Because he makes gun parts for a living this policy holder received a letter from GEICO cancelling his auto insurance. The letter says his auto insurance is being cancelled because he owns a company that manufactures parts for firearms:

(fyi, to insure the authenticity I have submitted a copy along with a request for verification to GEICO via email – we’ll see their response)

GEICO-768x1024

“The reason for cancellation is your vehicle […] does not meet our underwriting guidelines because it is used in conjunction with a company that deals in the weapons industry

Get that?

OK, well, take a look at this:

Geico Military Alliance

Can you get more affiliated with a company that deals with “the weapons industry” than the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, or Dept of Defense (DoD) ?

Humor in Nature

Then again, this is the ideological GEICO - Meanwhile…. back in Hollywood here is the latest Trailer for their movie “God Bless America“. The movie portrays gun violence as exciting and cool. It even includes, wait for it….. a movie theater spree shooting, which is supposed to be, well, funny.

Hollywood and the media glorify gun violence, so criminals will think it is exciting to use a gun to commit murder. Then when outrage ensues they demand that law abiding citizens be disarmed.

undefined

Go Figure.

About these ads
This entry was posted in 2nd Amendment, A New America, Dem Hypocrisy, media bias, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Potus Gun Ban, Socialist, Statism, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

100 Responses to GEICO Insurance Cultural Marxist Hypocrisy – Gun Manufacturer Auto Policy Cancelled Because He Is In Firearm Business….

1. maryfrommarin says:

This is worse than living in Alice’s Looking Glass Land–it is like living in Fun House Mirror Land, where everything is warped and twisted beyond recognition.

• canadacan says:

Nobody in their right mind would use GEICO insurance anyway. if you are in the military or have been use USAA insurance. Somebody please run their car over that damned gecko.

• akathesob says:

Glad you said this. I have so been waiting for the Twilight Zone theme to start up any second. By chance did I wake from my slumber in Russia or some place even worse?/!

• Josh says:

Got a sinking feeling when I realized Geico was the Government Employees Insurance Company and that they are affiliated with Warren Buffet. (I do not begrudge Mr. Buffet his money, just his politics.) That was over a year ago. Am paying a little more now to be insured with a local agent.

2. akathesob says:

Thank you for sharing this and I will be dropping GEICO after 7 years at the end of the month.

3. ZurichMike says:

I watched the trailer for that movie. Guessing it is to show “bitter clingers” as trigger-happy deranged freaks.

• lovemygirl says:

Yeah, I’m not sure how to use it because those I debate gun rights with would think that was me and my little girl. I do have a part in me that does want to respond to idiots that waw but never would.

• canadacan says:

Oh yes the old isolate and Somebody’s PR expert just made a major mistake demonize. Crap. This is going to. Cost. Geico. Some. Money. How about a class action lawsuit

4. howie says:

How can that create a problem with your driving? There is something very bad going on behind the curtain here.

• Wraith says:

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE FASCISM BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!

C’mon, it’s all just a bunch of right-wing tinfoil hattery. You don’t actually believe in conspiracy theories, do ya…? ;)

5. ytz4mee says:

GEICO is owned by Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway and is headquartered in Chevy Chase, MD.

6. Are you certain this is for real? Somehow, it doesn’t pass my smell test. :evil:
    Granted, sulfur has done a number on my olfactory perception.

7. Sharon says:

Do a search on GEICO cancelling policies of gun mfgs employees…. a pile of stuff comes up. Some of it looks hokey. Lots of different sites. Dunno.

• howie says:

What is the Montana Auto Plant it talks about. Maybe the truck was carrying powder or some thing. Who knows?

• sundance says:

LOL….. :D Howie, click on the picture and it’ll get bigger so you can read it. That’s “Montana Auto Plan”.. not plant.

• howie says:

Whups. Anyway, I think Obama is putting pressure on companies. He has his methods. Was this initiated prior to Sandy Hook, or after? A lot of this was in the can and planned for use with the fast and furious campaign that went south on them I think. After Sandy Hook they just trotted it out. I have always thought that they will go after guns through insurance and liability anyway. If they can force you to buy health insurance they can force you to carry gun insurance.

• You may have a point there, Howie. I went to WalMart in Lewisville, Texas, last week, and just happened to see 5 boxes of Federal 9mm ammo on the shelf, so I bought them all.

As I was leasving the store, the elderly lady/doorperson called to me, and said she needed to see my reciept for the ammo. No problem, I replied. I mentioned to her that I wasn’t real happy about WalMart HQ telling stores NOT to order any .223 or .308 ammo, and she told me “we’re just doing what we’re told to”. I asked who told her/WalMart not to sell ammo, and she replied “well, we do have a president, and he told us not to”.

I promptly informed her that Obama is president, not the King, and he has no legal authority to tell anyone, especially a business, what to do. I also reminded her thet Barry the Terrible works for We, the People.

