What desserts are you serving this Thanksgiving day?

Thanksgiving will be here before you know it. Stella has a post on desserts up and I’m looking forward to finding some new favorites. Help us out and don’t forget to share them over there for her people too.

Stella's Place

Several years ago I passed on the job of preparing Thanksgiving desserts (meaning pie) to my daughter and her sons. She told me that this year they are making a traditional pumpkin pie, sour cream apple pie, and my younger grandson is making some kind of chocolate pie (chocolate cream?)

When my mother was with us for Thanksgiving, we had to have jello. Her reasoning was that everyone was too full after dinner to have pie, but there was enough room for jello. She prepared it in some really pretty amber-colored sherbet glasses, and topped them with whipped cream. I’m afraid that the jello has gone by the wayside in my house!

View original post 662 more words

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

131 Responses to What desserts are you serving this Thanksgiving day?

1. Dances with Wolverines says:

Sweet Potato Pie

• Dances with Wolverines says:

2 ¼ lb. Sweet potatoes ½ tsp. nutmeg
      ½ cup soft butter ¼ tsp. cloves
      2 cups sugar 1 (13 oz.) can evap. milk
      4 eggs 2 deep dish pie shells
      1 tsp. Cinnamon (uncooked)
      ½ tsp salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake or boil sweet potatoes until soft. I prefer baked. Cool and peel cooked potatoes and place in mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer until smooth. Stir in butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in spices, salt and evaporated milk. Pour into pie crusts, completely filling. Bake on a cookie sheet for 70 minutes. Cool and serve

Note: You can save some time by baking or boiling (I bake them) the sweet potatoes ahead of time. When they are done, just mash them up, place in recipe size quantities into freezer bags and store in freezer until needed.

• Nonniemae says:

We call it sweet potato casserole and count it as a vegetable!😘

• Nonniemae says:

We call it sweet potato casserole and count it as a vegetable!😘

2. FofBW says:

Thanks Menagerie!

Loosen the belt and MMMMMMMMM

3. FofBW says:

BTW, Stella’s is a cool place to hang out to relieve the stress one gets from reading here from time to time.

4. xenosonice says:

We are making a Sopapilla cheesecake this year. My girlfriend and I did a trial run a few weeks ago just to make sure we liked it, and I loved it… and I’m typically not a big fan of cheesecake. Highly recommend it. And if you decide to bake one, bake it the night before and then let it chill in the fridge overnight.

5. Nom de Blog says:

Squash pie is a personal favorite.

6. Aeyrie says:

Pumpkin Cheesecake. Usually a cheesecake “purist” (I like keeping it simple). This is Heaven on a dessert plate!

• thesavvyinvester says:

I may have lost the recipe, but… I am not a pumpkin guy, but I had a stint where I loved to make cheesecakes. So I tired this recipe that had a ton of spices in it. 2dye4, the one baked for my better 1/2 to bring to work? It never made it to lunch, gone by 1/4 to 9 in the morning!

• Rebcalntx says:

Aeyrie, I made a pumpkin cheesecake a couple of years ago & tried a ginger snap crust. Oh my, it elevated the flavor to another level. Using crushed ginger snap cookies instead of the graham.

7. adagio54 says:

Pioneer Woman’s Pecan Pie…Duck Duck Go it.

8. Right to reply says:

Rebel Ice Cream and a few Pecans. I am KETO and have been for 4 years! It saved my life.

9. steviedawn says:

Costco Pumpkin pie.

10. stella says:

Don’t forget to share your recipes with us too!

11. snarkybeach says:

Almond Eggnog Pound Cake (It’s pretty & tasty & there is never any left!)
    6 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
    2/3 cup sliced almonds
    1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
    1-1/2 cups eggnog
    2 large eggs
    1 teaspoon rum extract
    1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Grease a 10-in. fluted tube pan with 2 tablespoons butter. Press almonds onto the bottom and sides of pan; set aside.
    Melt remaining butter. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, eggnog, eggs, rum extract, nutmeg and melted butter on low speed for 30 seconds or just until moistened. Beat on medium for 2 minutes or until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
    Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.

