Tuesday January 14th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

119 Responses to Tuesday January 14th – Open Thread

1. DanDeplorable says:

2. citizen817 says:

3. citizen817 says:

4. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Why Paul’s Ministry Was So Effective

We have Christian friends who have a close relationship with an outstanding Bible teacher. They tell the story of going on a cruise with this teacher. At the time, the husband knew Christ as Savior, but the wife was still unsaved and somewhat leery of letting go of the doctrines learned as a child in her church.

The teacher disarmed this lady by seeking her out, sharing a meal with them, being very personable, and lovingly sharing the Scriptures she needed. The end result was that this lady trusted Christ as her Savior, became a vibrant believer, and the couple became lifelong friends with this teacher who had been so used of the Lord in their lives.

Have you ever wondered how the Apostle Paul had such an effective ministry with so many during his lifetime? He gives his testimony about this in the Scriptures. It began with a genuine burden for lost souls.
    Paul tells us “That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren…” (Rom. 9:2,3).

Lost souls seem to be able to sense when one deeply cares for their spiritual welfare. Paul was ready to share the eternal life-giving gospel “in season, out of season” (2 Tim. 4:2).

No matter where he was, from prison to the palace, he was constantly giving out the message of salvation by grace alone. He sowed the seed of the gospel frequently enough that many were saved. Paul said, “I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more” (1 Cor. 9:19).

His attitude was one of surrendering as a willing bond slave to the Savior; then, he served others, in a spiritual sense, willingly and humbly attending to their needs. Paul approached the lost in a personable way, finding common ground with the lost so he’d have greater credibility when presenting the gospel. He says: “…unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews…

To them that are without law, as without law…I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some…” (1 Cor. 9:20-22). Paul was also tireless, working “night and day” (Acts 20:31; 1 Thes. 2:9), in his care and prayer for those he led to Christ.

If you’d like to be more greatly used of the Lord, follow this pattern used by the Apostle Paul and the teacher who reached our friend.

By Pastor John Fredericksen

Romans 9:2 That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.
    3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

1 Corinthians 9:19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

1 Corinthians 9:20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
    21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
    22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

Acts 20:31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

1 Thessalonians 2:9 For ye remember, brethren, our labour and travail: for labouring night and day, because we would not be chargeable unto any of you, we preached unto you the gospel of God.

• MNBV says:

May your god go with you. I hope he helps you to sleep at night.

But please understand there are very competent Constitutional conservative Trumpers who are atheists. We appreciate what we regard as the USA’s very good fortune to have a Judeo Christian cultural history, it allowed many things impossible in other cultures. Serendipitous doesn’t mean fact. I am no less ‘moral’ than you, just evidence based.
      We can get along.

• mark says:

MNBV, yes we can and do get along. Please ponder this. The last minute of your life what will you be thinking?

• Johnny Boost says:

I’ll be thinking, “Ow, dying hurts!”

• MNBV says:

“The last minute of your life what will you be thinking?”
          I think you’ve nailed it.
          Human beings can’t bear to contemplate their own non-existence, and who can blame us.
          Gently, all religion is a construct to modify the fear of not being. My choice is to look that in the eye and maintain a sense of humour. It’s not for everyone.

• mopar2016 says:

Lighten up Francis, no need to be offended by people of faith.
            They’re quite common here.

• mark says:

Mopar, I’ll still be laughing at that in the morning!! I gotta black lab and you know how the Treepers love ANIMALS.

• MNBV says:

I do find religionists a little paranoid at times.
              I answer a genuine question from ‘mark’, “the last minute of your life what will you be thinking? and that somehow translates into being “offended by people of faith”.
              Evidence free judgements are possibly therefore a trait of various religions? I don’t know.

• billybob says:

Hi MNBV . I would take a guess and say that being a conservative and also frequenting the treehouse would put you in the category of people who believe in justice and have expectations of it . As an atheist the reality is that if someone evades justice in this world for their actions then they have beat the system and got away scot free and this would be a motivation for like minded people to also break laws – legal or spiritual . As a Christian I believe none of us escape the consequences of our actions and this alone puts a great restraint on mans actions with his fellow man . You cannot have “ Moral Laws “ being an atheist , all you can have are Situational Ethics .

