Some Have Had Ten Years To Think About Their Answer…

Ten years ago I asked this question: Where would you choose to live…

….safe or free?

As we live today it is remarkable how this image encapsulates the world around us.  Those who demand control over liberty are doing their best to remove the foundation of our freedom.  We each have a choice to make…. I choose to live; and there is no time of consequence so important for all of us – than to make a decision right now.

I will grind the bones in my hand to make Lady Liberty a rib.  No cost is too great at this moment.

St. Crispin’s Day ~ Henry V

[…] If we are mark’d to die, we are enough
To do our country loss; and if to live,
The fewer men, the greater share of honour.
God’s will! I pray thee, wish not one man more.
By Jove, I am not covetous for gold,
Nor care I who doth feed upon my cost;
It yearns me not if men my garments wear;
Such outward things dwell not in my desires.
But if it be a sin to covet honour,
I am the most offending soul alive.
No, faith, my coz, wish not a man from England.
God’s peace! I would not lose so great an honour
As one man more methinks would share from me
For the best hope I have. O, do not wish one more!
Rather proclaim it, Westmorland, through my host,
That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let him depart; his passport shall be made,
And crowns for convoy put into his purse;
We would not die in that man’s company
That fears his fellowship to die with us.
This day is call’d the feast of Crispian.
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when this day is nam’d,
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say “To-morrow is Saint Crispian.”
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars,
And say “These wounds I had on Crispin’s day.”
Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,
But he’ll remember, with advantages,
What feats he did that day. Then shall our names,
Familiar in his mouth as household words—
Harry the King, Bedford and Exeter,
Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester—
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb’red.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne’er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs’d they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.

This entry was posted in 1st Amendment, 6th Amendment, Big Stupid Government, Cold Anger, Communist, Coronavirus, media bias, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

242 Responses to Some Have Had Ten Years To Think About Their Answer…

1. FreedomNinja says:

The ONLY way to be safe is to be free. What the left is offering is not safety, and it damn sure isn’t freedom. Let them be woke. It’s time WE are all awakened.

2. jus wundrin says:

FREEDOM!!!

• guybee55 says:

Why is the answer so hard for so many? It is almost like they have been brainwashed in school or something. Oh!

• allin4freedom says:

Many have said that there have never been any successful examples of socialism, yet three come readily to mind: termite mounds, ant hills, and beehives. Higher up the food chain, I know of only one partially successful example, that being a monastery, but only under certain special conditions. First, everyone must agree to the terms upon entry; second, individual will must be surrendered to higher authority; third, independent thought is severely punished; and fourth, there is a heavy reliance upon (and expectation of) outside help in the form of donations. Oh, and that vow of poverty comes in really handy. Socialism is for insects.

With apologies to Rene Descartes, I think, therefore I am not a socialist.

3. Hmmm….choosing between the patriotic warrior way of The Valiant …or choosing the chickenshit way of ass kissing boot lickers of “the hive” or “the demoncrat collective” ….Decisions, decisions …So… while we are deciding ….let’s light on fire this demolition fuse for one who prefers the sweet smell of gunpowder always put to good use blowing some little evil treacherous bitch straight to hell.

4. kcheym says:

Gotta love the “band of brothers” speech…

5. Kitty-Kat says:

If “freedom” includes things like free sex between children and adults. I don’t want to live in a society that “free”.

Imo the only safe society is one that is morally governed by the Ten Commandments. Keeping and preserving God’s laws means more freedom — from fear, bad deeds and guilt.

The freest man who ever walked the earth was the Christ; he had dominion over horrible diseases and could walk on water. In the end, he overcame death and the grave. Yet the society he lived in and the religious laws he was under, were oppressive.

• mr. deacon says:

Freedom is not license. Our founding fathers expected honesty and morality. We the people, not the government, have allowed the debauchery and impropriety to continue. Leftist liberals have been in charge most of the time since Woodrow Wilson.

• linderella says:

I believe John Adams defined “freedom” for America in this quote, (I have wondered in various seasons whether those standards still applied to us…)
      “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious People. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”
      — From John Adams to Massachusetts Militia, 11 October 1798

• AJ says:

We would all be horrified to know just how many of our pampered “representatives” are, and have been for years, participating in trafficking of children for sex. Elites think this is a perk of their status. Hassart (sp) comes to mind. I cannot remember if it was “Classified Woman” or “The Lone Gladio” by Sibel Edmonds that told the story of Hassart traveling overseas to abuse children, so his constituents in US would not find out. Whichever book it was, she had to write it as fiction in order to get it published.

Saw a picture on another website of someone holding a homemade sign that stated…
      “If Pedophilia is just sexuality, then burying them all is just gardening.”

I am not a person that believes in violence. Pedophilia is just sickening.

6. DAL7910 says:

Freedom first last and always. As one of my favorite t-shirts states, “Know This, We Are Many They Are Few, To Fear Death Is A Choice, And They Can’t Hang Us All.” Let them try to take my freedom and liberty away.

7. MORAY WATSON says:

Safe or free? You can have safety and freedom, but neither are free.

