Friday May 24th – Open Thread

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL. For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

229 Responses to Friday May 24th – Open Thread

1. citizen817 says:

2. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Peace With God

When our Lord was born at Bethlehem, the angels proclaimed:

“Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men” (Luke 2:14).

Today we see anything but peace on earth, for He, “the Prince of Peace,” has been rejected, and this world will never know peace until He is in control. This is why the Father said to the Son: “Sit Thou on My right hand, till I make Thine enemies Thy footstool” (Matt. 22:41-45). It is possible, however, for each individual to enjoy peace with God and to know that all is well as far as his eternal destiny is concerned.

Job 22:21 rightly says: “Acquaint now thyself with Him and be at peace,” and Psa. 25:12,13: “What man is he that feareth the Lord? …His soul shall dwell at ease.” Even when the multitudes were about to crucify Christ, He said to His own:

“Peace I leave with you; My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid” (John 14:27).

Every one of Paul’s epistles opens with an important official declaration which God sent him to proclaim to all men: “Grace be to you and peace.” And he explains how we may have this peace.

By nature all of us have sinned against God, but in Paul’s epistles we are told that “He [Christ] is our peace” (Eph. 2:14), “having made peace through the blood of His cross” (Col. 1:20). In other words, we have sinned against God but Christ died for our sins so that we might be reconciled. And those who trust Christ and His finished work at Calvary are thus reconciled.

Surely this great truth could not have been more plainly stated than it is in Rom. 4:25; 5:1:

“[Christ] was delivered for our offences and was raised again for our justification. THEREFORE, BEING JUSTIFIED BY FAITH, WE HAVE PEACE WITH GOD THROUGH OUR LORD

By Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

Matthew 22:41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,
    42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David.
    43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,
    44 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
    45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?

3. Robert Smith says:

To celebrate the Declassification order. All things are possible.

• Garrison Hall says:

😉

• BigMamaTEA says:

Patience though, Robert Smith…..this is just the beginning…

Now, I look at this from seasoned eyes…..but even on a good day…with trustworthy people…..the process still takes way too much time! This Fed. gov’t is ginormous…..things still move slowly…. and we around here call it “the BIG ugly” for a reason……

but definitely……….

4. treehouseron says:

Great video. Notice the children are all makes and models. This is a wonderful world we live in, don’t let the negativity get you down or the horrors that occur make you lose sight that in general nearly all the world is decent and positive.

5. Lucille says:

“Do we know where the Apostle Paul is buried?”
    Drive Thru History YouTube Channel

6. Garrison Hall says:

7. Blue Ridge Mts. Va says:
    • treehouseron says:

I’m surprised more of this doesn’t happen, imagine having 100’s of employees, and all it takes is one of them to foolishly open a file attached to an email or click the wrong link in an email, or whatever.

• BigMamaTEA says:

If there was any competency at all in Baltimore city government…..but it requires internal security and constant protocols and updates, and restrictions on large networks…..(one of the drawbacks of computers & internet access)

All of those “foolish” mistakes could be prevented ahead of time, treehouseron…..
        And done properly…..city-accounting of EVERYTHING would tighten-up real quick.

8. nwtex says:

• Rudy says:

I am now a Candace Owens fan and friend.
      You go, girl. And stay the course…moslems will counter attack mercilessly over something like this. One fatwa against Candace in 3..2..1…

9. nwtex says:

10. nwtex says:

Wow. Beautiful shot.

• MTeresa says:

Beautiful lyrics………..

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
      When sorrows like sea billows roll;
      Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
      It is well, it is well, with my soul.

It is well, with my soul,
      It is well, with my soul,
      It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
      Let this blessed assurance control,
      That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
      And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

It is well, with my soul,
      It is well, with my soul,
      It is well, it is well, with my soul.

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
      My sin, not in part but the whole,
      Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
      Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

It is well, with my soul,
      It is well, with my soul,
      It is well, it is well, with my soul.

And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
      The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
      The trumpet shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
      Even so, it is well with my soul.

It is well, with my soul,
      It is well, with my soul,
      It is well, it is well, with my soul.

