Tuesday Open Thread – January 8th

Tomb of the Unknown ChristmasOur Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL.

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

About these ads
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

63 Responses to Tuesday Open Thread – January 8th

1. texan59 says:

For our Florida peeps. An update on orangeman. AKA – Charlie the Tuna. hehe!

2. ctdar says:

Gifford arrival in Newtown was a total political agenda for gun control.
    Message to all other political activists, its not about you! Let the town heal.

3. michellc says:

I don’t do FB but my kids do and the other day my son told me he was banned for 2 days with the explanation that he was overusing. He said he shares pictures all the time and has never been banned, yet the day he was banned he shared 5 pictures, way less than other days, but one of the pictures was a pro-gun picture. It was a picture of a hunting rifle with the caption, Communists always take this first.
    My daughter told me a anti-gun legislation page she’s friends with has been banned for 30 days but I guess they have a backup FB and have shared it with their friends.
    So just a heads up if you share gun pics you might be banned. I guess even pictures of those evil things now are going to kill ya.

4. cajunkelly says:

(chuckle) I’m wondering who was tasked with shoveling out peirs morgan’s tighty whities this morning. I just watched his Alex Jones segment. Dude was so white in the face I thought he was gonna experience a case of vapors.

I don’t think that “debate” went exactly the way he had it scripted.

Disclaimer for all the trackers. Naw, I don’t subscribe to Alex Jones and until I watched that video I couldn’t have told you what he looks like, but I certainly enjoyed him handing it to piers in spades. :)

• cajunkelly says:

I’m shocked, shocked I tell ya, that piers didn’t call Alex an unbelievably stupid man.

I actually would have been tempted to when he started in on the 9/11 conspiracy. Gotta admit, he played Alex well on that one.

5. Josh says:

Posting for no reason other than its beauty and sadness:
    The Band Played Waltzing Matilda – John McDermott

6. mung says:

Holy WOW this story has gone viral in the past 2 hours. http://www.clickorlando.com/news/College-Park-couple-says-front-yard-vegetable-garden-is-under-fire-again/-/1637132/18035884/-/png2kpz/-/index.html
    Basic issue is that these people have a vegatable garden in their front yard and Orlando doesn’t like it. At first Orlando backed down but now they are saying that it has to be removed or they will face $500 a day fines. Good to see that so many people are fired up about this ludicrous mandate. There are of course a few people that think they should have to remove it.

• Josh says:

Well, I would not want to live next to it but if there is no law against it…
      (Why is this garden not in the back yard?)

• stellap says:

It’s impossible to tell for sure from the video, but it looks like they might have big trees in their backyard. I used to plant veggies on the side of my house because the backyard where I was living at the time was so shaded you couldn’t grow mushrooms. Well, that a slight exaggeration, but not much. Grass wouldn’t grow back there.

• texan59 says:

That garden looks like my grandkids planted and maintained it. It would be one thing if the home and surroundings looked a little bit neater. I don’t think the city should come back at them if they ok’d it once, but it does look like a craphole. /js

7. 22tula says:

“The whole gospel of Karl Marx can be summed up in a single sentence: Hate the man who is better off than you are. Never under any circumstances admit that his success may be due to his own efforts, to the productive contribution he has made to the whole community. Always attribute his success to the exploitation, the cheating, the more or less open robbery of others. Never under any circumstances admit that your own failure may be owing to your own weakness, or that the failure of anyone else may be due to his own defects – his laziness, incompetence, improvidence, or stupidity.” – Henry Hazlitt

Karen Lewis

” ‘A’ Is for Agitation: Radical Chicago Teachers on Parade”
    by Michelle Malkin – September 14, 2012

“This heaven I’ve forfeited, I know if full well. My soul, once true to God, is chosen for hell.” – Karl Marx
    Forward!

8. 22tula says:

Talk to Solomon Show – Tuesday – Live

YouTube Channel – Tuesday’s show usually posted on Wednesday

9. Josh says:

It was Port St. Lucie county that effed Allen West, our country and all of us!
    Of course, no one will be held accountable.
    Election report: Palm Beach’s Bucher responded properly to ballot flaws but St. Lucie tally flawed

10. lovemygirl says:

Lack of personal responsibility perhaps?

The University of Texas women’s track coach who resigned under fire after the disclosure of an affair with a female student a decade ago doesn’t understand why she was targeted for punishment and questions whether she’s being treated fairly.
    “Is it because I have a disability? Is it because I’m black? Is it because I’m female? Is it because I’m successful? Is it now because of my sexual preference?”

11. Sharon says:

Gawker posts info on gun owners in NYC.

And his timing is just a bit suspect; the day before meeting with the NRA, Biden will be meeting with gun control organizations and shooting victims. Presumably, his welcome for the NRA will be somewhat less hearty.

The NRA, under heavy public pressure thanks to the White House’s bully tactics after the Sandy Hook massacre, said it would visit the White House to “hear what they have to say.”

This is all a dog and pony show, of course.

• lovemygirl says:

Since Feinstein and crew have already written many laws prior to talking to anyone I’m pretty sure we know what to expect.

12. stellap says:

An excellent essay that just might cheer you a bit. It’s Andrew Klavan over at PJ Media:

13. scubachick75 says:

Has anyone seen the movie “Zero Dark Thirty” yet? If so, what did you think? I watched it online a few days ago. It was interesting. I wonder how accurate it is. I loved that they showed Obama for what he really is…a liar! We couldn’t find Osama because we weren’t looking him.

14. lovemygirl says:

Gov Jim Edgar defends illegal immigrants drivers license program

15. cajunkelly says:

Test;
    are my posts showing up? Something odd is going on for me. I don’t even have the “someone replied to you” icon up top.

Can yaz see me?