April 6th – 2020 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #1173

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Stephanie Grisham Twitter @StephGrisham45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,456 Responses to April 6th – 2020 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #1173

1. FPCHmom says:

Very informative thread about how this virus behaves, and why it is different than original SARS, and explains how asymptomatic carriers happen. Best part comes about 6 tweets down –

2. Jason Ross says:

Muh Pandemic.

Only 358 new hospitalizations in NYC yesterday. 16,837 in total… three-quarters of all patients diagnosed with the virus have been released.

3. Dan Dan says:

ICYMI – FYI China and WHO lied and people Died…

4. fangdog says:

IMO, Dr Facisti and Dr Birx are very dangerous people when it comes to the welfare of the American people. Trump has taken some common sense measures of mitigation with a keen eye on the cure not being worse than the problem.

For me the stock market tells the story. It reflex the reaction of people’s emotions as it relates to their real money in the game. It is no coincidence the market was going down when Facisti and Birx were speaking and made a sharp turnaround the moment Trump started speaking (now up over 1200-points). This has to be a devastating blow to the Globalist elites, commie Democrats, Deep State and anyone else anti-American.

5. WeThePeople2016 says:

6. CM-TX says:

MUST READ! It says much of what those awake are actually thinking…

| Everything You Are Doing Regarding COVID is Wrong |

“These are in no particular order. There’s just too much stupidity to track.”

• thetrain2016 says:

Not everything and not everywhere. Most problems are surfacing in blue states or blue precincts of red states. We’re having a lot more common sense approach here in Redneck County, Florida. As typing, I’m waiting for the tree trimmer, helping the local economy one small step at the time.

• TJ says:

That was hard to read, jumps around. I agree, but you’re better off taking some bullet points and linking, as most people won’t read it.

Staying indoors may do more harm then good

“Formulation of policy regarding vitamin D supplementation in diet for people such as elderly and with low sunlight exposure is hereby recommended. It will be beneficial to reduce influenza related morbidity and mortality during winter season.”

• GB Bari says:

For a person who judges others as “stupid” because of imposing the stay-at-home orders and similar restrictions, Mr. Williamson completely erases any credibility he might otherwise have had by hoping for 10-15 million deaths at the end of his rant.
      Now that’s really stupid.

7. Dan Dan says:

ICYMI – FYI NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo: Number of Deaths has been effectively flat for Two Days

• Jimmy R says:

Nationally, the number has been approximately flat for six days. infection2020.com

• Jimmy R says:

I mean linear, not flat. Deaths are only increasing at +1,000/day these days, which is great news.

• Jim in TN says:

The increase in deaths, or as that site uses, new deaths, peaked on 4/4 and decreased on 4/5, but not as low as 4/3. Is 3 days enough to claim we have crossed the peak or have flattened the death rate? Who knows?

Data is probably dominated by NYC. Even if NYC starts declining, another location can keep rising and reignite the nationwide increase in deaths.

• Judith says:

It’s going to be Florida next, with it’s large elderly population. Two-three weeks ago it was teeming with tourists from around the world in Disney, on Cruise ships, and spring breakers from all over the country. The elderly will be hit hard unless they get that drug regimen.

Elderly have a bad time with any flu’s. My dad’s assisted living had to lock down every year for flu, c-diff, etc.. I hope they’re gearing up.

8. Jeffrey407 says:

Does anyone have daily NYC deaths during March in previous years? Given that non-COVID deaths are down precipitously the morgue capacity narrative doesn’t make sense on the surface

• iForgot says:

Using CDC WONDER for March 2018:
      Bronx County, NY (36005): 838
      New York County, NY (36061): 896
      Queens County, NY (36081): 1,253

You can find it all here, including by cause:

• farmerren says:

I’d like to know more about this too.

When I first saw pictures of refrigerator trucks parked in NYC, I thought they were there for ‘for show’ / optics, admittedly due to my lack of trust in Cuomo and DeBlasio.

Then I started to wonder about the efficiency of how the morgue(s) are run, day to day. I am assuming NYC could have many different factors (challenges) requiring a body to remain or even linger in the morgue.

9. FPCHmom says:

10. TJ says:

QUARANTINE SHAMING

Calling out those who go out for daily activities or don’t abide by social distancing rules.

• treehouseron says:

I’ll bet eventually scientists prove it’s nearly impossible to get a virus on a beach. Lots of sun, heat, salt water everywhere, most of the people are young, etc.

• gingergal says:

The willingness of the population to fall in line and accept this, and the hostility towards those of us who DON’T accept this is what is worrying. They can turn us against each other so easily.

• wee2low says:

The only thing you have to do is refuse to accept the social shaming. I will not be shamed by anyone and I will shame them right back. I know that I will be calling many people sheep in the coming months. Warming up my bird as we speak, I suggest you do the same.

• Beau Geste says:

You aren’t ‘woke’ if you do not feel ashamed or afraid if you do not do what a self-appointed ‘woke’ person demands.
          Maybe you are even a ‘deplorable’?

• scrap1ron says:

Social shaming? I never was one of the cool kids, and I like myself well enough for every body.

• QCM says:

A simple bit forcefully delivered F U to the shamers works best, then carry on as you otherwise would!

• gingergal says:

We actually had a woman yell at us over trying to frequent a “nonessential” business. I have never had the urge so strongly to give someone the finger.

• NC Mom says:

You should have!

• Beau Geste says:

“Nonessential” = “Deplorable”?

That is shaming-by-Dem-government, to be officially shamed in what you do as being “non-essential”.
          Maybe it is the crooked, contracts-and-votes- for-sale Dem and GOPe politicians who are “non-essential”?

• TJ says:

My friend works in grocery distribution for a discount store.

The other day he had to fill in for someone in the stocking dept, because many people quit in fear of getting, “THE DISEASE”.

He’s stocking shelves, so a stock person could cashier. A woman starts chastising him for not wearing a mask. He’s been working a lot, getting overtime, and loving it…but then he lost it.

“That’s because all of you panicked and hoarded all the masks leaving nothing for anyone else, including us!” “oh, sorry about that…”

• Garavaglia says:

That’s right. Don’t give these sacks of s&*t an inch. Give it right back to em. Be prepared to whip some ass if necessary

• treehouseron says:

I’m so happy I wasn’t there, I would have shamed that woman all the way to her car. What gives her the right to venture out of her damn cave and then get on the few people that are brave enough to make sure she has a bag of cheetos tonight? Then I would have shook the guy’s hand and handed him a tip in front of her ignorant ass.

• Leaving says:

I find that just saying “ok” in a calm accepting voice and then ignoring what they say drives people trying to pressure you NUTS.

They don’t just want you to hear them. They want to control your actions. When you demonstrated that you have heard them but they have no impact on your behavior, they can’t stand it.

• treehouseron says:

I haven’t matured to your level yet. I can’t get over the urge to let them know just how dumb they are…. When somebody insults me like that, There’s a small possibility that I may end up naked.