• lizzieintexas says:

This hymn always reminds me of my mom.
      This hymn was written after traumatic events in Spafford’s life. The first was the death of his son at the age of two and the Great Chicago Fire of 1871, which ruined him financially (he had been a successful lawyer and had invested significantly in property in the area of Chicago that was extensively damaged by the great fire). His business interests were further hit by the economic downturn of 1873, at which time he had planned to travel to Europe with his family on the SS Ville du Havre. In a late change of plan, he sent the family ahead while he was delayed on business concerning zoning problems following the Great Chicago Fire. While crossing the Atlantic Ocean, the ship sank rapidly after a collision with a sea vessel, the Loch Earn, and all four of Spafford’s daughters died. His wife Anna survived and sent him the now famous telegram, “Saved alone …”. Shortly afterwards, as Spafford traveled to meet his grieving wife, he was inspired to write these words as his ship passed near where his daughters had died. Bliss called his tune Ville du Havre, from the name of the stricken vessel.

• MTeresa says:

I love the lyrics because the message essentially is, place your trust in God and He will give you rest.

I do know the story of how it was written and can only imagine the sadness he must have felt after such a tremendous loss. Frankly I don’t know how one finds the strength to lift one’s head off the pillow each day after the loss of one child let alone five. The only way one can survive that grief is with the mercy and grace of God.

We don’t always understand why things happen. I think of all of the wasted time, money, energy, lost opportunities, and about the innocent people who have been swept up in this whole Russian hoax. I think a lot about President Trump, his family, and those who have stuck with him (because they believe in him – like I do) and can only imagine how difficult it is day after day. Remember how awfully they treated Sarah Huckabee Sanders? Look what they’ve done to Michael Flynn! We are witnessing real patriots in our lifetime. It’s a different kind of difficulty than Horatio Spafford dealt with but one that deserves many prayers from us.

I’ve never been more fearful of how our country is being torn in two. Honestly, as much as I want to see justice served on the people who have misused their government power, I fear what the opposition will resort to. As SD has often said, there are trillions at stake. It’s a boil that must be lanced and I hope we will be stronger.

Pray pray pray for our country. I know we will get through this.

America! America! God shed his grace on thee……………….

11. nwtex says:

What? Terrible.

It’s Not Me.@Chotchkisslaw
    What was *in* said barges?

Avery Martin@averym12bc
    Fertilizer

Jeff Bramlett@TheBrammer
    3,800 tons, so says KOTV Tulsa

Jeff Bramlett@TheBrammer
    3rd time these 2 barges “escaped” their moorings. You should search for the video where they go under a bridge and don’t touch a thing. Amazing

• olderwiser21 says:

Wow! That is incredible footage! Bad stuff….

• nwtex says:

Good grief. So long. Or maybe that’s not unusual for submarines. Whatever, she is beautiful ❤

• Cisco says:

Now folks, imo, this is impressive feat of arms.
        USS Batfish. Just had to look her up.
        USS Batfish (SS/AGSS-310), is a Balao-class submarine, known primarily for the remarkable feat of sinking three Imperial Japanese Navy submarines in a 76-hour period, in February 1945.[7] USS Batfish is the first vessel of the United States Navy to be named for the batfish, a fish found off the coast of Peru, at depths ranging from 3 to 76 metres.
        Here’s her full story.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Tulsa District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
        19 hrs ago……(per their FakeBook page)

*** Webbers Falls Lock and Dam Barge Strike Update ***

At approximately 11:58 a.m. Thursday 23 May 2019, two uncontrolled barges owned by Oakley Transport made contact with Webbers Falls Lock and Dam #16. The barges contacted the piers for gates 7/8/9 & 10, capsized and are currently submerged below the water on the upstream side of the dam. Due to current water conditions, it is unclear at this time how much barge debris (if any) may have passed through the dam.

The Webber’s Falls Lock & Dam staff, in coordination with Tulsa District Water Managers, ensured all tainter gates were fully elevated in order to minimize damage in advance of the barge strike. However, at this time submerged barge debris is obstructing three gates (7, 9 and 10) from being able to fully close.

Tulsa District engineers were immediately deployed to the structure to inspect the integrity of the dam. Initial observations are that the structural damage is minimal. We found no integrity issues that make us concerned that it will not perform as designed. We will continue to monitor and assess the dam as water conditions change. A copy of our assessment will be provided to Muskogee County Emergency Manager.

Tulsa District Operations Division leaders are coordinating with the barge owner (Oakley) to coordinate the salvage operation to remove debris from Lock and Dam #16. Simultaneously, the Tulsa District Environmental Specialist produced and submitted the necessary environmental reports and is coordinating with Oakley, the U.S. Coast Guard and others on the spill response (1,500-tons of phosphate based, non-toxic, fertilizer).

