Looks like there is enough votes to pass the bill. Another defeat for fiscal conservatives and our great-great-great grandchildren.

updateMeeting Adjourned -  House Republican leaders will assess support within their conference for two options on the Senate’s “fiscal cliff” compromise before deciding whether to try to amend the legislation and send it back to the upper chamber, lawmakers and aides said.

The two choices: amend the bill with spending cuts — likely killing it for the 112th Congress — or vote to adopt the Senate measure and send it to President Obama for his signature.

GOP leaders plan to reconvene the rank-and-file around 5 p.m. TODAY !!

4:15 pm According to sources in the room, Cantor said that he did not “support” the Senate-backed bill but stopped short of saying he would vote against it if the House took it up on the floor.

Boehner told his conference that he was “shocked” that so many Senate Republicans voted for the bill, but he would not indicate how he felt personally about the direction the House should move in.  (link)

Make Your Voice Heard

Light UP THESE “Leaders” -  WE HAVE A SPENDING ISSUE

Boehner - Cantor- McCarthy - House-GOP-leaders-

U.S. House of Representatives
Washington, DC 20515
(202) 224-3121
TTY: (202)-225-1904

Find Your Personal House Rep contact information – CLICK HERE

Leadership:

John BoehnerWebsite HERE E-Mail HERE - Twitter HERE FaceBook HERE

Eric CantorWebsite Here -   E-Mail Cantor HERE  - Twitter HERE - FaceBook HERE

Kevin McCarthy - Website Here -    Twitter McCarthy HERE Facebook HERE –

No excuses not to have your voice heard.   You don’t have to agree with my personal view;  heck, I really don’t care.    If you want them to vote yes, then call and tell them.  BUT if you want them to be fiscally responsible – call and tell them that urgently.

All the tools are right here at your fingertip and mouse clicks – USE THEM !!

About these ads
This entry was posted in A New America, Decepticons, Dem Hypocrisy, Harry Reid, John Boehner, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

100 Responses to Update Fiscal Cliff – House Vote Soon : Word is Out The CBO Cost of Senate Bill is $4 Trillion: House Switchboard (202-224-2131)

1. WeeWeed says:

Excellent idea – work teh twittah!!!

2. kinthenorthwest says:

Damn I thought we might be getting screwed but I did not think it would be by this much…
    Hang on guys…Hang on Tight…

3. sundance says:

Switchboard BUSY ! Personal Rep mailbox full in DC, also full in Local Office with no-one working !!! arrrrrrgh !!!

Sending Faxes and E-Mails and will Try the Facebook.

• czarowniczy says:

Makes me wonder if some of the Reps have turned off their email inboxes. With a feedbag this large waving in the wind I’m betting that many a Senator has his finger in the fiscal pie, in something this large it would be about as easy to find out where the money’s going as it would be in the first huge stimulus-theft Obama threw on their desks on the night before everyone was supposed to vote on it. One of my favorite observations: “Nobody leaves the House or Senate with less money than they went in with.”

I emailed my rep but if he’s as prompt in answering on this as he has ben with past emails the deed will be done and the money will be long gone.

4. SR says:

E mails sent!

5. jordan2222 says:

They are shutting us out.

• sundance says:

They are indeed trying like hell. It’s like they are intentionally staying silent trying to wait us out… But DON’T GIVE UP. Use a Fax if you can, or use a free on line fax service. Just keep trying….. Now is not the time to complain. Stay positive and find ways around their roadblocks. You are smarter than the dunderheads.

THEY WORK FOR YOU.

6. allhail2 says:

Done!
    Hello cash business.

7. Pingback: Time Is Of The Essence Folks! | Grumpy Opinions

8. sundance says:
    • howie says:

Ya can fool all the people sometimes………….

• stellap says:

Cantor openly opposing, to propose amendments.

• howie says:

This bill is suicide. All they have to do is let the cliff happen. They get a real spending cut. They can then pass a real tax cut bill and send it to the Senate. The Crats are already committed for at least the 450k level. To pass this scam is Obamacide. The Libs are salivating for it. Shut em down.

