August 4th – 2020 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #1293

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Kayleigh McEnany Twitter @PressSec

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,171 Responses to August 4th – 2020 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #1293

1. Locusts plunder crops in southwest China

“Aug. 4 (UPI) — Swarms of locusts have destroyed crops in China’s southwestern Yunnan Province, as the country braces for more flooding in other regions.
    “The Forestry Department of Yunnan Province said farmers in Pu’er, a city in the province, and other areas have reported severe damage to crops over nearly 40 square miles of land, China Central Television and Xinhua news agency reported Tuesday.
    “The locusts have caused trouble for Chinese farmers every summer for the past three years, according to Caixin Global. But the damage that began in July was on a “scale not seen in years,” the report says, quoting farmers in the province.”
    ~
    “Farmers in southwest China are struggling with locusts at a time when the country is coping with heavy rains, with more torrential downpours expected in the coming days.”
    __________________________________________
    TikTok seems to be the least of China’s problems right now.

• Carrie says:

It’s a disaster of biblical proportions in China right now!

• annieoakley says:

China has had 40+days of rain. Biblical flooding. CCP has let loose all kinds of water at 3 Gorges Dam. Farmland downstream has been sacrificed to save Wuhan (among other cities). People are getting really angry while CCP loses it’s mind over South China Sea and other adventures. It snowed in Bejing on July 30-31. CCP is threatening Taiwan, taking over HK, and the corn supply from last year is rotten and molded. They are in big trouble. Flood victims who lost everything received $1.32 from the CCP.

• Betty says:

Here is an interesting speculation. A week or so ago I started reading about that dam moving in Wuhan and their plague (bubonic?) and remembered some history I had read about how ancient Chinese dynasties changed. It was usually caused by natural disasters and the people said the Dynasty had lost the favor of heaven and so needed to go.

So I started writing comments saying the CCP had lost the favor of heaven , and that was what all the bad omens were signaling, and worse the CCp had lost the respect of all the nations of the world. Stuff like that, when I got a chance and for sure when ever there was a story about the rain and that big dam.

I thought if those arrogant bastards were spying on us as much as people say they are – I wanted to spook them good.

And low and behold, last week Diane Feinstein issued a statement that China was growing into a respectable nation among other nations. Can you believe that?

• nervecellguy says:

Add this to the disastrous swine flu and avian flu….

• Robert Smith says:

And, still, the Communist party is the worst affliction of all.

2. Carrie says:

What’s going on in Portland??? Like David Bowie said- Chchchanges!

3. Carrie says:

Hispanics are not warming up to BLM- in fact all other minority groups smell it for the rotten egg that it really is…

• Ray Runge says:

Please know that Mexican immigrants are the small businessmen in the land scaping and construction trades. Self reliant people.

4. Carrie says:

What’s this? DeBlasio using extortion techniques to get federal aid? Color me shocked!

5. WhiteBoard says:

03.17.17 marks the documented start of Evidence of Fabricating evidence to reverse an election.

03/17/17 is the stamp on the FISA document released with the DOJ 2018 release. An original copy was never released, instead the leaked fisa was released.

This 3.17.17 document was the Russian Allegation with Trump document that started the media and congress calling for Mueller in April 2016. all the odd outcomes for ndictments that ended with small sentences or things let go were solely the Result of Mueller/Weisman team running the DOJ.

6. Carrie says:

Beirut footage

7. Legion of One says:

Trump’s Description To Lou Dobbs Of Durham’s Findings

• ziegler von strahn says:

Trump said he didn’t want to “get overly involved” in the Durham review but expects a dramatic conclusion to the investigation of the investigators.

“I do hear it is breathtaking what they found. That’s all I can say, breathtaking. And hopefully it will come out soon. But it is beyond what anybody ever thought even possible,” the president said.
      ~~~~~

Sundance, is that you? *grins*

8. VandalizeDuhMastuhsAlgorithms says:

Yeah, maybe it’s come to this…
    Daring to bare your nose in public may just be the new Thing…

Ya know, turn the ,

My Body parts, my choice ,

thing right around.

9. Ackman419 says:

I’m betting that:
    A nation, or a faction, coordinated the stock pile of AN.
    Bribes paid.
    Look the other way, while tons of explosives are concentrated in a port city warehouse.
    This wasn’t an accident.
    This was a bombing.

10. oldjunkfixer says:

its going to be really hard to get the message out on the internet
    I drop red pills about the Covid Fraud
    and my scummy dictator Goofytoothed governor almost daily on my local patch news comments
    its to the point now I’m such a thorn in their side
    that administration is messing with my account and me
    putting words praising Biden to my account and when I respond or edit they will delete any come back I have.
    they are censoring me and I know its from who is running the place
    I think we are going to see more of this as more truth comes out and we get closer to the election
    my cold anger is red hot !!!