12. Kristin DeBacco says:

I am not really a baker but the almond cake, a recipe from Chez Panisse, is a certified winner for any time, but not so “Thanksgiving-ish). So that will be on the menu together with a phyllo pear and apple tart. Just butter fruit and sugar. Sprinkled with pomegranate seeds to pretty it up.
    Our Stella is arriving today! She is just 1 year and two months. We are blessed!!

13. willthesuevi says:

You all are killing me.

In a good way! Thanks for sharing, and Thank You Stella.

14. Somebody's Gramma says:

Pumpkin Pecan Maple Muffins or Bread (serve with cream cheese or top with a cream cheese frosting)! I took this recipe and modified it a bit by adding a Tablespoon of maple syrup, added 1 teaspoon of Vanilla, apple juice instead of water, substituted Pumpkin Spice with Cardamom and Cinnamon, and of course Pecans! Don’t ask me for proportions cuz I fake it ’til I bake it. LOL. https://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/144769/Libbys-pumpkin-muffins

15. gsonFIT says:

I am thankful for this post. Politics is infuriating and can get in between us and what is truly important. We all need to count our blessings.

BTW, I hope Adam Schiff get his just desrerts

16. cheering4america says:

For the sake of tradition, I serve a pumpkin pie (recipe on the back of the pumpkin can), a pecan pie (recipe on the dark Karo syrup bottle), and my homemade pumpkin cake with cream cheese icing every year at Thanksgiving. I also whip some whipping cream at the last minute with a tiny bit of vanilla and confectioners’ sugar mixed in to serve with the pies.

When we gather in the country with the larger family the following weekend I plan to take an Apple Cake for the dessert contest, which can be rationalized as being sort of “healthful,” but with a homemade Caramel Sauce served on the side for those who can’t enjoy cake without icing. (Haven’t found a recipe for the sauce yet.) This cake is amazing without any icing, but I often shake a little confectioners’ sugar over the top just before serving for a lovelier appearance.

Apple Cake

1 1/4 c. cooking oil
    2 c. sugar
    2 med. eggs
    3 c. sliced apples
    2 1/4 c. flour
    1 c. chopped pecans
    2 tsp. vanilla
    1 tsp. salt
    2 tsp. baking powder
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Beat oil, sugar and eggs; add apples. Sift dry ingredients together; add with pecans to creamed mixture. Add vanilla. Pour into greased and floured tube pan.

Bake at 350* for one hour.

17. Pale rider says:

Gravy!

18. hrmfc says:

I will be making four pumpkin pies,(use the recipe on Libby’s pumpkin puree can) two coconut custard pies,( I use the Bisquick Impossible coconut pie recipe but add more coconut), and then some rice krispie treats. We will be traveling to my sister’s and she is having a houseful.
    Happy Thanksgiving to Conservative Treehouse! Thank you and God bless you always.

• covfefe999 says:

Wow that sounds awesome. You’re a baking machine! Give me the address, I’ll stop by. haha

• Mrs. E says:

That is what we always do; make the pumpkin pie using the recipe on the Libby’s can. It became famous during the 50s. And then we have a classic apple pie, but using lard in the dough. My daughter usually makes them, so I do not have recipes. This year my DIL is making them. She has never made a pumpkin pie, but the Libby’s is easy so she will use it. And I only put cinnamon in my pumpkin pies.

19. covfefe999 says:

Pumpkin cheesecake. There are a variety of recipes out there of course. Mine includes a little bit of flour to make the texture slightly more cake-like and some sour cream to make the taste a little more tangy. I have made my own crusts but now just buy the Keebler crusts, they’re fine, saves a lot of time. You can also freeze individual slices if you’re like me and you cannot be trusted with an entire thawed cheesecake. 🙂 I just made one two days ago, it’s lovely. Special note to Peter Strzok: I bought all of the ingredients at WALMART. 🙂

• teabag14 says:

My mom had a recipe for cheesecake cupcakes using a vanilla wafer placed at the bottom of the cupcake liner for the “crust”. I decided to spice it up & started using ginger snaps for my “crust”. Delicious! I’ve never tried this before, but I bought some canned pumpkin & pumpkin pie spice to add to the main recipe and that will be our Thanksgiving dessert, pumpkin cheesecake cupcakes. The tweaks you are making to your recipe, covfefe999, tell me that my grand experiment may actually work! Thank you! Oh. And all my ingredients also were purchased at WalMart. 😎

• Lt Col Covfefe999 says:

For this 6 oz crust pie I used 2 packages of cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of white flour, and 1/4 cup of sour cream. It makes a nice firm texture that isn’t gooey or drippy, but still moist. I wanted to buy the individual cups but wasn’t sure how many I needed, i will try before Christmas. Good luck with your cupcakes!

