President Trump Delivers Announcement on Census – 5:00pm EST Livestream…

President Trump tweeted that he will discuss his latest efforts at including the citizenship question as part of the census. Two senior administration officials confirmed to CBS News that President Trump will announce an executive action to add the citizenship question to the 2020 census. The announcement is scheduled/anticipated for 5:00pm EST today.  U.S. Attorney General Bill Barr is expected to be in attendance.

UPDATE: Video Added

White House LivestreamFox News Livestream LinkCBSN Livestream Link

This entry was posted in AG Bill Barr, Big Government, Donald Trump, Illegal Aliens, Live Streaming, media bias, President Trump, Press Secretary - Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

434 Responses to President Trump Delivers Announcement on Census – 5:00pm EST Livestream…

1. Katherine McCoun says:

did you all hear at the very end when POTUS was leaving that the “reporters” were screaming out questions and saying why won’t POTUS talk to the press and then BOOM I hear some one loud and clear saying, He talked to US early this afternoon, the REAL news! hahahaha Must have been some from the social media summit putting corp news “journalists” in their place!
    Bahahaha

2. Coco Mama says:

Now, a database of legal vs illegal citizens including soc sec numbers will become a public record.
    Say there are 75 people using the same social security number of someone who is deceased…..the reveal will be a click away for people trying to get car loans, food stamps, credit cards, jobs etc. WOW!

• Coco Mama says:

E-verify on steroids.

• albertus magnus says:

Yeah, that is going to be implemented in 2 weeks. Trust the plan!

• Free Speech says:

Almost like . . . it was planned. Thank you, John, the Judicial Hack, Roberts for providing the justification. He he he.

• thesavvyinvester says:

Bingo Coco Mama, and which database of record, aka my guess is these use multiple. What if through DOT we find illegals w/ CDL’s, who are also on other forms of assistance. Speaking of other forms of assistance, where are they double dipping, that will show, along with addresses that are not legit, multiple families at said households that may not real. They really opened up a can if worms, theid revenge of FISAgate by using the deepstates data against themselves. My Scahdenfruede overflowith….

• Bogeyfree says:

So will this help catch anyone and I mean anyone who has fraudulently used a dead person’s SSN too??

Would it flag someone who was supposedly born in one state but their SSN sequence comes from another state?

Hmm………

Genius!

• steph_gray says:

By any chance do you happen to mean someone using a Connecticut number but supposedly born in Hawaii?

🤣

(And no I can’t verify that – but always wondered about it!)

• Judith says:

Years ago, there were reference books used in the financial sector, to verify not only the state that issued a social security number, but also the year in which it was issued. So, for instance, if a 20 year old possesses a number issued 50 years ago, that is a red flag.

Brand-new accounts were also vetted, with no activity permitted until references from
        prior accounts were verified.

Nowadays, migrants use check cashing places where anything goes!

• CM-TX says:

Do you mean just in recent decades? B/c even going back at least 30 years or more … parents didn’t automatically request SS#’s right after birth. I think I was 7 or 8 when I got mine. And what prompted it, was my grandparents wanting to purchase Savings Bonds for me. I also lived in a state different from my birth one by then. So # was assigned based upon state of residence when APPLYING. And NOT necessarily your state of BIRTH.

To make sure I wasn’t an anomaly, just asked hub (little older). He was around 8, & it was also after moving to a different state. We both had older siblings that got their’s at same time. None are associated with our actual birth states.

Also as far as my youngest child… it was still optional to request one on the Birth Certificate form (filled out after giving birth). I somehow missed checking that box. It was a year or two before I caught it, so went to take care of it in person at the local ssa. It was a fairly quick & painless process.

• fred5678 says:

ABSOLUTELY th4 best outcome — IRS has been denying record comparison with Soc. Sec. forever IIRC.

Expect YUGE reports of newly-discovered ID theft in coming weeks!!!!

3. burnett044 says:

I predict some splodey heads…and screaming at the sky tonite

4. Sayit2016 says:

The left is having a absolute meltdown over the EO on the census ! Is it wrong to laugh as hard as I am ???

Elections have consequences— that they do libs, that they do…

• delighteddeplorable says:

If this is wrong, I don’t wanna be right.
      🇺🇸😆😂😄🤣💃🤸‍♂️🇺🇸

• snarkybeach says:

NPR was trying to spin this as a Presidential defeat and the stock market just went up (no numbers.) If I was involved in this, the EIC figures would capture a lot of fraud.

