Today in the Rose Garden President Trump is delivering remarks specific to the protection of US seniors with diabetes and pre-existing medical conditions. Anticipated start time 4:15pm ET  [Livestream Links Below]

WH Livestream LinkFox News Livestream LinkFBN Livestream Link

This entry was posted in Big Government, CDC, Coronavirus, Donald Trump, media bias, President Trump, Press Secretary - Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

66 Responses to President Trump Remarks Discussing Protections for US Seniors With Diabetes – 4:15pm ET Livestream…

1. endtheirs says:

This is why the government should NOT be involved in health care, PERIOD!

2. One way to protect of US seniors with diabetes and pre-existing medical conditions is to keep them away from Andrew Cuomo.

3. Reserved55 says:

GOTV

Attn seniors, President Trump has your back.

4. TonyE says:

Comments are being moderated in the background.

5. bessie2003 says:

The thought runs through my mind, by the President bringing the price down for these much needed medicines, is this one of the tools he is using to get the pharmaceutical manufacturer’s to reshore their production facilities?

One of those businessmen if you do this we’ll make sure you can do that type of give and take by a master negotiator with a team of wolverines?

6. Right to reply says:

The American Diabetes Association needs to change all of their literature. They are actually killing people by telling them they should eat 3 meals a day at 40 carbs per meal. To treat Type 2 you should be on 20 carbs, or fewer, and then you can completely reverse it with no need for medicine.

7. nkmommy says:

Even better than “price transparency” would be “health transparency,” which would tell people how to achieve good health without Big Pharma…for example, hydroxychloroquin not remdesivir for coronavirus or Keto diet not insulin for diabetes.

• TonyE says:

Keto works but it’s very hard to do. It is much, MUCH easier to give up scotch whiskey than potatoes. Just don’t eat many potatoes.

Avoid prepp’ed food with chemicals in it. Cook your own.

For example, yesterday, sous vide’d two month aged prime rib eye in home made teriyaki ( a hint of mirin ), green salad, tomatoes, cucumbers, steamed broccoli, a cup of whole grain rice and a nice bottle of Spanish Rioja.

We split the steak by two, ate about 6 ounces each. That was all we needed. It was delicious.

We did have dessert, a bit of Korean-American cake, sponge cake with very little sugar. Not heavy at all.

Choose your carbs carefully.

• BetsyRossRocked says:

Many can’t afford that pricey meal .

• paper doll says:

My husband and I found it easy, because we felt very good and have lost pounds fast.We make a cake with almond flour….delicious. Will not go back 😀

• paper doll says:

I should add we are in our mid 60’s and we lost about 110 lbs between us . I don’t think that would be possible on others diets at our age…. oh and I have been fat most of my life, so there’s that too.lol

• nkmommy says:

Keto’s not for everyone but I also found it easy and found that my health quickly improved on it. I find continuing on it as a permanent way of life to be easy. I honestly can’t believe that I had to find out about Keto on my own and that no doctor in 10 years mentioned it to me.

• PVCDroid says:

I lost 30 lbs on Keto over 4 months. I did the Phil Mickelson coffee blend first over a week with no food and lost 15 right away. My A1C is back to normal and I feel great. It does take discipline but if you can cook for yourself you just don’t buy the carbs or sweets anymore.

• Kenji says:

That sounds like our typical Sunday/holiday meal. Especially the part where you split the one steak. I used to Wolf-down a nice thick Rib Eye on my own … but in my old age (64.5) … half is enough 1/2 for me, 1/2 for the wife.

And the incredibly HIGH beef prices has us cutting way back. I heard today that the cattlemen aren’t making more $$ on their beef … but the illegal aliens cutting it up at meat processors are spiking the prices higher. The executives, of course … not the slave labor.

