In case you were wondering what “quickly means” in the mind of President Obama  allow me to give you a few recent (last 48 hrs) examples, you decide:

victory - obama

#1 )  The Senate was forced to vote on New Years Day, at 2:00am, for the “Fiscal Cliff Bill” exactly THREE, count them, 3 minutes after receiving it.   That means they had exactly 1.16 seconds to read each of the 154 pork-loaded pages, and analyze the “budget score.   (Bill pdf)

#2)  From the Golf Course, by Dictatorial Fiat, President Obama, through the Department of Homeland Security, granted immediate amnesty to current illegal aliens effective March 4th.   [...] illegal immigrants who can demonstrate that time apart from an American spouse, child or parent would create “extreme hardship,” can start the application process for a legal visa without leaving the U.S.  [...] The change is the latest move by the administration to use its executive powers to revise immigration procedures without Congress passing a law. PREVIOUSLY,  In August, the Obama administration launched a program to halt the deportation of young people brought to the U.S. unlawfully as children.

So what exactly do you expect with his recent promise of “fundamental change” for gun ownership against the backdrop of a new promise to “move quickly”?….

Obama meet the pressSomething fundamental in America has to change,” said Obama, who visited on December 16 with families of victims of the Newtown, Connecticut, school shootings.  (link)

The president said Sunday he will put forth a proposal next year to change firearm laws.  [we now know he plans to have it completed by the end of January - his first month]

WASHINGTON DC -  President Barack Obama will go for immigration reform and gun control this month, the White House tells the left-leaning Huffington Post. Obama’s actions will reportedly be done “quickly.”

“An Obama administration official said the president plans to push for immigration reform this January. The official, who spoke about legislative plans only on condition of anonymity, said that coming standoffs over deficit reduction are unlikely to drain momentum from other priorities. The White House plans to push forward quickly, not just on immigration reform but gun control laws as well,” reports the Huffington Post.

“The timeframe is likely to be cheered by Democrats and immigration reform advocates alike, who have privately expressed fears that Obama’s second term will be drowned out in seemingly unending showdowns between parties.”  (continue reading)

dictator-obama

About these ads
This entry was posted in 2nd Amendment, A New America, Communist, Harry Reid, John Boehner, media bias, Obama re-election, Obama Research/Discovery, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Potus Gun Ban, Predictions, Socialist, Tea Party, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized, Union Activity - ALL. Bookmark the permalink.

47 Responses to Giddy Up… Here It Comes: White House Officials Say Obama To Move “Quickly” On Gun Control And Full Immigration Reform… (Strike While The Iron Is Hot)….

1. stellap says:

Excellent first-hand account of the L.A. riots – and his beliefs about gun control. FTA: “It’s the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Needs”

I am republishing my three-part series about the Los Angeles Riots of 1992 in which Karen and I and the children were trapped for several frightening hours. We were unarmed, helpless save for our wits. The police were conspicuously absent and the bad guys, frequently armed with heavy weapons, owned the streets. It was a defining moment in my life.

• ctdar says:

Thanks Stella, Everyone should read this personal story recounting the LA riots. Robert’s first responsibility is his family as he put it so matter of factly:
      “If the Los Angeles riots taught us anything, it’s that you’re a fool if you count on the authorities to protect you in times of civil chaos — in fact, at any time. In the end, only I can protect my family.”

• kinthenorthwest says:

The riots were horrid…I did note that those who lived in the more afluent areas did get protected…as they tried moving into the beach city areas the police really got together and took action
        My ex worked Ham Radio and was helping out at one of the stations..they tried gettting stores on Hawthorne blvd including the Mall..El Segundo, Hawthorne Police, Torrance and Manhathan Beach stopped them 3 xs and kept a barrier between them and the beach cities…

2. mung says:

I am all for gun control. If you don’t know how to control a gun you shouldn’t be allowed to own one. For instance, if you are ever seen holding one sideways you should be banned from owning one for life.

• stellap says:

Do you own one? Most states require basic training as a part of concealed carry licensing.

• mung says:

I do not have my CWP yet, but I do have a shotgun and shoot 5 stand.

• WeeWeed says:

Shotgun’s excellent. Wish I had the bravery to shoot one, but I’m really afraid I’ll break a shoulder, and am not good enough to shoot from “the hip,” yet.

• mung says:

My wife has a 20 gauge and shoots it fine. You just have to keep it tight and in the right spot when you squeeze the trigger.

• stellap says:

20 gauge is about my speed. Won’t tear up your shoulder like a 12 gauge.

• Knuckledraggingwin says:

Keeping a shotgun or big bore rifle held tight against your shoulder is vital. It actually reduces the recoil energy by increasing the effective, recoiling mass of the firearm. Because momentum is conserved, a firearm recoils with a momentum equal to but opposite the momentum of the projectile. However; while recoil momentum is equal to mass of the gun times recoil velocity, recoil energy is equal to 1/2 the mass of the gun times recoil velocity squared. The recoil energy then needs to be absorbed by applying a force over a distance, which is why your body is pushed back a bitbfrom a big gun. Artillery designers understand that increasing the mass of the barrel and/or the recoil stroke length reduces recoil energy as does preloading the recoil buffers. Keeping the gun tucked tight against your shoulder accomplishes the same result. I suspect that Michelle Hart would agree with me on this.

