November 6th ……What Would He Do For Us Today?

Got this email – Thought this was pretty amazing and interesting!

Did you know that the NASA space program is busy proving that what has been called ‘myth’ in the Bible is true?

Mr. Harold Hill, President of the Curtis Engine Company in Baltimore, Maryland, and a consultant in the space program, relates the following development.  “I think one of the most amazing things that God has done for us today happened recently to our astronauts and space scientists at Green Belt, Maryland”.

They were checking out where the positions of the sun, moon, and planets would be 100 years and 1,000 years from now.   We have to know this so we won’t send up a satellite and have it bump into something later on in its orbits.

We have to lay out the orbits in terms of the life of the satellite and where the planets will be so the whole thing will not bog down.

They ran the computer measurement back and forth over the centuries, and it came to a halt.   The computer stopped and put up a red signal, which meant that there was something wrong with either the information fed into it or with the results as compared to the standards.

They called in the service department to check it out, and they said, ‘What’s wrong?’ Well, they found there is a day missing in space in elapsed time.

They scratched their heads and tore their hair out. There was no answer.

Finally a Christian man on the team said, ‘You know, one time I was in Sunday School, and they talked about the sun standing still.’ While they didn’t believe him, they didn’t have an answer either, so they said, ‘Show us, ‘

He got a Bible and went to the book of Joshua where they found a pretty ridiculous statement for any one with ‘common sense.’

There they found the Lord saying to Joshua, ‘Fear them not, I have delivered them into thy hand; there shall not a man of them stand before Thee.’

Joshua was concerned because he was surrounded by the enemy! And if darkness fell, they would overpower them. So Joshua asked the Lord to make the sun stand still!   That’s right… ‘The sun stood still and the moon stayed and lasted not to go down about a whole day!’  (Joshua 10:12-13)

The astronauts and scientists said, There is the missing day!  They checked the computers going back into the time it was written and found it was close but not close enough.   The elapsed time that was missing back in Joshua’s day was 23 hours and 20 minutes, not a whole day.

They read the Bible, and there it was “about [approximately] a day“.   These little words in the Bible are important, but they were still in trouble because if you cannot account for 40 minutes, you’ll still be in trouble 1000 years from now.

Forty minutes had to be found because it can be multiplied many times over in orbits. As the Christian employee thought about it, he remembered somewhere in the Bible where it said the sun went BACKWARDS.

The scientists told them he was out of his mind, but they got out the Book and read these words in 2 Kings that told of the following story:  Hezekiah, on his death bed, was visited by the prophet Isaiah who told him that he was not going to die. Hezekiah asked for a sign as proof.   Isaiah said ‘Do you want the sun to go ahead 10 degrees?’

Hezekiah said, ‘It is nothing for the sun to go ahead 10 degrees, but let the shadow return backward 10 degrees.’ Isaiah spoke to the Lord, and the Lord brought the shadow ten degrees BACKWARD! Ten degrees is exactly 40 minutes!’

Twenty-three hours and 20 minutes in Joshua, plus 40 minutes in Second Kings make the missing day in the universe!   Isn’t it amazing?

*Joshua 10:8 and 12,13 and 2 Kings 20:9-11.

If God could do this then; how much more can he do for us today?

If we only believe in his word.

About these ads
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

67 Responses to November 6th ……What Would He Do For Us Today?

1. jordan2222 says:

Fascinating stuff. Would you dare show this to a Prog or “non believer?”

2. Keep this in mind when you encounter Collapse and War.

3. Geosurface says:

I’m a big fan of this site’s Trayvon coverage and I’m starting to sympathize more with other things posted here too, like political stuff. I voted Obama in ’08, and while I’m not sure I’m voting Romney next month… you can rest assured, realizations I’ve had since the Trayvon case caught my attention, about liberal hypocrisy and the MSM, etc, have ensured at least I won’t be voting for Obama. So, we are allies to a degree.

I am going to avoid going into much detail on this subject, I don’t want to offend or alienate anyone or get shown the door, haha, but I will just say this…

The problems that face us, in this nation today, are very well identified by this site. I think the true solutions are harsher and nastier than the religious mind can embrace.

• Geosurface says:

I think the late, great Christopher Hitchens is a good embodiment of the type of person I’m talking about. Though even he did not embody it completely, he’s the best known example I could think of.

