Susan G Komen Foundation – All Support Should Be Withdrawn

In the initial decision from Susan G. Komen to withdraw funding for Planned Parenthood founder Nancy Brinker made clear the decision was based NOT on political influence, but rather on a fiduciary duty of the organization not to support organizations under investigation.   But in the decision to re-instate consideration, the only factor was the political influence.   Think about that.

Regardless of how you feel about the abortion industry that is Planned Parenthood the insufferable flip-flop was solely made on the auspices of political backlash.   This level of shallow unprincipled wishy-washing principle is incomprehensible to me within any organization.  A decision to change course based solely on the outrage from within a minority of society that chooses to perpetrate the killing of unborn children is NOT a valid, reasonable, or moral decision.   It reflects a selfish, unprincipled, morally bankrupt mission statement from within an organization that refuses to take a stand.

Within the released statement you find the following excerpt:

Our original desire was to fulfill our fiduciary duty to our donors by not funding grant applications made by organizations under investigation. We will amend the criteria to make clear that disqualifying investigations must be criminal and conclusive in nature and not political. That is what is right and fair.

Really?   That is what is right and fair?   Really?

In an era where we place more emphasis upon the rights of people to avoid consequence for their behavior out of some misguided sense of convenience, this unprincipled and insufferable manipulative positioning must not be supported.   Therefore it is important, nay vital, that all conservative support for such an organization must be withdrawn with extreme prejudice.   Starting now.

Here is a summary article with pertinent information and the entire Komen statement.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

52 Responses to Susan G Komen Foundation – All Support Should Be Withdrawn

1. So many political whores to be exposed, so little time.

2. WeeWeed says:

Before they made this reversal, I was so proud of the original decision. As the outrage from the pro-abortion crowd mounted, I was thinking – ‘who the hell are you?? private organizations can donate to whomever they choose.’ Well apparently NOT. Coming to any/all charities near YOU. PS – in Texas, mammograms and breast care are NOT provided. They call themselves “mostly surgical facilities.”

• What a P.C. way to describe what they really do. 😦

• storm915 says:

Last time I looked…SGK is not a “private organization” it is a tax-exempt charitable organization, and the money they donate is the money I and millions of other women gave them…so yes, we do have the right to tell them what we think…and we did!

Planned Parenthood is not about abortions, which is only 3% of what they offer. If you cannot afford treatment, they offer FREE BREAST CANCER SCREENING, PAP & HPV TESTS. Does your Doctor or Medical provider do that, I think they charge don’t they?

But then again, you wouldn’t know that because your lot only think about themselves and no else…oh btw, SGK is nothing but a Corporate Money Grabbing Machine whose time has come!

• WeeWeed says:

PP IS about abortion and you should do a little more research. And that 3% stat you just threw out there? I counter with the yellow BS flag.

Photobucket

• stellap says:

They perform 300,000 abortions per year, of a total of 3,000,000 women served. They claim 3% of their budget, but it is 10% of those served. 300,000 babies killed every year. SGK is a tax-exempt charitable organization, and you can give or not give to them as you wish. Their board will decide who receives grants. Planned Parenthood’s main interest has been birth control from the very beginning, and abortions became part of that after Roe v Wade.

I have nothing against birth control, which is a responsible way (in my opinion only) to control the number of children and how closely together they are born, but I do not support abortion. Having an unwanted child is not fun, but ending the life of a child because you don’t want it is not a responsible adult decision, to say the least. If your life is in danger that is another discussion. I doubt that those 300,000 abortions were all made up of women whose lives were in danger.

And no, my doctor doesn’t do HPV/PAP tests or mammograms for free, and why should he? If I can afford to pay for it, then I should do so. Those who can’t afford it can go to a free clinic, including PP.

As for ‘our lot’, you have no idea what you are talking about. I remember what it was like before both birth control pills and legal abortions. It was a better world, overall. Unmarried women like me who had an unplanned pregnancy generally married the father, or gave the child up for adoption. As for people who only think about themselves, you could be describing women who negligently become pregnant and use abortion as birth control. People make mistakes, but some don’t consider it to be a mistake since they can get rid of the baby, and someone else will pay for it – like you, for instance. You really ought to get that hate under control, btw.

• Math problem: 300,000 is what percentage of the approximate 1.2 million abortions performed in the United States each year?

• stellap says:

By the way, Storm915, thanks for reviving the topic here on our blog!!!!

• Aussie says:

actually Storm915 you are a liar, or at least you have proffered absolutely no proof for your statements.

It is a well-known fact that PP is about abortions. They are nothing more than an abortion mill. This includes giving RU486 to young females, who then end up dying as a result of the abortion. Yes, there are recorded deaths related to RU486 and it is a fact that the deaths occur in a certain age group. However, PP does not care about such things, so long as they push abortion.

Women should have the option of breast screen but NOT with PP. The US should follow the Australian lead where we have mobile breast screening so that women have access to the facility. PP does not get a look in to breast screening in Australia.

As for contraception… well the best form of contraception is for a girl to keep her legs tightly closed, and not to be so free and easy with sexual activity. In that way she is less likely to be infected with all sorts of STDs. You do know that STDs are transmitted via casual sexual activity, which means if you do not indulge then there is less chance of picking up an STD!!

• Still doesn’t change my perspective. I will not support, purchase, provide aid to, or otherwise assist the Komen foundation with any further support. Nor will I buy their “PINK” products or any product from any company that collaborates with them. Period.

That’s my personal choice.

• WeeWeed says:

Myself. Today, I listened to a rather lengthy tape on an a.m. radio show – done down here ala Brietbart, where PP (in TX) admitted to contraception and abortions – period. There is NO breast care, let alone mammograms or treatment provided by them. I refuse to give to any organization that will cave to a “shakedown” by a small percentage of our “progressive” population. Hell, if it’s up to PP, there will BE no further population.

• PP = population control

That’s really all people need to know.

• MRM says:

I’ve been boycotting Komen for a while due to the association with PP, but thanks for clearing up the mammogram issue, Wee’d…. I kept seeing tweets yesterday saying that in TX, PP did provide them. Good to know the truth.

• MRM, I had no idea Komen was even remotely connected to PP until this story hit the headlines. I feel foolish, really foolish. One of the reasons is because I have litterally given them tens of thousands of dollars support, and a hundred fold times more through the various business associations that make up the foundation itself.

Suffice to say I am not only feeling embarassed. But I am angry.

Are you aware of any other entity of similar stature that does the same?

• Nor will I. I think they lack the courage of their convictions. I hate that the lefties get to gloat over this, and from what I’ve read on their FB page, doesn’t matter what they say or do going forward. The Death Cultists will not be satisfied until the CEO (and founder!!!) and Karen Handel have been fired. They are willing do destroy 30 years of amazing work AND people’s careers becasue they disagree with them. This is what appeasing lefties gets you. Foolish, sad decision on their part to make this statement.

• Allen West got in bed with the McConnell/Boehner team and now has to deal with the consequences of irrelevance for his insufferable compromises.

Nancy Brinker has gotten in bed with the Death Machine that is Planned Parenthood and now will deal with the consequences of irrelevance for her insufferable compromises.

I never used to be so willing to dispatch people, but times are different now. I am no longer willing to accept demise at a slower rate.

Provide no Quarter !!

3. Auntie Lib says:

I’ve got an idea. There’s a whole lot of controversy about whether or not abortions may increase the risk of breast cancer. Maybe the Koman Foundation should underwrite a SIGNIFICANT study in conjunction with PP (I.e., using the PP patient database) and see how the cookies crumble.

Whadda ya wanna bet that PP immediately starts screaming about “confidentiality”??? $10,000, anyone?

• WeeWeed says:

LOL! Excellent – would immediately “out” them, would it not??

• Aussie says:

Auntie Lib there were studies that pointed to the fact that miscarriages, procured or natural, might increase the risk of breast cancer.

I am of the view that there is merit to this particular assumption because my late mother-in-law who had 7 live births, also suffered several miscarriages and she ended up with breast cancer. Her case was the first where I had to re-think the notion that breast-feeding was some kind insulation against breast cancer.

Apparently it is the fact that when we become pregnant certain hormones are released and when there is a miscarriage there is a disruption to the hormone levels.

It makes sense because there is also an apparent link between breast cancer and HRT which increases the levels of estrogen after a woman has reached menopause.

There seems to be a link to estrogen levels, and it sounds like it is estrogen levels that get out of whack when a woman has a miscarriage/abortion.