• The Boss says:

So is CNBC.com where I went to check US market futures (they’re barely up now). Their headline in breaking news bar: “Trump abandons fight to put citizenship question on census, says data can come from existing records.”

Well if that’s the case, then there’s no reason to litigate and have some dirt bag federal judge enjoin the administration from complying with the executive order.

F***ing left in this country needs a good ass whipping. Let me know when we ride!

• snarkybeach says:

a record-breaking number and NPR shrugs and pivots to listing all of President Trump’s “defeats” (Obamacare, wall funding, census, 2018.)

5. WeThePeople2016 says:

• Kenji says:

Time to get the counts and the amounts !!!!

• bertdilbert says:

Between the SS admin and IRS they already have the info. Nobody will care about Muller testimony! AOC freak out over SS number being the same as Nazi SS and concentration camps and all that! Roll the fake tears after climbing into all white virgin outfit.

• Kenji says:

And NOW can we get some CRIME statistics … REAL statistics … about how many illegals commit crimes? And are incarcerated?

This INVASION … orchestrated by the Left … to destroy our country has got to END … NOW!! When you have the FREAKING Speaker of the House ERASING our borders and our sovereignty … on this very day … I’d say we’ve got a problem.

• Rileytrips says:

How many illegal aliens are using citizen’s SS# that are permanently disabled? Elderly? Minor children who haven’t entered the workforce? This will be interesting indeed!

• Justah says:

No doubt they “have the information” …… the main thing is that President Trump removed the Firewall between that information. Our Social Security numbers were stolen and used by Criminal aliens in California – it took us 2 years to straighten it out, while the IRS was threatening to put liens on our Property. After we finally convinced the IRS that WE were the owners of the Social Security Numbers – they gave us a CODE to include with all our returns … BUT they said the “rules” would not allow IRS to “communicate” with Social Security to Identify those who stole our Numbers and were using them for Refunds using the Earned Income “rules”.

President Trump just removed those Firewalls between ALL Federal Agencies so that numbers can show WHO is doing WHAT. Amazing — I’m convinced that this was the solution that Bill Barr suggested. It would take somebody who is aware of the Firewalls and the importance of removing them. It’s all Executive Branch – CHECK MATE.

6. sunnyflower5 says:

God Bless America 🇺🇸
    God Bless President Trump 🇺🇸

7. Magabear says:

So basically, due to John Roberts sucking at being a Supreme Court judge, PDJT will just use an even more comprehensive way of determining how many illegals are here. This makes ass clown Juan Williams unhappy, so it must be a great strategy by PDJT and AG Barr.

Did I sum this up accurately? 😉

8. Perot Conservative says:

Citizenship question a Go!?

And information / database sharing across departments!

Notice the spat between Veritas and some Liberal MSM hack? It sounded like the hack threatened him… and 2 conservative Africa Americans came to his defense! Classic.

• steph_gray says:

I just listened again. My take is that the question will not be on the census questionnaire, but in the final census result numbers, all the data will be included.

Barr also mentioned that there are ongoing legal attempts, undoubtedly in blue areas, to include illegals in counts for redistricting. But now that the number of illegals will be KNOWN as hard numbers – it will certainly affect the way those cases go.

And even if some districts in blue areas decide to count them – 1) I expect that will go back to the Supremes, and 2) the presidential 2020 election should not be adversely affected because red areas won’t. The attempts to make them purple with illegals are all suddenly useless.

Bottom line: Much more powerful and useful than the question would have been. Just my opinion obviously!

I do look forward to sundance’s take because he will spot problems quicker than a bunny.

• Kenji says:

Your opinion is 100% correct! MY President just moved the ‘question’ of citizenship from a self-reporting FORM … to a HARD DATA database. If I am understanding correctly.

• Maquis says:

Yup. There will be no subversive Communist campaign to thwart the census citizen question.

This is like a Federal Mole Hunt, in an exceedingly target-rich environment, with the full justification and power of enacting the Constitution itself.

Hmmm, wonder if the NSA could be involved?

• snarkybeach says:

the MSM HATES James O’Keefe. They belittle his efforts by calling his undercover videos edited and the info revealed as false.

9. albertus magnus says:

LOL.

At some point, you have to either laugh or cry.

IF people are unhappy, it is of his own doing.

Please, Mr. President, STOP stoking fires unnecessarily.

Focus on all of the miraculous accomplishments and efforts you have done for the US and stop the tick-tock, threats, unfulfilled promises. It does not serve you well.

Where is the EO you promised to issue regarding the border? Wasnt the 2 weeks up on 7/7? This isnt even an issue I care about but I DO care that you get re-elected…you are the best President of my lifetime.