8. Veritas says:

A few days ago, I got copied on a letter from a pastor regarding letting the youth group partake in an activity. In the letter denying them, he actually said that they need to be concerned about “Safety over freedom.”

He lost me completely at that point.

• 4EDouglas says:

Sounds like Pastor I know whos kept everyone in his church from fellowshiping in any way -except on line…Large parking lot, shaded open grounds at that church… No covid for weeks in the county…
      Risk is something to be taken and if you nave no risk you are not free..

9. moray watson says:

Freedom is not asked for, it is exercised.

10. Irisheyes says:

Speaking about freedom or slavery, I think this video filmed in 2014 is apropos. The interview centers on the Rockefeller Report written in 2010, where the “tool” of using a “pandemic” to lock down total control of societies is put forth.

I would say it’s amazing prescient, but most of us know all that is going on now has been planned for decades. However, it would be a great RED PILL to share with family and friends, given it predicts six years ago what is happening now.

I suggest it be shared quickly, as I can’t imagine it will stay on YouTube for long once views ratchet up. In case the link doesn’t work, it’s titled “investigative Journalist Harry Vox filmed 2014”

• LBK Deplorable says:

That sounds way more applicable to the current situation than the one he was applying it to. Pretty scary thinking about how long the power structure is willing to wait to eek away a bit of freedom at a time (with the occasional big grab like now).

• pgtsndthinker says:

Where is Mr. Vox nowadays? The website seems out of date.

• Papoose2007 says:

Wow.

• trnathens says:

“We are grateful to the Washington Post, the New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national determination practiced in past centuries.” (David Rockefeller, speaking at the June 1991, Bilderberg meeting in Baden-Baden, Germany June 1991)

Even more quotes attributed to Rockefeller can be found here. It’s not a “conspiracy”.

• LIG says:

I’ve just watched the video and was blown away by it. I also watched the “ recommended “ “Wolf in sheep’s clothing” documentary on Saul Alinsky last night and can’t get it out of my head. This year I’ve felt his tactics used to destroy my church by creating division that was for our own good and progressive. It’s hard being in limbo without a church family when the one you loved divorced half it’s followers and then I’m divorced from family and friends with the pandemic. I see everything that is happening under a new lens.

Reading about Rand Paul’s plan makes me so happy. I sent it around to family hoping we can get traction on this to DEFUND the Teachers union. I know several people that were teaching Chinese in on line classes for extra money. Lately I thought they probably will used those classes recorded to teach their own Chinese students with the techniques used by our retired teachers. Parents who need to work are not going to be happy with the teachers in a few months. They may get replaced by some inventive parents.

We must not be silenced. We must fight !!

11. Shop says:

Every POTUS including Trump always emphasize “safety”. As George W. Bush said on numerous occasions his first priority was the “safety” of the American people. Under that priority he unleashed mass surveillance, the Patriot Act National Security Letters, NSA databases on every electronic communication of Americans, a secret FISA court where the accused has neither representation or any say. We know how that turned out where “national security” was the “justification” to interfere in a presidential election and frame an opposition political candidate.

Fear sells. Very, very few Americans opt for liberty over safety. Recall that when the Patriot Act was voted on, with exception of a single senator, Democrat Russ Feingold, every other senator voted to approve it and there was no hue & cry by the vast majority of Americans.

12. mr. deacon says:

I am descended from Scots of Derry, Ireland. They hit Texas from Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, and Florida before and after the Texas revolution. They did not like Sherman nor the Civil War, the depression, the Federal government, Roosevelt, or his New Deal. They served in every war. They are LEO’s, teachers, doctors, lawyers, real estate dealers, own gun companies, etc. We are for the most part ladies and gentleman and Christians, but most of all we have freedom and independence ingrained in our DNA, our psyche, our collective unconscious as Jung would say. It is our family universal archetype. This is the vehicle that brought this country and us to the dance and this will be the vehicle we leave in. It will be a cold day in hell before we trust anyone in any government or allow anyone to run roughshod over us, near or far.

• Donna in Oregon says:

Irish Blessing

May those who love us, love us, and those who don’t, may God turn their hearts, and if He doesn’t turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles so we’ll know them by their limping.

13. Donna in Oregon says:

Letter from kids school. School board directors approved all schools opening VIRTUALLY beginning Tues, September 1 through Monday, November 9. Why November 9th? Oh yeah, the Election is November 4th…….

With all the computer programs out there it would be really smart to set-up a permanent system of teaching online and bypass the entire Public School system.

An entrepreneur could design something very cool to bypass the Commies and Socialists and yet provide socialization for the kids. Create pods instead of classrooms. Satellite instead of schools. Then use the courts to have the local and state pay for the service because the kids would all be dis-enrolled from Public school. Because schools are not open. Someone/something else will always fill the vacuum.

This is an opportunity to make a huge change!