• treehouseron says:

I agree, I’m just a redneck but I get really vulgar when somebody crosses the line on me on something like that. I think the shock of the over reaction really sends the point home.

11. Jeffrey407 says:

I found this in a NY Times (yuck) article; not sure if the historical numbers foot to one death every 8 or 9 minutes in NYC that I have read elsewhere or if the stated average number of 158 is correct

“New York City reported a one-day total of 351 deaths on Sunday morning. On a normal day in New York City, 158 people die, so more than twice as many people in the city are dying of the virus than of all other causes combined”

12. FPCHmom says:

I guess they are going to pretend like the illegitimate one (maybe more) doesn’t exist. Wow.

13. Dan Dan says:

ICYMI – FYI The IMHE model of Wuhan continues to be garbage…

• vikingmom says:

I have been screaming about the mind numbing inaccuracies in the IHME data for weeks!

Not only did they massively overestimate the number of deaths, just as importantly, they massively underestimated the number of ICU beds in every state, which led to the fear that our Healthcare System would be overrun! So by overestimating the number of deaths by three fold and undercounting the number of beds, also by three fold, they forced fear induced shutdowns of almost every state. And this was the model that was used to justify the National “pause” for an additional 30 days

And isn’t it interesting that as soon as the President announced that, all the models shifted and their numbers started dropping significantly! He needs to come out this week, if not today, and announce that he’s rescinding the additional shut down and reopening the economy immediately. Make the governors own the economic collapse in their own States! Including whiny Jay Inslee in my state of Washington, who has spent the last three years ignoring every problem we have faced, while suing the federal government every chance he gets! And he’s right back at it this morning, blaming the feds for not being prepared, when it was his incompetence and lack of leadership that started this whole massive over reaction to a flu outbreak in a poorly run nursing home!

• FPCHmom says:

I just took a look at the revised model, and it is still projecting the deaths wrong.

It has the peak happening in 10 days at 3,000 deaths per day. Yet, it has been steady at around 1,000 – 1,300 per day nation-wide for the last 4 days. And New York deaths are steady, and hospitalizations are decreasing. And here in California, they just revised the peak forward to April 15th, and the overall deaths down from about 5,000 to 1,700 total.

So there is not likely to be a spike the way they are still modeling. Maybe it will hover at the same level for a week, but I don’t see a way to get to the 82,000 deaths they are predicting (by August) with the current numbers.

• dallasdan says:

Fauci ans Birx are wearing the model like an albatross, all because they were too eager to embrace its dire projections. The situation may eventuate to serious and lasting reputational damage to them both.

14. WeThePeople2016 says:

• GB Bari says:

I support Mark Meadows’ appointment.

I disagree with using Politico as a source for anything. They are horribly and irrationally biased against President Trump in every topic. I refuse to give them my clicks.

15. WeThePeople2016 says:

Amen!!

16. WeThePeople2016 says:

• Bendix says:

Many people want it. I am not an anti-vaxxer, but if many Americans want this investigation, that’s a better use of our tax dollars than much of the stuff we waste money on.

• NvMtnOldMan says:

We—My #1 question–with all of the millions of vaccine shots put out in the last 20 or so years why is the death rate from flu still so high???? Question#2–so these vaccines lower the body’s natural immunity to the flu??? Question #3— Is the death rate for older folks higher because they have probably had more vaccines than younger folks?? I am 84 and would like to know.

• WeThePeople2016 says:

Great questions!!

• Medicine Man says:

Let me do my best to answer some of your questions:

1) flu viruses mutates every year so the vaccine has antigens for 4 strains for what is expected to circulate the next season. H1N1, H3N2 and 2 different B strains. More circulating that that but these cover a majority. They change every season. This year was primarily a H1N1 and a B strain season. First time we saw a major B season in 23 years but one never knows.
        2). Normally, 50% of the population gets a flu vaccine. 165 million people. This year 60%.
        3). Every year, for example, the peds patients that die from the flu, 80% plus are UNvaccinated. That data is easy to find from the charts and medical records. We see similar data in all flu mortality (unvaccinated vs vaccinated) but is the most striking in the pediatric patients.
        3). Yes, 80k patients is a lot but in a population of 330 million where 165 million don’t vaccinate, that’s 0.025%.
        4). Yes, the vaccine isn’t perfect because the virus mutates so much, but partial protection does make the flu have less morbidity. Data is clear.

Here is a nice graphic regarding hospitalizations/deaths averted by vaccinations.

• Jim in TN says:

One more point. Our bodies are the selector in the natural selection of flu viruses. Mutations that fail to take hold are dead ends. Mutations that get around our defenses have a wide open resource of humans to infect.

Vaccinations help prepare our bodies to reject known viruses leaving an open playing field for unrejected versions. I.e. the mutation may not have amounted to much in competition with the unmutated virus, but the vaccination helped you defeat the unmutated version. So having gotten around your defenses, the mutation is helped by your defenses in its fight for your body.

How did Goldblum’s character put it? Life finds a wsy.

• Though these are really questions best posed to your doctor and not a comment forum, I’ll take a stab at it. I’m over-simplifying for the sake of space.

1. Viruses mutate at different rates, and how closely a vaccine matches a virus in its current state determines the effectiveness of the shot. Seasonal influenza viruses have more than one strain, and flu viruses are among the most rapidly-changing ones we have ever identified. Because flu traverses the globe every year, there’s a demand for millions of immunizations, and the only way to even begin to meet that demand is to start manufacturing the shots en masse months before the season begins.

Unfortunately, that also means we must make educated guesses about how the virus will mutate ahead of time. Better guesses means more effective shots. Perhaps in future we will develop technology to mass-manufacture medications more quickly. In addition, flu often doesn’t kill by itself. When bodies are attacked by one disease, other opportunistic infections try to get established. So a flu victim may die of pneumonia (for example), which would not have been there without the flu coming first to weaken them.

If you are indeed 84 (I wonder), you should remember quite clearly the dramatic before/after difference the polio vaccine made on the spread of that disease. Polio is a very slow-changing virus. One dose protects you for a long time, though getting a booster may be recommended before international travel. Same goes for meningitis and some others, just the childhood series is needed. In between are ones like tetanus. You need that shot every 6-8 years. Or the shingles shots, which fight Herpes Zoster, the chicken pox virus. HZ doesn’t leave the body after you recover from chicken pox. It can re-emerge VERY painfully in localized areas, usually after age 60, unless you get that vaccine series near retirement age.

2. Vaccines INCREASE a body’s immunity capabilities, not the opposite. The main method is to employ inactivated virus to “teach” your immune system to make antibodies that can combat the diseases. This is what happens when you fight a disease without meds, you produce antibodies. Sometimes the disease can kill you (or other infections will) however, hence the obvious need for effective vaccines to assist your immune system.