• floridianne says:

No one can make you a believer. You must desire to know God. But a simple thought that might help is this…God blesses those that bless Israel and curses those that curse Israel. In the past 60 years, America has been most prosperous when led by men who stand with and defend Israel. America is prosperous becasue she is filled with believers who pray for the peace of Jeruselem. Contrast that with the middle east in general. Even though many are rich with oil money, most are living in squalor and behave in the most violently, depraved manner. The sacrifices of the Iranian hostages under Carter gave us Reagan and the sacrifices of the men in Benghazi under Obama, God willing, will be the change neccessary for Him to bless this nation again. He keeps showing us the error of our ways. When will we learn?

• pofalici says:

Not voting IS voting for Obama. But, I am glad youu are being honest.
        It is always interesting when man decides that he can decide about whether there is a God. I suspect, when we think that way, we are trying to be God unto ourselves. If you are truly wanting to know, He will enlighten you. God Bless you.

• …”I’ve become convinced that the truest path, the most logical and most effective path for correcting the course of our nation, is in being an atheist, and a libertarian”….

Thank God the founders of our nation did not hold the same belief !

• Geosurface says:

With great respect Sundance, for I do greatly respect your site and your efforts, if I may retort?

“Question with boldness even the existence of God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear.” – Thomas Jefferson
        “Religions are all alike – founded upon fables and mythologies.” – Thomas Jefferson
        “History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government.” – Thomas Jefferson
        “In no instance have . . . the churches been guardians of the liberties of the people.” – James Madison
        ” The divinity of Jesus is made a convenient cover for absurdity.” – John Adams
        “Lighthouses are more helpful than churches.” – Benjamin Franklin
        “but the Bible is such a book of lies and contradictions there is no knowing which part to believe or whether any…” – Thomas Paine

There are also quotes from George Washington along these lines, though he is a less clear case. I will fully admit that quotes can be found by some of these same men which put doubt to the implication, but what is clear is that some of our most crucial founding fathers were very far indeed from being what is now thought of as a believing Christian.

I personally believe Thomas Jefferson is the best model for any individual or any nation to follow.

My intention is not to offend, and if you ask me to drop this subject, I will.

• stellap says:

And yet Jefferson regularly attended church services at Capitol.

As for John Adams, he issued a Presidential proclamation of a national day of fasting and prayer (6 March 1799), which says, in part “implore His pardoning mercy, through the Great Mediator and Redeemer, for our past transgressions …..”

I could continue, but you have to do a little more reading than using quotes from a atheist website.

• Geosurface says:

That these men made pro-Christianity statements or went through the motions in a time when this was expected signifies little, that they said anything against it in that time, says much.

• stellap says:

I have read Adams letters. He was indeed a Christian. Jefferson has professed to be, though that is more doubtful.

• stellap says:

So, we must take any quote you present as their true feelings, and any that I am presenting are crap? Did it ever occur to you that these are scraps out of much larger documents/letters?

ADD: I haven’t checked all of the quotes you list, but at least one of them is suspicious – the library at Monticello can find no evidence of it in Jefferson’s papers – Religions are all alike – founded upon fables and mythologies.

• Neil says:

Geosurface –
              I might point out – that the same education you are getting on the Left and the media – could easily be applied to this topic – just in future tense.

People here don’t read a few blogs, and post a few opinions. They read and study books – in some cases for 20, 30, 40 years.

You are entitled to your opinion – but note the logic of your last statement. “Church worship was so common back then – these guys HAD to make those statements.” Well – if church worship were so common – didn’t you just disprove your original point?

It is a fools erand to try to create athiests out of our founders. This does not invalidate your opinion about approach going forward – but – you need to leave them alone until you have studied up a bit.

Relax a bit – as people say – if you walk 40 years into the woods, it will take 40 years to walk out.

• stellap says:

Adams, in a letter to Thomas Jefferson:

The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence, were … the general principles of Christianity, in which all those sects were united, and the general principles of English and American liberty, in which all those young men united, and which had united all parties in America, in majorities sufficient to assert and maintain her independence. Now I will avow, that I then believed and now believe that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God; and that those principles of liberty are as unalterable as human nature and our terrestrial, mundane system.

• Geosurface says:

The main takeaway point I’d like anyone here reading what I’m saying to have is… believe me when I say, you have allies among the nonbelievers. You and they have common enemies and goals on some things. Non-belief is more compatible with crucial things about your worldview than you think.

• stellap says:

I have no problem with that at all. I am not trying to convert you. I will argue with you if you try to misrepresent – especially, but not limited to – John Adams’ beliefs.

