Sunday August 2nd – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

166 Responses to Sunday August 2nd – Open Thread

1. citizen817 says:

• j says:

Has a Mad Max feel to it –

• Toenail says:

This is a great example of freedom. Love it. I note that my likes are not being accepted today but maybe a reply will be.

• stripmallgrackle says:

I’ve seen comments about disabled likes here and there over the last year. Glitches happen, but it happened to me yesterday, and it looks like I’m not the only one. Ad Rem is fishing comments out of the bin at a record pace. WordPress isn’t scrolling back to posted comments after posting, and when I scroll manually, I can’t see what I posted. Something’s up with the platform, and right after Sundance’s recent consciousness raising tour.

Coincidence?

• Michael Fox says:

I’m thinking the EXACT same thing, Grackle.

Co-Inky-Dink? Nah. I don’t believe in ‘em. Obviously, you don’t either.

• Shark24 says:

Only in America. Love the song. Cheers!

• Janie M. says:

Shark24, I loved “Come A Little Bit Closer” and “Cara Mia” They were great. ❤️

• Janie M. says:

Just saw a YT video where Jay (Black) was on a PBS special (from approximately 2010) where he performed “Cara Mia” and at the AGE of 62, he was pitch perfect and hit all the high notes. Before he even completed the song, the audience was on its feet and loudly applauding. True talent.

• Janie M. says:

I probably shoulda included the YT video link for his performance, in the event you want to see him. He has a wonderful sense of humor.
            **https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oFW6rmtUXY**

2. Deplorable_Infidel says:

The Value Of One Individual Person

By Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

Just imagine! It had been three weeks since a big Air Force plane had disappeared over the Pacific with a crew of eight and a Navy enlisted man.

Now, in that general vicinity, the pilot of an Air Force cargo plane reported sighting a raft with one man standing up in it, waving for help.

Almost immediately the Air Force dispatched sixteen planes to the area and called upon all ships nearby to help, in the hope of finding this one man.

Again and again we have witnessed the almost unlimited effort and expense that men will go to to rescue even one of their fellowmen from death. This is as it should be, for it is only in this life that we can prepare for eternity and it is important that each of us should have the greatest possible opportunity to prepare, in case through carelessness we may have put this important matter off.

It was with eternity in mind that the Lord Jesus Christ paid the greatest possible price to save men from judgment to come, and what the Bible calls “the second death.”

“Christ also hath once suffered for sins,” says I Pet. 3:18, “the Just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God.” Tit. 2:14 says that “He gave Himself for us that He might redeem us from all iniquity.” I Pet. 2:24 declares that He “bore our sins in His own body on the tree,” and in Gal. 2:20 St. Paul exclaims: “He loved me and gave Himself for me.”

After three weeks alone on the ocean, the man referred to above was keenly conscious of his need. He stood up and waved frantically, in the hope that someone on the plane might see him and bring help. Some people, adrift in this world of sin and trouble, go on for many years before they become aware of their need-or at least, before they will acknowledge it. But not until we do acknowledge our sin and our need, can we expect help or salvation. “Christ

Jesus came into the world to save sinners” (1 Tim. 1:15). Good people do not need a Savior, but who is really good? Rom. 3:23 says that “all have sinned and come short of the glory of God,” and our consciences bear witness. But let us rejoice that “Christ died for our sins,” and trust Him for salvation.

“He that believeth on the Son [of God] hath everlasting life” (John 3:36).

To the Reader:

Some of our Two Minutes articles were written many years ago by Pastor C. R. Stam for publication in newspapers. When many of these articles were later compiled in book form, Pastor Stam wrote this word of explanation in the Preface:

“It should be borne in mind that the newspaper column, Two Minutes With the Bible, has now been published for many years, so that local, national and international events are discussed as if they occurred only recently. Rather than rewrite or date such articles, we have left them just as they were when first published. This, we felt, would add to the interest, especially since our readers understand that they first appeared as newspaper articles.”

To this we would add that the same is true for the articles written by others that we continue to add, on a regular basis, to the Two Minutes library. We hope that you’ll agree that while some of the references in these articles are dated, the spiritual truths taught therein are timeless.

3. Garrison Hall says:

Have a wonderful and blessed Sunday, Everyone!

4. Margot says:

Happy Sunday! We are Alive and Kicking!