• MNBV says:

Yep, I understand the religionist’s logical need for supervision and final authority to contain their behaviour. We function just fine without that. People have different ways of living a decent life…… culturally accumulated values, family, friends, etc etc.
              I don’t claim to be a dispenser of Moral Laws.

• mark says:

Hey it was just a question and I got it wrong. I should have asked for the last moment.

• Trog Luddite says:

I’ll be thinking, “so that’s why they say do not remove this tag under penalty of law.”

• Rudy says:

I’ve been closer than a minute, and my basic thoughts were along the lines of ‘what will I feel’ and ‘hope it doesn’t hurt much’.
          That was about it.

5. citizen817 says:

6. Troublemaker10 says:

7. Dorothea says:

In the past, I thought that what the FBI did to Donald Trump and any of his supporters was similar to “Les Miserables” in which Inspector Javert pursues and harasses Jean Valjean. The comparison does not work, however, because Trump never committed a crime. The correct comparison is going to be for President Trump “The Count of Monte Cristo.” The Count is accused of treason, arrested, and imprisoned without a trial along with numerous other betrayals. However, by the end of the book, he avenges himself against every person who conspired to destroy him. Trump will win in the same way and deftly avenge himself and all of his supporters including Roger Stone and Michael Flynn. We need to pray and lift up all the people whose lives were destroyed by the FBI and the FISA judges in particular. Keep the faith.

• Garrison Hall says:

There is evil in government. It is barely contained by the limitations of our constitutions. This is why we must be ever vigilant. Our founders understood this perfectly well. Which is why we have a 2nd Amendment.

• dilonsfo says:

The problem with General Flynn’s case is he pled guilty in agreeing to a plea bargain. In doing so he admits to the charge he is accused of in the plea and has to do so in open court. He may, if he did not waive his appeal rights, have the plea overturned based on false statements of evidence my the prosecution. Had he have stood his ground the case would have been thrown out as was his accused partner. Roger Stone, on the other hand, stood his ground, was refused a defense he intended to use by the court, and found guilty by a liberal packed jury. Part the fault of his attorney. His case will most likely be overturned on appeal: unless President Trump pardons him before it gets that far. President Trump may also pardon General Flynn after the sentencing. However, innocent people should never enter into a plea agreement because it is almost impossible to withdraw the plea once it is entered into by a defendant and the prosecution. My point is the Count of Monte Cristo never entered into a plea agreement and was never given a trial. So, I think your analogy about President Trump is an excellent one.

8. Pointman says:

If they’d ever fell into his hands, they have been taking unaided flight lessons off the top of a five story building.

Pointman

9. Garrison Hall says:

The word “mighty” is often used when describing pipe organs. Certainly when we get to hear one—especially a big 50 rank version—in a large cathedral with a long reverb we know we’re hearing something pretty special. And when the organist pulls out all the stops for those bass pedal passages we get the idea where the word “mighty” comes from. Vidor’s Toccata from his 5th organ Symphony explores the full range of a mighty church organ. Wow.

10. hawkins6 says:

It really is outrageous that FISC presiding Judge Boasberg appointed David Chris to review the FISA warrant process as sundance pointed out. It is now a politically tainted process.

Regular Contributor for MSNBC/Maddow and recently hired FISC Reviewer David Kris–July 2018–On Protecting FBI Sources that spied on Carter Page.

11. hawkins6 says:

May 2018—David Kris’s comments start at 3:30 but the beginning is worth watching. A regular MSNBC/Maddow contributor during their bogus Russian Collusion hysteria is now reviewing the FISC methods thanks to presiding FISC Judge Boasberg.

I couldn’t find a Video address that worked but the video is easy to access with this link.

12. Lucille says:

Treepers…

Reservoir Park, Spring Garden Township, Pennsylvania…

English Forest…

Alaska’s Denali National Park…

Death Valley, California…

13. gda53 says:

A take on the Australian fires other than the usual (yawn) climate change tripe.

“When bushfire management passed from local control to government bureaucracies, the political influence of the green movement virtually stopped the off-season burnoffs. This traditional practice dated back to the black man and his firestick management of the landscape. The European settlers adopted it, as did farmers and local grassroots volunteer firefighters.”

I seem to remember similar deficiencies in forest management with the California wild fires, just a few scant months ago. They cried climate change there too.