• ottawa925 says:

with a shotgun you don’t have to be a good shot. The sound of one cocking is enough to scare someone off.

• Michelle Hart says:

Get a .410 as a starter… very light recoil, 6 pound weapon, 4 – 6 round magazine, pump action it’s ideal for small game like unruly children… closet monsters, and jars that wont open on command.

• michellc says:

I’ll tell you a brief report of what my class was like, my instructor hates the government, LE and actually provided us lots of information I didn’t know and sort of made me more paranoid than I already was. We shot a paper target and some people honestly scared me, those he told them shot like a cop. We heard several stories with copies of newspaper articles from across the country backing up that they shot like cops. Some people brought those cheap guns that the gangsters like to hold sideways and he wouldn’t allow them to use those guns due to his own liability. He loaned them a gun.
        He gave us a map showing where our permit was good and told us which states were commie states and number one on his list was Illinois because he said they would lock you up even if they thought you considered driving into their state with an unloaded bb gun locked in your trunk. So I don’t know that I would describe it as basic training.
        I can’t say that the child hunting safety course was much better that my son attended. I told him to wipe everything they had just taught him out of his mind.

Government should leave us all alone because their training videos are a joke and so are many of their instructors.

• cajunkelly says:

Here in my state students take the hunter/gun safety course in middle school. They receive their ‘hunter safety card’ upon completion and that card is required when they go to get their hunting license.

(chuckle) My boys aced that class.

Oh, when I say “in middle school” that’s exactly what I mean. It’s a course given by the school during school hours.

I thin it was mandatory back when they took it, but I “think” it may be elective now due to Mommas cryin about their little girls shootin shotguns.

• WeeWeed says:

Good idea! When I’m Speaker I shall put you in charge of arresting anybody that holds a gun sideways. Hint: these guns may be stolen, but you can deal with it anyway you want.

3. stellap says:

Another self-defense resource aimed at the women among us:

4. “Move quickly” is the same as “Full weight behind it”… EXECUTIVE ORDER :evil:

5. brocahontas says:

The right to self defense is as fundamental as the right to eat or the right to breath.

• Sharon says:

So yer saying that the right to eat and the right to breathe are about to be restricted. Great.

• WeeWeed says:

My Grandma always said “they’d” figure out a way to tax the air we breathe and the dirt we’re buried in. Damned if she din’t hit it on the head.

• michellc says:

Michelle Obama already wants to come sit at your table eating junk food while she takes away your meat because you have larger than a one ounce serving. So I’d say yep they’re also into restricting what we eat unless you buy it with and EBT card then you’re safe, can’t upset the voters you know.
        I think your air is safe as long as it doesn’t contain too many dust particles then they don’t want you breathing it. Us country people you know with our dirt roads, livestock and farm machinery are hurting the city folks with our dust.
        SO they really don’t like the country air. lol

6. sundance says:

If you missed the segment on Sean Hannity about the Journal News you just missed an epic TV moment. I’ll look for video. ROFLMAO….. :D :D :D

7. ar10308 says:

Why do I get sick to my stomach with every additional post from this blog?

• WeeWeed says:

Quit reading!! Live longer! :D

• ottawa925 says:

cause it reports and responds to what is going on in the ole USA ?

• cajunkelly says:

LOL! Is it because the females here lay waste to this post from your blog?

With the recent news of Dick’s Sporting Goods removing semi-automatic rifles from their stores, their Facebook page is receiving quite a bit of feedback.
      What is not entirely surprising is that the feedback is split almost exactly by gender. Women are nearly unanimous in support of the move, while men are nearly unanimous in their opposition. Opposition is receiving nearly twice as much feedback as those in support of the move. Some of those posting are noticing and point out this fact.

Which leads to an interesting question:
      Why do women routinely try to disarm the men who mean to protect them? Then after they disarm the men, they shame the men for being unable to protect them. It is truly mind-bottling.

Hang around and I think you’ll see you’re *so* wrong about women in general wanting to “disarm the men”. :wink:

• ar10308 says:

I’m not wrong. 70% of unmarried women voted for Obama.
        If you want to discuss further, come over to my blog. I won’t debate my views on another’s blog.

8. cajunkelly says:

I started to type; I can’t believe Des Moines Register actually published this….

but yeah…I can

“I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control,” he wrote. Is that a threatening James Byrd reference? “And if that didn’t work, I’d adopt radical measures,” he continued.

and that’s just the tip of this filthy prog iceberg :evil:

9. ar10308 says:

Just out of curiousity, what leads you to believe Republicans won’t let this pass in the House? I know they choked on the Fiscal Cliff bill, but they did shut down the Sandy Relief Pork bill.
    And it sounds like Boehner is on his way out, so can we look to see a renewed sense of strength in time for this bill?

10. lovemygirl says:

I just wrote my Representative and was pleased that he still quotes the Bible on his site.

Rep. Peter Roskam
    ‎”Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”

“For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven not built by human hands.”

11. Pingback: The Sands Of America’s Hour Glass – Pt 2 | LadyRaven's Whisky In A Jar – OH!