October 25th – 2020 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #1375

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Kayleigh McEnany Twitter @PressSec

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,038 Responses to October 25th – 2020 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #1375

1. WeThePeople2016 says:

Awesome!!

• KT Prayer Warrior says:

A true patriotic voice. Thank You, God, for blessing the U.S. with patriots like Buzz and Martha. We are grateful for the awesome talents and opportunities You placed in their lives. We look forward to Martha’s service to our Republic. You made her TOUGH and smart as a whip!

• Robert Smith says:

Thanks, Buzz!

I always enjoy his talks. And when Aldrin punched that guy that questioned the moon landings.

2. decisiontime16 says:

Kamala Harris is shocked she is confronted about her extreme liberalism. (24 seconds)

3. A2 says:

👇👇

4. islandpalmtrees says:

Exclusive! Hunter Biden’s Sex Tapes, The CCP’s “BGY” Infiltratio

5. A2 says:

👍👍

6. A2 says:

Looks like the agreement with Afghans is doing well. Thank you President Trump

7. dogsmaw says:

In an exclusive interview 10/18/20 with Meet the Press, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D-Mich.) talks to Chuck Todd:

Covid Politics aka Dark Winter

“This is a gravely serious moment for all of us and if you’re tired of wearing masks or you wish you were in church this morning or watching college football or wish your kids were in school in person, it is time for change in this country and that’s why we’ve got to elect Joe Biden.”

CHUCK TODD

And joining me now is the Democratic governor of Michigan. It’s Gretchen Whitmer. Governor Whitmer, welcome back to Meet The Press. I want to start with the state of the virus in your state before we get to the politics around the virus. So, first, give me an update. Where is your state? I know you’re part of this huge spike that most of the country is in. You had some of your restrictions wiped away by the Supreme Court. I know some of them are going to get implemented, but here you’re rising and your power to mitigate this virus may be being eliminated. What do you do?

GOV. GRETCHEN WHITMER:
    That’s right, Chuck. So we are seeing COVID cases rise in Michigan. That’s what the epidemiologists told us all along was going to happen as we got closer to the fall. But I’m concerned because, of course, the Supreme Court decision in my state has created a lot of confusion and has worked to undermine the work that we’ve done here. We crushed our Covid spike early on. Our economy rebounded. We’re one of the top ten rebounding economies in the nation, however, it’s all at risk. And this partisan decision out of our Supreme Court makes it more precarious than ever, a situation that’s already very dangerous.

CHUCK TODD:
    What recourse do you have? I know that — can you — they didn’t really cite any Michigan law. They didn’t cite any law in deciding why you suddenly didn’t have this power. Do you have — is this something that you want to send to the U.S. Supreme Court or are you just going to try to work around it using other legal channels?

GOV. GRETCHEN WHITMER:
    Well, I’m going to continue doing my job. So I’ve got other powers that we are using. We have epidemic powers that my director of Health and Human Services have. So we still have a statewide mask mandate. We still have restrictions on gatherings. We still have the ability to create workplace safety for our workers. So there are a lot of things that we’re still going to continue to do. I’m not going to get distracted by attacks from the White House or a Supreme Court here in the state that is undermining my work. I’m going to keep going forward and doing everything I can to protect my people.

CHUCK TODD:
    How do you — how are you going to account for lockdown fatigue, mitigation fatigue — I mean, that is real, we know this is real — in your efforts this time to convince your constituents to abide by the rules?

