Saturday October 26th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

108 Responses to Saturday October 26th – Open Thread

1. Deplorable_Infidel says:

It’s a Matter of the Heart

In recent months, my wife’s father has had a series of issues with his heart that required different pacemakers to be implanted. After two previous by-pass operations, there have been justifiable reasons to be concerned about him. So, when we see or call him, we frequently ask, “How is your heart today?”

The condition of one’s heart is just as important in the spiritual realm as it is in the physical realm. It is for this reason the Scriptures say so much about the heart and why Solomon wrote, “Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life” (P r o v. 4:23). The spiritual condition of one’s heart will determine how one responds to the Lord and, ultimately, it will have a huge impact on each of us in eternity.

Since God is “not willing that any should perish” (II Pet. 3:9) and “lighteth [or draws to Himself] every man that cometh into the world” (John 1:9), everyone has the option to be saved from eternal punishment. The Lord seeks with every individual to do what He did with Lydia, “whose heart the Lord opened” (Acts 16:14): drawing him or her to a personal decision of saving faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. However, because many resist and refuse this internal wooing of the Lord, they remain as some to whom Paul wrote in the Roman epistle: “But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and… righteous judgment of God” (Rom. 2:5).

Thankfully, many choose to open their hearts to the salvation God offers. Countless numbers of people have “call[ed] on the Lord out of a pure heart” (II Tim. 2:22). Hosts of believers today seek to leave behind the regular practice of sin because they “have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you” (Rom. 6:17). On a daily basis, most believers pursue a walk that will please the Lord because “in singleness of heart, fearing God…[they choose to] serve the Lord Christ” (Col. 3:22-24). Many believers are “doing the will of God from the heart” (Eph. 6:6). Those who choose such a path do so because they are choosing to “keep their heart with all diligence.” They do so by regularly taking in the Word of God and applying proper truth to the way they live each day.

It is, of course, possible for a believer to choose a path of sinful living. Every believer can choose to allow his heart to grow cold to the things of the Lord. For those who do, the Apostle Paul warned that, while still saved, they could reach a spiritual condition of “having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God… because of the blindness of their heart” (Eph. 4:18). Such a condition is the spiritual equivalent of a blockage to the heart. Knowing that as believers “we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ… [and] every one of us shall give an account of himself to God” (Rom. 14:10,12), it behooves every believer to maintain a soft, responsive heart to the Lord.

Dear believer, how is your heart today, in a spiritual sense? If you have made past decisions of sinfulness that have hardened your heart, you can choose to open the door of your heart and begin to live for the Lord again. You can begin today. You can begin to read the Scriptures again, talk to the Lord in prayer, and seek a church where the truths of God’s Word are faithfully taught. If your heart has been faithfully following the Lord, “Praise His Name.” May we all seek to apply the wise counsel from Solomon to “keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.”

By Pastor John Fredericksen

P r o v e r b s 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

John 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

Acts 16:14 And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard us: whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended unto the things which were spoken of Paul.

Romans 2:5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

2 Timothy 2:22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

Romans 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

Colossians 3:22 Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God:
    23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
    24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

Ephesians 6:6 Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart;

Ephesians 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

Romans 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
    12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

2. Deplorable_Infidel says:

HAPPY CATURDAY!!!

3. citizen817 says:

Caturday…

4. citizen817 says:

5. Garrison Hall says:

6. Lucille says:

HAPPY CATURDAY!

7. Lucille says:

U.S Armed Forces “The world leader”| United States Military Power 2019
    MILITARY CHANNEL

8. Garrison Hall says:

Happy Caterday! 🙂

9. Linda K. says:

Cats and Horses make friends.

10. nimrodman says:

out for a ride with kitty … ummm … ON kitty

11. Despicable Me says:

Sometimes By Step – Rich Mullins

Sometimes the night was beautiful
    Sometimes the sky was so far away
    Sometimes it seemed to stoop so close
    You could touch it but your heart would break
    Sometimes the morning came to soon
    Sometimes the day could be so hot
    There was so much work left to do
    But so much You’d already done,

O G-d! You are my G-d and I will ever praise You!
    O G-d! You are my G-d and I will ever praise You!
    I will seek You in the morning and I will learn to walk in Your ways.
    And step by step You’ll lead me and I will follow You all of my days.

Sometimes I think of Abraham
    And how one star He saw lit for me
    He was a stranger in this land
    And I am that no less than he
    And in this road to righteousness
    Sometimes the climb can be so steep
    I may falter in my steps
    But never beyond Your reach

O G-d! You are my G-d and I will ever praise You!
    O G-d! You are my G-d and I will ever praise You!
    I will seek You in the morning
    And learn to walk in Your ways
    And step by step You’ll lead me
    And I will follow You all of my days.

And I will follow You all of my days
    And I will follow You all of my days
    And step by step you will lead me
    And I will follow You all of my days
    And I will follow You all of my days

Happy belated birthday to Rich who celebrated his 64th birthday (and for the 23rd time in heaven) this past Monday (October 21).

