Saturday September 19th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

135 Responses to Saturday September 19th – Open Thread

5. citizen817 says:

6. citizen817 says:

7. Troublemaker10 says:

8. Garrison Hall says:

9. F.D.R. in Hell says:

• Simple Citizen says:

That about “sizes up” the openness of her mind to competing ideas, over her lifetime.

She was noted to be friends with conservatives, and yet would not open herself up (as they did in some cases) to input and a departure from a rigid ideology.

Not an insult, just an observation.

10. Lucille says:

CAT BENCHES FOR CATURDAY!

“Happy is the home with at least one cat” – Italian Proverb

11. Garrison Hall says:

Happy Caterday!! 1.11 of way too cute . . .

• Garrison Hall says:

My little black kitty, has a new morning routine. For the past few months little Tink likes to come and sit next to me while I drink my morning coffee. She didn’t used to to this. But, now, whenever I sit in at the kitchen table, I’ll sense this little black, furry presence and, looking down, I’ll see a little kitty looking up expecting to get petted. As long as I site there, reading the paper, watching television, or reading, she’ll sit patiently at my feet. And if I get to engrossed in something, she’ll pull herself into my lap as a reminder that I have another job to do. Little Tinkerbell is a foundling who hungry and abandoned came to us early one cold winter morning. Of course she became family. Gotta’ love our kitties.

• Rhi316 says:

That little ‘ginger’ is very similar to the stray I just adopted a week or so ago, she was pretty wild and didn’t know human skin punctures with sharp teeth and claws easily but I trained her I wouldn’t put up with that. She has a slight limp with her rear leg and I felt compassion for her. She vocalizes all the time, sweet little mews and such and I talk with her as if we’re having a conversation. Never seen a dog much less a cat wag its tail as much as she does . Was thinking of calling her ‘twitchy’ but ended up just going with Kit. Don’t quite know why but seemed to fit at the time. She purrs more than any cat I’ve ever had. But she doesn’t come when I call her like my Tigger used to. Love these little furry independent creatures! I dig ‘Caturdays’ at the Treehouse too!

12. Deplorable_Infidel says:

God’s Gifts To His Church

By Pastor Paul M. Sadler

Scripture Reading:

“And He gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry.”
    — Ephesians 4:11-13

Paul warns us about those who, whether wittingly or unwittingly, would spread unsound doctrine among us. We are living in a time when some of the brethren seem to deem it important to find something new. Of course, it is not our intent to discourage anyone in regard to exercising the “Berean spirit.” However, care should be taken not to undermine the foundation upon which our faith rests. We do well to remember that the “Doctrinal Statement” our forefathers forged for us was a product of intense debate with the denominational leaders of their day. Each plank of the statement was carefully crafted as a defense and confirmation of the Fundamentals of the faith and Paul’s gospel. Therefore, let us not be too quick to challenge those things which are “tried and true.”

At this late hour, there are those who tell us that the “gifts” of evangelists, pastors and teachers or pastor-teachers are no longer in operation today. Some have even gone as far to say that the enabling “gifts” have also passed. This flies in the face of our “Doctrinal Statement,” which has served us well for over fifty years. It states:

“The gifts necessary for the ministry of the Body of Christ are those enumerated in Eph. 4:7-16. Of these, only the gifts of evangelists and pastor-teachers are in operation today. All the sign gifts of the Acts period, such as tongues, prophecy and healing (I Cor. 12:1-31), being temporary in character, have ceased (I Cor. 13:8-11).”

Here in Ephesians, one of Paul’s later epistles, the apostle sets the tone for the course of this dispensation. Clearly, the context of this portion concerns itself with the gifts God has given to His Church. It is true that the gifts of “apostles” and “prophets” passed with the completion of the Word of God (I Cor. 13:8-13 cf. Col. 1:25). Once the Word of God was dispensed, these two offices and the gifted men who held them were nonessential. We now have something far better, the written revelation that they handed down to us, which is to be obeyed in matters of faith and practice.

