Comrades, again we note – our voluntary transponder devices (cell phone, FitBit etc) are being used by government officials to monitor our ‘stay-at-home’ coronavirus compliance. It only takes one slight flip of the government switch, or a carefully worded executive order, to turn that innocuous data into a personal penalty (civil fine).

If you choose to roam, ditch your phone…

KANSAS – The KDHE [Kansas Dept. of Health and Environment] is using a GPS program that tracks people’s locations through their cell phones. From the data, the state can tell that a lot of Kansans are not following social-distancing guidelines.

The program the state is using gave Kansas a grade of B Monday but has now downgraded the state to a C. Dr. Norman said some Kansas counties are getting an F grade because of how many people are not observing the stay-at-home order. (read more)

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Cold Anger, Conspiracy ?, Coronavirus, Culture, Deep State, Fabian Socialists - Modern Progressives, Infectious Disease, media bias, propaganda, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

176 Responses to Kansas Dept of Health Using Cell Phone GPS Tracking to Monitor Coronavirus Compliance…

1. allenrizzi says:

And here we go with Democrat backed Big Brotherdom.

• VoteAllIncumbantsOut says:

I can’t say I didn’t warn anyone.

Study history, it’s all in the past, look to other countries and what they’re doing. You don’t need a crystal ball to see this is a power grab. Looking around the globe, you’ll notice civil unrest is rising so the question is..

When does it start here?

• Robert Shotzberger says:

Leave your phone at home.

• flyboy46 says:

That’s why this OLD PHONE GUY has NEVER owned a “smart phone”. We used to get paid extra to wear a pager so we were on the leash. Now these idiots carry one every where they go, and think they can’t turn them off, or they might miss something. My flip phone is never turned on unless I am expecting a call. DUH!

• Jan says:

If you can pinpoint piles of sh**t via GPS, why is anyone surprised that you yourself can be tracked? Duh!!

2. Charlie Currie says:

“From the data, the state can tell that a lot of Kansans are not following social-distancing guidelines.”

So they’re saying their data is accurate to within six feet? BS

• bertdilbert says:

“guidelines”

Guidelines are not law. Next will be the need for law because people were not using the guidelines. So peoples fault they had to crack down.

Your cell phone becomes a voluntary ankle bracelet. Next when a cop pulls you over “License, insurance and cell phone please.” Upon viewing your cell phone data, the cop will issue you a ticket. You have to prove you are not guilty.

Next the cop will say: “When I first saw you, you were not wearing your required N-95”.

Your word against the cop. Another ticket.

Then you will have to produce your state approved hand sanitizer…

• Peoria Jones says:

I want to know, how would they have my cell phone number in the first place?

– I don’t recall ever sharing it on any gov’t forms.
      – I’m not on Fakebook, Yucktub or Goggle.
      – I don’t have a cellphone contract (buy a cared w/minutes at the store).

• rvsueandcrew says:

Did you buy the phone card with a credit or debit card?

• Peoria Jones says:

No, but these cards can be used for any phone on their service, so it would be foolish to assume what card went to which phone. One time, I had a friend pick one up for me (likely on his debit card)…not sure how that would confuse the authorities, LOL!

• JayJay says:

Credit Card for minutes card??? Of course not!! Sort of defeats the privacy of having a burner phone.

• rvsueandcrew says:

You’re right, JayJay. However, some people buy those phones because they don’t want to be under a contract and have more expense. The privacy issue may not be on their minds at the time of purchase.

• JayJay says:

Exact;y–I have a burner phone. Keep a ‘minutes card’ in purse in case I need it for emergency. Just enter the pin and I have service.
        But, I don’t interact with ANY social programs. NONE.

• RedBallExpress says:

They have your number. They also record every single word you say and text. They have for many years.

• Peoria Jones says:

Can you explain how “they” are able to associate that phone with my identity?

• Phil says:

Edward Snowden has explained it on YouTube videos. That phone is like your own personal transponder, that phone is “pinging” a transmitter tower several times per second, with a unique identifier (ismi ) whether or not you text or talk. The tower knows how far away you are from the tower every second and what # you called and for how long. Ever wonder why the battery can’t come out?

• YeahYouRight says:

I didn’t gather that they are using it to enforce anything, just reading whether the phone remains in it’s typical home area, or if it spends much time outside a specified radius.