3. The reason I questioned whether you were really 84 is that older folks have normally had fewer vaccines over their lifetimes than younger folks. I’m only 66, but I had already survived measles (both kinds), chicken pox and mumps as a child years before the vaccines for those diseases existed. So I had antibodies made by my own immune system for those, and had no need to get those shots later.

Senior patients ultimately die because all bodies and body tissues have a “sell-by” date, varying from person to person. As we age, we all inevitably become less able to fight off diseases and infections. Nothing can change that, including a healthy diet and good lifestyle habits. Healthy habits primarily extend the QUALITY of your life, not its duration. You get to feel better and do more in the time you’ve got. Medications can’t reverse that fact either, though sometimes the right ones taken in an acute situation can help grant us a bit of extra time.

17. Bogeyfree says:

Get ready for the great shift this week………..

Since the spread of the disease is slowing what does the DS have left to keep this fraud, crisis and chaos going in order to demand the country stays shut down longer??

ASYSTEMATIC

This will be their new word and focus!

Why?

Because they get to claim 25-50% of the entire population in the country is asystematic meaning between 82M and 165M citizens are carriers of the virus without showing symptoms.

So guess what?

The liberal governors will hide behind this and use it to continue that their states maintain stay at home rules deep into summer.

Remember the goal is destroy PT by destroying his economy, jobs and thus blame everything on him come Nov in order to win a political election.

Fear, fake news, bogus models and DS operatives within the key agencies are their tools.

So watch for every night this week, beginning with tonight’s episode, the shift to their new concern that millions upon millions of people are asystematic and will continue to spread this virus thus the infamous second wave is coming.

These people are pure evil IMO.

• wondering999 says:

Think you mean “asymptomatic”
      but yeah that seems to be new focus for CYA

• Bendix says:

And they are stretching it when they say asymptomatic. They mean mild symptoms that may be ignored, not feeling great but walking around infecting people.
        If you aren’t coughing and sneezing at them, if people get sick it’s on them, from not washing their hands or putting their fingers in their mouths, etc.
        If this disease is so magical you can infect people just by breathing near them, withing ten feet, we would see way more cases than we have.

• Hans says:

Not going to work in my opinion….the face mask are now be addressed the task of you passing the virus… not you protecting yourself.. social shaming..next…
      so president trump say You can help not infecting others by wrapping a scarf arround Your neck… You can make a home made scarf…

Everyone get back to work.. wear your face mask…. in two weeks this will be all over…the stock market knows this.. it’s up.. this was supposedly the day when the 1500 deaths were to hit New York…it’s at 599…. ITS OVER….

• FPCHmom says:

Asymptomatic spread can be stopped by wearing a mask, which is what should have been recommended from the start along with the other initial social distancing (not shutdown) and hand washing, etc. recommendations.

18. Eric C. says:

Huntsville (AL) Hospital CEO talking at Madison County (AL) EMA daily press conference. 2 points:

1) In house testing has helped tremendously. Last week they would have 40 people in-hospital that were “under investigation” – meaning suspected waiting for tests. This was before they had in-house testing and those patients were treated as having Covid-19 until test came back negative, therefore lots of extra PPE. When he left for this meeting, there were only 3 and the turn around is quick. So they are using way less PPE.

2) Moody’s called this week and is doing the bond rating for them. This affects the interest rate on their debt payments. He said it could not have come at a worse time, but it’s something they have to deal with. He said it’ll be interesting since they’re the first hospital to be rated since hospitals nation wide have canceled all elective surgeries. Their financials right now are going to look horrible based on these cancellations.

• Eric C. says:

This “episode” is killing the medical industry with cancellation of elective surgeries. You would think the medical industry would boom with a bunch of “sick” people, but actually the opposite. It’s an interesting look from that perspective.

Also, think of all the peditrician offices that aren’t seeing a bunch of sick kids since they closed the “germ factories” (schools).

• bertdilbert says:

I went to a Kaiser pharmacy. They had about 10 people outside as screeners and such. That is 10 people performing a new service with no offsetting income.

• Due Gonzalez says:

CEO Spiller explained in an earlier press briefing that elective surgeries are the money makers for the hospital. Inpatient admissions do not help with their bottom line. This is a whole other area that needs to be addressed but this thread is not the place.

• Rileytrips says:

Eric, it’s killing people, too. No one can get a biopsy for a tumor – they have to wait until mid to end of May at the earliest. Many cancers are aggressive and will spread during this time. You would think “THEY” could have allowed some surgical teams to use dedicated out patient surgery centers for this right now, instead of forcing people to risk their lives by waiting 6 to 8 weeks for a biopsy.

• cjzak says:

Just like socialized, single payer, govt. run healthcare would be. Hope people are getting a nice, bitter taste in their mouths about how wonderful a socialist/communist country would be.

• Edith says:

I work for an anesthesiologist group that works out of multiple states. They just furloughed about half of my department because they have lost about 65 percent of the work.

• gmbliss says:

How else do you quickly turn people on to a National Health Service? Get in line for elective surgeries.

19. Dan Dan says:

ICYMI – FYI The Pandemic is looking to be a normal Seasonal Virus so now they want to cause Mass Suicide…!!!

20. Ken Maritch says:

Governors, Mayors, and even businesses (who took it upon themselves to develop their own procedures that exceeded the governments guidelines) must be held accountable.

• jimrockfish says:

Yep, you have to fight back. That’s the only thing that will get these SJW types to pay attention. Those of us who support the President and the Constitution are usually pretty calm and just ignore idiots because it’s easier. I’m not ignoring people right now.

Kid at chic-fil-a handing me my food Saturday was telling me how disappointed he was in our governor waiting so long to lock us at home. And how he’s still disappointed the order isn’t more strict. Really kid? He told the wrong person his opinion. He got an earful back from me. I’m over all this and the people cheerleading for more of it.

• Edith says:

Yep, I agree. I drove up to my local winery this weekend to pick up some wine I ordered. Only one person at a time allowed in the place as you pick up your wine. It was a beautiful day and I can’t help but think how busy they would have been. Since we are in VA they have no plans to reopen until June 10th. They are not happy at all!

• dallasdan says:

People will be critical of the fearmongers, but I seriously doubt there will be punitive consequences for their overreactions. They will claim their decisions were the primary means by which the virus was overcome, and no one can prove them wrong.

• oldumb says:

Nope.
      #1 mayors run their towns their way — not the feds.
      #2 Governor are to run their state, not the feds.
      #3 Business have a right to run their business any f-ing way they choose.
      They should all be accountable – just not to fed rules.

