December Gun Sales Set “All Time” Record….. and They Continue to SOAR…..

Amid actual reports that firearms are scarce to non-existent in many stores, and empty ammo shelves abound both in stores and on-line warehouses, some of the actual statistics begin to surface:

undefined(Reuters) – The number of FBI background checks for U.S. gun purchases set a record in December, as the Connecticut school massacre prompted renewed talk of limits on firearms, according to new FBI data.

The FBI said it recorded 2.8 million background checks during the month, surpassing the record set in November of 2 million checks. The number was up 49 percent over December 2011, when the FBI performed a then-record 1.9 million checks. (article)

About these ads
This entry was posted in 2nd Amendment, A New America, Communist, Potus Gun Ban, Socialist, States, Statism, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to December Gun Sales Set “All Time” Record….. and They Continue to SOAR…..

1. kinthenorthwest says:

Some of you might be happy to know I am going to my Concealed Weapons Class on Friday…
    Then I will think about my purchase if there are any left…I saw one several months ago… I want one that is not too heavy, yet not so light that I dont know I have a gun in my hand….
    But most of all I want to feel secure in having a gun in my home…

• Arkindole says:

Excellent–surprised you could get into a class now. Don’t get swamped with that “stopping power” jargon–you can deal with that later when you’ve put rounds down range. Stick to your ideas, express them, and if possible, fire the weapon. The recoil issue is not discussed that much by your average sales person. For some people their wrists won’t tolerate much more than a .25 ACP or .380 (maybe even a .22lr). Your reaction to the first wrist impact determines your future use of the weapon and your fail to feed rate (on slides). You must be comfortable with all aspects of your carry, including discharge, or you will hesitate. Good luck!

• Coast says:

Actually a 22 Mag (22WMR) has quite the stopping power, but finding a quality semi-auto is difficult. Kel-Tec has one, but I’m sure of the quality. I have a revolver in 22 mag which is my “inside the home” defense weapon. I’m proud to say that I’m part of that December 2.8M statistic. Purchased a Rock River AR15 stripped lower and will have my completed rifle this week.

• howie says:

Try a 12 Ga. Double Barrel Shotgun. It will take care of you. Load er up with some Buckshot and you are good to go. Ya don’t need a permit either.

• michellc says:

I think that is very good advice. Too often gun people don’t stop and think that a novice doesn’t know about recoil. I personally always tell people who come to me for advice to start off with a .22 and work your way up. That’s how I was taught as a child and it’s how I did it with my kids. A gun does you no good if you drop it and yes I have seen that happen even with men who were not expecting it.

• WeeWeed says:

That’s awesome, Kin!

• ftsk420 says:

My wife was just looking at a Springfield XD 357 not to heavy not to light.

• justfactsplz says:

I am going to my Concealed Weapons class on Saturday. I am thinking about a Smith and Wesson air weight 5 shot hammerless +P gun as I have small hands.

• Sharon says:

Seems to me you wouldn’t want to be making these kinds of announcements on a public forum.

2. Don’t forget ammo (and lots of it). ;-)

3. “Even as gun purchases rise, the share of U.S. households with a gun has been falling for decades, from 54 percent in 1977 to 32 percent in 2010, according to the University of Chicago’s General Social Survey.”

Maybe in Chicago, but someone’s dreaming if they think that stat is valid all across America. :roll:

4. Smilies ;-) :roll: ???
    I’m losing my touch :evil:

5. ftsk420 says:

I was cleaning my room last night and came across about 2000 rounds of ammo.

6. brutalhonesty says:

the one industry obama policies have improved.

7. mung says:

So what is a reliable cheap rifle? I don’t care if it is an “ugly” weapon or not, just want something cheap and reliable.

8. brutalhonesty says:

wow liberalism Belleville police have less than a sunny-side-up view of a local Denny’s.

The police chief there banned his officers from the eatery while on duty after several detectives were told they couldn’t carry their guns in the restaurant, but Denny’s says the incident stemmed from a misunderstanding.

The scramble of events began about 10 a.m. Tuesday when five Belleville detectives went into the Denny’s at 1130 South Illinois Street, ordered food and began to eat. The detectives had badges on their belts or on chains around their necks, but weren’t in uniform.

Belleville Capt. Donald Sax said restaurant manager David Rice then approached and told one of the detectives that a diner had complained about seeing one of the detectives carrying a gun.

Even though the detective told Rice all at the table were police officers, Rice insisted the detectives take their guns back out to their cars, Sax said.

According to Sax, Rice then told the officers that it is company policy to allow only uniformed officers to carry their guns into a restaurant and that a sign on the door stated that policy.

The officers all got up to leave, refusing to pay for their meal. As they were leaving, Sax said a Denny’s general manager, Michael Van, approached the group to hash out the problem. He told them Rice was wrong and it was fine for them to stay and to keep their guns.

The detectives, whom Sax described as “embarrassed” by the incident, decided to leave anyway. Sax said the detectives made it a point to check the door on their way out.

“There was no sign on the door (regarding firearms),” Sax said. “They all looked for it.”

Belleville Police Chief William Clay delivered the next course and issued an order to his troops, banning them from eating at that Denny’s when they are on duty or when they’re off duty and still in uniform. Off-duty and out of uniform, officers can eat where they want.

Belleville police also issued a press release, naming the managers and pinning the incident on “political stupidness.”

“This was an insult, a slap in the face to those detectives and to all of the men and women who proudly wear the uniform or badge and serve in law enforcement,” Clay said in the press release.

Of course, officers will still show up if Denny’s calls for some kind of emergency, police said.

The Denny’s managers, Rice and Van, were not available for comment. Corporate spokesperson Liz DiTrapano called the situation “a misunderstanding” and said there is no ban on armed officers.

“Obviously, all law-enforcement officers are permitted to carry their firearms in our restaurants,” she said.

Belleville police said they would be following up with Denny’s management about the restaurant’s policies.

• michellc says:

I have a policy, if I see a sign that says Gun Free Zone or Concealed Carry and/or Open Carry prohibited, I don’t do business with them. When I get home, I find out who the owner is or if it’s a corp., I call the headquarters and inform them of my experience and why I won’t be doing business with them and inform them I might be one of the few who takes the time to call, but I’m one of many who will take my business elsewhere.
      More often than not, they’re apologetic and often they remove the sign, so I guess I’m wrong about how many call them. Then I live in a state where people like their guns and they can’t keep up with all the permit requests.

• howie says:

When I was a kid you could open carry. No permit needed. When did all this permitting start? Of course back then you did not need to lock your car or house either. I don’t think there were as many bad guy’s.

9. jordan2222 says:

I am beginning to think it might not be a good idea to mention that you own firearms in any public forum. In a sense, isn’t that a lot like registering them? Any thoughts?

10. howie says:

Once the communists take down the 2nd the rest will fall like dominoes.