August 20th – 2019 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #943

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Stephanie Grisham Twitter @StephGrisham45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

862 Responses to August 20th – 2019 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #943

1. WeThePeople2016 says:

Yep, but they will run on it though.

• KnowSERENoFear says:

Thanks you VSGPDJT for making the most dangerous place in America, the uterus, a little safer. And CONGRATS on your new Granddaughter!

• scrap1ron says:

Perhaps Planned Parenthood could ask their rich Hollywood friends to subsidize their Lamborghini payments.

• Kintbury says:

PP will still be able to survive if they stop giving tax payer money back to Democrats and use it on patients instead.

• California Joe says:

You had no right to taxpayer funding anymore than I do! You can charge $$$ for whatever services you provide in a free market. If customers are willing to pay for the service you provide they will. You are not entitled to money from the taxpayer!

• Ackman420 says:

That’s a big win, baby!
      Millions of Americans were outraged that their tax dollars were being used in a planned infanticide. It doesn’t matter if the baby is black, white, red, orange, etc. …. That baby is a person. This has been a long time coming.
      Thank you President Trump!

2. There is NO justification for forcing taxpayers to subsidize the crushing of babies’ skulls, no matter what one feels about the issue personally. Forcing Americans to be complicit in this act of murder, with no respect for political, theological, moral or personal leanings was yet another big F.U. from the O’Loser Administration.

3. Zippy says:

Interview with Dinny McMahon, the author of “China’s Great Wall of Debt: Shadow Banks, Ghost Cities, Massive Loans, and the End of the Chinese Miracle.”
    Jul 25, 2019

4. Pale rider says:

Mental illness is i defense, I get that but would you give a lesser sentence because of that? More of the “seems almost like they want this stuff to happen”.

• woodstuff says:

spiritual-illness

• Ray Runge says:

Mental illness is downstream from taking another human life. Murder is to be addressed first.

• CM-TX says:

That’s ridiculous. My son knew a guy who is serving 35 YEARS for an assault that involved a hatchet. Some sort of fight ensued between him & another guy. The tool happened to be close by, so in heat of fight/moment- he foolishly grabbed & used it. The other guy survived.

The perp was in his 20’s. He’d never been in trouble with the law prior. He was the son of a police officer (granted dirty, according to the kid). But it may have also worked against him being a white male. Apparently that he was not transgender, did too!

The crazy thing is, had the victim actually died– he would’ve actually received less time for a murder charge! As I told my son, that’s a seriously warped message for the CJS to be sending people.

5. sunnyflower5 says:

How can News organizations present false narratives if the social media allows the truth?

Fox News loves the one about highly educated suburban woman fleeing Trump. 🤡

• scrap1ron says:

They spelled indoctrinated wrong.

• mopar2016 says:

Propaganda news aimed at Americans was illegal per the 1948 (Smith – Mundt Act) Public Law 80-302. But it was changed during the Buraq era (2012). Now propaganda is legal in the US.

• CM-TX says:

Yet another reason to expose him for the fraud he was– so anything he signed is rendered null & void. We also know his intentions towards the country were not in The People’s best interest.

The Press can’t have it both ways. They don’t get to push propaganda onto the Public, being PAID to LIE… & then claim or hide behind the rights afforded them under “Freedom of Press.” These 2 things are in direct conflict, & CANNOT coincide together.

Further, it’s proven itself a detriment to the country. Creating a divisive sentiment that only incites chaos & violence… it needs to be overturned ASAP. It should have been already. I can’t see how it’s not Unconstitutional on it’s basis.

6. Zippy says:

Average Sovereign Yield Outside The US Turns Negative For The First Time Ever

Non-US Dollar global investment grade bond market:

The least dirty shirt in the laundry basket (the US) doesn’t mean our shirt isn’t dirty (it’s FAR too debt laden), but it isn’t as dirty as everyone else’s shirt AND we own the world’s reserve currency.

The result is capital flight from them to us. That keeps us going longer, but doesn’t fix our (and their) core problem and actually makes it worse here by enabling even MORE deficit spending, economic expansion, and speculation based upon easy money and NOT upon basic fundamentals.

Eventually, it all comes crashing down as it must. ALL bubbles burst. ALWAYS. And this one is the worldwide “everything bubble” coming after the US dot com bubble and the US sub-prime/housing bubble with its major international effects causing it to be called the Global Financial Crisis.

• DJ Snyder says:

Eeyore alert.

• Tom! says:

Numbers aren’t Eeyore.The world economy is in trouble and ours is being funded by massive debt. I believe the president is doing what he can but this situation cannot be sustained. It’s time for those on our side to be realistic and understand that years of deficit spending on the scale that it has taken place will not end well.

