Friday Open Thread – November 16th

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

About these ads
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

161 Responses to Friday Open Thread – November 16th

1. Oh, we being silly now?

2. texan59 says:

I didn’t know Rosemary, but I wanted to!

3. GracieD says:

Hey y’all! I’z been slavin’ over a huge pot of Gumbo all day. It smells so good, I can’t stand it! ;)

• cajunkelly says:

OOOOO! What kinda gumbo? Ya’s got me perkin right up! Finally it’s cold enough for gumbo, venison chili, etc.

DH and I indulged on some “Texas sized mudbugs” tonight….had two six pounders (QQ!) flown in today from Montauk, NY. His Dad was a commercial fisherman in NY for decades and still have family/friends connections.

I can now say I’ve done “all you can eat lobster”! Saved one of the tails…had to call Uncle on it…so tomorrow we’ll grill steaks and have those with that. The crusher claws were wider than a saucer and the pincher claws were wider than my palm.

Biggest mud bugs this Southern gal’s ever seen!

Yes, we are guilty of one of the seven deadly sins. :( But we thanked God profusely for the blessing.

(would post a pic or two, but my dang photobucket account is still down)
      racka fracka

• texan59 says:

Look you two. I cannot have any of this fantastic food y’all are droolin’ over. I’ve been reading about the gumbo all night. I’ma have to go to bed and dream about my Zingers and Hostess cupcakes goin’ bye-bye. ;)

• cajunkelly says:

Well it appears they may not be lost forever. There’s talk that the owners will be selling off the brands, recipes and product names.

Probably be like Holsum bread though when they sold off. Never has been the same..and I quit buying it cuz I ain’t payin a premiunm for air holes.

• GracieD says:

It is a Seafood Gumbo, CK. 5 pounds of Lump and White Crabmeat, 3 pounds Shrimp, 3 pounds Crawfish tails, and 3 pounds of Andouille. I started the Roux Thursday, added the trinity and the Seafood last night, and will pull it out of the fridge shortly and let it simmer for a while longer. :D

• cajunkelly says:

ahhh cher! Now that I’ve recovered from lobster coma, that sounds like heaven in a big ole pot! How many you plannin’ on feedin with all dat?

Dunno who your teacher was, but you got the “you don’t make a gumbo in a single day” down pat! I wouldn’t add a thing, ‘cept a big ole bowl and a spoon. :) Oh and nice lil bed of rice for it to rest easy on.

4. texan59 says:

G’night Tils. This one’s for you! ;)