It’s 5:00pm…

I am very well aware of events today.

Discretion is the better part of valor.

WASHINGTON – A Former FBI attorney will plead guilty to making false statements in documents used to obtain a surveillance warrant against former Trump aide Carter Page, his lawyer told the Associated Press Friday.

The guilty plea from Kevin Clinesmith is the first legal action taken in an investigation led by John Durham, a U.S. attorney looking into the origins of the Trump-Russia probe and other intelligence-gathering activities related to the Trump campaign.

Clinesmith’s lawyer, Justin Shur, told the Associated Press that his client will plead guilty to a single false statements charge as part of a cooperation agreement with the government.  (more)

Tuesday.

This entry was posted in AG Bill Barr, Big Government, Cold Anger, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, Donald Trump, Election 2020, FBI, IG Report Comey, IG Report FISA Abuse, IG Report McCabe, media bias, Phase 1, Phase 2, President Trump, Professional Idiots, THE BIG UGLY. Bookmark the permalink.

1,110 Responses to It’s 5:00pm…

1. Nigella says:

So he’s given them a temporary reprieve.. They still have to release before or on Tuesday

2. jmclever says:

Document dumps happen often on Fridays at 5…

3. John E. says:

I’m keeping an open mind and remaining hopeful. I have no prosecutorial expertise, but from what I gather it makes sense to start at the ‘bottom’ and work your way upward. I’m not sure where Klinesmith is in the heirarchy, but he certainly isn’t at the top, so I’ll take that as good sign, along with the fact that he is apparently cooperating. The question(s) remains, however, what and whom is he cooperating about, and is he fully cooperating, or has he been compelled to do so whether he likes it or not? Hopefully his comparatively small charge signals the latter.

4. farmerjbj says:

Honestly concerned.Something stinks regarding the weird tweets & then now this. There are a whole of DC snakes that want Sundance & his research to be “disappeared”

• starfcker says:

I wouldn’t be concerned. It has nothing to do with you. Somebody is forcing action. It’s a big job. Could be lots of twists and turns. But it’s pretty obvious that some sort of action is being forced, that probably wouldn’t have happened otherwise. Good. Not the time to criticize. We are just spectators. The least we could do is clap.

• Phil aka Felipe says:

“Not the time to criticize. We are just spectators. The least we could do is clap.”

• farmerjbj says:

No criticism given. I’m the daughter of a Mama that barely made it out of Communist Belarus/Ukraine. I went to experience it for myself in the 1970s. It’s beyond words to describe what the lack of hope & constant repression looks like on the face & bodies of what should be beautiful people. I am always most struck @ how naive & trusting in our freedom all of us Americans are. It’s all that we have known. As Sundance said in earlier posts, this evil force has already brought so much brokenness & despair to our great Nation.

• starfcker says:

Cool. It is nerve-wracking to watch this. But I think this is one time we can say, trust the plan. And trust the man.

• CMDCMRET says:

Not all of us, though your point is well taken.

• luke says:

You are 100% correct farmerjbj. While I love the whole “American Exceptionalism” I cannot help but think it might be our downfall. We have become an entitlement society even on the right. While the left’s idea of entitlement is great givemees the right’s is this notion that America is theirs. I’m here to tell my brothers and sisters who will listen the land me be yours (for now) but the idea that was America is one election from being swept away.

Don’t know about you but I feel rather guilty sitting back and letting DT handle this whole show. I don’t think it wise to rely on him or Barr or Durham too much is at stake. Russia, Ukraine, using Coronavirus to destroy wealth, getting Americans to harm each other are all tactics the left has shown a level of comfort with. I was extremely surprised it did not happen in 2016. For a short period I wondered if maybe I had mischaracterized the left. The answer was NO my instincts dead on. The only reason they laid up in 16 was because they knew Trump didn’t have a snowballs chance in hell at winning.

Look at the stunts they have pulled last several years. They know if they lose they’re in deep trouble not to mention their desire for one world government. Do you seriously think they will not be cheating en masse this Nov? We need a plan, I don’t care at this point if it has a violent objective. Perhaps a huge armed protest. We must also mark our enemies. Not individuals but groups.