21. rustybritches says:

Im sorry, because I am going to say something that maybe I shouldn’t here The people in the Uk are getting out today in the sun light and going for walks and they are saying that they cant arrest all of them people are keeping their distance from others but still out in the sun light and fresh air
    I am thankful today that I live where I do because I can get out here and ride and for the time being not bother anyone else. The air is clean here and even though today its a bit gloomy because of the soon to be rain coming I am grateful that I can work in my yard and ride on the back 40 and no one says a dam word to me.. Those people who lived piled on top of each other such as New York are the ones that has been affected by this virus Those states who have a lot of room to move about and the sun shines are the states that if you notice are not the ones that have the greatest Sickness
    President Trump regardless of what the media says should see where these states are with their sick and start slowly to open the country back up.
    The Dem govs are the only ones complaining and they are doing so not because the President has not done enough for them but the Dems plan to bring PT down again That’s all they care about however not even if they were to write in Cuomo and take out Biden would people not stand with this President,, I have said this before and I will say it again,, Cuomo has done nothing for his state but create a big debt and he has a terrible major who is the biggest commie in the world
    If not for President Trump nothing would have gotten done for those people because in reality
    Cuomo don’t like being on the front lines of a problem, and what ever you do don’t stand in the way when him or schomer is going for the TV Camera. He is giving mixed Messages right now about running in Bidens place, but maybe the dems would back someone like him only to learn that he is as crooked as Obama was so what could go wrong.. .

• wondering999 says:

Being outdoors is a powerful antidepressant also.
      I’m not staying indoors either.

• oldumb says:

I live a mile from a 3000 acres state park with a huge lake. CLOSED for Covid. I am in southern Illinois. We have no covid here, but 3000 acres of grass trees and water is closed to keep me safe.
        Our governor is worse than Cuomo and newsome combined. He is a toad.

• wondering999 says:

oldumb, because it doesn’t make sense by normal standards, I can only conclude that something else is going on that I don’t know about.

• oldumb says:

I thought the same thing. But I think they just are just stupid as hell and doing the exact opposite of right.

We had a SMALL church get fined and shut down, because the preacher and 4 others were there on Sunday morning doing live stream service, They CAN’T do it from the church, only from their private home. ACLU much? I want my money I sent to the ACLU in the early 90’s.

• Lady in Red says:

I am in NYC and spent a couple of hours walking around Central Park yesterday. With LOTS of other people, enjoying the sun and blooming trees/flowers. It was beautiful. People are catching on, I think. Only about a quarter of the people I saw were wearing masks, but all were pretty good about their distancing from one another. BTW, walked past the field hospital they set up in the park. It seemed pretty darn quiet.

• Chip Doctor says:

Rusty, why do think you shouldn’t post this here? I like your post and think it adds to the conversation. Keep posting. 😁

• Same here rustybritches.

We are out and about in our beautiful state.

While all of the attention is on the cities where they live piled one on top of each other in small homes with no yards we in rural areas are living wild and free so to speak.

I hope the best for our city dwelling citizens, they love their cities like we love our open spaces.

But while we are able to walk freely about our own yards, farms and ranches full of aspen and evergreens they sadly must brave the state gestapo to even enjoy their beautiful city parks for a little stroll.

Enjoy your back 40 rustybritches.

I will think about you while I am walking down by our pond near out small aspen forest (only a few acres).

The wild flowers are starting to bloom and the meadow by the pond is lovely.

The media has a lot of names for people like you and me, usually negative names, redneck etc, but I would not trade by Heaven on Earth for what they have right now.

And I have a lot of prayers for our city friends who must cope with the worst of this virus just because they love where they live.

They do not deserve to be herded like animals and the loss of their civil liberties.

I hope they can hang in there and build our beautiful cities back to what they were before the liberals turned them into what they are today.

• Janice says:

I am thankful every day I don’t live in a city! I praise God constantly.

• FPCHmom says:

Most cities did okay with this virus. It was the places with leadership that said, “Go out and mingle with people to show you are not a racist,” or who did not want to cancel the cash cow event for their city that have had terrible spikes in the virus.

DeBlasio and other NYC leaders, and the mayor of New Orleans are at least partially responsible for the magnitude of the outbreaks in their communities.

• oldumb says:

It is my unfounded theory that the “hot spots” are where the businesspeople that are in the business of selling out their country live and travel to china. Seattle, LA, NY, etc.

22. Courtney says:

On April 1 there were 4,059 Coronavirus Deaths in the U.S.

On April 5 there are 9,618 Coronavirus Deaths in the U.S.

Increase of 5,559 Deaths.

On April 1, I believe Dr. Birx/Fauci projected between 100,000 to 250,000 deaths in 15 days or by April 15.

To meet their best case lowest projection there would have to be 9,444 deaths per day.

To meet their worst case highest projections there would have to be 24,441 deaths per day.

What happen to their 2 million death projection?

P/T now has enough evidence/knowledge to open up the country really soon. P/T news conference yesterday implied the opening will be coming soon.

P/T can now claim by his leadership; he saved hundreds of thousands of lives.
    P/T can now show the comparisons of the yearly flu virus and the coronavirus which is a solid argument backed by real numbers.
    P/T can now show the human lives that will be lost if the country is not opened.
    P/T can now show the human economic suffering if the country is not opened.
    P/T now has enough data/experience/knowledge to reverse the fear of at least 60% of the country.

IMO P/T should start to open up sections of the country by April 15 and the entire country by May 1.

It will be interesting to see if the Blue states resist the opening of the country and the Red states comply.

If the left is that stupid/evil; by the Nov. election the Blue states will be 3rd world country states and the Red States will be in the MAGA universe.

President Trump will win the Presidential election by a landslide.

• thetrain2016 says:

Why stubbornly sticking to the 2 million number as prediction? That number was an estimate if no actions taken in time. Nobody said it’s going to happen.

• oldumb says:

Why not? All of the model numbers are fiction, until yesterdays numbers are plugged in to give the new “number”. 2 million or 20 it is all fake as hell. BTW there is a 99% chance – still – that Hillary wins the 2016 election.. per my model.

• thetrain2016 says:

Fake? Models are not polls. They’re not based on opinion, but historic data. Models have high and low numbers, mitigation helps to get the actual numbers closer to the low. Lower numbers can only be achieved by limiting person to person contacts and that’s what happening.

• oldumb says:

Yes FAKE. All models START with made up numbers and are continually updated with up to date information.
            You have zero proof that lower numbers are achieved. That is an unfounded beief.

• Eric says:

Good points

Exactly; PT now has enough data/experience/knowledge to reverse the fear of at least 60% of the country

President Trump needed this period of time to make sure this invisible enemy did not have the potential to kill 10’s of millions of Americans.

I wonder if the business round table and chamber of commerce (friends of China/globalism) will give up short term profits for globalism. Seems impossible but you never know.

I hope PT starts to open up the country on April 15th because there is a possibility of resistance that will take more time for the opening. 15 days sooner will have a major positive impact on the economy. There will certainly be a press war.

• oldumb says:

I love the Trumpster, MR. POTUS, but he saved no one. Every single person that hid from the virus will see it again – and soon. No one hides from a virus. The virus will find each and every person – sooner or later. The corona virus is 8000 years old and still working as hard as ever.

23. Lady in Red says:

Update on those upcoming NYC park burials…

• Mike Robinson says:

This is fake news.

