Report: 4 Out Of 5 Black Women Obese…

Scientific STUDY -  80% Black Females “overweight or obese” (4/5)

Michelle Obama and Sybrina Fulton

This statistic, from a BU Today report on fighting obesity, is enough to ruin your morning: “No population in the United States has a higher obesity rate than African American women, four out of five of whom are overweight or obese, according to a 2012 study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.”

The causes of this alarming obesity rate are various and complex and range from genes and diet to socioeconomic status and the environment, according to Julie Palmer, a senior epidemiologist at Boston University’s Slone Epidemiology Center who has coordinated the Black Women’s Health Study since 1995. In the BU piece, Palmer details some of these causes and potential fixes…  (more)

FoodStamps Friday - Alabama

About these ads
This entry was posted in A New America, Bailouts, Dem Hypocrisy, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

45 Responses to Report: 4 Out Of 5 Black Women Obese…

1. myopiafree says:

Sad – but true.

• Liberals USED to be the optimistic ones says:

Hey Myopia (hope all is well),
      “The causes of this alarming obesity rate are various and complex and range from genes and diet to socioeconomic status and the environment”.
      I find the above quoted statement to be nonsense since we all know anything bad that befalls the black community is so obviously the fault of whitey (and crackas in general)

2. Sharon says:

Does that make them special? Generally when I see really fat people spilling out of their clothing, I never think of the color of their skin having anything to do with it. I always think, silly me, that if they ate less and moved more they wouldn’t be so fat. But what do I know.

Now if blacks as a group have a habit of eating too much and moving too little, ‘scuse me–I don’t consider that a public health problem. Oh–wait a minute–maybe it is–since now everybody else is supposed to pay for the medical care for people who eat too much and move too little.

Ah, government control, coming down the pike faster and faster and faster.

• WeeWeed says:

Thass raaaaaaaacciiiiiissssss.

• michellc says:

What makes women think it’s attractive to wear revealing clothes with rolls and bulges hanging out everywhere?

But what gets me the most is seeing obese people with a handicap sticker, using either their own personal motorized chair/cart or the store’s. I always think if you parked at the back of the parking lot and walked into the store and walked around the store, you might lose a couple of pounds.

• Sharon says:

I don’t think those who are that heavy who dress that way usually do it because they think it’s attractive. I think they do it because they’ve given up.

When life is lived from a perspective that “I am not responsible for anything” or “it’s all someone else’s fault” it’s almost impossible for an individual to see how they could cause effective personal change going forward.

Such is the self-reproducing destruction built into the welfare-dependent and indifferently-lazy who are dragging our nation down the leftist stream into a giant sinkhole and little Timmy Geithner is standing near the lip of the sinkhole, smiling nervously, as he explains that it’s actually going to get better just because he’s standing there. Smiling nervously.

3. ctdar says:

sloth & gluttony

4. ctdar says:

How many varieties of pies did Mooch serve at Thanksgiving in the peoples House?

5. LoudaJew says:

why u gotta put Sybrina out there like dat? LOL

6. LoudaJew says:

Personally, I’d like to know how many African Americans have chips on their shoulders.
    I’d also like to know what the percentages of African Americans defend Trayvon just because of his color. When the OJ trial was going on, most of my African Americans colleagues were huddled around the TV, while I WAS WORKING. when the verdict was given, they all chanted “Let My People Go!”. I’ll never forget that.

• Liberals USED to be the optimistic ones says:

Why cant we just admit there are full blown racist blacks, just as hateful as any white racist, if not more so? Oh yeah, the media and the university elites want you to think black racism is the GOOD KIND OF HATE

7. Sharon says:

It occurs to me that perhaps they need diet suggestions. Here are some thoughts for starters….

IDEA: Do not use cool whip in lieu of milk on yer dry cereal in the morning.

IDEA: Do not eat butter directly out of the container in lieu of dry cereal with milk.

IDEA: Do not accept the notion that 3 Snickers bars constitute a nutritional trade for a banana or an orange.

Just a thought. I don’t know. Of course, if they are fat only because they are black, then I guess there’s nothing to be done about it. That’s so sad.

I’m only half satirical and mouthy about this. The other half is partly white-hot angry, both at the liars who push this kind of garbage and at the ignorant individuals who lap it up, no matter what color they are.

• Liberals USED to be the optimistic ones says:

Dont leave your kids alone all weekend without food or drink and expect candy will be a viable substitute (like skittles-no it aint wholesome, it eats holes in your teeth and causes diabetes if you eat too much of it and dont excercise)

8. cajunkelly says:

I can’t believe you all got it wrong.

It’s a CULTURAL THANG! Yanno, like “large families are a cultural thang” with them too, just sans the father.

Seriously though, they all have a goal of having that huge ghetto booty.
    Remember the disaster with the transexual in FL who was charging (mostly) blacks for butt injections? Turns out she was using super glue and fix-a-flat. These women will pay big bucks and take insane risks.

