Guidelines for Comments…

“Seek first to understand, then to be understood”.

1.) First, please READ THIS ENTIRE THREAD – and the full text of any discussion thread you wish to participate in. Skipping to the comments to express an opinion without reading the content of the discussion is not helpful.

Often, unfortunately very often, we find many of the points injected into comments are already outlined in the construct of the thread itself. -or- Questions asked while the answers are in the primary post.

2.) STAY ON TOPIC – please do not post something unrelated to the specific matter and content of the thread subject. There is a ALWAYS a daily open thread available for any subject you feel should get attention. Never place unrelated, “O/T”, or “Off Topic” comments on a thread unrelated to the topic. It is not ok to say: “sorry, O/T but”… or any iteration therein.

3.) NARROW YOUR THOUGHTS – Quality beats quantity. Please construct your comments to target specific areas and not broad generalizations about the discussion topic at hand. If you have four or five disconnected points, break them up into individual comments.

4.) AVOID GENERALIZATIONSDon’t speak in riddles. Words like “he, she, they, it, them” should rarely be used. Spell out “who” using the name, spell out who “they” are at the beginning of every sentence in your paragraph; so that there is clarity as to who you are talking about. Avoid using acronyms.

5.) BLOCK PARAGRAPHSDo not post huge blocks of text. Think of the reader, and modify your presentation for understanding, not for exclaiming. Do not write to yourself, you are writing to others, so please structure your thoughts so other people can grasp and enjoy. NEVER post massive blocks of text without paragraph breaks.

Do not post huge blocks of text

6.) PARAGRAPHS – Should NEVER be longer than two or three sentences taking up three to five standard lines of text. Again, you are writing to be understood, the emphasis should be on the reader comprehending what you are sharing.

Do not post huge blocks of text

7.) SPELLING AND PUNCTUATION – This is not school and we do not demerit for poor spelling, nor do we allow anyone to call others out for the same. However, if your construct is too poorly written the context is lost and important details can be missed. Read the comment carefully before you send it. Does it make sense?

8.) TIME – Everyone ‘s time is valuable. Some of our discussion threads are 500 to 1,000+ comments long. We try to limit the comments to 500 and then post another related thread, but with some research threads it is challenging to do so because we do not want to break a continuity.

9) CITATIONS – There’s a big difference between an opinion and an assertion of fact. Feel free to provide opinions; however, if you are making an assertion of fact please attach a citation therein for review. Also, do not post links without an explanation of the reason, purpose and content that is behind the link.

10.) THOUSANDS ARE WATCHING – For every person writing a comment, there are easily 100,000 or more reading lurkers on every discussion thread. Do not write anything you would not say in your own living room. Do not disparage our conversation with vulgarity, profanity, or any expressions of any “ism”.

Troll11.) MODERATION / FILTERING THE HATE – Because of our honest approach at seeking facts and truth, and openly discussing various analytical theories along the way, we are bombarded by those with ulterior motives which include:

• Intentional efforts to distract
  • Intentional diatribes to affix labels to our objectives
  • Intentional expressions of rabid hate, vulgarity, and threats.
  • Trolling and professional obfuscation.
  • Concern Trolling as a tool of distraction and derailing conversation.
  • Psy-ops and Intentional Efforts to diminish fact-finding.

We do our earnest best to stop the agenda-horde at the moderation gates, however sometimes they get through. If you see something untoward say something. When a new comment surfaces that we view is only presented to argue, we watch carefully – but we also are not perfect. You can help. Feel free to alert us via email.

12.) MANNERS MATTER – Simple kindnesses and courtesy should always be present in tone and content. When writing, ask yourself before you hit send: does this add value?

13.) NO PERSONAL ATTACKSEver. The fastest way to lose commenting privileges is to ridicule, bully or personally attack another person’s opinion or comment. Unfortunately people, often good people, let their passion interfere with good manners and personal judgement. If you cannot be polite or respectful, pause – and – do not comment.

14.) TONE and HONESTY – Often the information and research CTH provides are about challenges we face and/or events that are hidden from larger review. It can be frustrating to see the scale of corruption; however, you control how that information is absorbed by you. The truth doesn’t care about our feelings. Try to keep an even keel and optimistic disposition.

