President Trump Impromptu Presser Departing New Jersey (Video and Transcript)…

Chopper pressers are the best pressers.  Sunday evening as President Trump is departing New Jersey en route back to the White House he delivers remarks to the press pool and answers questions: [Video and Transcript]

[Transcript] – Morristown, New Jersey – THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. We’ve had great economic numbers that came out. You saw that over the weekend; you saw it on Friday. We have just spectacular economic numbers. We’re doing better than any nation on the planet. And we’re very honored by that.

In addition to which, we’re paying interest rates, which the previous administration essentially didn’t pay. So we’ve had tremendous numbers coming out and that’s a big thing. Our economy is doing incredibly.

I want to congratulate the women’s soccer team on winning the World Cup. That’s an incredible achievement. It was a very exciting game. I got to see a little bit of it. And they’re great players, and it’s a great honor to have them capture it for the United States — fourth time — and that’s a tremendous thing. So congratulations to the team on the World Cup.

And if you have any questions, go ahead.

Q Iran says it’s going to start enriching and breaking the Iran deal. What do you say to that?

THE PRESIDENT: Iran better be careful because you enrich for one reason — and I won’t tell you what that reason is, but it’s no good. They better be careful.

Q Mr. President, do you have a reaction to the British ambassador’s comments that were reported about today?

THE PRESIDENT: No, I haven’t seen it. But, you know, we’ve had our little ins and outs with — with a couple of countries. And I would say that the UK and the ambassador has not served the UK well, I can tell you that. We’re not — we’re not big fans of that man, and he has not served the UK well. So I can understand it. And I can say things about him, but I won’t bother.

Q On the census — any decision on the census and what you’ll do?

THE PRESIDENT: Yeah, we’re moving ahead with the census. They’re spending $15 billion or some ridiculous amount of money on a census. I don’t know why we can’t do that through the computers of the world because, frankly, that’s the way you can do a census today and probably a lot more accurately.

But they’re spending 15 to 20 billion dollars on a census. They’re asking everything, except “Are you a citizen of the United States?” How ridiculous is that? So we are moving forward; we have a couple of avenues. And our Attorney General is doing a fantastic job, in many ways, and I think he’s got it under control.

Q What about a presidential memorandum? What about a presidential memorandum on the border?

THE PRESIDENT: We can do a memorandum. We can do an executive order. We’re looking at different things, but there are other alternatives. And, again, I believe our Attorney General — he’s a fantastic man and I think he’s got it very well under control.

Q Mr. President, can I ask you, sir, about the border — in particular, the conditions there?

THE PRESIDENT: Yeah, I think the New York Times story is a hoax. I think anything the New York Times writes nowadays –they’re — they’re really — you know, they use the word “unhinged” — the New York Times. I call it the “failing New York Times” for a reason. Check out their unfunded liability and see what they’re worth. They’re a failing — they’re already a failed New York Times.

But when they write a story like that, I went to my people, and they said, “Sir, it’s not true.” We told them about a crisis. They said it was “manufactured.” They laughed and they scoffed for months, and then it turned out that it wasn’t manufactured. It’s a crisis. We were right about that.

We told them that the detention centers are really full, and they’ve got to change the loopholes and they have to change asylum; they have to change the immigration laws. We could do it quickly, but we have no votes to do it because the Democrats won’t vote. We need some of their votes.

But the New York Times story is a fabrication. Now, I look at things in the — I saw, visually — I had people there that told me the job that they are doing is incredible. And, in all cases, if you look — people that came from unbelievable poverty — that had no water, that had no anything where they came from — those are people that are very happy with what’s going on because, relatively speaking, they’re in much better shape right now.

The Border Patrol and all of the law enforcement that’s working on the border — it’s incredible what they’re doing. They’ve had to become nurses. They’ve had to become janitors. They’ve had to become things that they were never trained to do, all because the Democrats refuse to change the loopholes and the asylum laws, the immigration laws. So I think it’s a disgrace.

And the New York Times is basically a partner with the Democrats, the way I look at it. They should never be allowed to write stories like that. It’s a disgrace.

Q Did the numbers fall in June (inaudible)?

THE PRESIDENT: Yeah, the numbers are going down because Mexico is doing a lot. Mexico is building up to over 20,000 soldiers at the border, so the numbers are going down. Yes.

