Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has moved the entire state into phase three of the COVID-19 recovery plan.  All restrictions against restaurants and businesses are removed by executive order [HERE] and all local mask ordinances are nullified by the same order.

♦ No COVID ordinance may forbid or impede any business from operating.

♦ No COVID ordinance may forbid restaurants to operate below 50% capacity. Any local ordinances against these operational thresholds are nullified.

♦ No local mask ordinances shall carry any weight of enforcement.

♦ No COVID Fines or Penalties may be applied toward any individual or business operating in the State of Florida.  (executive order)

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, CDC, Coronavirus, Donald Trump, Economy, Election 2020, Infectious Disease, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

291 Responses to Florida Governor Reopens State – Removes Restrictions on Restaurants, Nullifies All Local Mask Ordinances, Blocks Fines and Penalties…

1. The Akh says:

Way overdue. Need other states to follow. Desantis is leading the charge to restore order and freedoms.

• Francesca says:

Any hope for Colorado???
      SO tired of the mask thing.

• deborah foster says:

I want to move to Florida. These masks are horrid.

• madeline says:

Oh Great, I am leaving FL early in the morning. Back to MI and wearing masks…This is rich…

• michrider41 says:

Our moron governor in Michigan, Herr Whiter, made it mandatory for K-12 to wear masks all day at school because flu season is coming. She’s really pushing hard for a spot in Hiden’ Biden’s cabinet. The recall can’t happen soon enough.

• michrider41 says:

• SueR says:

What’s interesting is that anyone with half a brain and has spent any time at all in a school setting KNOWS children bring all their germs to school in September, pass them around with abandon, everybody develops their own immunity and the rest of year goes on with little disruption.
          MASKS ARE NOT HEALTHY. OUR LUNGS NEED TO WORK AS DESIGNED. Yes, I’m yelling.
          Kudos to Florida!!

• pacnwbel says:

I’d gladly trade Inslee (Wa dem) for a constitution loving Governor. He loves power and spending our tax dollars. and, what’s more, that dried up prune retired general and leaker mad dog Mattis is polluting our local radio stations with public service indoctrination to wear masks and socially distance oneself, best of all to stay home. Getting very fed up with all this behavior modification indoctrination rot, How have we come to be stuck with all these socialist ignorami up and down the west coast!?

• remnant179 says:

The latest trend here in Washington State is a “systemic racism” public health emergency. That means the local public health officer has Inslee-like dictator powers to boss people around for whatever reason he deems necessary. Covid wasn’t working out here in Jefferson County. Zero deaths so far in spite of being the most aged county in the state.

• michrider41 says:

Herr Whitler just made it mandatory for all K-12 to wear masks all day because flu season is coming. That recall can’t happen fast enough.

• reanejean says:

Gov. DeSantis has been great for Florida, I found the fines and penalties for not wearing mask was incredibly absurd and ridiculous to begin with

• melskia says:

Indiana announced yesterday they will open up on Saturday the 26th. Their new order was similar to Florida’s.

• KitKat says:

Unfortunately, Indiana’s Governor Holcomb has opened up the state BUT has left the mask mandate in place. Masks are still required everywhere. He has no idea how to explain how things can be open 100% but still maintain social distance. A LOT of Hoosiers, myself included, have informed him that he just lost his election in November.

• Linda says:

Lafayette Ind. is staying the same per the stupid health dept., I didn’t vote for those idiots. Pretty sick of all this crap. So far I have not worn a mask at all, I shop small town stores for groceries and think I won’t go back to the big stores when the crap stops. Small town groceries need business also!

• Akh- living in Killer Cuomo’s NY I am jealous beyond words. God bless Ron Desantis and I hope he runs for President some day.

• tappin52 says:

Me too! I hate bugs, alligators, heat and humidity, but I have to say that I hate Cuomo more. Going to Zillow to check out Florida real estate.

Right now houses are selling like hotcakes in my area of NY. My son listed his house recently and it sold to the first person who viewed it in 3 1/2 hours at full price.

Realtors around here are telling people to have a place to go before you list your house.

• mayflowerchild says:

I’ll sell you my townhouse !!! St. Petersburg.

• tappin- sounds like you live near me- I’m in Putnam county, just across the Westchester line. And yes, the real estate market is white hot.

Funny thing though what’s happened around here. All the old timers in my neighborhood are gone, except for me and a few others.

Out of the 110 families that lived in this district back when our kids were growing up in the 1970s, there are 6 of us left; the rest long ago died or mostly retired to Florida or places like it.

