1. dizzymissl says:

Harris will go far in the private sector–good for him!!

I wonder if the Wasserman in the article is any relation to Wasserman-Schultz?

2. CrankyinAZ says:

I’ll second that Good for him!!! We need more people like him in Washington – not less.

3. czarowniczy says:

I was up in DC when (a) the PD transitioned from revolvers to pistols and the first two shootings with the pistols were DC cops shooting each other or themselves and, (b) when the DC subway, built by ALLEGED ‘friends’ of the DC crack-smoking Mayor Barry, collapsed, taking a huge hunk of above ground DC street with it. Yep, lotsa questions about the little crap-trap, self-serving tar-baby DC system the Congressional oversight group charged with trying to keep DC from looking too much like 90s Liberia created.

4. Wraith says:

God bless you, Mr. Harris!

5. Stormy says:

Mr. Harris received his Bachelor’s Degree from Hampden-Sydney College. The school’s mission is to “form good men and good citizens in an atmosphere of sound learning.” As such, Hampden–Sydney has one of the strictest honor codes of any college or university. Upon entering as a student, each man pledges that he will not lie, cheat, steal, nor tolerate those who do; this pledge is binding for life.

He sounds like a man of his word, and I applaud him for his action.

6. PatriotUSA says:

I pray first and foremost for Mr. Harris to be watched over by the Lord. For him and his family to be kept safe and sound, that he not end up an ‘accident or statistic as people do when they stray off of the plantation, cross the master Obamey.

I pray Dear God that you let this man, a true shining example of American Exceptionalism continue to walk in the light and always be in the sunlight of truth and righteousness.

Thank yo for posting this and re-blogged over at PC. Brought a smile to my face, peace into my mind and strength into my heart. Thank you Lord for such people as Onday Harris.

• Sharon says:

Amen and Amen.

Psalm 59:1, 3, 9, 17

Prayer for Onday:

Deliver me from my enemies, O God; protect me from those who rise up against me. … See how they lie in wait for me! Fierce men conspire against me, for no offense or sin of mine, O Lord….O my Strength, I watch for you; you, O God, are my fortress, … O my Strength, I sing praise to you; you, O God, are my fortress, my loving God.

• 9thGenerationAmerican says:

Amen sister Sharon…and was happy to read in a recent post of your’s that you are also now an Oregonian as am I. Welcome! This state NEEDS more Conservative Americans!!!

• Sharon says:

Willamette Valley — the “wrong side” of the state, from what I hear from some other conservatives, but we do what we can! Actually, I think every single person we’ve gotten acquainted with in the almost 2 years we’ve been here fits the general description of common sense, conservative American. Outnumbered by Portland, Eugene and Salem in some ways, of course! Thanks for the welcome. Much appreciated!

• 9thGenerationAmerican says:

I am here (Willamette Valley) too, and yes…the further one gets from Portland, Eugene and Salem the more one finds sensibility and morals…….Again, Welcome!

• PatriotUSA says:

Either of you can come visit me here on the Right side of the Cascades. Just avoid Bend, it wants to be a another Dorkland or Hippiegene.

• 9thGenerationAmerican says:

Thank you my friend…who knows I’ve been all over the state before and could again. And yes, last time I was in Bend I saw it was headed that way, such as Sisters, Joseph and far too many other “pioneering” localities that for generations consisted of the best “stock” of people to ever emerge from this once great Republic. May the Lord smile upon you and your’s……

• dmoseylou says:

Amen! May the Lord bless you and keep you in the palm of His hand.

• canadacan says:

Going to say this every day for George Zimmerman as well what a great prayer

7. Stormy says:

Is this something?

Interesting quote from Mr. Harris as the CRS Director speaking about the CRS assisting protestors for TM:

It [CRS] is the only Federal entity dedicated to assisting state and local government units, private and public organizations, and community groups with preventing and resolving racial and ethnic tensions, incidents, and civil disorders. The CRS works to restore stability and accord.