I ask SD and crew to take a break with Russiagate. And Turn their eyes to the most important election of our lifetime. I have plenty to lose but if you need me just give me directive. And I have some ideas of my own.

• WSB says:

I understand your thoughts…at some point the next steps aill become organic. President Trump and SD are still wading through the first minefield. Let’s get through the next week.

• luke says:

I will hold the line for now friend. Truth is I have a lot to lose but there is nothing have worth my dignity. I keep buying firearms and ammo honing my skills. Staying lean and chomping at the bit I get to defend my country’s honor. This is all new to me. I have never been so pissed off in my life. Every day I wake up more agitated and angry. I wish the cops would take a knee and get out of my way. Soon the left will replace them with some real goons. I have read and listen to Matt Bracken a former Seal. What he says makes scary sense. He wrote and essay in 2012 When the Music Stop. I suggest you read it when you can. Those riots this year reflect the anger being directed at us by the left. In Bracken’s piece it was all started by EBT cards going bust. We are well on our way to that happening thanks to this scamdemic. Been in a lot of barroom scuffles and I usually throw the first punch. If a fight is inevitable it is what I prefer to do. And if war is close best to come out hard and ready….be safe friend

• WSB says:

And you, thank you for the referrel.

• luke says:

Bracken makes some very astute points. I have listened to a lot of his podcasts on YouTube. He does one every Saturday with this Argentine fellow. The “long march thru the institutions” is a battle the communists have won. Brennan actively supported Gus Hall a known Communist and rose to top of CIA. Comey has a dear friend who stated that Jesus was a Marxist. Marxist sympathizers are pretty much everywhere . How hard should it have been for the FBI to figure out who delivered pallets of bricks for the riots? That same FBI sent 15 men to help with a rope investigation. So waiting for them to do the right thing now is pointless to me.

There is little doubt based on everything they have already pulled the left will cheat in Nov. I believe they need to be put on notice groups like Lawfare, Antifa, etc should understand that if they are caught it WILL absolutely get violent. The cops should start to understand that they can no longer protect these groups WSB. Unless PDT wins in a major landslide we got a war coming friend. If Biden wins and is allowed to take power we’re finished. I hate to be so bleak but that will mark the point of no return.

• WSB says:

Then we need to muster on, Luke.

• RyderLee says:

Starfcker ,
        Absolutely ! Good Talk 😊

• swimeasy says:

Well said starfck! Stay optimistic!

• farmerjbj says:

My highly educated Grandpa came from Western Europe & created a teacher’s college in Kiev. He traveled all through the Belarus & Ukraine area to find young people that wanted a chance to make a difference in their villages.
        The program was funded by the Czar. Since the $ was already in my Grandpa’s hands, they were able to keep working to make it happen after his assassination.
        There was a time of what felt like peace – the trouble was in the cities. Farms were thriving; kids were getting educated in these schools that were now populating the whole region.
        Then, the Communist hellfire started to come out to the country villages. The young students @ the teachers college in Kiev were lined up in front of a pit & shot.
        Long story but my Mama was saved because an officer recognized her & had been one Papa’s student’s so knew her proficiency in multiple languages. She became his interpreter.
        Farmers & families were killed without a blink of the eye by these madmen.

Just saying…. What Sundance has been working to do will NOT be welcomed. I maintain my concern. I am praying

• upstate909 says:

Funny how both houses of congress decided to recess in the middle of a pandemic, until September. Likely forming a strategy.

5. Coast says:

Sundance….man of the year (if not more).

6. marysmithkbi says:

The DOJ are outside of SD’s location. SD wanted us to see them. He negotiated a stay until Tuesday.

7. Heartland says:

If the reveal/ information release truly is set for Tuesday…Wednesday…Thursday, I will defer to SDs discretion.

SD is in the trenches we are on our couches…. no offense meant.

I can only imagine the coordination of these constantly moving/shifting events. Coordination and trying to find and evaluate trustworthy assets.

SD will let us know our time to act.