• waltherppk says:

Deny a Debt ceiling increase to turn their lights out, refuse to appropriate any continuing resolution without budget reconciliation process and tell the Nazicrats to stuff it …..spell DEFAULT so it can be understood and see how long the people yelling “pay me” take being given a deaf ear by those turkeys who think no budget is needed. Shut them down. Shut down Washington for a month and see if they want to talk sense in February.

9. howie says:

The Crats and RINOS are trying to cram it down while everyone is recovering from the Holidays.

10. howie says:

This is funny. The Leftist Skunks on CNN are all worried for the Republicans getting blamed. What a Frickin Joke. The Left is terrified of the “Cliff”….Us ….not so much. It is a 10% real immediate spending cut. We need it. Couple tax points are no biggies if ya know how to work your return.

11. LadyRavenSDC says:

Folks, if you are having problems getting thru it is not that they are shutting you out – it is because people are burning up the lines! One more good avenue – tweets – they DO pay attention to tweets I promise you!

First list here is EASY to use – write your tweet then copy/paste 3/4/5 reps addys in at a time. I will apologize now but the NEWBIES are not on the list – I’m still working on it.
    And this list is Republicans ONLY.

This second list has the Democrats phone #’s individually but no twitter.
    The Republicans on this list have both.

Great thing about using twitter is they do NOT know what area of the country you are from so you can tweet at every damn one of them!

12. LadyRavenSDC says:

Boehner – “but he would not indicate how he felt personally about the direction the House should move in.”
    Does anyone wonder why we are working so hard to remove this mole as Speaker!

13. kathyca says:

I just called and had a relatively long conversation with my rep., personally. He said he was about to go into a meeting on amendments and that they were “shocked” by the pork, etc. in the Senate proposal. He seemed sincere in that sentiment — which blows my mind. He also mentioned the CBO numbers and used the term Bolshevik regime . . . So I think my rep. is good, but we shall see.

14. LadyRavenSDC says:

I tried to put this in a few minutes ago – possibly it being a link stopped it. It is a full list of House Republican’s TWITTER accounts though it does not have the new reps inserted. Still, obviously, it covers the majority. Just create tweet and add 3/4/5 reps at a time. Emails and calls can be ignored if you are not calling your own rep. With tweets they do NOT know who you are therefore you can tweet every one of them. And they DO pay attention to tweets!
    http:// ladyravensaspirincabinet.wordpress.com/house-twitter-copypaste/

15. Ugh says:

Omg that Debbie Whats here name Shultz is on next at CNN.

• Sharon says:

Why on earth do you have CNN on? It’s been proven that it’s an active threat to viewers’ mental health and has only occasional and accidental connection with truth.

16. recoverydotgod says:

My fax to Rep. Boehner, Cantor and McMorris-Rodgers:
    [Whip McCarthy doesn't do faxes it appears]

President Obama knows very well, as do you, there is no such thing as a “balanced approach” that will work to address our deficit and spending problems. There are not enough rich, nor enough job creators. President Obama wants enough revenue to pay for his crony spending [and yours if you vote for this]. President Obama wants us to go over the fiscal cliff, because it is the only way he will get enough revenue to cover all his spending [and yours if you vote for this]. Going over the cliff and raising everyone’s taxes then also raising debt ceiling is President Obama’s solution [and yours if you vote for this]. Raising the debt ceiling keeps us indebted to President Obama’s cronies [and yours if you vote for this]. It is obvious why President Obama, Democratic leadership and Republican leadership unbundled the debt ceiling and taxes. Don’t vote for cronyism. Vote against the crony Senate bill and the crony debt ceiling increase. By the way…MyMoney.gov “Your trusted source for financial information” on the back of my tax refund check envelope is insulting. A government and it’s agencies who won’t balance their own checkbook handing out advice on financial literacy is hypocrisy.

You are U.S. Representatives. The term is 2 years. That is so you can do the right thing by the people and the Republic and go home and carry on the pursuit of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

17. g8rmom7 says:

I just tweeted the following to all three…

Whatever you decide MAKE SURE the DEMS and OBAMA OWN this crap sandwich! DO NOT LET GOP take the BLAME for it’s failure!