8. Reserved55 says:

Cuomo, the President just put you on notice for your killing of nursing home patients

9. owtolunch says:

Trump comes in late – makes reporters sit in sun for extra 35 minutes… facing the sun… they do not look very comfortable… sunglasses on… they can’t get up….. sitting on fold up chairs…
    pence droning on and on..

as bad as Trump tweeting that “wacky future ex-wife Mika” to the world… this is enough to make their heads explode… they will be in rare form today…

master trolling his enemies…

10. mugzey302 says:

We need our troops on OUR border!

11. fred5678 says:

In 2002-3, when I was teaching General Science (physics, chemistry, etc.) I used newspaper stories to teach critical thinking. One story was about annual national disease stats. Almost ALL major diseases — heart disease, cancer, etc. — declined and that was the headline. Buried down a few paragraphs was the news that diabetes Type II was skyrocketing. We discussed the headline and agreed that the headline should have been that the ONLY major disease increasing was Type II diabetes.

Too much sugar and not enough exercise. Totally avoidable disease as I understand.

Type I — that;s another story.

• ms Idaho says:

fred
      you might like this about type 1 diabetes in finland – https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28768407/
      technical but (to me) fascinating
      Need more Vitamin D

• fred5678 says:

Indeed!!

FTA “A statistical error in the estimation of the recommended dietary allowance (RDA) for vitamin D was recently discovered” !!!

• BetsyRossRocked says:

Why doesn’t anyone mention the sad fact that food prices are very high now and many Americans cannot afford fruits and veggies and fresh meat like they used to .
      Junk food eaters used to be thought of as people on welfare or seniors trying to live on their SS check.
      Now it’s working middle class too .

• Sharon says:

I don’t know what I’m missing – but because I prepare my own food, including daily portions of fruit, veggie, and fresh meat, (on a tight, limited income) I can’t afford to eat junk food. Can’t afford to buy it. And I don’t eat the fast food garbage more than once or twice a year when I am needing to perform an act of rebellion.

Anyway, I can’t figure out how eating junk food is less expensive than buying actual food.

• BetsyRossRocked says:

Well… The 1 lb tomato I almost purchased the other day for $ 2.68 / lb got put back pretty fast.
          I did purchase the $ 1.69 head of lettuce tho .

• Sharon says:

If someone preferred junk food, what would they be buying for $1.69? I truly don’t know because I don’t shop or buy it.

• BetsyRossRocked says:

I don’t buy junk food myself but I do shop at the dollar tree for household products and see full size bags of potato chips , corn chips , popcorn etc. box of 6 large soft pretzels from the frozen section ,
              full size packs of cookies dozens of styles , crackers etc. all $ 1.00 each.

• Marc says:

Your local Walmart likely sell 2 liter bottles of store brand sodas for 60 cents a piece, large bags of potato chips for less than $1.50, and plenty of carb heavy cookie and cracker products for less than $2. The least nutritious food in America is usually the cheapest and usually processed and ready to eat. Most folks don’t know how to cook anymore or they work crazy hours and don’t find the time to prep meals.

• jmclever says:

Plus during lockdown it seems there are plenty of prepared foods available while ingredient food is harder to find. I prefer to cook for myself and control my fat, salt, and sugar and avoid chemicals

12. sunnyflower5 says:

I imagine the president can make many decisions under a national emergency.

13. KMD says:

Anybody notice how Dr. Falsi kinda faded outta the spotlight shortly the ‘Kim Jong Un is dead’ story that ‘leaked’???
    I surmised at the time that the story was a ‘canary trap’ to catch Falsi leaking to his ‘wink & nod’ pals in the press sewage pool. The story was just too ‘juicy’ of a bait for Falsi to ignore. Looks like it’s worked, and Falsi’s been effectively neutered from all these briefings. Again, just a thought!

Love watching our beloved alpha male Patriot President tirelessly take on all comers at these sewage pool briefings, wielding his patented New Yawk style of media jujitsu…

14. sunnydaze says:

Great answer on Mail-In Voting from the Prez.