• Coast says:

Fine…then vote for Romney and do the right thing for your country, for yourself and for your fellow man. Open your eyes and see that Obama CANNOT have another four years.
              As to your faith, or lack thereof, that’s between you and the Father.

• waltherppk says:

George Washington was a deist but was married to Christian woman and went to church every Sunday at her side. George was sanctified through the union with his Christian wife and reportedly made a deathbed conversion, though there is some argument about this. George Washington was a freemason which is not entirely consistent with Christianity even though many will argue otherwise. And there are many Christians who will embrace church doctrine above gospel and will use their doctrine to condemn other Christians who do not share their doctrine as not being actual Christians. That is the kind of thinking which has caused schisms in the church and has led to different denomincations and sects instead of there being one united Church of Christ. Likewise there seems to be an incorrect idea that being a “conservative” necessarily means a person must not only be a Christian but also be in conformity with church doctrine that some Christians apply as a litmus test……so the “authenticity” of conservatism likewise gets grafted onto or incorporated into a theopolitical extrermism there also ….at least accoirding to an extremist religious faction that has “moved into” the Republican party and believes itself to be controlling of the Republican party. However …I know atheists who are definitely political conservatives and are also Republicans.just like I know Christians who do not believe certain church doctrines yet do believe the gospel. I am one of them. Romney is a mormon and I believe the book of mormon is a myth and that the mormon church is the cult legacy of the cult leader and false prophet Joseph Smith. So I believe the mormons are religious heretics. However I also believe that Jerry Falwell was a religious heretic. Sorry but I call it like I see it and that is how I see it. However …..when I vote for president I am not seeking to elect a pastor and we have as our republic the United States a secular state which is a republic and we are electing a chief executive and a commander in chief. So for that job ….even though Romney is a mormon and I certainly do not believe that is a “legitimate” religion …it is still Romney’s right to believe what he wants and it hasn’t seemed to have any detrimental effect on his ability to be a business executive. The republic is not a religious oligarchy and Americans are not electing a pope……but are choosing a president. The few things that Obama gets right are not worth the cost for the major things that he gets wrong. So the choice is made. One of the two is going to be president and for the survival of the republic it cannot be Obama. If a man has a vote and that man cares about the survival of the republic then he should vote for Romney. There will be no requirement or obligation attached to that vote that the voter should become a mormon or a Christian …but that voter can be free to remain what he is or to become whatever he will be….having better confidence that the republic will survive where that will still be possible.

• I concur Geo, even though it is not a popular position here.

• stellap says:

Jefferson:

To the corruptions of Christianity I am indeed opposed; but not to the genuine precepts of Jesus himself. I am a Christian, in the only sense he wished any one to be; sincerely attached to his doctrines, in preference to all others; ascribing to himself every human excellence; & believing he never claimed any other.

Letter to Benjamin Rush (12 April 1803)

• michellc says:

Christians are saved by the grace of God through his son.. We live through faith and there isn’t a Christian alive who hasn’t had that faith shaken at some point(s) in their life.
          There are many conversations I’ve had over the years when I allowed doubts to come in and if someone took quotes from those conversations it could be twisted that I didn’t believe in God, which couldn’t be farther from the truth.

Someone who is like a father to me was raised in Church yet he didn’t believe in God, he thought you died and that was it. About 4 years ago his heart stopped, his wife and grandaughter performed CPR until the ambulance arrived and shocked him bringing him back. He is a totally changed man today, not that he was a bad person before, but according to him it was peaceful and then is was like he was being tormented, the worst nightmare filled with anger, pain, sorrow, regret and multiply that by a trillion and that still doesn’t equal how bad it was. He is a much more peaceful person today and now says he’s not afraid to die as he once was, because now he knows he will have that peaceful eternity.

There is no bs or lies with God, man who is spreads bs and lies and twists God’s word to convince people it’s bs. Never put your trust in man because he will always disappoint you.

• boricuafudd says:

Geo, while I can’t speak for everyone else, welcome. New insights are welcome in my book. Thomas Jefferson is perhaps one of the most quoted, yet most misunderstood of our Founding Fathers. For instance, much has been made by Obama about his Koran, yet they don’t mention that after reading the Koran, he made a determination that no written treaty, or bounty paid to the Muslim Barbary States would stand.

Based on this, he decided to declare war on them and sent the Marines to Tripoli. TJ believed ” that religion is a matter that lies solely between Man and his God, that he owes account to none other than his faith or his worship”, this is a preamble to his his first mention of a Wall of Separation between Church and State. He saw religion as a very personal, intimate thing, not something to be dictated by the government, as had been the history in Europe and basically around the world.