There is no indication, whatsoever, that the gifts of evangelists, pastors and teachers have ever been withdrawn. In fact, Paul plainly states their purpose: “For the perfecting [maturing] of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying [building up] of the Body of Christ.” And how long shall this continue? “Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge [Gr. epignosis — full knowledge] of the Son of God” (Eph. 4:13).

Surely, it could not be said there has ever been a period in Church history, past or present, that the “unity of the faith” has been attained, much less a “full knowledge” of the Son of God. But this is exactly what we are being asked to believe; that is, the unity of the faith has been attained. Perhaps, we should put this to the Berean test.

Creation: Some believe God created all things in six literal twenty- four hour days. Others teach the “ruin and reconstruction theory” that God created, destroyed and re-created. This is commonly called the “gap theory” which places millions or billions of years between the original creation and the re-creation.

Redemption: The battle has raged for centuries over whether Christ died for the sins of all mankind or merely for the sins of the elect. Which do you believe?

Things to Come: It is well known there are those who believe the events covered in the Book of Revelation are entirely futuristic. Many would challenge this assertion as absurd. They teach that the early chapters of the Apocalypse describe the various stages of Church history up to the present “Laodicean” age. If we agree that there are two camps of interpretation on any Biblical subject, then we have yet to come into the unity of the faith.

There is not one scintilla of evidence that the “unity of the faith” has ever been attained by all. Even in Paul’s day, the saints were wielding the sword of the Spirit against one another (II Tim. 1:15 cf. 2:17-19). In addition, we must inquire: Has the Church come to a full knowledge of the Son of God? That is, of His person, work and present heavenly ministry. We shall answer this question with a question: Has the Church, which is His Body, acknowledged the preaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the Mystery?

The “unity of the faith” and a “full knowledge” of Christ is a goal set before us that will never be fully attained until the Rapture. Thus, the responsibility of Gods gifts to His Church is to proclaim the whole counsel of God in light of the Pauline epistles. Why? that the saints might be established in the faith!

There is also an experiential side to this truth as well. When God called me into the ministry nearly thirty years ago, it was definitive. Other pastors have testified of similar experiences, which confirms that the “gifts and callings of God are without repentance” (Rom. 11:29). Beware of those who would rob you of this precious truth!

Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
    12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
    13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

1 Corinthians 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
    9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
    10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
    11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
    12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
    13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Colossians 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

2 Timothy 1:15 This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me; of whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes.

2 Timothy 2:17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
    18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.
    19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Romans 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

• TMonroe says:

“If we agree that there are two camps of interpretation on any Biblical subject, then we have yet to come into the unity of the faith.”

As highlighted yesterday, there appeared to be two camps of interpretation on the subject of spiritual gifts listed in 1 Cor. 11-14 being active today. Notably, the two camps appear represented by two different Pastor Sadlers who have written for this group:

“Thus, the responsibility of Gods gifts to His Church is to proclaim the whole counsel of God in light of the Pauline epistles.”

In what is believed to be his final epistle, Paul reminded Timothy of the value of abiding in things such as “the sacred writings” known by Timothy from childhood (cf. 2 Timothy 3:14-15). Near the end of his ministry, Paul affirms their “being able to make you wise unto salvation through faith in Christ Jesus”.

It is notable that Paul then spoke of doctrine — variously translated as teaching or instruction (Gr. didaskalian, cf. Romans 15:4, Titus 2:10). Paul again pointed not to himself alone, but beyond his own words to further writings where salvation as well as instruction / doctrine and more can be found:

“Every Scripture is God-breathed and profitable for instruction (Gr. didaskalian), for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be complete, having been fully equipped toward every good work” (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

13. nimrodman says:

“Sorry …. Sorry … Excuse me … Sorry … Excuse me …”

Good morning NM.

Man I was trying to think of something funny or witty to say, but your post just says it all. There is nothing I can add here, except to say:

SIMPLY BRILLIANT!