• Grammy850 says:

Mr sunlight Sundance just wondering re the subject of voter fraud have you all noticed the demoncrat gaslighting has started. Everywhere I see they are stating that we republicans commit voter fraud or we are going to with this election. As usual demoncrats projecting their normal way of election voting They cheat and they always have cheated. I am hoping our Mr President can deal with this as we cannot let this happen again. Of course praying is our first and best line of defense. Have a blessed evening treepers. Grammy

• Your Tour Guide says:

Grammy: this is typed way later

You have just described the complete
        “Book of Stacey Abrams”. Commit ACTUAL
        voter fraud, accuse the persons catching you
        at it of “voter supression”.

Then, throw your hat in the ring against
        them so you can claim you’re saving everybody
        from “Voter supression”.

15. minnesotamike55 says:

Maybe the president should take a look at Minnesota’s 81% nursing home death rate and do some pounding on Gubna Walz. Total numbers are lower than most places but we have the highest senior death rate in the nation as of last week.

Please Mr. President, a little highlighting of the lefties and their incompetence, especially in Minneapolis and St Paul, might just be enough to swing the state red.

16. merry says:

Wish Trump addressed mail-in voting here in Oregon. Total fraud. 2016 an aquaintence showed me her three ballots (democrat) one married name, one maiden name and one maiden name with middle initial all three to same address. she voted all three for Hilery with a giggle. Before mail-in ballots (now with free postage) Oregon senators Hatfield and ? After mail-in wyden & merkly. Oregon needs to be cleaned up and disinfected top to bottom.

17. bessie2003 says:

This is actually a very HUGE announcement; for senior citizens not paying more than $35.00 per month for any type of insulin therapy is quite literally life changing.

18. texasooz57 says:

The Diabetes Code, best book on the subject of reversing diabetes without drugs written by a Canadian doctor, Dr. Fung (so Big Pharma, ADA, AMA et al, can’t touch him.) It’s medical, physiological common sense. Diabetes is a hyperinsulemia condition (too much sugar in the cells of the body.) So getting rid of the insulin resistence (sugar in the body), you get rid of the disease. Easy to read. Easy to understand. What harm is there in reading it? The ADA, Big Pharma makes big money on insulin…they want you to remain sick. They want you to believe you can’t reverse diabetes. You can. (The Obesity Code is also good.)

• BetsyRossRocked says:

I did it for my mother .
      She wasn’t a happy camper about giving up her three best friends,
      Mr. Hershey , Ms. Wise and Mr. C. Cola. but she was very happy with the results .
      It can be done but the price of fresh non processed food has sky rocketed in the
      years since .
      Very expensive to eat healthy today.

• flatlandgoober says:

Dr, Fung’s books are life changing. I’ve been intermittent fasting by his guidelines for two years. It is a behavior and can be learned.

There’s another book that has been my guidepost for almost 3 years. “The Barbell Prescription” by Sullivan and Baker. Resistance training, lifting free weights. It makes quick improvements to your metabolism. I’ve dropped three meds including Trulicity (Type 2 diabetes injectable at $600/month) and dramatically improved my cardiac function.

• texasooz57 says:

Wow, congrats, flatlandgoober! And thanks for the book recommend, too. I was cringing when I heard all the talk about insulin today at Trump’s press briefing. Shouting at the TV, “Read Dr. Fung’s book to get off the insulin! Saving your health and your money!”

19. CoffeeBreak says:

This was so excellent. Thank you Sundance and the hard workers behind the scenes. I appreciate you.

20. gingergal says:

I predict Scarborough will be off the air by summer. I doubt he is even sleeping at night.

21. Susa Glenn says:

More real science and a lot less greed by the medical industrial complex would be of benefit to the nation. We have been brainwashed to believe a lot of flat out lies. It is destroying people’s health and bankrupting the nation. For those intrigued by the thought of understanding the science pertaining to diabetes here’s a good article: http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/glucose-sucrose-diabetes.shtml

22. sat0422 says:

If people understand that they were duped by 3+ years of disinformation by much of the news media and the FBI/CIA/et.al. then why are they still opposing the only President in modern times who has told them the truth about the swamp rats? That is the question of the day for me.