A lot of Atheist groups, no offense, have used quotes from the Founding Fathers and used to say they were Atheists, but a quote along without the adequate context will lose its meaning. Take for instance the so called “Jefferson Bible” which many see as atheist since it deletes all mentions of any miracles by Jesus, yet this is how he describes its to John Adams in a letter in 1813:
          In extracting the pure principles which he taught, we should have to strip off the artificial vestments in which they have been muffled by priests, who have travestied them into various forms, as instruments of riches and power to themselves. We must dismiss the Platonists and Plotinists, the Stagyrites and Gamalielites, the Eclectics, the Gnostics and Scholastics, their essences and emanations, their logos and demiurges, aeons and daemons, male and female, with a long train of … or, shall I say at once, of nonsense. We must reduce our volume to the simple evangelists, select, even from them, the very words only of Jesus, paring off the amphibologisms into which they have been led, by forgetting often, or not understanding, what had fallen from him, by giving their own misconceptions as his dicta, and expressing unintelligibly for others what they had not understood themselves. There will be found remaining the most sublime and benevolent code of morals which has ever been offered to man.

This was what he viewed as the ”Christian System”, in which he concluded the that the principles of Jesus were pure ” Deism”. That does not sound like somebody who does not believe in a higher being. There has been a lot of debate about and many papers written about whether the FF were or not religious, using quotes as you have, taken out of the context of its time, when for instance in England, King George was not only the ruler but also the head of the Church, or Spain were the Catholics Kings were puppets of the Pope, or Russia were the Czar was also the head of the Church, as was Japan where the Emperor was the religion.

This was something the Founding Fathers wanted to make clear, that no Religion would be the State religion, all faiths were to be treated equally. They had seen how Religion had been abused by the Clerical system, and wanted to avoid that in our new nation. Often their expressions against a State sanction religion have been seen as an expression of non-belief, because the context is lacking.

• Geosurface says:

The Tripoli example is in line with what I had in mind, Christians and atheists of the west share a common enemy in radical Islam (and by radical Islam, I mean the majority views of a disturbingly large percentage of Muslims, maybe even a majority.)

• boricuafudd says:

Whether you realize or not we share a lot more than a common enemy, since religion has ,for all its fault, establish a set of rules that we all live by. A sense of morality, that is why you consider radical Muslims an enemy, because their morality is different than theirs.

• canadacan says:

I had forgotton that bit of history about Thomas Jefferson and the Barbary pirates. Reading the Koran makes my hair stand on end too . there is definitely a difference in values.

• boricuafudd says:

Yes, Jefferson liked to read and try to understand different religions, and reading the Koran, he came to the realization that the only a show of strength would earn the new nation respect and recognition in that area. He also saw that since it was permissible to lie to infidels, any treaty would not be worth its weight in paper, more was needed. Just as shipping from Britain was never attacked afterwards the American shipping was also respected. Maybe, a lesson we need to remember.

• waltherppk says:

By “radical islam” you mean those muslims who actually believe and do the radical things that their radical religion teaches ….when you cut through the crap that is what you got.

• canadacan says:

Thank you Bori that last sentence you wrote says it all for me. also great stuff from Stellap and Coast. the mindless lawsuits of the atheists and their stomach turning behavior at the Democratic convention make it very difficult for me to have a conversation about this sort of thing. I stand with our founding fathers, I am NOT a particular church going person but I am definitely a person a faith. the intolerance off to much of the aethiestic left makes me fear for the future of our country

• canadacan says:

God bless america we darn well need it. Vote for Romney and get that corrupt. Bastard. Out. Of the White House. then Americans can take it from there with God’s help.

• justfactsplz says:

I am a Christian and I value the freedom of worshiping God. I want to protect that American freedom, therefore I am voting for Romney. Evil must leave the White House.

• Chip Bennett says:

Interesting that you should mention Thomas Jefferson, who said the following:

“And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?”

• waltherppk says:

The irony in that would be the patron saint of the libertarian would be Saint Thomas Aquinas

• elvischupacabra says:

Yeah…. that whole, “endowed by our Creator with certain inalienable rights,” concept takes the power to dispense freedom and liberty, as if it were largesse, out of the fallible hands of man and his imperfect governmental systems.

Most of my friends in Europe cannot understand that concept. I tell them that it’s not an American concept; it came from THEIR enlightenment. They’ve just let a man-created government usurp those rights, which is against the natuaral order.

God Bless America.