For now.

• Randolph Scott says:

If you turn the phone on, its trackable. It’s a built in beacon that says I am here.

• flyboy46 says:

Smart man. They don’t have your name, but they can track the phone if it is ON. Never turn it on except to make outbound calls.

• Mac says:

The government gets it from thee same place that private businesses buy the data, from your service provider. Every cell phone in the world requires a unique number in order to work. The phone logs in with a service tower, when activated, and sometimes whenever a charged battery is installed in the device. The vast majority of users use a phone which is registered with a national or regional service provider. These providers can track when that user’s phone is logged on to the system and to which tower. And, because the user has provided their identity to the service provider, the owner’s identity is known. Then you have the GPS devices which are built into the phone itself. This allows the phone to send accurate data on its location to various servers to provide services which rely upon knowing the location of the phone. Some if these phones do not allow one to disable the GPS function and all phones with the function can have the function activated remotely without the user’s knowledge.

3. T2020 says:

Kansas Dept of Health gets a grade of “F”.U.

4. Amy1212 says:

I plan to put my phone on a drone and fly it everywhere. This is gonna be fun!

5. Richie says:

The Use of GPS in Animal Tracking

• booger71 says:

Saw that many times when I lived in Idaho and Wyoming.

• luke says:

Yep congrats you guys all have it this whole virus sham figured it out. This was all done so they could track you. They have been wanting to spy on you when you go out and have BBQ’s and Square dancing. The elite just hated it when you went to your favorite restaurant and movie. And by God they’re putting a stop to it. I mean why else would they be doing this? This is Kansas?

Here’s a thought some want to get this country back to work. As time drags on and deadlines extend some will run out of patience for those that impede those efforts. Might be better to sacrifice a few of your rights now…Comrades.

• John Bosley says:

Read and study the Georgia Stones, Luke.
        You might get a better idea of what THEY really have in mind for all of us plebes.

• luke says:

Idk John what the Georgia Stones is or means. What could “they” want from “us” really? Hell we were already their slaves. And Trump must be in on it too because nothing else makes sense.

• Snow White says:

Reduce the earth’s population to 500 million is one of their goals enshrined in Georgia guidestones for one Luke plus some more evil stuff.

• luke says:

Why would they do that? We know they don’t care about the carbon footprint because it isn’t real correct? Unless it is then maybe they should. It’s not that they use climate change as way to get what they want in many facets. But they do NOT want to go down like this. At the turn of last century there were 1 billion people on the plant; by far the most ever. Now at the 21st there are 6 billion and the elites live better than ever before. Cutting us down in the numbers you speak of is gonna be counterproductive….trust me. Lol Unless they’re right about climate change and I say yea kill us lol. Honestly we have too many tin foil hats on our side. We need to take them off.

• Have known about this for years. Mystery? Not so much. Just bizarre.

• X XYZ says:

Or maybe get rid of your cellphone? Or at least just use it at home, so you can’t be tracked?

All this was discussed in an earlier thread here. Maybe some here aren’t getting this yet. Did some just fall off of the electronic turnip truck?

Or is it… a compulsive behavior, that cannot be broken?

• luke says:

Lol 100% agreed, most of them put where they are on FB or Instagram. Unless you have never had a computer or smartphone they already know your digital footprint. That genie is not going back in the bottle. I understand the debate on FISA and Trump as well. It’s a different debate for another time.

• yucki says:

I use Little Snitch to screen out connections I don’t explicitly approve.
            Not perfect, but you get an idea of the volume of attempted pings – massive.

• luke says:

I know I’m not for it either yucki. But we have spoken about this and all I can say is thank goodness Trump is Pres. All these conspiracy theories would either lead to he was in on it or he was tricked. I believe neither was/is the case.

• X XYZ says:

Obviously I have a home computer connected to a government regulated monopoly cable provider, meaning I have no other reliable available choice of web service. It’s located in my house for which I pay land taxes, and other taxes, too. There is no way to hide any of that. But my house doesn’t have legs or wheels. Neither does my web presence roam from home.

The government knows where to find me. Advertisers do too, and I ignore them, and if they pester me sometimes I tell them to go F- off. The government has no reason to want to find me for any reason. But unless their agents come with a valid search warrant, they won’t be allowed in.