• howie says:

Why, it is the fault of the GOP? Nobody is forcing them to vote for it. They were elected to be against it. The GOP owns it and all other spending. They run the House. They control the money.

• g8rmom7 says:

I really meant Conservatives rather than GOP. My point is just this…right after the election, Sundance posted that we should just let the Dems have everything they want (within reason). It’s a bitter pill and none of us are going to enjoy it, but it’s a like your kids…you need for them to fail to learn and it is apparent to me that people need to see that this stroll down the Communist road will not end well for us. It’s like ripping off a bandaid though and I just would rather them learn this now rather than learn it so far down the road that there will be no going back. The DEMS need to own it. But I know this won’t happen and the stupid GOP will fall right into the trap and when it all goes down and is a complete failure as we all know it will be, the DEMS will say “it only failed because the GOP wouldn’t let us have all we wanted.”

18. kinthenorthwest says:

Called my Rep…Who I campaigned for…H3LL he is the only Republican Rep in my state…
    I dont know how to tweet though…

19. tnwahm says:

Here’s the link to phone and faxes for some of the top Republicans to contact. http://www.grassfire.com/2322/targets.htm
    I faxed to the Senate Republicans last night. I am faxing to the Reps now.

Here’s my fax:

NO DEAL on Higher Taxes! Just say NO!

Dear Representative;

I am tired of spending my holidays keeping an eye on you and your shenanigans.

Do you believe in the Constitution or not? Do you believe in Capitalism or not? I’m beginning to believe the horrible theory that you do not. You say you do, but your actions say otherwise.

Do you really believe that our fiscal problem is the fault of too high of taxes? Are you really that mathematically challenged? When has increasing taxes on anyone ever resulted in more “revenue” to the treasury? When are you politicians in D.C. going to quit your crack addicted spending habits that are being funded by taxpayers’ children and grandchildren? We can’t afford you anymore.

I am tired of your excuses. The American people elected Republicans ~and gave them the majority in the House~ because we expected them to STOP the reckless, out of control spending of the Democrats and reign in the rapid expansion of government. You aren’t reigning anything in. You are enabling the President and the Democrats. It is for this reason that I no longer think that you believe in the Constitution and a limited federal government. Why can’t you defend it?

You are participating in the further loss of Liberty by going along with the confiscation of MY private property ~my income~ by your agreement to higher taxes. You are conceding to the Democrats belief that tax cuts don’t work and participating in the class warfare that the Democrats have poisoned the takers in this country with.

Where is your backbone? Where are your principles? You don’t see Obama backing down from his ideology. You don’t see Harry Reid or Pelosi or any of the other Democrats backing down on their ideology no matter how many times they get beat. Where is the budget from Harry Reid? He doesn’t care that he’s violating the Constitution. Apparently you don’t either.

The reason I am a Republican is because it means something. It means Constitutional, limited government. It means defending Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. By your actions, you are making that null and void.

Our Founding Fathers risked everything to birth this great nation; what are you willing to risk to secure it for our kids and grandkids?

My children and grandchildren’s lives and Liberty are at stake. Make Obama and the Democrats own higher taxes like they own Obamacare. Don’t vote for any “deal” that includes tax hikes on anyone. Just go home.

We the People are watching!

• Sharon says:

They are not abandoning their principles. We’re finding out what their principles are.

• ctdar says:

Doesn’t seem like they have any principals

• howie says:

The principle was to pretend to be conservative as long as possible.

• Sharon says:

Oh, of course they do. Even Satan has principles (….to kill and steal and destroy…)

Here are some of the results of their principles:

1. Say whatever is necessary to acquire the votes necessary to get elected.
          2. When in office, continue to say those things publicly while developing the skills to survive behind closed doors where the deals are made.
          3. When my constituency calls me out, I will use evasive action for as long as possible such as claiming I was misunderstood or that I was lied to; when necessary I will cry in public or act angry in public to prevent my constituents from turning on me completely.
          4. When I actually/accidentally achieve a political victory in congress, I will not gloat or claim victory, but will (behind closed doors) trade away my winnings to the opposition.
          5. When I routinely achieve public defeat, being bested all sides by my opponents, I will whine about wanting credit for any kind of deal at all, and will blame my base for not being flexible enough.