• Lucille says:

“This traditional practice dated back to the black man and his firestick management of the landscape.”

Most interesting sentence…you would think it’d get the greenies’ attention that an indigenous people used the off-season burnoffs to great environmental advantage. Maybe if the Aborigines would insist it be put in practice again, it would have more impact on the PC crowd.

As it is, the government of Australia has committed a crime against humanity and animal life.

• czarowniczy says:

Same here, early explorers remarked on how well the American indians in East kept their forest areas manicured like English parks with prescribed burnoffs. They’d learned from natural forest fires that regular burns are required to remove underbrush and dead limbs/trees, it returns nutrients to the soil and clears the forest and grasslands surface for new growth.

We have a tree farm and do regular burns to clear brush and the assorted detritus that accumulates. A few decades back the folks at Yellowstone were prevented from doing prescribed burns and the accumulated crap that built up on the forest and plains floor over the years heavily contributed to the disastrous fire in 1988 that burned over 60% of the park and killed hundreds of animals. The heavy destruction of native trees in California and replacement with scrub crap and the lack of prescribed burns has gone a long way to causing their problems but, it’s California.

We have a legal right to do prescribed burns on our farms and ranches. We have several scrub brushes that grow tall and burn like blazes so if we don’t burn them when they’re small they can become 20-foot tall flame throwers. When we keep our underbrush down our burns are low and fast, otherwise we’d have fires like they’re having in California. There are those liberal arts environmentalists who are trying to stop our ‘greenhouse gas emitting burns’ but so far they’ve been held at bay. The experts in the field are prevailing over the nutjobs who just ‘feel’ so we’re spared the consequences.

• JTR says:

Here in NE Georgia, we have burn offs every year. They rotate where they take place, and it takes care of all the underbrush and fallen trees. Last year, we could smell the burns on Mount Airy, but we were advised in the local news about what was going on, so we didn’t have to worry much.
      Our woods around here really do grow dense with underbrush, and it can be difficult to just get through the woods without a machete or following the deer trails.
      Thank you, Land Management!

14. nimrodman says:

‘OK Boomer, ‘ Responds 911 Operator As Man Calls Complaining Of Severe Chest Pains

rather than dispatching emergency services, Mangine simply replied, “OK, boomer.”

When Fenton went on to beg the operator to send him an ambulance, she went on to respond, “Why so salty, my dude?”

The recording of the call confirms that this was Mangine’s response, as did Mangine when interviewed. “Dude was srsly old,” she told reporters.

15. Dora says:

Walter Launt Palmer – ‘Albany in the Snow’ 1871

16. 2Alpha says:

I THOUGHT I’D SHARE A DREAM –

Monday afternoon I decided to take a quip nap, so I turned on the heating blanket and curled up for some sleep. To my amazement, I had a very vivid dream!

I had just purchased an old mansion near Washington DC with the purpose of restoring it and turning it into a museum of sorts. There was an old credenza needing repair, so I had it trussed up with 3 ft clamps, 6 ft clamps and strapping to hold it together while the new glue was drying.
    That’s when things got interesting!

It seemed the current crop of Democrat Presidential candidates were there to provide assistance!

Pete Budiguig arrived and wanted to help. He immediately began removing some of the clamps on the credenza, and only stopped after I had admonished him and explained that their purpose had not been achieved! He looked beaten and began to wander aimlessly around the old house.

Suddenly, a noise from the kitchen got my attention and as I investigated, I saw Elizabeth Warren on a tractor with a log chain wrapped around the old refrigerator, trying to pull it thru a narrow door and remove it. I quickly jumped up onto the tractor and shut it off, then removed the keys and told Elizabeth that there were much easier and less damaging ways to remove the refrigerator! She shrugged and got off the tractor’s seat and began wandering about.

It was then that I noticed Joe Biden standing out by the mailbox! What was he up to? As I approached I heard him talking on the phone to someone about some promise he had made. He assured the other party that the funds were in transit and he would take possession at midnight. Not wanting to pry, I simply asked Joe if doing business at midnight was a normal thing for him? His reply was, “Oh this isn’t business, it’s politics. We work at all hours.” So I asked if I could help in any way, and he replied, “Why Yes. I’m going to be leaving in a few minutes and could you please tell the police when they arrive that I have been working here all night and all day?” I answered, “But Joe, you’ve only been here a few minutes!” He said, ‘That’s alright, the police will never know the truth if you just tell them what I told you to say, OK?” And with that, Joe strutted away down the sidewalk and disappeared.