She apparently took umbrage with my stance, and when into a tirade about how we have to obey the president. I told her that HE has to OBEY the CONSTITUTION, and I did not care to argue with her.

Just a side note: I had heard a few weeks ago that WallyWorld was not going to carry “military” ammo, so I called WalMart HQ (800 WALMART) and asked them abiout the issue. I have still not recieved a response.

This reminds me, as I told them, of the bullshit K-Mart pulled on 9/11, when the locked up all of the guns, ammo, BB guns, BBs, bows, arrows, etc. I was one of the folks that started the boycott which led to K-Mart going bankrupt. Maybe WallyWorld could use a dose of the same medicine.

8. Sharon says:

Here’s something that was on The Blaze last August…in this case a spokesman fired for making statements critical of Teh Blessed Won

9. ReginasZooWorld says:

I’m an insurance agent, I do not represent GEICO, but have written and serviced many other carriers policies. Cancellation for cause (underwriting) is normal practice. However, I do feel like they may have pulled sections of their underwriting guidelines to benefit their personal beliefs. So even though the cancellation for underwriting is fine, the act of discriminating against him for his profession COULD be an issue. I would like to know when he purchased the policy, if his profession was noted on the application and if GEICO renewed coverage prior to this notice being issued…on a side note…wtf GEICO not wanting in bed with firearms…that is just unbelievable that they would bite the hand that feeds them! I recommend all GEICO clients go visit their local insurance agent for replacement coverage ASAP.

• howie says:

I wonder if he was even aware of the policies at GEICO. Do they exclude the defense contractors employee’s? Is the “weapons industry” defined in the policy? A submarine is a weapon. So is a Coast Guard Cutter. What exactly is the weapons industry?

• canadacan says:

You have to apply to find out

• mung says:

I work for a defense contractor and I am a GEICO customer. I guess I will be cancelling my policy. I had already thought about moving. Do you think The General has a problem with firearms?

I do have to clarify though, the programs I work on don’t carry any ordinance at this time. They are all surveillance.

• mcfyre2012 says:

I had GEICO when I was in the USAF. I run my vehicles “til the wheels fall off”…meaning I keep them for years. With no accidents or tickets, and two older vehicles, they raised my rates…so I dropped them and went to USAA. No regrets…and I’m not paying higher premiums to feed the gecko and line advertiser pockets.

10. Patriot Dreamer says:

The smiley face belt buckle on the guy from “God Bless America” – is that a nod to “The Watchmen” (another super violent film)? Look at the character The Comedian:

11. mung says:

Geico policy cancelled and starting with eSurance. It’s going to save me about $300 every 6 months too.

12. Mary says:

You people do notice this says “Commercial Policy” and that the transportation of fire arms, weapons, explosives etc is a high risk and there are lots of insurance companies that won’t cover it…this doesn’t seem unreasonable to me. If it was his personal auto insurance then it might be news. Geez…

• mung says:

If that was the case they should have let him know prior to accepting his money. Also it doesn’t seem like he actually deals with fully operational firearms, just parts.

• Mary says:

I used to work for another insurance company and commercial policies were issued on a 45 day binder until all underwriting questionnaires were answered. This seems to be more of a risk based cancellation and not a 2nd amendment…they cancel personal policies all the time because of the type of car you drive or the area you live in. This isn’t a political statement , it’s called underwriting lol.

• mung says:

Well if nothing else they are losing customers because they are too short sighted to investigate the risk of this person’s business. Plus they keep jacking rates up for no reason.

• AaronW says:

I was “sold” the wrong policy by an Allstate agent – was paying for the incorrect type of insurance for years until another agent saw the mistake and fixed it. They do sometimes set people up with the wrong type of police.

• mung says:

In looking at his site, not only does he not really make gun parts, his entire product line is aluminum tubes that adapt bullets to large sizes to work in different guns. A cleaning lady that uses her car to transport her cleaning chemicals is 1000 times more of a risk than this guy is.

• sundance says:

[your vehicle is used in ] conjunction with a company that deals in the weapons industry….

That is the reason for the cancellation. No need to project reasoning on to the cancellation notice, just read it. If the vehicle is used in conjunction with a company that deals in the weapons industry they will not provide coverage. Yet they advertise for business from people who use their vehicles to work in the Dept. of Defense.

Go figure.

• Rick Cox says:

My brother bought a Harley in Dubi while he was in Iraq he had all his insurance with Gieco. When he came home I went over everything with him, cars, motorcycle, and renters ins. Gieco was higher by almost double than every other company. this was 2006 this was how they were treating our soldigers then a total ripoff. Run over the geco.

• Bpante says:

I have a friend also insured by GEICO who was rearended and her truck totaled. She got screwed so bad by Geico that she eventually had to hire a lawyer.

