UPDATE: UC Berkeley Police Identify Suspect in Attack on College Conservative…

Good news. The UC Berkeley Police have identified the suspect (pictured below) who was caught on camera attacking a young college conservative.  According to the press release:

UC Berkeley – Responding quickly to information provided by members of the UC Berkeley campus community, the University of California Police Department (UCPD) has identified a potential suspect in the violent crime that occurred on February 19th, 2019 on the Sproul Plaza (UCPD case #19-00455). Based on current information available to the department, the suspect is not a student at, or affiliate of, the University. (read more)

This entry was posted in 1st Amendment, Cultural Marxism, Dem Hypocrisy, media bias, Occupy Type Moonbats, Police action, Political correctness/cultural marxism, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

277 Responses to UPDATE: UC Berkeley Police Identify Suspect in Attack on College Conservative…

1. Bullseye says:

Lets hear his name where does he live ?? Expose this creep and let the lawsuits begin

• Kenji says:

If ANYONE needs a SWAT team showing up at their front door in a pre dawn raid, it’s this Antifa (dressed in all black) Thug. God knows what was in his backpack, remember he threatened to shoot the victim. I expect the only way the campus police were able to identify this non-student is that he is a well-known agitator, perpetrator, of campus events. After they’ve tossed this punks apartment (or his mother’s basement) … then he should be immediately OUTED.

• mac says:

The fellow who was attacked was attacked by at least two people. In my state that qualifies as a situation permitting the use of deadly force in self-defense. Of course, this happened in the People’s Republic of Cal, where leftists are a privileged class who can deal out violence as they see fit without consequence. If this punk Serlin had been shot right in the head by the man he attacked and died on the spot, I would think Serlin got exactly what he had coming to him for his behavior.

• Kenji says:

Antifa Thugs routinely go wild in downtown Oakland, San Francisco, and Berkeley destroying property and businesses … and nobody … nobody PAYS for their crimes. PAYS restitution. It’s quite sickening how my local politicians are on the side of the criminals.

• vladdy says:

Yeah, Anti-Fa. I read a post by one obviously anti-fa who said they must exist and “must intimidate” and use violence 1. because those (cons/trads) people are spouting – you know the rest — buzzwords — racism,sexism, homophobia, blah, blah, blah and 2, because they have to fight for “social justice” for “frontline and marginalized groups” — since he mentioned sexism, I could not resist saying Don’t pretend you guys are punching people to protect ME — I don’t need a human savior and if I did, it was be my husband, not you, somebody with a condescending hero complex. You’re insulting us all.

This issue is making me forget my usual online good manners. I promise I will stop letting myself get angry at jerks like that (but I swear, the idea of us being the left’s dhimmis is getting clearer and clearer — just one more thing they’ve borrowed from islam…prob where King O got it).

Oh, how I wish people in high places would pay the price, so perhaps it would have a trickle-down effect and stop these people from treating us as if we were their inferiors, to do with what they wish. What’s next — raping conservative women?

Okay, okay, I’m through. (Grrrrrrrr!)

• If he’s not a student of the university or an affiliate …. who the hell is he? A paid radical? Or was he casing the campus to rob people? Whoever he is, he’s a vicious animal who belongs behind bars!

• delyon Getty says:

I would hate to be in this bully’s shoes. There will be sleepless months ahead – not in prison where he undoubtedly belongs but in his own bed as he awaits the inevitable payback.

• ANTIFA member. Notice ALL black. They just “gave up” the masks for now. Riddle me this, WHAT is one large non student doing on an open campus ATTACKING another non student? Narrative control? They can’t have conservatism have a free voice can they? These people ARE sick.

• sat0422 says:

He is a warrior for the socialists, communists, and foreign countries that are trying to “break” America. The sad fact is the punk probably doesn’t have a clue what his handlers have in store for America once they turn us away from the constitution or once they have the population disarmed. Danger, danger….

We, the USA, is seriously in need of re-education camps where the participants will need to pass a civics test in order to regain freedom. Then they must pledge allegiance to the flag of our great country and state 1,000 times why capitalism is the best economic system in the world.

• Slowcobra says:

That’s not fair to the animals to refer him as such; I prefer the description of monster or bully.

2. jackphatz says:

This is confusing. Do they or do they not have a positive ID on the suspect.

3. avgjosephine says:

I am so ready to join the Spanking Administration! In fact, I believe I’m ready for immediate mobilization. Who is with me?

4. Amy2 says:

The tide is turning.

5. rf121 says:

This is exactly the right thing to do, and I am so proud of him for recognizing the situation and not retaliating with violence.

