Sunday October 6th – Open Thread

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL. For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

86 Responses to Sunday October 6th – Open Thread

1. Deplorable_Infidel says:

A Word Of Encouragement

Grace be to you and peace
    Though days be dark about us.
    God’s working out His plan
    All enemies regardless.

We know that Bethlehem’s Babe
    Once crucified, is risen
    And seated now above,
    At God’s right hand in heaven.

And soon He’ll come again
    His loved ones to deliver.
    We’ll share His glory then
    Forever and Forever.

So while we watch and wait
    O, may His love constraining
    Help us to live for Him
    In all the hours remaining.

— C.R.S.

By Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

2. Garrison Hall says:

Satie’s genius is much appreciated. 24.4 million views on Youtube . . .

3. Linda K. says:

A Trip down Market Street 1906, right before the terrible earthquake.

• SouthernHeart says:

Oh, thank you Linda—I loved this!
      My grandparents were newlyweds living in a flat on Nob Hill when the earthquake struck…they escaped by boat across the bay to Marin County where they raised six children and lived out their lives.

• Linda K. says:

There was only a ferry between the Marin headlands and San Francisco back then. The Golden Gate Bridge wasn’t built until 1933. We lived in Mill Valley in the 1980’s and our neighbor owned the Mill Valley Market since the 1920’s. He used to take that Ferry at 3:00 a.m. (before the bridge was built) to go get his produce and and so forth for the market in San Francisco.

4. Lucille says:

Treepers…somewhere it’s still the kind of weather for a beach party…

ENJOY or DREAM!

5. Garrison Hall says:

Gotta’ love ’em . . .

6. czarowniczy says:

Sat thru ‘Joker’ today with my grandson, he thought it was going to be more Batmanish than it was – general consensus between us was ‘there’s 2 hours and 2 minutes out of our lives wasted we’ll never see again’. Interesting that we were there for the first showing on the 2nd day of run and there was a total of four of us in the theater. The company releasing the movie had forced the theater to devote two of its four screens to Joker for its initial run but in all there were fewer than a dozen viewers, even at prime time on a hot Saturday afternoon.

The movie is a Hollywood social engineering mulligatawny stew that also, as a minor byproduct, creates an alternative timeline for the Batman Joker thru the murder of Bruce Wayne’s parents…almost as an afterthought.

What I noticed as a theme throughout the movie was a somewhat sanitized Antifa/Democratic-Left theme of ‘kill the rich’. OK, you didn’t have too look topo hard, it was right out front from the early-on where Thomas Wayne’s presented as a shady billionaire businessman running for high political office – sound familiar? The denouement features Jokers descent into madness and leadership of a huge mob of masked (Antifa doubles) rioting, looting, burning and generally acting like Young Democrats of America members as they violently protested rich Americans and they were all wearing a particular clown mask. Now I’m not saying Hollyork planned this but it seems that the release timeline coupled with the plot will probably mean we’ll see a lot of ‘eat the rich’ rioting at both conventions next year. If you want to see Joker I’d suggest waiting until it hits Redbox or Netflix, that way you can pause it to go to the head, fetch something to eat/drink or go out and wax your lawn furniture. To me it’s main draw is what I see as the first major release in the 2020 Hollyork Death to Republicans campaign.

7. Lucille says:

The Munich Radio Orchestra and Ennio Moricone directing his compositions for the films:
    “The Good the Bad and the Ugly” and “The Mission”

8. Bill Dumanch says:

Amen.

9. Bill Dumanch says:

Amen.

10. dogsmaw says:

Song of Moses written by God

Rev 15:3 & 4 KJV And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints. Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.

Deu 32:7 KJV Remember the days of old, consider the years of many generations: ask thy father, and he will shew thee; thy elders, and they will tell thee.

Deu 31:19-22 KJV
 Now therefore write ye this song for you, and teach it the children of Israel: put it in their mouths, that this song may be a witness for me against the children of Israel.

For when I shall have brought them into the land which I sware unto their fathers, that floweth with milk and honey; and they shall have eaten and filled themselves, and waxen fat; then will they turn unto other gods, and serve them, and provoke me, and break my covenant.

And it shall come to pass, when many evils and troubles are befallen them, that this song shall testify against them as a witness; for it shall not be forgotten out of the mouths of their seed: for I know their imagination which they go about, even now, before I have brought them into the land which I sware.

Moses therefore wrote this song the same day, and taught it the children of Israel.

Commentary Matthew Henry
Chapter 31

He directs Moses to deliver them a song, in the composing of which he should be divinely inspired, and which should remain a standing testimony for God as faithful to them in giving them warning, and against them as persons false to themselves in not taking the warning, v. 19. The written word in general, as well as this song in particular, is a witness for God against all those that break covenant with him. It shall be for a testimony, Mt. 24:14. The wisdom of man has devised many ways of conveying the knowledge of good and evil, by laws, histories, prophecies, proverbs, and, among the rest, by songs; each has its advantages. And the wisdom of God has in the scripture made use of them all, that ignorant and careless men might be left inexcusable.

