update-1UPDATE:   China Says They May Have Located Missing Plane

flight 370

(CNN) — A Chinese satellite looking into the mysterious disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 “observed a suspected crash area at sea,” a Chinese government agency said — a potentially pivotal lead into what has been a frustrating search for the Boeing 777.

flight 370 map

flight 370 map 2

China’s State Administration for Science, Technology and Industry for National Defense announced the discovery, including images of what it said were “three suspected floating objects and their sizes.”

flight 370 china

The images in the Strait of Malacca were captured on March 9 — which was the day after the plane went missing — but weren’t released until Wednesday.

This isn’t the first time that authorities have announced they were looking into objects or oil slicks that might be tied to plane, which went missing last Saturday.  (link)

~~~~~~~~~~~~   Previously ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Five days later, and they are back where they started.   The search area has expanded yet again as they admit they’re clueless…     How the flip do you lose a Boeing 777 and have NO IDEA where to even look.

(malaysia search 3 mapVia CBS NEWS)  Malaysian authorities defended their handling of the hunt for the missing Boeing 777 on Wednesday even as they acknowledged they were unsure which direction the plane was headed when it disappeared, highlighting the massive task facing an international search mission now in its fifth day.

The mystery over the plane’s whereabouts has been confounded by confusing and occasionally conflicting statements by Malaysian officials, adding to the anguish of relatives of the 239 people on board the flight — two thirds of them Chinese.

“There’s too much information and confusion right now. It is very hard for us to decide whether a given piece of information is accurate,” Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang told reporters in Beijing. “We will not give it up as long as there’s still a shred of hope.”

Malaysian Defense Minister Hishammuddin Hussein described the multinational search for the missing plane as an unprecedented and complicated effort and defended his country’s efforts. Some 43 ships and 39 aircraft from at least eight nations were scouring an area of 35,800 square miles.  (read more)

malaysia search

malaysia-airlines-file

About these ads
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

86 Responses to Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Update – Officials Now Say They Have NO IDEA Where It Was, Or Where It Was Heading When It Disappeared … *UPDATE* Chinese Government Claim Their Historical Satellite Imagery May Have Located

1. eweturn says:

Radar playback, shared by WesternJournalism. I am not familiar with the “FlightRadar24″ website that seems to be referenced.

2. safvet says:

See the following link:

An oil rig worker claims to have seen a flaming airplane to his west near the southern coast of Vietnam.

3. auscitizenmom says:

I can guarantee everyone that I will not ever fly on a Malaysia Airline, EVER. And, I don’t know whether they are totally incompetent or are hiding something really bad. It doesn’t even matter to me. I’m not flying on their planes.

• Aslan's Girl says:

I wouldn’t either because I do not want a Muslim as my pilot. EVER. Never know when they might go full-jihadi and suicidal.

• taqiyyologist says:

Imagine one (or many) who are tasked with “watching your six” in the Armed Forces.

People wonder why the suicide rate is so high in the Military. I don’t.

“Wow. I just joined a military with no goals, other than enriching our FedGov’s new Commie Cronie Capitalist Pals (CCCP) — also known as the 1% of the 1% — and it’s new Muslim allies, and training and arming and funding the Muslims who are dedicated to eventually, at some point, killing me. F**K IT. I’m out.”

Anyone — who is truly patriotic and true to the founding ideals of America — who joins any branch of the U.S. miltary right now is signing up to be Bath-Sheba’s husband. You are signing up to die for your Oligarchy, and for it’s new allies.

It looks like Pogo was right. We have met the enemy… and it is us.

• Abagail says:

I recommend staying away from Muslim doctors, too.

4. VideoSavant says:

“How the flip do you lose a Boeing 777 and have NO IDEA where to even look.”

I’m guessing you’ve never been to Malaysia nor dealt with “sons of the soil” leaders there…

• Partyzant says:

Maybe they should ask the NSA or the IC. If they are as all-seeing as they have us believe, I would think that they would have an idea where this thing is.

I am not sure what is more disturbing… that they don’t know or that they have some idea and are not saying.

Maybe it is really a super big sky and a wide open ocean. Occam’s Razor and all that.
      My prayers for the families, so that they may know the truth.

• Stormy says:

Yikes… the “sons of the soil” message is exactly what the libs, ‘rats, and BGI are pushing 8O

Was Soros in Malaysia in the 1970s?

5. ensitue says:

the priority of a pilot is ‘Aviation, navigation, communication’. If the plane was on fire the pilot would have triggered the automated distress system, same for terrorism but the pilots were probably Muslim, like the pilots of that 747 that went down off the coast of NJ/Long Island so there is the possibility of a deep conspiracy and state sponsored terrorism but I would say that this is not a hostage situation

6. Abagail says:

I’m back to my original gut feeling that the plane was stolen. Training for this exercise was done utilizing the pilots home Boeing 777 simulator.

Until evidence to contradict my theory is presented, I’m sticking with it.

• allhail2 says:

A guy mentioned to me today that he bets it’s in Iran.

• Partyzant says:

Abagail,

Consider what it would take to steal, hide and then care for the passengers.
      You would need a remote airport under absolute control. You would need a hangar big enough for a 777-200ER. You would then need to provide life support for the pax & crew (3 squares a day, water, security, medical care & sanitation). There is no conceivable way that I see anyone being able to pull that trick off.. Think of the implications if someone has been able to do this. To what end? Surely, if nefarious forces were at play, there would be some demand, some indication at this point. Like thermodynamics, there is a news cycle that all are unfortunately beholden to.
      I am not an apologist for anyone on this, the chips will have to fall where they may on it. I am perfectly OK with being completely wrong. My personal belief is that there are no survivors.
      Why there is such confusion as to what happened, I have no answers. I suggest that it happened either in a technosphere “blind spot”, perhaps that we are not as all-seeing and omniscient as we may hope, or that as you suggest: nefarious forces are at play and the drama is not over. Maybe it is some cryptic, convoluted diplomatic “message” to some entity. I have no idea, but my heart breaks for the families.

• Coast says:

Why would they have to care for the passengers and crew?

• Abagail says:

“There is no conceivable way that I see anyone being able to pull that trick off.. Think of the implications if someone has been able to do this. To what end? Surely, if nefarious forces were at play, there would be some demand, some indication at this point. ”

This sounds like a hostage scenario, and if the plan was stolen, I don’t think passengers would be kept alive. My thoughts were running towards the plane being stolen and flown to an Islamic state for future use as a means of transporting a weapon. I know it sounds crazy…..

It seems highly improbable that if it crashed, it has not been located after all these days. I just don’t believe this was a true accident.

7. Dan says:

I don’t like flying in ANY plane. Yes I know the statistics, no I don’t give a @&$”.

MineEX 2012 I rode my motorcycle to Las Vegas, on my own dime and on vacation time, instead of flying on the companies dollar.

For me it was worth it. Less stressful. I like riding. Met a ton of interesting people. Saw more of our beautiful country. Didn’t get stuck next to a screaming toddler for 6 hours like my coworker did. All that for $800 and some vacation days I would have lost at the end of the year otherwise, what a deal.

• taqiyyologist says:

Dan. I would never ride a motorcycle. The E.R. calls them Donorcycles.

Then again, I loves me some flying. I always choose a non-wing window seat, on those very rare occasions when I fly. You can see whole state boundaries from up there. It has always been a phenomenally awe-inspiring trip for me. I took an aerospace class my senior year in H.S. Our teacher was a very experienced pilot and a very capable tutor. Toward the end of the year, after all the classwork about the history of flight, the videos of it all, the details of the physics of it all, the radio codes, the weathermap-reading and all of those intricacies, we ACTUALLY GOT TO FLY PLANES. In a public high school.

I got to land a small 4-seater at Plum Island (the teacher controlled the rudder), and it was the coolest thing ever for an 18-year old.

But a motorcycle? I like to look at them.

• LetJusticePrevail" says:

I love bikes, but the stupidity of other drivers scares the you-know-what out of me so I gave them up. Flying is a gas, too, especially since there’s very little to collide with, except the ground. I’ve never piloted a plane, but would love to try the takeoff or flight, but I’ll leave the landings to you (I’d much rather jump out)

• Stormy says:

My son, who will be an M.D. in 66 days, told his wife he will never ride a motorcycle again after completing his surgical trauma rotation. Before that, he owned and rode a motorcycle.