13. brutalhonesty says:

the nazis are at it again…..funny what dems do yet they say illegals dont have to leave…and cant be caught by any standard of investigation because asking for ID is racist

By Elizabeth Matthews

ST. LOUIS (KSDK) – Ever since the horrific school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, gun control has been a hot topic. Now comes word of a Missouri lawmaker who wants any parent who owns guns to notify their child’s school.

The lawmaker says she hopes the already filed bill will bring awareness to schools and to parents about keeping their guns locked up.

It’s the next idea in a long list of proposed ideas for gun control, making it mandatory for parents to notify their child’s school about their gun supply.

“I am not trying to take away the gun rights of any parents or any other citizens I believe in the second amendment,” says State Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal.

She says she wants the violence in schools to stop and this is just one different idea that no one has brought up.

“It encourages parents to make sure they store their guns safely in their home, it also gives the school districts the opportunity to help encourage gun safety in the community and in the household,” says the Senator.

“I agree with it, we need to know because a lot of parents aren’t governing their homes properly,” says parent Danaelle Stidum.

Some parents say the bill doesn’t focus the attention on the parents that need to be focused on.

“It concerns me a bit because I think the parents that would have no problem registering the guns aren’t the ones you have to worry about, I think it’s the ones who don’t or who are obtained by the students without their parents knowledge that’s the concern,” says parent Bill Koster.

The principal of Brentwood High School says the information may help the police more than the school district and what about blaming a parent for guns in their house they don’t even know about?

“Maybe a student obtaining a weapon without the parent even knowing about it,” says Principal Don Rugraff.

“I understand what they are trying to do, but making us notify them if we have guns is not going to deter the behavior what makes people do what they do with guns,” says parent Kris Mills.

This proposal is one of only a handful in Missouri’s house and senate. NewsChannel 5’s political analyst Dave Robertson told me he’s surprised that there aren’t more bills being proposed about gun control, but the chances of any bills about the issue being passed is slim to none because of the political atmosphere between the lawmakers and the governor.

KSDK

14. joeyp1 says:

Might I suggest Mr. Omara take the fingerprints of “Dee-Dee” at deposition .. ;) Or have her bring a copy from her “home” .
    ————————–
    This was intended for the zimmerman thread? — Admin

15. joeyp1 says:

Trashcan donors harsh reality . ;)

16. Pingback: GEICO Insurance Cancelled Policy Because Member Is In Firearm Business (See Picture of Letter) | New York City Guns

17. Bob says:

I remember when I was still in the Army I had GEICO. I bought a new 1987 Shelby Charger Turbo and they insured it. When I went to Europe with the car I had the GEICO overseas affiliate. When I returned from overseas and tried to insure it again they turned me down because it was turbocharged. I said it was turbocharged before and it was ok then so why not now and they just told me they don’t insure them because its turbocharged. I then asked about an Oldsmobile stationwagen I had and they said it was too old and had too many miles on it so I asked them just what the he** to you insure. Haven’t used them since.

18. irrational behavior says:

Whew! I’m just glad to see we aren’t going to let our lack of details or facts in the case prevent us from making irrational and uninformed decisions. It’s much more fun and makes more sense to jump to conclusions.

19. Chuck says:

I have had GEICO insurance for over 20 years because it was cheaper than USAA. Today I cancel and go back to USAA

20. Pingback: Top Stories for Today January 24, 2013 | The Jackson Press

21. irrational behavior says:

Really? You are that short sighted?

22. Pingback: Bad PR for GEICO and Reed Exhibitions » The Unwanted Blog

23. Pingback: GEICO - Cancels policy because he was in gun manufacturer business

24. RobGA says:

You guys are being manipulated a bit here as he seems to not be telling you the whole truth. GEICO does write commercial insurance, but there are risks that GEICO does not write. For example, they will not insure large chain pizza delivery drivers. Does this make them anti-pizza? No, it doesn’t. I assume you told them you deliver or transport things that they do not insure for, such as hazardous materials, maybe gun powder, etc… It has nothing to do with your false claim of them being anti- gun, it has to do with them not insuring the type of commercial business use on your vehicle. You are manipulating people. If you go to burger king and ask for a big mac, they will say go to mcdonalds. Simply put, find an insurance company that insures the type of business use on your vehicle instead of trying to make it seem like an antigun issue.

• wrongonred says:

Try again…….I know Snopes is two folks on a computer in their home of the liberal persuasion, however, they supposedly have a statement from GEICO on the matter, which certainly confirms the cancellation, and does not link it to any commercial use. Just that apparently, after the letter gained widespread dissemination, that they realized that they erred and perhaps misunderstood how they interpreted the vehicle being used….See: http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/geico.asp Funny, how they realize they “misunderstood” when scores of 2A supporting folks started jumping ship….money talks…Thanks for trying to cover for them though…GEICO is the same firm that supports Red Light Cameras through Buffets 500 million buy of American Traffic Solutions through Goldman Sachs Private Equity. He holds 2 of 7 seats. Follow the money……Why would an insurer have an interest in ensuring an increased number of citations………even if fraudulent and illegal…? Follow the money.