Do what you need to do to MAGA but really, cut the crap.

• Free Speech says:

Restrain your impatience long enough to realize what he just did. He exchanged a citizenship number based upon a Census that respondents could simply lie on in regards to citizenship status for data already collected which people would have had no warning to take the precaution to lie on.

• steph_gray says:

Yes! You nailed it. Thanks.

• albertus magnus says:

Sounds good, I hope you are right. Not sure why he took the route he did that resulted in alienating some of those hardcore anti-immigration folks, but i guess the truth is that I dont see a plan behind all of this, i just see reactive manuvers.

But still love this man!

• Sometimes the surest criterion of whether you will achieve your goal is your ability to improvise and to think outside the box. Plans are good but you must be able to revise and to react on the fly.

• Athena the Warrior says:

So SICK of people like you who keep whining about immigration when Nancy Pelosi literally said she doesn’t believe in American sovereignty and that America is part of a global society. Sundance posted her presser about this earlier.

Short of PDJT becoming a dictator, what do you want him to do? He is doing everything he can under the CONSTITUTION that he can to protect the border so give me a freaking break about “hardcore anti-immigration folks.” I AM ONE OF THOSE HARDCORE ANTI-IMMIGRATION FOLKS. If I could Thanos snap my fingers, ALL illegals would be gone. The Constitution still comes first. PDJT is doing all that he can within it to protect our country.

How about laying the blame where it belongs – Congress, activist judges, Paul Ryan FFS!

• albertus magnus says:

Sweetie, I am not whining about immigration. I really dont get in an uproar over that issue.

What I cant stand is the constant tick-tocking and game playing.

People here are saying that the census question didnt matter anyway since illegals would lie. Absolutely agree with this, except for the symbolism.

My bigger questions is, that if the EO that was issued today actually accomplishes what some of you folks are claiming it does, why wasnt this issued 3 months ago when Barr was confirmed? Why was the plan, according to YOU, to pursue a meaningless question and NOT to take these steps that are being belatedly implemented TODAY?

Is it all just to play even more politics with this nonsense?

I dont like game playing. I like truth telling and MAGA implementation.

The rest is all chaff and counter measures or at least, counter productive.

In my MAGA, PDJT supporting heartfelt opinion.

• Athena the Warrior says:

Take up your tick tock issues with Hannity then. Just admit you want him to do like Obama did and govern by EO as opposed to the actual process which includes going through the courts.

How is this being implemented belatedly when census taking won’t happen until 2020? This is July of 2019. They already have access to the databases of the departments.

• amjean says:

Didn’t your grandmother tell you that “Rome wasn’t built in a day”?

• Ad rem says:

Knock if off with the “Sweetie” stuff…..

• yucki says:

I feel like I’m hearing to fragments of an old argument I missed.
                Who’s still arguing the “trust the plan/ tick-tock” thing?

More importantly, why?
                Who needs to rehash old wars?

• snarkybeach says:

NPR reporter (who’s been covering this for a while) said he was told they already had the data mined weeks ago.

• Mr e-man says:

It is illegal to lie or to not answer a question on a census.

Oh wait, laws only apply to citizens, not illegal immigrants. They are free to do as they please.

• texastrumper says:

For President Trump to be the best president in your lifetime, you sure do have a lot of disparaging comments about his decisions. If it is an issue that you don’t even care about, then why comment at all? My opinion is you are the one that needs to cut the crap.

10. sundance says:

• albertus magnus says:

I hope it happens and I hope it accomplishes what everyone is expecting it to. Seems to my poor brain that he could have issued this EO directing that this happen 2 years ago. Not really on board with the building up of expectations and then coming up a dollar short so frequently.

Still smarting over the declassification threat that went on for months that has been totally forgotten.

• steph_gray says:

He did not have AG Barr two years ago.

Plus, no one had yet tried to remove the question.

This may turn out to be the biggest vat of lemonade ever squeezed from a single lemon.

I really hope treepers will start giving our President and his AG the credit they deserve for this excellent strategy.

• jeans2nd says:

Read up on some economics, albertus, specifically Just-In-Time manufacturing. has been around for decades. Pres Trump applies economics to real-life situations, and it is working.
        We affectionately call it Winning.
        All the best, albertus.

• Dutchman says:

He DID try this, in a different way, when the kobasch commission tried to collect data, readily available to political parties and pollsters, from State election officials.
        Red States complied, Blue States refused. They are using every dirty trick in the book, to try to thwart him, its like,wrestling a 30’boa constrictor, in a vat of oil; very slippery, impossible to get ‘purchase’. But, he keeps plugging a way, like the energiser bunny.