Which race coined the phrase; more cushion for the pushin’?

And,
    Baby got back?

• TandCrumpettes says:

Exactly! I was going to write the same thing, but you beat me to it.

I have never…EVER…met a black lady with a poor body image. That’s the kind of stuff we chicks talk about when we’re alone – “Oh, girl, I wish I had your thighs…” “Who are you kidding? My thighs? If you saw how curdled they were, you wouldn’t want ‘em anymore!” “What do you eat? I need to lose 10 pounds…”

I have never had a conversation like this with a black woman. If any of them actually did have a poor body image, they never discussed it with me and they certainly never showed it. My roommate in college was black, and I had gained the “freshman fifteen.” I gave her all of my “revealing” clothes (which weren’t terribly revealing, but I wasn’t going to show shoulders anymore). She wore that stuff with pride. She only looked in the mirror to make sure everything was in place – I never once saw her checking out arm-jiggle, belly bloat, sucking in or anything. Sheesh, I would wear turtlenecks and still feel the urge to see what was jiggling before I left the dorm.

She was always going clubbing and there was a group of about 5-10 other black girls that would show up at our room to pick my roommate up. All of them…regardless of size…wore the typical “club outfit” with pride. I never understood why there wasn’t any sort of…err…”shame” in the bigger girls (my roommate had a great body – some of her friends, not so much). But I did kind of admire that quality. Must feel good to leave the house half-naked and feel 100% confident about it.

But now its become such a bigger issue, pardon the pun. Confidence is one thing, definitely needed in our culture, but to be so confident you no longer care…to gain 20, 30, 40 pounds without a second thought. To be 500 pounds, on dialysis, and STILL “knowing” there’s “nothing wrong with it” and you “look good.” Scary that some put vanity over health.

I think white women are slowly picking up on this. I don’t believe we’ve yet gotten to the point where we’re genuinely confident in our bodies, but we try to make “society” change its mind about what’s beautiful. I swear, if I hear another obese woman yelp, “Marilyn Monroe was a size 14!” one more time to justify her own being a size 20, I will scream!

• ZurichMike says:

Women will never truly feel beautiful until they think like a man, who can have a gut, be bald, and still they he is Adonis. LOL!

9. cajunkelly says:

Oh, and speaking of it being “cultural”, there is a segment of AAs who will tell you their obesity is due to their slave heritage.
    There used to be an AA with a talk show (he was out of Dallas or Houston) and was *the* nost hate filled racist I have ever encountered.
    He used to be mega-obese, and lost a lot of weight. In discussing his obesity he claimed it was due to slave heritage, in that slaves were only allowed what the Master didn’t want to eat, such as pig feet, chitlins, fat trimmed from meat served at the Master’s table. They *were* allowed small gardens to grow veggies, and flavored those veggies with heavy doses of fat. That was his story.

If you Google, you will also find those who claim AA obesity is due to poverty. :roll:

I call Bull Butter on both.

• Liberals USED to be the optimistic ones says:

Yup, the richest Africans on the planet have the richest complaints of all

• TandCrumpettes says:

Well, you know that’s all well and good. I’m sure that was true for the 1860s.

But this 2012 chick right here eats her veg flavored with nothing. Just steamed. Maybe a little fat-free ranch dressing with the raw stuff. Sometimes I add a couple of ounces of fat-free cream cheese to frozen spinach.

Now, my heritage includes a fellow who dined on bubble and squeak, shepherd’s pie, fish and chips, bangers and mash….he stowed away on a boat one day and came to America with nothing. Down the line, he made me, and I don’t eat that stuff.

So how’s that poor British dude having anything to do with my desire to eat my veg with as few calories added as possible? How is it possible that willpower alone broke the “chain?”

Heh! As for poverty…a bag of apples costs the same as a bag of chips.

10. Recently I was behind a woman in a Central FL CVS- she was very overweight and tightly packed in a mini-dress. I thought she was covered in lint piles until I got close and realized that the spots were actually holes in her dress. Being overweight is never funny. Taking a minute to check the azz you’re flashing can be priceless. There’s an image I can’t erase…

11. ottawa925 says:

You know I just want to say that I think I am going to boycott all these stars that kiss up to the Obamas. You probably already know that they held the special honors at Kennedy Center. Here’s a link … read up:

That picture of Meryl Streep and Hillary makes me wanna puke. Meryl Streep needs to get over herself already. She has convinced herself that she’s the best actress of all time. David Letterman? read the comments … there’s only a few. All these stars that kiss up to the Dems we need to start boycotting. Don’t go see their movies … don’t buy their records … don’t even watch old movies with them in it. Don’t watch their TV shows. Hollywood now depends on the mommies and daddies that take their lil kids to every movie that comes out for the kids. Stop taking them to the movies. We need to put Hollywood out of business. No one sitting in the show, no one watching their goofy TV shows, no one going to their concerts. If ppl like us would ban together and spread the word … we might have Hollywood asking … brother can you spare a dime. Any good music … we already have … from the old days. There is no more good music. All the good movies have already been made. Instead of taking kids to every other kid movie that comes out, ask them to do their own story and act it out … video tape it … and let the family enjoy the antics. Let’s start hitting these ppl in the pocket book. Urge all teens to stop going to theatre and stop downloading music or going to concerts. Let them starve. I’m kinda nasty today … but I’ve had enough of their chit.