So the two principles are:

1. Truth is a matter of opinion: so hold truth loosely and adjust it as necessary (both publicly and privately).

2. Taking sides is wrong: so vote with the liars when when they disagree with me.

There are only two principles. And there they are.

• tnwahm says:

Once again you have nailed it.

• ThatOldGuy says:

I always thought Satan’s primary principle was to “tempt.”

• Sharon says:

you may have a point–with re to “sequence of events”…with the goals being kill, steal….

• ThatOldGuy says:

Actually, I was thinking about the story of Job where Satan (first?) appears and says to God, “Hey, do you think Job will still be loyal to you if we test him (by slaughtering his family and his livestock)?”

Also, IIRC, one of the roots on which “Satan” is based is Hebrew for “The Tempter,” but I forget what it is.

• Sharon says:

the Hebrew #7854 in Vines reduces it to “adversary” and the Greek #4567 , derived from the Aramaic, goes to “adversary” also. There may be other detail behind all of that, but if we want to get more involved, this would one of those ideal conversations to take to the Chapel (click on the picture in the right margin)….my original thought was simply that we keep in mind that those who are doing stupid, erroneous, destructive do have principles in a negative sense.

A principle is defined as “a comprehensive and fundamental law, doctrine, or assumption; a rule or code of conduct; an underlying faculty (Merriam-Websters actually gives human greed as an example of such an underlying faculty)

My reason for wanting to make the point is that we ought not to underestimate the broad foundation upon which deliberately, habitually deceptive people operate. It’s deep. It’s intentional. It’s practiced. It’s focused. It is NOT because of the pressure of the moment. There is something driving it.

• ctdar says:

^^meant in regard to moral principles

• Sharon says:

….but don’t you see that these ARE their “moral principles….”??? Unless you thinking of “moral principles” as always good….didn’t mean to pick at you! ;) Their political principles and their public, political morals are on brilliant display today for all to see.

• ctdar says:

No worries; I’ve always equivocated morals and principles as one in the same so to me one either has principles or they don’t.

• Sharon says:

Well, ctdar, the detail I’m trying to get at is that “principles” are not inherently good: Adolph Hitler had principles. Moamar Qhaddafi had principles.

Principles can be good or bad. Morals can be good or bad. They are not inherently good.

The freeloaders that form obama’s base have principles–one of their primary ones being that the boundaries regulating personal property and ownership rights (to money or stuff) do not apply to them. That’s a “working principle” that drives much of their way of living and certainly fuels their demands.

• howie says:

You got it. They are not what they pretend to be are they?

20. howie says:

I just saw they are going to either add a few cuts and send it back or join the socialists and pass it.

21. Auntie Lib says:

I just tweeted a bunch of Republicans – “If you can’t vote NO – vote PRESENT. Make them own it. NO GOP support.”

22. LadyRavenSDC says:

I just finished tweeting (“Per CBO cost of Senate Bill $4 Trillion SAY NO!”) to EVERY House Republican. If you were to go to my @ you could just hit RT and get the message to every one of them in about 5-7 minutes. Doing RT’s is FAST! @ladyravensdc

23. howie says:

To GOP: Don’t do it! Don’t jump. It is not as bad as it seems. Now come back in the window. Ignore that screaming crowd of Democrats in the street.

24. sundance says:
  25. LadyRavenSDC says:

A tweet by @jamiedupree 32 minutes ago – @jamiedupree – “GOP lawmakers were tight lipped as they left their meeting, but it looks like we are headed for votes tonight.” Right now they are doing other business.
    You can follow live ->>> http://www. house.gov/content/features/story2/

26. sundance says:
    • LadyRavenSDC says:

Can it get any more clear who’s side of the isle Boehner is on?