• I Hear You Now says:

Donna: Actually, just so you don’t miss it 🙂

The Election is Tuesday, Nov 3 2020 🙂

• Irisheyes says:

Donna, most communities of any size already have home school co-ops. These provide a way to spread out teaching responsibilities, and greatly increase socialization – think along the lines of the old-fashioned one room school house. Larger co-ops even have competitive sports teams.

If you don’t find one already operating in your town, start one!

• Donna in Oregon says:

Sorry I missed the question. Apologies.

Where would I live? I guess my post above is the best way to describe my feelings about America right now.

I am not committed to a physical place, I am committed to freedom.

In areas where there is fire danger or earthquakes (West Coast), I noticed that in the rural areas many homes have an RV on the property. Leave at a moment’s notice.

In an emergency, always be ready. Have an emergency kit and an emergency plan. In the home and vehicle(s). Have a security plan for everyone in the family.

I think of American life as a Florida hurricane. Crossfire Hurricane….. These pr*cks do whatever they want and the way to stop them is known to all. Just waiting.

California and New York (the Left Coasts) have spread like cancer to the Conservative states and cities. They’ve moved in and like the locusts, and the other scourges the book of Revelation talked about they have destroyed American life.

Just waiting. Patience.

WE KNOW…..

Get ready……

I am ready.

• TrumpPatriot says:

I was thinking of this. I just recently signed up for a free class on children’s literature through Hillsdale college, and I like the process, so I was thinking that if groups of parents put their heads together it might be a good time to break up the liberal teacher unions and decrease the cost of education which is such a waste of taxes.

Hills dale has a number of free classes. Heck it out!

14. maggie0987 says:

My hubby is away at golf so I have some time to myself………
    I happened to find CTH March 31, 2011, (in the archives) – look at this article!!

“I’m REALLY starting to like Donald Trump…
    Posted on March 31, 2011 by sundance
    Maybe it’s because I’ve been in a foul mood over the past several days watching this ridiculous Capitol Hill Budget-Cutting circus between the whining Demonrats and the pussified Republicans,…. Or maybe because I’m sick of watching Pantsuits and Obama justify a war of stupidity that is going to end up empowering more radical islamists…not sure. I generally thought of Donald Trump as a condescending, arrogant, rich guy jerk. But I’m giving him credit now for having the flippin’ “balls” to stand on a simple principle. I’m not stupid, and something about the flippin’ birth certificate issue ain’t been sitting good with me for a while. But I generally just blew it off because I didn’t want to get bogged down or distracted by it.

But, now that I feel ready for a damn fight. I’m rooting for THE DONALD to keep beating the progs over the head with an issue I don’t give a hoot about. Go, Donald, Go….. You might never get my vote but you’ve got my support right now.”

Man, are we in the best place, or what??

• Jan says:

Maggie, you may never vote for Pres. Trump??? There is NO ONE in the world who could withstand the attacks & assaults rendered against him 24/7 by his own party & the Democratsor have the nerve to take down the Deep State/Swamp.

If you vote for ANY Democrat at any level, you are signing our death warrants. If you don’t vote, you voted Democrat.

We are no longer in the “if they can do this to the President, they can do it to us” phase. They are doing it to us, and “they” are ALL DEMOCRATS.

We have barely survived the 1st shutdown & many, many people, myself included, did not get badly needed medical care during the shutdowns. And testing, appointments, treatments, & surgeries are backlogged. 60% of small businesses country-wide are not going re-open. And Democrat Governors & mayors are working to prevent our economic recovery, & Pelosi/Schumer want to spend a trillion dollars to bail blue states & blue cities out of their bad decisions for the last 30 yrs.

So you might want to rethink this vote thing before Nov. 3.

• slowcobra says:

Jan, re-read the opening of maggie’s post. She was quoting a 2011 article by sundance.

• maggie0987 says:

Jan….. It is actually quite amusing that you thought it was ME writing in live time!
          Look at the content of the 2011 (!) article – it could easily be today! It is the same old same old by a uniparty crowd of RINOs and Dems.
          p.s. I am Canadian so, unfortunately, cannot vote for PDJT but we do have a son working his way thru the GreenCard system – we will be his ‘Anchor Babies.’ (ha ha)

15. Alligator Gar says:

A quote I saw once and wrote down. Unattributed from my source: “Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the decision that something is more important than fear.”

Man is born in liberty but is everywhere in chains.

Let’s ride!

16. Bethany Beach says:

It is ironic that Dr. Fauci spent so much time encouraging Americans to follow his Wuhan Virus recommendations so that we could “flatten the curve”. Well, there is another curve that RATs, PROGs and LIBs also want to flatten: the Normal Distribution Curve. This curve may be applied to any object that can be measured, e.g., height of a large enough population/sample to represent all American women. When you transition the Normal Distribution Curve to assess political power (all political offices in our country, some more weighty than others, but all important nonetheless), it is apparent that the process is well underway to flatten the plus/+ side of the curve (with limited and selective choices in positions of enduring political power) and to inflate the negative/- side of the curve and populate it with with people who retain limited or no political power. The desired look will closely mirror what has happened to societies and cultures that have lost their self-governance and identify and morphed into Totalitarian states. Are we not seeing evidence of such practices being endorsed and enforced in our country, right now, here, today?