4. Please read – Exeptional recap:

In just about 24 hours the “non-political” billion-dollar entity known as Planned Parenthood — which does not itself do mammograms, despite how ABC News frames it — managed to leak the news that the Susan G. Komen Foundation would no longer be contributing $700,000 dollars to its coffers, get the two stupidest women in the US Senate to go into public hysterics, bring out the heavy guns of the mainstream media and apparently win Komen’s surrender! […]

Understand what has happened, here. Komen did not break the news that they were defunding; Planned Parenthood — the “unpolitical” operation — leaked the news in order to sic their buddies in the senate and in the media on Komen. The assault was readied and rolled out, and damn near rabid — all out of proportion to what it should mean for one charity to decline to give $700,000 to another charity worth a billion! The message was clear: get back in line, or we will destroy you; we will bring the full power of the elite media and the government against you.

And so, like a good but weak soldier, Komen has essentially destroyed itself: hardline leftists will never forgive it; hardline rightists will never trust it. But feel a little sorry for Komen. They were trying to do the better thing, and they got mauled for it. They’re not cowards, they just weren’t strong. Not everyone can face the lions, especially if they’re being pounced on in their first steps.

In this, however, Komen has helped put panache on institutional bullying; it’s demonstrated that the one-two punch of the press and a mere calling out from DC is enough to buckle the knees. The press and the Democrats have made an example of Komen — with Komen’s permission: this is what we will do to you, if you dare step out of line.

5. barnslayer says:

Upon hearing about this my wife asked…
    Why is this foundation whose goal is to find a cure for breast cancer taking my donations and giving them away to some other cause? Why aren’t they putting all their resources towards curing breast cancer?

6. cjmartel says:

What I want to know, as does Sundancer, how many other organizations are tied to the genocide machine? I read where Pepsi is using a company that uses remains from abortions to test their products, now this. Kind of reminds me of I G Farben of Aushwitz fame, who is is making the crematoriums, who is manufacturing the killing machines, who else is donating to this twisted, demented “choice” providing infanticides?

7. tnwahm says:

I got into a discussion of FB today that I’m sure was precipitated by all posts the last couple of days about Komen and PP. I’m not sure I did the right thing. A friend posted her “political rant for the year.” She was telling those that had never had to make THE CHOICE to stop pretending that they have all the answers. That they were alienating and passing judgment on those that are still feeling deep emotional pain and scaring those that are in the middle of making the choice; that all unplanned pregnancies are painful.

I replied with; “You are right; all choices in an unplanned pregnancy are painful. What must be remembered is that the choice that is made by the mother also affects the life of the baby. The baby doesn’t have a choice. No matter the choice made, it isn’t over.”

Her reply was; “I’m just saying that we have all sinned and fall short. We have no right to judge anyone. No sin is worse than another. Love is the greatest commandment.”
    My answer was; “Where is the judgment that you are talking about? You are right. Sin is sin, but some sin affects more people than others.”

She replied with; “Calling a girl a murderer. There is no love in that. Keeping a child that is unwanted hurts the child too.”

Another friend chimed in with that what she wrote was beautiful and that we shouldn’t muck it by turning it into a debate.

I answered with “So the hurt that an ‘unwanted child’ may experience in life is greater than not having life at all? I’m not trying to muck up what GW said. I’m responding to a statement that I don’t think tells the whole story.”

My friend then posted her story; “I lived the whole story. I was an unwanted child. I had an unplanned pregnancy. My life has been incredibly painful. I still deal with the repercussions of my mothers choice to keep me. I also deal with the repercussions of my own unplanned pregnancy. I have heard women who have chosen to end their pregnancy and they are in considerable emotional pain. Made worse by the tiny crosses churches put on their front lawn. I am not saying be pro choice or be pro life. I just think mercy goes a lot farther than condemnation.” This friend has also left her husband and kids in the last 18 months because he wasn’t “exciting” enough for her. I’m sure she’s experiencing much guilt right now.

I answered with; “I know that you’ve been thru incredible pain in your life. I can only imagine, but are you saying that you would rather have had your mom abort you? I know that my life has been enriched because of you and your beautiful children. I agree with you that mercy is needed, but how do you combat wickedness in the world w/o speaking the truth?”
    Another friend then went into a rant on how we need to show mercy and forgiveness and not judge people. That why would people want to become a Christian if their past actions are seen as an abomination to God.