Under President Obama, the group’s mission has expanded substantially. Officials are permitted to take on a more aggressive role, moving from a “reactionary” to a “preventative” stance, CRS Director Ondray Harris told the website Main Justice. And the categories that can bring in The Peacemakers now include gender, “gender identity,” sexual orientation, religion, and disability.

• Sharon says:

Well, I’m going to hitch-hike on that, Stormy. It’s maybe a bit “too much” of a change of direction, but then again….maybe not.

Here is the text from The Church Around the World (June 2013), a news brochure we got in our Sunday church bulletin, one of this week’s news bits:

Arrests of Christians accused of proselytizing continue in Libya, with a total of seven people now known to be in custody, including one reported to have been tortured….Libya’s Preventative Security Unit arrest the….(countries listed)….who have yet to be officially charged. Later, Preventative Security officers picked up two more….Preventative Security is an internal police force that was formed during the Libyan Revolution by regional rebel leaders.

8. PatriotUSA says:

He may have worked for the District Of Columbia but such horrid political correctness did not start with the Obama years but Obama has played the race and PC cards very well. Carzowniczy’s comment is spot on and I got a bit off track. My apologies to all. This is a prime example of how evil political correctness is and how infectious and addictive it has become to those in positions of power. DC has been a cesspool of the worst sort for decades.

9. Sharon says:

Harris quoting from Lyndon Johnson, “Let us pray for wise and understanding hearts.” That makes me sick. Lyndon Baines Johnson was an absolutely ungodly and foul-mouthed, obscene individual. I can guarantee you he didn’t do any praying to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. He was coarse, manipulative, power-hungry, cruel to his political peers when it suited him and absolutely willing, at the drop of a hat, to crush any one of them under his heel.

It looks to me like Mr. Harris may have bought into the PC steaming pile at some point, and then at some later point, realized it really was just a steaming pile and resumed his life as a thinking, individual American.

• sundance says:

That last paragraph you just wrote there hits me as profound and correct.

It appears that’s exactly what happened. Upon Obama coming to the Oval office 2009 Harris was hopeful and bright eyed – “a post racial America”.

In 2013 he has to quit his job because of the blatant anti-white racism surrounding him in this “post racial” doctrine of Obama.

Man-O-Man what a story this would tell if there was a legitimate media any more…..

….. The substance of that story is “THAT conversation” we are told we need to have, yet no-one really wants to have it – lest they lose the arrow from the quiver of grievance.

• PatriotUSA says:

LBJ and his “Great Society”, yeah thanks a lot LBJ. You are correct. He was a cruel, spiteful, greedy man who would do anything for absolute power. LBJ was known for being nasty tempered and extremely foul of mouth.

10. Stormy says:

That is exactly what I believed I was seeing in Mr. Harris’ journey also, Sharon. I thought it was interesting that he was appointed by President Bush, and I also found the wiki entry re: his undergraduate alma mater, Hampden -Sydney, intriguing, especially the Honor Code pledge that is binding for life. I love that sundance started his post using the words “Uncommon Valor” and describing Ondray Harris as “One Courageous Man”. I totally agree.

*and thank you to whomever pulled the quote from the linked article and bolded parts of it… I wanted to, but did know if I needed to use [ ] ‘s or to accomplish that here at TCH.

11. Stormy says:

* to accomplish that… since those didn’t show up, that might have just answered that query. 🙂

12. sundance says:

Alternate Headline: Thick With Irony – The Former Head Of The DOJ “Peacekeepers” Is Told by Washington DC To Be Racist – He Quits

13. Sentenza says:

Wow. I have to admire and respect his moral courage.

We need more good men like this in government.

• canadacan says:

This makes me want to strive to be a better more decent human being

• Coast says:

Sadly those are exactly the type of people that we will never have in government, especially in the Federal sector. You would be amazed as to the various programs, departments and initiatives that, to a large extent, are dedicated in giving blacks an advantage hiring, retention and promotion. Included are initiatives in canvassing black colleges for new hires, the EEO office that is always run by a person of color, awards and recognition that are always examined through the prism of race and quotas, etc. I could say a lot more, but I shouldn’t. I just wish everyone could just treat people fairly based on content and character, and not on color, but in my opinion race seems to be a bigger issue today than it was several years ago. The GZ/TM case is a prime example.

14. bullnuke says:

He is an honorable man.

15. ctdar says:

What a brave man, let us pray Harris is the first of many to step up and renounce this type of government.

• maggiemoowho says:

Amen!!! I don’t know why, but this makes me think that some other scandal is going to be uncovered soon. Get out now before becoming a fall guy for Obama and Holder.

16. maggiemoowho says:
  17. brocahontas says:

Hey let’s expand government to preferentially hire low quality and vindictive people. Nothing could go wrong here.

18. Chip Bennett says:

Ondray Harris bears the mantle of the legacy of Martin Luther King, Jr.

Watch your six, sir; progressives despise everything you represent.

19. nameofthepen says:

I hope it is not simply more “synthetic reality” dished out by the Ministry of Propaganda…

20. diwataman says:

There seems to be one commonality among whistle-blowers, they’re stupid. I mean if you know you’re going to go out in the world with accusations then at least prepare for it like recording it or something. Or go to some investigating agency that can do something about it while you’re there. Why quit? If you know you’re in the right then stay there, fight it and change it. What’s going to happen here? This guy will go on living his life and nothing will change.

• Judy says:

I see class not stupidity. There are many avenues to construct change. We need more examples of this side of courage. We’ve seen enough fighting already. And do we know what he has done/is doing? I would have a hard time imagining him doing nothing. He would certainly be in a position and have the personal contacts to make a huge difference.

• 9thGenerationAmerican says:

Wrong….diwataman, nothing could be better than what this man did. Stay and change what….how? Is this man expected by you to be able to rewrite policy or enforce exsisting ones on his own? When most bureaucrats seek only personal gain and that “pot-o-gold” at the end of their careers, this man chose the higher road. He is not only a shining example to his race, but to all of us who still believe in “absolutes”. Right, is ALWAYS right…and wrong is ALWAYS wrong. No gray fuzziness, no psychobabble nonsense. For now I choose to believe this man did what he felt was right, and I would like to believe that I would have done the same. Most of us are never tested in life altering ways. I want to believe that there is an awakening happening in America these days, where a somehow “sedated” nation has gotten a “cold slap upside the head” and has noticed something other than “American Idol” and has begun to notice AMERICA….what it stands for, the price that has been paid in the blood of our fathers, brothers and sons for it’s creation and survival and how close we are now to losing it. I don’t blame you for being cynical, if that is what it was, it’s hard not to be these days….heck, I want to shut down my computer, not turn on the radio, (I already don’t watch television) and take a break from the daily idiocy that has become the norm anymore but I’m worried I would miss the sound of the “bugle”.

21. Don P. says:

If only the people who work for the IRS had this much character and integrity.

22. tara says:

Well-educated and successful man who sees the big picture. It’s not surprising that he looks as much of a class act as he behaves. Love this guy.

23. pet says:

Resist, he much – he must and he will much about that be committed!

24. AntonyG says:

I’m guessing that this courageous guy is a Christian. The fact is the more Western civilzation loses it’s Judeo-Christian heritage the more likely there won’t be prinicipled people around to stand up against this type of tyranny.

25. David B. says:

People being judged by the color of their skin and not the content of their character.

26. Pingback: MAN OF THE WEEK – Ondray Harris, | Pitts Report

27. Casual Persuasion says:

So….does he live in the District of Columbia or not? Apparently his position required him to reside in D.C. but he refused to move from Virginia. As near as I can tell the only facts that are available in this case is that he resigned rather than comply with the residency law.

• Spar Harmon says:

…then you simply did not read everything…the residency was a side issue trotted out the cover ass by that board…just read the text and the cogent FACTS are clearly stated there…

28. Judy says:

Excellent interview on Huckabee just now. Said he was not so concerned about the impact of his resignation on his career as the work environment of the people he hired and the level of corruption he was expected to adhere to….that’s really paraphrased…am sure it will hit youtube…..he is not laying down…working from outside is much more effective when combating such especially when you care about the people you had hired. Other whistle blowers told their stories, too. More and more are speaking out…let’s hope it continues in this direction.

