Friday June 5th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

88 Responses to Friday June 5th – Open Thread

1. Whistling_Past says:

source: icr.org

2. citizen817 says:

3. citizen817 says:

4. mandy says:

Proverbs 26:3

“As a whip for a horse and a prod for a donkey, so is a rod for a lawless nation.”

5. Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Senator Mike Lee just skyped in to Fox News late night special coverage and said that the crazy mayor of DC told the National Guard that their troops there could no longer stay in any local hotels. Now brass is scurrying to try to house them at local armories. Is she just begging the president to bring in the Marines? If so they will take over the mayor’s office for a temporary HQ and set up an encampment nearby.

6. Garrison Hall says:

Maximo Diego Pujol is an Argentine composer. He’s also a fine player. His music is for the most part composed in a modern lyrical idiom and only occasionally hinting at his South American origins. I like just about everything he’s ever written.

7. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Memories

Some golden daybreak the trump is going to sound and the dead in Christ shall rise first and we who are alive and remain shall be caught up to meet the Lord in the air. Then: “We must all appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men…” (II Cor. 5:10,11).

When I stand at the Judgment Seat of Christ
    And He shows me His plan for me;
    The plan of my life as it might have been
    Had He had His way, and I see

How I blocked Him here and checked Him there
    And I would not yield my will,
    Shall I see grief in my Savior’s eyes;
    Grief though He loves me still?

Oh, He’d have me rich, and I stand there poor,
    Stripped of all but His grace,
    While my memory runs like a hunted thing
    Down the paths I can’t retrace.

Then my desolate heart will well-nigh break
    With tears that I cannot shed.
    I’ll cover my face with my empty hands
    And bow my uncrowned head.

No! Lord of the years that are left to me
    I yield them to Thy hand.
    Take me, make me, mold me
    To the pattern Thou hast planned.

—Author Unknown

May God give us the strength to redeem the time wisely. Only one life; ’twill soon be past. Only what’s done for Christ will last.

8. rrick says:

After being held in Iraq for 683 days, Navy veteran Michael White is on his way home to the U.S.

For comparison, the prisoners in Iran were released after 444 days (Nov. 4, 1979 – Jan. 20, 1981). Remember, January 20 is the inauguration of the president. In that year it was Ronald Reagan. Because even Iran knows you don’t mess with a No Bull Shit president.

God bless America.

Dear reader, what have YOU done today to make America great?

• Kureelpa says:

I donated $25 of my husband’s hard earned money, apiece, to Candace Owens, Tom Cotton & Jarome Bell, $30 to Martha McSally & $50 to Elise Stefanik & I returned Lindsey Graham’s $35 check with a scathing note telling him to get back to work & that I hope he gets primaried
      Going to make some healthy Muffins & other than that once the outdoors dries out a bit – I’m going to go work in my garden to do some more planting & weeding.
      What did you do today to MAGA, Rick? 🐸

9. Lucille says:

NYC: Obama analyst who got Hamas-linked CAIR scholarship and Soros fellowship goes bail for bomb-throwing lawyer
    June 4, 2020 5:00 PM By Robert Spencer

All the forces arrayed against free society are coming together in these riots.

The Soros Fellowship is here. And here yet again, note that the New York Post refers to Hamas-linked CAIR as “an organization that critics call anti-Israel and supportive of terrorism but which describes itself as “America’s largest Muslim civil liberties organization.” That’s much better than most establishment media coverage, which usually goes only with how CAIR describes itself. But the Post’s Bob Frederick misleads when he suggests that CAIR’s unsavory ties are only allegations of its “critics.”

10. Donna in Oregon says:

Those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you. – Psalm 9:10

11. Donna in Oregon says:

20 Bible Verses about Perseverance To Help You Through Rough Times
    “For nothing will be impossible with God.”

12. Dora says:

• Donna in Oregon says:

Hey Dora, have you seen these pictures of New York?

• Dora says:

Great pictures! Before my time, but I recognize many of those places. Some things in the city never change.

In one photo, I see an Automat sign lit up. It brings back memories of when I was young and my aunt brought me to the city to see the circus, or the ice show at Madison Square Garden. We would always have lunch in the automat. I don’t know how good the food was, but the place fascinated me. 🙂

Thanks so much for posting that site. It’s a keeper.

• GB Bari says:

Horn and Hardart’s Automat in the ‘50s and earlier were great places to get cooked / prepared food a la carte at extremely reasonable prices. My family visited NYC several times in the late 50s and we kids always loved going to the one on 57th Street. We also visited Philly and went to an Automat there. Can’t recall what street.
          All you needed was a pocket full of nickels dimes and quarters. Kids could operate the coin-op doors that contained individual servings of practically anything you wanted.
          My favorite of course was the oval ceramic dishes of hot baked Mac and cheese. Had the burnt cheese on the edges… also their sandwiches soups and generous slices of pie.

13. Whistling_Past says:

14. Whistling_Past says:

🌞On this day ~
    June 5, 1967
    The Six-Day war began. The United States tried to prevent it through negotiations, but it was not able to persuade Nasser and the other Arab states to cease their belligerent statements and actions. Moreover, while the Arabs were falsely accusing the United States of airlifting supplies to Israel, the Soviets were supplying massive amounts of arms to the Arabs. Simultaneously, the armies of Kuwait, Algeria, Saudi Arabia and Iraq were contributing troops and arms to the Egyptian, Syrian and Jordanian fronts.
    Israel was surrounded and isolated. But its military commanders had conceived a brilliant war strategy. The entire Israeli Air Force, with the exception of just 12 fighters assigned to defend Israeli air space, took off at 7:14 a.m. in “Operation Focus” with the intent of bombing Egyptian airfields while the Egyptian pilots were eating breakfast. The day before the attack, IDF chief of staff Lt. Gen. Yitzhak Rabin, visited several air bases and told the pilots: “Remember: your mission is one of life or death. If you succeed – we win the war; if you fail – God help us.”

• mikeyboo says:

They also spread the rumor that Israel was totally defeated and without protection. The enemy armies were totally shocked and finally defeated. Read Hesh Kestin “The Siege of Ghetto Tel Aviv! Great book based on that dire situation!!!!

15. Pale rider says:

Isaiah 55, “my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, says the lord.”
    It was brought to my attention while reading. Without constant, daily communication with our lord we tend to fall away. We from him, never him from us.
    It says “ I will never leave you or forsake you.” He will not allow his followers to go to far without making himself known to them. As individuals and in corporate relationships. “Judge thyself” becomes important because in so doing you return voluntarily.
    God is with us, how you see him is only in faith. “The clapping of the leaves” in honor of our lord, or just the wind? You interpret.

16. dogsmaw says:

Westlife – You Raise Me Up

17. Dora says:

• jbt says:

I’m sorry, but in so many respects Russia is a sad excuse for a nation. A country of irresponsible and delusional liberals.

• mandy says:

And this …

• mandy says:

I should have added that Bryan/CS news DID report on this, because it was heard all over the area and they were flooded with calls about it. That report stated some kind of ‘valve under pressure’ on the A&M campus was starting to fail and made that sound.

• Pale rider says:

I had to laugh at his reaction. Moth man? Wild cats mating? “Indians whooping in the distance.”

• mandy says:

I can’t find it now, but there is (was) a dashcam vid of an A&M patrol officer. He’s on a dirt road (not uncommon around there). He gets out of his car with his flashlight and walks to the edge of the road. Then the scream happens – and the cop, in one motion, whirls around and throws his flashlight into the woods and makes a beeline back to his car. It was soooo funny!

18. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day for Friday, June 5, 2020

“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:”
    1 Peter 5:8

King James Version (KJV)

19. Donna in Oregon says:

Irish Blessing

Lucky stars above you
    Sunshine on your way
    Many friends to love you
    Joy in work and play
    Laughter to outweigh each care
    In your heart a song
    And gladness waiting everywhere
    All your whole life long

• CC says:

Irish blessings are the greatest! And from a scrappy Irishwoman, my favorite Irish saying….”The terrier is boldest in his own doorway”.!

Part of another Irish blessing:…..”and turn the ankles of our enemies, so we will know them by their limp…”.

20. Sepp says:

. . . but deliver us from the Evil One.

• Minnesotastan regs. require a permit to purchase/carry.
      Safety and instruction is required and the wuflu killed the classes off.
      Application processing, when you can’t even get a d/l renewal?
      Long gun sales must be way up.

21. just stevie says:

GOD’S SAY-SO

“He hath said…so that we may boldly say…” Heb. xiii. 5-6

My say-so is to be built on God’s say-so. God says – “I will never leave thee,” then I can with good courage say – “The Lord is my helper, I will not fear -” I will not be haunted by apprehension. This does not mean that I will not be tempted to fear, but I will remember God’s say-so. I will be full of courage, like a child “bucking himself up” to reach the standard his father wants. Faith in many a one falters when the apprehensions come, they forget the meaning of God’s say-so, forget to take a deep breath spiritually. The only way to get the dread taken out of us is to listen to God’s say-so.

What are you dreading? You are not a coward about it, you are going to face it, but there is a feeling of dread. When there is nothing and no one to help you, say – “But the Lord is my Helper, this second, in my present outlook.” Are you learning to say things after listening to God, or are you saying things and trying to make God’s word fit in? Get hold of the Father’s say-so, and then say with good courage – “I will not fear.” It does not matter what evil or wrong may be in the way, He has said – “I will never leave thee.”

Frailty is another thing that gets in between God’s say-so and ours. When we realize how feeble we are in facing difficulties, the difficulties become like giants, we become like grasshoppers, and God becomes a nonentity. Remember God’s say-so – “I WILL IN NO WISE FAIL YOU.” Have we learned to sing after hearing God’s key-note? Are we always possessed with the courage to say – “The Lord is my helper,” or are we succumbing?

Oswald Chambers
    June 5th Devotional

22. Neo says:

“There is nobody in this country who got rich on their own. Nobody. You built a factory out there – good for you. But I want to be clear. You moved your goods to market on roads the rest of us paid for. You hired workers the rest of us paid to educate. You were safe in your factory because of police forces and fire forces that the rest of us paid for. You didn’t have to worry that marauding bands would come and seize everything at your factory… Now look. You built a factory and it turned into something terrific or a great idea – God bless! Keep a hunk of it. But part of the underlying social contract is you take a hunk of that and pay forward for the next kid who comes along.”
    – Elizabeth Warren, 2011

About that ‘marauding bands’ thing …

23. Dora says:

24. I found Mr. Ismael Hernandez on FB before I blocked myself.
    He founded the Freedom and Virtue Institute.
    This guy is way too smart for me, so I learned alot.

He has written a book titled, “Not Tragically Colored”, published by the ActonInstitute.

25. Dora says:

26. Lucille says:

Hamas-linked CAIR sues Arizona college over prof who told unwelcome truths about Islam and jihad
    June 5, 2020 11:00 AM By Robert Spencer

What Damask taught was true. But Hamas-linked CAIR is determined to obscure that truth, and to make sure as many Americans are as ignorant and complacent as possible about the global jihad threat, and so Damask and Scottsdale Community College must be crushed.

27. czarowniczy says:

Democrats in the Senate and the House are trying to get bills passed that would end the transfer of military equipment to police from state to local level. Unstated but hiding in the wings is the government’s position that it retains title to all military property given to non-DoD personnel/agencies, quite possibly laying groundwork for DoD to selectively take back equipment already issued.