My last reply was; “I don’t understand how stating one’s belief that abortion is wrong or murder is being judgmental. As far as someone not wanting to become a Christian if their past actions are seen as an abomination to God, why would they need to become a Christian if their sins are not an abomination to God? What would they need to be saved from? The fact is that we have all sinned and need forgiveness. When did Jesus not call out sin? I’m not saying that people need to be beat over the head with their sin ~and I agree that there are some Christians that do~ but if there’s no recognition of sin, we wouldn’t need a Savior.”

I bring this up because I know that abortion is a hot topic and lots of heated debates took place because of Komen and PP. I wasn’t trying to sound judgmental, but I think we’ve gone soft on sin. I know being legalistic like my grandparents is not attracting people to the Gospel, but like other segments of our society, I believe many of our churches have gotten PC about sin. Where’s the balance?

• stellap says:

TW, I think that your ‘friend’ is a jerk, a girlchild who never grew up, and is shilling for pity. She did a bad thing so what does she do? She blames her mother, her unborn child, and other people who are pro-life. She should be able to do whatever she wants, and we should all agree that it’s okay to kill babies because that’s what she did. She wants mercy? How much mercy did she show her unborn child? Or her living children, for that matter. Self-centered child is what she is. The others don’t want to “rock the boat”. Let’s all be ‘nice’ to each other. You are right. Completely. Truth is truth.

• tnwahm says:

Her dad ~I think it’s her foster dad, but I’m not sure~ posted overnight with: “Thanks for speaking out with today’s post. I understand what you are saying and strongly believe you are on target. We must always remember God’s will plays the most important role. Did he believe the sin was right. No, but does He want what is best for the infant, yes. You made the correct decision so find peace of The One who grants us the peace that passes all understanding and have a blessed weekend with your beautiful kids. Dad”

She replied with: “I just want to be sure that my point is clear. My point is, whether I agree or disagree is not important. I was struck with the knowledge that one of my dear friends has to pass a church with tiny crosses out front everyday. That church’s “free speech” is why she does not attend church now. My point was simply to say, love and mercy is the best way to be a bulletin board for God. ”

I answered with: “I think you would be surprised that many of the strongest voices for life are those that have been touched by THE CHOICE as you put it. I’m sorry for your friend, but the reality is that many confronted with an unplanned pregnancy don’t realize that the choice they make during that time is one that will haunt them all their lives; whatever it may be. As you said in your original post. Any choice is painful.”

My friend: “I am sure that is what I meant by any choice is painful. There is no easy choice. I am a huge proponent of abstinence. That way it is not a choice anyone HAS to make.”

I was wondering last night if I waded in when I shouldn’t have. This friend is very angry. and deeply hurt. She uses humor to deflect her pain and doesn’t let anyone get close. I think the reason that she left her husband is that she got saved while she was pregnant and that’s when she met him and he was with her during the delivery of the child that she gave up for adoption. I don’t think she can accept unconditional love and he is a reminder of what her life was like when they met.

I think that what we as the body of Christ need is to show both sides of love. There’s a tender side and a tough side. My dh has to balance it with his addict clients every day. With her dad’s comments , her comments this this morning and response to what I said this morning, I think I did the right thing to wade in.

• Super quick reply – yes, you were right to wade in. My opinion is, if you put somethin on your FB, then you are basically starting a conversation.

More later, off to a party.

• Aussie says:

She is so wrong about the Church!! At least within the Catholic Church. There are Bishops worldwide who work with women who have gone through abortion followed by the pain and realisation of what they have done. It is called forgiveness.

By abandoning the Church and not seeking out that forgiveness those women are not able to let go of their actions in the past.

8. Enjoying a good girls scout cookie? Read more:

A new pro-life website set up by two teen siblings exposes the links and connections between the Girl Scouts of America and the Planned Parenthood abortion business.

Last year, the Girl Scout organization came under fire nationally when the World Association of Girl Scouts and Girl Guides hosted a no-adults-welcome panel at the United Nations where Planned Parenthood was allowed to distribute a brochure entitled “Healthy, Happy and Hot.” The brochure, aimed at young people living with HIV, contains explicit and graphic details on sex, as well as the promotion of casual sex in many forms.

In 2004, a report from a pro-life group that monitors Planned Parenthood indicated more than one-quarter of GSA troops work with the pro-abortion group. Of the 315 Girl Scout councils in the U.S. at that time, 17 councils reported having a relationship with Planned Parenthood and its affiliates, and 49 reported they do not. The other 249 refused to disclose any relationship.

After learning of these disturbing links, teen siblings Sydney and Tess Volanski decided to leave their local Girl Scout group after eight years of involvement and they have decided to launch a new web site called “SPEAK NOW: Girl Scouts” exposing the distribution of the brochures at the UN meeting and other links between the young girls’ organization and the abortion business.

Sydney told the pro-life group Concerned Women for America, “Even though they denied this involvement … we wanted to make sure that we knew what we were supporting by being a Girl Scout, so we continued to research the connection.”

“We found shortly after this ‘Healthy, Happy, Hot’ issue, that The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts also called WAAG, which is the international organization that Girl Scouts is a part of, had a post on their website demanding safe, affordable, and accessible abortions for women as young as I am, 15,” she said.

The response from the Girl Scouts has been swift and, according to the Christian Post, a representative said, “Girl Scouts does not take a position on abortion or birth control. The national umbrella organization, Girl Scouts of the USA does not have a relationship with Planned Parenthood on a national level and does not plan to have one.”

But the teens, on their web site, say the various links from individual Girl Scout groups and the UN meeting are enough to compel pro-life scouts to disassociate from the organization.

“Leaving Girl Scouts was not a casual, easy, or convenient decision,” they state on their site. “Girl Scouts was a huge part of our lives that included a bond with our best friends. We refuse to remain silent while this organization’s unscrupulous principles mislead over 2 million girls in the United States alone. We created SpeakNowGirlScouts.com in order to spread the truth to others who have no idea what GSUSA’s [Girl Scouts of the United States of America’s] true intentions are. This website is our way to speak now and we hope it encourages you to do the same.”

“While we recognized the many good things about Girl Scouts, we had to ask ourselves: Will we stand for our beliefs, for the dignity of life, the sanctity of marriage, modesty, purity? Or will we remain true to Girl Scouts? We cannot see any way to truly do both,” they said. “Their CEO proudly admitted to partnering with Planned Parenthood in 2005, and the statement has never been retracted.”

In fact, Kathy Cloninger, CEO of the Girl Scouts of America, appeared on NBC’s “Today” show many years ago and said, “We partner with many organizations. We have relationships with our church communities, with YWCAs, and with Planned Parenthood organizations across the country, to bring information-based sex education programs to girls.”

The Family Research Council has praised the creation of the Volanskis’ new website and has directed young girls to take the teens’ lead and quit Girl Scouts to join American Heritage Girls, a “nonprofit dedicated to the mission of building women of integrity through service to God, family, community and country,” according to the group’s website.

ACTION: Contact the Girl Scouts at http://www.girlscouts.org/help/contact_us.asp

9. Patriot Dreamer says:

Have You Seen the Creepy Planned Parenthood Cartoon They Would Like to Forget?

This is from 2007!

10. stellap says:

Here’s the video of the Planned Parenthood cartoon. I tried to post it, and it went Poof! Let’s hope t he third try is a charm.

• barnslayer says:

Wow! This thing has it all. It utilizes the race card and class warfare as well as out and out lies. Apparently violence against pro-life politicians is funny and a good idea. For good measure it justifies violence against pro-life protestors. The PC “hero” points a handgun at them and makes them “go away”. Joseph Goebbels would have been proud.

• stellap says:

Isn’t it amazing? The superhero is a black woman. She goes after the conservative politician and Jerry Falwell (I think that’s who it was). What a steaming pile.

11. Patriot Dreamer says:

Planned Parenthood’s Hostages
    The abortion provider uses a vast media and political network to maintain its subsidies from government and private charities.

The reality is that Planned Parenthood—with annual revenues exceeding $1 billion—does little in the way of screening for breast cancer. But the organization is very much in the business of selling abortions—more than 300,000 in 2010, according to Planned Parenthood. At an average cost of $500, according to various sources including Planned Parenthood’s website, that translates to about $164 million of revenue per year.