20. Rami says:

My husband’s Granny Bee’s baked fried apples. Of course, she fried her own apples, but I use Luck’s canned apples.

3-4 cans Luck’s Fried Apples (NOT apple pie filling)
    1 cup Dark Brown sugar
    2 tsp. Cinnamon
    1 tsp. Nutmeg
    Loaf of Old Fashioned bread
    1 stick of butter
    8-9 inch square baking pan

Preheat oven to 400°

Open cans of fried apples and place in pan or (if you’re industrious) slice and fry 6-8 apples until done.
    Sprinkle apples with cinnamon and nutmeg and mix well
    Take several slices of old fashioned bread and cut the crust off, then cut the bread slices into 4ths. (you will need enough bread pieces to cover the top of the apples in the baking pan)
    In a shallow dish melt butter
    In another shallow dish place brown sugar
    Dip each square of bread into the butter, covering both sides; then dip into the brown sugar, coating both sides and place on top of the fried apples in the baking pan. Continue with the other bread pieces until you have a layer of bread squares covering the apples in the baking pan.
    Bake in oven approx. 30 mins. or until the bread topping is brown and crispy

21. T2020 says:

I make a Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle that I got from Paula Deen’s show on the food network. Changed it to a very low-fat version and people have loved it for over 10 years. Here’s the link for the recipe:

22. Tess from Philly says:

I’ll be making a cherry pie because it’s my husband’s favorite. And I’ll also be making an apple crisp and oatmeal cookies because they’re always popular and I love when the house smells of cinnamon. Cookies and pie will be served with some Wawa vanilla ice cream. Meanwhile all of us low carb folks will be enjoying our Rebel ice cream. I’m not so secretly hoping one of my guests brings a low carb cheesecake!

23. cliffaheadwolvesbehind says:

This post is a breath of fresh air.
    Thank you!
    My husband cooks so I can’t contribute recipe
    But some part of dessert must include chocolate, lots of it for my family!

24. 300 says:

Opossum Pie, Gramm cracker crust Jello chocolate pudding and real whipped cream, serve cold.

25. john edward lorenz says:

Mrs. will bake 2 pear pies to take to the kid’s home.

26. theebl says:

Wild Turkey is always appreciated. Strait up or on the rocks.

27. lolli says:

Ok. This pie is so bad for you, I feel guilty posting the recipe. 😀
    An old southern favorite handed down a few generations.
    I only make it at Thanksgiving.

Buttermilk Pie

3 3/4 C sugar
    1/2 C flour
    1/8 t salt
    1T vanilla
    2 sticks butter, melted
    6 eggs
    1 C buttermilk

Mix flour, salt and sugar. Cream with melted butter. Add eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla.

Pour into 2 unbaked pie crusts.

Bake at 375° until beginning to brown, then reduce oven to 350°.
    Cook until done. (Just do the insert knife method, or until it is firm, not soft on top)

Refrigerate.
    ( Serve cold or cool. Not hot. Way too sweet hot)

28. moe ham head says:

chocolate chip cookies infused with mary jane

29. Jive Pawnbroker says:

I’ll be serving Just Desserts to my liberal relatives on Thanksgiving lol.

Just kidding – we have a family rule that politics are off limits during the holidays. My family is very spread out geographically and it’s only a few times a year that we are all together so why ruin what should be meaningful time together.

30. III% says:

Old fashioned Southern Pecan Pie, old school deep dish chocolate pie (recipe from my grandfather), and Southern Pecan Divinity.