There is not – and, there is never going to be – “so many deaths that we must open mass graves in parks.” They’re simply continuing to try to frighten you. Knowing full well that some people will believe anything they read in the newspaper, or, on the net.

• Bendix says:

I didn’t read down far enough. This is EXACTLY what I said above, this would be a contingency plan in the event of a catastrophe.
      It boggles the mind, that he came out and said this, and attached the word “soon”, which has a meaning.
      Just to sound like a know-it-all insider.
      Ghoul.
      This isn’t good enough, he needs to be reprimanded for even saying this.

• Debra says:

So there are no crematoriums in NYC . . .?

• Debra says:

Oh. I forgot. To be cremated is much less costly than burial. NY Governor is looking for highest federal reimbursement figures he can get.

Also, are bodies stacking up because the dead are foreigners and there is no family ‘here’ that can claim them? I recall more than one question asked at the pressers as to whether the costs incurred by illegal alien Corona virus victims are going to be covered by the fed . . .

• Mad Mike says:

Dem City Councilman, huh? What more do we need to know.

The fact that flat-out lies and misdirection can go on for days and days (or weeks, months) with social media… for the ruling class that are trying to control our everyday lives and manipulate us, what golden times these are.

24. k4jjj says:

So, the federal government cannot send $1,200 paper stimulus checks until August or September?

Solution: Not a single federal employee receives another dime of wages until AFTER those checks are mailed. You will see the federal bureaucracy move at the speed of light to send out the checks.

25. FPCHmom says:

Both “flawed” (or inflated) models were funded by Bill Gates.

OANN should ask about this and whether Birx and Fauci are getting paid by or affiliated with the Gates Foundation.

• listingstarboard says:

Praying that people start looking into Gates de-population agenda.

• GB Bari says:

IMHO, Bill Gates should be the subject of intense investigations by as many people as possible. IMHO, (and the opinion of many others) Gates’ efforts have been and continue to be a serious threat to our well-being as a society.

There are a large number of sources on the internet in which his efforts and shadowy associations have been well-documented and explained.

26. MaineCoon says:

Excerpts from the article are posted below, but the article is longer with several embedded videos. Kike Sundance, Martin Armstrong knew something didn’t smell right from the get-go of this outbreak and said he would investigate it. He has the largest worldwide institutional clientele. Upon request, he will advise governments but never takes money from governments. He reported back in a series of private/public blog posts. This is just one article. Take note of the AT&T chairman’s actions. Many elites-elites in Europe did this. The virus was used. A ploy.

FTA: While we are all in prison since home confinement if a punishment inflicted by courts, we face the most amazing power grab in all recorded history thanks to socialism which authorizes the government to pretend to “care” for our well being as long it is profitable. This is one of the greatest rearrangements of power in modern history unfolding before our eyes—and governments are counting of scaring-the-hell out of people to ensure we’re too overwhelmed to do anything about it.

Since January, elites sold their entire stock and bond portfolios and went to cash. I know 100% that they were even tipped off to do so without necessarily outlining the objectives just stating there was this virus. Over the past weeks, governments have used this virus to expand their powers in unprecedented ways all in an amazing effort to save us from certain doom.

Meanwhile, Christine Legarde is pushing hard for the cancellation of the paper currency and move to digital. As head of the IMF, she personally threatened all the tax havens to give everyone up and even threatened the Vatican to remove it from the world monetary system unless they reveal all transfers.

Even in the land of the free and the home of the brave, the US Justice Department asked lawmakers for the power to request that defendants be detained indefinitely without trial during emergencies.

Anthony Fauci was asked by host Anderson Cooper on CNN in an effort to undermine Trump: “Knowing the science, does it make sense to you that some states are still not issuing stay-at-home orders? I mean, whether there should be a federally mandated directive for that or not, I guess that’s more of a political question, but just scientifically, doesn’t everybody have to be on the same page with this stuff?” Fauci is clearly in the pocket of Bill Gates and is systematically trying to shut down the world economy to prevent a death that are a fraction of those who die by the flu and less than those who die in car crashes.

What is going on is VERY Dangerous. Fauci is bought and paid for and should be investigated. Bill Gates donated $100 million to Fauci’s NIH and $13.5 million to CDC. It was Bill Gates on February 28th who was already calling this a major pandemic ahead of everyone. The number of deaths is less than 10% of those caused annually by the flu. This does not add up to warrant the destruction of the economy which Fauci and Gates are advocating.

In 2017, Fauci was already saying that the Trump administration would face a “surprise” pandemic because this has been staged. (A Partnership Georgetown University’s Center for Global Health Science and Security and Harvard University’s Global Health Institute Pandemic Preparedness in the Next Administration, Keynote Address was by Anthony Fauci).

It has been Bill Gates calling for 10 more weeks of lockdown!

You can imaging with a $400 billion loss on the two companies where he was a board member, he would not be very popular. We will have to wait for his next SEC filing to see what he sold since his last filing as of February 14, 2020, with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. If he sold all or a major part of his 50 million shares in Berkshire after February 14th, 2020, he should be investigated and put in prison for manipulating markets. The government under existing law would then be entitled to confiscate all the wealth of the Gates Foundation.

Nancy Pelosi used this manufactured crisis to introduce a digital currency to eliminate cash, which Trump demanded was removed, and still, she has supported the introduction of legislation to take away guns (H.R.5717 – Gun Violence Prevention and Community Safety Act of 2020). She claims Trump fiddled like Nero as Rome burned, but she delayed it for 2 days trying to get a digital currency stuffed in there while the same people died she has been blaming Trump for.

Trump has been trying desperately to fight back, but the Fake News is so intent upon overthrowing our way of life it is not a battle easily won. As a matter of NATIONAL SECURITY, he should immediately restore the FCC rule of the Fairness Doctrine and extend it to the print media and to social media such as Facebook, Apple, and of course Google. If he does NOT do this, all our freedoms are in danger of extinction.

AT&T is the ultimate owner of CNN. Everyone should write to the chairman of AT&T Randall Lynn Stephenson to defend your liberty and one should question was he one of the elites who sold everything in January as many did after that January 2020 meeting in Switzerland?

• Jim in TN says:

All in cash is the worst place you can be in a currency swap. The elites will probably protect themselves in that too, but the value of hard assets won’t arbitrarily be changed in a currency change over.

27. Magabear says:

753 wuhan virus deaths so far today, 599 from NY (NYC for the most part). Isolate that region and reopen America!

• yadent says:

Deaths FROM Wuhan virus or WITH it present??

• Magabear says:

I’m just going by worldometer numbers. Whether the numbers being fed to them are accurate is up for debate

• FPCHmom says:

Here’s the tracker Magabear mentioned. It is a good way to look at countries or states in the US, and can be sorted by total deaths, infections, and deaths by million. Best results are to look at yesterday for info rather than the now snapshot.

Also good to see how well the US is faring compared to European countries, if you account for population size.

When you look at this, it is easy to see how far off the models (even recently adjusted) for deaths are. It looks like we might be already hitting the inflection point (even for deaths, which lags behind new cases and hospitalizations), which is great news.