If you ask a doctor what machine has been the most important in the field of organ transplant medicine, they will tell you it’s not the heart/lung bypass machine, but the motorcycle. Motorcycle accidents provide a continuous supply of healthy, 18-25 year old organs.

But, for now anyway, we are each free to travel which ever way we prefer in the United States. I’ll be waving at you riding from up in a plane :D

• Abagail says:

I’ve seen the aftermath of a few motorcycle accidents up close and to this day I stay as far away from them as possible.

8. nyetneetot says:

Chinese ridicule Malaysia’s recruitment of ‘witch doctor’ to track missing plane

“China deployed 10 satellites, Malaysia deployed a few witch doctors,”

• auscitizenmom says:

SMH This is a quote from the witch doctor:
      ‘”I think the plane is still in the air or has crashed into the sea,” he was quoted by Free Malaysia Today as saying.
      Cynical weibo users ridiculed the conclusion. “Wow, that is exactly what I think too,” one wrote, a sentiment shared by many.”‘

• nyetneetot says:

I’m completely torn as to whether I should laugh or not.
        “The Rajah Bomoh said he employed bamboo binoculars as one of his spiritual tools.”

• taqiyyologist says:

By this he has ruled out a possibility.

It could have landed and been hidden.

Hmm. Go with the witch doctor? Or admit that possibility. It’s a tough call.

He is a witch doctor after all. And I may be committing the logical fallacy of “Appeal To Authority” here, I admit. /sarc

SMH

• Stormy says:

Did Dr. Bao get a new job? :roll:

• VideoSavant says:

One word: fengshui

9. doodahdazee says:

I found a video of the radio operator on the flight.

10. ctdar says:

I know the simulator is odd but wonder if it’s a way for a pilot to build hours in spare time?
    Where are the people?

11. allhail2 says:

Something else doesn’t make sense. That area has some, if not the busiest and congested shipping routes in the world. Certainly, if it hit the water there is going to be debris somewhere that a ship or fishing vessel would run across. Except for a perfect belly landing and just allowed to sink, I don’t know. If it hit in the jungles, damaged trees on entry would be the giveaway. Something that large is going to leave a mark. Bizarre.

• ctdar says:

Unfortunately if plane was in a nose dive it probably would have imploded on top of itself like the PA flight on 9/11 and leave a confined diameter.
      I wonder if it was hijacked, the passengers tried to go after the terrorists like those brave Flight 93 travelers.

12. sundance says:

13. ctdar says:

Oh, I hope they have really been found this time.

14. sundance says:

• Abagail says:

How, or why, does an experienced pilot end up so far off route. ( if that’s the plane)

• ctdar says:

See my note below according to “coff” CNN, object is very close to where plane was last detected on its original route. So never veered off course.

15. allhail2 says:

So here’s a question, and ftr I am not a pilot, mechanic, or electronics guy. We’ve heard before about hijackers manually turning off key locator equipment. How about build one in that CANNOT be turned off and is not accessible to anyone on the plane?

• taqiyyologist says:

I thought that’s what the “black box” was designed to address.

• allhail2 says:

Me too. But the black box is an after the fact story teller.

• taqiyyologist says:

True… Why OH WHY can’t these recorders, in addition to locally storing all the data (including the pilots voices), store the data on “the cloud”, via satellite?

Why would that be a hard thing to implement?

I can store live video to the cloud from my oldish cellphone. or from my Ipad, as it’s recording, or in intervals. (Or from my Xbox, or from my PC.)

IOW, we’re still using 1980′s tech with these Flight Recorders.

• taqiyyologist says:

Why is that?

Is it a Union thing? The Buggy Whip principle?

• taqiyyologist says:

I wonder how much one of these “Black Boxes” cost, for the airline manufacturer?

An IPAD could do what it does. For <$400 plus software and hardware. Probably less than $2000. While playing Rachmaninoff.

I bet a black box adds a million to the cost of the plane. For being, essentially, a VHS-recorder for data, from the 80's. Ooh, but it has a "transponder". So does my $100 phone. And I bet it's Union-made. The planes are.

I sure look forward to the demise of deceit, by the sword of Christ.

• safvet says:

A few clarifications….

The Flight Recorders of today are a far cry from the 1980′s versions, that actually did record a few data channels on metal foil tape. Today, they record many types of information, which is stored in solid-state memory very much akin to your Flash Drives… These recorders are made to survive the complete breakup of an aircraft, and also have battery and water powered “pingers” that will emit sonar-like sounds for several days to aid in location.

In addition to the Flight Recorders, most modern aircraft carry a set of satellite data link equipment that is continually reporting position, altitude, airspeed, and many other aircraft operational parameters directly to the airline. You may recall that when the Air France Airbus 330 went down in the south Atlantic, all they had for a long time was the information from this data link. It enabled the investigators to make a pretty good guess as to what happened (pitot tube icing), but it wasn’t until the recovery of the Recorders that the reason why the icing event resulted in loss of the aircraft (pilot error). Maybe if Malaysian Airlines can decode this satellite data, we can find out what happened here too.

• Be Ge says:

Nope, 2002+ flight recorders record a minimum of 88 data channels that they record, and it is typically more. I still see no show-stopper technical problem with installing something like an Iridium OpenPort Aero on every aircraft (a few dozen kilobits per second would probably suffice for all the channels and a voice track if done properly), but
            a) there is going to be a problem with capacity (just take a look at flightradar24 to understand the traffic density in some places) of the satellite links. I mean, it’s got to be L-band, no moving parts kinda thing — which does not leave you all that much of a bandwidth to play with — which you need if you have to have dozens or hundreds of aircraft sending all that data simultaneously — for a complete and very accurate coverage/tracking. Now that they are talking drones in common airspace (and such aircraft, made from real passenger aircraft, are flying, at least, over merry old England) — that may be a distinct possibility, but I fancy they use some sort of link that is primarily ground-based, not satellite (ergo, those systems would not’ve helped MH370).
            b) there is going to be a problem with general, if you will, a conservatism — inside the aerospace industry. Just take a look at the story of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avionics_Full-Duplex_Switched_Ethernet to realize how long it took them to pick up a proven-and-used-everywhere-else a communications standard inside an aircraft — while we are talking about an important external communications link. There are bunches of similar stories — such as the one with ILS — going back all the way to 1929.

That said, large (B747, B767-300/400, B777, B787, A330,A340, forthcoming A350 and the A380) aircraft flying over large pieces of water, Siberian Taiga or other places with less than 1 man per 100 square miles — should probably be required to have satellite-powered tracking as of 2014.

16. ctdar says:

Debris field location is just SE from original point of last contact well below southern point of Vietnam and not west of Thailand.
    China sat on satellite images that were captured Sunday morning?

17. Aslan's Girl says:

At this point, I’m not sure I’d believe them even if I see images of a crash site. There’s been so much incompetence here and the stench of cover-up that I wonder if they’ll manufacture a crash site just to get people off their backs (kind of like our government manufactured Richard Jewell at the ’96 Olympics). Sorry to go all tin-foil hat here, but China & Malaysia are not at the top of my “trust” list.

18. taqiyyologist says:

Why can’t we just ask the NSA?

They’re monitoring all communication of any sort, everywhere on Earth, right?

Oh, you mean they’re just monitoring citizens of the U.S.A.?

Damn.

• taqiyyologist says:

A city-sized communcations-monitoring-and-digesting facility in Utah can’t solve this?

Billions of dollars. GONE.

19. JAS says:

I am willing to bet that the U.S. military/CIA intelligence complex imaged the area early on and has known where the wreck was all along, but would/will not release the information so they wont compromise our secret technologies. It was in their/our best interest to let the Chinese show their hand on this one so we can study their capability.

Look, as an astrophotographer I’ve spent many nights in the dark looking at the sky. One night years ago I watched not a single one, but a tightly clustered V formation of five satellites fly by – I was fascinated. I researched the observation and identified it as a top secret Navy satellite. Now why would the Navy fly a cluster of satellites like that?

Well it turns out that a cluster of satellites like the one I saw could easily be a state of the art phased array radar observation platform. Such a platform could not only see day and night but could do so with incredible resolution, in the centimeters. Lesser systems use a single satellite which uses a virtual synthetic aperture radar by taking say 5 images at different intervals and then combining them. Good, but not as good as an instant image from a phased array.