17. Zephyrbreeze says:

Willing to crawl over broken glass if necessary.

18. Deplore Able says:

Freedom is the only choice for us.

However, I would like to share an observation of my dear father, a cold war warrior, who never voted for a Democrat in his long life. My father worked for a major corporation in the military industrial complex and sold weapons systems to governments allied with the USA. He traveled around the world.

My father told me that the level of freedom enjoyed by the citizens of the countries he visited is inversely proportional to the risks experienced by those countries. Thus, the state of Israel, surrounded by enemies on every side, with the constant risk of terror attacks from within, subjected its citizens to surveillance and subjected them to questioning and frisking that Americans would never tolerate.

South Korea, which was always at risk from the North, also had less freedom. Japan on the other hand faced no imminent danger and was more free.

America has the great benefit of huge oceans on both flanks, a friendly nation to the north and a nation to the south that presents no risk.

• “Huge oceans on both flanks” are of no practical value to the USA anymore. The enemy is here NOW, walks among us, and already has taken control of both east and west coasts and nearly all forms of media. Mazzie Hirono and Kamala Harris are US Senator, and you and I are not. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, Adam Schiff and Gerald Nadler are members of the US Congress, and we are not.

“We taken care of everything,
      The words you hear, the songs you sing,
      The pictures that give pleasure to your eye.
      It’s one for all, and all for one
      We walk together, Common sons
      Never need to wonder how, or why.”

19. Kaco says:

I don’t know to what degree is the freedom? Complete anarchy? If it is within a Christian community with good morals and values, then I’d take the freedom of living among them, I’d feel safe because I feel like the people there could be trusted to do the right thing. Where I grew up, it felt pretty free, there were no issues. If it’s “free” like the CHOP/CHAZ “autonomous zone”, then no thanks! The people in parts of Chicago are pretty free to shoot each other up without consequence, but I wouldn’t want to want to live among that type of “freedom”.

I’d rather live in the countryside in that picture than within the cold steely city locked down. I would always pick nature and the great outdoors over the city, and feel free while living there among a like minded people, if we were left to ourselves.

20. Zephyrbreeze says:

The Price of Liberty only Increases
    the Longer we Tolerate it’s Violation – KrisAnn Hall

21. TMonroe says:

“Where would you choose to live… safe or free?”

Within the repeated theme in Scripture of being called out of Egypt is the choice of leaving a life that appears safe on the physical level. Along its narrow kingdom up and down the Nile, Ancient Egypt evidently offered food, jobs and fields with advancement, scientific breakthroughs and the “wisdom of Egypt” (cf. Acts 7:22), and even offerings of religion to a variety of man-made idols and images. Those who dare to deviate from any of that risked having the essentials imperiled.

The pull of the framework offered is evident in the number of times the Israelites bemoaned their fate, despising their supernatural provision: “Now the mixed multitude who were among them yielded to intense craving; so the children of Israel also wept again and said: “Who will give us meat to eat? We remember the fish which we ate freely in Egypt, the cucumbers, the melons, the leeks, the onions, and the garlic; but now our whole being is dried up; there is nothing at all except this manna before our eyes!”” (Numbers 11:4-6).

Note that the children of Israel (evidently spurred on in part by the ‘mixed multitude’ in their midst) did not remember that life back in Egypt meant death by royal decree to every male baby (cf. Exodus 1:16), with the rulers making their lives “bitter with hard bondage” (cf. Exodus 1:14). As with other generations, we are now apparently moving to a place where the question of safety or freedom from the bondage of a land of idols and artifice is becoming more and more relevant. People are weighing their access to food, care, what they’ve worked for, feel they are entitled to, paid into etc.

When you look at China, they are further down the road. There, you can have a version of religion for now, just as long as it has the proper removal of certain things and insertion of other things. Any deviation can be concluded as action against the state, for which there are penalties in terms of access to employment, care, and so forth. There, people are making the choices, and people are standing and making their call.

As more and more institutions, including religious ones here, are being shaped by certain priorities, we’re invited to make the call a little ahead of the curve than some places, and there’s no time like the present. Note that Abram/Abraham’s father set out for Canaan but settled short of it and Haran and died there (Genesis 11:31-32), and also recall the choices of Lot who literally dwelled in the land of Sodom and Gomorrah. As Jesus said in Luke 17:32 amidst a reply to a question concerning the arrival of the kingdom of God, “Remember Lot’s wife.”

22. Garrison Hall says:

In the 60’s I considered myself to be a member of the hard left. I was fortunate enough to find myself at a major university which afforded me the time to embark on a period of deliberate and intense study which led me to reject socialism in it’s various forms and embrace conservatism. My litmus test for political allegiance has always been quite simple. I just ask myself and others the following question: “Will this provide the maximum amount of liberty and freedom”? When you believe in the value of that question and apply it diligently it never fails to separate truth from falsehood.

• Garrison Hall says:

You cannot be truly safe if you are not free.