Also, it will be much harder to continue to pad the CV deaths (if they have been) as the infections and hospitalizations decrease.

• Little Berkeley Conservative says:

We’re holding steady for last two days.

Sixty two positives, two deaths and ten recovered.

Two deaths is 0.46 per 100,000 people.

The population in Monterey County is 435,000 people….officially. I’m sure there’s one or two extra people here, unofficially.

28. The Defiant One says:

Turns out the “Crying Nurse” from CBS about lacking PPEs was fraudulent.

TLDR: From Jordan Schachtel, “So she had been on the job for a day or two, after taking a year off to pursue something resembling an Instagram model career, and she “quit” because of the conditions. Deliberate misrepresentation of her career means you cannot take her other statements at face value.”

So to sum up, the MEDIA LIES BLATANTLY, AND THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO WANT YOU INSANE WITH FEAR.

TRUST TRUMP!

• convert says:

Specifically she quit because they would not let her use a mask from home. totally understandable on the hospital’s part. She also clarified to Senator Sanders in another tweet that there were actually plenty of masks they just restricted when and where she could wear them.

• Little Berkeley Conservative says:

Lol! I always wear my radioactively contaminated gloves outside the hot lab and shake hand with everyone, as I make my way to the cafeteria.

I should start videoing people doing stupid stuff with PPE. It would be funny, but pale in comparison to a day at the launch ramp!

• Lady in Red says:

CBS. They also ran the video of a hospital in Italy and claimed it was NYC.

• bearsgrrr says:

Fraud you say? I’m shocked! Shocked!

• Judith says:

I think the “trust Trump” part is lost on too many here. They listen to the ENEMEDIA when our President has said all along that the sheltering would be “temporary” and he hoped it would be over by Easter. He also said the cure can’t be worse than the problem.

As promised, he has come up with a treatment protocol within these two weeks of quarantine: Hydroxychloroquine + Zinc + Azythromycin. They weren’t talking about that three weeks ago, but they are now.

In the meantime, he kept grandma and grandpa and some sickly kids out of harm’s way for a couple of weeks.

Everyone can go back to their lives soon. Or at least to some semblance of it. It will be over when the “game changer” is widely distributed and used as a prophylaxis.

• Jimmy R says:

Thank you for posting this.

• ezpz2 says:

How’s Fredo doing?

IF – big if – Fredo really had/has it, does anyone doubt that Big Brother had the hydroxychloroquine Z/pak combo delivered to him pronto?

Does anyone doubt that Big Brother took it himself as he makes sure to include the words ‘anecdotal’ and ‘scientific’ in his half hearted, reluctant admission that it works?

29. Reserved55 says:

Sheila Out Front In New Fashion Trend

30. Dan Dan says:

ICYMI – FYI The Chi-Na Virus may originate from an ANCIENT VIRUS…

31. CM-TX says:

WTF is this!?
    (This is so NOT ok!)

• Michelle says:

Ha even Killary revised the doomsday projections downwards: “poised to kill tens of thousands.”

• Mike Robinson says:

It is transparently obvious – always has been – that what she means is: “elect me in November.”

If 20% of the nation’s economy is shut down – 🤷‍♂️ – “hey, that’s just collateral damage,” if it “Stops Trump.™” Our sons and daughters will still be being paid $80,000 a week to serve on the boards of companies whose business they know nothing about. The consequences to 20 million or so “deplorables™” is nothing to The Elite.

• thetrain2016 says:

Lying. That’s the Clintons natural reaction to everything.

• GB Bari says:

Please. CTH is infinitely better than Breitbart. Asinine statements from people whom we do not respect or trust are typical of Breitbart’s click-baiting. but not worthy of posting in CTH.

There is enough unavoidable news out there that frustrates decent people without having to reach out to post utterances by moronic has-beens who try to stay relevant by making absurd pronouncements in the sewer of political discourse.

Why give these sources any clicks at all?

• oldumb says:

Does she mean Vote for Joe? No malarkey?

32. Charles Darwin says:

The Cure has most certainly been worse than the disease. Question is how far can we recover before the NEXT virus comes along and will we shut ‘er down for every new one from now on?

• thetrain2016 says:

So? We’re going to recover as fast as the decline happened. No reason to believe otherwise.

• oldumb says:

No, it doesn’t happen that way. Kinda of like how a poor grades takes you average down a lot, but a good grade only raises it a little…
        We might get back to where we were, but we will never make up the lost wealth. That is gone forever. That is why I am frustrated that everyone is taking it, so peacefully. We are still playing a nothingburger like the plague. I want my time and money back!

• thetrain2016 says:

So if I had a 401k portfolio worth $250,000 on January 15. of 2020, then I have the same 401k portfolio worth $250.000 on October 15. of 2020, what’s exactly gone forever?

• oldumb says:

WOW. It is all about you. NICE. The daily economy as lost more than you can count. Billions not exchanged. My income is near ZERO. <<<That wealth. I will earn again but never what I missed out on.

• yadent says:

It’s what we the people want, a cure at any cost. It’s for the children, well actually it’s for me. My kids will be paying for it. Wait, is that boxcar full yet………..

• I call it the FAKE CURE.

We have a real cure. HCL + z-pak + zinc, used at the onset of the symptoms.

• GB Bari says:

Why are we now posting what Ozero’s has-beens are saying???

Janet Yellen’s opinion is worthless.

33. burnett044 says:

I went to Lowes today …more employees than customers in store….some isle blocked off..signs every where about staying 6ft apart..as I was there they were putting glass barriers up in front of checkout clerk sort of like a salad bar sneeze guard….I needed mask for a sanding project…none to be had…so if you do want to wear a mask and cant find any try this….

34. Doppler says:

Evidence based medicine is a powerful concept that drives medicine to constant improvement, gained widespread acceptance 20 to 25 years ago, and typically ranks evidence into a hierarchical “pyramid” based on scientific and statistical quality of the evidence. See, e.g., https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4975798/.

Anecdotal evidence (hey, I tried it and it worked), and authoritative sources (It says so in the text book, or my governor just outlawed that) have many times been disproven by higher quality evidence. HCQ for Covid19 is rapidly gaining broad anecdotal credibility, and many clinicians who have to deal with new diseases with the best they’ve got available, are reportedly following these new HCQ protocols, and self-dosing as prophylactic, in substantial numbers, to very encouraging effect. Many trials are being conducted. I would certainly welcome this approach, if I were sick with Covid19.