31. For Eyes says:

Mincemeat Pie

32. albertus magnus says:

This Thanksgiving and Christmas will be my first holiday season alone (both my mom and my only sibling died earlier this year). I wont be cooking much (i always left that to the ladies in my family) but I have decided to fix my family’s cranberry-cream cheese salad to remember them by. Not strictly a dessert but it has always been a holiday staple and it is sweet enough!

You never know how isolated it is possible to feel, until you are the last member of your family to alive at Thanksgiving.

• BE says:

Huggs Albertus you have us your Treeper family.
      Maybe volunteer in your community most volunteers are so nice and of the same mind.

• lolli says:

albertus magnus,

Thank you for your post.
      A stark reminder to everyone. Look around you, do you know someone alone this holiday? Never hesitate to invite them. They can choose to accept or not.

albertus, Wishing you peace and comfort. God bless.

• FofBW says:

God bless your Mom and Sibling.

You are not alone!

• just stevie says:

Awwwww Albertus!!! We always reach out to help some less privileged in our neighborhood around the holidays. Sending a prayer up to our Heavenly Father that he will send someone your way…to adopt you! Blessings!

• thehawkeyehoneypot says:

Our local grocery store offers fully cooked turkey dinner for $25. & going out is always an option.

• 17CatsInTN says:

If you are anywhere near mid-TN, you’re welcome at my house as I’m 2,000 miles away from the rest of my family. I lost my mother and one of my siblings 3 months apart, so I understand the loneliness. I’ll be cooking a feast, so stop on by–guests are always welcome!

• Menagerie says:

Albertus, my deepest sympathies on the loss of your loved ones, I’m so sorry for your loneliness during the holidays. I’ll be praying for you.

• InAz says:

@ albertus magnus

So sorry to learn of your losses.
      I can empathize, as can many others.

• Patience says:

Albertus Magnus, By the time I read all of the replies to your family’s cranberry-cream cheese salad tradition –love remembrance plan, I wasn’t exactly sure which emotion caused the well up of tears.

Was it sadness and condolence for your losses? Hope for your new way to experience life? Fondness and sentimentality and respect and appreciation about your desire to continue your family tradition? …..Oh remembrance.

Or, was it the lovely, thoughtful, kind, endearing, sincere, heartfelt, loving, blessing, encouraging, caring……, thoughts expressed in typed words –appearing on a screen that exposed the unknown ‘bloggers’ to be
      > real humans who really care about you?

Question: Do you use chopped celery and walnuts in your cranberry=cream chees salad?

33. InAz says:

In my hometown a lady made pies, and to this day I have never ever had pie as delicious and wonderful as her pie. My mother ordered Thanksgiving and Christmas pies from her. She made pies until she became too ill to continue. She was about 90 years old when she had to quit.

My husband is diabetic so I have learned to make sugar free pies…..a lot of pie making, a lot of experimenting and recipe adjustments. The pies are very good even if I say so myself 😉.

Our favorite pie is apple of course. We love butternut squash pie from scratch for Thanksgiving…..we prefer it over pumpkin pie. I roast the butternut squash, puree it, freeze it for future use. Butternut squash makes excellent rolls and bread loafs…..adds beautiful color, fiber and vitamins to the bread…..can not taste the squash in the bread.

• Patience says:

InAZ, It’s tricky to figure out sugar replacement measurement; for one thing.
      Also I used to trade squash for squash bread with a neighbor. I grew it, she baked it .

34. Brant says:

I’m not a good cook so my role in any dinner, even monthly church dinners, or at the house, is cleanup. Somebody cooks for me, I’m cleaning up. It’s also a way to keep in the social scene and be doing something.

35. FofBW says:

Looking for a Traditional Pecan Pie recipe anyone? One like mom used to make!

• just stevie says:

Pioneer Woman has the best traditional pecan pie on the net!!! IMHO hehe

• JTR says:

I always use the one on the label of Karo syrup! It always comes out nicely, and it’s the same one my Mom used.