* 1. This song, if rightly improved, might be a means to prevent their apostasy; for in the inditing of it God had an eye to their present imagination, now, before they were brought into the land of promise, v. 21. God knew very well that there were in their hearts such gross conceits of the deity, and such inclinations of idolatry, that they would be tinder to the sparks of that temptation; and therefore in this song he gives them warning of their danger that way. Note, The word of God is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of men’s hearts, and meets with them strangely by its reproofs and corrections, Heb. 4:12. Compare 1 Co. 14:25. Ministers who preach the word know not the imaginations men go about, but God, whose word it is, knows perfectly.

* 2. If this song did not prevent their apostasy, yet it might help to bring them to repentance, and to recover them from their apostasy. When their troubles come upon them, this song shall not be forgotten, but may serve as a glass to show them their own faces, that they may humble themselves, and return to him from whom they have revolted. Note, Those for whom God has mercy in store he may leave to fall, yet he will provide means for their recovery. Medicines are prepared before-hand for their cure.

11. RyderLee says:

🎶some beach , somewhere
    there’s a big umbrella casting shade over an empty chair
    palm trees are growing , a warm breeze is blowing
    I picture myself right there
    on some beach , somewhere🎶
    Lucille , 😎

• Lucille says:

We’re joining you, RyderLee!

Elvis Presley – “Aloha Oe”

• RyderLee says:

Wow , my post ended up Far Away from Your
        Awesome Beach Picture , Lucille !
        Love the Elvis , For Sure 😊 !
        Thanks for Joining In /
        It’s Good to have a Sunny and Warm *mind association* with Pictures and Song as we Ease into Autumn ! 😚

12. dogsmaw says:

Image by Dianny of Patriot Retort

13. dogsmaw says:

Read the dang book 😛

14. dogsmaw says:

Are U Goin to San Francisco 😛

It all started in early September when neighbors pitched in $200 each to buy the boulders and line the sidewalk with them to deter people from setting up tents and doing drugs. And it worked.

Then some neighbors began getting threats.
    “They were getting emails. Some kind of bullying. Just feeling there was a lot of pressure being put on them,” said Nuru.

Many of the boulders ended up in the street pushed there apparently by those who felt the barriers were morally wrong.

A proponent of the boulders who wished to remain anonymous out of fear of retaliation said, “The people vandalizing the boulders are no better than the people they are trying to defend.”

But…guess what came next?

So /whois getting taxpayers money…

15. Dora says:

James Whistler – Blue and Silver Trouville, 1865

16. Dora says:

MEDICAL HORROR: Genetic sequencing of common vaccine finds entire male human genome from aborted human baby

(Natural News) Vaccines are routinely formulated with aborted human fetal cells known as MRC-5 and WI-38. The CDC openly lists some of the vaccines that use these “human diploid” cells, including Twinrix (Hep A / Hep B), ProQuad (MMRV) and Varivax (Varicella / chicken pox). FDA-published vaccine insert sheets such as this one for Varivax also openly admit to the use of aborted human fetal cell lines such as MRC-5:

17. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.”
    2 Peter 3:10 (KJV)

18. Dora says:

19. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

20. just stevie says:

THE BENT OF REGENERATION

“When it pleased God…to reveal His Son in me.” Gal. i. 15, 16

If Jesus Christ is to regenerate me, what is the problem He is up against? I have a heredity I had no say in; I am not holy, nor likely to be; and if all Jesus Christ can do is to tell me I must be holy, His teaching plants despair. But if Jesus Christ is a Regenerator, One Who can put into me His own heredity of holiness, than I begin to see what He is driving at when He says that I have to be holy. Redemption means that Jesus Christ can put into any man the hereditary disposition that was in Himself, and all the standards He gives are based on that disposition: His teaching is for the life He puts in. The moral transaction on my part is agreement with God’s verdict on sin in the Cross of Jesus Christ.

The New Testament teaching about regeneration is that when a man is struck by a sense of need, God will put the Holy Spirit into his spirit, and his personal spirit will be energized by the Spirit of the Son of God, “until Christ be formed in you.” The moral miracle of Redemption is that God can put into me a new disposition whereby I can live a totally new life. When I reach the frontier of need and know my limitations, Jesus says – “Blessed are you.” But I have to get there. God cannot put into me, a responsible moral being, the disposition that was in Jesus Christ unless I am conscious I need it.

Just as the disposition of sin entered into the human race by one man, so the Holy Spirit entered the human race by another Man; and Redemption means that I can be delivered from the heredity of sin and through Jesus Christ can receive an unsullied heredity, viz., the Holy Spirit.

Oswald Chambers
    October 6th Devotional

21. islandpalmtrees says:

Brennan calls for CIA leakers and he gets CIA leakers!

BREAKING: Deep State Attorney linked to Schumer and Hillary Confirms he Is Now Representing “Multiple” Whistleblowers in Connection to July 12 Trump Call
    by Jim Hoft October 6, 2019
    As was reported in September — the Deep State “whistleblower” who spoke out on President Trump’s call to the Ukrainian President in July, but who was not on the call, hired a former Schumer and Hillary Clinton staffer, Andrew Bakaj to represent him/her.

Andrew Bakaj has deep ties with DC Democrats. He donated to Joe Biden’s presidential campaign.

His first “whistleblower” client went to Adam Schiff’s office to plot strategy before he filed his complaint. The first “whistleblower” is a partisan CIA operative who was spying on President Trump in the White House. His complaints fell apart after President Trump released his phone transcript with the Ukrainian president and after former envoy Kurt Volker’s testimony on Thursday.

On Sunday morning Attorney Andrew Bakaj tweeted out that his firm is representing “multiple” whistleblowers in connection to the July 12, 2019 call between President Trump and Ukrainian president Zelensky.

Of course, the deep state leaked news of this whistleblower to the liberal media before the announcement today.

22. VinceWhirlwind says:

I’ve been out of the loop for several days, so I’m sorry if I’m repeating someone, but….

Have you seen the picture of our stunning First Lady sitting on that wall in Grand Teton National Park with The Snake River in the background? I hope someone mentioned to her that this is the exact spot where Ansel Adams captured his iconic black and white photograph of The Grand Tetons.

Ansel Adams fans will recognize this immediately. I’ve been there many times, but on my next trip, I will definitely have to stop there again. It will now have even more significance for me. Our amazingly talented First Lady, Melania was there!!!

I would post pics but I’m an old guy, who is technologically challenged.

23. Sherri Young says:

Witness in Botham Jean / Amber Guyger trial shot and killed Friday evening.

• Sobriquet4 says:

This reeks of “ never let a serious crisis go to waste”. Start a racial war once again by redirecting the public’s anger towards law enforcement?

• Sherri Young says:

Lots of chatter on Twitter. Saw one post that said Joshua Brown was shot in the mouth. Don’t know if it is true, but it is out there. Not seeing a call for a march yet.

$100,000 reward.

24. EagerIndependent says:

I don’t know if this is already answered. I’ve been a reader for a while, but I think this is my first comment:

Isn’t interesting that George Papadopoulos thinks that his being targeted was about energy policy (his plan for a pipeline), and meanwhile prominent Democrats or their family members were board members of a Ukrainian energy company? How would George’s pipeline plan have affected Burisma etc.? (I have neither the time nor ability to answer this question)

25. Sloth1963 says:

Isolated vocals from White Rabbit. Grace Slick is amazing!

• Janie M. says:

Sloth, back when I was stationed at Camp Pendleton (early 70’s), one of the women in my barracks use to hold a hairbrush (like a mic) and lip synch to this tune. Aside from not resembling Grace, she still did an excellent “performance.” Thanks for the memories wherever you are, Mikey!

26. wtd says:

The names of the three men who were killed when their vehicle crashed into a security barrier at a Robins Air Force Base gate have been released.

Houston County Coroner Danny Galpin identified the deceased as Yaney Perez-Perez, 20, Adar Lopez-Morales and Evelio Perez.

27. bcsurvivor2 says:

Any treepers going to the March on the 17th? Out of Orlando?My best friend and I are going. Gonna book the bus in a few minutes…If anyone is going where are you going to stay?

28. Sepp says:

Presidential Proclamation on German-American Day, 2019

Also, this link is to a treasury of resources and information for German American Day and Heritage Month.

29. Do stop thinking about tomorrow says:

Any idea why I can not link a utube clip

30. Sepp says:

To Ponder

Let me ponder on the sins of King Jehoram and God’s punishment (II Chronicles 21):

1. How Jehoram slew all his brothers and restored idol-worship in the groves and high places.

2. How his enemies plundered and enslaved the land.

3. How he was smitten with a grave sickness in the bowels, and died, ‘and no man mourned him’.

From “The Prologue from Ohrid” by Saint Nikolai (Serbian-born Bishop who reposed in the USA and was a former prisoner at Dachau) for today – September 23rd – on the traditional Calendar of the Orthodox Christian Church.

31. Sepp says:

The Conception of the Honorable and Glorious Prophet, Forerunner, and Baptist of the Lord, John, is commemorated today – September 23rd – on the traditional Calendar of the Orthodox Christian Church.

32. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

33. auscitizenmom says:

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh and Gen. Flynn:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

34. dogsmaw says:

Whitney Houston – He, I Believe

Whitney Houston – Greatest Love Of All

35. NoTwoSystemsOnlyOneChiCom says:

Duterte lets it slip in Russia. He does have a serious health problem.