11. Trump interview on Dobbs tonight:

12. tuskyou says:

On my way home from work I saw Pray For America signs in 2 yards. Hadn’t seen them before and it took me by surprise (a pleasant surprise). Getting one for my front yard- I found them here: https://afastore.net/i-pray-for-america-yard-signs-one-sign

13. Troublemaker10 says:

Good grief.

————

Democrats’ ‘War Game’ for Election Includes West Coast Secession, Possible Civil War

14. Dan Dan says:

ICYMI – FYI – Cam of George Floyd Hidden by States Attorney General leaked to foreign press

15. northwoodswatcher says:

THE WAY WE PERCEIVE AND MANAGE RISK is at the heart of covid-19.

RISK PERCEPTION AND MANAGEMENT is the fulcrum of difference between those with a Free America outlook and those who believe Communism Rules.

Freedom speaks for itself. It’s the juice pulsating across our founding documents.

Republicans revel in freedom and the fruits of a person’s labor, or ought to.

Communists (aka the demonRATs) revile freedom and demand submission.

Communism operates from this belief: “I am too dumb to lead my own life. I require my betters to lead me. I pledge to obey and trust that my elites will enforce equality of result among all members of the collective.”

I highly doubt you would hear that sort of pledge around a war council fire of Abenaki warriors in late 1700s New England, when they were being squeezed by the forces of the French and British battling for control of North America. Or did it take a village?

In colonial America of that era, the superstar exalted in the circa 1759 Rupert Murdoch media was a Scots-Irish provincial named Robert Rogers (https://tinyurl.com/y25gcurk).

Major Rogers today is celebrated as the spiritual father of U.S. Special Forces, and thus was somewhat acquainted with risk — although certainly even in the Battle on Snowshoes he never faced a foe as terrifying as covid-19.

Actually, Rogers’ sobriquet should be shared by Captain Benjamin Church (https://tinyurl.com/y5wnjxdk), father of the American rangers, and key figure in the victory of the northern colonies over the combined Indian forces, who, in 1675-76, almost starved out New England and pushed its residents into the sea.

Risky business, that.

Provincial American troops of those years would hardly know how to deal with a coronavirus. They were too busy being inoculated with live smallpox.

Rogers is the guy who opened up New England for settlement following his legendary St. Francis Raid. His retreat from Odanak, Quebec, is an epic example of managing risk (https://tinyurl.com/yyyaa3bc). His unit lost around 40 percent of its force, but apparently the folks of those days figured protecting their way of life was worth it.

Rogers also took a few risks in making a heroic march into the heart of the powerful tribes of the Northwest frontier (today’s Ohio, Michigan, etc.) to take the surrender of several key French forts at the end of the French & Indian War.

Do you think if we resurrected Church and Rogers they would have the slightest clue what a metrosexual is and why they bleat about staying six feet apart?

Church, Rogers, and the George Washington (https://tinyurl.com/y3t4pt8e) who accompanied the British on the ill-fated Braddock Expedition were the tough guys who founded America.

Yeah, if you explained covid-19, I’m sure they’d go along with closing all of the churches and school. No problem.

Oh, by the way — that massacre on the Braddock Road was populated by any number of risk-averse blokes (https://tinyurl.com/y3g9ujq9), like Daniel Boone, Daniel Morgan, Charles Lee, George Croghan, Thomas Gage, and Horatio Gates.

Naturally, after their little wilderness battle, these guys would have no worries, mate. After all, who’d risk life and limb without knowing that just a cellphone call away were Medevac helicopters and EMS ambulances filled with trauma kits, plasma, and antibiotics. Right.

Certainly, there was no risk involved in the Great Migration (https://tinyurl.com/yyy73att) over the Oregon Trail, right?

On the other hand, maybe Birx, Fauci, and Redfield never heard of the Oregon Trail — or any of the other risky adventures our forefathers took in forging America.

Maybe Birx, Fauci, Redfield and the rest of the crackbrain demonRAT mob that demands we trade freedom for the “safety’ of the elites aren’t the kind of people our forefathers would take a shine to.

Maybe instead we should be looking to the legacy of guys like astronaut Alan Shepard, who, when push came to shove, knew what to do with risk.

“Light this candle!” (https://tinyurl.com/yxjrbxl2), that Navy hotshot would shout in the face of ACTUAL risk.

As for covid-19, he might also shout: “The only mask I want to see is the one feeding me O2 as I lift off the deck of a carrier!”

Like Shepard, the only fever we ought to have today is Go Fever to open up America — and leave our risk aversion in the dust.

• Beau Geste says:

IIRC, the death rate was about 25% for the first settlers to the (now) US, and for those who first headed west in wagon trains, etc.

