President Trump Celebrates 2019 World Series Champions: Washington Nationals…

Earlier today President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump welcomed the 2019 World Series Champions, The Washington Nationals, to the White House.

Participants in the event included:

♦Washington Nationals Executive Leadership: Mark Lerner, Vice Chairman and Managing Principal Owner of the Washington Nationals; Michael Rizzo, President of Baseball Operations and General Manager; David Martinez, Manager

♦Washington Nationals Coaches: Henry Blanco, Octavio Martinez, Ali Modami, Joseph Dillon, Robert Henley, Paul Menhart, Walter Hale and Kevin Long

♦Washington Nationals Players: Jeremy Hellickson, Anibal Sanchez Ojeda, Tanner Rainey, Aaron Barrett, Trea Turner, Max Scherzer, Andrew Stevenson, Howard Kendrick III, Asdrubal Cabrera, Austin Vouth, Stephen Strasburg, Yan Gomes, Patrick Corbin, James Dozier, Gerardo Parra Leon, Ryan Zimmerman, Erick Fedde, Adam Eaton, Kurt Suzuki, Juan Soto, Fernando Rodney, Matt Adams, Hunter Strickland, and Daniel Hudson.

President Donald Trump stands with Washington Nationals catcher Kurt Suzuki, during an event to honor the 2019 World Series champion Washington Nationals on the balcony of the White House, Monday, Nov. 4, 2019, in Washington, as First Lady Melania Trump, left, and Washington Nationals coach Dave Martinez, second from right and general manager Mike Rizzo, far right, look on. Suzuki is wearing a Make America Great Again hat. (AP Photo/Patrick Semansky)

This entry was posted in Big Government, Celebrations, Donald Trump, media bias, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

66 Responses to President Trump Celebrates 2019 World Series Champions: Washington Nationals…

1. Patience says:

Winning !!!!!!

2. jello333 says:

YAY!! I was so worried there’d be some massive “We won’t go” protest, but looks like nearly everyone showed up. And Suzuki (though not Ichiro 🙂 ) in the hat?!… now THAT takes nerve in this day and age. And I’m also happy to see Soto there, I’m starting to like the guy even though at first I thought he was arrogant… now I just think he’s a kid having fun. And Gerardo “Baby Shark” Parra?… yay! 🙂

• Bruce says:

Rendon is noticeably absent. A few others also.
      Must have been to 100 Astro games when I lived in Houston. Was pulling for them. This Oriole fan cannot be a Nats fan, especially since they booed the Pres. And somebody needs to ask Rendon if he’s a racist. He must be since he’s protesting the Pres responsible for the lowest ever unemployment for blacks (and Hispanics).

• jello333 says:

Ooh… hope you weren’t an Astros fan back in ’05. (I bet Brad Lidge still has nightmares about Albert… 🙂 )

Actually, though, there’ve always been at least one or two Astros players I’ve like. Well, particularly Berkman, who I was SO happy the Cards ended up with at the end there.

• yy4u says:

I doubt Rendon or any of the others are Racists. More likely they are just ignorant as are so many “useful idiots” the media use to promote Democrat power. I feel sorry for him. Being that dumb can’t be fun.

• TMonroe says:

Renton didn’t go to the event at the Caps game last night and I didn’t hear about any political statement at all from him like one guy reputedly did.

• Fish and hunt says:

Rendon is a very vocal Christian. I doubt he’d let any political views interfere. I’ve never heard him espouse any political views for that matter.

• The Demon Slick says:

I wanted them to lose after I realized they were the deep states favorite team but they were awesome today. I cracked up when President Trump did the athlete hug (a little cautious) and it looked like he was going to give Suzuki the double titty twister. It seemed like a really nice event.

• Queenouniverse says:

Rendon is a free agent. I suppose he is in negotiations with other teams at this time. Guess he didn’t feel comfortable being with his “team” while planning to leave. Hate to see him go, but where’s Bryce? Go NATS!

• walker4411 says:

It was not the Nats who booed the President. It was the fans. Don’t hold that against the Nats. Look how the showed up, and honored him.

• KAG says:

The Nats didn’t boo him, you are correct it was the fans. It was the Nat’s owner who did not want to visit the president during the game in his suite for fear of the political fallout. However, Astros owner Jim Crane DID stop by and paid respects during the game on national television. That was what you would have expected from the home team CEO. I am not a Nats or Astros fan. I am however now a fan of Suzuki and Zimmerman for sure!

• YY4U says:

I was rooting for the Astros (used to live in Houston) but watching the game it seemed to me that the Nationals had better coaching, pitching and fielding. Soto was fantastic and that fielder who kept robbing the Astros of base hits by catching uncatachable balls? Robles? Nationals deserved it. They Nats then showed class and put aside whatever political differences they might have and did what a classy team would do. They have earned a fan.

• hawkins6 says:

jello333:
      “I’m also happy to see Soto there.”