In the meantime, prayers for SD & staff

Also, and it is not cliche, patience is a virtue…….until you hear the bugle……then charge

8. Beaujackjangles says:

Drink your ovaltine.

• Publius2016 says:

funny! A Christmas Story…

This plea should end and or reverse Manafort Stone Flynn Papadoupoulous Cohen with fruit from poisonous tree precedent…let’s see Federal DC Appeals?

9. rhinobuster says:

From 5:00 until 5:45 I wore out the refresh button. Had to go to the hospital for carpel tunnel syndrome for my thumbs.

10. littleanniesfannie says:

Maybe Clinesmith can appear before the FISA Court. That would be appropriate.

Remember. No one is above the law.. If Clinesmith gets the James Wolfe treatment, then Roger Stone shouldn’t have to have his sentence commuted. Paul Manafort has already more than served his sentence. How about every Spygate dependent spend no less time in prison than Manafort? Democrats harp on the “guilt” of those in Trump’s orb. They are oblivious to the even greater crimes committed by the Obama/Hillary Criminal Coalition.

• wondering999 says:

Maybe oblivious is not even the description — there are fellow citizens who are playing by different rules. Diversity an all is great, but we don’t have a game if we aren’t all playing by the same rules.

And clearly a lot of people are playing by different rules. They “beat us at our own game” by making sure we play by our rules… while they flout every possible rule

Meanwhile prayers for Sundance, and for all of us

• jengancworld says:

I don’t think diversity is that great! How come the whole world isn’t diversifying? It’s only a few countries United States, Europe. Africa isn’t being Diversified, nor China, the Soviet Union, most of Asia! Only a certain few select countries that have a certain population are required to diversify! Just my opinion.

• botchedcasuality says:

They don’t believe in the ‘Ten Commandments’.

• wondering999 says:

True, and someone pointed out that it’s difficult to put the Ten Commandments into government law — it’s more of an internal law that governs the public and private life of citizens. When people don’t believe in that set of internal principles, how is it possible to negotiate a shared society?

• mtk says:

I want to see public Allocutions. Admitting guilt to the predict as nothing more than senior civil servants casting a finger to the wind. AKA “There is no way she loses.”

As such the predicate was and has always been based on calculations. If she wins, and if certain loyalty actions were not taking then careers would end. That is the freaking basis of the predicate. Once, the die was casted down that road all else falls in place. It is really that simple.

As a rejoinder, should not Clinesmith be also charged with setting into motion actions that lead to an outting a CIA operative. That is also a crime.
      Look, I am not going mince words here, but the cabal beholding to the most qualified candidate in history brought this upon themselves.
      This observation shows that deep seated political operatives can flaunt the law at discretion. This observation is Plume all over again. Looking at you Sidney.

11. gpatriae says:

Sundance…forget this BS and get after it…looking forward to your next steps. You are in my prayers…like always.

12. joseywalesandtenbearsbarandgrill says:

JMO but I want to see the senate SSIC blown up for their part in the Coup…both sides of the aisle

John Winger: Blown up, sir!

Soldiers: Blown up, sir!

13. jeans2nd says:

14. allin4freedom says:

I want allocutions in exchange for any reduced sentences. None of the old, “My client admits to no wrongdoing…”. And, NONE of the dirty details get to be kept secret.

15. old45model says:

Giggles – lotsa giggles! So apt, Ad Rem!
    That made my Saturday morning! [wink].

16. The picture is nothing more than a coded message to someone.

17. Eric says:

Well if it’s the Wyoming U.S. Attorney that’s going to be a problem for Dems, he was a Bush appointee originally and was confirmed to his current position by a voice vote. Not someone they can accuse of being a hack.

18. Bassplayer says:

Can anyone tell what state the license plates are from?

19. Bryan Alexander says:

18 U.S.C. § 1001

(a)  Except as otherwise provided in this section, whoever, in any matter within the jurisdiction of the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of the Government of the United States, knowingly and willfully–
    (1)  falsifies, conceals, or covers up by any trick, scheme, or device a material fact;
    (2)  makes any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation;  or
    (3)  makes or uses any false writing or document knowing the same to contain any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or entry;
    shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 5 years or, if the offense involves international or domestic terrorism (as defined in section 2331 ), imprisoned not more than 8 years, or both.  If the matter relates to an offense under chapter 109A, 109B, 110, or 117, or section 1591 , then the term of imprisonment imposed under this section shall be not more than 8 years.