16. MaineCoon says:

Beirut explosion: Lebanon PM says those responsible for deadly blast will “pay the price” w/English subtitles.

17. Free Speech says:

Anybody dissatisfied that your tithes are going to truly serve God because your church organization has lost its way, listen to this interview:

These guys (Judd Saul and Trevor Loudon) truly have the information on how Marxism has infected Christian doctrines. But they are apparently a little short on funds. Consider donating.

• Raven says:

The body of believers at Grace Community Church in California have been meeting against dictator’s orders for the past two weeks. Both Sundays the service started with the congregation applauding when Pastor John MacArthur stood at the podium and called the church to worship the Lord, Jesus Christ.

The dictators are now talking about arresting John for holding church services; consequences he has been well aware of every step of this journey.

Grace Community Church has a statement on their website letting everyone know why they are once again meeting for God’s glory, along with a petition anyone can sign if they support what Grace Community Church is doing — gathering as Christians in the Name of the King of kings and Lord of lords, Jesus Christ.

If you are so inclined, please sign the letter of support at —

Thank you!

18. A2 says:

👇👎

19. A2 says:

Going to be top of the charts on CCP hits🤬

20. A2 says:

I’m having a laugh, but some American numpty will apply👇

21. Troublemaker10 says:

22. Troublemaker10 says:

23. A2 says:

👇👇 PRC temper tantrum 1..2..3 🤣

24. hawkins6 says:

This video demonstrates how terrifying the Beirut blast was for a family enjoying their home on a normal day.

25. FreedomLover says:

S**t is hitting the fan, finally. Donated $100 to Trump as positive feedback.

26. MVW says:

Leg deploy🚀⚙️/⬇️/🖼: https://t.co/2PA3ZTbsD4support me on patreon and help me get to more tests like this: https://t.co/QoawZ9ftWh pic.twitter.com/VXOgoV48m8— Trevor Mahlmann (@TrevorMahlmann) August 5, 2020

It is hard to digest, to comprehend all that is going on, there is so much negative, our very Republic is under assault from the Communist Democrat Party and allies, $BigGlobalCorporatations. It is a teeth rattling horror show.

What is incongruous that while this bonfire of our Country is going on that we just had a successful launch and return of a reusable rocket and capsule by SpaceX. But that is barely the tip of an iceberg of what is happening that likely few know. The above tweet shows the launch of a fully reusable prototype rocket’s second stage that is so massive that eventually it will hold 100 people.

This was the first time it was fired, the purpose was to ‘hop’ 500 feet up and land. First try was a success. Hardware proved. But more than that is that it is the proof of the rocket FACTORY, who’s purpose is to crank out rockets like cranking out cars.

Purpose? to put a million people on Mars. Take a breath. It is real, it is a breakthrough, the second stage bottom engine and tanks flew first try and landed. Size? Diameter is 30 feet. Combined height stacked on top of the first stage is 400 feet tall. And that is what the factory is being built to make and the second stage engine and tanks, the working part has just been flown.

The assembly building for the first stage is being erected now to assemble it, the first prototype by year’s end. Target is to launch to Mars by 2022.

So, when we get wrapped up in the insanity of the Communists and Globalist Corporate Demons, look up, because that is where we are really going and the little demons and gremlins have no place in that future. Their pea brains and screams belong only in dank caves away from sunlight.

27. Magabear says:

This makes me want to throw up. Please, someone get hold of our PDJT and tell him how bad an idea this is.

I feel like a schmuck for working. 😕

• lida rose says:

Really??
      My husband and I are quite thankful he has been able to work during all this.

Not everyone is in that position. A lot of people are out of work through no fault of their own.
      Our Country, Our President, Our Economy, Our Middle Class, Our Mom and Pop’s, Our Way of Life, etc
      are All under assault right now.

• jaxnix says:

Wow you get to work. Try some of the states with crazy totalitarian governors and mayors – people are not able to work in those states. While I think the extra $600 is excessive, I don’t think the majority of people can survive (read that pay their bills) on regular unemployment after this long. I am also PO’d about the number of small businesses that are closing — again because of irrational power hungry governors and mayors — zero money coming in there.

You should have some pride in yourself that you’re doing the right thing by working instead of being envious of short term money.

• Robert Smith says:

These massive $$$ packages are a political negotiation more so than CV relief. Democrats exposed this with no small business support and a $1 trillion plus state and local bailout. So Trump has to say what he has to. Trump has always said he is happy with direct payments to only citizens at the base of everything and that’s it. Yes, people need to get back to work but you shape this package as best you can.

28. Karla says:

Hi Treepers. I had a moment tonight while cleaning up dishes after a lovely hot link and bean casserole…yes, I may post on the recipe site as we get closer! I thought of all these families, stuck at home, working at home, educating at home, they must be so frustrated. All the money they spend on taxes, etc. This time is teaching them how great they are and can be. I hope in the long run, families, so dependent upon government, realize they can do it better and we need to change. I think we will learn lots of lessons from this period of time, like our ancestors. Sundance, forge on.

• Robert Smith says:

I do see people doing more “retro” things like walks and bike riding. I guess more family time is retro also these days. I see more of that in kids just playing around the house/block.

29. Pokey says:

Please, President Trump, no more solicitations coming from family members sent on fancy stationary. Your voters don’t want you to do all the really annoying things that all the politicians do to us every election cycle. I support you and will vote for you and will put signs in front back and sides of my house expressing to everyone that I want you to win. But I am probably not alone when I say that I ain’t got $100 to spend on a political campaign. Just saying that some of us voted for you because you didn’t try to take our hard earned money for your campaign. You spent your own money and got donations from people who could shell out a couple thousand bucks so they wouldn’t actually have to do anything to help you get elected.

Get the wall built, bring back our economy, and don’t send our kids off to fight needless wars and you will win the landslide we need you to win. God bless you for loving your country as much as we do and that is all I have to say about all that.

Oh, and fire that sorry Dr Fauci guy as soon as you can. He is a Clinton lover. ‘Nuff said.

TRUMP 2020 !

• sunnyflower5 says:

You know they’re negotiating.
      “Do you think people on unemployment should continue to get the extra $600 each week?”
      Trump responded, “Yeah. I want to get them. I want to get them a lot. And I want to — it’s not their fault.

• MAGADJT says:

Would you like some whine with your cheese? Give me a break. You should write an opinion piece for National Review.

• Pokey says:

Does this posting qualify as a virtue signal that you are a stauncher supporter of Trump than I am. If so, nicely done, and I appreciate your candor about my whining. It was effectively used for that purpose. If you do not like my posting and just want to correct my tone, I understand your need to be instructive where I am concerned and I also see my subservient position that obviously needs your instruction. Sheesh.

I believe PDJT reads many of our postings here and, when I address him in my post, I am not really expecting instructions on the subject matter.

30. tuskyou says:

Kris Kobach lost in today’s Kansas primary. Not sure if he was endorsed by POTUS but it looks like the voters chose the more moderate type.

31. Magabear says:

And you want to know why we’re not hearing many politicians fighting against face diapers? Polls. They fear polls.

I doubt the spread in these polls, but the fear mongering has been very effective.

32. A2 says:

🙏🙏

33. jay says:

Biden’s Hairy legs and roaches

I’ve seen this many times but I just noticed the body language and his pause.

Watch the body language- I looks like Biden is linking the children around him roaches.
    “I learned about roaches” he pauses, and looks at the children. Oooops! Then changes the subject to “love children jumping on my lap”.

34. islandpalmtrees says:

Are you surprised at Pelosi not wanting us to leave Afghanistan? Our soldiers die, many crippled. But their is this matter of 70 billion a year!

Pelosi, Neocons Unite to Keep U.S. in Afghanistan
    Curtis Ellis, The American Conservative July 30, 2020

Don’t Leave, I Want To Be Paid, By 21 Contractors!

Who profits from our new war? Inside NSA and private contractors’ secret plans
    A massive war operation is being waged to track and kill ISIS — and it’s a lot more than cruise missiles
    TIM SHORROCK
    SEPTEMBER 24, 2014 2:58PM (UTC)

35. rustybritches says:

The polls in Calif today shows that Biden has a 39% lead over the president, Sure hope that there are a few people in Calif that votes for President Trump. however does not look good even this time around for the Republicans Kris Kobach lost his bid for the senate and that makes me sad, I was really hoping he would win and another person that President Trump backed lost too another Rino
    I just hope that some of the people that was backed by McConnell will prove out in the end to at least back some of the Presidents agenda but if they are anything like McConnel they wont
    God bless President Trump and anyone who is against what he is doing right now just remember that with the masks He is really being pressured to lock down the econ again and he is fighting against doing that Everything is going much better than the dems want people to believe and he will continue to work on getting this Economy back on its feet and We just have to be there to help him I keep donating money and that’s the only way I can be of help to him and his admins

• Todd says:

The senate will remain in GOP hands. As for California I would like to see the how many more Dems than Republicans were counted. If we were ever going to take back California this is the year people out here are fed up! Can anyone believe that Biden is a winning candidate? Answer nope 👎 Even California can take only so much!

• Pokey says:

At this point, I am expecting at least 330 electoral votes for Trump, but I don’t see any coming from California yet. If we win there and in New York, this will be a landslide of Reagan proportions.