Thank you for this image. It was a good one to start the morning with!

POSTSCRIPT:

Oh yeah, I have been meaning to ask you:

Do you know much about the Punahou School, the furniture store (grandpappy), the bank (grandmammy), or the neighborhood where Barry and Frank Marshall supposedly hung out (heard it was really seedy)?

Just like: taking to you, history, and learning places from people who have experience.

If not, no big deal as we still have plenty to talk about.

Best…

• nimrodman says:

de nada on der katzen photografische (sorry, mixing my ferren’ languages

Punahou School is very prestigious, anyone with sufficient money and social standing tries to get their kids in there. Public schools in Hawaii are for sh*t, so there’s a cadre of private schools for those who can afford to pay for school twice, Punahou is top of the heap in notoriety.

No – dunno bout Barky’s early environs – there are probably books and articles that cover that, I’ve never been that interested in the fraud that I wanted to dig any farther into him beyond passing familiarity with some of the articles

nimrodman,

A great friend, who has my thanks! You have done more than enough, and I am truly thankful.

Just an aside, is there a really seedy area in your capital?

We all have them, but I am unfamiliar with your area. Any thoughts would be helpful.

As always, if I can do anything for you, besides laugh at you images and posts, I will.

Best,
            Simple Citizen

Be well.

14. dogsmaw says:

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I’m very limited on current info bout what’s happenin 😛 No Internet…Local News unavailable…but Texas is keepin us informed here in Sulphur. Guess what 🙂 I’m not homeless anymore and received only a bit of damage so my house is almost back to where I was before Laura entered our lives. And a big AND…Water doesnt have to be boiled anymore…So just remember to Keep On Dancin 😛

15. dogsmaw says:

Dang, If President Trump can accomplish this…he can do just most anything!!!

16. joejoefromsandiego says:

17. trapper says:

When you eat a double spicy burrito and a hot fudge sundae right before you go to bed, your body gets even by making you dream this

• GB Bari says:

Probably not going to make Top 40 anytime soon. ….

Interesting coffee can bass….actually all were homemade instruments…or something.

So, if they’re in a third world country, do we refer to them as a “shipping container band”?

• Michael Fox says:

Hey, that’s MY song, Trapper!

I wrote this song in one of MY dreams that was very similar to this one.

Your dream ripped off my dream! You’ll be hearing from Dreamscape Music Vault Inc. very soon about dream copy infringement.

That’s actually ME on the end playing the tubular bells, with the “FM” on the shirt. Oddly, I frequently have dyslexia in my dreams so it should read “MF” for my name.

The dyslexia in THAT dream may be from eating my favorite mango sorbet FIRST, and then washing that down with a dessert of a spicy red habanero, steak and three cheese burrito.

Even more odd than all of THIS, Fulu Miziki actually translates to Fox Michael in this Tikanga language!

It’s a crazy dream world!

Oh, and GB Bari, in MY dream our band’s name is “Container Released.”

We’re playing for mountainous jungle Princes and Queens, because this song became the ALL-TIME top number one among ALL top number one songs from trillions of years of existence. (May have been trillions of microseconds, a little unclear at that point, I presume from a fit of acid reflux)

Also, a lot of free float flying to many different mountainous elevations, WHILE playing our instruments of course.

It’s a crazy HABANERO dream world!

• Simple Citizen says:

Were you wearing the wig in your dreams?

Was hot sauce involved?

= )

• Michael Fox says:

Whig? No, my dear Citizen.

I joined the Republican Party way back in the day, though I still espouse a meritocracy and the rule of law, unlike many Republicans today.

Ohhh, the dream…

Sorry, YES, there was mucha salsa caliente, vintage red habanero.

The wig? Oh, I wear it every day here in Northern California to stay unnoticed by all the “progressive,” one hundred forty-seven million dead tree huggers. (The quantity is the dead trees, not the huggers, though we may have that many zombies in our state)

Very funny indeed!

Please stay safe, and let us all know if you need anything.