• Liberals USED to be the optimistic ones says:

The best shows on TV are NON-Fiction reality tv shows (showing how men AND women subsist). Duck Dynasty, Gold Rush, Any of the Fishing shows. Keep it real. Skrew hollywood and their fantasy land (there is a tim for fantasy, but those folks never take their head out of the sand long enough to be grounded in reality)

12. John Galt says:

60% of white women are overweight or obese. The entire country is mostly fat. People worry more about Twinkies than Benghazi.

13. realitycheck says:

“Psychological and social factors also have an impact. “Women who report more experiences of racism have been shown to be more likely to become obese,” Palmer says. About 55 percent of study participants reported experiencing discrimination at work, according to a July 2012 BWHS newsletter.”

Its white people’s fault!!!! (or maybe they can figure out a way to blame Bush)

• TandCrumpettes says:

I’ll bet the same percentage (or more) admits to voting for American Idol. It airs on Fox, Fox loves Bush. Bush doesn’t care about black people. Therefore, Bush has conspired to make black women fat.

Seriously, though, how exactly does one cause the other? Do you have any idea how many times I have been called a “white b—-” in my lifetime? Or any other name for that matter? I’ve been called everything in the book.

I’m not overweight (though I have been before – took care of that with proper diet and exercise). Nevertheless, I could eat Adam Richman under the table. I absolutely love to eat – if it tastes good, I want lots of it. The greasier, the better.

That’s all it is. Food tastes good. Sitting is comfortable. Not once have I ever gorged on a Sonic Coney with tots and mozzerella sticks with a Route 44 creamslush and thought to myself, “Dang, if only I hadn’t been called a ‘white b—‘ ten years ago, I would have had the grilled chicken sandwich.”

Actually, the only thing I’m thinking is, “nomnomnom.” And I am sure they are too.

14. Angel says:

While I am not obese, I could stand to lose a few pounds. I used to be a very health-conscious gal, who exercised daily, ate in moderation, alcohol very seldom (maybe three times a year). Losing my mother over a year ago kind of took the wind out of my sails and I haven’t really been as health conscious. Gave into grief and it was just whatever. But I hold myself responsible and I am working to get back on track soon.

• TandCrumpettes says:

Go for it! You can do it, no problem! You’re a strong person!

I’ve been there too, I guess that’s why I am so passionate about it. I started gaining weight right out of high school, but I was so young and naive I figured, “Oh, it must be my birth control…hormones…must be age…must be genetics…” Somewhere in there I realized it was actually the Coneys. The weight fell off.

Several years later I became pregnant with my first and only child. Let myself go full-throttle. Of course, it didn’t help that I had the kind of husband you see in the movies, EAGER to go out and get me a Coney. I gained an obscene amount of weight in my pregnancy – but I kept telling myself that “hey, I’ve lost weight before, I can do it again. I’ll take care of it after I have the baby…” And I did!

I’m so sorry to hear about you losing your mother, but take it from me, that’s a MUCH better reason to “fall off the wagon,” so to speak, than pregnancy. So you’re already one step ahead of me in that regard. You have a REASON, I have an EXCUSE.

• Angel says:

“So good luck to you!!! I’ll be thinking of you AND your mom. I lost my dad years ago and it still hurts as much today as it did then. Here’s to a good Christmas for you!

Thanks Tandcrumpettes,

I would invite you to go bicycle riding with me if you were near my hood as I am thinking that is how I am reenter the exercise game. I had just started riding and was getting quite good at it when my mom took ill and died. Yeah, the pain of losing someone you love deeply never goes away. I just decided have to go on but grief is a monster!

15. Knuckledraggingwino says:

I blame men for the obesity of Amerivan women, particularly black women. If men were more discriminating, women would be more motivated to moderate their weight. While men might make noises about wanting tom date beauty queens, their standards become extremely flexible as closing time for the bars aporoach. Most men are so realistic that they keep bag of flower handy so we have something to roll them then aim for the wet spot. We even rate women based on if the are a five pound bagger, a ten pound bagger or a twenty pound bagger

16. Peregrine says:

Too much You Go, Grrl.
    Too much Everyone Is Beautiful
    Too much I Am Queen, Bow To Me.
    Too much You Judging Me?!
    Too much support for bad choices.
    Too many excuses.
    Too many empty calories.

17. knuckledragingwino says:

This might explain why so many Black men are homicidal. They are frustrated and angry because so many of their potential mates look like oblate spheroids.

18. What do black women think of Jennifer Hudson?”