• ottawa925 says:

“I’ve become convinced that the truest path, the most logical and most effective path for correcting the course of our nation, is in being an atheist, and a libertarian. I have started paying great attention to this admittedly small percentage of people, very small, and they cut through BS coming from both sides like a hot knife through butter. NO irrationality whether it be PC stuff, political stuff, religious stuff, whatever… gets past them.”

I find this paragraph amusing. Amusing that you would suggest that atheists cut through the BS coming from BOTH SIDES. It’s the left that props up and very effectively uses atheists to further their agenda. While atheists are busy filing lawsuits about the creche being set up on public property at Christmas, a FEDERAL HOLIDAY which celebrates the birth of Christ, or while they are busy protesting some other public location that displays the Ten Commandments, or busy going through school curriculum, books, plays, or events to root out and erase any reference to God, and twisting the Church/State, the Democrats jump up and down elated that the atheists are helping to do their prog work for them. I’m sure there are atheists that do vote Republican, but I doubt seriously that they are any kind of supportive base for the conservative party. So for you to suggest that they (atheists) are cutting through BS coming from both both sides is laughable to me. It’s the Dems that send out their foot soldiers to help atheists. Government will NEVER be able to give you a conscience, but religion can. The whole Dem movement is to remove religion (conscience) from humanity. An anything goes society. The whole idea of a bride and groom may totally diminish in decades, and instead of burying ppl, we’ll turn them into green energy … nothing to be wasted. Your last contribution will be your dead body making some power plant rich. The path we are on someday may produce a society like we see in the middle east where one day they will drag the leaders of a corrupt government from their offices or homes just like they dragged out Gaddafi before they tortured and murdered him. Government cannot teach sacrifice or instill in the human spirit the will to do good. All it does is tax and make laws. And please don’t demonstrate a counter argument using Islam and the middle east because I don’t believe for one moment that those that would kill innocent ppl and have no regard for the gift of life, actually have ANY grasp of their own religion. They are using their religion as an excuse just like Obama blames Benghazi on a video. Any country that kills its own ppl is evil.

• canadacan says:

Perfect in my opinion.

• stellap says:

Yeah, that’s why my grandchildren participate in a public school “Winter Concert”, rather than a Christmas concert. Why bother? If Christ offends people, then pass on the “holiday” concert altogether. One of my college roommates lived in an area of Chicago with a large Jewish population, and they celebrated Jewish holidays too. This PC crap is ruining it for everybody.

• michellc says:

When I was in school and we had Christmas parties, which truly were not much about Christmas and truly were not much different than Valentines parties or Halloween parties with the exception every boy brought a boy gift and every girl brought a girl gift, we had a Jewish girl who always went to the office and ate Christmas cookies and drank punch and watched tv. It was her parent’s choice, I as a kid thought it was silly, she could eat Christmas tree and santa cookies in the office but not with the class, but her beliefs were respected without taking away the party from the rest of the class.
          Even as kids we understood the parties had pretty much nothing to do with Christ.

• stellap says:

I have Jewish friends who have Christmas trees and holiday parties. One of the guys loves to sing Christmas carols. Doesn’t make him a Christian!

• Randy R. says:

Please consider: maybe what you will find to be the truest path will be true Christianity, not the “small c” religion masquerading as Christianity we often find in the world today.
      Go deeper; do not stop seeking. Keep in mind two things: people are not the Standard; Christ Himself is the Standard; there are many false “Christs” and they are hard to detect; some are in what we commonly think of as “the Church”, so do not let the world nor men tell you what God is trying to tell you. Let Him tell you Himself.
      As I have considered more carefully, I increasingly realize there are no inconsistencies, no irrationalities, in the teachings of Christ; there are many in the actions of men who, after all, are fallen.
      I could go farther, but the Holy Spirit will lead you , if you are willing to follow.
      Be blessed.

• Josh says:

Geosurface,

I am glad you are here :-)

4. I honestly feel bad. But only half the story is true. The part that was written is true but science has yet to prove it.

5. woohoowee says:

Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

6. BertDilbert says:

It is a cute story but that must have been back when the earth was stationary and the sun revolved around it. Today we know that in order for the sun to stand still, the earth would have to stop turning! Now imagine the earth moving 1000 mph on the surface at the equator and the earth suddenly stops turning, but the water in the ocean is still traveling at 1000 mph! That would produce a tidal wave that would break the sound barrier. Surfs up!