• lurker2 says:

Your last paragraph isn’t “numbers”. It’s your own doom-and-gloom prediction based on Eeyore philosophy that everything is always crap and nothing changes..

• KnowSERENoFear says:

That’s right L2! We must always be positive.

It’s time for those on our side to be unrealistic and not understand that years of deficit spending on the scale that it has taken place will end well.

/s

• California Joe says:

National debt as a percentage of GDP is a record low! Stop the doom and gloom nonsense.

• Amy2 says:

Yes, I’m confused. With more Americans working, can’t we throw some of those extra tax dollars at the debt?

• Matthew LeBlanc says:

How about we cross the 2020 election bridge first before we drastically alter course?

7. WeThePeople2016 says:

8. WeThePeople2016 says:

9. WES says:

Just wondering if anyone has heard of any recent progress on building the border wall? This topic seems to have just disappeared!

10. ilcon says:

11. Don McAro says:

This is the stuff I can’t stand….Yesterday Trump considering a payroll tax fake news….
    Today Trump says White House looking at payroll tax cut….

• Skippy says:

My personal opinion is President Trump et al should consider raising the personal property tax deduction to $15,000. It would sooth the reality for many in blue states, people who may lean towards President Trump in Blue States and who also agree with Piers Morgan as he explains below:
      2:20
      Turning Point UK

@TPointUK
      Piers Morgan: “The Left Have Become Unbearable”.
      When did @piersmorgan become so woke?
      10:24 AM – 20 Aug 2019

• lurker2 says:

Noooo to raising the deduction. That would force those of us with lower property tax to subsidize those with high property tax. Very unfair.

• BitchyPants says:

Would you like to know what is unfair? Those who pay no property tax at all – then those of us who do pay have to subsidize them – who do you think pays for all of the govt. housing units? Homeless shelters? Rental houses that are exempt? Hospitals, schools, community college – yes, all subsidized by people who pay property taxes whether they use them or not – so please tell me how that is unfair?
          I would like the deduction to be raised to $25,000.00 as that would make things fair

• Judith says:

For years I put up with these brainless PTA mommies giving away six figure pensions while removing basic school programs, as my taxes skyrocketed into the stratosphere.

I would like nothing better than to see them all eat their pom poms and pay the entire burden themselves. The idiots who voted for bloated school budgets need to pay every dime of it. Fair is fair.

• California Joe says:

Absolutely! Raise it to a more reasonable level like $20,000 otherwise President Trump is never going to win back the House! Every Republican Congressman in Southern California lost even in solid Red counties like Orange. Even the Republican District Attorney lost. The only winner was the sheriff who supports CCW. There are dozens of Red districts around New York and New Jersey that we lost because of that ridiculous $10,000 cap. Nobody is subsidizing us, either. Why should I pay tax on income I already paid tax on when even paying foreign government tax is fully deductible. So, pay tax to the EU or Japan and it’s fully deductible but not New York or California.

• lurker2 says:

Why should I, a person who owns a very modest small home with a low property tax bill (even though I’m in a high rate area), cover for someone with a large wasteful home with a high property tax bill? I get ZERO benefit from doing that. The people who own the $500,000 and up McMansions in high rate areas need to direct their wrath at their local legislators and demand that the property tax rates be decreased.

• NC Patriots says:

Well all the angry Repubs that had their House members change got a real clown car of a House for their trouble.——with an angry and half senile leader to boot. That ought to show them for raising our property tax !

• Judith says:

President Trump is excellent at assigning *ownership* of both positive AND negative outcomes. Who doesn’t love to bask in the sunlight, but most of us HATE to admit our error(s) when faced with cold hard truths.

Those who foul their own nest ought to stay and clean up their own mess, NOT flee in denial to a neighboring state (or country), and NOT expect more prudent taxpayers to rescue them from their *self-inflicted* fiscal irresponsibility.

• Skippy says:

I’ve read the comments below and respect you all! I understand you angst against raising property tax deduction. I live in Virginia. Our state is uses property taxes for major state/local /income.It’s hard on us.

I understand how hard it is to recognize this fact. I understand you. I’m simply suggesting President Trump undo what is a benefactor reason for hating our current WH admin.

• John_in_IN says:

I live in a red state. In a really nice house. In a nice neat clean subdivision. My property taxes are $2400 a year. If your property taxes are higher than that, you and your neighbors need to elect better representation. No need for me to contribute to your state legislature’s mistakes.

• covfefe999 says:

Amen to your comment. This shouldn’t be a tax deduction issue, it should be a local property tax issue. And the people who should take care of the problem are the people who live in high-tax areas, not force the rest of us to help pay.

• John_in_IN says:

I live in a red state. In a really nice middle class house. In a nice neat clean subdivision. My property taxes are $2400 a year. If your property taxes are higher than that, you and your neighbors need to elect better representation. If my state can provide a competitive level of services for that sum, there is no need for those like me to contribute to your state legislature’s mistakes.

• albertus magnus says:

He continues to troll his own base. I hope it ends up helping him and I hope that this is part of a plan because according to the Rasmussen poll of strongly approve vs. strongly disapprove, he has dropped 14 points in the last 2 months. And it has NOTHING to do with the DEMS, DeepState or events.

12. WeThePeople2016 says:

13. Liberty Forge says:

From The Gateway Pundit:

Remember those horrifying undercover videos showing the sale of “baby parts” by Planned Parenthood?

This is connected. Planned Parenthood is still making a lot of money from selling aborted babies.

Maybe more people will be outraged if they were made aware of what is being done with those “sold” baby “parts”. If nothing else, some would be more upset by the harm done to laboratory animals than they would be bothered by using aborted babies. Sadly, that’s true.

• lurker2 says:

As a former abortion supporter I can tell you that two things caused me to switch to the other side.

1) Understanding the full and complete process of abortion, which PP and other groups try so desperately to hide. They don’t want women to know what happens. It’s disgusting. We don’t even treat insects so badly.

2) Realizing that PP and other groups promote abortion far more than they promote birth control and thoughtful abstinence. They always promote abortion as basic women’s health care instead of a last resort procedure that should be extremely rare. They always promote abortion as allowing women to have control of their bodies, but when a woman is pregnant with a unwanted baby she has already lost control.

• Yy4u says:

Not sure you are right Liberty. The media has done a good job of gaslighting. People who wld be horrified at selling baby tissue have been convinced Pfoject Veritas made it up. My son is one. People who get their news from mainstream dont know their sources are the ones making it up.

14. Moe Grimm says:

Home today I’m glad I caught PDT comments fro the White House. Those of you who missed it I urge you to replay it from one of several sources. Watch his face as he speaks in measured statements especially as to his willingness to take on what others have shirked – and far worse. Watch ALL of it. When it’s a serious topic, and G_d knows we face many of them, I have never, ever, sat one as qualified as this guy is. I urge everyone here to pray for him, that he be guided by the Holy Spirit. Pray for his family, Melania, and especially their young son Barron who at all of 13 years of age has seen and heard way more than any young man should about his parents. He’s a good looking kid, getting tall, and I have a feeling he’ll be a fine young man.

• Katherine McCoun says:

Would love to watch what you watched. Link? If I search youtube I will get many different videos and it might not be the same one that you are talking about

• sunnyflower5 says:

Fox News is clutching their pearls post interview.
      John Roberts and Shep have apparently no clue.
      “I saw a woman who was violent, vicious, and out of control at one of my events.”
      Not to mention there are other events she where she was arrested. I guess, John Roberts and Shep forgot all about her filthy mouth as she celebrated her election.

• Skippy says:

“$500 Billion USA to China per year not including intellectual property loss”. My spouse loss to such loss. I agree with President Trump where as President Obama and prior did nothing! China is/was a huge economic threat to the USA. Wake up USA!

15. lurker99 says:

Lots of operatives commenting today………………..

16. Nick the Deplorable says:

17. Nick the Deplorable says:

18. John Taty says:

great book to read, how america will get destroyed from within.
    pdf version

19. Just read on Fox News website: https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/gregg-jarrett-the-trump-russia-phantasm-will-ultimately-lead-to-a-reckoning-with-justice

Jarrett, imho, did a great job in telling the rest of the world what TCTH already knows. He’ll probably be fired or sent out for re-indoctrination.

20. sunnyflower5 says:

President Trump retweet

21. sunnyflower5 says:

22. OhNoYouDont says:

Tweet storm starting now – getting interrupted from time to time by calls from reporters… I’ve been caught in the middle of an exchange of tweets between 2 media titans, @HillaryClinton & @realDonaldTrump. #Trump’s tweet was slightly wrong. #Hillary’s tweet was shameful.

Dr. Robert Epstein

7 minutes ago

Now, switching to .@HillaryClinton: This is going to hurt me to write, because I & my whole extended family have been strong supporters of the Clintons for decades. I have a framed, signed letter from #Bill on the wall near my desk. But #Hillary should be ashamed of herself.

15 minutes ago

#Trump tweet, point #3: It doesn’t matter whether the bias in #Google search results was deliberate or not. Once it appeared – which it did at least 6 months before the election – it began shifting opinions & votes without people’s knowledge & without leaving a paper trail.

18 minutes ago

#Trump tweet, point #2: The level of pro-#Hillary bias I found in #Google’s search results – absent on #Bing & #Yahoo – was enough to convince between 2.6 & 10.4 million undecided voters to vote for Hillary. .@realDonaldTrump said 16 million; that’s wrong.

24 minutes ago

#Trump tweet, point #1: I’ve never said that #Google deliberately “manipulated” the 2016 election, but I measured substantial pro-#Hillary bias in #Google’s search results by preserving & analyzing 13,207 election-related searches & the 98,044 web pages linked to those searches.

28 minutes ago

23. ilcon says:

24. sunnyflower5 says:

Or, the thought that having the Clintons in the White House would have continued “normalcy” after Obama’s “normalcy”. 😳

25. Troublemaker10 says:

• California Joe says:

These people are free to leave ICE detention and go home anytime they want!!! The Border Patrol is a law enforcement agency not a hospital, not a nursery, not a preschool, not an orphanage. If anyone in ICE detention doesn’t like being there they can go back home immediately!

26. ilcon says:

27. OhNoYouDont says:

Proposed sale of F-16 fighter aircraft to Taiwan now has been been formally notified to Congress, according to @StateDept.

28. Ausonius says:

I just caught an ABC News reporter sarcastically reporting about poor “Dreamers” possibly being booted out by the Trump Administration via the claim that DACA is an unconstitutional power grab by the MAObama Administration: “Panic attacks” were reported among those depending on DACA because “we have no clue how the Supreme Court will rule on this.”

No rebuttals or explanations from those favoring the administration were in sight!

Typical MSM!

29. sunnyflower5 says:

According to Dr. Neal Kassell— Even after brain surgery, Biden is “as sharp as he was 31 years ago.” 🧐🤔 “He is every bit as sharp as he was 31 years ago. I haven’t seen any change,” Kassell said. 🤣😂

30. ilcon says:

31. ilcon says:

32. Slowhandgunner says:

Did you know that Durham was investing spygate already in September last year?
    As per James Baker’s testimony https://mobile.twitter.com/GregRubini/status/1163909759180902400
    (Long time lurker. Thought that important.)

33. doubledark1981 says:

To Mr. President, please think long and hard on this and the Uni B/C. The (D) want to shame (R) into the start of that Slippery Slid into the Abyss, dragging down the rest of our RIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

34. doubledark1981 says:

Well it figures coming from Maxipad Waters

35. Magabear says:

This article took the words right out of my mouth. CBS radio news is all on board with the latest R word (recession, oh my!). 😯

36. Latest from Solomon.
    Very detailed and specific information….
    Similar to SD’s narrative, no?
    Too much to sweep under the rug.
    There’s just too much….
    ——————————————

10 declassified Russia collusion revelations that could rock Washington this fall

37. OhNoYouDont says:

EPSTEIN: Google’s Latest Whistleblower Is Hard To Ignore

As the 2016 election heated up, “the angle that the Democrats and the media took was that anyone who liked Donald Trump was a racist … And that got picked up everywhere. I mean, every tech company, everybody in New York, everybody in the field of computer science basically believed that.”

And those beliefs, Coppola says, got expressed in algorithms, over which Google employees have complete control. “They don’t write themselves. We write them to do what we want them to do.”

__

I reported that bias in Google search results likely shifted at least 2.6 million votes to Hillary Clinton in 2016 with no one knowing and without leaving a paper trail; that Google’s “Go Vote” reminder on Election Day in 2018 gave Democrats at least 800,000 more votes than it gave Republicans; that bias in Google search results may have shifted upwards of 78.2 million votes (spread across hundreds of state and regional races) to Democrats in the 2018 election; and that if Big Tech companies all favor the same presidential candidate in 2020, they could conceivably shift 15 million votes to that candidate — again, with no one knowing and without leaving a paper trail.

If numbers like this make you wonder whether next year’s election will be fair, listen to Google’s latest whistleblower. Then worry.

• Bogeyfree says:

If rolls were reversed, the Dems in Congress would be demanding investigations, enacting laws and screaming from the top of of their lungs, but has anyone heard boo from our incredible Republicans in Congress?

Ask yourself why?

38. Louisiana Tea Rose says:

Okay, so Twatter has been down on me all day…anyone else?

• Judith says:

I have no social media accounts, including twitter. But I often check President Trump’s tweets, as you can do this without an account. But a couple of days ago I couldn’t access his twitter on DuckDuckGo search engine. It just kept buffering.

And the only website that reverts to Chinese roulette wheel popup ads is CTH. Sometimes I am blocked from the get-go, and at other times the popups occur right after I type in a comment. I never signed up for WordPress, either.

39. nimrodman says:

Say what you will about Kanye, he puts his money where his mouth is

… building beehive shelters for the homeless on his property

Unfortunately, he didn’t secure necessary permits and had his crews working Sunday and too long on Saturday, ticking off his neighbors

40. dogsmaw says: