“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations has been 200 years. Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage.” -Alexander Tytler
Support The Treehouse
Choose A Topic
- April 24th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #95
- Monday April 24th – Open Thread
- T-Rex: No Further Questions Needed on Russia Sanctions Being Lifted,… EVER !
- Full AP Interview With President Trump (transcript)….
- Sunday Talks: Chief of Staff Reince Priebus -vs- NBC’s Chuck Toad…
Historical Campfire Conversations
- April 24th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #95 theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/04/24/apr… https://t.co/UMbK9LcJ7b 5 hours ago
- Monday April 24th – Open Thread theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/04/24/mon… https://t.co/O0om9F0adE 5 hours ago
- RT @VP: It is my pleasure to visit American Samoa & thank US service members stationed here as we travel back from Australia toward home. h… 5 hours ago
- RT @TEN_GOP: People began cheering and clapping when President Trump, Melania and Ivanka made a surprise appearance at the restaurant in Wa… 5 hours ago
- RT @DCAntiCom: We got him https://t.co/i3ituApwAO 5 hours ago
George Zimmerman Case Research
The Bard of Murdock