• Papoose2007 says:

That’s exactly how I feel. As a natural born American, I feel neither safe nor free. I believe my birthright as a sovereign person has been stolen. I have become a subject and I’m willing to bet that we citizens are nothing more than a barcode sitting in a slot somewhere in the NSA complex. They probably have everything you bought at the CVS today and everything you ever bought anywhere by inserting the chip to pay stored in your “cell”. Etcetera.

Try to make me believe this pandemic isn’t something orchestrated. It’s just as ridiculous as required ID to vote is racist and oppressive. And universal mail-in voting… don’t get me started. LOL

Trump 2020 and God help him. God help us all. We’ve been Coup’d.

23. Ausonius says:

One of the most powerful movies ever made:

• Right to reply says:

Indeed! The English have no idea that they live in a Socialist state still run by the landed gentry. The same gentry which did that to Scotland, and murdered and starved the Irish. They like to sing “Britons never will be slaves”, but they were always slaves. Their greatest chance for freedom was after the second world war, but they gave it up for the “FREE” NHS and “FREE” government controlled education. The word “FREE” does not equal FREEDOM. Too late for them now. Let us not make the same mistakes.

24. lolli says:

I will choose liberty over the Gates vaccine.
    That will be the choice, IMO.
    I guess I need to move. 😢

25. Masooch says:

I guess I don’t what to think of all this. I have a question for you all. Do you really think it will come this? Will the country really fall into Civil War? What does that look like? I don’t own a gun, never really needed one or so I thought. I am not trained to fight. I have always trusted God to take care of me and my family. I am considering buying another refrigerator and a generator, but I am have hoping I don’t need it. Wondering what you think? What are other people doing? I live in a nice suburb, never really had any problem. Okay that was more than one question

• Henry says:

Most won’t care.
      Most won’t fight.
      Most would rather die than fight.
      A lot but suddenly become pacifist because the Bible. You know the book they never read.
      And a lot but find themselves liars because they’re not as brave as they thought they were.

And quite a lot and probably hide behind their women?

• lolli says:

Masooch🇺🇸

IMO, it’s not a true civil war. The division is intentional to distract us from our true enemy, the corrupt govt. if all groups united, they would be in trouble.

International groups are paid to overthrow govts. (Antifa). This is their intent. But, first they create division and hatred among the people. Our masters want us fighting each other so they can take over.
      This is the plan. Has been for years. One World Order. Agenda 21. Whatever.

They just needed covid to lock us down, to force the Gates injections, to keep us apart and break us down

The question is, will we stand up? At this point, we have little to loose. If we don’t, the Republican is over.
      Read General Flynn’s letter. He asks us to save the Republic.

Again, just my opinion.

• Masooch…..in my opinion, we have been in civil war for a very long time already. Covertly, elements who seek control have infiltrated the various agencies to obtain the levers of power they seek.
      Wars are not always fought with fists or guns. There will be places of value for any who wish to stand on one side or the other, as the “war” is played out on so many levels of existence. Keyboard warriors is one example, the information war has been in full play for a very very long time, ramping up exponentially since Trump took office. If you trust God, then PRAY, it is another way to help.

• amjean says:

I live in a nice, middle class suburb too; Naperville, Illinois.
      There were marches; then came the Black Lives Matter
      crew, smashing windows, looting a few stores downtown
      and the mayor taking a knee. A person was stabbed.

Believe me; they are coming for all of us in the suburbs.
      For, if it can happen in Naperville, it can happen anywhere.

• Siege Perilous says:

Hello Masooch, first off I am not American, but if I where I would most definitely get a gun, I grew up out in the sticks and do have knowledge of weapons, at least those allowed over in my neck of the woods.

Learn how to use them properly, physically and mentally.

As to your questions, from a distant observer, parts of your country are already in a state of civil war virtually, others less so.

It could degenerate further yes and will if the left can not steal the upcoming election.

It looks a lot like what you are already seeing on TV, but instead it will be happening outside your front door or worse inside it, random murders, lynchings etc etc except it will probably be people you know doing it.

It is no better here in the UK, the veneer of civilisation has been worn down so that only a last gossamer remains of it, practically an illusion rather than an extant fact anymore.

Plan a route of escape to the best rural/family/mountainous place you can.

Not an urban destination though I would say.

The roads would be snafu so work it out by foot not vehicle, worst case and all that.

Walk this route, as the crow flies the fastest way on foot to get out of your town/city.

Learn the basics of navigation.

Keep your wits about you, should it truly go south, get your stuff and leave, destination of your choice.

Should you be set upon, keep your back to a solid object or a person you trust implicitly and give it out as hard as is humanly possible, should you get an oppurtunity to high tail it safely do so, if not reinforce your position and cycle your options until you can get the hell out of it.

Definitely get the generator and certainly get go bags organised ( bedding, food, batteries, bandages, maps etc ).

This is what my family, extended and all have organised, I pray I never have recourse to use it but should I have need to it is there for me to do so, minus the guns alas for my part, however I know how to make bows, spears etc and a baseball bat is never a bad item to have around.