• the5thranchhand says:

Just for you FofBW: Perfect Pecan Pie
      I cup light Karo syrup; 3 eggs, slightly beaten; 1/8 tsp. salt; 1 tsp. pure vanilla; 1 cup sugar; 2 tablespoons butter, melted; 1 cup minced, or FINELY chopped pecans. One unbaked, 9 inch, pie shell. Mix all ingredients for filling together, adding pecans last. Pour into unbaked shell. Bake at 400 degrees, for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 30 to 35 minutes. Note: Outer edge of filling should be ‘set’; center soft.
      You may decorate the top of the pie with pecan halves if you are artistic! Most delicious pecan pie ever. The secret is in the FINELY chopped pecans! Yummy, enjoy!

Note: You may use a 10″ pie shell, so there is no chance of the pie ‘bubbling over’ during baking.

36. Robert W says:

Due to such massive obstruction by the obama administration, deep state operatives, and dems I think it would be a great argument for an actual third term for President Trump. I think the American people would be for a third term so Trump could actually have an entire term to work as President without such obstruction and tyranny against him and US the People.

37. Kathy says:

This year, the traditional desserts will be provided by others. I, however, will be making Rice Krispie Treats (tinted and shaped like candy corn) plus a batch of Alton Brown’s chewy GF chocolate chip cookies for the guests with various food sensitivities. Hopefully, the above sweets satisy all the requirements for gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and nut-free (the RK treats are also egg-free).

38. The Demon Slick says:

I cheat, buy the small pre made Graham cracker crusts, tart size, fill them with various pudding (jell o brand pudding) then I make them look all fancy with drizzles of Hershey’s syrup and whipped cream. Chill and serve. Make sure you do some butterscotch pudding don’t just vanilla and chocolate. Pistachios good too. I like to make an assortment, looks great on a platter.

39. JackWayne says:

Coconut pie.

40. Sentient says:

My favorite dessert on Thanksgiving is turkey.

41. guru1966 says:

“…too full after dinner to have pie…”
    I’m sorry. I’m gonna need some kind of translation or something. Those words make absolutely no sense, and have no business being in the same sentence. 🙂

• Kathy says:

When dinner is at our house, the tradition is to eat dinner then watch the Chevy Chase Christmas movie. By the time it’s over, everyone is ready to actually enjoy the desserts.

42. thehawkeyehoneypot says:

Homemade pumpkin pie, whipped cream , repeat.

• Pa Hermit says:

Sorry for stepping on your post! Amazing how like minds here at the CTH think alike, no? I just had to add my post and didn’t read all the other posts!

43. Pa Hermit says:

Easy on the turkey, potatoes, veggies, and cranberries, but heavy on the punkin pie with cinnamon ice cream with whipped cream! Black Friday: Repeat! First day of deer: Repeat! Cyber Monday: Repeat! By that time everything’s gone! Anyway, that’s my idea of celebrating, and my Black Lab seconds it!

44. Deplorable Nazarene Zealot says:

I have somewhere the best pecan pie recipe. It is a Sour Cream Pecan Pie. Not so sweet, but rich and very smooth. Will try to find it and post the details.

45. hocuspocus13 says:

Cannoli

From Formica’s Italian Bakery

We always give thanks to our original heritage as well as being very grateful for our Great GrandParents who daringly took the risk coming to America in the late 1890s
    🍝
    Palermo Sicily and Naples Italy to Ellis Island to NYC to NJ

🇺🇸 🇮🇹

46. v4ni11ista says:

I will be making a macadamia nut pie (from my own tree!), like a pecan pie. I also replace about 1/4 Cup of the corn syrup with a good, sweet sorghum syrup (Olberholtzer’s- on Amazon is the best I’ve ever had. Unfortunately, that’s the only way to get it). The sorghum adds a rich, earthy dimension of flavor.
    Classic ice water pie crust is best, IMHO and WAY better than any store bought I’ve had.
    2C AP flour
    1t salt
    1/2 C vegetable oil (top shelf, please) in a 3 or 4 cup wet measure
    5 Tblspoon ice water
    Mix flour & salt in a big bowl and make a hole in the middle.
    Put 5 HEAPING, OVERFLOWING tablespoons of the ice water into the OIL (I do this over the sink). Whisk briskly about 50 times around with a fork (fork ONLY)
    Use a spatula to get every bit of the oil/water mix into the flour and mix with the fork until it comes away from the bowl and forms a ball. If the mix is still a little dry, put your fingers in the water and fling drops in until it wets all the flour (most likely if you live in a dry area). Makes 2, 8-9 inch rounds.
    I’ve never found the need to pre-bake my crusts, but you certainly can.