• Aeyrie says:

The Science is in, X XYZ. It’s Fact Resistant Humans. They are a threat to the Earth:

• Mojo says:

That’s not the point. The point is: How easily it’s done, both technically and legally.

• luke says:

Everything can be done easily in a time like this. It’s scary now but imagine when it becomes a panic. I am simply trying to convey this to people who I like. Yes they will use our phones to find out who the infected come into contact with when or should I say IF the first bloom subsides.

• yucki says:

No phone, no way.
            They’d have to implant a chip in my ear, track me like an endangered species. That might be messy; they'd need a tranquilizer gun, then.…

That THEY is the issue. Whom do I trust?
            PTrump’s team.
            I’m actually on board with THEM. As I’m in the “vulnerable” category, I’m shut-in, locked-down for the duration. Before there’s a vaccine, there’ll be drugs available that’ll bring the case fatality rate – whatever it’s estimated at now – down to a risk level I’ll find acceptable.[*]

Those of you who are statistically likely to survive this just-the-flu – –
            – – well, get to work!
            ________
            [*]The research is promising:
            ‘Science will conquer this’: Inside the race for a coronavirus treatment

And not all Big-Pharma:
            British-Israeli project aims to identify anti-Covid-19 drug in ‘weeks’
            Scientists are using new research techniques to speed up the drug discovery process

• luke says:

I think so too. If we look for the patients that had Lupus and see if any contracted the disease and none did or very small percentage. That would be attributed to chloroquine as an inhibitor as it stops the virus from replicating. When you have 100k at a Trump rally and none are scared because we are all taking this benign drug we win. But only if we buy time this first round of shock therapy. This next 30 days is crucial.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

Who has Lupus?

Now, that’s a crazy game to play.

There is “Lupus,” and then there is the “Lupus” used as a catch-all when the docs cannot figure out what is causing the quite non-specific “ANA” test.

• X XYZ says:

All it takes is two generations of indoctrination, an infatuation with novelty, plus providing an “affordable” and irresistible entertainment device that serves as a conduit for the delivery of MSM propaganda and advertising. It also is attractive for those who like to talk a blue streak on a phone and say nothing worth hearing. But it also serves the much more important and subtle purpose of constantly gathering information about those who cannot live without the device.

“Smart” phones might be wonderful if it weren’t for the last sentence above. Now we are convinced that we can’t live without a “smart” phone.

“Cookies” anyone? Everybody likes cookies. You dare not dislike them, right?

Application of that word and the universal acceptance of it combined brilliant marketing and mass manipulation into one irresistible force.

• Southern Trumpette says:

“Might be better to sacrifice a few of your rights now…Comrades.”

We sacrificed a few of our rights after Sept. 11 with the Patriot Act…. big mistake.
        I am not willing to sacrifice any further rights. Period. The government is over-stepping their bounds BIG TIME.

• Randolph Scott says:

It might be time to start exercising our Rights.

6. Magabear says:

Hope the program grade drops to an F(U)-.

Welp, we’re already giving up 1st, 2nd and 4th amendment rights, so may as well go all the way and wear a government tracker. It’s for your safety afterall.

7. Landslide says:

I am getting lots of daily notifications to update my phone apps. I’m not updating any of them because I’m assuming they have to do with tracking. Location services stay off, but yeah….leave the thing at home!

Come to think of it, I think I’d have to turn off some settings in my car…..it’s newer and “smart”.🥴

• mtk says:

The gps location service feature is just one form of cellular tracking. It gives global position down to just a few meters in the general consumer application.
      However, there is another location generating data stream in cellular technology you have zero controll over.
      The triangulation of cell phone in relationship to cellular towers. Your phone is constantly chirping away with cellular towers, saying ‘Here i am’

It does not have the resolution of gps, but does give a within a 1/4 mile location probability. So, if you are on the move, big brother can tell.

8. freepetta says:

What should be used to track vicious criminals is being utilized to track law abiding citizens from leaving their homes?
    This makes me sick.

• Trumpmendous says:

Democrats would complain if it was used to track vicious criminals.

• L4grasshopper says:

You’re sick?