But the “evidence gurus or evidence snobs,” the medical statisticians that judge the quality of evidence for every medical intervention, won’t be satisfied till the highest standards are met.
    As good as evidence-based medicine is, it can have a dark side of denying better care to large populations for considerable periods of time, pending the kind of definitive Level 1 evidence, large multi-centered, double-blinded, dual-armed Phase III clinical trials generally required for a new drug developer to gain FDA approval to market a new drug as indicated for use for a specific disease.
    No one, other than a major pharmaceutical company, or the US government, can afford to pay for such trials, which can cost hundreds of millions of dollars, including a major effort to engage the affected medical societies and major academic medical centers to help recruit patients, supervise the trials through local institutional review boards, and document each patient’s response in rigorous fashion to support the quality of the data going into the study. In such trials, each patient has to provide an informed consent to participate, and risk being assigned to the non-HCQ placebo arm, potentially sacrificing their life so that science can have definitive statistically meaningful evidence of actual clinical effect of the drug.

For an old non-patented drug like HCQ, there is no financial incentive for any manufacturer to pay for such a trial, because, once proven, anyone can make and market it for the new indication. That leaves the US government to sanction such trials.

Using Navy ships that experience outbreaks appears like a good choice for such trials, from my perspective, as opposed to taking them all out of service, downloading the crew, potentially infecting wherever they are downloaded to, sterilizing the ship, risking taking the entire fleet out of service as the infection spreads through the Navy pursuant to same IHME models that apply to other populations, with appropriate modifications. The Navy fleet becomes the Princess Cruise fleet.

More generally, the high level of evidence required to market new drugs for new uses in the US sometimes leaves our patient populations unable to access better therapies developed overseas, where experimentation might be less costly, less trouble. For example, today in Australia and Germany (and elsewhere in Europe) for men suffering metastatic prostate cancer, there is available a much better molecularly-targeted diagnosis and treatment tandem based on PSMA. In study after study, physicians who referred patients for the PSMA PET scan, changed 50% of their treatment plans because of the new and better way to see where cancer has spread. Phase II trial evidence from Australia overwhelmingly favors the PSMA targeted therapy over current therapies. Novartis has spent billions buying up the companies with the patents, and has been running the much-vaunted Phase III clinical trial in over 60 locations in the US and Europe, the very large enrollment was completed last summer, and now we’re waiting to see who dies and who survives in which arms for statistically meaningful periods of time in statistically meaningful numbers of patients, before Americans are allowed to try this out. Novartis will no doubt make a fortune from its investments, unless those selling the very costly but not as effective chemo-therapy agents used today as the last line of defense find a way to buy off the new advance and put it on the shelf, so that their own expensive evidence proving some therapeutic effect isn’t overtaken and displaced by the new.

There’s a role for the data snobs, but that role needs to be balanced by the overall good, not made subject to pharmaceutical industry financial interest. E.g., Remdesevir shows real promise for Covid19, is subject to patent and costs 20 to 50 times what HCQ costs, giving the pharmaceutical industry, the clinical trial industry, and those in government subject to influence from them, a financial incentive to pooh-pooh HCQ, to preserve the opportunity to make real money from patented drugs off this pandemic.

And almost everyone in the pharmaceutical, clinical trial, and FDA, NIH, CMS, public health enterprise is to some extent an educational and social “elite” targeted for seduction by Marxists into supporting “globalist progressive socialism,” where, they are assured, only elites get to wield power. Less prone to such seduction are the surgeons and other interventionalists who tend toward political conservatism.

• mostlyogauge says:

The perfect solution is the enemy of the good solution.

• evergreen says:

If I were to summarize: FDA, NIH have monopolies, enforced and protected by law. Good luck getting them to voluntarily relinquish this position. Any scientific attack on this monopoly power can and will be waved off as lacking vetted, peer-reviewed, sanctioned trial-based data.

It’s a rather cozy place for a bureaucrat to be. There is no incentive to produce, nor is there any risk of being shoved out. Witness Fauci–anecdotal info, nothing to see here– and Birx–the models tell us, well, the models are a work in process.

• Jim in TN says:

And a huge amount of power and influence to control research and approval of everything that can make new profitable drugs.

• Little Berkeley Conservative says:

Thank you for your comments.

They are testing the prostate treatment here. Unofficially good results. It’s amazing as you can visualize the effectiveness with PET and it destroys the prostate cancer anywhere in the body.

Hurrahs for anti-matter!

35. dufrst says:

Praying for their recovery

36. ms Idaho says:

Observations and comments from a smaller branch
    – At the top of my list is a Sundance comment that everything EVERYTHING that POTUS considers is looked at thru an economic prism
    – Near the top is a list of cold, hard facts re: POTUS vs the Bureaucracy. If the executive branch has been ‘taken over’ by Congress – designating and funding agencies and employees – that is an impediment to his objective to shrink government
    – Re: treeper comments that POTUS should ‘fire’ Drs Fauci & Birx – replace them with ??? Another bureaucrat lower down on the promo ladder? Name someone to go on his list of other appointees not confirmed by the senate? So, POTUS ‘lets’ them display their bureaucratic ‘solutions. Same with the press – he lets them fully display their end games.
    – and never forget that gummit employees cannot be fired or moved without their consent – their Union
    – a (perhaps) less visible factoid. Many commenters refer to the tens of thousands of ‘normal’ flu deaths from previous years. To my ears POTUS has made it clear that ANY death is one too many. He nearly cried when telling about how hard it is to be with the families of fallen military. What makes anyone think that he accepts the tens of thousands of US killed by a yearly flu? If i read him correctly, there HAS TO BE A BETTER WAY! Why do we assume flu deaths are in any way ‘normal’ or ‘acceptable’?
    – That thought leads to another less visible ‘war’. POTUS vs Big Pharma. How do you deal with their strangle hold on drugs, doctors, medical associations and state medical boards? Could he maybe show US how terrible that dominance is? To say nothing about Lobyist $$ and writing of favorable legislation?
    – Better is the current push to bring back manufacturing and make us self reliant again. Threats from China to withhold drugs, anyone? How about PPEs? Can we yet evaluate the effects of getting American businesses to provide medical equipment?

So, what to do?

Random thoughts gleaned from POTUS comments. He wants to reorganize the Fed Government. Congress writ large wants to keep things as they are. How do you ‘prove’ to voters that changes are necessary?

We had 3 years of ‘proof’ that the DOJ/FBI are corrupt. yawn
    So now we have the virus crisis. What a perfect way to display the ‘competence’ or lack thereof – at the head of several departments resposible for our health.

Obamacare was reviled. Being required to stay at home emphasises just how far down our ‘care’ capabilities have fallen. A great treeper comment today referred to ‘how do you like your trial dose of socialism’? … and Medicare for All….

I am one of the large number of people who make it a point to watch these daily briefings. I deeply resent the treeper attacks that follow. We are not stupid, we DO care and we ARE paying attention – if for no other reason than we are ‘at home’. Personally i find the info as entertaining as any reality show. It is a marvelous way to expose our government at the local, state and Federal level – and now, for the icing on the cake, your military on display.

Our VSG P DJT does state his intentions loud and clear. The fact that he is ignored by congress, bureaucrats and press is their loss not ours.

• Debra says:

Concur.

I believe our VSGPDJT has long ago discovered, and is now uncovering, the interconnectedness of all that is going on.