An idea for a text that you might find interesting (I just did the audiobook this time, and it was good enough):

Please be well my friend.

Best…

• Michael Fox says:

There you are bringing up my dreams again, though I usually refer to it as my cranial cavern but, canyon works just as well.

But seriously, thank you, I’ll check it out. It definitely looks interesting…

Mr. Fox,

Great to see you active tonight!

My problem with this text was that I thought I knew a good deal of information about the “British Invasion” and the Tavistock Group. Yet, for some idealistic reason, I thought that type of psyop did not occur here in our earliest days of popular music (excluding Sun Records). This book challenged my reasoning, and then elevated my (simple) perspective.

It will not help with the “now”, but it does give you some insight as to the “why” on many subjects.

Please be well, and let us all know if you need anything; I do not think that any one of us knew where you were (to my knowledge) until tonight.

Best,
                Simple Citizen

• Michael Fox says:

A couple of blurbs from Wikipedia about the Tavistock Institute of Human Relations.

Just the mention of the facilitating grant from the Rockefeller Foundation makes contrived authoritarian mountains out of conspiracy theory molehills, doesn’t it.

But, Simple Citizen, I just have to ask…

Is the first half of your title for reasons of mock humility?

You’re hardly a simple anything!

Are you actually Mika Brzezinski infiltrating Sundance’s Treehouse?

Were you coronated into the Trilateral Commission by your father?

And/or, are you a regular “unregistered” guest at the Council on Foreign Relations meetups?

You have an uncanny wide and deep knowledge of societies, private and cultural, that are baffling to me and probably 98% of Americans today.

Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate your provocative thoughts that influence me to read more beyond my comfortable mental zone.

I’m guessing you don’t follow the Kardashians or Colin Crap-In-Neck.

Anyway, no need to answer any of this. These are just some BB’s shooting out from my poorly aimed peabrain.

‘The Rough Guide to Conspiracy Theories notes that the Tavistock Institute has been named by some conspiracy theorists as having a part in “The most extravagant anti-Illuminati conspiracy theory” of John Coleman “known as [the] ‘Aquarian Conspiracy’. This totalitarian agenda culminates in the Illuminati ‘taking control of education in America with the intent and purpose of utterly and completely destroying it.'” By “‘means of rock music and drugs to rebel against the status quo, thus undermining and eventually destroying the family unit’.”[28] Todd Van Luling, writing in HuffPost also mentioned this idea “from popular conspiracy theorist Dr John Coleman”, saying that “The Tavistock Institute is a publicly known British charity founded in 1947, but conspiracy theorists believe the Institute’s real purpose is to similarly engineer the world’s culture.” The Post looks at Coleman’s claim that the popularity of the Beatles was an Illuminati plot to advance the “Aquarian Conspiracy”.’

‘The Tavistock Institute of Human Relations was created in 1947 to carry out organisational research when the Clinic was incorporated into the NHS.[9] The Rockefeller Foundation awarded a significant grant that facilitated the creation of the TIHR.‘

Mr. Fox,

Good morning and happy Sunday! Again, I am humbled and appreciative of your kindness toward me.

No my chosen name is truly meant to be humble. Often I come to CTH to learn from others and I do so everytime I am here (the other reason I come is to be friendly).

This blog / website caught my eye when Sundance was mentioning the Bonus Army, which I had never seen a website (that was not specifically focused on our history) ever do! Sort of fell out of my seat at that moment.

This is the only website I actively contribute to, and often I run out of time when I am hoping to get here. The only other website that I even read is Lew Rockwell. Most of the time, I ignore all news, but then I have my moments where (as I say to my better half) I poke my head out of the “rabbit hole” (bit like Bugs Bunny) to briefly see what is happening in the world.

I have never been invited to join any organization such as the ones you mentioned, but I have been in meetings with members of those organizations, for other reasons, which I cannot get into right now. To be honest, I am not much of a joiner and I would not join those specific organizations as I know what they are about and it is not for me.