• Jim Smith says:

Let the Blue states hold back their data.
          OK…. we won’t count you!!!

• Dutchman says:

Doesn’t matter, as this is an end run around that, too. He is talking about FEDERAL data bases.
            Food stamps now uses photo recognition software, to prevent double applying.
            I THINK that applies to applying for other, similar types of ‘public assistance’.
            I THINK illegals, as part of ‘processing’ before ‘catch and release’ are photographed ala photo recognition,…
            HearwhatI’m sayin,…..?

• Rhoda R says:

Now that would be nice. Do they also take photos of the kids? I’ve heard that the same kid may be counted in three or four different families to boost the welfare checks.

• Daniel M. Camac says:

Dutchman, I hear what you’re saying and it brings JOY to my ears! Just when I think VSGPDJT is stymied, he puts on his cape and BAM! BOOM! KAZOOM! We got a work around. Hat tips to AG Barr and my fav Wilburine (stolen from Sundance)!
              What’s that noise…..are they rats scurrying? haha

• NC Patriot says:

BLUE/RED states have NO control over Federal data from IRS, Commerce, DHS etc—and that date identifies states and localities. If I live in a certain county and they know how many citizens are there——–and the vote count far exceed the citizens——–that voting can be contested, for example.

• rustybritches says:

guess you were not listening yesterday when they said that because of the investigations going on by the AG Barr and the other man he chose from Conn They are putting some of this information before a grand jury and then we will see where it all goes.
        We all understand waiting gets tough but most of us believe that PT is doing the best he can do and when he gets stopped one way he finds a way to go around threw or over the top and finally wins so never give up never give in and we will win win win..

• Kenji says:

Just WAIT until all the Deep State clerks REFUSE to give the information … and even attempt to destroy it or confuse it … anyone doing any such thing should be summarily fired … on the spot.

11. ezpz2 says:

This sounds good!
    My initial cynicism may have been premature.
    Humble apologies.

12. teaforall says:

Like A Boss
    Luv My President

13. Ken Maritch says:

HA!, MSNBC CHYRON “Trump Caves on Census.”
    They can’t spin this…. they lost this one biggly.

14. wwwrobotC says:

HAHAHA, take you outside, playboy journalist

15. Bogeyfree says:

The point is they can’t get the census down and through the court system in time.

It still comes back to the 2020 election where MAGA must win back the house and hold the senate so the immigration laws can be strengthened and changed.

The outrage when the voters learn mostly likely before the Nov election that there could be 10, 20, 30 or even 40M illegals in this country and if all 40M get on average 10k annually in free financial support paid by the citizens then this is the number that these illegals suck out of our country ever year!

40,000,000 x $10,000 = $400,000,000,000

Think about them apples when that number is tweeted out by the President!

IMO if used properly by this President and assuming he can get the number BEFORE the Nov 2020 election, this could be a very powerful eye opener to all citizens.

Imagine how many roads, bridges could be fix or replaced

Imagine how man homeless Americans this could feed and shelter

Imagine how many elderly citizens and veterans this could help

Imagine how much more investment in Main Street and thus jobs and manufacturing this could provide.

Imagine if this money went to paying down our debt

Imagine if this money went to improving healthcare for all citizens.

Get a true count Mr. President and then shock and awe this country with the amount of money we are wasting on non citizens.

Win back the House and Senate and then we can finally fix the immigration system so until then use this to create more awareness and more anger by what our worthless Dems and RINO’s have been to this country.

• Judith says:

Your estimate is far too conservative. Food, clothing, public housing, education and medical expenses far exceed 10k per person annually.

In my school district alone, each student costs at least 20k per year, and special education is triple that! 10k wouldn’t even cover one child in the school district, let alone everything else they need.

The costs of supporting these illegal, border jumping leeches is immense! And they feel entitled to spend other people’s money because they are socialists. The disconnect being that *failed* socialism is the main reason for the exodus from their own sh!thole countries in the first place!

• Dutchman says:

Bogeyfree,
      Agree with all but “win BACK the House and Senate”; WE haven’t HAD the House or Senate, in our lifetimes, but we DO need to get a MAGA majority, in BOTH Houses,…its either that, or burn the building to the ground, and salt the earth./s
      Oh, and while IN Session, and lock the doors, first./sx2

• Sentient says:

MAGA must also win back the House so that apportionment can be done by a GOP Congress in accordance with the 14th amendment’s reference to citizens. Even a census that had included the citizenship question wouldn’t have been any use in reapportionment if Congress wanted to do it based upon mere denizenship.