Q Do you believe female athletes should be paid as much as their male counterparts?

THE PRESIDENT: I would like to see that. And you also have to look at numbers because, when you look at World Cup soccer, that’s one thing, and you also have to look at soccer professionals out there. You have to see who’s taking in what.

So I don’t know what those numbers are. I would like to see that. But, again, you have to look at the great stars of the men’s soccer and the great stars of the women’s soccer, and you have to see, year round, how are they all drawing — what’s the attendance for women’s soccer outside of World Cup. But I would like to see it, yes.

Q Mr. President, do have any comment on Jeffrey Epstein, who was charged?

THE PRESIDENT: No, I don’t know about it. That I don’t know about.

Q Will you invite the women’s team to the White House?

THE PRESIDENT: What?

Q Will you invite the women’s team to the White House — the soccer team?

THE PRESIDENT: We haven’t really thought about it. We will look at that, certainly.

Yeah, Jeff.

Q When you said earlier that Iran should “be careful,” what are you thinking about, in terms of a response?

THE PRESIDENT: Iran is doing a lot of bad things. And remember this: The Obama agreement, which was the most foolish agreement that you’ll ever find — it expires in a very short period of time. So whether you have this conversation now or in a number of years from now — a few number of years — it’s a very important conversation, except, the way they want it, they would have automatic right to have nuclear weapons. Iran will never have a nuclear weapon.

Thank you very much.

Q (Inaudible) this week on China — Ambassador Lighthizer and Secretary Mnuchin, I guess, would they meet with the Chinese this week?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, we’re doing very well with China. That’s right; they’re meeting. But we’re — most importantly, we’re doing very well with the tariffs. We’re taking in billions and billions of dollars from China. We’ve never taken in ten cents from China. China has ripped us off during Obama and Biden; during, in all fairness, Bush and other Presidents; and Clinton, obviously.

And right now China is not very happy because thousands of companies are leaving China and they’re going to other places, including the United States, because they don’t want to pay tariffs. And the other thing is, China is paying the tariff. They’re devaluing their currency and they’re pumping money in. That’s paying for the tariff. Our people have not been paying for the tariff.

Thank you.

Q Do you have any problem with the Fed then, with regard to what they should do?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, if the Fed knew what it was doing, they would lower rates and they would stop quantitative tightening.

If you look at Europe, what they’re doing is they’re pumping money in and they’re having rates lowered so they can compete with us. Just remember, the European Union was set up in order to compete with the United States. Okay? And when they have a man — Draghi — if you look at what he’s done, I mean, he’s made them somewhat competitive. Now, despite everything, they’re not doing well and we’re doing great. Europe is not doing well at all. They’re doing great.

But we’re put in an unfair playing field when they cut interest rates and when they pump in a lot of money. And we’re doing just the opposite; we’re taking money out and interest rates have gone up.

If the Fed didn’t do what it did or if it did even half, we would have a Dow that would be — as good as it is; we’re doing so good — but we would have a Dow that would be anywhere from 5- to 10,000 points higher.

Q Is Jerome Powell’s job safe, sir?

Q Mr. President, will you visit the migrant detention center in Clint, Texas — the one in the New York Times story?

THE PRESIDENT: What we’re going to do is I’m going to start showing some of the detention centers because — to the press. I want the press to go in and see them. And I just spoke to Mark Morgan. And I just spoke with, as you know, Kevin.

So we’re going send people in. We’re going to have some of the press go in and see them, because they’re crowded and we’re the ones who were complaining about they’re crowded. They’re crowded because people come up. But, now, thanks to Mexico, it’s slowing down greatly, and I think you’ll start seeing some very good numbers. But it is crowded. But we want to have the press go in and see because, you know, the New York Times — it really is fake news.

Thank you everybody.

Q Is Jerome Powell’s job safe, sir?

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much everybody.

[End Transcript]

This entry was posted in Big Government, Donald Trump, media bias, President Trump, Press Secretary - Trump. Bookmark the permalink.

45 Responses to President Trump Impromptu Presser Departing New Jersey (Video and Transcript)…

1. The Boss says:

Smart shutdown of the open-ended Epstein question. THAT is how one handles the press.

2. Tiffthis says:

Why show anyone the detention centers? They will all talk smack anyway. Eff the press

3. wlbeattie says:

I love YOUR POTUS!

Imagine if every Western country had a leader like President Donald J Trump!

Now that would be a real revolution!

4. gringz says:

I’ve been reading the comments on the You Tube channel. 90% positive. People saying things like “This isn’t the person that the media tells me he is”. “I didn’t vote for you in 2016 but I will vote for you in 2020”. “When I vote for the first time in 2020, I will vote for you. “

5. A2 says:

“And, again, I believe our Attorney General — he’s a fantastic man and I think he’s got it very well under control.”

President Trump said it twice,

• TradeBait says:

That tells me some measure of justice is coming. He knows.

• Judith says:

I’d like to think that POTUS has Deep State in a vise grip, much like the Chinese: Heads we win, tails they lose. Not sure how he’s doing it, but I trust that he is. Trump has already confided that he prefers the element of surprise when engaging the enemy.

• Donald says:

@Judith:
        I’m almost entirely convinced, at this early juncture, that this Epstein prosecution has
        Donald Trump as its target.
        The first Russia Hoax could have been named: ‘The Three Stooges go to Russia!’
        This Epstein Hoax could be named: ‘The Three Stooges go to Mar-a-Lago!’

6. meadowlarkspring says:

The recent leaks of the British ambassador’s sentiments are not his first memo to leak regarding President Trump. There was a leak early in 2017 of one of his memos.

• Newt Love says:

That bleeding Brit, Kim Darroch, needs to call an waaambulance. Donald Trump was not put on earth to play little ambassador Kimmy Daroch’s game of protocol that gets nothing done.

“Trump ruffles feathers,” whined Daroch in his private cables. Too bad, little cry baby! PDJT is focused on getting things done. Stupid Daroch is focused on maintaining the status quo while he asks for more “sweet and sour shrimp.”

7. digleigh says:

And we are supposed to listen with baited breath about what Great Britain thinks of our President? The coup plotters? The GCHQ (Hannigan brigades)? The Sir Andrew Wood (ambassador to Russia/on Renaiisance Capital(kremlin connected bank) board which gave Bill Clinton 500,000 around time of uranium one, as he met Putin at his house?) dossier trafficker? or Misfud, or the Fabian boys?? What a JOKE!!! We care not, and the fact that it is leaking now, just proves our suspicians, and tells me they are worried!!LOL! Queen mom is investigating this leak, so good luck , guys! She wants CYA!!

8. Publius2016 says:

Equal Pay was answered perfectly…do they draw year round?

union wants subsidized “Women Sports”

• Judith says:

Let’s get real: Will trannies save “women’s” sports? News at eleven. /s. But seriously, didn’t the boys squad beat the US women’s world cup champs in a scrimmage? C’mon man!

• yy4u says:

Rant coming, so beware.

I was an original feminist in the 1960’s when women TRULY were denied certain jobs and/or opportunities. All we wanted was a shot at a job and equal pay for the work. We did not want favors. We did not want to be patronized and paid for what we didn’t do.

That was it. Equality. Not special treatment. I know I can’t run a jackhammer but with training I probably could fly a jet. I know I can’t carry a 200 lb man out of a burning building, but with a shot at going to medical or law shcool I could be a doctor or a lawyer.

I am infuriated that these ditzes have turned real feminist issues into a patronizing joke. Poor little dears are having a hissy fit so we have to give them their way. Toromanure!!!! Little dears like I was in the 60’s could take care of ourselves if given the opportunity. We didn’t need your damned patronization thank you very much.

Equal pay for equal work didn’t mean the same pay for less work.

Example: Female tennis players bitched and carped and complained and whined and bawled about not receiving the same prize money in tennis tournaments as the men in majors. Wimbledon is going on right now. As always the system caved. The dames receive the same prize money for playing the best two out of three sets as the men who play three out of five sets. How is that equality!

Besides, the women are just plain boring to watch. I played women’s tennis at the club level and I absolutely LOVE tennis, love playing tennis. I even liked to watch my peers play. But on the pro level, the women just aren’t there.

My husband and I are huge tennis fans. He still plays; I can’t because of back issues (that probably came from playing tennis!) We love it. We watch when we can. Well, a proviso. We watch the MEN when we can. Women’s professional tennis is IN OUR OPINION a gigantic BORE. But no matter. Tennis Channel, ESPN and the major networks give women AT LEAST half the air time. WHICH MEANS WE CHANGE THE CHANNEL. And I’ll bet if they would admit it, most people do.

Because of affirmative action for women, I, a roaring feminist in the 1960’s who took a lot of flack for my view, am fed up with whining carping women.

I’ve been waiting to rant about not being able to watch great tennis because the darned networks are patronizing the ladies by making them think people want to see them play.
      Look at the stands if you want to see how popular women’s tennis is. Maybe not at the majors but certainly at the lessor tournaments. Women playing, stands nearly empty. I know if I were going to a tennis tournament, if the women were playing, I’d go out to a good dinner or a movie. I wouldn’t sit on a hard bench watching boring tennis.

I suspect soccer fans feel the same.

There. Rant over!

• Retired USMC says:

If you want to watch females in action against men, and kick butt, tune into an NHRA race sometime…..There are some really great women drag racers…my daughter included.

• That’s a big 10-4 on women in drag racing! I applaud your daughter and all like her. I will root for her even moar now… knowing her dad is a retired Marine Treeper whom I respect & who’s service I appreciate immensely.

• Publius2016 says:

x1000

Exactly…how many watch WNBA??? Women’s World Cup doesn’t draw 2 billion viewers….moreover, look at the “competitive countries”? once again, this is all about subsidizing “women sports” with GOVERNMENT MONEY! SJWs want a law…WNBA Players want NBA Money too!

• Matthew LeBlanc says:

I was watching Federer this weekend and did notice the constant harping on and on about woman’s tennis and how fortunate I was to be watching Wimbledon after they became so woke. Gets freaking old this infestation of identity into every freaking thing I enjoy.

• mr. deacon says:

I supported women’s equality in the workplace and still do. Today’s feminist movement is a move toward Communism, which to the instigators of this tribe and the rest, equality means communist equality. The entire complete list of scams and frauds of group identity politics over individuality is a move toward destruction of everyone’s individual rights. Government control. Look at what Canada has done. Jordan Peterson is a good reference.

9. mariner says:

Good bless President Trump and all those around him.

Good bless the United States of America.

That is all.

10. TradeBait says:

POTUS and team are getting it done. It will not go unnoticed by the swing voters.

I have prayed that the leftists will continue to be as the people in the Tower of Babel story – incomprehensible to each other and then disintegrate into chaos.

11. TreeClimber says:

Who cares if female athletes get the same pay as men? 🙄 Pay by merit, not by gender. From all I hear, the women’s team is far inferior to the men.

• Judith says:

Men? They couldn’t beat the water boys and the bench warmers on the boys jv squad, half of whom had not reached puberty! Who are they kidding?/s

• MtK says:

They want to BE men.

• CM-TX says:

It should correlate with the amount of actual revenue they help generate. So a big part of salaries should be based upon the number of spectators they can draw- & in actual tickets sold. The better they perform, the bigger the crowds. The bigger the crowds, the more advertisers they attract. There’s also individual & team endorsements to supplement, if they’re good enough.
      Too bad the US Team did Women’s Soccer no favors by disrespecting the WH, & dancing on the Flag. I guarantee it cost them more fans than they gained.

Unfortunately for them, the guy teams do a better job of it thus far. But as a woman who truly appreciates the game– having spent years involved in, & watching… the females play rough, but also have a tendency to play dirty. It’s a different style & game.

So I freely admit, I’d prefer to watch a bunch of dudes play. It also doesn’t hurt that their legs & butts, are some of the best on male athletes! 😜

• OlderAndWiser says:

Former soccer player and coach here. I was a big fan of the US women’s team – till the PC crowd took over the team. Have not watched a single game this year, and will not until the players change and the team respects the flag and the country.
        I agree with you on the women (are they really women?) playing dirty – experience with co-ed summer soccer league!

12. NICCO says:

We must continue to pray for POTUS and family until these luciferians are routed out and arrested.Father ,we decree and declare Zachariah 2:5 over President Donald John Trump and his family.that no hex,no vex,no voodoo ,no power,no principality and no demon in hell will harm him or his family.That the fire of your glory surround him and his family everyday and night.We cover them with the preciious Blood of Jesus cover them and that your warring angelic host stand shoulder to shoulder around them wherever they are,in the name above all names,Jesus Christ,Amen.

13. jonsnow says: