Tuesday January 21st – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

104 Responses to Tuesday January 21st – Open Thread

1. DanDeplorable says:

2. citizen817 says:

3. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Two Sides Of One Coin

By Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

“I will very gladly spend and be spent for you; though the more abundantly I love you, the less I be loved” (II Cor. 12:15).

The true man of God will faithfully serve the congregation which the Lord has entrusted to him without thought of reward. Like Paul, he will “gladly spend and be spent” for them even if his toil and sacrifice go unappreciated. Where the congregation is too small to support him fully he will cheerfully engage in enough secular work to supply the deficiency. This is as it should be for, in ministering to his people, he is serving God.

But there is another side to this coin, for Christian assemblies should appreciate the ministries of their pastors in their behalf. This is especially so where the minister gives himself unstintingly for his flock.

It is a sad fact that too many pastors are grossly underpaid. Most of the members of the congregation would not be willing to live on the low economic level on which they keep their pastor and his family living for years on end. He must be willing to sacrifice, but they must not be deprived of any of the luxuries to which they are accustomed. They do not realize how discouraging it can be for the pastor and his family to constantly have to do without, while the better- off members of the congregation hardly notice.

This is why the Apostle Paul reproved the Corinthians and declares: “Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel” (I Cor. 9:14). And this, too, is why he wrote to the large-hearted Philippians:

“I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Notwithstanding ye have well done, that ye did communicate with my affliction ….Not that I desire a gift, but I desire fruit that may abound to your account” (Phil. 4:13-17).

Where true, Bible-believing pastors are concerned, let’s not be Corinthians; let’s be Philippians.

2 Corinthians 12:15 And I will very gladly spend and be spent for you; though the more abundantly I love you, the less I be loved.

1 Corinthians 9:14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
    14 Notwithstanding ye have well done, that ye did communicate with my affliction.
    15 Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only.
    16 For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity.
    17 Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.

4. Garrison Hall says:

Truth. If you have old friends, you can count yourself lucky.

• JTR says:

My 2 best friends live not far from me. I met “Chuck” when we were 13. He had red hair and freckles just like me. He was my protector all through high school. If anyone gave me a problem, Chuck would tell them I was his little sister. A quiet threat.

I met his wife when we were 15. She and I know more about each other than anyone in the world, even Chuck. We’ve all 3 stuck together like a family, raising each others kids, and just going through life over all this time,, even when I left the country for a few years.

Chuck passed away about 2 weeks ago, and it was the most moving funeral I’ve ever been to. After all these years, I was on the phone with either or both of them at least once a month, chin-wagging for hours!

I sure do miss my old friend. Thanks Garrison.

5. freepetta says:

God Bless Our Great President And Our Country
    President Trump Needs All Our Prayers
    In Jesus Name Amen 🙏

6. Lucille says:

Our incredible, magnificent, God-created earth…
    Hans Zimmer – “Time” from the film INCEPTION

Have a blessed day!

7. citizen817 says:

• mandy says:

Respectfully disagree. Most important speech was his final sermon “The Drum Major Instinct,” delivered at Ebenezer Baptist in Atlanta on Feb 4, 1968 – exactly two MONTHS before he was killed, and in which he told the congregation **what he wanted said at his funeral.**

Though I admit, it could be argued that “A Time to Break Silence,” delivered at Riverside Church in NYC on April 4, 1967 – EXACTLY ONE YEAR BEFORE HE WAS KILLED – was his most important.

I’ll go to my grave believing that MLK Jr was offed by our own fedgov because of his eloquent opposition to the Vietnam War.

There’s a reason THESE are not in the ‘highlight reel’ fed to the masses.

8. citizen817 says:

9. Lucille says:

Scientists Confirm Unborn Children Feel Pain During Abortions, as Early as 12 Weeks
    By Micaiah Bilger – January 20, 2020 | 11:02AM LONDON, ENGLAND

10. Troublemaker10 says:

11. Garrison Hall says:

Note to Taliban: Never, ever, mess with a Gurka! In 15min of combat he fired 400 rounds and threw 17 grenades, fighting off 15 attackers.