16. Nick The Deplorable says:

Barr: ” That information will be useful for countless purposes, as the President explained in his remarks today. For example, there is a current dispute over whether illegal aliens can be included for apportionment purposes.”

17. MakeAmericaGreat says:

Good work here.

Does anyone think that illegal aliens were actually going to admit to census workers that they were illegal aliens?

This sounds like a better remedy, but it technically satisfies the lefties as they have no official question on the census.

• albertus magnus says:

So are you saying that the Administration thought they would answer it honesrly but decided they wouldnt answer it truthfully, so they dropped the fight? If that was a good reason to drop the fight, it seems to me that it was a good reason to not pursue it to begin with. He could have taken the path he announced today from the beginning.

What am I missing?

• rvsueandcrew says:

The fun of beating Lefties at their own game? They were soooooo sure they had POTUS stymied. He waits until the fake news headlines are up and the gloating has started. Hahahaha!

• Rhoda R says:

I wonder how many swarmy MSM heads were trumpeting the idea that the President backed down before what he had in mind was known? PDJT seems to do a lot of that these days and the left jumps in feet first every time. One of the reasons why I wasn’t going wail and throw ashes over my head over this until I’d heard what the President actually had in mind. He really IS a genius.

• You are missing the secret sauce. Plans are great and hindsight is 20/20 bit in real life you know where you want to wind up and you have an understanding of various paths that will get you there. As you encounter an obstacle you pivot and utilize a different path to the goal. Sometimes it is necessary to feint so your opponents don’t close down the best avenues but focus where you are drawing their attention.

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

Administration wanted it on the census, for sure. But that wasn’t possible, and yet they may have ended up with the better practical solution.

Different ways to skin a cat, as the saying goes. The fallback option may prove better than the initial, direct method.

• Rhoda R says:

I think it will provide a more accurate count and that is the important thing. As well as highlighting the extent of welfare fraud and identity theft.

• Dutchman says:

albertus,
        One word; POLITICS.
        The Dems are ‘out there’, very publically critisising PDJT for wanting to put a long asked question on the census, that is supported by majority of Americans, including latinos, and (Dems) fighting it every way they can.

THEN, with this announcement, he disheartens their weirdo supporters by showing all was for nought, he has an even BETTER way to get the info, thst lawfare can’t block, nor can Congress.

And, has people wondering WHY are Dems fighting this common sense idea, so hard.

The more he can hang the albatoss of open borders advocates around Dems necks, going into 2020, thr bigger the margin of victory, for PDJT.

• albertus magnus says:

I hope he is reading the electorate correctly then. If this is all about politics that is the only thing that makes any sense because from a policy-crafting perspective, it strikes me as what should have been ordered and implemented a while ago so it could withstand the anticipated court challenges. Surely people in the administration should have thought of that.

We will see. I hope it is allowed to be implemented.

• Rhoda R says:

President Trump may not have realized that was an option before. Barr has come up with some surprises of his own and this may have been an idea that he surfaced. Didn’t the President indicate that Barr had a legal workaround?

• Maquis says:

The Left would have gone insane on such a “witch hunt” by the Feds. However, now it MUST be done because the Left themselves forced them to take this route in order to comply with a Constitutional directive. As such, they cannot block it.

• ThisWeDefend says:

Al,
        I strongly suspect that POTUS fully expected adding the ‘Question’ to be lawfare’d, ad infinitum, and even welcomed it. After all, because, well because, that’s what proglasites knee-jerk with everything he attempts. They are nothing if not predictable…almost Pavlovian. Citizens are clearly seeing them for who they really are.
        This EO was probably his actual strategy from the Git-Go, since it will provide hard data…not the “did they lie” Census responses. But the administration hammered away at the ‘Question’ all the way up until 11th hour, anyway.
        In the military, we call such an operation a feint.
        TWD

• Black Irish Rose says:

Can you imagine what an interesting read P45’s presidential memoirs are going to be??? I mean, next to the Bible, they should be the second best selling book(s) of all time.

18. WeThePeople2016 says:

• meadowlarkspring says:

Ahead of court ruling, Census Bureau seeks citizenship data
      By GARANCE BURKE and FRANK BAJAK
      March 7, 2019

-snip-

As the U.S. Supreme Court weighs whether the Trump administration can ask people if they are citizens on the 2020 Census, the Census Bureau is quietly seeking comprehensive information about the legal status of millions of immigrants.