• stripmallgrackle says:

I can’t like since yesterday afternoon. Like.

Don’t You (Forget About Me) was good, but I didn’t rush out to the record store when I heard it. She’s a River was the tune that caught my attention. That had me at the record store the day after I first heard it, and totally random. SM had fallen off my radar screen by the 90’s.

One day my job had me at VW’s Detroit offices for a campaign shoot-out where ad agencies were pitching for the VW account, specifically the VW “Drivers Wanted” campaign. Agencies produced proto-commercials to show the prospective client and filed through, one by one, to make their presentations. One of the agencies used She’s a River for the soundtrack on their concept commercial. When I asked about it, I figured it was something the agency had contracted for, and was going to ask if they could send me a copy.

“Oh, that’s She’s a River by Simple Minds. It’s just a scratch track for now, but the boss liked it when I played it for him, so we used it.” was the answer. Hearing this I had two immediate thoughts. “So they’re still out there doing it?” and “I gotta get to the store tomorrow.”

And they’re still out there doing it. I do “whatever happened to” searches now and then, and I’ve gotten used to reading about artists I never hear about anymore who, contrary to expectations, aren’t doing weekend bar gigs for $500 a pop, “and doing quite well, thank you.” Most are still quite busy enjoying successful careers in the music business without all the touring rock star perks.

I never knew how big SM was. Without the kind of publicity that made artists like Van Halen and David Bowie household names, they managed to sell sixty million records while performing stadium concerts to sell out crowds. Most likely, the royalty checks are providing a nice cushion, even today.

Alive and Kicking.

And it doesn’t take much to stay off skid row after the hits quit coming, if you wrote a hit single or two back in the day, and still own the rights. The last I heard, in the late 90’s, ?, of ? and the Mysterians (yes, his legal name now), owned a farm in Michigan with no need to go out and get a nine-to-five. He wasn’t living like a king in LA, but with the royalties from 96 Tears he was doing quite well, thank you.

• Margot says:

Great story, stripmall. Yep, the two core members of the group, Jim Kerr and Charlie Burchill, are still doing it, it’s great to see. Kerr owns a hotel in Italy, although I can’t imagine it’s doing well these days due to Covid, but his songs have provided him with a nice life.

When I first saw the Alive and Kicking video, I thought it was filmed somewhere in the Scottish Highlands. Nope. Upstate New York.

Great anthem rock for sure.

• stripmallgrackle says:

Lol. The Scots used New York for the Highlands. That’s entertainment.

Vancouver doubles for a lot of places, mostly because filming in Canada is less expensive. Robocop, if I remember did location shooting in Houston for a story that takes place in Detroit. That was partly because the RenCen in Detroit has a twin in Houston, but I still don’t know what the one in Houston is called.

Kerr and Burchill keeping the show going while other slots rotate is true to form for veteran acts. Members who don’t partake in the rights bounty often lose interest in the project along the way. It turns out that touring sometimes really is too much like work. There’s that, and the songwriters tend to dominate the creative process more and more as bands mature, which also makes showing up more like a day job. I glanced at the past members box on their wikipage. It’s not a short list.

Canned Heat may hold the record for past members, but I’m not sure. I know it did at one time. Drummer Adolfo de la Parra remains as the only (nearly, 1967) original member with Canned Heat listed as still active. Personnel changes were already under way when vocalist and multi-instrumentalist Alan Wilson died of an overdose in 1970. For years it was de la Parra and founder Bob Hite who minded the store until Hite passed in 1981, also from an overdose.

De la Parra has had his work cut out for him, with earnings coming mostly from touring. The band was jailed for a drug bust in Denver in early the 70’s, and bail was $10,000. Liberty Records offered to pay bail in exchange for the rights to Canned Heat’s catalog. It was the only option they had. Ouch.

The history of rock ‘n’ roll is a cat’s cradle of rags to riches, riches to rags, and back again stories, and my favorite subject. (I’m a musician.) It’s the ultimate intersection of creativity, luck, ingenuity, competition, business, pleasure, and a rogue’s gallery of personalities from every imaginable background.

• Margot says:

Once again, another great post, stripmall. We had a discussion on another site about Eagles and some other bands and someone said that they loved the music, but the libtard socialist stuff was hard to take. I opined that yes, so many musicians over the years spouted some hard core socialist blather, but you’d be surprised how they turned into hard core capitalists when it came to royalties, touring fees, and other monetary matters. Except for the ones who left it to their managers and got majorly ripped off.

5. Tiffthis says:

Hi treepers, I have never posted on this thread. But my oldest son (8 yrs) has been interested in God and Jesus. I want to read him the good stories, like David and Goliath, Moses 2by 2, and other “Sunday school” type lessons. My husband and I aren’t really religious- so taking him to church might be a little much right now. (If he asked us to take him we totally would). Any recommendations for kids friendly bible books or the like would be appreciated. Thanks in advance 😇👍🏼

• Garrison Hall says:

It’s hard to beat Bible school. However, that said, this site looks pretty good:

• rah says:

I totally agree with that. You can take him and just drop him off at bible school and then pick him up afterwards. He’ll be with kids in his age group. Usually juice and cookies or something like that served also. At least that was the way it was where I went as a kid.

• wondering999 says:

rah, respectfully, I wouldn’t just take any Bible School. There are teachers and teachers. I’d scout a bit, and meanwhile read the stories on your own.

I had an amazing Bible teacher at 8 years old. Still appreciate it. But some people might teach the stories with a slant you don’t agree with. I’d teach my child, myself, unless i was sure of the teacher.

• muskea says:

Just read the Word of God to Him….the Truth…..the Lord Jesus said,” Let the children come to me………..”……..no theology……….just Jesus.

• the5thranchhand says:

Tiffthis like muskea said, the Word of GOD……the Truth of who the Father and His Messiah are is very, very important. Please begin at the Beginning (Genesis) so there is a solid foundation of who the GOD of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and His SON, truly are. GOD’s precious blessings to you, your husband, and your son as you begin this wonderful, wonderful journey!

• rrick says:

There is no visual near as great as in the human mind. Reading straight from the Bible is the very best. The stories of the people – men, women, and children – come alive when you surpass the simple recitation of words and actually get into the story.

An excellent venue is Vacation Bible School. VBS is typical a summer program so you may still find a VBS near you. Contact churches near you.
      There is also a website.

The AWANA program is wonderful.

There are alternatives (for initial development) but the maturity of your son comes into play. Veggie Tales and the old Davey & Goliath episodes come to mind. Still, the ultimate goal is to develop desire and skills for reading straight from God’s word.

• rahrahred says:

Puppy Dogs and Ice Cream publishes great children’s resources and include many biblical storybooks with beautiful illustrations. I ordered a copy of Ancient Adventures for each of my grandchildren.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“recommendations for kids friendly bible books or the like would be appreciated.”

I send these to my grandchildren.

I met John at a bible conference in Altoona, PA back in 1990 and have enjoyed his preaching at conferences since. I did not meet his wife Lori until 1998, when I attended their week long bible camp in Pine Valley, CA. Good thing I had a round trip plane ticket – because I did not want to return to NY. In 1999 I went out early to visit the San Diego Zoo prior to the camp. They were gracious enough to let me stay at their home so I would not incur the additional expense of a hotel/motel room.

• dorothea brooke says:

C.S. Lewis’ “Chronicles of Narnia.”

• KT Prayer Warrior says:

God bless you! It takes so much courage to do what you are doing.

My number one thing I would tell any child is how much God loves them. As much as you love your child God loves them more. He has so much love for each of us that a human mind cannot get around it.

Many churches aren’t meeting right now, but bigger ones are posting kid-friendly content on websites.
      There is a Christian radio station klove.com that plays across the USA. It is very positive and uplifting. They proudly say you “can safely play it in your car”. Their website also has content and stories for kids, especially for fighting lockdown boredom.
      Be strong in the Lord! Thank You, God, for blessing this household with Your holiness!

• neighborrobin says:

TTB.ORG, Thru the Bible with J Vernon McGee has daily Bible lessons (less than 30 minutes) . He can easily be understood by younger listeners (even with his distinctive southern accent)

• Fannie says:

Explore God’s creation together. The organization below has been a blessing in my life. Their virtual kids’ camps with their scientists have sold out, but there’s a waiting list. Maybe they will add another session. God bless.

• I like to tell people exploring that God loves us the way your dog loves. I believe he put dogs here to give us that example of Gods love.

PS I don’t have a dog right now. I’m not an animal nut. Just an observation I’ve had for many years.

• P says:

This is a wonderful Bible version geared for you son’s age and will also help you to understand the Word.

Do watch these two movies (prewatch before showing your own child so that you’re comfortable with them):

1__The Nativity Story (my two grandsons, ages 9 and 11 both gave their hearts to the Lord after viewing this movie in 2018). We watched it in September because it is apt at any time of the year IMO.

https://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=KGYKW7NX (just click ‘resume this video’ to start movie)

2__ The Visual Bible’s Gospel of John is the most beautifully rendered and accurate version of The Life of Jesus ever produced IMO.

Tiffthis, God is moving in the hearts of children and adults all over the world. Will keep your family in prayer. I know you’ll be blessed by these 2 movies as well as by all the other resources being recommended by other Treepers. Please keep us up-to-date on how your family’s journey goes. What an exciting time lies ahead for all of you!

Numbers 6:24-26

• Tiffthis says:

Wow! Thank you everyone for the recommendations. I’m very grateful and excited to share and learn something new with the kids. I have bookmarked everything and ordered some suggested books today. Have a great Sunday. I’m very grateful for this community 😇

• pacnwbel says:

Tiffthis, your son is leading you. Take the time to be a little curious yourselves, ask what is sadly lacking in today’s world, why all the hatred? you know that teaching by example is one of the best ways to pass your values on to your children. God is love, God loves sinners. Jesus paid the price to redeem sinners. Come in and explore God’s wonderful creation.

• Garrison Hall says:

Tiffthis, I just read through all the kind and thoughtful comments here and there’s something I’d like to add. I think your son has been blessed. I think our Lord has spoken to him. I say this because a similar thing happened to me when I was just your son’s age.
        Being so young, I didn’t know what to think about what was happening. I just knew that He was there. I think I accepted Jesus when I was in Bible School. I was still a scrappy redneck kid—only now Jesus walked with me. And now, many years later, I’m still a scrappy redneck geezer—and yet Jesus still walks with me every day.

• Jlwary says:

For yo itself, a good place to start is Romans. As I understand it, that gospel is geared towards gentiles: those whom are not Jewish and are discovering the Lord’s word for the first time.

The Chosen (can watch on YouTube or download their app) is really quite good.

• cbehren says:

Wonderful of you Tiffthis! I was enormously helped at that age by Egermeier’s Bible Story Book and highly recommend. Loved the stories and pictures.

• Owwm says:

Veggie tales
      A series of vegetable bible figures with pretty catchy music.
      Remember the story of Jonah. Excellent.

6. Sepp says:

. . . but deliver us from the Evil One.

• ImpeachEmAll says:

• treestar1313 says:

I watched a sermon by Dr. Charles Stanley this morning about Satan. He said the three main tactics of Satan are:

Deceive
      Divide
      Destroy

There are people in this country using these very tactics.

The good news is that God and the word of God, and his grace and help are our tactics to destroy Satan.

• treestar1313 says:

Deceive
      Divide
      Destroy

There are people in this country using these very tactics.

• treestar1313 says:

Sorry guys, I can’t figure out why my posts double post. Even though I check the box “keep Me logged in,” it doesn’t and I have to log in each time.

Anyone know how to fix this? (I hope this doesn’t double post!”

• Janie M. says:

Loved Dionne, sunnydaze. Among my favorites was “Walk on By.”

• rah says:

Years ago when i was 21 I sat at a table in Vegas about 6 feet from her and ate dinner to her singing.

• Janie M. says:

Oh wow, rah! Lucky you.

• rah says:

She had a dinner show at one of the casinos, can’t remember which. I was with Dad on a business trip and we stayed at the Sands for several days and nights. Dad was lucky at the black jack table and we went to all of the shows at the various casinos with prime seats for all. Siegfried and Roy, Liberace, etc. Flew home first class.

I have since been to Vegas several times but that first one stands out above all. Now days I have no interest in going back.

• Janie M. says:

If you also saw Siegfried and Roy and Liberace (what a showman) performing, what more could you want? I understand Celine Dion is one of the main entertainers at one of the casinos (can’t remember which one). I enjoy her music – have 2 of her earlier CDs.

Beyond that, I have no burning desire to go there… well, a couple go arounds with the one-armed bandit for the heck of it would be fun but my desire to visit Vegas has lessened considerably over the years.

• geoffg12 says:

Yes, she and Bert Bacharach (sp?) made some great songs!

• Janie M. says:

Yup, geoffeg12, what a team. I have on occasion mused that I was fortunate to hear music (on my little Truetone transistor radio) in the 60’s. We truly were the beneficiaries of the best evolving eras in music. I miss those days.

7. Troublemaker10 says:

Everything old is new again for progressives. And they never let it go.

Here is an excerpt from “Apocalypse Never” by Michael Shellenberger (pg 185):

———-

The idea that a prosperous society could be powered by renewables was first proposed in 1833 by a man named John Etzler. That year he published his Utopian manifesto:. “The Paradise Within Reach Of All Men, Without Labor, By Powers of Nature And Machinery”.

With a precision and passion similar to today’s renewable energy enthusiasts, Etzler laid out a plan for scaling up concentrated solar power plants, gigantic wind farms, and dams to store the power when neither wind nor sun was available. “I promise to show the means for creating a paradise within ten years, where everything desirable for human life may be had for every man in superabundance,” he wrote.

>SnipSnip<

But conservationist Henry David Thoreau was horrified by the amount of landscape Etzler's vision would require. "Could he not heighten the tints of flowers and the melody of birds?" Asked Thoreau, sarcastically. "Should he not be a god to them?"

Thoreau need not have worried. Etzler's supposedly superior wind- and water-powered plow—what he called the "Satellite" because it used wind to spin around an axis—proved grossly impractical and broke down. Soon after, so did his utopian commune.

• rrick says:

Up to WWII, engineers were still trying to develop a reliable method for regulating water flow for use at hydroelectric dams. The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) largely solved that problem by daming up prit near the whole state. There still remained the problem of power transmission.

In the aforementioned I am talking of large scale projects, projects beneficial to more than the area township,

• Ninja7 says:

Robin,
      Thanks for posting the link. It helps having English subtitles. My Spanish stinks😑

As someone once stated that seeing a sermon is so much better than hearing a sermon.

With identity politics, some group is going to be left out. As human nature is, that group is not going to be happy. Even worse, may start to think, and horror of horrors may actually do something about it. Politicians are going to have to earn their vote.🤔🤔😁

PDJT Promises Made, Promises Kept, and Promises being Worked On.

This election cycle the population Really Does Have Something to Loose.

8. citizen817 says:

9. rah says:

Told my girls that live on the mainland at Daytona Beach that the only prudent thing to do is prepare for a direct hit by a CAT II storm carrying sustained winds of about 100 mph. Though the projected track shows it passing to their east just off the coast there is absolutely no guarantee that Isaias won’t come ashore. Everyone seems to agree that this storm won’t strengthen more than that while near Florida though it could get stronger as it moves north if it stays over water and heads for the Carolinas. Coming ashore in Florida would of course be good news for the people in the Carolinas.

When they first bought the house down there I told them to invest in hurricane shutters but instead they invested in a small caged in ground swimming pool. I bet sooner or later they’re going to get tired of boarding up and get those shutters.

After Isaias becomes history the US is likely to get a short break from serious TS activity as the Madden-Julian Oscillation (MJO) is projected to move into phase 4 which is a phase where conditions are not conducive for tropical storms to reach the majority of the east and gulf coasts.

But the MJO is projected to only be in phase 4 for a short time then jump to phase 1 and 2 and then most likely 3. These are all phases where conditions are conducive for major hurricane strikes on the US mainland with 2 and 3 being historically when the strongest storms have impacted the US. The weather models show a strong ridge building over the NE quadrant of the US at that time and that is also historically a feature that is quite often present when strong hurricanes strike the south and central eastern seaboard and the Texas Gulf coast of the US. So probably in about 2 weeks the US will see conditions where all conditions are ripe for impacts by major hurricanes.

10. Charlotte Powell Brooks says:

Baby Lives Matter.

11. Dora says:

12. Dora says:

13. Dora says:

This will please the democrats and their commie friends.

====

A Third Of US Museums “Not Confident” They Will Survive

The American Alliance of Museums (AAM) recently published a survey designed to gauge the state of the US museum industry during the COVID-19 pandemic. The survey results were troubling, at least a third of directors of 760 museums reported a “significant risk” of closing permanently within 16 months.

14. Dora says:

15. Dora says:

16. windbag says:

We all could use a good word, couldn’t we?

17. We the People Know says:

Remember…Christine Ford Now Says She Told ‘Friends on the Beach’ About Alleged Assault

I wonder where Christine is spending her summer.

“The executive director of the Bethany-Fenwick Chamber of Commerce, Lauren Weaver, told USA Today that “our businesses (located on the southern tip of the Delmarva Peninsula) have 12 weeks to make money to survive the rest of the year… sales for the town’s 75 or so beach-district merchants are down 40% to 70% compared with a year ago.”

18. just stevie says:

THE DISCIPLINE OF DIFFICULTY

“In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” John xvi. 33

An average view of the Christian life is that it means deliverance from trouble. It is deliverance IN trouble, which is very different. “He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High…THERE shall no evil befall thee” – no plague can come nigh the place where you are at one with God.

If you are a child of God, there certainly will be troubles to meet, but Jesus says do not be surprised when they come. “In the world yet shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer , I have overcome the world, there is nothing for you to fear.” Men who before they were saved would scorn to talk about troubles, often become “fushionless” after being born again because they have a wrong idea of a saint.

God does not give us overcoming life: He gives us life as we overcome. The strain is the strength. If there is no strain, there is no strength. Are you asking God to give you life and liberty and joy? He cannot, unless you will accept the strain. Immediately you face the strain, you will get the strength. Overcome your own timidity and take the step, and God will give you to eat of the tree of life and you will get nourishment. If you spend yourself out physically, you become exhausted; but spend yourself spiritually, and you get more strength. God never gives strength for tomorrow, or for the next hour, but only for the strain of the minute. The temptation is to face difficulties from a common-sense standpoint. The saint is hilarious when he is crushed with difficulties because the thing is so ludicrously impossible to anyone but God.

Oswald Chambers
    August 2nd Devotional

19. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

20. novanglus86 says:

Has Strzok flipped and started cooperating with Durham? Was he the source of the Jan 5th handwritten notes?

21. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day for Sunday, August 2, 2020

“O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.”
    Psalms 34:8 (KJV)

22. ImpeachEmAll says:

Just say’n… 😉

Double standard…

23. Rockindubya says:

Wishing a blessed Sunday to all my fellow Treepers….

24. Rockindubya says:

Get Thee Behind Me Satan by Billy Joe Shaver…
    (Ad Rem, the previous one was by Billy Joe also…. Happy Sunday!)

25. Margot says:

When you go to vote, remember to always choose the lesser of two weevils.

26. Rockindubya says:

Every Living Thing Needs Love….

27. Jimmy R says:

The search for the seven marines and one sailor lost off the coast of California has been called off. The AAV is hundreds of feet below surface. So, nine dead, two in critical condition, altogether.

Please, God, give some kind of comfort to the families of those boys.

• auscitizenmom says:

This is just so awful.

• rah says:

When warriors train for war it is often dangerous. The more realistic, the more dangerous, and so usually it is in times of war when the training becomes the most dangerous. Still, great advances have been made over the years to lesson the danger for warriors in training but deaths and injuries will always be a part of it and a high proportion of them have always occur when the warriors are training in the various methods for entering battle by land, sea, or air. The ways one can get hurt or killed are many.

28. bessie2003 says:

NASA feed has gone live; splash down estimated to be at 2:48 p.m. EDT

29. Theckman says:

Dr. Birx being criticized by Pelosi and dems. for supporting Trump too much.

I feel Trump should be aware of Birx behind the scenes, sure support publicly but, I do not believe Birx is not in on the Covid scare as much as Fauci.
    Don’t let your guard down keep your enemies closer.
    Fauci is exposed so why not imbed Birx even more.

30. Don’t tap your foot!
    🙂

31. Mike says:

Fellow Treepers,

I have a call to action that I would like to discuss within the community.

I am.a Business System Analyst, my job is data and making data make sense, how to collect it, how to use it.

In watching Sundance in his research it has plagued me as a person to know the volumes of data that he is pailing through and I have spent a lot of time thinking that there is a much better way to help in the current efforts to find and promote the truth.

I am seeking like minded DBA’s, developers, programmers, etc to work with on developing a public database using the 1000’s of open resources out there to help compile data, through APIs and other sources into workable queries for this purpose.

I can’t help but think of William Binney’s Thin Thread as an example to be flipped upside down on the deep state.