My simple (no pun intended = ) thought is that our nation is bogged down by these groups and often makes some very serious mistakes by following their recommendations (people lose their lives as a result). So when I can make others aware of them, I do and then hope for the best.

No I do not follow pop culture (you nailed that part), or sports (used to enjoy following boxing) and / or most current media. In fact, I am not a lot of fun at parties, and I am really blessed to be married for so many years now (did not think it would ever happen). My wife and I fit a line from the Daryl Hall and John Oates song Say It Isn’t So, “…strangers at the party, two rebels in a shell…”.

Since I was raised by relatives, older than my parents, I learned traditional values and that it was my civic duty to know my nation. History, methods of research, and a means to analyze multiple inputs of differing information to find the 5% – 10% that is truthful, were highlighted in my upbringing.

Now I have blathered on and on about me, sorry about that; it is not normally my custom, but I was trying to give a reasonable response to you.

As I am aware, you are in Northern California. Would be happy to know more if you ever have a minute and are inclined to do so.

Either way, thanks for the response and lease be well.

All my best,
                  Simple Citizen

Postscript: Tavistock has greatly impacted pop culture (gave us the Beatles and the Stones, plus their mock rivalry) and as a result (as you pointed out so well) seeded a lot of division over time. All of what you stated was right on point, and I am appreciative; it is a good conversation!

18. Texian says:

Houston space.. Inner space..

dive seasons turned into years.. I had come a long way..

I was forever changed.. it was part of the sacrifice you made..

to belong to the best.. to wear the name..

I was now more experienced.. in work and life..

things were changing.. and life started to get blurry..

sometimes in inner space you can’t tell whether you are up or down.. and life felt the same way..

love tried to save me.. but I was in too deep.. so I just kept on going..

I turned my ZL900 Eliminator onto the boulevard.. the streetlights blurred..

the night knew me well..

..hey Taucher.. whatcha doin’..

Memoirs of an Oilfield Diver
    The Epic Archive
    1984 -1992

19. Ocelot says:

Priceless Interactions

20. dogsmaw says:

#Caturday

21. Dora says:

22. Dora says:

23. Dora says:

24. Charlotte Powell Brooks says:

Baby Lives Matter.

25. Dora says:

26. An American says:

Unseal and release all of Obama’s personal life history documents/records from the time of his birth through to his election to the Senate.

Requesting for an avid Obama supporter.

27. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

Mornin’ WeeWeed
      Happy Caturday!

Mornin’ WeeWeed!

Great day to be an infidel!

Now if we could all just help each other out just like the video; the world would be a kinder place.

• GB Bari says:

Morning WeeWeed!

• Texian says:

I just woke up.. where the fck am i.. oh..

happens every morning.. or night..
      ..strange how that part has never gone away..

WeeWeed,

Was having a conversation with my better half today, and came across a little ditty of info, in the attic I call my brain, that I picked up from Mr. Jim Marrs to offer some reflection.

Just wondered what you might have thought of the man and his work?

If you do not get to it, or it is not something of interest to you, I will understand and it will never be an issue between us.

Thanks.

Best,
      Simple Citizen

• wondering999 says:

Had no idea who Jim Marrs was, so I went to look him up. Journalist.

“Born James Farrell Marrs Jr., American newspaper journalist, Jim Marrs, has spent his entire life attempting to expose some of the deepest secrets, scandals, and conspiracies hidden throughout the darkest corners of the world. Born in 1943, Marrs spent the first portion of his life in Fort Worth, Texas, eventually moving on to receive his degree in journalism from the University of Texas. Marrs has not only worked as a police reporter and as a translator for the United States Army Reserve intelligence unit, but he’s also a world-renowned investigative reporter and published author.

“While Marrs’ work might not be for everyone, it is certainly written for anyone who is curious to see another side of the inner workings of politics, fame, and…aliens? If you’re looking for a new author, and you have an open mind (or at least a good sense of humor), then you should consider diving headfirst into some of Marrs’ greatest pieces.”

wondering999 (great name!),

Yes, I have some of the gentleman’s books and have always enjoyed his speaking engagements (some are on YouTube and others are scattered around the web). Further, I am not a huge Mr. Costner fan, but I thought he was a good choice to play Attorney Garrison in the JFK movie (one of his better roles to my mind), which was influenced by Mr. Marrs. And yes, after his transition, I did think about purchasing his 1966 Mustang, but my better half vetoed the thought.

Not sure if this is kicking around anywhere, but one of the best times I saw Mr. Marrs speak was on an Alex Jones show (I do not really pay attention to Mr. Jones, but someone pointed this episode out to me), where Mr. Marrs and Mr. Dick Gregory were discussing the JFK assassination. It was a fabulous show, but I do not know if it remains anywhere on the internet (think the original broadcast was 2004 or 2005).

As I was under the impression (now corrected) that WeeWeed was from Texas, I just thought I would inquire about perspective.

Glad you took a look at him. Although I am not fond of every single text he has written, there are a few that I find quite good.

Best,
          Simple Citizen

28. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day for Saturday, September 19, 2020

“The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.”
    Psalms 37:23 (KJV)

29. Sepp says:

. . . but deliver us from the Evil One.

30. Sepp says:

Prayer of Saint Ioannikios the Great (+ 846)

My hope is the Father, my refuge the Son, my protection the Holy Spirit. O Holy Trinity, glory to Thee.

31. chuck lowe says:

I see that Barry Obama has instructed us to, by way of the dying words of RBG, wait to nominate a new Justice. What a phony pos.

We can be just as bad. You gotta love all of the fake eulogies, smirking sentiments and pretense from the right when it comes to Ginsberg.

Politics is such a nasty, back stabbing sh**ty way to make a living.

I am glad she is dead. So are most all Americans who believe in the Rule Of Law (Which literally makes everything from groceries on the shelves to paved roads, indoor toilets, running water, you fu**in name it, possible.) and the strict interpretation of the Constitution. Ginsberg was the tip of the spear when it came to a soup de jour, emotional interpretation of what Progressives call “A Living Document”.

An activist judiciary is exactly what has brought this country to the brink of Civil War. The many tiered justice system and ever moving target that affects the economy, criminal justice, civil suits and control and power over our everyday lives by radical jurists (Especially Federal Judges) who can, with some bulls*it opinion from the 9th Circuit, or, literally any of the thousands of Federal Judges, restrict the power of the Executive and ignore Legislation and statutes already in place.

Full disclosure, sorry, I could give a sh&t less about Roe V Wade and in fact, even though I am Conservative, I personally don’t want to be involved in any way, in some lady’s decision to not have a baby. In fact, it seems reasonable to me, that if it is within the first 2 or 3 months, there is NO reasonable argument that can be made, which would indicate the fetus is a sentient being.

The Progressive/Fascists/BLM/AntiFa cabal is the Kraken that the DNC has released and the door was opened by Communist/Socialist liars like Ginsberg who twisted words, presdigitationally deceived Americans and convinced so many that emotion and feelings were more important that the general well being of all, based on the actual written law.

She did some real damage. No hero and in fact, was one of the leaders of the 5th column of seditious, lying traitors who are responsible for the chasm over which we glare malevolently at each other today.

• Linda K. says:

I agree with many of your statements Chuck. I am against abortion but I know a woman will make that choice if they are desperate, whether it is legal or not. Illegal abortion is not good either.
      Unfortunately, abortion has become an industry. Nor do I understand why any woman would wait until she is far along in her pregnancy to have one or why the left insists on their right to do so.
      Those of us who would not permit this choice, have to have a solution for the babies born who are not wanted.

• msidaho says:

To me the real issue is who pays for it – and who profits from the baby parts

• wondering999 says:

The only Pro-Life organization that has really gone to the place where I can get behind them is “Save the Storks”.

