Prayers Answered – Ryan Newman Walks Out of Hospital…

Very good news today as NASCAR driver Ryan Newman walks out of the hospital with his two daughters only a few days after a horrific crash at the Daytona 500.

[Fox News Article]

This entry was posted in Christian Values, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

90 Responses to Prayers Answered – Ryan Newman Walks Out of Hospital…

1. Wow!

This is just awesome, and yep, prayers were answered. I’m thrilled for his family.

2. Thank you Lord for your healing hand!

3. TreeClimber says:

Praise God!

4. litenmaus says:

I’m guessin’ by the fact that the boy is only wearing socks that his feet did not go unscathed from the impact.

• MfM says:

Likely he didn’t have shoes at the hospital and just left his wheelchair at the entrance and was walking with his kids to where he’d be picked up.

• sundance says:

Look at his shifting forearm…

That’s surface track rash from when his arm actually, momentarily, dragged the track while upside down. Incredible.

• geezlinda says:

his car caught on fire it may be from burns.

• Arthur Jackson says:

Don’t take this the wrong way, but I would like to see the in-car video now that he’s OK.

• Gary says:

Far be it from me to disagree with Sundance, but I do believe it’s physically impossible for his right arm to contact the track surface unless the entire cage and body were compromised which they weren’t or his harness broke and he was loose in the cockpit.. Window nets were intact as well. They wear arm restraints specifically designed to prevent them from reaching the window or in case of massive impact, the top of the roll cage. ( Kenny Irwin Jr. ) flipped his USAC sprint on pavement, his arms extended past the roll cage and were fractured in in 21 places. That can only be a burn, which in it self is surprising considering the layered NOMEX underwear and suit. Stan Fox literally ripped the carbon fiber tub of his car entering turn one at INDY exposing his legs as what was left bounced along the wall down the short chute, the NOMEX held up, no rash so a burn is much more likely. I’m sure the manufacturer already has, and is examining the suit.
        I once cracked a Bell helmet in a roll, they came to my shop within 48 hours asking if they could examine it to determine why it cracked. Bill Simpson is also know for doing the same if one of his harness’s are in any way questioned in a wreck. If I’m not mistaken Bill Simpson himself had Earnhardt’s belts in his hands in less that 12 hours.
        Think Austin Dillon in 2004, search the crash, he “walked away”. These are real men competing in a real sport.

5. highlander says:

Thanks be to God! Glory-Hallelujah and saints be praised!

6. sundance says:

7. Bugsdaddy says:

Looks like he has some pretty good doctors, ummm I mean kids working for him! Guaranteed to get you on your feet and feeling better!!

8. What a beautiful sight!!

9. dcnnc says:

Why is he walking out of the hospital in his socks?

10. Praise the good Lord above!!

For I know the plans I have for you…

11. Moe Grimm says:

Thank God for those with the technical and mechanical skill to build those roll cages as well as they do. And this is by no means the first time their work has saved a life.

12. sundance says:

13. Robert Smith says:

Incredible. I was just happy that he was stable!

14. Will says:

I continue to believe this was a true miracle from God. So amazing.

15. Mike Carrasco says:

Sundance didn’t realize you were such a big NASCAR fan. A little off your unusal topics but definitely great news.

God bless

16. BuckNutGuy says:

Was part of a mens group that prayed for each other each week in our late 20s. One of the crew got married a decade later at which time I read from the prayer journal. Looking back over time it was absolutely astounding at the way God answered prayer. If you don’t pray, do. If you pray, pray more.

Thank you Lord for granting Ryan a quick recovery!

17. Doug Amos says:

Our God is an awesome God

18. billygoat65 says:

Excellent News! I was praying hard for him. That crash was scary, especially after he slide to a stop and the gas was pouring out while the flames were burning. NASCAR should be commended for their concern and emphasis on driver safety. And hats off to the fine staff at Halifax Medical Center! I am a little biased towards them, I was born in that hospital.

19. EnoughIsEnough says:

I have been crying all day. The previous story about Riley brought out very sad tears. The update of Ryan Newman started the waterworks again, for very different reasons. Life is about ups and downs, and I have been on an emotional roller coaster since reading about Riley. I pray that each and every person I have read about today will find comfort, strength, and healing from the Lord above. Amen.

20. rmhnc says:

Praise God.

21. GOD bless you,
    Wishing you get well soo,

22. bkrg2 says:

Watched the race live on Monday. That wreck was really bad, especially as Newman was hit in the drivers side door at 200mph (while upside down).

I kept checking twitter for hours after the race. Figure the best case scenario was broken arm, leg and hip. Definitely brought back memories of #3 from 2001.

I can’t believe he just walked out of the hosptial with a slight limp. Unbelievable combination of fitness, safety and miracles.

23. Rj says:

This is absolutely amazing to hear and to see Daddy walking with his Girls. I want to know how someone who was in critical condition on Monday evening can be walking out of the Hospital less then 48hrs later. NASCAR and it’s ruling body need to clamp down on these drivers who take the front runners out before someone is killed and to go after drivers like JL who take out half the field

24. AnotherView says:

I got choked up when I heard this on Fox. God definitely intervened on this one.