SUMMARY: The Tree House community has historically accomplished a lot. Through exhaustive research and analysis our accuracy and reputation for truthful fact-finding, regardless of where it leads, is well regarded. Retain that distinction of intellectual armament.

We are The Conservative Tree House, not because of political affiliation, but rather because the word “conservative” expresses our outlook. We would rather be deep, than wide; we would rather be honest, than popular; we avoid semantics in favor of accurately presenting both intention and meaning.

We are bold in our willingness to go into conversational places where others do not, and we are brave enough to stand firm for principles which are time tested.

We would rather advertise our outlook, so the viewer can understand our perspective on a particular subject, than deceptively claim we are something else and deliver an inherently biased view. The entire spectrum of the MSM is based on the latter.

Every reader knows where we stand on any given issue, and our opinions -while they may be unpopular- are based on solid research and analytical insight into the subject matter at hand. This is why our predictive analysis is routinely more accurate than others.

Lastly, this Treehouse is a conversation. Hopefully, just like sitting on a porch with friends.

Because the “conversation” is the ends and not the means, this approach inherently means YOU are important:

[Remember] …”However each of us got here, it’s probably a fact that we have the turmoil of those storms in common, perhaps some unease that we could share and always, we also find fresh ground to cover from day to day.

We’re developing valuable relationships as we trust one another in our community in the woods. The chatting in the branches encourages, strengthens and equips for some serious walking.

We think the Treehouse is a good armory for those who doing long distance walking for the sake of our nation. We hope you’ll think so, too. Find yourself a good branch….or just pull up a rock to the campfire”.

Wolverines faithfully patrol the perimeter.

Please be respectful.

This entry was posted in Treehouse Campfire, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

95 Responses to Guidelines for Comments…

1. Baby El says:

If I may add one additional suggestion.

If you post a link, please take a moment to describe what the story / meme / picture / tweet is about.

• OSP says:

If you read closely, I think that’s covered.

• jrapdx says:

Yes it is, but it’s a point worth emphasizing since it’s so often overlooked. Following this rule will make the comment sections so much more valuable to readers.

• OSP says:

• wlbeattie says:

I learnt to use IMO (occasionally IMHO or IMAO) 50 years ago when we were taught what a “generalisation” was.
        BTW: We didn’t use *TLAs in those days!

*IBM speak for Three Letter Acronyms!
        i.e. AMD = Air Movement Device (a fan – I kid you not!)

• CountryDoc says:

It would be helpful to give some quick and dirty directions on how to post citations, links, and pic. Also keep in mind some of us post from the CTH site, and some of us post from within WordPress. i think the methods are different.

• Peoria Jones says:

People should think about doing that for tweets, too.

Often there’s one tweet after another, almost spamming the site with tweets. Some of them make sense as a stand-alone comment, while others require clicking to see what the tweet is about.

It would be good to have some idea why you should click on a tweet from someone you’ve never heard of, just to see why it was posted here.

• jrapdx says:

I agree that “naked” tweets (those that provide no clue about their content) frequently pollute the comments and detract from value. It takes a fair amount of time for tweets to load, and I’d rather not waste time chasing something irrelevant or in a few cases even offensive. So I generally won’t do it and I think many others follow the same policy.

2. Possibly the best moderator guide I’ve ever read.

3. RJ says:

Now I know who stole my puppy, my crazy puppy who loves to give side-eye whenever the occasion arises!

• De Oppresso Liber says:

It made me think of what Puppy Dog Pals (Bingo & Rollie) would be like if they were German Shepherds instead of Pugs…..if you don’t have small children or grandchildren watching cartoons, then you’re probably not going to understand that one. 😉

4. OSP says:

Always good to review this periodically.
    Thanks for all you do, sd

5. Baby El says:

… and never go full eeyore 🙂

• Nigella says:

Agreed.. I know sometimes it’s hard, but eeyoring brings us all down

• swaggy76 says:

AMEN – just dont assume everyone who’s a little negative is a diabolical lefty troll. (Being aware of the miscarriages of justice that’ve occurred can make it hard to be full-on-cheerleader, all the time.)

With that said, I’m going to make an effort at positivity!