In short, not only can these systems see at incredible resolutions, they can see underneath the water surface, under sand, etc. if needed (think of ground penetrating radar) – great for locating shallow running submarines.

So, we have probably known where this plane is all along. The Chinese as well probably waited to see if a standard search would fine the airplane, but released the images when the search went south. And I’m sure they doctored the images and it is even possible that these pieces are underwater or at least partially submerged.

If I can say trust me, the intelligence and military technology that we know about is at least 10-years old.

• safvet says:

Satellite imaging capability is limited by many things, e.g. the quality/size of the optics, the atmospheric conditions (haze, clouds, etc.). The currently available commercial satellites are quite good, e.g. Google Maps detail. However, you have to have the satellite in the right place at the right time to image a spot of land. Most imaging satellites are in sun-synchronous orbits, which allow you to revisit the same patch of earth only once a week or longer. Unless you can afford to have many satellites up, your chance of being where and when you want to be to respond to to contingencies is pretty limited. In this case, it was probably just lucky that the Chinese satellite was passing over so soon after the event. Can’t speak for US capabilities, but remember that national-asset reconnaissance satellites are *very* expensive, so we can’t afford to have very many up at one time. Hence, the chance of timely coverage is limited. Real-life isn’t like a Tom Clancy novel…

Synthetic aperture radar can be good, but it can’t penetrate the surface of a conductor, of which sea water is an excellent example.

• JAS says:

Heliosynchronous orbit is beneficial for visible and infrared satellites. It is not necessary for those using SAR or Phase arrays. Those don’t need sunlight to operate because they have their own emitters. Additionally, newer technology UHF SARs can penetrate foliage and shallow water. And those again, are the ones we know about. Technology being used by US intelligence is way beyond what even Clancy can imagine. The recent NSA leaks are ample proof of this.

Depending on who is reporting the news, the Chinese are supposedly using anywhere from 8 to 19 satellites in the search for the aircraft.

• SAFVet says:

Granted about SAR or Phased Array radars not needing the sun – they bring their own along.

L-Band radars have been used for quite a while for foliage penetration (see Shuttle Radar Topography Mission), I suppose UHF would work as well. UHF sounding radars (which are not imagers) can penetrate a reasonable amount of fresh water, but don’t work in salt water – the conductivity is too high and they approximate a metal conductor.

See the following link: http://www.sandia.gov/radar/imageryuhf.html. This radar is a side-scan system that has a resolution of 1-2 meters. It might be useful for detection of a floating object if the sea state wasn’t too high to create a lot of clutter.

20. Abagail says:

I just realized I posted this in the wrong thread earlier. Apparently the area in the Chinese satellite photo is not the plane. The poor families and friends of the passengers must be out of their minds by now.

Abagail on March 13, 2014 at 1:15 am
    Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 ‘crash site found’ by Chinese satellite

“VIETNAMESE search and rescue investigators found no wreckage where Chinese satellite showed possible plane debris, it was reported this afternoon.
    The investigators had already searched the site in the South China Sea where Chinese satellite pictures allegedly showed the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370.”

21. Stormy says:

Hijacked and hidden? US counter-terror officials fear plane could have been captured after debris spotted by Chinese is ruled out and new data reveals it was airborne FOUR hours after vanishing

Four more hours of flight time would allow the plane to fly 2,200 nautical miles. That would put Pakistan and the Arabian Sea within reach.

22. tedandderby says:

There are so many things that could cause this it is unbelieveable. Let me provide an example. I am 67 and disabled. I live on portable oxygen 24/7. The other day I caught my oxgen on fire. The hose ran up my nose so the fire went up my nose and caught my hair and face on fire. My only concern at first was putting out the fire. I was so panicked I tought of nothing else. When I could not get it out I remembered that you could choke it. So I squeezed the hose line, as hard as I could, and eventually killed the flame, and was able to put out the fire. Like me, that plane has an oxygen system, were it to catch fire…….And, whereas, I squeezed the oxygen line, this pilot might have denied oxygen to the fire by climbing the plane into the 45,000 foot range. Anyone can extrapolate the rest of the story and work the facts into this. The point is, the number of possible scenarios other than hijacking and terrorist, is also very large. More than likely, this was a freak accident.