Then another loud noise from inside the house! In the front room, there was a huge fireplace with a beautiful marble mantle and surround. Bernie Sanders was working away with a jackhammer at the tile on the apron of the fireplace, trying to remove it! I ran up to him and grabbed his arm and shouted, ‘STOP’. I explained that the tile and marble were going to stay and we were going to work around the fireplace and keep it. He said, “OK” and put down the jackhammer as he removed his safety glasses. Then he said, “I can’t see how you’re gonna have a new house with an old fireplace in the front room!?” “You need a whole new fireplace!” Then he began to brush off the dust from his trousers and quietly walked out of the house.

I turned to go check on the Kitchen when Amy Klobuchar grabbed my arm. She was dressed in a business suit, not work clothes, so I guessed that she had just arrived. She wanted to know how long she was expected to work and when was lunchtime. I told her there was no time for lunch, but she could leave at any time. She didn’t say another word, but turned on her heel and quickly walked out of the house and down the driveway to a waiting car. She got in and left. I was left wondering why she even bothered to show up?

It was then that I heard someone coming down the stairs talking on the phone. I looked up and saw Tom Styer. He was jabbering about something that he had done long ago and promised that it did have relevance in today’s environment. He was quite animated and seemed disturbed that the party on the other end of the line didn’t seem to be so convinced of his argument. I watched him for a while, then walked into the kitchen to assess the damage to the chained refrigerator and the doorway. I removed the chain and wrestled the refrigerator back to the center of the room just as Styer walked in. He gave a huge SIGH, and said, “I’m glad THAT’s over!” I asked if I could help, but his reply was, “No. It’s just politics. You wouldn’t understand”. And with that, he walked out of the kitchen leaving me all alone… And I SUDDENLY WOKE UP!

Now, of course, all of this happened in the blink of an eye, on the head of a pin, without rhyme nor reason.

But something is in there somewhere for a good detective to discover…
    I HOPE YOU ENJOYED MY AFTERNOON DREAM!
    – ALPHA

• amwick says:

Wow… that was strange…. but really interesting. I don’t generally remember dreams..

• Pale rider says:

They all left the ‘house’ that’s what’s important. Styer being last I would have figured Bernie. So Bernie is just a ’fluffer’ again. “Mantle” being replaced instead of fixed, seems to fit with socialism.
      Biden outside only there for the money, at night, or in the dark.
      What’s in the fridge?
      None others there? So anything on the history of the house that you know of? If you don’t mind me asking?

• 2Alpha says:

I think I’ve figured out the dream.
        I’m not sure the chronology of the visitors is important. It may be, but I think each revealed an inner disgust in me, with the gay boy coming in first.
        Some may not like what I say, but… Here goes…
        Gay people are extremely selfish people. They put themselves first in all things. They need to convince themselves that what they do is real, right and necessary.
        Petey needed to remove the ‘encumbrances’ on the beautiful piece of furniture. He has no experience in fixing things so all he saw was the finished product. When I made him stop he lost interest in the project. Same thing happened to him in South Bend. When he saw the opportunity for a presidential run, he lost interest in SB and walked away. He’s a quitter.

Warren’s episode with the chain, tractor and refrigerator showed me that she was more interested in changing things, removing the old, without any regard to the surroundings or the effect her efforts may have on the entire building. She is single purposed, narrow-minded and suffers from tunnel vision. She lacks the necessary skills to comprehend the ‘big picture’. Not leadership material. Keep her away from machinery of ANY kind!

I think you nailed Biden, Pale Rider. In the dark, only interested in the money and lying is second nature to him… Likely, he believes that everybody lies so it’s OK. First-class weasel.

You nailed Bernie as well. Let’s tear it all down and rebuild in the image of our god ‘communism’.

As for Klobuchar, she’s a mere pretender. Egocentric fraud. Not to be taken seriously.

The late arrival of Styer was interesting. He seems to think he can convince us he is ‘Presidential Timber’ based on marginal money skills and a large bank account. Styer is dismissive and arrogant. Not the qualities of a leader I would follow into battle.

So that’s my feeble interpretation – THANKS for your input!😎

17. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:”
    John 11:25 (KJV)

18. just stevie says:

CALLED OF GOD

“Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.” Isaiah vi. 8

God did not address the call to Isaiah; Isaiah overheard God saying, “Who will go for us?” The call of God is not for the special few, it is for everyone. Whether or not I hear God’s call depends upon the state of my ears; and what I hear depends upon my disposition. “Many are called but few are chosen,” that is, few prove themselves the chosen ones. The chosen ones are those who have come into a relationship with God through Jesus Christ whereby their disposition has been altered and their ears unstopped, and they hear the still small voice questioning all the time, “Who will go for us?” It is not a question of God singling out a man and saying, “Now, YOU go.” God did not lay a strong compulsion on Isaiah; Isaiah was in the presence of God and he overheard the call, and realized that there was nothing else for him but to say, in conscious freedom, “Here am I, send me.” Get out of your mind the idea of expecting God to come with compulsions and pleadings. When our Lord called His disciples there was no irresistible compulsion from outside. The quiet passionate insistence of His “Follow Me” was spoken to men with every power wide awake. If we let the Spirit of God bring us face to face with God, we too shall hear something akin of what Isaiah heard, the still small voice of God; and in perfect freedom will say, “Here am I; send me.”

Oswald Chambers
    January 14th Devotional

19. Dora says:

He seems to be starting a war.

• mandy says:

See 1 Timothy 3….even married BISHOPS were allowed. (There’s more in Acts, and I think also Titus, IIRC, on the requirements for clergy. Celibacy isn’t one of them.)

So….when did the Roman Catholics go against the biblical instruction and enforce celibacy as a requirement for priests?

First Lateran Council of 1123, Canon 21:

“CANON 21

Summary. Clerics in major orders may not marry, and marriages already contracted must be dissolved.

Text. We absolutely forbid priests, deacons, subdeacons, and monks to have concubines or to contract marriage. We decree in accordance with the definitions of the sacred canons, that marriages already contracted by such persons must be dissolved, and that the persons be condemned to do penance.”

I think that was their first major Council after they split away from the Church (Orthodox) in 1054 (Great Schism). I looked this up a few years ago because in our readings, we came across a letter (by a Roman Catholic priest, IIRC) which was requesting action on the problem of large numbers of homosexual men being ordained as RC priests – and that letter was from the 1200s! Basically, it took LESS THAN ONE HUNDRED YEARS from the anti biblical Canon 21 to begin the destruction of the RC priesthood.

I do not like Francis at all, but … based on reading the Bible, it seems to me that he’s attempting to right a wrong.

And FWIW, the Orthodox did not stray from the Biblical instruction re: priests – our priests are allowed to be married (prior to ordination – not AFTER, because that risks “poaching from their flock.”) In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever met a priest who ISN’T married (and most have a bunch of kids, too).

20. getfitnow says:

FTA – Who is Q? What is Q? And, perhaps most importantly, why is Q? Q and the ever-growing worldwide movement it’s inspired have been the objects of fascination, mockery and hatred, but of surprisingly little serious analysis.

Q first appeared in October 2017 on an anonymous online forum called 4Chan, posting messages that implied top-clearance knowledge of upcoming events. More than 3,000 messages later, Q has created a disturbing, multi-faceted portrait of a global crime syndicate that operates with impunity. Q’s followers in the QAnon community faithfully analyze every detail of Q’s drops, which are compiled here and here.

21. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

22. Sepp says:

. . . but deliver us from the Evil One.

23. Dora says:

So True.

24. David Mitchell says:

Time to increase the frag pattern; if Schiff is unwilling to testify, and can shield himself from that thru separation of power, then state his staff who spoke with the whistle blower will be a suitable substitute…make ‘em sweat a bit, and spend huge $ on lawyering up.

25. Dora says:

26. Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Now the Daily Caller is reporting that little Shepard Smith is trying to get hired on at MS13NBC after getting the boot from Fox News. The idiot should fit right in over at the craycray network.

27. czarowniczy says:

The mullahs are now admitting that not only did Iran shoot down the Ukrainian airliner but it was the IRG and not the military who did so. They’re also saying there’s an investigation underway and an undisclosed number of people who may have been involved are being detained. Looks like we’re out of the ‘search for the guilty’ phase and well into the ‘punishment for the innocent’ phase.

They say they’ll send the black box to France for examination and, of course, are trying to deflect as much blame as they can by saying Trump’s toasting of Soleimani’s the cause of it all. Wondering how the MSM will spin this tonite.

28. mandy says:

“Huge explosion rocks chemical plant in Spain, locals urged to stay indoors (VIDEOS) ”

29. gmbliss says:

Reading the Presidential Thread leaves me concerned for the future. Seems like cover-ups are in the making concerning Joe Biden, seems like witch Nancy P is going to manage to smear our President now and forever (I really do hate that woman), seems like no one will be held accountable for their nasty actions: HRC, J Brennen, Adam Shitf, and the host of others.

It is good to come here and take a breath, and recenter my thinking. God has this and has prepared President Trump for this time.
    Thanks for listening

• auscitizenmom says:

I have no doubt Pelosi is trying to smear our President now and forever. She said he will always carry the impeached title, and when she said it she sneered and nearly snorted at the same time. Yep, she is one hateful female dog.

30. Whom the gods would destroy they first make mad……….

31. TheLastDemocrat says:

New Topic.

This was kind of weird. I look at Huffpo to see what these people are thinking lately. There is a story that Trump’s senior adviser Stephen Miller has been caught red-handed making “White Supremist” comments. So, I bothered to read into the article a little.

“Stephen Miller echoes White nationalists in leaked anti-DACA emails.”

I really do not know Miller. I have no idea if he has any history as as White Supremist or what. And, I don;t really know what the White Supremist dog whistles are, although I think I am pretty good at recognizing frank racism.

So, here it is:

“In the emails, obtained by the Southern Poverty Law Center, a nonprofit civil rights advocacy group, Miller attacks fellow Republicans who have supported the program, rooting his criticism in ideas common in white supremacist literature.”

Ideas, plural. What I see in the article is this:
    “Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) gets a mention in a March 2015 thread on DACA, at a time Bush was considered a front-runner in the presidential race. Miller accused the candidate of wanting to use ‘immigration to replace existing demographics.’ ”

That is it. That is the White Nationalism.

Maybe Miller is racist,White Supremist. But I don;t quite see it from that. And, there is nothing more in the article to support the headline accusation.

I do know this: the concept of “Population Replacement” is real, and I know that there is a commonly recognized idea out there that Progs are trying to get a lot of immigrants into the US because they will mostly vote Democratic, not Republican. Myself, not knowing anything else, I would assume this party preference deal is the “existing demographics” noted.

Sadly, the writer, Ryan Grenoble, fails to include these couple of obvious points. The UN is even into this idea…

• Guy-Blanc Déploré says:

I remember this coming up a while ago. The Leftist hacks did a poor job of research, because they failed to note that Stephen Miller is a Jew. He’s a poor candidate to pin a “White [whatever]” tag on.

32. F.D.R. in Hell says:

ICYMI…

33. Sepp says:

To Ponder

Let me ponder on the Circumcision of the Lord Jesus, on:

1. His glory and heavenly Kingdom, where cherubim serve Him in fear and trembling.
    2. His lowliness and humility in being circumcised for the sake of sinners.
    3. I ponder in my heart how often I have circumcised Him by my sinful thoughts, vices and passions.

From “The Prologue from Ohrid” by Saint Nikolai (Serbian-born Bishop who reposed in the USA and was a former prisoner at Dachau) for today – January 1st – on the traditional Calendar of the Orthodox Christian Church.

• Sepp says:

The Feast of the Circumcision of our Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ is commemorated on this day on the traditional Calendar of the Orthodox Christian Church- January 1st.

Also, Saint Basil the Great is commemorated today.

34. NoTwoSystemsOnlyOneChiCom says:

BlackRock, aka Fraggle Rock, has declared it will steam ahead with investments that take into account….climate change. Fine, fine. Does he think that the ‘Rats are going to rise this year?
    And the EU? They want carbon neutrality asap. Uh, then why did Merkel increase the carbon mass with refugees? Robbing countries of Europe to attempt global government. Star Trek The Motion Picture dealt with ‘carbon infestation.

And the Germans? More coal please

35. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

36. auscitizenmom says:

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh and Gen. Flynn:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.