GOV. GRETCHEN WHITMER:
    Yeah, so last night, the president talked about lockdowns. We haven’t had a stay-at-home order since late spring, but I know that he never lets the facts get in the way of comments that he’s making. Every moment that we are not focused on the fact that there are 220,000 Americans who have died from this virus is good for him. So, in that sense, as he incites additional violence against people who are just trying to save one another’s lives, it’s good for him. And that’s why I don’t want to talk about him endangering public servants’ lives. I want to talk about what he hasn’t done, and that’s his job. The Trump virus response is the worst in the globe. I mean, in the world, it’s the worst. Eight million people have been, have contracted Covid-19, 220,000 dead. We’ve got people in food pantry lines who never would have imagined that they’d be there. And no light on the horizon because our numbers keep going up. This is a gravely serious moment for all of us. And if you’re tired of lockdowns or you’re tired of wearing masks or you wish you were in church this morning or watching college football or your kids were in-person instruction, it is time for a change in this country, and that’s why we’ve got to elect Joe Biden.

CHUCK TODD:
    I want to ask you, get you to react to something here from the mayor of Sioux Falls, South Dakota, a Republican. I spoke with him on Friday. I’m guessing you’re going to empathize with what he has to say. It’s, again, a Republican mayor of Sioux Falls. Take a listen.
    [BEGIN TAPE]
    MAYOR PAUL TENHAKEN:
    Trying to enforce any government restrictions now at this point in the game, even if, even if I felt that was the right thing to do, it’s a non-starter in the community right now. It’s difficult for us at the local level. It’s difficult for us as local leaders, county commissioners, mayors to deal with how politicized this has gotten, and it makes it frustrating.
    [END TAPE]

CHUCK TODD:
    Do you put this all on the president, that basically he’s created this environment and it’s, and it’s hamstrung everybody up and down the government infrastructure in this country?

GOV. GRETCHEN WHITMER:
    I do think that the person with the biggest megaphone bears a lot of responsibility here, it’s true. This is a public health crisis. It should not be a partisan moment and yet, he has made it that way to deflect from his administration’s inability to get their arms around it. People are dying. People are out of work. People are looking for help just putting food on the table. And there is no relief in sight. Our numbers keep getting worse. And that is the sad, hard truth of this moment, Chuck. We should have acted as though we were in a war, but not a war with one another, a war with a virus. And this virus doesn’t care what side of the aisle you vote on. This virus is still a very real threat to all of us. And if we could all muster the American spirit and put our masks on and take care of ourselves and one another, we will all be better off.

CHUCK TODD:
    How confident are you that Joe Biden’s going to carry Michigan?

GOV. GRETCHEN WHITMER:
    I feel good about it, but I’m not leaving anything to chance. I am working incredibly hard to make sure that he does win. I’m working hard to make sure that — we have the ability to elect our Supreme Court in Michigan — and so for Welch and McCormack, who are on the ballot, I’m working hard to elect them because this is a moment where we, as Americans, have to elect leaders that are going to look out for our health, going to look out for our economy, get us back to work, and make America a leader in the fight against Covid, not a laggard.

CHUCK TODD:
    And then finally, last night, and at the top of our show we made reference, and you became a target of the president personally, a “Lock her up” chant targeting you started and seemed to be almost encouraged at times by the president there. You’ve already come under threat once. What does something like this do to you personally? I’m just — I know how you’re acting professionally here. I’m just wondering how this impacts your family personally. I mean, that’s a lot to deal with.

GOV. GRETCHEN WHITMER:
    You know, it’s incredibly disturbing that the president of the United States, ten days after a plot to kidnap, put me on trial, and execute me — ten days after that was uncovered — the president is at it again and inspiring and incentivizing and inciting this kind of domestic terrorism. It is wrong. It’s got to end. It is dangerous, not just for me and my family, but for public servants everywhere who are doing their jobs and trying to protect their fellow Americans. People of good will on both sides of the aisle need to step up and call this out and bring the heat down. This is the United States of America. We do not tolerate actions like he is giving comfort to. And that’s why we all have to be in this together.

CHUCK TODD:
    Governor Gretchen Whitmer, Democrat from Michigan, I appreciate you coming on and sharing your views. And obviously we hope that you and your family continue to stay safe.

GOV. GRETCHEN WHITMER:
    Thanks, Chuck.