• VandalizeDuhMastuhsAlgorithms says:

Amen to all that.

And maybe, just maybe a small inflatable sailboat and/or small outboard motor to retrace to Viking explorers… The Hebrides, Iceland , onto Greenland if necessary and if possible, eventual landfall somewhere along the coast of Newfoundland.

Masooch, for sheer usefulness and adaptability, it’s hard to beat a .22lr caliber rifle.

Good ones can be had for less than $200.00; ammo currently goes for about $30.00 or so for a brick if 500 rounds.

They have very littlevrecoil, not real noisy and countless children of 5-6 years old have brought home a squirrel rabbit with one of these.

While they lack the punch of say a 9mm pistol or the range of a deer rifle, I would not want to state down this barrel. Up close it would be deadly enough for most home invasion scenarios.

“A small gun you know and trust is far better than no gun at all.”

Thank you for asking these questions.

Even Christ advised his disciples to take a sword with them on one of their missionary tours. But yes, I feel He most often taught the ideal of, “Peter put your sword away” – Garden of Gethsemane

• John Good says:

I can personally attest to the power of a 22LR Hollow Point, as back in 68′ I was shot in the head in a hunting accident with one!

I almost didn’t make it, had to endure yrs. of operations & therapy & I am still disabled on my right side at age 66.

IF they allowed guns in Canada, I would get myself a revolver that shot 22LR’s! That’s all you need, if you aim for the face!

• I lived in a ‘nice suburb’ in a very nice subdivision with a strict HOA (Karens) and relative security. Around ’12 or ’13 it began to feel like living on an island with the sea beginning to encroach on us. The feeling only intensified over the next few years with big city (Houston) urbanization seemingly picking up speed. So, after 35yrs worth of household, we picked up and moved to small town of ~20k in NW Florida in ’16. Best move we ever made!

26. Too much “safety” breeds complacency and apathy. Our nation’s current state is a result.
    A thing worth having, is worth fighting for.

I choose FREEDOM – as “safe” isn’t something that can ever be guaranteed. By anyone.

27. gpatriae says:

Free…

28. USA Citizen says:

The Peaceful Protesters continue to destroy many states, all ruled by Democrats. One of their chants is “Every City, Every Town, Burn the Buildings to the ground.” That is peaceful??? I don’t think so. Joe Biden thinks these are peaceful protesters. Vote for President Trump and stop the Democrat protesters who are not the (Black Lives Matter). They are paid criminals, paid by the Democrat Party to destroy our country. The Democrats want to make this a Socialist/Communist country like China, that will take away our freedom and our jobs.

29. USA Citzen says:

The Democrats are hiding Former Vice President, Joe Biden in his basement and don’t even want him to debate with President Donald J. Trump. This has never happened in our country and people should demand that former Vice President Joe Biden debate with President Trump, so the people can see if Joe Biden is capable to be President. We can’t have a President that has Alzheimer to be our President. Vote for President Trump on November 3, 2020 to be our President again for 4 more years and keep our country safe, free and working.

30. joseywalesandtenbearsbarandgrill says:

No doubt we’re at the CrossRoads. Saddle Up. The Corruption within the USG is off the chart. It didn’t start with Obama but he and Soros really turned on the jets in those 8 years. The character of those in congress is below any used car salesman that I have ever met. Most every person in both chambers are owned by some group and it shows.

31. Made in the USA says:

I am an outlier. I chose freedom and safety decades ago.

32. VandalizeDuhMastuhsAlgorithms says:

From 1st Peter 2:

5 you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

16 Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants[d] of God

24 He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.

You may have open this picture up in a photo editor program to see this, but when I noticed a couple of years ago. And today again, it sends an amazing signal to me.

If you expand the picture enough, along the extreme right margin, about half way up – notice the log/timber building at the peak of the hill?

It’s a chapel of some sort.

Now do you see the Cross?

To me that explains everything.

Like the Pilgrims must have felt worshiping , surviving, that first deadly winter of 1620/21.

Leaving every other thing behind other than what they carried with them.

33. Thomas Pritchard says:

“From my cold dead hands”!
    Comes to mind.God bless the second amendment.

34. A Fortified City says:

We got stand up for what is right, for those who have a clear view of what is right, good and just we have an obligation to stand. I’m not sure at this point what all that entails but we gotta be ready, we gotta have that mindset to stand whatever the cost. So far, what I have been able to see is that things that are important don’t come easily, they are not free. Freedom cost and the maintenance of freedom has a price. We have have not been insuring our freedoms and now it’s all come due.

35. longtimereader says:

free

36. rixsix says:

I’m a nonconformist, anti-establishment, self-reliant, risk taking independent individual, I’m not compatible with anything less than liberty.

37. John L says:

Does anyone know the title of that artwork, and the person making it? I’ve seen it several times in the past, but never knew who did it.

• TrumpPatriot says:

Do you mean John McLaughton? Add the dot com to the last name and he has a website. There are two of his paintings that give me chills, but only one in my budget so far. He also has a book of his paintings, and a short time ago you could download it free, and it is wonderful!