The Federal rep from Arizona 7th Congressional district, Ruben Gallego, is saying: “…our neighborhoods aren’t war zones”. That’s interesting as the crime rate in Phoenix is 42 per 100,000, quite high, Mexican cartels have a major foothold in Phoenix and Phoenix was designated by the DEA as one of the major drug hubs in the US. Then again maybe being originally from Chicago Rep Gallego is comparing his neighborhoods to Chicago’s.

The Rast rhetoric surrounding this bill cxarefully melds peaceful protest with violent protest to make it seem the police are using military equipment to confront peaceful demonstrators and raising the specter of active duty and Guyard personnel being used to quash peaceful, 1st Amendment protected lawful assembly. Their accusations, not mine. They’re restating Trump’s statements about using the military to stop illegal and violent acts of assault, looting and arson if the states and cities can’t/won’t control it themselves to make it look as if he’ll deploy the military to quell peaceful dissent about militarized police oppressing the proles.

We’re back to the Rats trying to, once again, spay and neuter the police in the states, making Federal LEA predominant. The US is one of the rare major countries that still allows cities, counties and states to have fully independent police while the Feds can only intervene when violations of Federal are involved. Granted, the Feds have continually passed and parsed laws to insinuated themselves deeper and deeper into states’ issues but what’s needed is that final push to gut the policing authority of any jurisdiction under the Federal level. This move is another step in that direction – and a backdoor to civilian gun confiscation too.

BTW, SEN Rand Paul’s signed on too.

• I had thought 44, and holde, had put a great deal of equipment in the hands of local law enforcement.
      This seems odd. Remember when bho tried to corner the market on ammo?

• czarowniczy says:

Obama was the spearpoint when it came to Federalizing the police, his DoJ put a number of consent decrees and Federal oversight minders in place.

He already had a handle on local police as the Feds have a number of programs that funnel monies into the local police (they’ve become addicted to it) and the ‘free’ inclusion of Federal LEA to ‘help’ the local police…and spy on them.

The Rats are looking at a system like China’s where the State controls police at all levels, spying on and controlling the population from the bottom up. The Progs see major problems with 50 independent State Police, over 3000 sheriffs’ departments and around 18,000city PDs, a problem they’d like to turn into an asset. Like Chine, the Progs would have one monolithic police system that had a direct and unimpeded reach from DC right into your neighborhood.

Most folks don’t know, it wasn’t widely ‘newsed’, but Biden’s son Beau tried to get all of the sheriffs in Delaware disenfranchised as part of a plan to grab control of the state’s police. The sheriff is the highest ELECTED official in a county and Biden didn’t want any elected LEA with more power than the appointed Chiefs-of-Police. It galled him that an elected official in a sparsely populated county potentially had more power and independence than the mayor/council of a large city in that county. If Biden wins watch for him to rekindle the program to eliminate elected heads of LEAs.

28. ElTocaor says:

Sundance, I’m not on twitter. The word you’re looking for to describe looters thieving other looters is: kleptoparasites.

29. Sepp says:

To Ponder

Let me ponder on the grace of God the Holy Spirit in the Mystery of Baptism:

1. How that grace gives the soul strength to follow Christ.
    2. How it is a pledge of the divine adoption of the baptised.

From “The Prologue from Ohrid” by Saint Nikolai (Serbian-born Bishop who reposed in the USA and was a former prisoner at Dachau).

Today is May 23rd on the traditional Calendar of the Orthodox Christian Church and June 5th on the civil or commercial calendar.

30. NoTwoSystemsOnlyOneChiCom says:

Party politics in Vietnam for the rest of the year. Who will the commies select for leadership? The current all-in-one Pres Trong, 76-years-old, is wielding a heavy hand.

31. dogsmaw says:

32. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

33. auscitizenmom says:

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh and Gen. Flynn:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

34. dogsmaw says: