Tuberville Crushes Sessions in Alabama Primary Senate Race…

President Trump supported republican candidate Tommy Tuberville has crushed former AG Jeff Sessions in the Alabama Senate primary run-off.  Margin holding at approximately 63-36 with over half of the precincts now reporting.

Done is done.  No time for gloating.  Thank you Jeff Sessions for everything you have done throughout your career (sans AG).  As a former Senator Mr. Sessions was a valuable supporter for the MAGA agenda and a kind person. Done is done. Now we move on.

Unite the clans.  We’ve got a general election to win.

Congratulations Tommy Tuberville and President Trump.  Celebrate tonight and wake up tomorrow going full-bore against the communists.

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2020, media bias, President Trump and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

432 Responses to Tuberville Crushes Sessions in Alabama Primary Senate Race…

1. CorvairFan says:

Even though I left 24 years ago to chase my dreams, I’m very proud to be born and raised in Alabama. We always try to do the right thing. Jeff Sessions was no RINO in the Senate, I have personal and direct knowledge of him comporting himself honorably and scrupulously as an AUSA many moons ago. I was a Democrat it was so long ago, and was still impressed at the risk he took….Alabamians are solid, again, we try to do right. I have no doubt his initial support of PDJT was genuine, not some deep state conspiracy. And the President rewarded Jeff with the plum of AG appointment.
    But Sessions got punked by Rosenstein, Mueller/Weissman, Comey et al…and paid dearly.

• guru1966 says:

Well said, and Roll Tide.

• sturmudgeon says:

It will be VERY interesting to see what Sessions will do & say from this point on… will he still support The President?

• lcsteel says:

I like many think Sessions was a plant.

• Betty says:

I do too, though it although it grieves me. But for me it is undeniable – What great things did he do as Attorney General – none that I know of. Did he root out any corruption in either the DOJ or the FBI – not that I know of. And if his hands were so completely tied why didn’t he just resign or refuse the appointment in the first place?

If he would have made a statement such as: I do not believe President Trump is guilty of any wrongdoing, but I have to let the investigation go forward, but rest assured I will be monitoring both sides and at the hint of any wrong doing I will step in.

A person could think if Yates, Rosenstein and all the rest were lying to the FISA Judges what makes you think they didn’t lie to Sessions too – maybe so. But Sessions has been a private citizen for a few years now and a whole lot of evidence they were/are liars has emerged and Jeff Sessions has never made a statement acknowledging that evidence, nor has he apologized to We The People or to our President for the treachery that went on during his most important watch, his responsibility. The responsibility he asked for and was trusted with.

During that time there was a disheartening photo of Jeff Sessions having dinner with Rod Rosenstein and Noel Francisco.

Noel Francisco was appointed by President Trump and was supposedly a staunch supporter – maybe so. but think about this: “Jun 10, 2020 – US Solicitor General Noel Francisco is expected to resign from his role as the government’s top lawyer before the Supreme Court.”

Noel Francisco was President Trumps top lawyer BEFORE the Supreme Court. How many Supreme Court rulings were either delayed or turned against us – because of process errors. Even the vital 2020 Census question – because it was worded wrong.

How many times might have Francisco provided the Chief Justice with an excuse to delay a ruling? DACA comes to mind.

• Joe says:

Mister Sessions really believes, as he plainly states, that his recusal was “necessary” for Trump to be exonerated ultimately and completely; otherwise the criticism would always be leveled that he, Jeff Sessions, and not the Müller Report, was corruptly responsible for the president’s vindication.

In some Platonic other-world where the practical goals of a presidency are secondary considerations, he might have a point. After all, an unrecused Bill Barr has already been accused of engineering any prosecutions of “Russia” conspirators in future. But in the political swamp of Washington? I don’t think so.

His judgment was terrible. The worst thing that can be said about him is not that was a “plant” or a “dupe” but that he seems incapable of understanding that some mistakes are so serious that they are forever disqualifying.

• detad1 says:

So many weak links in the conservative party. I suppose that’s why we have so many seeded leftists in it.

• Allano says:

Jeff knew well in advance of his appointment that he would recuse so why didn’t he go to PDJT and just say, I cannot accept this and let someone who could put up a fight join the president. Similar to the way Holder performed for Obama.

• Betty says:

Yes, why didn’t he go to President Trump and decline the appointment?

Do you think Sessions might have doubted Donald Trump’s innocence and therefore decide it was his duty to take the position of AG, to enable the Mueller investigation, and to block anyone else who having more faith in President Trump or a keener eye towards swamp manipulations might have block any investigation all together.

Still, it was a betrayal of President Trump and it had to be planned in advance. I do think that under that kebler elf facade Jeff Sessions has a big ego and is capable of such blind judgement and arrogant actions that caused undue stress for President Trump, his family and all of us – but what does he care.

• Rick L says:

I have my suspicions as well. All Sessions had to do after recusing himself was resign. Then Whittaker or similar could have came in and stopped the BS. Since I cannot think of any rational reason why Sessions stayed in there for so long I have come to the conclusion he was a fraud. Him staying in and letting the Muller witchhunt go on and on probably cost the Republican’s the midterms. Trump was still under a cloud to the people in the middle and I think it hurt us in midterms greatly.

• badlass says:

I agree with you 100%. Helping lose the the midterm is an unpardonable sin.

It is nice to know that the Great State of Alabama won’t even elect him as dogcatcher now and hopefully ever.

• CovairFan I totally agree. Punked, snookered, or whatever you want to call it! The damage that has caused will be felt for years to come if the silent majority don’t find their voice and get loud!

• Beau Geste says:

he was too stupid, and got ‘punked’? not believable.
        he ‘punked’ PDJT. intentionally

“put that in your pipe and smoke it”, mitch mcconnell

• mike says:

Sessions was seriously compromised in some way, No previous AG has taken a dive the way he did from the start. The recusal BS was fundamentally corrupt and Sessions should have refused AG if he was that conflicted,

Sessions should have stayed in the senate, even if he had hidden influences vs the blue seat conversion. I’m not convinced that Tube is a real replacement either but that’s all the choice you’re going to get.

The truth is that federal service is like a zombie/vampire movie where even sympathetic humans are turned into rampaging undead monsters against humanity that have to be put down, again and again. You’re still fired Jeff.

• Eastender says:

Thanks for sharing your knowledge of Sessions background. I agree with your opinion that he was ‘done in’ by the many DOJ people out to get Trump and that he thought he was doing the right thing.
      I have to say, though, that I am relieved that he was not able to win back his Senate seat and that Alabama and our Country are better for it. He can now contribute his efforts on the sidelines and continue helping President Trump on his path to re-election and in continuing to bring our Country back to greatness.

• amjean says:

Once Sessions realized he was “punked” and in the process President Trump,
      Michael Flynn and others were put through hell, why not humbly and ethically
      say so?

• Winston says:

“Even though I left 24 years ago to chase my dreams, I’m very proud to be born and raised in Alabama. ”

“A Southern man don’t need him around anyhow.” In this case, not referring to Neil Young.

• CorvairFan says:

Winston…

I said left to chase my dreams, because I didn’t want to say left to serve my country in dangerous areas and great personal risk….repeatedly ….it’s not like I went to Hollywood or the NFL.

I retire in a year and will be back as soon as I can. Keep listening to your Neil Young music, it becomes you.

• kittylenoir says:

Did he pay dearly, or did the entire country pay dearly?

• yy4u says:

CorvairFan — Count this as another “like”. (I can’t “like”).

I experienced schadenfreude last night. I like Jeff Sessions and wish him well. I just wish he had not taken the job of AG when he knew he couldn’t do it for the most important case the country is likely to have — whether a political party in power can spy on an opposition candidate.

• TPW says:

I think the reason Sessions went ahead and accepted the nomination even though he had to recuse the next day ,,,,,and would offer to resign after…..was the coup wanted to make sure RR was put in as acting AG….if Sessions had not accepted then it would have been up to PT to assign a new AG. They must have convinced Session that the President did something wrong. As to why PT kept Sessions on as AG remains to be seen.

• Paul says:

i just got my koolaid stand up agan . you are welcome to stop by . Session is an SES (Senior executive service) member and was on the committee that approved the sale of the uranium one to Putin via the Clintons . get real he has been there how long for this incredible debacle call the US Government . .

• detad1 says:

Paul Ryan set this up with Sessions and Rosenstein.

• The Phantom Stranger says:

No one is saying that Sessions is secretly some rabid left-wing follower. His voting career belies he’s a member of the Right.

But he always was an establishment type that followed party marching orders in the Senate. Mitch McConnell literally tasked him with infiltrating the Trump campaign.

Sessions was the only sitting Senator willing to endorse Trump as a candidate. Didn’t you find that strange? Why would a longstanding Senator from a Deep Red state in the South put his reputation on the line for a New Yorker? No one in DC believed Trump had a legitimate shot at beating Hillary.

Sessions in his mind probably felt he was doing the right thing, told by the party’s RINO leadership and members of the intel community that Donald Trump was a threat to the carefully established world order.

Donald Trump’s presidency was permanently damaged by Sessions as Attorney General. His inaction as Attorney General directly led to the legal power plays initiated by the Left, enabling Obama and Soros to run amok with fabricated attacks one after another. It has crippled the Federal Government’s ability to deal with serious problems while Trump remains in office.

There is no legitimate excuse that can be constructed for Sessions as Attorney General if he genuinely ever supported Donald Trump for president. If threats were made on his loved ones, he would have resigned on day one and retired peacefully back home.

The gall of running for his old Senate seat after betraying Trump indicates he was in on the plot against Trump from the beginning.

2. leslievb3 says:

Fully appreciate that Sessions was duped by the cabal, but praying fervently Tuberville is the conservative hard liner on immigration that Sessions was. We may lose Collins in Maine and milquetoast McSally in Arizona. Trump needs to move forward on this no more tweets.

• jwmson says:

I have major concerns Tuberville IS a Conservative. I think he is a McConnell RINO and will LOVE DACA, amnesty, Chamber, One World Order….Hope I’m wrong but won’t be shocked…..And yes, I was angry as H w/ Sessions…..no doubt.

In other news. Tx IN PLAY…..Trump in TROUBLE…and he is his own worst enemy….DACA…YR 4 we’re talking DACA and all these foreign VISA students can NOW STAY cause Harvard…ole dear, elite Harvard and MIT was mad….??? Police reform?? Don’t recall ANY of that in 2016…I recall a BIG wall w/ a BIG beautiful door…..Trump doesn’t perform well in a crisis, IMO…The virus, economy, unemployment, shutdowns has put him in a vulnerable spot and Dems are KEEPING EVERYTHING SHUT DOWN…the destruction from BLM, ANTIFA….really, we wanted that??? And now Redskins, Chiefs, Braves, ALL statues, memorials ARE GONE, TRASHED, DESTROYED….Sorry. NOT my America…and here we stand looking at Biden cause Trump can’t seem to keep his mouth closed WHEN NEEDED…and working ON THE MAJOR 2016 ISSUES….

• eagle931 says:

I share your concerns on both counts. As far as Tuberville goes, we’ll soon find out where he stands. As for Pres. Trump, I’ve also been concerned at his seeming weakness (in terms of action, not words) in the face of the America-hating mob. I’m mostly concerned about his tweets, not because he should not do so, but because sometimes he says one thing and then retreats when challenged as in the case of the visas for foreign students. The public perception is that, as you said, he does not perform well in a crisis, and that’s too bad because that perception is wrong.

• Peoria Jones says:

You have a lot of nerve, coming here to rant numerous criticisms of President Trump.

But you’re not going to harsh our buzz. Thanks for letting us know where you stand.

(“Trump doesn’t perform will in a crisis” – LOL!)

• readyandable1 says:

Remember, Sundance even warned. The site is being flooded with concern trolls. Ignore them. Do not give them replies. Just scroll on down.

• yy4u says:

(“Trump doesn’t perform will in a crisis” – LOL!)
          That’s the “talking point” of the Left, Peoria.
          Trump performs 100% better than any other president ever has in a crisis.
          He has his flaws; we are not a cult and can and do criticize him when appropriate. But not performing in a crisis is not one of his flaws.

• Eric Paez says:

TX is not in play unless you believe polls with wrong party IDs. And Trump pushed not to close the economy as hard as he could and has been pushing for reopening as fast as possible. He has been protecting federal monuments and statues. I dont think he could be responsible for every single statue, riot or looting in every blue city out there. Redskins, Chiefs, Braves? Why is Trump to blame for that?

• TrumpPatriot says:

I call bullpoo. I am not now…..nor ever will be….looking at Biden. Not a single sane person I know is looking at Biden. Not a single sane POTUS supporter I know is looking at Biden.

What a crock! You would “look at Bien because the President tweets annoy YOU? Then you are not a solution…YOU are a problem.

• amjean says:

I disagree and love President Trump’s tweets; they inform and challenge.

• william h gilkerson says:

Why are folks so afraid of Trumps tweets? It’s as if the cuck worm has burrowed into the minds of conservatives. Who’s aftraid of Trumps tweets? Not me. I love them. Only those who fear the wrath of the legacy media and marxist dregs.

• yy4u says:

How can we “lose” Collins in Maine. We never had her. So far as McSally, the Establishment backed her against the doctor (forget her name). That said, Maine and AZ should get behind these two Establishment Globalists because we need them. Romney will change parties if he can get power by selling his R for a D. He is a man with no honor or soul.

• detad1 says:

It’s his tweets that are doing the heavy lifting.

There are just too many weak links in our party… imho.

3. Sedanka says:

“TRUST SESSIONS”

What a joke.

• william h gilkerson says:

Hard to overstate the damage he did by recusing and NOT resigning.

• TPW says:

Here is what I believe sessions did……He knew he was going to recuse when he accepted the AG position that has been established. Oddly, immediately after recusing he offered his resignation……My conclusion is the only reason why he went ahead and took the AG position was to be able to put RR as acting AG. Otherwise PT would have made another pick for AG. They could have convinced Sessions before the election that Trump was colluding with Russia. Sessions at that point stayed on to beg his way into the AG position. I don’t think Sessions knew it was a hoax but instead believed the investigation was legitimate. Would like to know why PT kept Sessions on ……

4. TreeClimber says:

Just gonna leave this here, one more time.

• mike says:

Jeff missed much greater opportunities with Rosenstein et al. Sad.
      Sorry, Jeff is a downer now.
      He blew it repeatedly and persistently when the country needed him.
      Time for the glue factory if he still wants to be useful..,

• yy4u says:

Totalitarians do whatever they want in front of their nations because there is no accountability. That’s how Joe Biden gets to do the things he does on TV. The Democrats won’t hold him to account, the Media (Democrats, too) won’t hold him to account, and the Republicans are gutless wonders in EVERY issue. Biden’s sexually harassing little girls and women isn’t the only thing the Democrats get away with. Epstein? C’mon man! Telling us with a straight face he killed himself. Are you kidding! NOBODY with a single neuron believes that. But they don’t care what we believe and that gives them even MORE power.

• sturmudgeon says:

TreeClimber… that video doesn’t have much to do with Sessions as AG.. imo.

• Jen says:

That certainly doesn’t mean Sessions should have ever been AG regardless of that video. Sessions knew he wasn’t going to fight for the President and he ultimately is probably the reason that the President went through hell for years. Time for Sessions to stay out of Washington DC forever.

• TreeClimber says:

Maybe not. But I sure hate to throw out all the good in a man as well as the bad.

5. Troublemaker10 says:

Jeff Sessions’ final tweet thread was pretty gracious.

————–

Jess Sessions:

“We fought a good fight and the people of Alabama have spoken. So many people have helped me in this campaign and over the years, they love this state and I love them.

I could not have done it without the loving support of my family – my wife Mary, my daughters Mary Abigail and Ruth, and my son Sam, and all of my ten grandchildren. I am eternally grateful for your sacrifices and support.

I want to congratulate Tommy Tuberville on his victory tonight. He is our Republican nominee. We must all stand behind him in November.

We must not cede our nation to the mob or globalist forces. We have borders, laws, and history that must be defended.

The Republican Party must defend the real interests of the American worker, and not be co-opted by special interests on Trade, Immigration, and China. If we fail to do that, we will fail as a Party.

Ours is a state of honorable, decent, conservative, Republican people. Doug Jones is on the other side, he’s a foot soldier in the ambitious army of @SenSchumer. Plain & simple, @DougJones cannot use Alabama as a platform to advance such an agenda. The stakes are extremely high.

Although this chapter is closed, we all must continue to stand up for what’s right – in the right way.

Alabama IS worth fighting for, and America IS worth fighting for.”

• mazziflol says:

“Now more than ever, we need to stand up for the Rule of Law, our Constitution, and our great and glorious country.”

Too bad that wasn’t the sentiment when he was AG…

• mike says:

I view Sessions statements at best as image cleanup for retirement.
        At worst, he tries to worm back in somewhere for his handlers.
        Sorry Jeff, you’re a zombie now.

• budklatsch says:

I can’t help imagining what if? What if he had been appointed head of Homeland Security instead of AG? No Mueller and no abomination of law. Sessions may well have been very successful at HS.

• TJ says:

“The Republican party must defend…”

The “ignoramus” in the White House that has been betrayed, conspired against, and spied on by sleazy politicians, the deep state, and fake news. My opinion only.

• sturmudgeon says:

Troublemaker10… When one reads a concession speech like that, and other speeches that he has made… it allows one to entertain the thought that he was ‘duped’ by the coup mob… imo

6. Scott B. says:

Suspicious of Sessions since his lack of support for Mike Vanderboegh, who was trying to expose the ATF “Fast and Furious” scandal.
    Also not a big fan of Tommy Tuber-ville AKA Mr. Potato Head, since his days at Auburn.
    However, I trust President Trump’s choice, and I also appreciate Sessions’ endorsement.
    If he can bury the hatchet, so should we.
    I would like to see both find a branch at CTH – they might learn things. Make sure they know about CTH.

7. Julian says:

Trust Sessions to do nothing.

8. RAC says:

Where ever you are now Hughie, I think this makes you officially vindicated.

9. Honeyed words dripping with sweetness are but a mask for the insidious poisons this man unleashed upon our country when he was cowed to a recusal.

Had he stepped to the gate and prevented the spear of adversity, our nation would possibly not have gone through the fires of deception that it did.

Yet there is a season for all things. A time and a place for all events. The sins may be forgiven, yet shall the consequences still come to bear?

Go into the night, Sessions, Jeff, may you sleep soundly knowing that you had a hand in betraying our great nation to the forces of evil that seek to bring her down.

A career of fighting against injustices has been forever blackened by a stain of betrayal and deception. Speak now, Jeff Sessions, let your words flow, like a stream over rocks, bubbling and gurgling gently, laughingly, as the sunlight flicks to and fro upon the crests of gaiety.

For even the blackest of hearts may seek redemption.

Shall you follow the way of Judas, or shall you follow the way of Saul [Paul]?

10. Agree SD, time to unite. As long as he isn’t a Romney-McCain-43 type vote for Tubby. Even if he is slight RINO it is still 20% more than what any democrat will give.

THINK IMPEACHMENT ROUND II and SUPREME COURT!!!

11. bluecat57 says:

I wonder if those Red counties are the Blue (Democrat) areas of Alabama.

12. TJ says:

13. TT win was inevitable. I hope he is a loyal Trump supporter in the Senate.

Without a Sessions “mea culpa” and apology for his recusal all the harm it caused, there was no way he was going to win his Senate seat back.

I wish he had apologized, I trust that Sessions would be a follower and vote with Trump on the critical stuff. Not sure about TT.

Again, Sessions showed he does not possess good judgement. And last night he paid the price and wrote his epitaph.

14. Terry Shaw says:

I havent read all the replies so please excuse me if i am repeating if someone wrote on this. On the chart in the start of this thread, it shows the total voter turn out of 240 some thousand voters with 48% reporting. I googled the population of Alabama which is almost 5 million. Thats about 21% turnout. Just food for thought. Thank you and God Bless.

15. cattastrophe says:

In my opinion although Sessions stood up for many conservative values as a Senator, were any of our Republican Senators all in for any kind of drastic change. I don’t think so.They really didn’t see much was at stake to stand out from the crowd about. After all wasn’t bi-partisanship the mantra and mind set of the day.To my mind they were exactly the same as the rest of us just getting on with our jobs and our life while the left took over our country.

With this mind set and always being friends with the other side Trump must have seemed like a hurricane with no purpose. What was all the worry about. We were doing okay with our new “service oriented” economy, the economist told us so and last three administrations had agreed.

To my mind this was how Sessions felt and if body language says anything he was not an all in guy when I saw Trump present him as a supporter. He rather seemed slightly embarrassed.

We’re all awake and know it all now, but at one time many of us were the same as Sessions without a clue of the immense storm about to come and that President Trump would be the one to show us not only how to fight it but what to fight.

16. Super elite covfefe999 loves her President! says:

I was just reviewing the 2017 special election results. Roy Moore, fairly or not, was an utterly compromised candidate. Alabamans should have voted for him anyway just to keep that Senate seat in GOP hands, but I understand the reluctance.

Well, Jones won by a very small margin:

Jones 673,896 49.97%
    Moore 651,972 48.34%

It’s looking good for the GOP to get that seat back. Alabamans, I don’t care how you feel about Tuberville, any Dem is worse than any GOP candidate. Strip the Dems of power. This is very very important.

My broken record sobering fact: If the Dems had control of the Senate as well as the House, Trump would have been removed from office very shortly after he was shampeached.

• The Phantom Stranger says:

I have a bridge to sell you if you believe Jones legitimately won that seat. McConnell and the grand poobahs running the RNC didn’t want a Senator Moore.

Yes, I am saying the Republican Party purposely threw that contest. They didn’t want Moore in DC. They already had control of the Senate with or without the seat, so a loss was tolerable for the establishment to permanently get rid of Moore.

Tuberville will carry the seat by ten points in 2020.

17. hokkoda says:

It is entirely possible for two seemingly contradictory things to fit together. It is absolutely the case that Sessions’ support helped Trump win in 2016. I think he was a legitimate supporter and loyal ally of the President. I also think he got taken to the cleaners by the abject corruption at the FBI and DOJ. Like I’ve said before, I don’t think ANYBODY understood in late 2016 or early 2017 that the FBI and DOJ were running a massive, widespread, criminal seditious conspiracy to overthrow the President of the United States. Think about how many people he had at DOJ telling him to recuse, across all divisions. There was really no way for him to know that they were ALL working conspiratorially to get him out of the way.

It’s good that he is not the AG any more. It’s good that he lost this election. That kind of defeat will make future Repubs much more aware that the Federal Bureaucracy is hopelessly and irredeemably corrupt to its core. If he gets elected, it’s like a Mulligan or something, and nobody learns the painful lesson.

• hokkoda says:

To me, it was the fact that once it became clear that this was a witch hunt, that Sessions should have UN-recused himself and fired everyone on the spot. That was his big mistake in my view, and an unforgivable one.