• wlbeattie says:

Most of us are informed enough to feel negative at times.
        But IMO Negativity is quite infectious and I’ll rarely “Like” a negative tweet, even if I feel the same way!
        I still keep SD’s Eeyore meme plus a White-ant clipping for occasional use.
        Recently, I’ve been seeing many supposedly “conservative” twitter accounts that seem to be pushing that agenda! They usually only have a small number of follows & followers.

• CountryDoc says:

Yes, sometimes when I look at the full scope of the forces of evil, I even doubt our Lion PDJT and even Sundance. I trust no one fully. I have been flammed for expressing that doubt, but nothing is beyond the realm of possibility these days,

We mostly stay anonymous (because in many ways, sitting in the Treehouse is putting our lives, fortunes, and sacred honor on the line — not like the LEO or the warrior, and most of us are patriot warriors in our day to day lives fighting on some front.

For this reason, there is a vulnerability that we do not have means of verifying each others identity, or communicating elsewhere — which I would so much love.

But my point is that I sometimes imagine the forces of evil kidnapping Sundance and team, and hijacking the website to demoralize all of us individually, each according to our vulnerabilities. What defense, backup plans, or contingencies are there for this.

This is not just a social media for small talk. We are in a real war. Lives, Trillions, and our sacred Republic are at stake. And nothing is beyond the realm of possibility of the forces of evil for us or many other patriot websites and communities. Look what happened to the Tea Party. Lucianne.com is attacked all the time.

So some negativity and paranoia is appropriate.

• Peoria Jones says:

What is curious to me, is that you keep posting the same thing over and over and over – that you no longer trust Sundance or President Trump. You’ve posted that sentiment on numerous threads over the past days.

Replies to you have run the gamut from scorn, to encouragement, to making light of it. What more could you be seeking? It is abundantly clear to all how you feel.

• CountryDoc says:

Thank you. You are right. My brain scans the whole horizon, and trusts no one, yet always optimistic about possibilities and aware of potential danger.

I imagine the collective brain of Treepers on the porch to be far more reaching than I am, and perhaps I am seeking reassurance.

As I’ve also said, I wish I knew many of you through a larger keyhole than the CTH, because I see and respect your wisdom.

Perhaps I’m more desperate because my back is against the wall. I remain as a local, rural PCP — taking care of people whom I love — who are family, church, community, and who have become very close friends. 35 primary care physicians (PCPs) have left primary care in my town since 2010. Since then only 3 new primary care practices have started in the 14 county area around us.

I am toward the end of my career if working this hard. I love what I do, but it is becoming impossible in the economic environoment. Not just here, but nation wide. I must choose between the people who need us and can’t find good PCPs or something easier to make money with. Those jobs involve becoming a signature prostitute or providing unneeded services, milking the system, joining the dark side.

I work 80hrs a week, and my income from my practice last year was zero. And I am not a stupid businessman. I am a pioneer, doing the right thing, seeking to find a way to make a sustainable living with my profession which took me 13 years of education to get.

If you think the deep state is bad, the medical/industrial complex is worse — but they are just more shrewd. We physicians and nurses are Isrealites in Egypt making more bricks without straw and our loved ones need the houses we are building in order to live.

• Peoria Jones says:

Well, it’s not so great being a patient (or not even being able to afford to be one) either. But please don’t resort to becoming a “signature prostitute,” LOL! The gubmint needs us all paying taxes!

• CountryDoc says:

Sometimes we need help from others to let us know we’ve gone full Eeyore

• jackokie says:

CountryDoc, hope this helps: “Never take counsel from your fears”. Or even better, as I saw on a T-shirt recently, “Fear is a liar!”.

This is an amazing community. Let us keep faith one with another, and do all we can to preserve our sacred Republic, for the world may never see its like again if we go down.

• mj_inOC says:

Bless you, Country Doc, sounds like you are a church-going, man of faith… Rest assured, we who ‘know the end of the story [Revelation],’ must remember Heaven is our goal, we are just ‘passing through,’ on our way Home!
        God calls us to Love Him and our Brothers, through obedience to Him and His Word, and please remember, as He promised Joshua in chapter 1, ‘I will never leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and courageous.’
        God Bless you, sundance, and all y’all.
        Amen.

6. Excellent. Love your analysis threads and all who come in here * comment..

7. Josh Taylor says:

Give it up SD! If you keep posting, it isnt working! Half the people ask questions when all they have to do is read the articles and it makes them out to be bots. Bots stir up the comment boards!

8. CountryClassVulgarian says:

Oh, oh! What did I do now?

9. Margaret Berger says:

Opinion here, German shepherd’s make the cutest dog pictures. Love it and love the sense of humor to be found on this site.

10. avi says:

did something happen?

11. Paul from Canuskistan says:

Just another reason I trust The Treehouse more than any other

12. OldSarg says:

Can you repeat number 12?

13. Loren says:

I’ve read this site for some time, just started posting. I’m probably over fascinated with what others post. I read a lot ( a lot ) of websites and the comment sections, some are inspirational and some are just wow, you be crazy. I was reading and article on Popular Science in 2013, heading: Starting to day, no longer accepting comments. To keep this short, they said trolls and spambots were the reason. But reading the whole article was enlightening, they quoted studies that found that just firmly worded (not uncivil) disagreement impacted reader’s perceptions of science, it continued. If you carry out these result to their logical end, commenters shape public opinion; public opinion shapes public policy; public policy shapes how and whether and what research gets funded, you start to see why we feel compelled to hit the “off” switch. How fascinating, no! It makes you think. The article, Popular Science Sept. 24 2013. Sorry for the length of the comment😉.

• You just violated #6. It makes what you say so much readable if you break into paragraphs…thanks.

• Loren says:

I could and maybe should have used a paragraph or two but the idea of the post was the comment section. The article was about comment sections. Paragraphs can be half a page long. Yes, I should have separated my personal from the article. One thing I hate is taking up the thread, #5 that is a short block to save space. Sorry, you did not understand my post.

• This is a suggestion on how you could break your comment into paragraphs, making it easier to read and understand…sorry, former technical writer here…sometimes I can’t help myself. Not meant to be critical or mean…just a suggestion to improve chances your article will be read!

“I’ve read this site for some time, just started posting. I’m probably over fascinated with what others post. I read a lot ( a lot ) of websites and the comment sections, some are inspirational and some are just wow, you be crazy.

Sorry for the length of the comment😉.”

• Baby El says:

Some of the most valuable aspects of this site are the reader comments. So many thoughts and perspectives are drawn into the picture.

Yes, we all violate the rules from time to time – but hopefully in an adult manner that adds value – if not to the story – to the experience of those around us.

• Loren says:

I see now I should have posted deferentially.

Popular Science has been around 146 years. It is a huge supporter of global warming. Their articles about that issue were met with big push back in 2013. So, they cancelled the comment section. Because a study said comments sections effect ‘funding’ or taxpayer dollars.

The power of the comment section was the reason of my post. I found that to be a great fascinating point. That someone actually study this and they found the power of the comment section had on Federal spending policy. That is very huge!

This site bring clarity to many people and the clarity of the posting contributors have a power they may not realize. This is the voice of the people, to be understood!

And why do they whine about the President’s tweets, we do know don’t we. Plus we know why the troll farmers and bots of spam are there to muddy the water. So, we do not effect their flow of our tax dollars into their pockets in one way or another. Could be they are just evil.

Sorry this was so long! I hate monopolizing the thread.🙏

• RightAroundTheBlock says:

You can fool some of the people some of the time… as long as you remove the comment section.

Or, as a country contrarian I know said, “If they disable comments, they might just be Fake News!”

• formerdem says:

but you know what, it was worth it, this version was even more interesting than the first…

• CountryDoc says:

We are all growing here, every last one of us. that is the purpose of this website. Loren, you are expressing the humility, even while feeling defensive like all of as do, and are making the effort to change and grow. That is inspiring. It gives us all hope and confident to be humble, vulnerable, teachable. We then share our difficulties, ask for help, and enjoy helping others.

I’m a primary care physician. 90% of the medical problems we treat are due to lifestyle dysfunction. You don’t change the lifestyle of a person in a 10 minute paternalistic lecture. For this reason, many of my visits are done in group medical visits. The care is better, the learning is better, it is more fun, more real, and produces better results, better trust, and better relationships.

I have found that every system involving human excellence: Families, churches, 12 step groups, a military patrol team [Navy SEALs], olympic excellence — is done in groups.

The comment section is our growth laboratory for us to be better warriors and citizens where we live. Presently we are under attack. I have very little free time, but I spend about an hour a day here at CTH.

If I did not have this community and some others, I wouldn’t just be an Eeyore — I would be a dead Eeyore.

• Maquis says:

Long is cool when it’s readable and worthwhile, glad you’re here. CTH Rocks!

14. I don’t see this mentioned, but some people post entire articles…some very very long….I think posting segments from the article and then a link would be nicer. Thanks.

• I couldn’t agree more. Not only is it nicer, but more law-abiding. The comment sections of this site have a longstanding problem with blatant violations of copyright law. If any of the publications that own the articles reprinted in full without permission was to pursue legal action, they could sue the poster, CTH, and those who allowed the unauthorized reprinting.

It decreases the value of a commercial publication to have their articles reprinted in full elsewhere for free, where they can’t recoup costs. That’s “damages”, folks.

That’s how sites like this, the content of which is owned not by Sundance exclusively, but co-owned by WordPress (as publisher), get taken down through a lack of vigilance. If sufficient complaints persist, WP has the full right to suspend the blog from their platform.

It’s bad enough that news photos are regularly printed here without proper attribution. Why put this entire extraordinary discussion pool at needless, avoidable risk?

USE LINKS!

• LafnH20 says:

I agree, littleflower. It would be.

There were times when first learning (🤔 HA!!😁 Still) the nuts & bolts of this “Blog Posting Thingy…I was just so danged happy “Anything” showed up at all!

I admit to not coming to a complete stop (In the heat of the moment… if you like) before proceding…on more than one occasion.

A pedestrian on 57th Street sees a musician getting out of a cab and asks, “How do you get to Carnegie Hall?”
      Without pause, the artist replied, “Practice, practice, practice.”

15. SweetPotato says:

I always enjoy “sitting on the porch” with all these CTH folks! They keep me sane in this crzaay world we’ve found ourselves in. So much appreciation for Sundance and all of you!!

16. fractionalexponent says:

I enjoy bad grammar, bad spelling, lousy punctuation, creole, pidgin, construction worker slang. Accidental metsphors are fun. It’s a Turing test. Is there sparkle in the soul? Am I reading thought or indoctrination?

Online you can’t look into their eyes to see what’s going on. Is there life in the eyes, or has the fire gone out?

Don’t like like moaners, groaners, grammar scolders. Heard enough of that in my 75 years.

Some people speak math, some speak pidgin, some don’t punctuate.

I like the way Ristvan & Dutchman explain, simplify, clarify.

• cheryl says:

The only time when people should comment about grammar or spelling is when the poster is making no sense at all. I know what the poster meant 99% of the time anyway. I make mistakes because my brain sometimes runs faster than my fingers can type sometimes.

17. Grandma Covfefe says:

Sorry Sundance…I just broke rule number one.
    I went straight to “Comment” to let you know your animal photos in this article are the cutest, most distracting animals…they make me giggle. Your adorable animal photos gives great value to this site.

Ok, I’m going back to the top to read your article and memorize it for a secret pop quiz you plan to give tomorrow.

On a serious note…Thank you, Sundance, for all that you do here. You are so valuable to many of us here in the Treehouse. We so appreciate you posting this article to get everyone to co-operate to keep our beautiful Treehouse clean and meaningful.

May the Lord Bless you, AdRem, Menagerie and the crew….always. We all Love you all.

• Our Spirit says:

Grandma, can you check out this video of a Ben Garrison cartoon that features Conservative Treehouse and give it a shout out on your threads in the morning? Sundance may miss it and the community here deserves a big shout out!

• Grandma Covfefe says:

Just did it…under the Treeper Prayer post for President Trump in Presidential Thread for 8-19-19…Thank you for letting us know!
        May the Lord Bless you!

• Our Spirit says:

Thank you!! We’re lurkers and know that you are a powerful voice on CTH. Thank you. If you ever want to have other cutting edge pieces as they roll out, before anyone else in the net, let’s connect via email. We can be reached here: https://aim4truth.org/contact/ Then will provide email address. You do an amazing job keeping the Treepers engaged!

18. getfitnow says:

Thank you, sundance and crew.

19. AnotherView says:

Bravo–great reminder and well said.. I don’t always agree with what I read, but I always value the opportunity to make that judgment for myself. It’s one of the reasons why this site is so precious and unique. I proudly support and stand by The Conservative Treehouse.

20. ZurichMike says:

I am saddened that Sundance has to post this with greater frequency of late.

• jrapdx says:

But it makes sense that it needs to be done when the site is attracting new readers at a prodigious rate. Besides it causes no harm to post the “rules” for comments regularly, I mean who among us has the whole thing memorized? So no need for sadness, the necessity to post it regularly represents how much the site’s audience is growing and that’s a very good thing!

• Dutchman says:

ZM,
      I’m saddened that your saddened, but don’t share your original sadness.

As a frequeny poster, as I read the article, AND the comments prior to posting, I thought “Ooops, yeah, I think I did THAT, recently,…and that, and oww, theres another one.

And, I don’t see this being posted MORE frequently, just the ‘regular’ reminder.
      ‘Newbies’may have skipped this ‘indoctrination’, and ‘oldies’can benefit from a reminder.
      IMHO, ….

• jeans2nd says:

Ditto. Also – the replies to the “Guidelines” are different. Many fewer mea culpas, more criticism of the blog owner. imo Sad.

• CountryDoc says:

The frequency of posting needed is evidence of our success.

21. MustangBlues says:

Thank you Sundance, et al for the information and insight provided here. Enjoy the comments also, for the quality of information and references for further research.

Having old eyes, Guideline #6 regarding large blocks of text is my pet peeve, more than 3 consecutive lines of small text font literally merges into a glob and is too difficult to separate for comprehension.

Sorry, but cannot change these eyes, so have to bypass what must be important information that consists of 5 or 10 or 15 continuous lines of text, because it requires a huge gulp to ruminate so much text.

To me, it is like having to chugalug, instead of sip, a glass of good wine.
    Not good for the cognitive digestion.

22. Alex Pazzo says:

The effectiveness of the CTH has brought in the trolls and disparagers in full force.
    Expect flak when you’re over target!!
    The truth is painful

23. Rick554 says:

I consider CTH to be one of the most important websites on the ‘net. Thanks Moderators and keep up the Goid Work!

24. I’d like to add that I feel that CTH is a very unique community on the web – a uniquely valuable community – precisely because of periodic owner-posts like these, and because of the community’s very visible(-to-me) actions regarding its many members.

Initially, when I encountered a “Conservative tree house,” I frankly expected this community to be like so very many others: to consist of people who talk to themselves, saying to each other what they already believe, except when they stop to crucify anyone whose opinions are even a little bit different. (Antifa, anyone? …) There are no crucifixions here. And, even though my opinions as expressed here are “a little bit different sometimes,” I’ve never felt pilloried. I’ve enjoyed the sometimes very thought-provoking replies that I’ve received, and considered very carefully. (While sometimes eating my words.)

So – thank you to the community. And to Sundance, the “journalist extraordinaire” who makes it all possible.

25. Jerry Joe says:

Sorry to report Sundance, but you really need to clarify Paragraph 1! Reading the entire thread ought to specifically require also reading, in full, the entire attachment (such as often appearing through Scribed) before commenting. If you’ve taken the time to attach it and make it a core part of your thread, I take the time to read it.

Case in point: you attached a 312 page transcript of the Glenn Simpson testimony. As I was reading through it and taking notes, I looked forward to the ensuing conversation. Within hours of release, the entire Evelyn Speed Reader All-Star team showed up for an in promptu practice. Truthfully, less than a handful had even skimmed the document. IMO, the much anticipated comments then never approached a low-level book club discussion.

If you want to attach a document as an ‘extra’ for our own interests, indicate it as much in your thread so we, the readers, also understand. It just might also be an opening for another to join in and add to the conversation.

• CountryDoc says:

I think Sundance is pretty good about indicating whether an attachment is for reference, or he will tell us where to focus, or recommend reading (or listening) to the whole thing. The practice of providing transcripts to videos is especially helpful. I don’t always have time to be fully prepared, and I take a commenting position accordingly. But no matter how rushed I am or how short a time I stop in, I feel welcome.

26. lgstarr says:

Love your dog!

27. I don’t think those darn cats are seeking to be understood. I think they are seeking to be fed 🙂

28. CoffeeBreak says:

Thanks, Sundance, for these reminders. As Martha Stewart says, “It’s a good thing”.

I appreciate your being here everyday. Sometimes, I fear a sign that says “Gone Fishin'”. Especially after a trying week.

Everyone that works this site has my deepest respect.

29. Guilty as charged of a few infractions. I appreciate the remedial reading assignment.

I would like to add a sub-paragraph that says use your head and don’t insult your compatriots..

For example referring to union members a poster here stated August 8, 2019 at 5:20 pm;

“The rank and file “members” are dumber than a bag of hammers.”

Now I happen to be a card-carrying union hard hat and I’m also one worked for and contributed to the Trump campaign in the Ohio primary and again in the general. W/O the union vote VSGDJT may have not won several key industrial states. And as I built power-plants, skyscrapers, drug production plants, to name a few y’all better hope I’m smarter than a bag of hammers.

A lot of us were at least smart enough to vote for the right guy regardless of what union “leadership” told us do do.

• CountryDoc says:

One of the things we must remember, is that the enemy WANTS to divide us. Our founders understood the importance of unity. It is no cooincidence that “Nationalism” is ridiculed by the left and by the Uniparty. What Globalism really means is forget your personal needs, your local community needs, Trust us and give us your money, your time, and all the power.

• Maquis says:

Doc, they want our minds too, and, if we prove recalcitrant or inconvenient, our very lives.
        Nationalism is the very soul of a nation, a nation is useless to its citizens without it, nay, a menace.

• Also, “remember propaganda.” In today’s world we are constantly exposed to many insidious forms of it that would likely solicit Herr Goebbel’s approval. Typecasting, tropes, “memes,” all sorts of [mass-] persuasion are now routinely used. So, in everything that we do online, we need to always be aware that “things are not always as they seem, nor as they would wish for themselves to be seen.” Keep eyes wide open and brain in gear, “in full Missouri/Skeptical mode.” 🙂

30. dogsmaw says:

Just to help you out a bit:

It gives you a direct explanation in the tweet, then provides a link to the article 😛

31. Pale rider says:

EEP oop ork ah ahhh, that means I love you. (From the jetsons cartoon). Yes I said it, ban me if you must.
    Just being sarcastic ( really though, I love you guys especially you Sundance)

32. AJ says:

Ok, thank you. I’ve been guilty. This is an excellent website!

33. mj_inOC says:

34. peachteachr says:

I remember the Saturday morning when Michael Brown was shot. This site popped all day long. I was in awe of the skills that my fellow Treepers possessed. Some measured distances from balconies that proved witnesses were not where they said they were. Others identified pieces of evidence in the street that made the media’s narrative impossible to push off on the public. Heck, we Treepers even made Eric Holder’s DOJ tell the truth.
    As the Trump Train grew in 2016, the comments section filled with new and energized supporters. I didn’t mind ceding my comments to their enthusiasm. They, the new voters/believers, pulled the train into the station that Nov. night.
    I come and read your posts but I don’t comment any longer. I do read through the comments every now and then. They’re filled with insults, finger pointing, and accusations, strange name calling and the obligatory high fives from their friends. I wonder what we could do if we used that same intelligence we used with “Big Mike” to further President Trump’s agenda. I think that Pres. Trump wins in 2020 but he’s going to need our best selves to do that. Democrats move as one and they have a plan. They always have a plan.
    I’m a glass half full type. We can all give our best with the skills we have. It’s time to go to work for our POTUS. As always, Carpe Diem, Treepers.

35. HillaryisGuilty says:

Staying on topic is a good thing overall. But can we tell jokes on these comments boards?

36. PageMarker says:

Never posted to this site so this is a bit of a test, apologies in advance. What is most impressive about CTH is primarily Sundance’s insights in both political and economic content. Next to that is the quality of posters’s comments, quite a relief from most other sites infiltrated by disrupters who would rather see our President fail than our Country succeed.