Get tested 😷

/sarc

• freepetta says:

I’m going to take my life into my hands tomorrow and go to the supermarket 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Niagara Frontier says:

I did that yesterday. It was an eerie experience. People neither talking nor smiling, most avoiding eye contact, and heads lowered. I kept expecting to see Rod Sterling jump out from behind the stack of canned peaches.

• freepetta says:

Definitely sounds like the twilight zone. 💁🏻‍♀️ Sounds like it’s going to be a pleasant experience NOT

• WSB says:

Wear washable clothing. Grab and steer the basket with your forearms and never put your hands on it at all.

Use the plastic bags at the Vegi department on your hands instead of the expensive gloves, and then use MANY of the same plastic bags to put EVERYTHING in them. In EVERY DEPARTMENT.

Then you can peel them off as you wipe down your loot and take the wrapping off everything else…in the garage. Wipe down the car bed when you are done. Create a clean zone to pile cleaned items on, and then transfer into the house. Wash hands, Dump shoes in garage, dump clothes immediately in the machine…shower.

I have done this three times already! Takes forever!

• freepetta says:

Thanks WSB for the tips. I’m taking Lysol wipes with me too. No wonder you’re exhausted.
                Got a ton of steps to carry up the groceries too. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• WSB says:

You know, we do not think about how to cleanly get product into the home. I

knifed through all toilet paper and other shrink wrap, etc. kept changing plastic bags on my hands. Washed the knives/sxissors…

I am washing zip lock bags from the freezer to use on my hands to bring packages in from delivery and dumping them into the garage!

We also have picked up liquor cases and other cardboard items and just left in the car for nine days before touching. NOT EVEN SURE THIS IS THE PROPER THING TO DO!!!! But so far…knock on wood.

My mother found out the maintenance manager at her church is under quarantine as his wife is in the hispital with this in VA.

He is the first one I personally know who is connected to a case, but I just do not know what to make of it?

• freepetta says:

It’s very scary. It’s an invisible enemy. My son as you know is a cop in Queens said they are recruiting a DOA unit to pick up bodies from homes and the streets.
                  Told him don’t volunteer for that it’s not worth the OT.

• WSB says:

One slow step at time. We really have no concrete information about this catastrophe.

• WSB says:

I so agree, Freepetta!

• Sharon says:

It’s not like that everywhere. When I go to the grocery store in the Willamette Valley (rural Oregon) people are quietly finding what they need to find. Generally courteous and careful to not move close to anyone else. Employees look tired but when I chat with them, they are congenial and appreciate the encouragements. The parking lots are quiet and orderly, and not packed.

I am in touch with friends and family by phone, Skype, text, email, and sight.

In connection with this entire thread, generally speaking I am grateful for the technology advances that make communication easy today, and I will not eliminate or severely restrict my communication habits out of fear.

One obvious byproduct of this stupid pandemic is the revelation of how many are living with powerful and latent fear. It comes popping out everywhere with just a couple of nudges. I’ve read some of the most extreme reactions of all kinds with regard to many subjects, as people come out of their hidey-holes, freaking out. Just tells me they were a fear bottle that has been ready to have their cork popped for a long time.

I do not want to be making daily decisions out of fear. I did that once for a couple of years back in the 1970s. Not a good idea, regardless of external circumstances.

• decisiontime16 says:

We are all potential virus lepers now.

• WSB says:

I came back exhausted from doing the same!

• yucki says:

I haven’t been out in weeks.

• WSB says:

Same. Been out three times since March 6th, twice more with curbside pickup, caled with the CC before, coupons and tips left in the back of the car!

In NY, it will only get worse, so we shopped for three weeks worth last Friday to add to our four week supply. Picked up meds on Monday night. I still know of items I forgot, because my 20%er was out with me and I was more nervous about that than checking the list twice before leaving.

Just try to think your steps through before you go anywhere!

Much calmer experience!

• X XYZ says:

You’re not “‘sick”. Maybe you’re just bored.

( WARNING: “Impersonal you” ahead, addressed to EVERYONE here.)

Read Orwell’s “1984”, if you don’t already have a copy on your shelf. Public libraries are now closed, indefinitely. Orwell’s “Animal Farm” is an easier read. You probably will have lots of time on your hands in the near future. Then you might understand both those books, and what we are experiencing now. 1984 arrived a bit late. But it did arrive, inevitably.