38. Buster says:

Today was a good day.

My older sister came for a visit. We ate breakfast and went to a local consignment store to “look around” and then ate lunch and went for a drive in the countryside – visiting the graves of loved ones – before going to the grocery store for supper fixins’.

It was such a good day – a good, good day – perfect weather – driving on country roads amongst bright green crops in farming country – and peace-filled stops in local cemeteries where our loved ones rest.

A drive that brought her happy memories to spoken words and left me emotional.

We had a few conversations with other locals about the state of our nation.

Believe it or not, I am certain that most people know the facts and realize we are in deep trouble in this country.

My sister has lived her entire life in this small town. I left and had the opportunity to explore the world – but returned a few years ago due to God’s Providence.

Believe me – there is no place like home.

This town was an economically advanced community. We had a factory where most people worked.

And those that didn’t reaped the benefit of a home town factory that paid it’s employees a fair wage – and the means to build houses and buy groceries and other needs and wants – and establish a fine school system that included championship basketball teams.

We had it made. We really had it made. I cannot say that enough. Honestly, we were not unique. All small towns in our region could tell the same story.

Then – during the late sixties, we began to be “educated” about the “benefits” of a global economy. The factory had some components made in other countries – components that were shipped here for final assembly.

In a span of 10-20 years, our factory closed and so did the small factories in every town nearby. Local businesses died. Church membership drastically declined.

Main street became boarded up store fronts – and few people knew one another’s names much less their people.

It hurts my heart to walk these streets and remember who lived where. I know what they did for a living and their children’s names and where they went to church.

We knew each other – knew as a past tense now. I recognize very few people.

I pray that The Lord God will lead someone to discover this town.

I pray God will give them the deepest desire to open a factory here – a place people will be proud to work. A place where people want to work.

I pray this community will have a love for one another and a reliance on one another – a reliance based on concern for one another.

I pray our school will rise to the occasion with providing an education based on factual history – while fostering an appreciation for the past while encouraging dreams for tomorrow.

I pray that our churches will do as the Bible says:
    “Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.”
    Jeremiah 6:16a KJV

Rest for our souls.

How pleasing and reassuring are those words.

Even so Lord Jesus – provide us the strength and courage to do what we must to further Your Kingdom on this earth. Give us oil in our lamps and keep them burning. Let us do all, Lord and even so, remain standing. In Jesus’ name we pray it. Amen.
    (See Matthew 25 and Ephesians 6:13)

• Verboten says:

I loved this, your memories and your adult view of the changes in your beloved hometown. Wishing I had grown up in your town. I pray for the same things.

39. LibertyOrDeath says:

Dangerous freedom, thank-you very much. That metal city in the picture looks claustrophobia-inducing and dead.

I didn’t sign up for this tyrannical version of America and I don’t want that to be the future. This particular member of the governed does NOT give her consent. I’m doing my best to live the way Americans were meant to – in freedom – and encouraging anyone I talk to along the same lines. I’m not sure what it’s going to take to defeat this, but I’m ready and waiting to serve the cause.

40. bulwarker says:

A decade ago the Democrat party wasn’t advocating for the abolishment of police departments. Safe is no longer the other choice. It’s freedom or fear.

41. wyoskeptic says:

So, I think it is time for some Toby Keith / Willie Nelson:

Well a man come on the 6 o’clock news
    Said somebody’s been shot, somebody’s been abused
    Somebody blew up a building, somebody stole a car
    Somebody got away, somebody didn’t get too far yeah
    They didn’t get too far

Grandpappy told my pappy, back in my day, son
    A man had to answer for the wicked that he done
    Take all the rope in Texas find a tall oak tree,
    Round up all them bad boys hang them high in the street
    For all the people to see

That justice is the one thing you should always find
    You got to saddle up your boys, you got to draw a hard line
    When the gun smoke settles we’ll sing a victory tune
    And we’ll all meet back at the local saloon
    We’ll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing
    Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

We got too many gangsters doing dirty deeds
    Too much corruption, and crime in the streets
    It’s time the long arm of the law put a few more in the ground
    Send ’em all to their maker and he’ll settle ’em down
    You can bet he’ll set ’em down

‘Cause justice is the one thing you should always find
    You got to saddle up your boys, you got to draw a hard line
    When the gun smoke settles we’ll sing a victory tune
    We’ll all meet back at the local saloon
    And we’ll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing
    Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses
    Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

You know justice is the one thing you should always find
    You got to saddle up your boys, you got to draw a hard line
    When the gun smoke settles we’ll sing a victory tune
    And we’ll all meet back at the local saloon
    And we’ll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing
    Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses
    Singing whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

Me thinks it is gettin’ close to that time all right. Too many big cities are gonna go down if nothing’s done and for some, it is gonna take vigilantes or militias to bring around any sort of order. I hate to see it, but when your government, local or federal, refuses to do the expected job of keeping people safe, then it is up to the people to see to it themselves.