25. Kenji says:

What a sweet, sweet photo! Of Newman walking out of the hospital hand in hand with his daughters. We all instantly recognize what matters most in life. There’s a new finish line for Newman … heal fully at home, surrounded by his loved one’s and take the checkered flag of life.

And kudos to NASCAR, and the progressively high tech cocoon they’ve built around the drivers. I am sometimes cynical about how fussy our society gets over safety … but then … when it works so brilliantly well … saving the life and career of a driver … I just tell myself to shut the hell up.

PS … yes media … I watched the race BECAUSE PDJT was there! And my entire family will vote Trump in 2020 MAGA>>>>>KAGA

26. Roger Duroid says:

Odd that he’s walking out – every hospital I’ve seen insists on you going out in a wheelchair with an attendant making sure you are safely in your auto and buckled up so you are off their liability meter. But, I suppose if you refuse, they aren’t going to forcibly restrain you and keep you there.

I doubt he will appear on ANY msm news or interview show since he will most likely speak positively about PDJTs visit and msm wants to ignore that.

27. kleen says:

Thank you Jesus!

28. visage13 says:

That is amazing, such incredible news!

29. Kenny mack says:

As a former NASCAR Crew Chief I know exactly the amount of design and execution it takes to custom fit each bar and precision weld each one.It doesn’t surprise me that he survived and was not hurt much. Congratulations to whoever built that roll cage and I know he is sleeping well tonite.Your drivers life is actually in your hands and it is so satisfying to know your design and execution was flawless. Thanks again .

30. Rowdyone says:

Close examination of the provided pictures shows abrasions on both arms with redness as well as redness on the back of his neck. Could be stain from betadine/disinfectant or mild burns from hot oil being spilled from the dry sump oil reservoir mounted under the hood with stainless steel AN aircraft hose leading to the engine block that probably was torn loose. Or it could have been burning residual fuel in the fuel line before the car came to rest that his fire suit reduced uhtil the emergency crews got there. Fortunately he had minimal fuel aboard at that point of the race and an impact resistant fuel cell mandated by NASCAR. Or it could have been hot engine coolant that was seen all over the scene. If oil or coolant soaked his driving shoes he may have mild burns on the top of his feet making it it a no brainer to not wear shoes home. Pure speculation on my part but I did some pit crewing in West Coast NASCAR years ago and saw several less severe crashes than this. The safety now is light years ahead of then but stuff happens all the time at 200 mph that results in better procedures. Thankfully, Ryan benefitted from lessons previously learned. Will NASCAR learn from this and outlaw bump drafting? We’ll see.

31. Free Speech says:

Thankful #6 is not only alive, but up and walking around.

Incredible finish, making two in a row for my man Denny. Now he needs to go get that championship that keeps eluding him. I was there in 2018 when Austin Dillon moved Almirola on the final lap for the win. Daytona has been having some great finishes lately.

32. T2020 says:

Great is the Lord and greatly to be praised!🙌🏻❤️😇🙏

33. History Teaches says:

Prayers answered. Thank the Lord.

It will be interesting if he gets behind the wheel again in the future or moves into another role in the sport. Highly intelligent, he could be on the engineering side or even a trouble shooter or liason for NASCAR regarding safety concerns.

34. hawkins6 says:

Fabulous news. The Pop Ryan and daughter pictures are priceless.

I’ll join others here and applaud the efforts of the NASCAR safety engineers and others including some of the drivers themselves like Ryan that might have had input in creating a genuine “safe place” for the drivers to race in. I admire their skill and bravery and I’m very glad they’re all OK. That is quite an achievement for a 500 mile tailgate race at incredible speeds. (minus flag warning laps of course)

35. dom elp says:

I want a nascar car to commute to work please.

36. Glad he is home. Hospitals are no place to get better. Full of germs and people who make mistakes.

37. Genie says:

Drive on, Ryan.

38. samwise163 says:

Praise God Almighty and His omnipotent hand!

39. Grandma Covfefe says:

To God Be The Glory…For The Things He Hath Done.

40. CountryDoc says:

Praise God!

41. TwoLaine says:

This is where the saying “a picture tells a thousand words” comes in. It is so sweet and yet so simple. He looks like he is barefoot, not a care in the world.

Considering he was literally flying high just the other night, this is a testament to the constant safety precautions and retooling of the sport of NASCAR, and how far they have come since Dale died in 2001, at this same track.

I liken them to the NTSB in their reactions to accidents, and what can be done to keep their drivers safe, safer, safest.

As I watched the many crashes the other night, there were several that were just like Dale’s and they got out of their cars without an issue. Then came Ryan’s. It reminded me of the 1995 crash of Stan Fox at Indy, except he was in open wheels.

Stan’s car came apart and he was flying thru the air strapped to what was left of it, flopping all over the place like a dummy, with his legs hanging and banging in the wind. Leaving the track that day we were scared as heck that he wasn’t going to make it. The same day Christopher Reeves had his tragic fall from his horse. A double whammy.

Stan fared better than Chris, physically anyway. He eventually got back in a car and raced, but he was never the same. They have both since passed and way too soon.

I will keep Ryan and h family in my prayers. Let the healing begin.