I also misread Soto and learned to like his unique jovial behavior at the plate and other harmless antics. He has a bright future in MLB. He might not have enjoyed the comment from the Fox News guy during the post game celebrations who mentioned to him on air that he was the only member of the team still living at home with his parents. He turned 21 on the day of their WS Victory so living with his parents is likely a wise, sensible and family thing to do IMO. But he might feel pressure now to move out.

But he will likely never regret his “extra” time with his parents when the inevitable occurs–as it does for all of us.

3. jello333 says:

And now I feel a lot better about the outcome of the Series. I mean I don’t like the Astros, so I couldn’t root for them. So I went with the Nats by default, and kinda started getting into it… UNTIL some of their idiot fans booed Trump. And then I was no longer sure if I should root for them. But today… this helps.

• jello333 says:

By the way, nothing to do with today but… 7 games, 7 visitor wins? WHAT?!

• seekingthetruth2 says:

That set a record….in other sports where there are 7 game finals – NBA, NHL etc., this had never happened.

• jello333 says:

I know. After only just the first 4 games I was going, wow. But then 5, then 6, then… yeah, it’s really unbelievable.

• jello333 says:

Why not football? You know, there’s one thing that might convince me to get back into watching the NFL: Start a playoff setup like MLB, NBA, NHL… best of 7 series. Yeah… in football! Over the same number of days as the others… like play up to 7 games over a 10-day span. I mean, I used to love watching football back in the day when the fields weren’t the greatest, especially during horrible cold, rainy/snowy weather. And so my idea might just make things interesting again. 😀 😀

• TMonroe says:

As Paul noted out at the time (I was there), the media and social media narratives about everyone booing were inaccurate. Some plants who knew ahead of time the president planned to be at Game 5 had pre-made signs and planned to make noise, but so many were clapping during the 10-15 second announcement and big screen moment showing that he was there. Fans also applauded the military and police at the parade this weekend, which runs counter to some the narratives withstood were creeping up including in the comments sections here.

4. It was a very stressful but entertaining World Series! Go Nats Go!!

5. Johnny Dollar says:

Hunter Strickland???!!! He got a ring? Hallelujah!!

He beaned former Gnat Bryce Harper, becomes a hated player, then turns around to play for that same team and gets a ring. You can’t make this stuff up.

6. NJF says:

So adorkable!

7. NJF says:

Oops meant to post this one.

Madisson Haynes (@MadissonHaynes) Tweeted:
    Here’s how it happened… https://t.co/1Dptx9I4xR

8. sundance says:

Ninth District Court quickly moves to invalidate 2019 world series. Federal Judge in Hawaii rules visit to white house evidence of non compliance with MLB statutory resistance standards.

….Probably.

• Eric C. says:

😂

• Patience says:

LOL !
      President sexually assaulted man wearing a red hat on White House balcony..

• Lani says:

Classic Sundance, that comment made my day because if it were possible, dumb judges would do exactly that. As you know, being a republican in blue HI is a felony, so I consider Kurt a real hero. Still waiting for HI representatives in DC to congratulate and honor homeboy Kurt who represents Hawaii with class. Or from the other homeboy, former pres, you know, the one from HI… until he wasn’t. Formally Lazie Mazie, now Lazie Crazie Mazie is lost for words, hallelujah, and “I’m a soldier” Tulsi is strategically planning her weekly victim-hood trick for free air time to promote herself and skipping votes. Kurts double fisted shaka is now known as shakamaga, so there are Republicans in HI and they are getting louder. Thanks again for the laugh!

9. citizen817 says:

10. IGiveUp says:

“Not all of the Nationals were present. Closer Sean Doolittle was the first player to publicly decline the invitation over the weekend. Other players who did not make an appearance Monday: third baseman Anthony Rendon; outfielders Michael A. Taylor, Victor Robles and Wilmer Difo; and pitchers Joe Ross, Javy Guerra and Wander Suero. “

• IGiveUp says:

I do. I was a big Nationals fan. My favorite player has been Rendon–one of those who didn’t show up! I rooted for them for years. Watched nearly every game this season. When Trump showed up and received boos I switched my allegiance on a dime to Houston–even immature Bregman didn’t stand in my way. I so HATE and DETEST sports being infected with politics. It was one of the few places left in this life to escape it. I care.

• De Oppresso Liber says:

I guess I’m showing my age, but there used to be a time when sports heros were celebrated because they loved America……they loved the opportunity of America, and the ability to do what they chose, and excel, because FREEDOM and the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS while granted by God, were protected and guaranteed by the Constitution.

Mean Joe Green, Lyle Alzado, Kenny Stabler, Ozzie Newsome, Magic Johnson, Jack Lambert, Jack Ham, Jack Nicklaus, Michael Jordan, Arnold Palmer and so many others across all sports were (and still are!) all walking, living examples of what one could accomplish in America — and nowhere else on earth.