• czarowniczy says:

Unless they’ve changed the Gurkha selection and training process, and I seriously doubt they have as it’s a 200+ year old unit of the British Army, this is expected behavior on the Gurkha’s part. Out of some 8000 or so applicants only about 300 pass the application – not even at training yet – just the application screening. The application process would squash many applicants to the US military – but that’s a problem we’ve had for years.

I notice it wasn’t mentioned if he’d used his kukri, a weapon iconic to the Gurkhas. There are hair-raising stories from US military about Gurkhas using them during the Korean War. I have a military kukri and it’s much heavier than my issue K-bar and does a helluva lot more damage than most knives US GIs carry – the Gurkhas also train more extensively with it than US soldiers do. The Gurkhas are one of those iconic military units like the ROKs that GIs who’ve had the privilege to serve with never forget.

12. dogsmaw says:

dyslexic anyone?

Reverse the proper order of things or events

/whois isolep

13. dogsmaw says:

Grats!!!

14. Troublemaker10 says:

• jbt says:

Queen Elizabeth made a very wise decision to disconnect them from the Royal family, recognizing that Meghan and her globalist handlers had some nefarious plans to crush the monarchy and destroy it forever. It must have been hard for the Queen, but isn’t tough love always? She has got to be the finest GB has ever seen.

15. Janie M. says:

Discovered this tune a couple of years ago and fell in love with it. Very relaxing to me. Had to track it down again….thought I had saved it.

• the5thranchhand says:

This is such a beautiful, soul-soothing, peaceful song……..the notes are so crisp, clear and clean sounding. And, fresh as the new fallen snow! Listened to it three times, hoping to remember it! Thank you for sharing Janie M.

• Janie M. says:

YVW, 5th. BTW, whenever, I listen to the video, I always listen to it MORE than once.😉 Isn’t it amazing and addicting! You travel to a different place. Yes, it is soul-soothing. It is my understanding the musician doesn’t copyright his music so it can be shared. Once it is imprinted in your memory… you will always hear it – especially the opening.

• Janie M. says:

P.S. I’ve pasted the link to it into a draft email so I can listen to it whenever i need to do so. If youtube ever does another revision to its format… it won’t be lost to me since I’ve got the musician’s name and the song title.

16. Dora says:

Winslow Homer “Solitude” 1886

17. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”
    Matthew 5:16 (KJV)

18. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels! The circus continues….

19. Dora says:

I miss Mother Angelica. Listening to her always had such a calming effect.

20. Dora says:

21. From Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
    A Response to the “Trial of Impeachment” which begins today in the United States Senate

In Support of President Donald John Trump:

A List of Seven Facts to Counter His Seven Prosecutors

We declare that our President is worthy to be reelected in each of these 7 ways, countering his 7 prosecutors:

1. He has honored God and has been a champion of religious freedom – both here and throughout the world!

> > > For this, he is worthy to be reelected!

2. He is supporting and defending Israel as never before!

> > > For this, he is worthy to be reelected!

3. He is standing for LIFE and family, and against the exploitation of children!

> > > For this, he is worthy to be reelected!

4. He loves this nation, is a patriot and has protected the USA from all enemies, internal and external.

> > > For this, he is worthy to be reelected!

5. He has stewarded the economy to new heights . . . the highest in US history!

> > > For this, he is worthy to be reelected!

6. He has restored the leadership of the US among the nations.

> > > For this, he is worthy to be reelected!

7. He has restored the dignity of the Body of Christ here in the United States.

> > > For this, he is worthy to be reelected!

We prayed:

“Lord Jesus, we stand for this man and want him to be reelected. Tonight, we lift one voice to declare his protection and reelection!”

22. Dora says:

23. Dora says:

For history lovers. A vivid and interesting description of a tragic event.