And, a lot of what is going on has to do with entities (individuals, foundations, political parties, etc.) making bank (so they thought) with an outbreak . . .

• Hans says:

Fully agree.. been think that for Days… what better way to out globalist pharma then 3m and masks..

Masks are a new symbol of security and the security of our nation is being chalanged by globalist and by the CCP…

• Ms Idaho- thanks for a thought provoking post.
      Here’s an article that you and others may be interested in.
      Don’t be fooled by the title!

• ms Idaho says:

Seneca – thank you. American Thinker is my 2nd go-to site.. Per the linked article, I conclude that when we find the light at the end of the tunnel there will be a different world visible – like going thru a tunnel from one valley to another Not only that – IMHO – we will never go back to what was. Don’t know how but things will be different

• peace says:

at Ms. Idaho – Completely agree – I watch them from start to finish every single day and find them to be both informative and entertaining.

37. Og Oggilby says:

FCC Rejects Petition By Far-Left Media Group To Censor Trump Press Briefings
    APRIL 6, 2020 By Tristan Justice:

“The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rejected a request by the far-left media group ‘Free Press’ to censor President Donald Trump’s press conferences on Monday. Last week, the liberal media group had filed a petition with the FCC to constrain public access to updates on the federal response to the ongoing public health pandemic by mandating television disclaimers to the president and media figures who possess opposing political views from Free Press….”

38. CM-TX says:

Whoops! 😂

(I’m sure many faces looked like this: 😳😱😧)

| RESIDENTS ALARMED AFTER COPS USE “PURGE SIREN” TO SIGNAL START OF CURFEW
    Police say they have no plans to use the siren going forward |

39. dufrst says:

Time for Trump to roundup endorsement on the use of Hydroxychloroquine from docs around the country or something to that effect and ramp it up. We need treatment and perhaps even use of hydroxychloroquine as a prophylactic. Trump himself said he may take it, which would be wise in light of Boris Johnson’s condition.

• pyromancer76 says:

HYDROCHOLORQUINE + ZINC

• GB Bari says:

What bothers me is that few if any of these reports of doctors either in the U.S. or anywhere globally who are pushing for the restrictions on HCQ to be relaxed are not mentioning the use of that medication ALONG with Azithromycin and Zinc.

That particular “cocktail” of meds in a particular set of dosages was tried very successfully for almost 700 patients (probably far more by now) and definitely recommended by Dr. Zelenko in NYC, as can be verified in his interview by Rudy Giuliani a week or so back.

40. FPCHmom says:

Very, Very good article about the big picture by Victor Davis Hansen and how it will probably play out politically –

• Mad Mike says:

Thanks for the link mom, a very good article indeed. Lots of truth in there and eloquently stated.

Many good comments, but my favorite may have been his observations on the propaganda productions we call “media” here in the US:

“Watching the media deal with the daily White House briefings reminds the country that we have never had journalism of this low character before—not in the acrimony over the Founding, not in the furor during the Civil War, not even in the age of yellow journalism at the turn of the 20th century.”

I would have just said they suck… but he used his words and did a MUCH better job. 🙂

41. WeThePeople2016 says:

More Dem. Gov. overreach.

• Mike Robinson says:

So, we are supposed to be surprised? It’s a Democrat. “Orange Man Bad.™”

• Troublemaker10 says:

This is a post by a Democrat strategist. These people are sick.

————–

Tom Watson
      @tomwatson

Apr 3

I believe Donald Trump has committed a crime against humanity. And that he should finish his life in custody.

The select committees, state and federal prosecutions – and perhaps a military tribunal as former commander in chief – must be lawful and in keeping with our legal tradition as they unfold beginning next year. But they must happen. This can never be forgiven.

There are crimes of incompetence and inattention to duty. But there are also crimes of deep malevolence and intention. There must be a wave of prosecution.

Trump and his inner circle of conspirators knew – they absolutely knew. And they lied. The death toll will be in the hundreds of thousands. This can never be forgiven

Source

• Mike Robinson says:

You are not the commanding officer in this picture. You are not wholly responsible for both the executive and the military actions of this country. You have no power and no responsibility at all, and you also apparently have no concern for picking at the clay feet of those who do.

• QuiAudetVincit says:

These people have to be living on a different plane of existence

• dallasdan says:

Their hatred for the President is viscereal and it has no boundaries. They will persist with increasing zeal as the election approaches to remove him “by any means necessary.” Believe it.

• Eric C. says:

Ha ha ha, they will never learn. PDJT only says stuff he’s very confident in, hmmmm. I can’t wait for the pie in the face in regards to the hydroxychloroquine backlash – as I stated many times: hydrochloroquine opens cell for Zinc to enter, Zinc reduces the ability of RNA viruses to replicate, Covid-19 is an RNA virus.

These politicians have become useless. If Obama was still president and suggested this in the same circumstance, she (the Ohis rep demanding this) would be pushing the Nobel committee to award Obama the Nobel prize for medicine to go along with his prize for peace, just saying. (note I would be totally behind Obama because it makes logical sense and is a drug used all over the world already)

• Troublemaker10 says:

42. Rynn69 says:

Open the economy back up. Stop the stupidity.

43. Julia Adams says:

We cannot allow our economic existence and our futures destroyed at the insane projections of Pharaoh Fauci.

44. Jimmy R says:

• ltravisjr says:

Vitamin C as a placebo in the study? I don’t get that. I had heard somewhere Vitamin C in itself has had anecdotal evidence of being effective against the virus.

• Little Berkeley Conservative says:

Nobel Prizewinner Linus Pauling, if alive, would tout the benefits of vitamin c. I have had mixed results but love the OJ, just the same.

• GB Bari says:

Yet ANOTHER report that completely omits any mention of using Zithromax and Zinc in combination with HCQ as successfully tried and subsequently recommended by Dr. Zelenko in NYC. The entire report talks about using HCQ by itself instead of the 3-component cocktail.

WTH is wrong with these doctors? Are they all living in closets and won’t even try anything that has been reported by one of their own as successful? Where are the reporters who should be asking about that combination instead of just HCQ by itself?

45. TMonroe says:

An espn article someone linked to suggesting looking to South Korea for insight as when to return to sports and other regular activities shows the current mindset of some:

“THERE is no right answer. However much South Korea tries to control the coronavirus, until a vaccine is available, risks abound.”

Again, CDC’s own site pegged the 2018 flu vaccine effectiveness at 40% (coin flip odds come to mind) and the vaccine effectiveness for the worst strain that season (H3N2) at 25%. That people can blithely imply that waiting on a vaccine justifies the continuation of essentially caging the populace and shuttering the economy is telling.

46. JohnCasper says:

Newsmax: “White House Trade Advisor Peter Navarro Monday confirmed reports of a heated argument between him and Dr. Anthony Fauci over the weekend concerning the use of malaria drug hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19. ”

Trump and Navaro are Paladins for Life; Fauci is the Paladin of Death.