Today’s sports heros, while every bit as accomplished on the field of competition, are now also disgustingly woke, and transparently owned by obviously anti-America special interests; LeBron James is the poster boy for being coerced into using his star power to harm America, rather than trying to help. Sometimes “progress” isn’t just woke, it also sucks.

• TMonroe says:

Don’t go by manipulated audio, he was not booed by everyone like the narrative went.

11. sundance says:

12. sundance says:

13. citizen817 says:

14. lotbusyexec says:

The joy I feel when I see a MAGA hat proudly being worn is immense – what a moment and what a guy! Thank you Mr. Suzuki we all are blessed!

15. Troublemaker10 says:

I watched most of this earlier today. There is more.

Trump made a joke about impeachment that had everyone laughing.

Another player said something thanking Trump for making us safe and strong. Several thanked Trump for the White House invite and were in awe at honor of being at White House. The players were very gracious.

I don’t remember what Trump said, but the crowd started chanting “four more years”. He laughed and said he took that to mean four more years of the Nats winning the world series. Everyone laughed.

It was a very warm and fun event. Put me in a good mood.

16. teeheeman says:

A message to most Nats fans (especially the ones booing PDJT)……”Oh how love the smell of cognitive dissonance in the morning”……..

17. Kerry Gimbel says:

Great guys those players are. The ones who showed up. It must be difficult representing the SWAMP!

18. Tom22ndState says:

On a related note, in the latest move to nullify the world series crowd that dishonored the presidency, POTUS wil be in Tuscaloosa Alabama Saturday for the AL vs LSU football game. I’m sure my fellow Alabamians will have an enthusiastic response for our President. Roll Tide y’all*

* I was raised an Auburn fan, took me years to be able to pull for the best team money can buy. Haha

19. jello333 says:

You know, this could end up being a pretty important moment. Usually 99% of pro athletes stick together… you very rarely hear anyone step outside the lines when it comes to politics or “social justice” matters. Kinda like Hollywood does. And even when a team makes a White House appearance, they’re expected to look all serious and gloomy, like “I’m only doing this out of respect for the office, and couldn’t miss this once in a lifetime opportunity.” But never would they be caught dead smiling with Trump, or worse yet saying nice things to him… LET ALONE wearing one of those rayyycciiisssss hats!

So that’s why today was so different, and potentially important. I don’t see any way it won’t cause a rift among these guys’ teammates and them… or actually even conflicts among other players all over the league, maybe in other sports even. When enough Trump-haters go out of their way to condemn these Nats players/coaches/staff, we might see something really interesting. Could this cause the walls to start crumbling, and give more players the courage to come out and speak the truth? Fingers crossed…

20. jello333 says:

And this might be even better than what Suzuki did:

“Ryan Zimmerman, the organization’s first draft pick in 2005, presented Trump with his own customary No. 45 jersey and added some kind words. ‘This is an incredible honor I’d like to think none of us will ever forget,’ Zimmerman said. ‘We’d also like to thank you for keeping everyone here safe in our country and continuing to make America the greatest country to live in the world.’ ”

!!!!!!

21. Mari in SC says:

Given the celebration at the Capitals game last night with most of the Nationals in attendance, I am surprised any of them had sobered up enough to attend. The shirtless zamboni riders, tossing beers to fans, the baby shark song, etc. It was great but I wonder if there is any alcohol left in DC. Poor Calgary picked the wrong night to be scheduled against the Caps.

22. iwasthere says:

So warm and loving. And talking about the team being celebrated. I attempt to wash away, the Obama – his presentation would have include 50 “I” and 50 “Me”s. So glad he’s gone.

23. Scott says:

Broke my heart when my Astros couldn’t pull off a win in game 6 or 7, but seeing some of the class acts at this White House celebration, I couldn’t be happier for the Nationals and their fans. In fact, I was still pretty bummed about the letdown, but seeing this ceremony erased all that. Congrats Nats.

24. dufrst says:

The Leftists and media would have you belief that no one supports Trump. Yet basic common sense should tell you that even in a blue state like CA, where Trump got 40% of the popular vote, that you will come across Trump supporters in any environment or group you belong to. It’s just a reality and the Nationals are a microcosm of this and guess what? It’s ok. It doesn’t preclude success. We can all work together despite our different political views and still achieve great things as a people.

Frankly, politics is highly overrated. The country in many ways has achieved its greatness in spite of its politics, especially on the domestic side. It’s only the naïveté and bully mindset of the Left that would have people believe that Trump supporters are in some other universe!

25. mtk says:

This must be ‘Fake News’ because the purveyors of the real truthful News said, “The Nationals were going to be no shows at the White House.”

26. CNN_sucks says:

Thank you, Mr. Suzuki. That is a very nice gesture.

27. Magabear says:

I always liked Ryan Zimmerman, and now I know why! 👍😊

28. Troublemaker10 says:

29. Troublemaker10 says:

The left is going after Kurt Suzuki for wearing maga hat.

30. TwoLaine says:

That was so sweet & so much fun. I loved it!