======

Notes for 2020 – Louis XVI, Saintly King, true Martyr: a Catholic going to death and His Last Will and Testament

On January 20, 1793, the National Convention condemned Louis XVI to death, his execution scheduled for the next day. Louis spent that evening saying goodbye to his wife and children. The following day, January 21, dawned cold and wet. Louis arose at five. At eight o’clock a guard of 1,200 horsemen arrived to escort the former king on a two-hour carriage ride to his place of execution. Accompanying Louis, at his invitation, was a priest, Henry Essex Edgeworth, an Englishman living in France. Edgeworth recorded the event and we join his narrative as he and the fated King enter the carriage to begin their journey:

24. just stevie says:

RECALL WHAT GOD REMEMBERS

“I remember…the kindness of thy youth.” Jeremiah ii. 2

Am I as spontaneously kind to God as I used to be, or am I only expecting God to be kind to me? Am I full of the little things that cheer His heart over me, or am I whimpering because things are going hardly with me? There is no joy in the soul that has forgotten what God prizes. It is a great thing to think that Jesus Christ has need of me – “Give Me to drink.” How much kindness have I shown Him this past week? Have I been kind to His reputation in my life?

God is saying to His people – You are not in love with Me now, but I remember the time when you were – “I remember…the love of thine espousals.” Am I as full of the extravagance of love to Jesus Christ as I was in the beginning, when I went out of my way to prove my devotion to Him? Does He find me recalling the time when I did not care for anything but Himself? Am I there now, or have I become wise over loving Him? Am I so in love with Him that I take no account of where I go? or am I watching for the respect due to me; weighing how much service I ought to give?

If, as I recall what God remembers about me, I find He is not what He used to be to me, let it produce shame and humiliation, because that shame will bring the godly sorrow that works repentance.

Oswald Chambers
    January 21st Devotional

25. Sepp says:

. . . but deliver us from the Evil One.

26. czarowniczy says:

And totally forgotten/ignored in the Bloomberg-backed gun confiscation in Virginia is: ‘what about those Moslem centers there that were of such interest to the FBI that, before and after 911, they had 24/7 surveillance on them until after 2008 the interest mysteriously flagged?’.

Jamaat Al-Fuqra has admitted centers at Red House and Meherrin, Virginia, compounds the FBI admits conduct weapons training, tactics, hand-to-hand combat, rappelling, and live-fire exercises. This group is the same group that owns the Islamberg compound in New York that has been cleared by NY state officials, despite locals’ complaints to the contrary, of being home to weapons and explosives use.

I’m presuming that when the Rats disarm the Virginia Christian/Jewish population that al-Fuqra/Muslims of America adherents will no longer feel threatened and surrender their weapons. Perhaps this will convince the other 20-odd al-Fuqra, and other alleged Moslem fundamentalist (opps, I should have said ‘alleged’ there…) compounds across the US to disarm as the Rats disarm the infidel populations of America. Has the Barney the Dinosaur song been translated into Arabic yet?

27. NoTwoSystemsOnlyOneChiCom says:

Pres. Tsai gives interviews to interntional outlets that are sure to rattle the Hundred Acred Red-Wood in Beijing. It’s spelled i-n-d-e-p-e-n-d-e-n-t Chairman Pooh

28. NoTwoSystemsOnlyOneChiCom says:

What a gathering in Jerusalem this week for the rememberance of the liberation of Auschwitz. One question. Will Pelosi take a plane all by herself? Pence and Putin. Come on guys and talk!

29. Janie M. says:

What an amazing accomplished man/warrior. I salute you Lt. Kim. From Military.com:

Former Navy SEAL, Harvard Doctor to Be First Korean-American in Space

[snip]

“Kim will be the first Korean-American to join a NASA mission in space. He has also served as a U.S. Navy SEAL and a Harvard-trained physician. It all started with his enlistment in the Navy, where he started his career as a seaman recruit after graduating from high school in 2002.
    He was the child of poor South Korean immigrants who arrived in Los Angeles in the early 1980s, where he was born. It’s from this upbringing Kim learned the one thing he would now want to tell his younger self:
    “All things that are worthwhile are very difficult to obtain,” he told CNN.”