29. Pingback: Uncommon Valor – One Courageous Man Refuses To Participate In Racism: Ondray Harris, Executive Director, Public Employee Relations Board of the District of Columbia, Quits Because Board Demands “No White People Allowed To Be Hired” | Tea

30. Pingback: Uncommon Valor – One Courageous Man Refuses To Participate In Racism: Ondray Harris, Executive Director, Public Employee Relations Board of the District of Columbia, Quits Because Board Demands “No White People Allowed To Be Hired” | The

31. Pingback: Uncommon Valor – One Courageous Man Refuses To Participate In Racism: Ondray Harris, Executive Director, Public Employee Relations Board of the District of Columbia, Quits Because Board Demands “No White People Allowed To Be Hired” | DC

32. RoyBoy says:

Targeting people for their political beliefs, gender or race. This has always been the way of the Democrats for 200 yrs. In academia it’s hard for conservatives to get jobs at universities and if they do Tenure may never happen. For this discrimination to spread to Govt is especially disturbing. Then again in Hitlers NAZI Germany or Stalin’s COMMUNIST Russia you got nowhere unless you were a loyal member of the State Party. Comrade Obama is following suit.

• Judy says:

And it is being played out in the military as well….

The June 2, 2013 edition of Operation Freedom, a radio program hosted by Dr. David Janda and broadcast by WAAM radio in Ann Arbor, MI, featured a 25-minute interview with Dr. Jim Garrow. Dr. Garrow was a 2009 Nobel Prize nominee, runs over 250 English-language schools in China, and reportedly has rescued over forty-thousand baby girls from China through international adoption.

Dr. Garrow made news in January 2013 when he first stated publicly that a well-known retired US military leader had alerted him that President Obama was asking military leaders if they would help confiscate the guns of US citizens and give orders to fire on those resisting confiscation.

This interview describes some of the follow-up and fallout from his statements earlier this year….some of the highlights…… For example, Garrow stated that the reality of the request from Obama has been confirmed by retired Major General Paul Vallely and about eighty other active-duty or retired military leaders, some of whom have not done so publicly. As many have suspected, he confirmed that a number of military leaders have stepped aside rather than acquiesce to the request, thereby breaking the law and the Constitution.

Both Janda and Garrow independently referenced one or more meetings between retired and active duty military to discuss what could be done about the situation. Garrow described the motivation for the meetings: “people who believe in the Republic don’t want to see it be subverted by a Commie.”

Dr. Janda asked if Garrow, like himself, had been threatened for speaking out. Garrow laughed and asked Janda if he’d been listening in on his conversations. Garrow said he’s been warned by acquaintances who he feels have been coopted or bribed. Garrow also described a telephone call from someone who “can’t get a higher level in the intelligence community” and who didn’t waste much time on small talk: “‘Nice to talk to you again. It’s been fifteen years since we chatted. I want to warn you — Obama does kill people.'”

Garrow further recounted that, because he is not terribly popular with the Obama administration, US Secretary of Education Arne Duncan jawboned the principal of Garrow’s high school (Weston Collegiate in suburban Toronto) into cancelling his commencement speech. The interview concluded by Garrow comparing Obama to other world leaders. He said that Obama gets no respect on the world stage, and that the Chinese were playing chess while Obama plays checkers.

33. My new hero, good for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

34. Jack jurgens says:

How can people help Mr. Harris ? I want to. If this country is to survive as the USA that we know, the principles he champions must prevail. Jack Jurgens

35. john grace says:

Ondray Harris did not quit, he was ousted for violating DC’s residency rules. He wrote an angry letter in retaliation accusing two board members advising not to hire white people. Many people are skeptical of his accusations being that they were written in retaliation. An investigation is needed to find the truth. Until then I would hold off on declaring him a hero.