He was charged under 18 U.S.C. § 1001 (a) (3)

Except for Conspiracy in a much larger scheme, this is pretty much all they can get Clinesmith on. This is not chump change. He is pleading guilty to producing fraudulent documents and supplying them to be used in a FISA Warrant. This is a Felony with up to 5 years in Federal Prison. As a lawyer, his career is over. If he talks, they can remove the conspiracy charge in exchange for information. They might even reduce the sentence for cooperation. Lots of possibilities. In the big scheme, he is a small fish.

But, do you know what has happened? A member of the Obama Administration has pled guilty to falsifying documents that enabled the Obama Administration to spy on Carter Page and, by extension, the Trump Campaign. It is official and it can’t be covered up.

A million dominoes lined up and knocked down all start with one domino.

• For me, I won’t be satisfied until or unless the statute which goes directly to the heart of this egregious scandal is charged.

The 0bama / Biden administration and its apparatchiks violated the 4th Amendment rights of EVERYONE who’s private communications were intercepted & viewed as a result of the DELIBERATELY & DEFECTIVELY PREDICATED FISA WARRANTS.

• FrankieZee says:

Take one look at this guy and you know he was singing like a Canary. He looks like he would be BUBBA’s boyfriend in a heartbeat. It is amazing how this was kept so quite until today. That says a lot of what is happening that the FAKE NEWS knows nothing about which gives me hope.

• Bill Blankenship says:

Most people had no idea on Earth who he is. We’ve known for a long while who this guy is and what he did. I’m hoping this leads to bigger fish (with names normal people recognize) getting fried. A man can dream. I’m not holding my breath, but a man can dream. I’ve been following (almost completely lurking) this place for a long time (many years), so I’m not an insider here, but I hope that whatever gambit Sundance is doing bears fruit. He is a great patriot and my prayers and hopes are with him.

• Thank you Bryan, we’ve been waiting so long and have mostly been stabbed in the back by our own side, while the ability to get justice seems to be slipping away.

Your comments do help.

• doyouseemyvision says:

He might be small fish but what he did was extremely serious and immensely fraudulent putting potentially innocent people in serious jealousy within the justice system to have someone present fake material presented before a federal judge responsible for administering the law. With him being a licensed lawyer and part of the FBI, this is egregious.

It will be a travesty if he gets a minor sentence because he pled and gets breaks that others would not because he is a privileged member of govt. His sentence needs to be very strong because the whole point is to make sure this doesn’t occur again. A slap on the wrist for cooperation is just wrong.

• vladdy says:

Fox radio news reported it today and added (paraphrase?) “There is no evidence that this was part of a larger campaign to interfere with the election of President Trump in 2016” — or somesuch. Always have to make sure we know it’s just poo on their shoe—no biggie. (That added “information” journalists always use now kills me — remember when “news” stories used to mean “the facts” without added conclusions of the writer?)

• WSB says:

Do you know if they can add conspiracy, RICO or treason charges to either Clinesmith or anyone else, assuming there are more than two additional witnesses, to this attempted ongoing coup?

20. Scott B. says:

“Be sober, be vigilant;” I Peter 5:8

I know you are aware of events (plural) today. Interesting days are just ahead.

Prayers continue.

21. Max Tadpol says:

What purpose does it serve to charge little Kevin right now? DOJ could’ve just as easily waited (or been ready) to take down the BIG fish and then announced Kevin’s plea agreement.

VSG does not need to further rattle McCabe and Company. I’m sure they already are rattled, unless they’ve been given the Get out of Jail card already.

So what is it then? Spoon feed the masses to keep ’em quite for a bit, or perhaps something MORE STRATEGIC.

I guess we’ll see.