30. czarowniczy says:

Friend who was in medical intel and I have been watching the Chinese Wuhan coronavirus develop and after announcing that the US will start monitoring selected airports for the virus. It’s interesting that days after the US announced its intentions, weeks after the Chinese government released the news it’s been jumping through its butt trying to deal with it in China, the first case shows up in Washington state.

Fear not, the government is using its usual airport ‘Oh Sh*t!’ disease screening protocols to ‘efficiently’ screen entire planes full of arriving passengers to ensure the safety of the American public. I’m sure the Chinese version of the CDC will share its research on its attempts to identify the virus and develop a vaccine. Granted it’s a Chinese issue but it’s been a ‘gimme’ for a long time that diseases, especially avian and porcine virus diseases, will make it here. There are factors that make certain viruses develop rapidly in China and we should keep an eye on what’s starting there and be proactive here as a result.

Oh well, close enough for government work.

31. @MaineSkin says:

What’s up with Glenn Greenwald? Are countries finally having enough with the liberal terrorism infesting the globe? #LiberalTerrorism should trend lol

32. @MaineSkin says:

What is up with Greewald? Are countries finally fighting back against #LiberalTerrorism?
    Brazil is an ally and unless this is a hit back for threatening sanctions, we must have been notified.
    I think Trump gave Brazil a heads up with the sanctions threat just using it as a show since Brazil and Poland are now marching to the US beat. (Feel Free to rip this apart I’m just throwing shit out)

33. Folks, I’m down with some serious FLU, AND dealing with the “hole in Muh Leg”..
    I’ve been laid up a quite awhile, but feel the need to post..
    I’m very weak it hurt’s to type..

if I can get it started
    See below..
    WATCH: https://www.wect.com/2020/01/21/wilmington-charter-school-suspends-use-seclusion-room-after-illegal-usage/
    THIS is the “Charter school” that feels,, They are above the Law..
    The One that got ME & the Misses Evicted, with me, beggin for monies.. Withholding our deposits.. (I digress)..
    I love you all..
    God Bless David & Angie!

34. Ol Joe
    Of course Rudy knows that also mean hill, and the big eared coke freak would also be in that same situation

Rudy Giuliani: Joe Biden Has to Be Prosecuted – There Is No Doubt About It (VIDEO) https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/01/rudy-giuliani-joe-biden-has-to-be-prosecuted-there-is-no-doubt-about-it-video/

35. Sepp says:

To Ponder

Let me ponder on the three temptations wherewith Satan tempted the Lord Jesus, on:

1. The love of pleasure (the temptation with bread).
    2. The love of glory (the taking up to the pinnacle of the Temple).
    3. The love of money (the offering of possession of the whole world).

From “The Prologue from Ohrid” by Saint Nikolai (Serbian-born Bishop who reposed in the USA and was a former prisoner at Dachau) for today – January 8th – on the traditional Calendar of the Orthodox Christian Church.

36. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

37. auscitizenmom says:

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh and Gen. Flynn:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

38. dogsmaw says:

39. dogsmaw says:

After all these years…

I went roaming back in time to see what has happened to my ‘favorite’ sites that I tracked through the years and came upon a very wonderful surprise. I am still interested in the Watchman as we are given instructions in the Word of God.

KJV
    Act 20:31
    Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.
    Mat 24:42
    Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
    Mat 25:13
    Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
    Mar 13:35
    Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
    Luk 21:36
    Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
    1Th 5:6
    Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
    1Pe 4:7
    But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.
    Rev 3:3
    Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

My interests are so wide that it is very hard to keep a focus, so I am dependent on others that are Watchman. Let’s glance a moment towards Israel and into Jerusalem.

Stan Goodenough
    @zionwarrior
    Father of 7; Evangelical South African; Israel resident and certified tour guide; blogger; commentator.

Stan Goodenough Interview — Israel, Islam and End Times

All I can say…Stan is the same today as he was back then in my yester years, I hope you have time to see the whole interview.

40. mandy says:

In case y’all want to keep track of what is going on with that new virus, I came across this (and I’ll post this in tomorrow’s daily when it goes up as well):