7. Cyrano says:

I hate to mention it, but I feel I must…The truth is the truth…I received that same email at least 10 years ago. According to Snopes.com the basic story has been around since the 1890s. Without the NASA reference, of course. NASA spokesmen have denied any knowledge of it.

8. Mikado Cat says:

What would religion be without requiring a leap of faith?

What would common sense be without keeping this site tolerant of all religious views?

9. Mikado Cat says:

I’ll give everyone a free clue, there is no mathematical solution for predicting the motion of three or more bodies, only numerical estimates which are reliable for fairly short periods of time. Regardless of that the programs do what their designers more or less intend which is predict normal motion. I can predict how long it takes to drive to Florida, but not when you decide to stop for a hot dog or how long it takes you to eat it, UNLESS I include that situation in the program.

10. flaladybug says:

Although I heard this ln a movie several years ago, It has always come to mind in conversations such as this. A man was trying to help his friend understand why his faith in God was so strong. Being an atheist and a scientist she dismissed God as myth because she couldn’t see, hear or touch him therefore there was no proof he existed. When asked if she loved her father she emphatically stated “Of course…. with all my heart!!” The man then simply turned to her and said….PROVE IT.

11. lovemygirl says:

No, even though I believe in God, love astronomy and have been involved with science my entire life this is BS. Sorry, just a lame article sorry to say.

• lovemygirl says:

If I sounded “Nasty” sorry but I do know Astronomy. I have many $ of Astronomy realated installed on m computer and in my head. There is no “missing” day.

• ottawa925 says:

Isn’t it rather amazing tho that we ended up (earth) at the precise spot/location that sustains life, and not just lower forms of life, but to our knowlege, the highest forms of life? Humans. One or two degrees this way .. or that way … and it’s a whole different ballgame. I’m sure it was just totally by accident tho, right? Just think, this one planet has all this diversity of life. It’s 2012 and with all the science, technology, gadgets, etc., we are yet to find anywhere near the diversity of life we have here. Oh yes, they jump up and down like idiots when they find evidence of water somewhere .. and there may be a scintilla of a bacteria or flora found in the crack of a rock. hmmmm. Then there’s all that stuff flying around in space, yet … we have an atmosphere that keeps us relatively safe from junk crashing into us, although I saw what happened on Jupiter, but thank goodness we have technology invented by “humans” that can destroy such a threat should it present itself. hmmmmm. “All these worlds are yours, except Europa”.

• lovemygirl says:

Not amazing at all. We and far less than Obama’s spending to the penny level have inhabital planets within our own Milky Way galaxy. There are billions of galaxies we know of each with a billion suns.

• ottawa925 says:

Yes, it’s possible that a planet could be in the exact precise position to sustain life in another galaxy. But we have no proof of that … do we? Has the diversity of life we have been found elsewhere?

• lovemygirl says:

I think even within our tiny solar system “Rover” may find past life, Titan and a few others may currently have life.
              God has dominion over everything we know and do not know.

• Matt says:

Life does not need the precise conditions that we have. There are other examples of life that live in what we consider extreme, and would never be able to live in, like some bacterias. It’s not a miracle, just what conditions were presented and made use of.

12. Tuduri says:

While science has made great advances in our knowledge of the universe, we do not know the nature of dark matter or dark energy, which comprises approximately 85 percent of the known universe. According to string theory which attempts to arrive at a grand theory of everything, there may be up to 11 dimensions in the universe..We know so much yet we know so little. Atheists posit that there is no God despite thousands of years of human experience and revelation. At least agnostics acknowledge that they do know one way or the other. I believe yet I respect those that strive to understand without blinding themselves to the possible. I believe Shrodinger’s cat is alive, albeit lonely. Lol.

I am voting for Romney because we need to replace our current president who is running our country off of a cliff.

13. lovemygirl says:

No one here is going to download $many K worth of software I have, Maybe mine is what USNO uses. I do know the author intended well but the story really is BS. There is no missing time nor did any computer “fail” when crossing some timeline. I have run some fairly sophisticated software trying to see the sky our ancestors did.

This is Inernet GARBAGE.

From a Treeper that believes in Gos with 4 degrees that end in S.

• canadacan says:

Very interesting astrological material. I will save it

• 1harpazo says:

You say that you believe in “Gos” (God?). Do you pray to God? Has He answered any of your prayers? Is it too hard for God to halt the rotation of the earth? He did when He answered Joshua’s prayer. Joshua asked that the sun be held until Israel had struck it’s enemies. God fulfilled his prayer. The really neat lesson here is that the Creator of the universe hears and answers the prayers of those who diligently seek Him.