• ericsrightsock says:

When one canary sings , a lot of folk sitting higher up the tree will hear the chirping and look down to see if there is more than one canary and what song they might be singing ?

• MVW says:

Not a lot of yapping by the CNN payoff hires from Obama Organized Crime & Traitors troop. That alone is worth a donut and cup of coffee.

Sundance, I hope you get every bit of appreciation from DJT himself with the highest award he can give.

But what I really want for an early Christmas is an honest election on November 3.

• frankmystery says:

They’ve been hinting at kline for months. Seems quite orchestrated from where I sit. I think they want to test the waters and see what minimal charges they can get away with.

• permiejack says:

Sundance kinda mentioned that his press release would be today if there was no action. Well, there was action though not earth shattering. Delayed till Tuesday, if more comes out before then maybe yet another delay.
      Waiting 4 years for anything to happen, I can wait a little longer.

22. kaste668 says:

What does the picture represent?

• Crusty says:

I don’t have the slightest idea what the picture represents … but if you go back, Back, BACK, to page 1 of these comments, you will see that other Treepers have said that Bill Barr was in Cheyenne, Wyoming yesterday, and Sundance may have been in Colorado. So it has been suggested that maybe Bill Barr met Sundance somewhere out West.

The discussion about the license plates on the cars has been debated in the comments, with some people saying Colorado plates, and others saying “No”. My eyes are not good enough to weigh in, but again, I refer you back to page 1 of these comments.

• jazzbogie says:

I enlarged and then did a google search on license plates. At least one is Colorado. A different poster was absolutely convinced the one on the right was Wyoming. Could be both. Why not?

• Joemama says:

See DJ’s post above at August 14, 2020 at 8:18 pm. He found it on street view in google maps.

• rebate456 says:

Discretion Grasshopper. If you don’t know then it’s not for you. Watch and learn

• WSB says:

It seems to have been taken three years ago at the Aspen Secutrity Forum.

The usual suspects were there.

23. OffCourseNation says:

May others call it what they will, but a coverup by any other name is still a coverup.

24. Gerry says:

Andy et. al.,
    The shot across the bow—
    Durham doesn’t need to blab about what he is doing. Clinesmith’s lawyers don’t know what Durham knows. He waited a very long time to announce Clinesmith’s situation. He could have done it shortly after the Horowitz report. Durham doesn’t need to play the spin and media game. He now holds the cards and all the players know it. I wouldn’t play poker against that guy.
    Clinesmith and his email correspondence on Carter Page represents a virus that has infected the CIA, DOJ, FBI and the Special Council. (I hope that includes Specifically Weissman )
    It is said that Clinesmith has the “original” email. If that email got circulated to the above mentioned entities, Durham has means means to go after those players for conspiracy charges and fraud if they already knew that Mr. Page was a CIA and FBI asset. Right now they all must be freaking out. Durham needs to procure more deals with indictments to work his way up the chain. He most likely has already done so. He doesn’t need to say who before he needs to.He doesn’t need to alert all the players that will get torched.

• tomluns says:

Which leads to an obvious question and that is what role is Durham playing? If Sundance is correct about Durham not being involved with any investigations I wonder why this was referred to him by Horrowitz in the first place and what is his involvement now.

• Chump Change says:

Everyone above Clinesmith knew Page was in CIA employ…Brennan and Clapper knew, Comey knew, Lynch knew, and Obama knew.

25. Eric says:

Oh Jason Dunn – even better. Unanimously confirmed in the Senate. Call him a hack then…see what that looks like.

26. ezgoer says:

There is more than enough evidence of crimes by Comey and McCabe to justify indictments. Then squeeze them. But nothing.

27. ACMeCorporations says:

“Clinesmith’s lawyer, Justin Shur“

What a name for a lawyer (just insure). His parents certainly had a sense of humor.

28. MoonWaltz says:

Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa
    Jackson Hole, WY

29. sunnydaze says:

people in the comments freaking out cuz Bloom put a pic of Biden w/ this story.

30. Hopefully the 2 magic words here are “Cooperation Agreement”.

31. Sharon says:

Speculation is very often a waste of energy, as are personal expectations. It’s good to have the ability to wait for reality to hold a press conference.