The new families that come from NYC and downstate are smaller and they are all liberal Dems. The town went from red, to purple, now blue by an ever increasing margin.

As these young fools moved up here and changed the town to make it more like wherever they left, taxes went through the roof. Now they are complaining – they just noticed during the covid BS, that this place is now becoming unaffordable for them.

They would never listen to the older people like us who tried to encourage them to vote no on more spending.

Now they are selling their homes to the next bunch of “wash ashores” who don’t mind paying triple in taxes for the same houses.

We have no plans to move to Florida as we’re just too old to go through all that stress. Our family and grand kids are nearby and we don’t want to be forced out of the house we built.
          We are prepared as much as possible and will go down fighting if it comes to that. Our house is well positioned on a steep hill with great visibility on all sides if you get my drift.

• What king -abbott-will do……???? Go DON PATRICK Go !!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. AJTheThird says:

Awesome! C’mon, Northam, follow suit…

3. joejoefromsandiego says:

Excellent!

4. Magabear says:

DeSantis/Noem 2024. Or Noem/DeSantis. Either way around, that’s my ticket in 4 years. 😊

5. SpotTheSpook says:

Please tell me this applies to schools…

• Akindole says:

It’s my understanding from yelling across the room that there has been no change in the masks in our county, for at least the elementary schools. Everyone knows it’s ridiculous with the orally fixated children. It may change if some edict comes down from the school board in the next few days, but the minority of Karen and Dick parents are driving the insanity.

6. bessie2003 says:

Hoping this is the first of many, if not all though I suspect New York and California are going to cling to their ‘new normal;.

I keep waiting for the big casino operators in Las Vegas to set the NV. governor straight, have been reading from the safety of the northern part of the State that for the past few weeks gangs and shootings have begun showing up on the strip, definitely a tourist deterrent.

• HillariousClinton says:

Disney seems to be FINALLY reaching their limit in CA with Newsom. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 I swear this idiot is driving CA right in to the Presidents win column…

• Pa Hermit says:

Need Pa. to open up, but Not My Governor, will keep us closed! At this point I’ll never consider a Democrat again in an election! I normally split my ticket, but no more!

• Aeronaught says:

I have never walked in a voting booth and voted straight party. This November will be a first. My wife and I both agree we will never vote for a Democrat in any race or any election ever again. My next door neighbor is a life long diehard union Democrat- and a Trump sign went up in her yard last week, I nearly fainted. I’m seeing a lot of that in PA and in places you wouldn’t expect. Do you want to live in a free state or a covid prison? November we find out…

• sunnydaze says:

Thx, Aero and wife.

As an ex-Dem, I really believe the whole Party needs to disappear, completely, from Top to Bottom.

There is no way an honest, uncorruptable person can survive that Party. So even if your local small town Dem Mayor starts out as a “good guy”, watch out! Once the Party gets ahold of your good guy, It’s. Over. Period.

Vote RED. Remove. Every. Democrat.

• Kent says:

NY guv is a ghoul….

• Fredx100 says:

Yes I can’t believe that they have not already done so. I have not played poker since March. I’m going crazy here. If LV opened up 100% they would get a huge influx of hotel bookings, etc. The money would flow and then it could not be stopped.

If LV opened up 100% tomorrow I’m booking a flight. I’m there. Can’t stop me.

7. Magabear says:

I do have to laugh at the guy standing behind DeSantis with a mask on. You’re free, Neil, take a deep breath! 😄

8. alvasman says:

Sure wish I could catch a flight there and help them celebrate!

9. petszmom says:

Can only hope Emperor Greg Abbott decides to resume the governorship for just one hour so he can deliver our state back to the people. He is busy celebrating national daughter’s day and can’t be troubled right now.

• Dale says:

Governor Grabbit’s power has gone to his head. He’ politicking’ for Pres in 2024, so he has turned due left, playing for a non-Texan constituency.

• lolli says:

He’s a Bush puppet.

• petszmom says:

POTUS 2024? He is wasting his time. One of the most hated politicians here in Texas. I am sure the word on this stinkin’ RINO is already out there.

• JaimeInTexas says:

A “El Tocino” listener?
        Abbott is the type of politician we rebelled against by electing Trump. Abbott is a conservative respectable. Dan Patrick is better but it is a very low standard.
        If we want property tax relief, we have to put Dan Patrick in the governor’s mansion.
        BTW, the Texas governor’s mansion “is the oldest continuously inhabited house in Texas and fourth oldest governor’s mansion in the United States that has been continuously occupied by a chief executive” and was “partially destryed” by a Molotov Cocktail thrown by someone.