• howie says:

Since I am no longer a Republican I have no faith in them. They will prolly go right along to get rid of the 2nd amendment too. They betrayed all who backed them. This is the birth of the neo-whigs. They will begone in 14 as the socialists consolidate. Boner has a late date with Pelosi no doubt. I just wish the T-Party Reps. would bail and form up an new party. I hope those who thought that it was a good idea to try and reform the GOP from within are getting a 3am wake up call. Including Rush. It is one of his 1% mistakes.

• jordan2222 says:

Howie, Did you really join the Constitution Party?

• howie says:

Sure did got my card.

• jordan2222 says:

Until the American people can affect an arrest of members of Congress who violate the oath of office, nothing will EVER change. Since they are all liars and crooks, there is no way to impeach any of these dirty rotten scoundrels. In spite of what they say, NONE of them abide by the oath of office.

We truly have no way of enforcing our Constitution any longer. The vote means NOTHING.

• howie says:

And there you have it. The last stand is Criminal Law. But as it looks in Zimmerman they are trying to change that too.

• jordan2222 says:

I think I can say with reasonable certainty that the Founders NEVER considered that a time would come when every single Congressman and Senator would violate the oath of office.

Not only does it seem improbable that could occur, it actually defies logic that one hundred percent of them would do that. What are the odds that would ever happen?

The huge issue is that there is NOTHING in current law that allows us to do anything about it. The vote was so important that they never considered that it could become null and void in preserving the Republic.

So, realistically, what can we do that does not require a revolution on some level? IDK, Howie. This is a mighty grim picture we’re looking at.

• jordan2222 says:

I forgot to ask if you can change parties online. I do not want to ever be contacted by the Republican Party again for anything whatsoever.

• howie says:

No worries. Miss Lindesy Graham is going to fight hard on the debt ceiling….:) a good joke to cheer you up. Gallows humor.

27. sundance says:
  28. howie says:

Well this was all a big waste of energy. Boner wins out he is joining the socialists. Now we know what the Republicans are. They are Democrats.

29. LadyRavenSDC says:

Jamie Dupree has updates – including pic of pizza for dinner. They are expecting it to be after midnight before vote.
    Yeah howie – Boehner turned a long time ago.
    https://twitter.com/jamiedupree (whether you are on twitter or not you can still read tweets)

• Sharon says:

Oh–thank you for the twitter feed link— :) ADD: oh, I’m bummed. That’s all of Jamie Dupree’s tweets, I see. I thought it was a feed of twitters being sent to the House (My ignorance is howing…no worry!) …..thanks for your contributions to the thread.

30. sundance says:
  31. BigMamaTEA says:

C-span online reporting vote approx 11:30 p.m. EST.

32. Ugh says:

Looks like the boy kings dreams will come true, he was right to be an arrogant pric@?

33. LadyRavenSDC says:

Lights out.

34. justfactsplz says:

Well they have done their dirty deed. Weaklings they are, with no backbone.

35. griz1234 says:

Funny, I’ve not crossed a border, yet the country I’m living in now isn’t the one I was born in.

I’m old enough now that I don’t worry for myself…. But I pity the young, and those with children.

The future isn’t what it used to be.

• howie says:

I know. I am trying to adjust. I am amazed at the changes since I was a kid. They are gonna be cyberkids. They all walk around following their cellphone. Never looking up. Maybe they will all have implants in the future. I can see it coming. Just like the Borg.

• jordan2222 says:

You nailed it. I am 66 and, in a sense, have no skin in the game. None of this affects me adversely to any great degree but I have 2 daughters and 2 grandchildren. The best I can do is educate them about what to do when the end gets near.

• kinthenorthwest says:

Hang on to your faith and keep it burning within your heart, and as Sundance told me once surround yourself with good friends….
      I think that those of us who keep the faith and have good friends will survive no matter what…

But like you I do fear for the generations following us…Hopefully our kids are old enough to remember the true America schools and we taught them about and will keep the true history in their hearts and minds. For it will be up to them to keep this alive in our grandkids and great grand kids and generations down the line to fight the fight that seems to lay ahead..

36. Pingback: Washington DC … District Of Cronies « YouViewed/Editorial