• Super elite covfefe999 loves her President! says:

Surely Sessions knew he would need to recuse himself from investigations/cases. Apparently he never informed Trump. That was Trump’s big complaint, if he had known then he wouldn’t have nominated Sessions. Because why a President want a part-time AG?

• hokkoda says:

Sessions, like Trump, knew the issue about Sessions meeting with the Russian Ambassador was totally screwy. As in, the Liberals are insane if they think a US Senator meeting twice with a Russian is in any way an issue. Then he comes into the AG role and the conspirators surround him and say “You’ve got to recuse!” Like I said, I don’t think Sessions or anybody else understood in early 2017 that this was an attempted coup d’etat.

The right answer, as everyone now knows, was for Sessions to tell his bureaucrats to “GFY” and then launch and internal investigation into the “Russia hoax”. He did not need to recuse himself at all because all he had to do was say “Let me see your evidence of a conspiracy with Russia” and the whole thing would have imploded. It takes about 10 seconds of critical thinking (which Sessions apparently lacked) to look at what the FBI had in early 2017 and realize it’s all bullcrap.

Sessions got set up and he has paid the price for being stupid and naive.

18. shipley130 says:

I’m surprised Jeff Sessions would have the audacity to run for any political office again due to his seriously poor performance as AG of the U.S.

• hokkoda says:

Guys like that are like antelope on the Serengeti. They’re vaguely aware that just about everything around them wants to eat them, but they just travel together in groups and hope the alligators don’t eat them when they cross through the swamp.

Sessions is a case study in the total obliviousness of our GOP elected officials. Yeah, a lot of them like McCain or Romney are corrupt and understand what is happening, but too many of our guys are just naive buffoons who think we still have a Justice System in this country that is legitimate.

19. Alli says:

Sessions had a lot of nerve running for his old Senate seat
    I think he was a plant. As long as Hellary has the ‘goods’ on everyone (extensive FBI and Intelligence data) no one van escape her blackmail. If she could be indicted for just one of her many many crimes things might shift for the better.

20. Rick L says:

Until I here a really good reason from Sessions why he didn’t resign immediately after recusing himself, I will always think he was staying in there for the establishment to hurt Trump. The midterms and a good portion of Trumps presidency were harmed by him staying in as AG.

21. PineoMan says:

When Sessions went before the Senate to testify regarding his recusal he supported the decision by stating the wrong law covering recusals. He’s not a good lawyer and not that bright. Trump made a huge mistake apppointing Session and should have fired him immediately.

• hokkoda says:

The recusal was all part of the “obstruction of justice” trap the coup plotters were working on. They knew they had no Russia conspiracy. What they needed was for Trump to fire a bunch of people so they could appoint a Special Counsel (which happened) who would then try to bait Trump into more actions that could be used as a pretext for “obstruction”. Keeping Sessions in office and recused was also a great way to conceal what they were doing.

22. We will most likely never know how things went down. For the longest time, I held hope that there was a purpose “behind the scene” as to why he was given that position, believing he was a good man with a heart for our country.

23. NanetteDragoon says:

The best thing that came out of Jeff Sessions office is Steven Miller. He was Session’s top aid and President Trump was able to grab him and help his own agenda. Steven Miller is a jewel and literally is the only and best thing Session’s can claim as a credit to his service as of now, imo.

24. sir napsalot says:

Sessions had a solidly conservative senate record, and he’s the first big name person to support Trump’s strong immigration policy. Even though I scratch my head of his AG stint, I still supported his run of his old seat against (unknown to me) Tommy Tuberville.

But, right now, the last thing we need/want is another Tell-All book from Sessions. Please respect the result of AL voters, Mr. Jeff Sessions. Even though you may feel strongly about being wronged by other people, please refrain from the temptation of doing another Tell-All. Country first.

25. Peter88 says:

If Sessions wants to redeem himself, now that he’s a private citizen, he can tell everything he knows.