Buy a used copy of either book on the web, if you can. You might want to do it before these books become scarce.

Happy reading!

9. rioosodog says:

Simply wrap it in tin foil, or put it into a metal box, and that is an non existent problem.

10. Bone Fish says:

11. BNDNNC says:

NC does it also. Local TV station proudly announces results of its SD study that the HHS Sec chimes in on. https://abc11.com/coronavirus-nc-social-distancing-data-covid-19-north-carolina-stay-at-home-order/6064282/

Apparently legal in NC. View your state law here. My new rule on phone = Leave home with without it. https://www.aclu.org/issues/privacy-technology/location-tracking/cell-phone-location-tracking-laws-state

12. JohnCasper says:

Farmers like to know where their cattle are, although I don’t know that too many put GPS trackers on them. Maybe when they come down in price. And Hindus believe people are reincarnated as cattle. So, just look at this as having a sort of early reincarnation.

• X XYZ says:

San Francisco. Feces in the street. In the Sixties in SF, it used to have drugs and drugged hippies in the street.

The Indians want to leave India and come to USA, because they’ve had enough of sacred cows and a culture that has mostly dung, filth and no cars in the street. Enough bullshit already.

Can we swap Pelosi out? Maybe give her a one way ticket to India? An ambassadorship in India? Gotta buy her off somehow. She might do it – but only if she could live in the Taj Mahal.

13. Deplorable_Infidel says:

“If you choose to roam, ditch your phone…”

I existed just fine without one for 56 years. My rational was that having a cell phone (for me) was a luxury, not a necessity.

I had to get one for the canvassing apps used in the 2016 election, since I was a “NYer’s for Trump” volunteer.

I have since found one to be extremely valuable for disseminating the Word of God, etc.

Deuteronomy 6:6-9 KJV

And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: [7] And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. [8] And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes. [9] And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates.

I can leave mine home, or fortunately take the battery out, since I refuse to “upgrade” just to “keep up with the Jones'” and have the latest and greatest in my pocket.

• WSB says:

I barely use mine. LAN line is fine.

• X XYZ says:

Wise words.

Do we use technology to our benefit, or do we allow ourselves to be used by it?
      Making that decision requires judgement. Knowledge is useful too. Both are being offered here.

Knowledge + experience = wisdom.

14. penny munday says:

Ohio is doing this too. The head of our county health department, who vacillates between a whiny snowflake and a bitchy Mother, posted a knuckle slap to the residents on facebook. So, yeah, ditch the phone or airplane mode here. 0_0

• CM-TX says:

Just like to advise that “airplane mode” is NOT as secure as you might think. I know this for a fact when I was dealing with “hackers.” It did NOT stop them from accessing.

The AT&T guy on consulting with was surprised to learn this. He then said, “They aren’t supposed to be able to do that.” I neglected to ask “who exactly is they?”

15. Uncle Al says:

For those interested in a smart phone built with privacy and security in mind, you may want to take a look at the Librem 5. It runs PureOS, an open source mobile Linux distro, and not Android/Google or IOS/Apple. Encryption is built-in. All default settings are pro-privacy and pro-security. A good library of apps, and ALL are open source. It has a removable battery, and three hardware kill/disable switches (wi-fi, cell, camera/mic) and any one of them disables GPS. Lots of thought-provoking info and links at their web site.

16. TradeBait says:

Stepping over the Constitutional boundaries as B2’s DOJ shelters in place.

17. Guyski says:

So, if you have enough people, positioned correctly, they could ‘write’ a big F and a big U. ? 🤔😁

• X XYZ says:

If you could persuade them all to do it at once in unison, obviously, yes, it would get the attention of those in power.

Ah, a subversive mentality. Gotta love it. In times of war resistance becomes essential. The trick is to do the deed and leave no trace of footprints. That’s easier said than done.

But such tactics are only to be used for good purpose, not for evil ones.

18. mtk says:

Not sure if this urban legend, But…
    Does everyone know, when you buy are lease a vehicle.
    There is the same transponder tech in the vehicle. And, I don’t mean onStar.
    My understanding is it is turn off or a kill switch command is sent after several payments are made. The reason the dealerships do this, is because it is very easy to walk into a dealership, sign a few pieces of paper and walk out with tens thousands of dollars with no intention of paying. The thinking goes after several payment are made, the need to lo’jack the vehicle location is not required anymore.