I’m learning again about the benefits of growing up on a dryland wheat farm in Montana in the ’50s, (with the alternate “cash crop” being a small herd of beef cattle).

:::Didn’t matter how the crop looked in late May – had to wait and see if there was adequate rain in June.

:::Didn’t matter how the crop looked in late June – had to hope there wasn’t too much rain at the wrong time, resulting in dreaded – rust.

:::Didn’t matter how the crop looked in early July – had to hope this wasn’t going to be a big year for grasshoppers.

:::Didn’t matter how the crop looked at 3 pm on a day in August – the day before harvesting begins. And wow – it looks like a good crop – maybe as much as 30 bu/acre….but that does not matter if a hailstorm moves through at 5 pm that same day, destroying the complete crop.

Yes – “we know”. But that does not mean we know the details of the launch out of the chute or what the finish line looks like. Gonna wait for reality to hold a press conference. Yup.

It’s a huge harvest being prepped, with the survival of our Republic threatened.

Think like a farmer. Work like everything depends on you. Pray like everything depends on God.

Reality will hold a press conference.

• been there done that
      heck once the hail insurance cost was on the Production Credit line of credit and the dang ins company went broke, had to borrow more to get to the time the State of Texas paid 70% of the claim. The three chicken laying hen barns saved us for food money.

• Sharon says:

Isn’t that something to endure – sometimes again and again?

That day we hailed out, I was just old enough to comprehend the huge loss, the gut punch.

I have never forgotten the scene of my dad pushing the 6′-wide John Deer combine back into its year-round parking place since it wouldn’t be needed.

H didn’t give up on farming or get mad at the weather. Just got up the next morning and did his job, hoping next year would be better.

• somebodysgramma says:

Excellent comparison! Thank you.

• snowfalling says:

Excellent statement, very wise.

32. lotbusyexec says:

The most common English idiom people use when they want to express the idea that they would rather be a living coward than a dead hero, or that to speak out for something they felt strongly about could weigh heavily against them is ‘discretion is the better part of valor.’ It is a slight warping of the actual Shakespeare quote: ‘the better part of valor is discretion.’

The line comes from Shakespeare’s play, Henry IV Part 1, Act V Scene 4. It’s spoken by Shakespeare’s popular knight, Sir John Falstaff, who appears in no fewer than four of his plays. For context, the full quote reads:

‘To die is to be a counterfeit, for he is but the counterfeit of a man who hath not the life of a man; but to counterfeit dying when a man thereby liveth is to be no counterfeit, but the true and perfect image of life indeed. The better part of valor is discretion, in the which better part I have saved my life.’

33. DouglasR says:

Personally, right or wrong, I trust Sundance more than anyone in Media.I read here for years before I ever posted anything. If he has delayed release, then I must assume, he had sufficiently good reason to do so. I just hope he remains safe, and has a contingency plan in place just in case these snakes try something.
    Praying for your protection and success. Christ as a Light illumine and guide you, Christ as shield overshadow you. AMEN

34. So, a meet up and hand over ?pages? and you Atty Gen Barr act on this, or Tuesday.
    If they act on ‘X” by Tuesday, they get more pages, and they act once more, might get to the last page that way.

Mr Wikileaks did not deal with Trump people it just may be that Trump’s people have reason to have some honor.

The Big Evil Fish most likely will see lures they will need to bite on after Nov. 3

35. Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Stand your ground be prepared to protect what’s yours.
    “Life, liberty and property the pursuit of happiness.”

36. Laura Hunt says:

“They also serve who only stand and wait.” That’s me. God bless and protect you, Sundance.

37. sunspots7 says:

Let them sweat until Tuesday! THANK YOU SUNDANCE!!

Dread of what’s coming is a powerful brain screw.
    I hope they are involuntarily emptying their bowels.

Enjoy the last taste of freedom because you will NEVER BE FREE OF THIS.
    You chose poorly and it will follow you for the rest of your life and beyond.
    We will not forget.

A long list of seditious traitors are needing justice. May it be harsh.

SUNDANCE, I am so grateful for what you are doing. Any action, even a small one, is far more than we had on our own. My gratitude forever!

38. WORDMAN™ says:

Tuesday…afternoon

We’ll start beginning to see
    Justice on the way
    Sundance is sipping his tea
    Waiting for his squeeze play

Someone…called to him

Durham is drawing so near
    He’s got to give him time
    Those gentle voices we hear
    Explain it all…FBI

39. sunnydaze says:

40. botchedcasuality says:

Darn I wish I could simply like on WordPress, I feel I e been culled from the herd!
    Clap! Clap! Clap!
    This is very energizing!
    Thank you Sundance!

41. permiejack says:

And it only took a little over 3 years to get some action. But he was being supervised by the office of the Special Council, thank god for that! He was only removed when biased texts from him emerged.
    He must have lacked candor. /S

42. Travis_1978 says:

Tuesday. Hope more comes out Tuesday 🤭

43. PVCDroid says:

Interesting pic. Colorado license plates on what appear to be govt vehicles yet Barr is in Cheyenne, Wyoming today.

44. Key phrase here is cooperation ageement. With that, they can lean on him to start telling the truth and in exchange they can reduce his sentence. They list his only charge as one charge of falsifying info, but in reality it had a levered effect and massive political implications – for example the 2018 election outcomes. That could result in some serious Pookey time for Clinesmith, and I am sure he would like to havea a chance to live a normal life outside of prison. Also, if I am correct, he knows a lot and was central to a lot of what went down. It could be our big break.

However, if Sundance’s information overlaps with what Clinesmith knows and could reveal and testify towards, and SD spills the beans, it could potentially kill Clinesmith’s motivation to cooperate. SD may be able to prove it with documents, but in the court of law, nothing better than a key witness testifying – the documents will back it up, but they are not as convincing as an eye witness.

That is discression, and in no way is a comprimise. Sundance is staying as strong as ever! It also seems this would not be happening unless SD had been driving things like he has.

Second, it will be curious to see how this plays out – Mueller et al tried so hard to get people to testify against Trump – Stone, PapaD, Coen, Manafort, but everyone of them stood firm aside from a toothless emotional speech that provided no evidence and was transparently self interested, but none of them did. Now, starting with Clinesmith, it will be curious to see how many of them start singing. My guess is there is much less integrity on their side, and they will start turning on each other.

45. Jeffrey Coley says:

” … AS PART OF A COOPERATION AGREEMENT WITH THE GOVERNMENT.”

Woo-hoo! And so it begins!

46. Mike says:

I hope this does not qualify as a serious action. It appears Barr is trying to run out the election clock, same as 2018. I hope I am wrong, but it’s time for people to start kicking in doors and those with information need to start dumping it on the public. Enough with the cloak and dagger bs, we have been dealing with that for 4 years now.

Prosecuting Clinesmith for lying, come on, weaponizing the FISA court for political benefit in a treasonous conspiracy, is about as lame as it gets.

What next, Jim Comey getting a ticket for jaywalking?

47. somebodysgramma says:

Ahhhh, Clinesmith! The young attorney without integrity. I do hope he rolls on whomever directed, intimated, or suggested he modify the email that would cause the entrapment of an American citizen. I wonder what Lisa Page is tweeting about now… LOL

48. Raised on Reagan says:

I’m with you Sundance.

Time to watch and learn.

49. Leon Brozyna says:

Yawn.

Clinesmith … that’s not news. Even if you add in his flower power refugee boss, it’s still at the bit player stage.

News would be Comey or Clapper or Brennan.

Even bigger would be sealed indictments for murder in the Seth Rich affair, revealing who directed Rich’s execution for betraying The Party.

50. Zydeco says:

There’s pretty good value in Clinesmith’s guilty plea. There will be no “were fighting this indictment until the end of time” from his lawyer.

Herr Weissmann is freaking out and attempting to try the case on Twitter. Chuck Ross pointed out to him that Clinesmith pleaded guilty lol.

The Democommunists got a lot of mileage from Herr Mueller’s bs indictments. Now it’s our time.