10. Leon Brozyna says:

Nothing that good here in NY, where genocidal Cuomo reigns supreme, adored by the media, especially after killing off so many seniors (that’s one way to cut costs).

Heck, even in NYC they won’t go with the ball drop on New Year’s Eve; a crisis never-ending … power, power, power …..

• Somebody says:

Desantis should have a committee working on a massive NYE ball drop in Miami or Orlando

• Rosemary B says:

that would be amazing!!
        Florida should grab that idea and run!
        No more Noo York

• jx says:

Hahaha! Steal it away from New York… Cuomo will have a fit!

• WillRoll says:

And the ball singing as it’s descending: “Start spreadin’ the news. I just couldn’t stay. I used to be a part of it, New York, New Yoooork!”

• Somebody says:

Glad you guys like my idea. I have another one.

Universal already does a Macy’s day parade at their park. Desantis should talk to them, maybe they can partner with Macy’s. Fly the balloons down to Orlando. Get groups together and put on a Macy’s Thanksgiving parade in downtown Orlando. Disney has a parade too, have them join forces with Universal and Macy’s. Universal and Disney can feature their stars on floats as MC, dancing and singing.

They could all join forces and create the biggest Thanksgiving day extravaganza ever!

If we do that, then the ball drops in Miami😁

Desantis should go for the jugular. Florida needs the revenue. Desantis owes Cuomo a kick in the teeth too, after all the things Cuomo has said. Florida can be the freedom state AND the tradition state😄

Don’t stop at NY either go for the jugular in CA too. There was a time not to long ago when we had two active studios in Orlando, they’re mostly still there. They’re smaller than anything in CA, but TV shows and movies could begin filming. They won’t stay and that’s fine, we don’t really want them too, but let’s put out the welcome mat and bring some Hollywood revenue to the sunshine state while we can.

• sunnydaze says:

Thought they were still gonna do the Ball Drop, only w/o the crowds. Like in a completely empty Times Square.

hehe. Not sure how many would tune in to see that.

11. Harry Caray says:

Please foward the message to Governor Abbot.

• Gus says:

Amen. Abbott followed Desantis on tough laws for rioters. Now reopen and remove the mask mandates that increasingly are causing conflicts from lunatic Karens. A woman just followed another woman through our small town grocery store yelling pull your mask up b**ch. This needs to stop now.

• jnr2d2 says:

Abbott has been bad. Only 5 counties have been bad w covid. Rest of counties never need restrictions other that guidance in crowds (vol for 65+ if they have co-morbidities) – but strict regs for Nursing homes and other congregate care facilities.

12. FL_GUY says:

Free at last! Free at Last! Praise GOD I’m FREE AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Governor Desantis!!!!!!!!!

• Somebody says:

I live in Nassau County, FL. Our county freed us at noon yesterday, they must have had a heads up this was coming

• mooney1el says:

Somebody – I too live in Nassau County, FL. I understand that our City Commission in Fernandina Beach is still going to hold a vote at Tuesday night’s meeting on wheter or not to extend the local mandate to wear a mask indoors. Want to guess or bet on how that vote will go? Remember the county vote was 3-2.

• Somebody says:

The FB commission? Wouldn’t take that bet🤣 I’m in that part of the county too, but not in city limits.

It really doesn’t matter what they do, Desantis has taken away any ability to enforce it😉 Businesses can continue to require masks, just like they require shoes and shirts. We’ll soon know which ones and can weigh in with our wallets.

• Amy2 says:

Amen FL GUY!! As late as last night Alachua County’s facebook was touting the 200k number ad nauseum. I gleefully got to post today that “the governor just told you to pound sand.” Thank you Ron! Thank you Lord!! (Now hopefully the corporations our family works for will lift their dress code soon!)

• chefabay says:

Errrgh so jealous (CO) but so effing glad for you!

13. Verboten says:

I am incredibly jealous.

14. hyacinthclare says:

TODAY, Ducey!!

15. dwpender says:

How about a follow-on EO from President Trump cutting off all emergency and disaster funds for any State that doesn’t follow DeSantis’ lead?

16. Bill Dumanch says:

Like, Liberty?

17. Sue says:

YEAH! I’m a resident of Florida and this is great news.

18. uselogic19 says:

Never should have happened to begin with but….Heck Yeah!! A glorious Friday dump.

19. Rebelchick says:

Florida the Freedom State
    I never worn the stupid face diaper anyway!!
    Yeehaw best Governor ever!
    MAGA

20. WVNed says:

I hope this spreads fast like an imaginary pandemic.