• BigMamaTEA says:

She sails again! This in nothing! I was a kid here in OK when they brought that thing into the State!!!! Go BIG, or GO HOME!

Go look that story up somebody……(if somebody hasn’t already) that was a BFD to get that baby into a landlocked state! Arkansas River, not a normal place for a sub. to go through….and then….that town Muskogee….she’s maybe 45min-hr drive from the River!!!

If memory serves me….they dug/flooded a trench/canal and floated her in to place.

Go BIG, or Go Home…..

• BigMamaTEA says:

Tulsa District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
      19 hrs ago……(per their FakeBook page)

*** Webbers Falls Lock and Dam Barge Strike Update ***

• Dave says:

Asking for a friend: 1) Does this have the Bill Cosby seal of approval? 2) If someone accidentally got the stuff in their lungs, can mouth-to-mouth resuscitation work like it does with water? 3) Should the temporary lining fail for whatever reason, and the stuff seeps into the pool pumping system, how do you purge it all out? 4) The kids factor comes into play here. Did any of them pee in the jello? 5) Has anyone though that raw sewage might be even more “fun” than jello? 6) How did they empty the pool of the stuff, and where was it dumped? Inquiring minds want to know! /s

12. citizen817 says:

13. Lucille says:

John Guandolo: A champion of freedom
    By Amil Imani – May 23, 2019

In the war of survival against militant Islam, there are very few people in this country who truly understand the ideology and are willing to fight back. One such individual is former FBI agent John Guandolo, a tireless patriot who works around the clock to train the law enforcement officers, including local police, sheriff departments and the “FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force agent/officers who were absolutely unaware of the massive jihadist program in place in our communities before his training sessions.”

14. nwtex says:

It hurts for me to see an animal lost, worried or afraid and especially in a possible perilous situation (regardless of the outcome) so as a rule I close my eyes and move on quickly however this time I just had to watch so you will also 😎

God bless the firefighters and anyone who helped! HEROES to the nth degree!! ❤ 🥰

The news video-

Well, Meow What? Firefighters Try Everything to Rescue a Kitten in a Storm Drain
    Cat food and cat sounds didn't work, but Orange County firefighters didn't give up on a tiny gray kitten
    May 23, 2019 at 8:51 AM

15. andyocoregon says:

I don’t know when this launch was, but I know it’s not live as the corner info says. But I like watching these night launches anyway. IMO, they are the best.

• andyocoregon says:

So, it was tonight after all. And it held 60 satellites!

• nwtex says:

Night time the best …..Y.E.S.

• sticknca says:

I’ve been watching rockets since John Glenn and what SpaceX is doing is simply outstanding.

• Dave says:

Thanks for posting the vid, andy! Used to love watching the night time shuttle launches from the Cape! It’s funny how our neighbors and ourselves, unbeknownst to each other, would start watching it on TV until just after liftoff, and then race outside to catch it live! We all knew exactly where to look from years’ of experience, and got to our viewing positions before the sky lit up. We were lucky enough to have a college ball field behind our property, so closest big trees were hundreds of feet away for perfect view. I’d easily follow the shuttle with binoculars as it shed its booster rockets and until it began resembling a fast moving “star”! Obviously, the best nights were when skies were cloud free! The only thing I wished I could have experienced was actually being close enough to feel the ground shake, but there were so many flights over the years that didn’t launch as planned, and work schedule was too tight to gamble the the road trip to and from. However, I did get somewhat of a thrill when one of the shuttles returning from space passed over our part of the state and broke the sound barrier with a great BOOM!

16. nwtex says:

17. andyocoregon says:

Last night ABC made a big deal out of the remake of an All In The Family Show. I understand they bleeped out the one offensive word (the n word) in the show.
    How I miss the old original A.I.T.F. shows. They didn’t bleep anything.

• amwick says:

Double standard with the n word. This one of the the shovels that is digging the racial divide deeper and deeper. I don’t know what the answer is. Just that it pisses me off.

18. Dora says:

“Rainy Twilight in Madison Square” (1920) by George Luks

19. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.”
    2 Timothy 2:1 (KJV)

20. Dora says:

It sounds like they want to remove every trace of their national history and origins.