• sundance says:

Well said. This is exactly the case. And you accurately identify the *intent* behind that comment. The progressive tools are dispatched all over the web to try and hide the truth of this issue.

25. Pingback: GEICO Insurance Cultural Marxist Hypocrisy – Gun Manufacturer Auto Policy Cancelled Because He Is In Firearm Business…. | _

26. John john says:

I would not use geeko if they paid me double the premiums for taking their bogus so called insurancce. It is thiking like they do that makes them dumb democrap liberals, Go suck a geeko.
    Besides their insurance is tripple Metropolitan with Charlie Brown.

27. Mojavegreen says:

I just cancelled my Gieco insurance and went to 21centuary.

28. Mr. Right To Carry says:

Gieco can go urinate up a rope! I will NEEEEVER use that Liberal-Commi company!

29. Pingback: Rahm to Gun Manufacturers: Support Gun Restrictions or Never Get a Loan – Update | Independent Sentinel

30. Bpante says:

NRA has an insurance company that gives dicounts to it’s members, so does the American Legion, and VFW. Looks like I will be dropping Geico also

31. Pingback: Gieco in the news...again

32. Stryker says:

Recently a court federal appeals court decision upheld a verdict against a photographer who refused to take wedding pictures at a gay wedding. Seems to me, that sets a precedent and Geico is in a position to be on the wrong side of a large civil suit. I hope this guy has the guts and support to go after Geico.

a few seconds ago

33. Mike says:

the easiest way to hurt them is to cancel your insurance. if they lose a couple of million policy holders they might start trying to kiss your asses to get you back. they will say it was one agents actions and they fired him/her, or they might say they reconsidered their opinion, or they support your rights to own firearms because it is a fundamental right of the american people, whatever, but the greedy bastards will not say screw off we dont want your money.

34. Gecko hunter says:

It is open season on geckos. Looking forward to getting one of them little rodants in my chrosshairs.

35. Pingback: GEICO Insurance Cultural Marxist Hypocrisy – Gun Manufacturer Auto Policy Cancelled Because He Is In Firearm Business…. |

36. Pingback: Anti-gun Geico

37. Pingback: Geico insurance and guns - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

38. Pingback: News, Links, Videos, and Pictures – January 26, 2013 | Brian's Blog

39. Steve Winter says:

I contacted Geico regarding the cancelation of the gun dealers personal auto policy mentioned here. I received the following reply on 1/27/2013 from Geico.

“Thank you for contacting us and we appreciate your concern regarding this matter. There was some misunderstanding on our part in relation to the usage of the vehicle. We have reached out to the policyholder in an effort to clarify usage and continue his policy.”

I plan to renew my Geico policy. I believe this was either a misunderstanding or a situation where Geico has corrected a problem.

Regards,

Bro. Steve Winter (NRA Benefactor member)

• Bpante says:

It is a normal tactic of the Obama regeim to put pressure on corporations that don’t push their agenda’s. They are also pushing banks to not deal with firearms manufacturers.

40. Dougded says:

GEICO says this is not true and are sending policy holders a letter. It is more likely a local underwriters unethical action. Not standing up for GEICO, not at all ! But misleading jump to conclusion journalism isn’t what we gun owners should support. It won’t help our cause….. I am a life NRA member so is my wife and son. This should be completely verified, then if true act accordingly.

41. Steve Winter says:

We should be aware that all insurance companies require commercial use vehicles to carry commercial insurance even if you are delivering flowers.

I believe the issue here NOW is one of gun owning citizens winning gracefully.
    If it was even a fight to begin with, we won.

Regards,

Bro. Steve Winter (NRA Benefactor member)

42. Pingback: Geico Insurance drops gun part manufacturer because of what he manufacturers

43. Awan says:

GEICO is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc., which is Warren Buffett’s company – BIG Obama supporter!!! That is why the guy’s insurance was cancelled!

44. Mitch says:

Call me a pessimist, but I doubt that Geico went back and revisited this decision out of the kindness of their hearts. They did it because they recognised they were going to loose a huge amount of 2A supporters business if they didn’t change their tune really quick’ like. That is because people like you spoke up and started cancelling their policies in protest. I think they learned a valuable lesson here. Let’s hope some others learned it as well. Good job all! Keep up the fine work!

45. alex says:

I was going to cancel my Geico insurance policy anyway because of the Warren Buffet connection. Buffet is a globalist who seeks to destroy the sovereignty of the US. I cancelled mine 10 minutes ago.