A story broke in the Daily Caller which outlines a comment made by Rand Paul that implies some collusion between Team Romney and Team Paul. Rand Paul said “it would be an honor to be considered” as Romney’s vice-president. On the surface the comment seems rather innocent, but when you stand back and look at the relationship between Ron Paul and Mitt Romney you begin to see a very valid picture being painted.

Ron Paul has attacked every candidate except Mitt Romney. Mitt Romney has SERIOUSLY attacked every candidate with vicious, almost rabid, scorched earth hatred except Ron Paul.   Ron Paul’s wife is very close friends with Ann Romney, and the Pauls’ have stayed at the homes of the Romneys’ during their campaigns.

When you look at their strategy implementation they each attack the opposition simultaneously. First Rick Perry, then Herman Cain, then Newt Gingrich and most recently Rick Santorum. The only one not attacked was Michele Bachmann who, not coincidently, was doing the previous debate attack work for Romney toward Rick Perry, Santorum, and Gingrich. As soon as Michele Bachmann left the race Ron Paul took over the Job of attacking anyone but Romney.

So what would Romney have to gain from this? Oh, A WHOLE BUNCH. A HUGE BUNCH. First he obviously benefits from the diminishing of the other candidates. Second, attacks from people other than him afford him a certain anonymity now that people are aware of his hateful ‘destroy at all costs’ disposition. But most importantly you can see the benefit from a convention where the size of Ron Paul’s delegates, if thrown to Romney, would instantaneously insure him of the nomination. It would be certain.

If Ron Paul endorses Mitt, either at the convention with his delegates, or before with his support, it essentially delivers the nomination victory to Mittens.

There has been something obvious about their relationship as noted above, but there was always something I personally could not quite put my finger on.   The fact that Romney might give Rand Paul the VP spot in exchange for Ron Paul’s support totally makes sense and certainly explains a lot.   Here are two recent articles pointing in this general direction:

#1  (Daily Caller) Rand Paul says ‘it would be an honor to be considered’ as  Romney’s veep (this explains a lot)

#2  (Daily Mail) Santorum campaign suggests Mitt Romney may have done deal to make Rand Paul his running mate

About these ads
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to The Romney Inside Deal To Offer Rand Paul The VP Slot In Exchange For Ron Paul Support….

1. tnwahm says:

I Do NOT trust Ron Paul. He is a snake. Rand Paul as a prize for Mittens makes perfect sense. Watching the debate last night, I noticed the tag-teaming on Santorum by Paul and Mittens. The only problem that I see is that most Paulbots that I’ve encountered are rabid against anyone but Dr. Crazy Pants. I don’t see them automatically embracing Mittens, except that they are zombies so if their “dear leader” tells them to, they will.

• The Paulbots won’t be asked. By the time they realize what’s going on it’ll be too late. He only needs the delegates to follow him.

I’ve been pondering on what was going on with RP for a long time, trying to figure out the angle. I never tought about Rand Paul being VP as his goal. But it is totally logical. This strategy makes the most sense of any I can think of. Nepotism from a Father who won’t run for office again, to his son who will be elevated by his final act of political manuevering. Books will be written.

I have stated from the outset that if you look at Ron Pauls words and actions it is crystal clear he had no intention of taking on Obama in the general. Many people agreed with me that he was not running for President, but couldn’t put a finger on why he was doing everything the way he is. Now it all makes perfect sense.

• tnwahm says:

Just asked a friend of mine who is a Paul supporter about why Paul and Mittens were tag-teaming against Santorum.

His first response was; “Believe me, Ron Paul and mitt Romney are nowhere close to teaming up.”

I then asked why Paul was going after Santorum and not Mittens. His response is that Santorum has made some dumb statements and that he was rising in the polls. I then asked Paul doesn’t go after Mittens with the same intensity.

His response was; “Because when he speaks about conservative values, he is inherently going after Romney.”

I then countered with: “Not good enough; Paul specifically called out Santorum last night and is running ads against him. He was quick to rebut Santorum, but didn’t go after Mittens at all. I think the deal maybe Rand Paul as Mittens VP” with a link to this article.

Paul supporter: “I am voting for Ron Paul this year no matter what. He is by far the most conservative candidate and has the gut to go for everything he preaches. I can’t really speculate on what is going on behind the scenes, but this really looks like a tactic from the Romney camp in order to see what the response is from Ron Paul’s supporters to something like this. I just don’t see Paul doing that.”

I then asked him if he doesn’t find it odd the apparent relationship between Paul and Mittens and their wives. So far, no response.

• If Romney and Ron Paul are so far apart at opposite ends, like his Paulbots proclaim they are, then why would Rand “consider it an honor”?

The Paulbots cannot, and will not apply Occam’s Razor to the situation. It’s kind of funny because Ron Paul supporters are 100% conspiracy theory advocates. Yet they are about to have the mother of all conspiracies pulled upon them. I wonder if Alex Jones will just explode into a gooey mush… :)

• tnwahm says:

I agree. I think the strategy with them must be to plant seeds of doubt in their minds.

• Totally agree. Just get em thinking.

• arthur s says:

I am a ‘Paulbot’ I suppose. I guess someone should respond to this nonsense.
              First of all, it seems none of you understand where the fanaticism for Dr. Paul comes from. It comes from independent research of history, economic theory, capitalism, liberty, the constitution, the federalist papers, fascism, communism, and socialism. After years of study and observation, I have found a candidate who supports the same principles that I have seen history make examples of. I am not a BOT. A BOT is someone who acts/thinks/votes for who others tell them to. A Ron Paul supporter is anything but a bot.

Secondly, about this ‘underhanded alliance’ you people seem to think is in the works. There are a fringe group of fanatical Ron Paul supporters (as there are in every camp) who believe every conspiracy theory presented to them; YOU sound like one of them.

I believe Ron Paul attacks flavors of the week because they are easily vulnerable. Gingrich, Santorum, Bachmann these were HORRIBLE candidates with horrible track records. Mitt is way too socialist for conservatives but he is at least ‘presidential’ by todays definition.

And maybe these two men are simply FRIENDS? Remember when politicians had class? (and, for the record, I have heard Ron Paul go after Mitt by name on several occasions).

I believe an invite to Rand Paul would simply mean a tactical move by Mitt to grab some Ron Paul supporters in the general presidential election. Without that support Mitt cannot win. (or maybe there is some collusion and Mitt is promising a Fed Audit! How Wonderful would that be!).

• You just talked yourself in a circle. :)

• tnwahm says:

Seeing as you are new here, you don’t know the history that we’ve had with Paulbots here at the TreeHouse. I do hope you will stick around ~unlike other Paulbots that we’ve had visit~ and join in other conversations than just this one.

We refer to them as Paulbots simply because no matter what facts one presents, they have their 3 or 4 arguments as to why Paul is the ONLY one that can save this country and that he does no wrong. For the record, most Paul supporters that I’ve encountered are exactly that. They remind me of Obots.

As far as these two men not going after each other because they are friends, does that mean that they are going after Santorum and Newt ~and Cain and Perry before them~ because they are personal enemies? Is that why Paul is buying ads against Santorum in Michigan even though Paul really is campaigning in Michigan?

• Another thing. In the debate last night talking about his fear of attacking Iran Ron Paul said: “I have lost the moral argument, and I have lost the constitutional argument, but I will not lose the financial argument, we cannot afford to go to war with Iran”… He then followed up with “the reason Russia withdrew from there was because it was bankrupting them”, and he finished with this: “The only thing I ask you (looking at the panel) is that before you go to war with Iran you ask permission from congress and go before the people to request their approval”.

2 points.

1.) Does that sound like a guy planning on winning?
        2.) In the context of what we are discussing, doesn’t it sound like he is talking directly to Mitt Romney – as if they have previously discussed some of Ron’s wish list??

• juleigh says:

tnwahm,
      It’s quite obvious you know NOTHING about Ron Paul….you must still have an Obama 2008 sticker on your car….. I suggest you research Dr. Paul before you make comments that only make you look like another politically uneducated voter, which we don’t need any more of.

• barnslayer says:

Julie, buy yourself a mirror and read your post to yourself.

• stellap says:

Typical. Insult people instead of making your case. Why do you find it so difficult to believe that a politician – such as Ron Paul – would make deals? It seems perfectly logical to me. BTW, no regular commenter here voted for Obama. I suggest you take a look around before shooting your mouth off. Politically uneducated voter? Take a look in the mirror.

• tnwahm says:

Contrary to what YOU think, I actually have researched Ron Paul and the other candidates in the race. Might I suggest that you do YOUR research before spewing such dribble. If Ron Paul is such a great candidate, why don’t you inform us on why you believe what you do about him instead of insulting and resorting to personal attacks. In my experience, one stoops to personal attacks when one doesn’t have the facts on their side.

2. Don’t forget the entire state of Virginia has only Mittens and Paul on the ballot.

• freedom1781 says:

Yep and I am so pissed about this. Now, I’m not sure who to vote for. I don’t like either one of them but I wanted to send a message to the establishment. ugh.

• tnwahm says:

I’d still vote Ron Paul. The purpose is to keep Mittens from getting enough delegates before the convention.

• barnslayer says:

It’s a message we would all like to send. In reality we can’t afford to do that. Job #1 must be to get rid of nobama regardless of our personal preferences. Vote your heart in the primary. Vote for survival in November.

3. stellap says:

Just had another long comment entry go “poof”. it’s getting really annoying. Anyway, my favorite local radio guy interviewed Romney this morning, and skated around these issues – now I know why.

Romney will be speaking at the Michigan Prosperity conference I am attending on Saturday – so far no other candidates. Features Andrew Breitbart, Michelle Malkin, Herman Cain and Ann McIlhenney.

4. texan59 says:

Rush is running with this as we speak.

5. Ryan says:

Who here is willing to wear a dunce hat when none of this occurs? It is far more likely that Jeb Bush wheels and deals himself into the picture via a brokered convention.