Resources such as TR’s Calais, using OCR in documents for tagging but also compiling the stamps, notes, headers and other metadata within, XRVision Sentinel AI Platform for facial recognition, FBI dumps, court dumps, etc, etc to build a AI machine learning tool for tracing the paths and connections to individuals within the deep state.

As often stated by Sundance in his many articles, developing historic time lines, the 30,000 foot view that is required to link all of the events into the bigger picture of clarity. I hedge that in what we currently know we are only glimpsing the surface of what is already available.

I will keep posting this on the daily thread in hopes of making connections and thanks for reading.

32. Ad rem says:

Treepers,

We continue trying to cope with a great many of our poster’s comments going to the trash bin. This isn’t due to anything the Treehouse has done….this is a WordPress problem.

Please be patient with us. There is no need to open a new acount, post duplicate comments, or bemoan the fact you no longer have a *LIKE* function. The majority of Treepers are ALL in the same boat.

We are hopeful that things will return to normal by the end of the day. Most of the comments made yesterday, and up to now, have already been removed from the bin.

I apologize if I’ve been unable to answer individual questions, as we are simply too busy trying to get your comments out of the trash and onto our front pages.

Cheers….we’ll get through this. 😀

33. Sepp says:

The Holy Prophet Elias (Elijah) the Thesbite

He is commemorated today, July 20th on the traditional Calendar of the Orthodox Christian Church.

The Holy Prophet Elias will be a Forerunner of the Second Coming of our Lord, God, and Savior Jesus Christ, as taught within the Holy Scriptures and the Holy Tradition of the Church.

A short sermon about the Holy Prophet Elias is at this link.

34. belladona911 says:

I’m interested in helping with any data effort.

35. thedoc00 says:

Look up stories on a US Marine who turned 104 years old today. Major “Bill” White. Facinating man and record.

36. Scott B. says:

I preached to my church this morning, in my pastor’s absence. My message was largely drawn from “Perspective: We are in Fort McHenry” with text from I Kings 19, Elijah flees from Jezebel. I concluded, as did Sundance, with the Starfish story.

I hope each of you heed the still, small voice of God’s guidance.

37. P says:

During WWII, almost the entire population of Japanese Americans on the West Coast were forcibly removed from their homes and incarcerated. Their only crime was looking like the enemy. Featuring the inspiring stories of people in Spokane, Yakima, and Bainbridge Island Washington, the 1 hour documentary focuses on Japanese Americans during WWII, both inside and outside the evacuation zone; chronicling their struggles and perseverance.

Very good documentary IMO.

• P says:

This one is about RumRunners — I’m sorry, I know it was illegal, but I just can’t stop laughing over some of their “out of the bottle” thinking…I keep picturing all these older farmers, shopkeepers, normally “good lawabiding citizens” doing whatever it took to get their booze. America, America, I really wish sometimes that we could go back to those simpler, earlier times.

• P says:

Sorry about that. The one above is really excellent, too, but this is the RumRunners one.

• P says:

I apologize, Ad rem, not sure why it won’t post correctly. Please remove these duplicates if able to do so. But recommend these documentaries — they’re all very well done.

38. Justin Thomas wins St. Jude FedEx Open.
    My favorite lefty was in 4-way tie for second.

I’d rather watch the PGA in slow-motion than watch professional social justice warrior sports.

39. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Please place Your Guardian Angels of Protection around Donald Trump and Mike Pence and their families as they seek to lead America back to You. Also, we pray for Angels to protect and support our Sundance as he works for justice and peace.

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

40. Donna in Oregon says:

Pray the Vote has begun.

Be part of an unbreakable chain of prayer over this election today when you add your own personal prayer. Our inner prayer room is open 24/7 so call any time and leave your prayer as we blanket our country and the election in prayer.

1-844-829-2022 toll-free

You can be a blessing and encouragement to many others. Your prayers will be aired on IPrayRadio and join thousands of voices across the country.

The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working. – James 5:16

41. auscitizenmom says:

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh and Gen. Flynn:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

42. Donna in Oregon says:

AS THE LORD LEADS, PRAY WITH US…

For wisdom for President Trump, Administrator Gaynor, and Governor DeSantis as they look to care for the residents of Florida during this time.

For guidance for state and local leaders as they address the preparation of the storm and the recovery following landfall during the ongoing pandemic.

For protection for the people of Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina as they are in the path of the storm and for God to redirect the path of the storm away from the coast.