====

Swedish Government wants to ban ancient Viking symbols, claiming they “constitute incitement to hatred”

21. kyblue says:

Millennials are not saving for the future because of *drum roll*…..climate change.

We really have to get leftists pet projects out of the public school system…brainwashing is rampant.

• grandmotherpatriot says:

It is a shame that this younger generation has been so brainwashed.

• kyblue says:

It is a shame. Doesn’t say anything good for the future of our country, does it, grandmother?

• grandmotherpatriot says:

I blame the parents as they have allowed the schools to indoctrinate their children. When I see the younger generation many of them have no Hope in life and are angry at everything. They find no joy in simple pleasures of life. There only concern they have is to be the top posters on twitter or facebook.
          The younger generation wants instant gratification and money. They have never learned how to earn money or respect.
          We must continue to save our Republic

• BigMamaTEA says:

Not in my world!!!grandmotherpatriot…..we limit screen time, we dig in the earth, we skin snakes….my grandchildren know where food really comes from…….

You all……whether it be parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, etc etc. have the ability to TEACH the younger ones, wherever and whenever you can. And I tell them, “NO, that is not correct…..even if that’s what your teacher said…You won’t be in her class anymore, and she’s a dummy, and listen to your Nana, cause I’m going to be with you for the rest of my life…”.(age appropriate, of course)

• grandmotherpatriot says:

Hear Hear Big MamaTEA – I was a sinlge mother for many years and taught my son well. We didn’t have cable tv. We read and played board games , played outside and went to church often. I was not wealthy but worked everyday , cooked everyday, etc. I would not change a thing of my past.
              I did marry later in life to good man but, my son learned hard work from me and my family. I am very proud of my son as he is in a trade. He works with his hands and I have five beautiful grandchildren. Those grandchildren have repect and learned the meaning of dollar and how to survive without money. My grandaughters enjoy learning how to sew to make garments and to can food.

• andyocoregon says:

I think many young people today will wake up some time in the future and realize they no longer have their parents to fall back on for financial support. And if, as projected, Social Security is cut way back, they will live the rest of their retirement years in squalor.

• Bendix says:

Let’s see, if you open a savings account and manage not to get charged any fees for it, after saving long enough to make a paltry ten bucks in interest, you owe the government money.
      Nah, that’s got nothing to do with it.

22. GSparrow says:

Prime Minister May’s resignation video. She was a fighter to last this long in the wacky, raucous British Parliament.

23. Dora says:

‘Unplanned’ film banned in Canada for its life-affirming content

OTTAWA, May 20, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) — Distribution companies are effectively banning the film Unplanned from screening in Canadian cinemas, according to the producers of the pro-life biopic.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Are we going to be needing a Northern Border Wall too?!!!! {sarc-not sarc!} Or the moose limbs will eventually eliminate them, and we’ll take care of the moose limbs if they don’t wake up soon!

24. duchess01 says:

Democrats Would Have Aborted Beethoven: No One Is Safe In A Nation Where More Than 1,000 Unborn Babies Are Brutally Slaughtered Every Day

May 24, 2019
    by Don Boys PH. D., All News Pipeline

• Mandy says:

The left is gearing up to stop ALL anti abortion laws. Have you seen the new piece in the Forward?

That piece has a link to another piece, one by Ellie Fischer in 2018. The CRUX of the abortion issue is laid out clearly (from the Fischer piece):

“According to the earliest halakhic midrashim, feticide is not considered homicide because a fetus is not considered “nefesh adam,” human life. This understanding is implied in the Mishnah (Ohalot 7:6) and Talmud, Sanhedrin 72b, and made explicit by the classic medieval commentators: Rashi and Yad Ramah; Nachmanides, Ran, Rashba, and Ritva on Niddah 44a-b; and Me’iri on Shabbat 107b. This approach is likewise taken by later commentators: Maharal on Exodus 21:22; Tosafot Yom Tov and Tiferet Yisrael-Yakhin on Ohalot 7:6; Sema and Arukh Ha-shulhan on Hoshen Mishpat 425; and numerous others.”

(By the way, if you click onto that article, each of those references include clickable links so you can verify that the author is giving the straight and honest information on how they view the unborn.)

Note that in the first piece, the author did include this line, which – once you understand their view of the unborn – seems intended to ensure that his readers understand that the Christian view of the unborn is DIFFERENT from their own:

“Many conservative Christians believe that human life begins at conception.”

Bottom line is that we are seeing two viewpoints here; they are diametrically opposed: “human life begins at conception” or “a fetus is not considered “nefesh adam,” human life.”

I’m a ‘life begins at conception’ Christian, myself. 🙂

Honestly, though….I do not have much hope that the pro life laws will be successfully defended once they make it to SCOTUS, because of the plan set forth in the Haretz piece I linked to the other day. The law which prevents government from favoring one religious viewpoint over another will be used to claim some Jewish people believe as laid out above (which clearly, some do believe this way). Because of their belief, any law that stops abortion – even partial birth abortion (as explained in that Haretz piece) – will be struck down by the Courts. The ‘judges’ will tell us that this is what the Constitution requires them to do…

and this once great nation will slide even further into the grasp of satan himself….

• duchess01 says:

Oh, Mandy – this is quite disturbing – have to ask myself why – the SC sided with abortionists – in Roe V Wade – how is it – the Constitution gives the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness – for the living only – the only way to stop this is to define life at conception – if this infanticide is not stopped – then, yes – our nation is doomed. Pray unceasingly for the unborn, Mandy!

• BigMamaTEA says:

Mandy…and if so….we will eliminate “the judges” by force if necessary…In this Republic…We the People are must take back our power & Rights granted by God.

• Mandy says:

I worry that is where we’re headed, to be honest….

• BigMamaTEA says:

Yes ma’am. A long time ago, and we all must…….I had really stop, and take the time to “in real time” make that very much-personal decision…..Literally…If I do this (activism BigMamaTEA-style) which includes a lot more activity than some newer treeps are aware)….. how far….am I willing to go to defend our Republic!

With time for contemplation and deep Prayer….I made my decision. I am ALL in…no matter WHAT it takes.

But, IMO, or at least my goal….is to exhaust every possible-legal-Constitutional avenue I can think of….I get advice from lawyers, economists, Constitutional Experts, Patriots, Police Officers, computer nerds, Military, both active duty….and retired, Special Forces from all branches, and on and on., and I haven’t even gotten to many treeps here, and all the different skill-sets they have!…….And over the now 15 years I’ve been doing this, starting first part-time, then more than full-time. when I sort of retired…….I’ve accumulated a gazillion legitimate contacts.

And…trust me…this was not my original “retirement plan.”(tropical island, ocean, cocktails, and a cabana-boy…(never mentioned that one to hubby though! shhh! LOL!)

I hope that it does not have to come to the extreme solution either, but if you are serious, you must come to terms that it could happen……I too was frightened at the thought. But once I came to decision, and preparations were made….there was such a sense of burden lifted from me. A lot of my anxiety/worry was gone. (I sense some of that in some of your comments from time to time. {wink} and I fully understand. Been there myself. Don’t ever hesitate to reach out.btw.

I’ve babbled too long, but I want to leave you with this…….Seriously, contemplate these words…..

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.”

–The Declaration of Independence

• Mandy says:

OMG thank you SO MUCH for this post!

I was away most of yesterday and suddenly this morning thought, “I have to go check yesterday’s posts for responses.” That’s pretty unusual for me, so … I was MEANT to see your wise words.

Thanks again, I appreciate it VERY much!

• BigMamaTEA says:

You’re welcome …..and please, don’t hesitate to reach out any time. There’s some of us who either been around this joint for a long time, and/or have been awake for a long time, like ME, BOTH.

I have so much knowledge in my head, and have experienced all the roller-coster of emotions, and stress, and worry, and panic and dread……..And the stories I will someday tell. I’ve been keeping kind of a rough diary record along the way.

Evey “MOMENT” of “Huh? Whu? WTH? Naw. Somethings not right. To what’s that really supposed to be? To Founders 101 (where I realized just how much I didn’t grasp the simple concept, and how far off we REALLY are. To…. okay, well let’s look around, how to I get this or that, let’s do a me-audit….to how many depts with yrly expanding budgets? and why do we have on the law books EIGHTY-TWO different welfare programs?

To no, not in my AMERICA, no way! ….to HOLY SH*T , I’m not crazy, I am to correct, to WTF do I do now?!!

So, if I ever didn’t address maybe a comment of yours at some time that you thought might become a bit alarmist…….it’s more than likely TRUE. So for me, I wasn’t ignoring you per say, but , more watching you grow.

So, I’m here.for questions or suggestions, or opinions, or tears, or whatever. I’m not the kind of push-it-in-face, well, depends….(LOL) “know it all, listen to me” I’m gonna tell you first, kinda gal. But I can overload you with support for what ever is needed.

And that’s for everyone. I pretty much stay logged in via my Uncle WP dashboard on almost every Daily Open thread, for sure. Sometimes I unplug on Sundays, or a Holiday….but this is my Home Base if you will. We are all going to help each other as a ginormous family weather whatever is to come.

Evening darlin’….You and yours are SAFE. {wink}
                We will talk more later.

25. kyblue says:

Investigative reporter uncovers Joe Biden / Hunter Biden corruption in court documents.

• grandmotherpatriot says:

Yes, many are moving out of the Socialist Blue states. I was born and raised in Chicago in the Land of Lincoln as a Conservative. IL has been hijacked by the Democrats for centuries. No matter how hard we have fought to change the corruption over the years, the Democrats will not yield. I have one more piece of property to sell and I will be moving south to Florida where a majority of my family has already moved. I love my 100-year-old home with all its charm on the North Side of the city as well as my neighbors, church, etc.
      But the policies and violence have become intolerable.
      Have a Blessed Memorial Weekend

26. kyblue says:

Shirley Temple singing Animal Crackers in My Soup in an orphanage. She was just about too cute for words…

27. grandmotherpatriot says:

Good morning Treepers
    What a wonderful day to be alive and Thank all the Veterans and their families that gave their lives for my Freedom.
    I do volunteer at the VA in Hospice, however, this weekend after I visit my fathers grave at Abraham Lincoln Veterans Memorial I am packing my bag and flying out to visit a dear friend.
    Have a Blessed Memorial Weekend everyone!

28. nikkichico7 says:

The Christ-Centered Life
    MAY 24, 2019

2 Corinthians 5:14-15
    14 For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died; 15 and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf.

If someone asked if your life is centered on Christ, how would you respond? Oftentimes a Christ-centered life is equated with going to church, giving, praying, reading the Bible, and talking to other people about Jesus. However, did you know that even if you do every one of these things, it’s still possible to live a life that is controlled by self rather than Christ?

This is because our motives may be self-centered. Religious activities can be done for a variety of reasons that have nothing to do with our love for Jesus. We could be seeking to relieve feelings of guilt or to make ourselves feel better or look more righteous. Perhaps we read the Bible to quickly find a verse that affirms us. Or prayer might be our attempt to get God to do what we want.

The answer is not to give up on these good activities but to shift our focus to Christ and what He desires. Our battle with self is one that will continue as long as we live in these earthly bodies. That’s why Paul tells us to “lay aside the old self, which is being corrupted,” and to “put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth” (Eph. 4:22 that, in reference to your former manner of life, you lay aside the old self, which is being corrupted in accordance with the lusts of deceit,
    Eph. 4:24 and put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth).

A Christ-centered life is fueled by love for the Savior, which flows from increasing knowledge of Him. And we learn to know Jesus more intimately through reading, praying, and quietly abiding in His presence. As Christ increases in our mind and heart, we’ll discover that our self-focus decreases and He becomes the delight of our lives.
    intouch.org
    Dr. Charles Stanley

29. Dora says:

What kind of people are the democrats allowing to enter our country? Yikes!

=====

An illegal alien convicted of raping a dog to death was released by the sanctuary state of Oregon after being sentenced to just 60 days in prison.

30. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

31. duchess01 says:

THURSDAY, MAY 23, 2019
    What is TRUTH and REALITY?

32. covfefe999 says:

Last night I was shopping at WalMart (can ya smell me, Peter Strzok????) and was in the checkout line between some guy who looked Paki or ME. He had quite a bit of stuff to buy. When it came time to pay he pulled out the telltale EBT card (I’ve seen enough of them, I know what they look like). He didn’t make the usual attempt to hide it like the others do. So he punches in his PIN and then the transaction is declined. He pulled out a SECOND EBT card, punches in a PIN and it’s rejected. He tells the cashier he has to call his friend, then calls the friend and speaks in Arabic, then punches in a new PIN and the transaction is approved.

This was a healthy young guy. Why is he a welfare leech? Why is he using someone else’s card? This actually isn’t bad as the b I saw months ago who didn’t have enough on 2 EBT cards so went out to the parking lot to get a 3rd! Our welfare systems are an absolute disaster. It was better when these leeches had to pay with stamps. EBT just makes it so much easier for them to commit fraud and pretend like they are productive working citizens when in fact they are scum ripping off taxpayers. I realize there are some people in need but I’ll bet they comprise about 2% of the total number who are receiving welfare. Oh, forgot to mention that the cellphone he pulled out to call his friend was an iPhone, you know how expensive those are.

Thanks for letting me rant.

• kyblue says:

I’ve typed a response to you three times, covfefe & all have vanished.

I love rants.

And I’ve had my own infuriating experience with welfare people. How about a lady who special ordered 2 inch thick Tbine steaks then whips out a EBT card to pay for them. Then whips out a probable gov issued cell phone to check her EBT balance.

I ranted about that incident to anyone who was unfortunate enough to get trapped by me weeks after. 😇

As for Smirk aka Strzok, I hope he still has the stench 🤩

33. kyblue says:

Interesting article this morning on Free Beacon about socialism. Matthew Continetti explores the new socialism advocates like Sanders & Cortez.

ps…good pic of crazy Bern 😜

34. Charlotte Powell Brooks says:

Do we know for certain RBG is still alive?

35. wtd says:

Online Extremism Researcher Finds Ties Linking HuffPost, the Guardian, and the SPLC to Antifa Terrorists

36. Dora says:

Literally ending gifted education for equality’s sake. This is how the left destroys everything

======

In Cambridge, MA, Honors Classes for Everyone

37. Dora says:

38. Mandy says:

DISCOUNTS FOR VETERANS!!! This article was on my reader batch this am, it is out of Miami but a quick scan shows a LOT of NATIONWIDE chains are offering up nice discounts for active duty AND veterans this weekend/Monday. So if you qualify, give the list a glance – might save yourself a few bucks!

Lowes and Home Depot, 15% off purchases made on Monday! More at the link:

39. wtd says:

Currently, the European Union leaders wish to resolve demographic decline by settling in migrants. Hungary, on the other hand, uses family support measures offering tax exemption for Hungarian mothers with four or more children. Migration is not a good answer for Hungary because the long term consequences for the community’s culture suffer. A superior solution is to support Hungary’s expanding families as much as possible. Those families who are currently raising or planning to have 4 or more children will never have to pay tax again.

(hat tip Gates of Vienna blog)

40. duchess01 says:

Over a Dozen Children Come Forward, Exposing Network of Pedophile Cops Abusing Them for Years

May 24, 2019
    by Matt Agorist, The Free Thought Project

• oldiadguy says:

SMH Looking at how the investigation was conducted, it appears that the “blue wall of silence” stood firm.

• duchess01 says:

Easy for them, eh guy?

• oldiadguy says:

Very odd. Word Press for the CTH site will not let me sign in and yet you received my reply. I just checked and I’m still not logged on Word Press for CTH, I’m replying from WRSA.

The article lists some “missteps” by the original investigators that are suspicious to say the least. I don’t know if it was gross incompetence or something else, but……..

One of the techniques for a less than honest investigator to cover for another officer is to “accidently” make mistakes to screw up the investigations. Gee, did I do that? I didn’t know I was supposed to do it that way.

I don’t know if that was in play here, but the article listed an awful lot of missteps. It just doesn’t feel right to me.

Take care and God Bless

• duchess01 says:

Hope you get your dilemma straightened out, guy – missteps happen – but, yes – in this case – quite suspicious – you make some good points – Thanks!

• BigMamaTEA says:

Yea, Yea, YEA!!! Welcome back stranger!!!!!!! Long time no see……

41. PHC says:

Catching up on events, now that The Texas Chainsaw Manicure is completed…………………

42. Dora says:

BREAKING: MULTIPLE MICHIGAN PRIESTS ARRESTED, CHARGED WITH SEX ABUSE

LANSING, Mich. (ChurchMilitant.com) – Five former Catholic priests from Michigan have been charged on multiple counts of rape and assault of minors and adults.

Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel made the announcement at a press conference Friday morning, detailing the names and allegations against each priest, arrested in the past 30 hours in various parts of the country, but all formerly assigned in Michigan dioceses. A total of 21 charges of criminal sexual conduct have been filed against the men, with four arrests and another pending extradition, as the fifth priest lives in India.