21. Jeem says:

Newsome…are you seeing this????? C’ on man…stop it already. My 75-year old brother has been at a local Sutter Hospital for about a week with aFib and an infection in his left leg. They can’t get the aFib under control and they can’t find the correct antibiotics for the infection…he’s in extreme pain and sometimes gets delusional from the pain; he’s in a room by himself with no windows. No family members are allowed to see, including his wife. She is going hysterical because “there’s no one there to advocate for him” and/or to give him comfort. She’s been praying at various times during the day and night asking St. Padre Pio to comfort her husband. Friends and family are call me wanting to storm the hospital to stop this crazy batsh!t Covid crap. I give you this real ongoing example to demonstrate how other families must be dealing with these political and nonsensical restrictions.

• jello333 says:

“Friends and family are call me wanting to storm the hospital to stop this crazy batsh!t Covid crap.”

Exactly what should happen… ALL OVER the country. My mom left us over 2 years ago, and we still miss her like crazy. We still sometimes cry over the silliest things when we talk about her. But I tell you what… in a way I’m GLAD she’s not here to deal with this. The last few months of her life she was in and out of the hospital and nursing homes. And the only thing that kept her spirits up was that we got to see her at least once or twice every single day. But had she been here now, and been isolated? I can’t even think about it, because yeah, I’d be IN JAIL real quick. 😦

• betseyross says:

Prayers for you and your family. This must be unbearable for your family. It just isn’t right.

• decisiontime16 says:

I feel for you Jeem. My husband just had a coronary bypass x5. All alone.
      This type of thing has been happening all over the country. It’s heartbreaking.

• the phoenix says:

Dear decisiontime16,

Joining you in prayer for your husband’s good health and healing from his coronary bypass. May he soon be reunited with you in thanksgiving to God for a quick and full recovery. Praying in Jesus’ Holy Name, Amen

• Rhoda R says:

I wonder how many people have died, alone in the hospital, because of this stupid virus shut down.

• the phoenix says:

Dear Jeem,

Joining you in prayer for your brother’s good health and healing from aFib and the infection in his leg, may God grant him a quick and full recovery.

Hail Mary,
      Full of Grace,
      The Lord is with thee.
      Blessed art thou among women,
      and blessed is the fruit
      of thy womb, Jesus.
      Holy Mary,
      Mother of God,
      pray for us sinners now,
      and at the hour of our death.
      Amen.

God bless America
      God bless you
      Jesus, I trust in You!

• riverelf says:

All spiritual children of St. Pio reading here, and all others inclined to prayer, please join Jeem’s family in storming heaven.

22. sunnyflower5 says:

Breathe at last! Breathe at last! Thank God Almighty, we can breathe at last!

23. numbersixdance says:

Splodey heads on the lib front…yet a prediction…lib businesses will still require masks for entry .just to prove their point and support Uncle Joe.

24. modspell says:

Are Walt Disney World and Universal free to dump the onerous regulations now? I refused to go if it means wearing a muzzle. Fingers crossed.

25. Texsun says:

Desantis is a Governor who genuinely respects the citizen’s rights!

Unfortunately, we are stuck with a governor who is a Bush family sycophant. He doesn’t respect the rights of Texans. Disgusting, typical politician!

I’m envious of Florida. ☀️☀️☀️☀️

26. decisiontime16 says:

Thank you, Governor DeSantis! The BEST in the USA. Hallelujah the mask nightmare is over.

27. David says:

Heading out to eat in Jacksonville Florida in a few minutes. It will be nice to be free of this little bit of the nanny state ! Soo happy !

28. Trygve says:

DeSantis strikes me as a genuinely good human. Sensible, too. He gives me hope for the future.

29. helmhood says:

So happy for the great Americans in the state of Florida. It is staggering to think how many prayers were answered today, again.

Cry freedom from the chains that bind our children, freedom from the chains that bind our praise. And most of all, freedom from the lies of the enemy.

30. Bogeyfree says:

Finally a Republican with some guts!

Bravo Gov. DeSantis, Bravo!

31. alligatriot says:

Have I mentioned I kinda like our Governor?

Just walked in from spending the day wading in the Gulf of Mexico. Most folks I encountered were enjoying the warm sun, blue sky, salt water and wide open spaces. A few sheeple were walking along, picking up shells, no one within 100 yards of them – dutifully enjoying the health benefits of their masks.

Fresh fish for supper. Tomorrow, out to our steak place to help them celebrate!

Our thoughts are with the rest of y’all.