Who is to say, it can not be turned back on to establish an IoT matrix of data once again.

19. theoldgoat says:

All this makes me wonder when people will get speeding tickets by virtue of tracking from GPS. This is somewhat of a test case to figure out ways it can be used against us.

I recall the days when you had “cell phones” which were a huge brick, they were rare, worked poorly, but didn’t have all the tracking features these newer phones have. Now they harvest data from nearly anything you do on the phones. I’ve had ads come up from a subject that was a casual conversation I had while in my car. I never looked up any information on these items, yet I got bombed with emails and ads on any site I visited.

Big Brother is here, and has become far more intrusive than was ever dreamed of by fiction writers.

Our freedom is being infringed. This is just one more excuse with the reason given as “protecting” us. I do believe this disease is worse than we were led to believe, but at what cost? We have never seen anything like the response to this disease in our history. People losing their livelihoods may be in far worse shape than what this disease will do the majority of people. Millions will be out of work, meaning also they have no healthcare as they can’t pay their premiums for the lousy coverage they get.

But states are dictating that a majority of people stay home, while the government people keep collecting their pay. At what point is the cross over to where the “cure” for this virus is far worse for the stability and wellbeing of the whole country? I think we are nearing that point, if we haven’t already crossed it.

20. CM-TX says:

Freedom & Privacy falls to the wayside… not even a whimper is heard. Sad.

Said it before, saying it again… our founding fathers have now rolled completely OUT of their graves!

“A Republic, ma’am, if YOU can keep it.” ~Ben Franklin (Spoiler Alert: We failed)

21. cedarhill says:

And then they’ll force implanting of gps tracking chips. After this is all over, people will find there are no ruby slippers to give the back their liberty and freedoms.

22. L4grasshopper says:

This article immediately brought to mind a recent commercial where a woman tied her FitBit to her dogs tail and let the dog loose in a park, while she sat on a bench and bragged about how many steps she was getting in 😎

• CM-TX says:

Great idea! 😁 Might as well have fun with it…

Got a spare phone? Throw it in the trash on pickup day (wait to cancel service… altho it’s not necessary to track it).

Start dropping old phones (charged up) in random places. You might watch from a safe distance, just to see if the brown-shirts come to check up on you!

Swap phones with family & neighbors during outings– just for fun, & confusion for those watching!

• QuiAudetVincit says:

The article doesn’t say that the Texas government is using it, as far as I can tell. It reads like the company “Unacast” just gathered the info from the cell companies and published it. Kansas, on the other hand, is pushing it through their Department of Health and Environment.

23. Tom W. says:

I avoided using a ‘smart’ phone until this year. For 8 years, I had been using my son’s old LG flip phone–no GPS. But I switched carriers and the 12 year-old LG wasn’t supported on their network, so I got a $100 LG smartphone. Instructions assume you have a google account–most smart phones run lots of google apps (like maps, google search, etc.).

First thing I did was disable all google apps and the “location services”. I also installed a VPN, even though I don’t use the browser or get on the internet with this phone (but I do text occasionally), and I can select several locations on the VPN app so any web trackers will think I’m in a different city.

But the only way to fully disable location on any smart phone is to remove the SIM card and the battery. Not many folks want to deal with that hassle. Just leave it at home and live a few hours without it.

Or get a cheap non-smart phone as a backup if you want the security of having a phone in an emergency. They still make those.

24. It is totally unworkable. Everybody in the state should go out, and all laugh at once…that is just as doable as this childish abuse of power.

25. Mike Robinson says:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches […], shall not be violated […]

Oops. I forgot.

26. Dutchman says:

The technology has existed for some time now.
    Commerce has been using it, all along. Cell phones track your movement, your purchasing habits, your search queries, even conversations you have that are face to face, just cause the phone eaves drops.

We had Snowden trying to warn everyone, of how pervasive government was spying on us,….Assange too.

And yet many of the same people who are decrying this gps tracking, called them traitors, and ignored the,warnings.

And, THIS IS the kind of thing they did in SOME countries, bordering CHI-NA or close, that proved effective.