Tweet gives link if you would like to listen:

• steph_gray says:

The nightmare we all experience is their dearest dream. They fully intend to double down on it.

• iswhatitis says:

steph_gray says: “This is the leftist lie that we need to counteract most vigorously – the lie that letting them return to power will stop the COVID-1984 nightmare.

Maybe. Maybe you are right.

But maybe there’s is something to be said for the idea that that lie of theirs is such an obvious lie that the telling of it, in and of itself, tells the listener of it that the DemonRats are completely full of it.

*****

I’m not the most convinced person that we need to “counteract” and “denounce” every bit of crap they throw against the wall. Instead, I often take the viewpoint that “following” them and picking up the pieces of the crap they leave lying around is simply a way to get us to be distracted by always following their “laser pointer”.

We don’t need to do that. We don’t need to counter every single thing they come up with. They see us doing that and realize then that they are in control of the laser-pointer and we are the easily-distracted “cats”.

I’ve espoused this position before (ref. https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/09/30/president-trump-delivers-impromptu-remarks-departing-the-white-house-video-and-transcript-3/comment-page-1/#comment-8844845 ), but I am apparently one of the few that feels we don’t need to “follow up:” on every piece of trash they throw – most folks seem to feel we need to direct utmost energy into their distractions (which, IMO, is a way of putting them “in charge”).

• I see they clipped out the “86 45” that was next to her.

Also, never surprised that they continue their Projection.

• Dixie says:

Talk about a dog faced pony soldier………

• Joemama says:

She always has the same eyes in every picture. Her soul has been taken.

8. nwtex says:

Many, many heartwarming tweets 💌

9. Magabear says:

Some good news from PA on election integrity for a change!

10. WhiteBoard says:

Just a REMINDER! refresher course taught at The Last Refuge years ago!

Summary:

Polls are to prepare the stupid DEM voters to beleive Russia stole the election.
    JOE IS NOT CLOSE! NEVER WILL BE.

the POLLS are to provided mental reinforcement thoughts into the STUPID DEMS (not smart ones voting for TRUMP) minds, so when the media says RUSSIA hacked the election (with facebook ads posted online) they will believe it again like RETARDS!

11. nwtex says:

Crypto Joker

I will go with a protest and rioting that way can have unlimited people.

12. sunnydaze says:

• Robert Smith says:

Are those suburban women supporting Trump?!

• Chris says:

I’m hoping we can get 1 or 2% more than last time. Unfortunately, most women are members of the women’s party (aka the Democrat party). The sad reality is that ~56% of women identify as Democrat. They like a big, bloated federal government and far left social issues. Yes, I know there are exceptions, especially the women here. I believe that this is the reason why public schools have become such an indoctrination vehicle. It’s a female dominated field. If I ever have children, I will never send them through the public school system.

13. WhiteBoard says:

Democrat party are trying to transition to Demonic Party with this phrase Democratic.

14. Soooo, I’m waiting for the White House Halloween Party video…
    Anyone?

15. Chris says:

I laughed at the 60 minutes interview where Sleepy Joe talked about the trade deficit with China. He’s never given a damn about it in his 47 year career. Now all of a sudden, we’re supposed to believe he’s a champion for the American worker. I trust a used car salesman more than him, although I don’t want to insult used car salesmen.

16. dogsmaw says:

The minons are countin down…

• mr.piddles says:

Joe-Pop had to get that out before his mid-morning nappy.

Also… the lack of at least one “!” speaks to the TOTAL LACK OF ENTHUSIASM EVEN WITHIN HIS OWN CAMPAIGN.

• mr.piddles says:

I had to go search out a clip. Hm. Yeah. You know you’re “trying too hard” when you have to throw on a pair of Chuck Taylors to “get jiggy wid da kidz”. Dumb.

BTW, Chuck Taylor All-Stars were The Thing like 20-30 years ago. I can’t even remember. #Fail

• Dixie says:

Democrat women in power certainly are showing their rear ends……