I thank G-d in heaven for His continued blessing and this week especially for that of Rich’s musical gifts

12. F.D.R. in Hell says:

Put Her In The Game

H/T: iOTWReport.com

13. Texian says:

Houston.. Forever..

Self-discipline.. Self-sacrifice.. Blood sweat and tears.. And you had to implement them on yourself all on your own.. they didn’t care.. if you couldn’t handle yourself.. you sure as hell wouldn’t be able to handle what was in store ahead of you..

This wasn’t a job.. it was a way of life.. a harsh one.. and it’s not normal.. No normal people made it.. they all quit within the first year or two..

selflessness.. deny yourself.. your body is just a machine.. a ship.. The mind.. the captain..

You had to learn to rule over the wants and desires of the ship.. mentally, physically and emotionally..

Too scared.. too bad.. too butt hurt.. too bad.. too tired.. too bad.. too lonely.. too bad..

too..fck’n..bad..

And who were left.. a ragtag bunch of misfits who would rather die than quit.. oilfield divers were the definition of abnormal.. rude crude and socially unacceptable.. privateers..

But who actually were some of the most self-disciplined, determined men from the normal world.. the ones they cared for..

Because you learned you had more important things to do..

It’s part of the reason why there were so few of us younger guys left standing.. In the greatest diving company in the world..

—————–

Rare Moments..

Right place.. Wrong time..

Simply being in the arms of a loving, caring woman became the most valuable commodity in the world..

Could I see forever.. No.. I couldn’t..

But some things are forever..

There’s love.. and then there’s.. Love..

They are two totally different things..

This life I was living was so intense.. Living moment to moment..

Whether at work or at play.. Life was filled with intense moments..

It’s all I had.. Moments..

..It’s all I had..

——————–

Nightlife.. I see her.. she’s different from the others.. there’s something special about her..

I could tell this is not quite her scene.. a damsel in distress.. she didn’t know that yet.. so I had to rescue her..

After small talk.. hey – let’s go to the beach.. We left the nightclub and went down the freeway to Galveston..

We walked along the ocean in the moonlight.. Flirting.. Playing around.. Holding hands.. Holding each other..

The world was so far away.. We were ourselves.. Just the beach, the ocean, the stars, and us..

She held on to me with both arms as we walked.. I hadn’t felt this way in a long long time..

A part of the old me.. remnants of the person I once was.. yearned for her.. she had somehow opened the cellar door to my heart..

We went back into town and I dropped her off at her car..

She turned and looked back at me.. And smiled..

She was so pretty.. and so sweet.. such a good girl.. the marrying kind..

But at the time I couldn’t give her the life she deserved though.. So I didn’t even ask for her phone number.. I watched her as she drove away..

It’s a big bad world out there.. She needed watching over.. Too bad for me it wasn’t going to be me..

The next morning I woke up alone.. the phone was ringing.. mission control..

oh yeah.. I’m a fck’n diver.. somebody had to do it.. might as well be me..

I shook the dreams from my hair..

And closed the cellar door..

I had more important things to do..

I’m on the team..

I’m one of them..

———————–

At times I would look for her..

But I never saw her again..

I still Love her..

The kiss I never had..

Memoirs of an Oilfield Diver
    The Epic Archive
    1984-1992

14. Dora says:

15. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

16. Dora says:

Whenever I hear this, I have to wonder who was this “Girl With the Flaxen Hair” who inspired such feelings in Mr.Debussy.

17. Troublemaker10 says:

“The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it.” – H.L. Mencken

————–

COGNITIVE BIAS : Climate Change Alarmists Refuse To Accept ‘The Science’ That Proves Extreme Weather Events Are NOT Increasing

• czarowniczy says:

Notice how the weather as presented on TV, either on local or national feeds, is not weather information but a mini reality program? Every rain or snow storm has a name to personalize it, the forecasts are presented with an edge and orchestrated to make you feel as if you are actively involved in a major event…weather done as a Universal theme park ride.

• Pale rider says:

Water is the next great taxation scam.

• czarowniczy says:

Don’t start me on that. The Feds have moved for the government to take over total control of every water source larger than a mud puddle, the plotters claim that water is a public commodity, it belongs to The People (which means the bureaucrats) sand as such the Feds MUST exert total control and ownership.

Those of us who have farm or ranch water sources, above ground as ponds or lakes, or draw water from wells must relinquish ownership to The People (see above) for the common protection, use and good.

One of the reasons I unassed the West was that the &^%$#@ BLM and its cronies were screwing farmers and ranchers out of their water rights, rights they’d held for decades if not over a century. Now they’re moving to the South.

• Kintbury says:

Read today that a government official in Australia found the Meteorological Department had been fudging the numbers. Time to just ignore them as it is all based on them getting grant money etc.

• czarowniczy says:

The practice of giving the grantor what it wants is as old as ‘academia’ selling itself like a crack whore. I’ve known two people who were professional grant writers and they didn’t pay the rent by writing grants for recipients who didn’t…produce.