32. sunnyflower5 says:

We contacted Disney.
    I believe they had to retreat to their “ostrich pillow”

33. uselogic19 says:

Greaat. Love it but with my bad timing, I’m headed to a in-house gathering instead of going out. Been going out anyway at every chance but will be nice to do without face diaper for entry. And to sit right next to a stranger on the barstools at my sports bar.

34. OffCourseNation says:

Meanwhile, many Governors, and most all Democrat Governors, continue as Pharaoh (God on Earth) and keep the boot on the face of their citizens human rights.

35. SanJac says:

Only 6% of 200.000 COVID deaths were from covid according to the CDC quietly admitted. A little over a month ago in Florida it was revealed that 94% of positive COVID test were actually negative and one lab claiming to have 100% positive tests didn’t bother telling the public they only tested one person.

36. decisiontime16 says:

President Trump’s home state is going to great while New York is going down the drain.

37. OffCourseNation says:

Who would have ever thought the time would come when even small amounts of human/natural/God given rights for the people would be cause for celebration in … … … America?

38. The Devilbat says:

I can just see the reaction on Jacksonville’s far, far left News4 website. They will find a few supposedly positive cases and accuse DeSantis of murder by decree. I hate F’ing communists!

39. realitycheck6 says:

Funny, the idiot wannabe national politician mayor of palm Beach County came on and said ” Our mask law is still in effect” … there is no penalty he can impose he can GFH … any business that requires a mask should be boycotted

• Lady in Red says:

“Our mask law is still in effect” . Someone should ask him what law, did the legislature pass a law? What will they do to someone no wearing a mask? Oh, and Governor trumps Mayor.

40. Tiffthis says:

I never shoulda left Florida for Cali 😱😉

41. thatgreatnorthernguy says:

As much as I would like this development to influence Montana’s Governor Steve “Why does Chuck Schumer call me Mortimer Snerd?” Bullock to drop his mask and customer occupancy restrictions, I believe it will only goad him into doubling down.

42. David says:

I would support DeSantis for President in 2024. I’d be much happier with DeSantis if he had vetoed the red flag law. It’s my only reservation with him and it’s a big reservation.

• FL_GUY says:

Ummm, the red flag law happened under Rick Scott, if I recall, not Desantis.

It does need to be removed from the books as it’s unconstitutional..

• QuiAudetVincit says:

That’s correct. The law was passed in 2018, DeSantis was not elected until 2019. Just imagine the alternate history where Gillum was elected on the backs of fake ballots out of Broward County…

43. dwpender says:

Two of the BIGGEST petty tyrants currently operating our States as totalitarian police states, Cuomo and Murphy, have Florida on their “quarantine” list!

Will these regal potentates now go beyond quarantine, and announce that no one from Florida may enter their principalities?

P.S. I recognize their are NUMEROUS viable contenders for the “BIGGEST petty tyrant” title.

44. visage13 says:

If only: Orange County’s Executive Order mandating facial coverings is still in effect. The County’s legal and emergency management teams are evaluating the Governor’s Executive Order to help determine the impact on residents.

45. I have been wanting a winter vacation in Florida for a long time. I think the hotel rates may soon skyrocket, but I am going to plan it now. I will dance on the beach with a beer in my hand and no mask on my face. It’s going to be glorious!

46. barnabusduke says:

Hell to the Yeah! Heading back to St. Auggie in 3 weeks! 2nd home sweet 2nd home! Thanks Guv’nuh!!! Minorcan clam chowder, here I come! (And still no mask on my ugly face!) 😉

47. joseywalesandtenbearsbarandgrill says:

Go Ron. Godspeed to you sir.

48. Martin says:

What’s really becoming overbearing is the way everything in mass media has to be related to coronavirus, as in the “dangers and risks.”

It’s like Leftist media in the Ozero years– how does this help/hurt The One? It’s beyond tiresome.

49. Gage says:

Here in Wisconsin, our governor is a tyrant and our republican controlled legislature has no balls… Evers’ mask mandate (could’ve been ended on DAY 1 with a joint resolution from our legislature, per State Statute 323.10, but our legislature has no balls… now, they are letting Evers illegally issue another emergency order to extend the mask mandate another 60 days (which is the limit according to that Statute, and then the legislature has the power to extend it or let it expire)… Evers is acting illegally as all hell and our legislature is just letting him do it… sure, they are denouncing it and saying how illegal it is and that there will be lawsuits, but they refuse to actually take any action against it and lawsuits take forever…

SO disappointed with our legislature for refusing to keep Evers in check even though they have the statuatory power to do so…