As it stands now, too many politicians are only in it for themselves, for all the money they can claim, steal or misdirect, so there is no relying on them. And there are those in places of power who would rather see it all come tumbling down instead of doing anything at all to fix it.

So who is left? The people and it is getting close to the time when the people have to do the job that all those others won’t. Let the “Karens” and all the other virtue signalers stand on the side lines, there are more than enough of us to do the job they fear to touch.

Yeah. Nearly time to saddle up and no saddle is worth its name without a coil of rope hanging from beside the saddle horn, a carbine riding in the scabbard, and plenty of ammo in the saddle bags.

• Verboten says:

Love your comments. I live in Wyoming too. The people where I live love their masks, love looking so virtuous and they really hate me for not ever wearing one. It has always been very hard to live here financially and heck,THE WEATHER! …it is the worst. But now, it’s like there is no good reason left at all to live here..

My maskless family and I will do what we can. I come here to actually hear from sane people like you, and recharge some spirit. Lord have mercy upon us.

• wyoskeptic says:

I have yet to wear a mask and to get me into one, heck, have you ever tried stuffing an alley cat in a burlap bag? Some of the big chain stores have gone to “Gotta wear a mask. Period.” My answer, given as politely as I can: “Well, there is nothing in your store I need.” So I patronize all the local stores that do not require one. I will continue to do so once this feardemic is past. As for anyone looking at me, I don’t even notice, but then I have never been much of one to care what others think of me. As long as I am doing what I feel to be right, then what others do is up to them.

Do understand two things, though it is tough at times, you are not alone and you are not out numbered. It may seem like you are alone and out numbered, but that is simply because those who are on the sane side of things maintain a low profile and more often than not, do not congregate together the way those others seem to immediately flock together. I think those others do so because they need other peoples’ validation, they need other people telling them they are right and doing everything “correctly”.

Keep alert, stay aware, and out of the direct line of fire. This will end, as the saying goes “… and this too shall pass.” Do what you can, when you can, where you can and that will be enough. If nothing else at all, don’t let them get to you, don’t let them get under your skin, and at the end, keep smiling and going on about your business. That is the best way to defeat those who want to ruin your life.

42. Conundrum says:

May we have all the success of the English archers at Agincourt.

May the Deep State sink into the mud like the armored French brought down by the weight of the crimes they bear.

We are ready Sundance.

43. avocadodipp says:

Heck, I can’t handle wearing a mask, anymore – I want to go in and sit at McDonald’s, have a cup of coffee, and mooch off their Internet. I want to start my jam sessions at my home with other FREAKIN’ PEOPLE without the Corona police coming down on me. I’m tired of this nonsense – so is everyone I talk to… FREEDOM!

I know that isn’t what sundance is talking about, but if the Dems take control – Holy Cow! We’re doomed! I’m in a Democrat-run state (for now). Count me in!

I’m in East Kentucky – everyone I talk to knows what’s going on. I have never seen so many people “fully aware” – and they are pissed off.

44. John Davis says:

Co-witness history.

45. erm9164 says:

In the 72 years of my life,36 of them in the suburbs north of NYC(when I moved in 1984 NY gave its electoral votes to Ronald Reagan) and currently my 36th year on the beach in South Carolina,I have always felt both safe and free(you can evacuate in case of a hurricane).Until now. I no longer feel free with restrictions imposed by my local and state governments,and I no longer feel safe because of the unrestricted power of my country’s intelligence agencies to destroy the lives of people with whom they disagree politically.I am becoming more and more an angry person due to the efforts by marxists /leftists/socialists/Democrats to transform the country I love into a third world banana republic.I am constantly on edge,waiting to be confronted because I refuse to wear a mask,or because of my Trump 2020 tee shirts.I have become much more aggressive in arguing with family,friends and neighbors over political issues.I made a fist and cussed out a woman who stuck her finger in my face because I didn’t wear a mask,and harangued a Walmart manager over their mandatory mask policy(and I don’t even shop there).I have become resigned to feeling this way because this may be the way we must feel and act in order to be free,safe,and save our country from destruction.

46. mamadogsite says:

Not one Democrat has condemned Antifa. Not one. They only give lip service to the Constitution for votes.

I truly think the Democrat party is the new Communist party…the Democrat party is dead. From its ashes the new American Communist party has arisen.

I think they are going to run Michelle Obama as Biden’s VP. The beginning of the end of America?

I think not.

47. DiogeneseVindicated says:

If I choose to lay dormant in cause to preserve that which I have been gifted with the entirety my life here in this great nation, to refuse action in passing on to the next generation that which I have enjoyed, been blessed with, benefited from and nurtured onto by her promise, hope, tears and tribulations, then whoa is me and may God save me from eternal damnation. But I can and will choose differently.

48. the phoenix says:

So basically, when anyone says to us, “Stay safe!”
    We can reply, “Be free!”

49. 4EDouglas says:

Just saw The Space X launch of another Starlink -success.
    Here is a Newer (post Trump election ) NASA video in “Risk is our Business”
    Note: no moslems were outreached in this video.) Take it away Cap’n Kirk.:

We cannot lose this country.