Under a proposed plan, the Department of Homeland Security would provide the Census Bureau with a broad swath of personal data about noncitizens, including their immigration status, The Associated Press has learned. A pending agreement between the agencies has been in the works since at least January, the same month a federal judge in New York blocked the administration from adding the citizenship question to the 10-year survey.

-snip-

• permiejack says:

That list looks like a who’s who of the swamp. There will be a strong backlash that I can also envision eventually being decided by the Supreme Court.

• Maquis says:

On what grounds?

• permiejack says:

The backlash will of course come from the Dems. Whatever they think will get the most traction. Whether privacy laws, using agencies databases for other than what were intended for.

I’m not a real good prognosticator for what slant they will take but I know they will take umbrage on something.

• Rhoda R says:

Other information that will surface will be the number of career bureaucrats who will try to slow-roll the data gathering. Fortunately, most of it is digital these days with multiple back ups.

• mom4tomic says:

What about the Department of Education?

• yucki says:

add “Alexa”

19. Bogeyfree says:

So I wonder if the President can show to the American public that there are up to possibly 40M Illegals in the country and assuming he wins in Nov 2020 can they petition to redo the census since close to 10% of the country is illegal so a new census must be done in 2021??

20. Nick The Deplorable says:

Drudge removed the link from abc stating the President is caving on the census.

21. WeThePeople2016 says:

22. ristvan says:

Well, I tried to call it and got it sorta less than half right. But wow for our VSGPDJT resolution. He has a great legal team working on his behalf.

Barr did step up in the Rose Garden as predicted, and did say PDJT would win on merits—but not in the legislated time frame. I got time frame (as a total outsider) wrong.

PDJT did call out the courts as predicted, providing him a major 2020 election issue. Check.

Neither Barr nor PDJT went into the legal details. OK, since most could not understand what I might. Right, PDJT genius and my limitations. A Presidents view, period.

Finally, he will do an Executive branch, court immune (although lawsuits will try) assemblage of most of the same information from pre-existing contemporaneous federal data. Brilliant. As just one example, IRS 1040 implicitly asks a citizenship question when demanding SSN if you have one. Now, no individual IRS 1040 can lawfully be provided PDJT. BUT, the aggregate statistical sum of retipurns with/without can—by county within state, by state. Just checked and saw no legal prohibitions.

PDJT is the master improvisor. Got a SVOTUS roadblock here, we take that detour over there to the objective. He always wins, his opponents always lose. Thatbis now he built his billions in Manhatten real estate. Good presidential training.

23. I’m thinking this is what President Trump was aiming to do all along! Love my President!!

24. labrat says:

This reminds me of the story of the problem with the ballroom. Everyone insisted that they needed a bigger ballroom. Trump went in and changed the furniture. That’s why I love you Mr. President. ❤

25. Perot Conservative says:

Huh? Ar a coffee shop … I thought I heard we get NOTH.

A Census question, and Federal agencies sharing database information.

BTW, one example might be – how many people have a ITIN Number. ” The only acceptable alternative to a Social Security number is an individual Taxpayer Identification number, known as an ITIN”.

So we get to do away with the 12 million illegal aliens fallacy?

One Result: less House seats in California and the Southwest (Texas, New Mexico?)?

26. fred5678 says:

I’ll simplify this White House announcement for Russia hoax-numbed lefties:

POTUS to Congress and SCOTUS — Keep your slimy hands off my Executive branch!!!!

27. getfitnow says:

I posted this article in the POTUS thread, but it bears repeating, imo.

FTA – Common sense without courage gets you nowhere. President Trump also has uncommon courage. He loves to be loved, but if you are in the opponents’ camp, he doesn’t give a damn about what you think of him. His big ego, for which he gets so much flak, enables him to focus on his goal, laughing at the screaming and hysteria around him. They just make it more fun and satisfying to win.

28. Firefly. says:

Great that we get the statistics one way or another. I think when the numbers come out even the left is not going to be happy with their representatives putting illegals and non citizens above the dem citizen voters. Likewise the right rhinos will have to decide and explain to the voters just who they represent. The statistics will hopefully cause the citizen voters to realize the implications to their representation.

29. Bogeyfree says:

Won’t this also more quickly identify who is here illegally and who has over purposely missed their asylum hearing and thus PT could very quickly deport these folks??

If so, Thank you John Roberts!

30. El Torito says:

Hopefully this can be used to scrub voter rolls in all 57 states. Next establish a hotline. Pay $100 per person. Nice little income incentive for citizens and it will keep the economy humming.

31. snellvillebob says:

I hope President Trump ordered the agencies to rush the release of that information before the globalists can file a lawsuit.

32. Summer says:

“Provided immediately.”

If only. The Resistance will find a way to resist and delay.

I shall rejoice only when it is reported BY THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION that all the requested data have been submitted.

33. WeThePeople2016 says:

34. For Eyes says:

A key Dem goal is to avoid the use of citizenship in House seat apportionment.

Barr referenced that.

Expect immediate lawsuit challenging the process of using data gathered by means other than the census for that purpose.

At every turn, Plan A is obstruct and delay, and run out the clock. It worked nicely in asking the question on the census. If I were a betting man, I’d bet and bet large that it will work again with this. Citizenship counts will not be used in House seat apportionment

• C says:

Then why would Barr and Trump waste their own time? Why would they wait this late to do this? It must have been strategic on their part to request a census then act stupidifed by the Dem response, only to deliver this strategy this late and now.

They can’t injunction accessing of readily available data. Sure, some heads of the departments may “resist” but at the end of the day, they can lose their jobs for failure to comply with a boss’ orders. I don’t see how they can get away with just not delivering the data.

But then again, everything is so broken and unaccountable who knows. But I’d wonder why would Trump/Barr/Ross wait and waste their own time doing it this way?

• For Eyes says:

1) Politics. First rule is to never admit defeat. Lawfare beat them on this one. They have to put a good face on it.

2) As improbable as it might be, who knows, they might win out and actually get to use the data in apportionment. It costs Trump nothing to try.

• C says:

Well that’s depressing and sobering. Seems any bureaucrat failing to deliver this data on time can simply be fired however. It’s a direction request from above, directly to departments. I can’t imagine how they can tangle that up in courts. You’ll just fire all these useless bureaucrats. Double win.

I’m still under the opinion that the shutdown was a means to fire a lot of department heads under the cloud of this border fight. Seems like a classic corporate headroll move.

If that was the plan, then maybe they already have the necessary people in the departments to actually execute their request.

Why do you feel it’s so improbable?

• For Eyes says:

That’s easy

Lawfare will initiate suits halting the data collection in several different courts. They will pick their favorite judges / districts. Then everything will be slow-walked through the suits. If they lose, they appeal. Somewhere along the way they will get one of the judges to issue an injunction against collection while the suit is in process.

If they lose all of that, they begin the same process only against the use of the data in apportionment.

Their aim isn’t to win in court. Their aim is to run out the clock so that all apportionment deadlines are missed.

Which is exactly what happened with the census question. Trump won in court, but too late on the clock.

This isn’t tough. EVERY single issue is hit with suits, appeals, injunctions, and then fresh suits. Its just about running out the clock and wearing everyone down. Time after time.

Why should this be different?

• C says:

Because this is not a constitutional issue in regards to a census question. As well as the fact that the data already exists within the departments (they literally run on and formulate budgets/appropriations/hiring practices) based on this data. This is a chain of command issue.

What would they sue under? What auspices? A boss contacts another head of a department and says “I need this data by X date.” The data doesn’t arrive on X date. The head is fired and immediately replaced…or the higher-up accesses the data themselves personally. There is no law under which that data cannot be mined or audited. It’s already there. This would just mean mass layoffs for anyone and everyone doesn’t comply with an order from above.

What suits would you raise to halt data collection? Improper firing? The data is already collected. It’s sitting on computers already.

• Maquis says:

Maybe because most of the work is already done?

35. WeThePeople2016 says:

• WeThePeople2016 says:

36. StanH says:

Well, well. The Big Guy has found a work around. Tee-hee…

37. Michael D says:

Oooooh, Take a Greyhound Bus ride from the District of Criminals to the city LOs Angels.
    Come out of your sheltered lives true Citizens de Estados Unidos, platillos en el volantes!!!

38. C says:

Gorka gets in a scuffle with fake news MSM propagandist. Little scuffle breaks out in Rose Garden (warning: volume is messed up on this) . Timecoded below

39. Slowkid says:

If the bureaucrats fail to comply. Fire them.

40. Dani TX says:

Wonder how this will effect TX? We have been inundated with illegals. Will TX lose US Representatives, as well as FL? Probably will be offset by California? Just a question. I am totally in favaor but I’m afraid of what the ramifications will be for red states.

• Perot Conservative says:

Can we legally use the data to affect the Congressional representation?

On the low end, California probably has 5 Million illegal immigrants. I’ve heard some estimate up to 10 Million.

• Glass Onion says:

California, where I live, could lose a lot in the heavily populated cities and environs, LA and south, and the SF Bay Area, all of which have large minority, primarily Hispanic and Asian. populations. There are a lot of illegals in the bunch.

• Mr e-man says:

The vote for Red states will be the same as for Blue states. Counting illegals for Congressional proportioning amounts to sanctuary state voters votes counting more than a non sanctuary state voter because they also get to cast a vote for an illegal. A Red state voter is then left with the equivalent of a 3/5ths vote. Also known as voter disenfranchisement.

41. Bogeyfree says:

I can’t wait for them to run EVERYONE’s SSN.

I wonder what happens when one comes back as that number was issued to someone who has been dead for decades??

42. Quint says:

You mean the Don refuses to allow the un-elected marxists in the Judiciary to run the USA?
    Go you good thing.

43. Freedom is not free says:

This is all about the massive voter fraud the left is gearing up for in 2020. A preemptive citizen count will show the number of dead people, aliens (i.e, the CORRECT and FEDERALLY DEFINED legal term for a non-citizen or foreign national), and others that will vote in 2020. And, when Blue districts report more votes than citizens in 2020, POTUS will have prima facie evidence of voter fraud and the districts where it occurs. Simply brilliant and much more accurate than the census. Every time the left tries to corners DJT, he comes back with a Plan B strategy that is even better than Plan A.

44. Perot Conservative says:

Can this data from various departments, be used to adjust the census or Congressional representation?

• President Trump said the data will be utilized to get a more accurate census, that it will be used in concert with the questionnaires.

• Dutchman says:

I THINK I heard Barr say that is still being litigated, or disputed, not sure.
      He talked about it, perhaps view again?

• Barr stated that whether or not an ILLEGAL person (instead of just citizens) can be included in the count for apportionment will be litigated. That they will be counted via them giving their info to Federal Agencies will not. Of course, the libs will try to say that a census can only be done with a stamp and an envelope or people walking door-to-door. None of this fancy technology should be allowed because its racist.

• Dutchman says:

And that issue is one I’m not confident about, frankly. The pro-illegal argument will be that the,Constitution says count PERSONS, without regard to legality. And they will say that,since these persons ARE living in the U.S., using govt. services, paying taxes etc. that they are ‘entitled’ to representation.
          I don’t agree, of coarse but I wouldn’t bet any $ on what the,Roberts court will decide.

45. ElGato says:

Wait until American citizens find out that a population equal to or greater than California is here illegally and is used to apportion our representatives throughout the states. Then there’s the money and resources they STEAL…
    Brilliant move, VSGPDJT!

46. Bigly says:

Check out this headline: trump ends his fight to add citizenship question to the census, MSM painting this as a loss

47. Quint says:

The most dangerous judgement ever from SCOTUS (Roberts) is that Government has to “justify” what is clearly within the Government’s power to do.
    So the Court gets two bites at power: it’s “legal” but we can still run policy by now requiring it be “justified” to comply with the Court’s left majority political narrative.
    Shocking.

• C says:

Maybe Roberts got a call from one of Epstein’s people to make that ludicrous judgement. And maybe in an ideal world, that’s why we’re talking about Epstein in the news right now. Ha. A boy can dream.

48. thesavvyinvester says:

Like adding a solarium for 10 extra floors via reading NY code, yes brilliant, luv him more each day.

49. stats_guy says:

The MSM is trying to paint this as a victory for the socialist lawfare party. However the socialists themselves are pretty bitter, and no doubt consulting with their lawfare operators as we speak. The stakes are high, with the socialists now saying out loud that the new green deal is a total re-ordering of our economy (wow, a little honesty for a change)

California, aka our third world state, will certainly fight double hard to keep their socialist privileges

Sadly, I think the final say will be with John Roberts, who seems to enjoy issuing diktat. But this shows how seditious the RINO party really is in that no one has lifted a finger to try to catch illegals engaging in ID theft. Maybe now illegals will start paying a price.

Lawlessness is not a good look.

14th amendment
    Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed.

—-But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice-President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.—

…so there you go Justice Roberts, abridged…citizens have been abridged….diminished

• C says:

Roberts is going to step down. He’s pulled too many curveballs at this point. Whatever is going on with him is too apparent for the heat he is receiving within his own ranks. At least that’s what I’d hope. He’s pulled two huge counterpunches (and many smaller ones) for the globalist regime over the years. His task is done. I’d anticipate his retirement after 2020. If I was a gambling man. And a praying one.