Coming soon to a home near you.  A Missouri mob of looters/protestors was very lucky not to be legally shot as a well-armed couple defend their home from the mob that broke through their perimeter gate.   Video shows the armed couple facing down the mob.

The important aspect is here the mob was not on a public street; the mob represented a clear threat; and Missouri has strong Castle Doctrine laws that do not require a duty of the homeowner to retreat from the threat.  This mob was very fortunate the couple were well disciplined in their use of firearms.

Once the mob broke through the gate, they were effectively in the justifiable kill zone.

Missouri’s law is more extensive than those of other states because it allows you to use deadly force to attack an intruder to protect any private property that you own, in addition to yourself or another individual. This means that if someone illegally enters your front porch or backyard, you can use deadly force against them without retreating first. (link)

Video uploaded to Twitter shows the St. Louis mob unlawfully entering the private property of the homeowners.   Both the gate and the driveway are clearly identified as private property.   This is not public property.

This is also a powder-keg issue and if local and state officials do not take action it is only a matter of time before these types of events lead to shooting.  This is also why the DOJ needs to step-in quickly and begin making arrests of the anarchists and provocateurs who are violating laws and threatening ordinary citizens.

The Democrats are perfectly comfortable stoking the national anxiety and putting a few of their easily led sheep into the kill zone to accomplish their political objectives.

This entry was posted in 2nd Amendment, AG Bill Barr, BGI - Black Grievance Industry, Cold Anger, Cultural Marxism, Culture, Domestic Terrorism, Fabian Socialists - Modern Progressives, media bias, Mob and Rob, Occupy Type Moonbats, Police action, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Terrorist Attacks, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

584 Responses to Domestic Terrorism – Missouri Couple Defends Their Home From Rampaging Mob Who Broke Through Perimeter Gate on Private Property…

1. jumpinjarhead says:

Outrageous that these citizens had to resort to brandishing firearms to protect themselves.

As an important aside, it appears from the way they handled the firearms that they are in dire need of proper defensive training. Defensive use of firearms is a very specialized shooting discipline and requires both competent training and constant practice. Too many Americans, even “gun people,” just do not understand that fundamental truth.

• Jerry D. Mitchell says:

Or they could hire people that know how to protect them.Both is probably best.

• jumpinjarhead says:

Indeed. I find it quite telling that when I point out the need for training, there are invariably some who just can’t help themselves but to post some inanity that underscores my point. Too many Americans, including even Some Treepers, apparently have no idea as to what is required in terms of training and practice to have even a chance at winning a defensive gunfight for one’s life. Apparently, just being a “ ‘Merican” is enough to some.

• jello333 says:

I don’t own a gun at the moment, but believe me I’ve come THIS close to getting a permit and doing it during the past few years. But on average, I probably only fire a gun (of any type) maybe once every 5 years or so.

But what’s weird, is that I never seem to lose what little skill I have. Had a .22 rifle when I was a teen, and with no training at all I could outshoot all my friends and relatives. A little later I joined the Army (post Vietnam) and didn’t stay in very long, but long enough to go through all the “qualification” routines, and got “Expert”. (At the time it was the highest you could get, not sure if that’s still the case.) Since then, I’ve only shot my brother’s rifles and BIG handguns (think Dirty Harry 🙂 ), maybe once every 5 or 10 years. But every time, I outshoot everyone else. I have no idea why this is, since I’ve never hunted, and my dad didn’t even own a gun. Kinda weird.

But having said all that, I still realize that IF I ever get a permit and buy a gun, I’ll still want to get some formal training. Maybe not so much for the “marksmanship” aspect… but more how to deal with real-life stress, emergency situations.

• jumpinjarhead says:

Basic marksmanship is a bit like riding a bike.

Defensive shooting however is a whole different thing—80% gun handling (fast but safe—very easy to shoot your own body parts under stress if you have not trained to the point of muscle memory where everything goes) and 20% marksmanship. Most Americans think a fight for your life is like a gunfight in the movies. Protagonist and antagonist pointing guns at each other and talking for 5 minutes.

Average real gunfight lasts 3 seconds, has 3 rds expended at a distance of no more than 3 yards. Thus the industry standard for presenting a pistol from your holster wearing concealment and getting 2 shots ( “controlled pair”) in the bad guy’s chest at 3 yards is 1.7 seconds.

Very few students coming to my range for training, including those very familiar with guns in general (hunting, military etc.) can meet that standard even after 16 hrs of training. That is why it is a minimum 3 day course at my school to get at least close to that standard and once achieved, daily practice at home with an unloaded gun is required to maintain the skill as it is very perishable.

• jello333 says:

A little off-topic, but there was a “MythBusters” episode where they tried to see how much time you’d have, if armed with a handgun, before a knife-wielding attacker got to you before you could shoot them. If accurate, it was pretty scary.

• jumpinjarhead says:

I would rather be in a gunfight than defend against a knife attack. Often you can be so cut up you cannot be saved. The old 21’ rule is now often 30’.

• jello333 says:

Me too, at least subconsciously. Because whenever I have a dream about someone attacking me, if they have a gun I’m kinda ho-hum about it… but if it’s a knife it’s really terrifying. Where’s Dr. Freud when I need him? 😉

• jumpinjarhead says:

😀

• Rick says:

A phrase I heard, that I will always remember.
                  “The winner of a knife fight is the guy who goes to the hospital”

• jumpinjarhead says:

Exactly! The amount of damage that can be inflicted with just a couple of strokes with a knife can be catastrophic.

80% of those shot with a handgun survive. Indeed, there are myriad instances of perps being shot many times with a 9mm or even a .40, not only surviving but even killing their opponent afterward. .45acp not so much. 😀

In any event, for defensive shooting, proper shot placement is the most important thing but given the in extremis nature of such shooting with fast moving target etc. it is not at all unusual to have bad shot placement even with well-trained LEOs.

Most who criticize LEOs in this regard have never been in a gunfight, although “adequate” training is a legitimate issue for many agencies.

• william says:

I’m a former fast marine. I can put 2 center mast and one to head in about 1.5seconds.

• jumpinjarhead says:

As can I—that is what level of skill is actually required—very very few Americans relying on guns for their own or families’ lives are anywhere near that standard.

Most, according to statistics, have ZERO training and even of those who have “training,” it is very limited—the 2 hour gun safety course or even most state-required CCW courses are woefully inadequate. Even worse, as I have found with many of those having that kind of training, it is VERY hard to get them to accept the FACT they are inadequately trained.

They seem to assume such skill just comes with being an American—it doesn’t. I live in a very rural area in Georgia where nearly everyone thinks they are Daniel Boone. They think killing an animal at 50 yds with a scoped high powered rifle is real “skill” (??!!—a scope no less) and that then necessarily makes them Wyatt Earp or I guess more modernly John Wick.

If (most would never dream of bruising their manly egos with training) they come to my range usually the first sign of trouble is they get their pistol out of their truck with finger on trigger and then muzzle me. When I “tell” them not to do that they then reassure me that “it is unloaded” or even worse “but the safety is on!”

Students seem dumbfounded when I tell them the grim reality that all the training does is give one a fighting (key word for the mindset required) chance to survive.

I make the point that it is probable that their aggressor will already have a deadly weapon he is brandishing or otherwise (“reasonably” in your mind) presenting an imminent deadly threat.

If not, then the law usually says (setting aside the very weak protections of the “castle doctrine” if your state has it) you cannot present and brandish your weapon. Thus you are already waaaay behind your assailant’s OODA loop.

In addition (and to the breathtaking point one of my detractors made in this thread that even thugs with no training and shooting “sideways” manage to hit “something”), the law of self defense in ALL jurisdictions only gives you a limited “privilege” to use deadly force ONLY against your attacker.

Thus, contrary to the gunplay shown in most TV and movie shoot-outs, if you hit ANYONE else, that is a CRIME, and if it is shown you were carrying a gun without proper training, the charge could even be murder (recklessly endangering others).

Far too many carrying guns take it very casually. I often see men carrying a pistol loose in their pockets or women loose in their cavernous purses.

At a minimum, there should be a trigger guard cover on the gun but that really makes presenting the gun in the instant you need it problematic. To me, “carrying a gun” means in a purpose-built CCW holster or purse with you at all times when our in the “world”—not in your glove compartment, console, pocket or regular purse. Indeed, access to the gun and reasonable concealment (not to the point you cannot access it in the time required) becomes the driver for EVERYTHING else—the clothes you wear (no fashionistas), what you have in your gun hand, where you go and what you do.