Roll out the leftover scraps of pie dough (if you have any), top with a cinnamon/sugar and bake until crisp and light brown. (Some people like these leftover pie crust cookies better than the pies)
    I just roll out a small sheet and break it up, but you can use a cookie cutter, too.

Also, if you are going to be making a cherry or berry pie, add a tablespoon of cherry or raspberry jello (the dry powder) into the mix for a touch of flavor people LOVE. No more, though. Too much makes a cough syrupy flavor.

47. Somebody says:

I always make pumpkin chocolate chip cake with cream cheese frosting, a butterscotch pie for my husband and a pecan pie for my son and brother. I was diagnosed and pre–diabetic last fall 🙁 so I now make all of those but don’t get to enjoy them 😖

Last year I added a new dessert, a plum tart. I made a crust with crushed almond and almond flour, a little artificial sweetener, butter and a splash of amaretto. I roasted the plums (Italian style) with spices and sweetener. I made a filling with mascarpone and cream cheese, added amaretto, vanilla and a little sweetener. Put filling on baked, cooled crust and topped with plums.

I wasn’t sure how it was going to turn out, but oh my the plums roasting were so aromatic. It turned out quite well, not real sweet, but quite delicious. So much so I only got one slice because everybody who could have eaten the pies and cakes ate my tart 🙄 I plan to make it again this year, but maybe hide it 😉

48. tonyE says:

WIfe and I will celebrate this Thanksgiving by ourselves this year…. likely will have family over the weekend.

So, my dessert on Thanksgiving will be a cigar and a glass of red wine.

Otherwise, I like the old German cheesecake, the one that has been cooked longer and has a taste of lemon.

49. dont like plain Pumpkin pie….but my wife made this for me and I love it….
    PUMPKIN PRALINE PIE

Pie Crust: 2 cups flour
    1 tsp salt
    2/3 cup shortening
    5 to 7 TBLS cold water
    CUT PUMPKIN FROM LEFT OVER CRUST!

Praline Layer: 1/2 cup pecans (chop first in blender)
    1/2 cup dark brown sugar
    3 TBLS softened butter

Blend with food processor until it is paste like. Press firmly into
    bottom of pie crust.

Libby’s Famous Pie:

3/4 cup sugar 1 can Libby’s 100% pure pumpkin
    1/2 tsp salt. 12 oz can evaporated milk
    1 tsp ground cinnamon 2 large eggs
    1/2 tsp ground ginger
    1/4 tsp ground cloves

MIX Sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger & cloves in a small bowl. Beat eggs in a large
    bowl. Stir in pumpkin & sugar spice mixture. Gradually stir in milk.

POUR into pie shell, sprinkle with cloves & place pumpkin on top.

BAKE in preheated 425 degree oven for 15 min. Reduce heat to 350 & bake
    40-50 min or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

• Slacker mom says:

Oooh yeah David, that’s the pie we grew up eating, with those fabulous pecan and brown sugar morsels at the bottom. A treat to anticipate every year! First one up Friday morning typically had a leftover piece too. But then I grew up, or perhaps should say simply aged sufficiently, and my husband and I had a nut-allergic child, so we had to rethink the pecans.

So may I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the overly indulgent, double-caramel-crust pumpkin pie? Get a 9 inch pie dish (Emile Henry is my guy here), slap down one pie crust, cover that pie crust with a quarter-inch layer of slightly warm caramel, and then chill for a bit. Once cold, put another crust on top, and then fill with the Libby’s Famous pie or other fave recipe, and bake til filling is cooked to your liking. Crust can be homemade or purchased, and the same is true for the caramel. Our youngest makes caramel from sweet & condensed milk, but a bag of Kraft caramels melted in a microwave with a few tablespoons of milk works beautifully too. Right now, my double crust is in our freezer, waiting for next week. And oh yes, I almost forgot to add that we make crusts with lard too. The texture is amazing.

God Bless all of you, and *thank you* for the ideas and memories. Albertus Magnus, you are in my prayers, and happy belated Feast Day to you.