There is a second part of my wish list that our President is beginning to answer: Education. Why? Because life is stunted without the opportunities that a decent education provides, and most of our country is serviced by public schools that are violent, unsociable, unusable by responsible parents. I can remember crying when I realized I would have to go to a private school if my children were to realize their God-Given potential.

I am beyond thrilled that President Trump has begun to address education. God be with him, keep him, bless him and bring us all success and opportunities to become our best selves

• muskea says:

The Lord Jesus calls it murder.

32. Simple Citizen says:

IT’S SATURDAY AND THEY HAVE NOT BURNED DOWN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA YET!!!

TIME TO CELEBRATE:

33. just stevie says:

DO YOU CONTINUE TO GO WITH JESUS?

“Ye are they which have continued with Me in My temptations.” Luke xxi. 28

It is true that Jesus Christ is with us in our temptations, but are we going with Him in His temptations? Many of us cease to go with Jesus from the moment we have an experience of what He can do. Watch when God shifts your circumstances, and see whether you are going with Jesus, or siding with the world, the flesh and the devil. We wear His badge, but are we going with Him? “From that time many of His disciples went back and walked no more with Him.”

The temptations of Jesus continued throughout His earthly life, and they will continue throughout the life of the Son of God in us. Are we going with Jesus in the life we are living now?

We have the idea that we ought to shield ourselves from some of the things God brings round us. Never! God engineers circumstances and whatever they may be like we have to see that we face them while abiding continually with Him in His temptations. They are HIS temptations, not temptations to us, but temptations to the life of the Son of God in us. The honour of Jesus Christ is at stake in your bodily life. Are you remaining loyal to the Son of God in the things which beset His life in you?

Do you continue to go with Jesus? The way lies through Gethsemane, through the city gate, outside the camp; the way lies alone, and the way lies until there is no trace of a footstep left, only the voice, “FOLLOW ME.”

Oswald Chambers
    September 19th Devotional

34. Simple Citizen says:

For my Caturday friends, a little extra jazz…

(and yes, I realize Disney was always a racists company, but hey the tune is good and now they have become preachers for a woke world, bet they don’t make this one into a live action version)

Happy Caturday!

35. senda72 says:

36. mandy says:

This afternoon, we enjoyed “The Luck of the Irish” from 1948. A nice light, cute comedy/romance. Stars Tyrone Power, Anne Baxter, and Cecil Kellaway.

37. hillbilly4 says:

if you watch no other satire about the Election….watch this one….

Jeff Dunham NAILS it.

38. Sepp says:

Commemoration of the Most Glorious Miracle of the Holy Chief Commander Michael the Archangel, which Took Place at Chonae

September 6th traditional Calendar of the Orthodox Christian Church /
    September 19th civil calendar

39. andeclain says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Please place Your Guardian Angels of Protection around Donald Trump and Mike Pence and their families as they seek to lead America back to You. Also, we pray for Angels to protect and support our Sundance as he works for justice and peace.

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

• andeclain says:

Amen.

andeclain,

Amen.

Thanks for the prayer.

We are not in 100% agreement on some points, but prayer is for all and we are 110% agreement on that. You have a beautifully crafted prayer, and I am thankful.

Please be well, and thanks for always showing up!

Best,
      Simple Citizen

• andeclain says:

Thank you. We’ve been posting this prayer since before the last election. Lilbirdee12 wrote it and used to post it, but then went off to do other things. Auscitizenmom took over the posting duties and has been faithfully posting it for the last few years. I’m only covering for a few days.

• Simple Citizen says:

Both you and Auscitizenmom are wonderful to place it here and provide us with something for spiritual contemplation.

Again, thanks to the both of you.

Do not know Lilbirdee12, but my thanks is with this person as well.

May God Bless all of you.

40. andeclain says:

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh and Gen. Flynn:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

41. Perot Conservative says:

42. Perot Conservative says:

I love this guy.

43. Simple Citizen says:

Perot Conservative,

Yes, I appreciate the gentleman too.

Thanks for the post.