Specifically, they used GPS for contact tracing; once they identified someone effected, they used the data to find every person they had been in contact with, and every person THEY had been in contact with, and put them in mandatory quarantine, and NOT with family members.

Anywho, once you bought your cell phone, you agreed to dance with the devil. Hard to be sympathetic to those who are, at this late date, complaining of getting poked with a pitchfork, or getting their toes trod on by hooves.

27. flatlandgoober says:

Dear KDHE/Governor Kelly. I’m in Marion County, KS. When I leave my house, I either work in the garden or drive to the lake for some fishing. Nobody is within half a mile of me.

If that doesn’t suit you, come on over and stop me. Please try.

28. bessie2003 says:

Nevada’s Governor just called up the National Guard to assist; not sure what they are assisting in but assist they will, he also signed a stay-at-home directive, including mandating anyone entering Nevada self-quarantine for 14 days, cut red-tape to allow medical practitioners from other states and those who have previously retired to legally practice here; there are 1,200 people diagnosed with the Wuhan virus, there’s been, 42 people have passed away with the Wuhan virus. Will definitely be leaving the cell phone home when going out and about.

• bessie2003 says:

correction – there are 32 people statewide that have passed away with the Wuhan virus; 4 in Washoe county (Reno area) so am assuming the majority lived in Clark county (Vegas area).

• yadent says:

I live in northern NV, 100 feet from the CA border. When I walk my dog we go into CA, dog does his business, then we come back…..twice /day. I will have ALOT of self-quarantine time built up when this is over……

• X XYZ says:

Your dog is making a worthy contribution to the excrement that CA now runs on. The Dems there should have no quarrel with that. Send Nancy some and tell her to put it on the pile of crap that is her district.

29. Mike in a Truck says:

Faraday Cage

30. Bendix says:

I went to the credit union today. I asked the teller if all the staff was staying well. Yes, they are.
    It seems like if this thing spreads so easily, some of them should have gotten it by now.

31. Felipe Garza says:

Just so you guys have an idea of what it looks like:
    Pick your locations and neighborhood and you can get an idea of what “they” can see when they want. Want to see which and how many phones are at that party house down the street?
    If you zoom in, you’ll see device names, service providers and MAC Address’.
    The MAC looks like 0A:1D:80:D7:B3:01. The first half denotes the device vendor (Apple, Android, ATT, etc) and the last half is the unique device ID # identifying THAT individual phone or device. This site is not real time but could be easily.
    A lot of people put their full name on their phone. Bad idea.
    Once someone has your MAC #, they can not just track you but actively search for you. Anybody, not just gov’t.

• Felipe thanks for the link. The fact that all device names of all wireless devices(modems, routers) are easily seen b any “body” with the tools to do it lets us know we are truly living in the twilight zone!

32. Drogers says:

1984 – George Orwell
    Big brother’s watching.

33. It is really past time for this Country to get our of lock down and martial law and start on the road to recovery.
    We simply cannot keep millions of people in prison because of this virus. The numbers and statistics simply do not warrant this kind of extreme reaction to what is essentially a very bad flu.
    We have to look at how many people die every single day from cancer, heart disease, drug overdoes, car accidents, etc. etc.
    In the end we are all going to die. It is the truest fact of life. Nobody lives forever.
    I am wiling to take my chances with the Chi Com Flu rather than live my life in the NY Gulag.

• Rynn69 says:

Thank you. Always wise, Seneca.

• yucki says:

I’m not willing to take MY chances – because they’re statistically poor, whoever’s doing the numbers. And I’m confident the risks will diminish considerably with medications already in the pipeline. The vast majority of Americans will probably shake this off.

I just don’t see PTrump doing this without overwhelming reasons. He’s no dupe to be tossed around by crafty “experts”. He’s not into scaring us into compliance for arbitrary power plays. (The governors are another story altogether.)

34. Ann says:

Kansas is not the only state. Maine is too. I agree.

Article on how “anonymous” cell phone ping info is being used.

• j'accuse says:

I don’t keep up with tech but I assume that any device emitting a strong enough RF signal can be located by triangulation but that takes equipment.

• Tom W. says:

j’accuse, that “equipment” is all the cell towers out there. There are other boxes along the highways that sweep up cell phone data called ‘stingrays’.