Sophisticated dictators know that it’s always better to have their subjects voluntarily surrender their own freedoms and willingly don their shackles, but they need a reason, a cause. Looks like global winter didn’t make it,global warming sorta didn’t make it too far outta the gate but Global Climate Change seems to be the latest stalking horse and if the backers can buy the ‘proof’ they need to convince a generally disconnected public…why not?

18. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.”
    Luke 12:27 (KJV)

19. just stevie says:

WHAT IS A MISSIONARY?

“As My Father hath sent Me, even so send I you.” John xx 21

A missionary is one sent by Jesus Christ as He was sent by God. The great dominant note is not the needs of men, but the command of Jesus. The source of our inspiration in work for God is behind, not before. The tendency today is to put the inspiration ahead, to sweep everything in front of us and bring it all out to our conception of success. In the New Testament the inspiration is put behind us, the Lord Jesus. The ideal is to be true to Him, to carry out His enterprises.

Personal attachment to the Lord Jesus and His point of view is the one thing that must not be overlooked. In missionary enterprise the great danger is that God’s call is effaced by the needs of the people until human sympathy absolutely overwhelms the meaning of being sent by Jesus. The needs are so enormous, the conditions so perplexing, that very power of mind falters and fails. We forget that the one great reason underneath all missionary enterprise is not first the elevation of the people, nor the education of the people, nor their needs; but first and foremost the command of Jesus Christ – “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations.”

When looking back on the lives of men and women of God the tendency is to say – What wonderfully astute wisdom they had! How perfectly they understood all God wanted! The astute mind behind is the Mind of God, not human wisdom at all. We give credit to human wisdom when we should give credit to the Divine guidance of God through childlike people who were foolish enough to trust God’s wisdom and the supernatural equipment of God.

Oswald Chambers
    October 26th Devotional

20. Jacaranda11816 says:

If Johnny Cash didn’t say it, it probably didn’t need to be said…

21. Dora says:

22. Janie M. says:

Joe hits another one out of the ballpark. Hope one of these days I can see him live.

23. Charlene Sanders says:

Father God help us in this critical time in our nation and the world. We are under daily attack from the evil one and his minions, spiritual and fleshly. Help us according to Your Word. Give us discernment and Your Wisdom and give us your tools we need to stand our ground in this evil day. Surround our President with men of godly and sound wisdom and advice. Help him and grant your servant, our President supernatural protection from those who seek his life. Fill him with Your Holy Spirit so he will come to know You in a greater way and he will know what is Your will for our nation as we go forward in this endeavor. Fight this battle for us oh Lord!

24. Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

So the last 3 RINO senators who refuse to sign on to the Senate condemnation of the House witch-hunt and refuse to defend the Constitution are Mitt Romney, Lisa Murkowski, and Susan Collins.
    Anyone surprised? Didn’t think so.

25. Dora says:

Gag Alert!

===

Planned Parenthood Abortionist Admits: We Sold “Barrels and Buckets” of Aborted Baby Parts

26. Dabigragu says:

Question, I’m having a problem where when I ‘like’ a post that Sundance puts up a blank window appears then quickly disappears. My ‘like’ does not show up for the post. I can ‘like’ comments and reply however I don’t know if I’ll receive anyone’s answer to this as my profile shows in the upper right hand corner but no feedback is coming through. This happens whether I’m logged into WordPress or Intense Debate. Seems to have happened when WordPress did an update? Does anyone have a suggestion? TIA

• andeclain says:

This happens to me as well. I’ve found that if I keep pressing the ‘like’, the blank window pops up each time until eventually the page reloads and everything gets back to normal.

• Ad rem says:

Same thing happens to me ….and I’m an Admin…go figure. The finalized version of WP – 5.3 is due out on Nov. 12th….they’re still doing testing for bugs at present. Here’s hoping the irritating stuff goes away.

• Dabigragu says:

Thanks. Good to know I’m not the only one, but now happy you’re having issues also.
        I went to the WordPress site and your comment came up without a hitch. Their system isn’t working on CTH.

• Dabigragu says:

Ad rem, I went to the WordPress site and started a forum topic depicting the problem.
        Two guys were really good about answering and fixing the issue. Here’s their replies:
        1. Hi there,

This sounds like it may be a cache issue. Have you tried logging in using a different browser or clearing your browser’s cache?

2. Ok, please make sure that your browser is up to date: https://browsehappy.com/

If it is not, please try updating your browser or switching to a different browser.

If it is, please try with all browser extensions or add-ons temporarily disabled.

Please let us know how each step goes for you, and which browser (and version of) you’re using if you’re still having trouble.

I had cleared my cache like the first guy suggested and it did not work. I then took the second one’s advice, went to his link and downloaded a Firefox updated version (even though my browser was stating it was recent. I then cleared the cache on the new one and all is now well. I can ‘like’ Sundance’s articles as well as see replies to me when I click the bell in the upper right hand corner. Good luck to you !

27. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

28. auscitizenmom says:

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh and Gen. Flynn:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.