Apologies to the thread for this detour, but given its importance, I felt it prudent to post.

• Richard says:

I can meet the school standard in spite of being old and crippled or at least I could before my shoulder and eye surgery. I think I still can but have been limited to dry practice because of the lockdown.

In case people think training is a luxury, I was in a class once with a triple amputee (and his remaining limb was damaged). He could meet the standard too because he had been trained. He could even meet the time standard for reloading his revolver. So get your training stat.

• jumpinjarhead says:

What a fantastic post—if only more Americans took ownership of their own safety, got the training they need and then practiced. It is amazing to me how many apparently value their lives and those of their loved ones so cheaply.

• nuthinmuffin says:

hoods shoot their guns sideways and still hit stuff…save your pissing contest for gun sites

• jumpinjarhead says:

You assume far too much. I am not in such a contest as you so crudely put it. I am a professional firearms trainer and merely was encouraging training—is that so difficult to grasp? (Rhetorical question—no answer needed).
        SMH

• gbedell says:

You noticed that too. Disturbing wife had finger on trigger. If that was a Walther, which it looks like, pull is heavy but still that’s bad/no training violating Golden Rule #2. She flinches or gets nervous and we’re having a different discussion.

• jumpinjarhead says:

Well spotted. Not to mention the casual manner and single handed grip with which she was holding the pistol.

The statistics on using a firearm to threaten are dismal. The times it works make it to the “news” but more often than not, especially if the person wielding the gun in self defense indicates lack of training in the manner of presentation and/or hesitation, nervousness etc., the bad guy(s) more usually take the gun away and then kill the defender.

In our school, we do not teach threatening with a firearm. If the gun is presented (that is ONLY done if the carrier believes he or she is in “imminent danger of death or serious bodily injury” (the standard in GA for use of lethal force in self defense)) it should be fired as soon as it is properly aimed. There is usually just no time for hesitation if the self defense legal threshold was present since it necessarily means the threat was already showing a deadly weapon and the “victim” is thus already waaaay behind the assailant’s OODA loop.

As I continue to say, usually in vain to the uninitiated, the situations shown in movies and on TV with deadly opponents pointing guns at each other and talking for minutes on end, are not the reality from a statistical perspective. In the real world, gunfights are instantaneous and brutal. Even the best training and practice only gives one a fighting chance to prevail—there are never any guarantees and that is why it is ALWAYS best to AVOID a life or death situation if at all possible.

In the case of the St. Louis couple for example, we would teach and encourage them to have stayed in their house and waited for the police and only gone to their guns if the terrorists actually violently entered.

In such a case, if the residents are able, it is then far more preferable to retreat (in spite of the often illusory “castle” and “stand your ground” doctrines-especially in those “woke” jurisdictions where prosecutors try to find ways to defeat those defenses, especially if the defender is white and the attackers “of color”) to a “secure” room (one with controllable entries), and make the attackers come to them. They can then be engaged as each enters the “fatal funnel” of the doorway with the defender hopefully firing from a supported position behind “cover.”

2. Linda K. says:

Here is a break on the story. Police may charge protestors with trespassing and intimidation…https://www.dailywire.com/news/police-consider-charging-crowd-confronted-by-armed-st-louis-couple-with-trespassing-intimidation

• GenEarly says:

1Because…….the protesters were going to the Mayor’s House!!! If you don’t live in the Mayor’s neighborhood then ……. It’s JustUs for ROL, not for us Deplorables.
      and BTW, learn to use that rifle and sidearms. CYA because no one else is going to…..

3. Skippy says:

The homeowners were in their stocking feet yelling keep moving for goodness sake! Clearly they were not expecting this. And who was that well dressed tall white man who came through the gate and yelled at the homeowners, please? This was a sad day for America.

4. paper doll says:

I’m not Monday evening quarterbacking these folks. I think they did well considering this mob burst upon them etc.

5. Patriot1 says:

I think this couple did a great job defending their home. Anyone notice the woman? She was doing something on her phone and that barrel never left the target. A little training and she will be a marksman.

6. Donzo says:

The top picture is a case in point. The male homeowner is pointing his rifle directly at his wife.

• gbedell says:

Swept her a few times, didn’t he; she even grabbed the barrel once and moved it; she returned the favor, though. In all seriousness, gotta train.