35. Rynn69 says:

Americans can unplug from cable. Unplug from your phone. Carry a phone without GPS. Homeschool. Man bright sides to this that will increase freedom, choices, and allow people to smell the roses…

36. j'accuse says:

I’m waiting for checkpoints. I hear rumors.

37. All this reminds me of one of my favorite sayings of H.L.Mencken:
    “Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the Black Flag and begin slitting throats.”

38. MPN says:

I hate Kansas. I feel less freedom there than I do in Chicago. Because the population is low, government has WAY too much free time. The petty bureaucrats are all busybodies.

39. Bendix says:

They don’t know who isn’t keeping the distance, just how many people are in an area not considered large enough for that many people, if I’m not mistaken.

40. Jimmy Crackcorn says:

I use a heavy Mylar bag.
    It blocks everything.
    A Doritos bag will work, but I would double it.
    Cheap Faraday bag.

41. paulashley says:

Kansas? When California tyranny comes to Kansas, you’re in deep trouble. This is yet another example of why Trump must put a stop to this insanity, and outright evil, and do it now. The longer this goes on, the more of this we’ll see; At the very least, to show he has some concern for the political and societal health of the nation as well as the physical health of a minority of its citizens, Trump needs to speak out about such outrageous steps. This particular action is an invasion of privacy and the DOJ must step in..

42. X XYZ says:

This reminds me of Rush’s longstanding comments about premarital sex and unwanted pregnancy.
    Abstinence: IT WORKS EVERY TIME IT’S TRIED.

It’s a universal application.

No cell phone? There is never any problem connected to not having a cell phone.
    Abstinence: IT WORKS EVERY TIME IT’S TRIED.

43. ezgoer says:

This is what happens when you elect Democrats. What is this, Communist China?

• umr_engnr says:

No kidding. We had a chance to elect Kobach as governor but instead we get this. Kansas is a weird place. We (not me) vote in a bunch of losers like Kathleen Sebelius.

• 2Goldens says:

Here in Colorado too… quoting the Citizen Free Press: “Governor Jared Polis recently admitted in a press conference that Colorado is using metadata from cell phones to track the location of citizens.”

Other than the Peoples Republic of Boulder and of course, Aspen, CO used to be a liberty loving state. Then, in 2004, the Dems literally overthrew the state’s representatives from Governor down to the school boards. Michele Malkin has a documentary on the whole coup called, “Rocky Mountain Heist”. It’s just gone downhill from there.

Polis is also holding daily briefings in the press blaming Trump for lack of testing etc. Our Republican house minority leader, Patrick Neville, is looking into Polis hampering CV testing here because the numbers don’t add up.

My husband is quarantined downstairs and our doc, whom is normally very proactive, refuses to prescribe Hydroxycloroquine/Azithromycin for him. Several doctors in Denver have been “reprimanded” for prescribing the therapy.

All to make Trump look bad.

44. umr_engnr says:

I’ll be calling them tomorrow and giving them a piece of my mind. We hardly have any cases here. What a load of BS. Yet they still don’t recommend masks. Weather here is beautiful. Everyone is out. I drove a few miles the other day to get to some hiking trails with my kids.

Social distancing, masks, hygiene, and let’s get this country the f$@k back to work!

45. sync says:

Google can track your movements even if you removed the SIM card and have the cell phone in airplane mode

• Tom W. says:

Well, duh…why didn’t he disable google apps and delete his google ID from the phone and turn off GPS location? Dumb video.

46. I still have a 3G phone.

47. Mike Robinson says:

“Phone Home!”

In other words – leave it there.

48. oldarmyblog says:

As of 1 April there are 428 confirmed cases and 10 deaths. There are 105 counties in Kansas. Of those counties 65 have no reported cases and another 19 only have one a piece. The vast majority of the cases and all the deaths are from Wichita and the Kansas City metro area. Our esteemed Governor has cancelled K-12 and shut down the entire state. One size does not fit all. Why should a barber in Dodge City have to close for some problem they have having 300 miles away in Kansas City? Why not let the local elected officials decide what needs to be done in their communities? How is everyone across the county is enjoying the trail run of Communism? Remember the only thing Democrats are willing to give you a choice on is abortion, everything else is going to be mandatory ….. or else. Big Brother knows best and is watching your every move.