That’s right, keep getting your ass beat until morale improvess. I don’t think so. Until these punks get on the recieving end of a good ass kicking then this crap will continue.

• oldumb says:

I must admit I did like the way the few “Proud Boys” stood up to and slapped the large group of Antifa thugs. :0 This young man was not a fighter and to expect him to fight is a losing plan, he would have been beat badly – most likely.

• avgjosephine says:

Right behind you. I may have grey hair but I won’t back down if push comes to shove. Situational awareness engaged and ready when needed.

• YvonneMarie says:

Absolutley true words !!!
      Man up & fight back.

• joebkonobi says:

Next will be he hires a high powered attorney with his mommy and daddy’s money and claims he was provoked into action. Nothing to see here. . . !

• Mr. G says:

rf121-I absolutely agree-

And I mean the kind of beating so they’ll think they may not get out alive. I gotten a few and I’ve dished out a few. That was a long time ago, but I’ve still got a couple cans of whoop-ass that need opening…they are way past their expiration date.

• Garrison Hall says:

There’s some very old rules that apply here. Rule #1. When you go into a situation like this be ready for trouble. Rule #2. Don’t start trouble and if it comes try to talk your way out. If you can’t go on to Rule #3. If someone physically attacks you, always, always fight back. Rule #4. Recognize that you may get whupped but make up your mind that the other guy;s going to know he’s been in a real fight. Rule #5. You never really lose a fight when you defend yourself.

Street protests, especially around places like Berkeley, have become Antifa hot-spots. Once a 20 something living in a parent’s basement puts on a black-mask he/she suddenly becomes a bad-ass radical who can leap tall buildings and stuff. That works fine as long as they are intimidating people they can push around. It most definitely does not work with people who know how to fight. Sadly there don’t appear to be many red-neck conservatives in the Berkeley area. There’s probably a secret protocol among Antifa snowflakes that instructs them in no uncertain terms to stay away from working-class guys in old pick-ups.

• James W Crawford says:

If I had been the conservative activist, that thug would have been singing saprano for life. As a result, the news story would be about violent conservatives rather than violent liberals.

The kid took a moderate ass kicking but won the battle.

• Eventually, one of these ANTIFA punks, is going to attack the wrong conservative. One who “seems” frail, looks frail, but is actually either a MMA fighter dressed to look like a wounded duck, easy for the picking, or one who is armed.

It will not be a good day for said ANTIFA punk. Karma is coming for these pukes, as is JUSTICE. The worm HAS turned, despite the peal clutching worrywarts in some. Righteousness will prevail. Popcorn and cold bourbon at the ready, fresh batteries in remote to flip to all the whaling and gnashing of teeth when it hits. DVR space cleared too!

6. Blind no longer says:

No need for campus police then…bring on the charges, straight from the DA’s office now!!!

7. Yy4u says:

He will get probation just like the professor who took a bicycle lock ln a chain to the Trump supporter. We are not a nation of laws anymore. Leftists are a privileged class.

• Yy4u says:

I should add … just like in the old USSR

• joebkonobi says:

Not a student? So this guy trolls around the University campus with a backpack looking like a student. . . for what reason? To punch out conservatives or pick up chicks? I bet this guy has been a bully since he was three years old.

• mopar2016 says:

I’ll bet this guy is DSA, or OFA or both.
        OFA work for Buraq, they’re nothing but rent-a-riot trash.

• Joemama says:

According to a group of military officers with Q level clearances that work closely with PDJT and have access to the NSA databases, the guy who punched the conservative was a member of the local Berkeley antifa, who joined the group in April 2018.

• MfM says:

Just because someone has a backpack doesn’t make them a student. They are a handy way to carry things. I doubt his was filled with diapers and changes of kid clothing like one of ours was for years.

Actually I wonder what was in his… Not that we’ll ever know.

• oldumb says:

In all fairness to the victim (attacker) he did warn the aggressor (the one punched) that he was promoting violence. The victim of that provocation was forced to defend himself by punching the one promoting violence. So why should he be punished for being right about the provoker making the victim punch him in the face. Obviously you don’t understand the plight of victims from your obviously advantaged perch. /s

• Joemama says:

What is really crazy is that what you described is exactly what liberals are being taught to believe in our schools.

• andyocoregon says:

In Portland Oregon’s public schools, the policy is if a bully starts beating an innocent kid and the victim physically defends himself against the bully, both kids get suspended. What B.S. that is!

• mike says:

That “no-fault” suspension/expulsion rule started during my first year of high school in 1970, during its first year of aggressive integration (body count not basic qualifications). If you wanted to go to college, you had to absorb a lot. Thank you LBJ and liberal, cryptocommunist judges./s

We imported a lot of thugs and outright criminals e.g. naive, polite 14.0 yo vs 19+ yo street criminals… The first semester was utter hell, especially after a near riot locked the place down for weeks, fading over months.

• wightmanfarm says:

Sort of the opposite of “everyone gets a trophy”.

• InAz says:

@ andyocoregon

Where I live the policy of both bully and victim getting suspended was happening years ago. I was shocked to find this out. About twelve years ago…. we knew a family whose son was being picked on by a much larger boy….5th graders. The parents of the victim child told him if he felt he needed to defend himself, the parents would back him up because all other avenues of stopping the bully failed.
            So the victim defended himself and did a great job of it. The parents of the bully child cried and whined to the school that their son was beaten up. The parents of the victim child threatened to sue if their son was suspended….both boys were suspended. They sued and the son was magically reinstated, the bully family was sued and the bullying stopped.

• oldumb says:

If I was bullied and did not defend myself my dad would have slapped my ass. Go down fighting.

• joebkonobi says:

OK, so All I gotta do is walk up to someone and say they are promoting violence, in my opinion, then I’m Ok to punch them out? Get real. BS! I’ll defend real victims, thank you. Let’s see how it plays out. Sorry, didn’r mean to make you a VICTIM of my comment!

• Mark Wothe says:

They are both victims of the white patriarchy. Trump is ruining the discourse. 😉

• Serena says:

Uh Oh Mark. You proved me wrong about using the white privilege argument. I forgot that all white males are taught this by their white fathers.

• Serena says:

I can totally see that as the left’s argument and defense. The world has gone crazy. Well I guess since the attacker and the victim are both white the old white privilege excuse does not apply in this case.

• vladdy says:

I must be having reading probs today. The attacker told the other guy that HE was promoting violence? Well, he could have told him he was “asking for it” — same thing. What they do (and what I told the anti-fa guy online) is state an OPINION (a misguided one) and then proceed as if it’s fact. Does not matter if the attacker is using the excuse or not — someone using free speech and not even talking about the bully who punched him — so there was nothing personal here — is NOT promoting violence, no matter what fairy tales anti-fa’s pushing. No “in all fairness” to say “Well, we do have posters saying ‘we punch fascists'” does not make it right.

Anti-fa cannot set themselves up as speech police, idea police, or clothing police, put up a notice or warning and then expect people to OBEY. They are self-appointed which means, not enforcers, but bullies. They want the world to be aware that it’s “Back down and shut up when I say to OR I have the right to punch you.” But they don’t have that right.. Just saying “Well, that’s our philosophy” does not give it any legitimacy. The point is, that is not” to be fair”, but to shut people up or say “It’s your own fault.”

Do not see how this cannot spread to “If you wear a short skirt, and I’m a muslim, don’t say you didn’t know you were going to be raped.” And anti-fa knows they’re flirting with that territory with their “if you wear MAGA gear.” It’s just that, as part of the globalist crew, they don’t care. They don’t care if they win by violence, by threats, by saying “It was your own fault,” by voting in socialists or voting in sharia-pushers. They’re just the useful idiots of the top guys who couldn’t care less if they get globalism through socialism economically and sharia legally or any other system. They don’t follow the same rules anyway; they don’t care how it gets done. But we can see, that’s the story for their troops now….”We warned you.” It’s esp important for us not to back down now as W forced America to do when we all had righteous anger after 9-11. Remember, it was “Well, if people get killed, it’s YOUR fault for criticizing islam”? This is more of the same.

Okay, okay. I am REALLY not going to write any more about this, because every time I read someone pretending it was just and fair and the dumb guy just should have listened, and he wouldn’t have gotten punched….I get furious.

• oldumb says:

Hi Vladdy, you are right – of course, I was being smart alec. Notice to the attacker kept telling the victim to “get out of my face”. They are deranged and I was writing how the attacker saw the events – not the reality.

• cthulhu says:

I’m thinking that one of Professor Bikelock’s conditions for probation should be that he should do cage matches with the latest lefty thug-du-jour, which TPUSA could sell admission to as a fundraiser.

• Grassleysgirl/Breitbartista says:

We are a nation of laws🇺🇸💪
      It’s enforcement that needs a “reset”.
      A reckoning is coming.

8. Eric says:

What governmental agency does he work for?

9. When I was at Berkeley, right after the Vietnam war, we had one man who sat in his wheelchair with a cage over him (resting on the arms of the wheelchair). Inside the cage with him was a monkey. Neither were safe to be around.

But in the middle of campus, about where this happened, was Polka-Dot man, an enormously tall clown-like figure, who one year took to biting people within his reach.

So I look at this incident and sigh. Realizing that the difference today is that the attacks are focused, not random as in “the good old days.”

• WSB says:

Same thing with New Yirk City, pre-Giuliani.

• Joemama says:

Polka dot man was around at the end of the Vietnam war? He was still around when I attended in the early 80’s.

Same time period when David Brock was going to school there and proselytizing in Sproul Plaza as a conservative. Now he is a full-on communist. I guess promoting communism pays well.

• Deplore Able says:

Also in the early 80’s at UC Berkeley there was a man who sat outside Sather Gate and made circles with his right hand. Around and around. When his right had got tired, he switched to his left hand and continued the circles. One day, I asked him “What are the circles for?” He answered, “I am balancing the world.” I responded, “Well, please don’t stop.”

I am afraid that he is gone now. The world has certainly become unbalanced!

• Terri says:

They were referred to as the “lazy boys” when I was there.

10. Chris s says:

Where are the patriot boys! Let’s see this dbag try that stuff of the dude that knocked that antifa sissy out in Portland over the summer! Go sucker punch that patriot ! Tough guy!

11. Firefly says:

12. avgjosephine says:

A boomer’s gift from GOd: we were taught that there were limits to acceptable behavior in society. There were consequences for continued bad behavior that caused chaos or harm. When corrected by a mature and reasonable person, we learned that we obeyed or waited to see how bad it would get when punishment was meted out.

Our boomer homework for the day, per AvgJo : make sure you are having meaningful discussions and interaction with every young person you know. After you tell them your dial-phone stories, sneak in a few comments about what’s really going on out here. They’ve grown up in a sound-bit world. Think of the contrasts in our experiences,

• vladdy says:

This is wonderful. I’m starting to feel like the “off my lawn” lady, as I talk so often about how there used to be acceptable behavior, and that’s gone — (along with consequences). Glad I’m not the only one on this subject. Thank you for a great post.

• avgjosephine says:

You know what, vladdy? For the last 5 yrs, I’ve been stewing in it, holding back on expressing due to the pressure that can ensue if you say the wrong thing. This gray-hair is coming off the porch. I ran with the big dogs in my 20s and proved my mettle, I hope. I’ve never stopped caring. I am so ready for the spankings to commence! Put me in, coach. I’m going to do what I can to talk about manners and tone of voice. I’m writing up a storm.

13. Everett Miller says:

The video is both enlightening and horrifying. The Left believes in violence, encourages violence, promotes violence and resorts to violence to impose their beliefs on others. Unfortunately the Law Enforcement “community” is full of District Attorneys who fail to prosecute these criminals as they are part and parcel of the problem–being Lawyers–also Leftists who cannot see crime, only protesters and demonstrators. They believe that anyone who doesn’t believe like them is at fault and by existing are taunting them into needing to be violent. This goes from the sidewalk on campus, to the Communist taking over the whole state. Socialist/Communist/Leftists are also dangerous when they are the common street thug in this video, or the Prosecutor, and/or the Judge who lets them off.

14. emet says:

Although he is neither a professor nor student, UC Berkeley is considering him for an honorary degree.

15. Paul B. says:

It is time for a serious lawfare campaign against perpetrators and when applicable, media that smear and distort. It’s the only language they’ll understand, and about the only way we have left to fight back.

16. mopar2016 says:

Governor Reagan knew how to handle that Berkeley BS. California hasn’t had a real governor since. A little buckshot and teargas goes a long way sometimes. One dead and 128 taken to the hospital. That’s good for em.

• evergreen says:

Gov told the bearded, administrator toddler that he’s old enough to have known better. Was he assigning too much responsibility and maturity to this person? I think so.

• snellvillebob says:

I watched one of those Berkeley “Riots” from the 8th floor of Sproul Hall while accompanying a friend who lived there. There was a guy I knew named Bob Tuck who, using his fist as a fake mic, did a play by play on it, 5-10 seconds before the actions were taken by the protesters and the police. He was hilarious. They were a staged performance by both sides at the same time every day. Some said many of the protesters kept coming just to get their tear gas fix.

• Mr.G says:

And I’ll bet there were no more UCB problems under Reagan. One response-given with enough force, eliminates the need for any more responses.

17. GB Bari says:

If that thug isn’t sentenced to prison for some term, it will get ugly.

18. JohnnyR says:

Enough useless debating and hand wringing. Need to find out where this punk lives and someone local pays him a visit at his home to teach him a lesson.

• kurt72 says:

Time for some vigilante justice. Time to carry weapons and use them. Shoot back when attacked. Attack Antifa on sight. I’m carrying from now on. I’m too old to fight but not too old to shoot!

• L-Dave says:

You guys knock it off. The lefties are losing the PR war. That will stop when vigilantes start making us look bad.

• rvsueandcrew says:

Thank you, L-Dave! The Left is hoping for retaliation.

• Judith says:

There seems to be a lot of agitators coming out of the woodwork lately. Get ready for the label, you know it’s coming: Hate. *We* are “haters” don’tcha know! The world was such a *happy* place, dang it, until we Deplorables came along and chilled their vibe. 🙄

“Vannity” insinuates as much when he demands to know what was “said” to precipitate the violence. What a dolt!

Our Constitution protects free speech. Violence is, well, violence. Lefties love to combine the two. There is simply no comparison.

Americans have every right to think conservative thoughts, and also to utter those thoughts, without being physically assaulted by these deranged liberals and their Enemedia apologists.

Take your New World Order and stick it where the sun don’t shine.

• vladdy says:

Absolutely right that everybody has the right, but I don’t think it’ll hurt to step up and “share” the judging of what is “hate and bigotry.” For instance, every time they insinuate the president, who’s done so much for the country, is mentally unstable, knowing that it’s propaganda, no harm in us calling it “hate speech” and “bigotry” (toward anyone ideologically different.) As long as we accept that they’re the only ones allowed to judge what is and what isn’t, the low-info people hear one side only.

And this is getting purty bad when they can say we’re horrible people and not allowed to wear certain insignia….no, you do not control us. But we have to let them know that, of course.

I don’t have a MAGA hat and it would be no biggie wearing it here anyway…unless it’s on one of my doc visits, to the uni town nearby….but just the idea that they’re blaming the victims of these crimes show they’ll stoop to whatever’s necessary, huh? Heck, I’m still ticked off that “b—-” became a synonym for “female” and think we ought to have equal-opportunity words, not special ones reserved just for our female villains.

(It’s not even for villains anymore-first time I heard it, the guy said “Look at that b—” talking about a girl on TV, saying how attractive she was. To him, it was just a way to say “girl.” My jaw dropped.)

19. rioosodog says:

What I was so disturbed about the most is that this coward waited till the victum looked away and blindsided him with a full punch to the head! Send this loser to jail.

20. Joe says:

Making an example of this vicious thug would be a GREAT example for our society.

An example we desperately need.

21. MamaTried says:

On Facebook a man by this exact name looks to be the right age to be his father. I noticed a #walkaway group had been followed.

22. truthbomb says:

My niece just graduated from Berkeley and she couldn’t wait to leave. She’s not even conservative and she complained it was unbearably liberal.

• Covadonga says:

My son graduated from Berkeley recently. He was more of an independent when he entered Berkeley and a full conservative when he came out of that cesspool.
      I won’t go into too many details to bore you but he was attacked verbally and saw other conservative students threatened on multiple occasions. He was followed and his life threatened by a leftist on election night. He had to face the thug and made it clear and in no uncertain terms that he was armed and willing to use it to defend himself. Small presentations to honor Kate Steinles life destroyed. Had to be evacuated from the building by cops when the gay conservative speaker first attempted to present at Berkeley. He learned that leftists are animals and cannot be reasoned with. He is one millennial who will never support or approve socialism.

• Joemama says:

I went to UC Berkeley in the early 80’s when it was still basking in the glow of being the epicenter of the free speech movement. It pains me enormously to think that it is now the epicenter of the cultural marxist movement to destroy the United States.

• eagle931 says:

UC Berkley In the 80’s was the epicenter of cultural Marxism. It’s just that they disguised it as a freedom of speech movement. Nothing has changed, except that now they are out in the open.

23. sunnydaze says:

Thank the DemMSM (and the Repubs who bowed to them) for putting out all the LIES that led to this violence in our country.

So sickening.

24. Jason Ross says:

Dude has a book bag on. Was he trying to blend in or something leading up to his planned assault?

25. Jeffrey Stewart says:

Non-student? Aren’t they all?
    It’s #BERKELEY INDOCTRINATION
    Parent(s) know EXACTLY what teaching their kiddies learn.
    This poor, triggered terrorist is on the plaza, picking fights, and this706309 is not historical.
    Recently, instigators we’re free to assault; guess this episode marks a change?

26. hoghead says:

“anitfa” is NOT 1st Amendment Free Speech; it’s communist agit/prop street thuggery. These creatures are direct descendants of the communist antifascist movement in Germany of the early 30’s. Someone is going to get killed.

These bloody loons should be listed as a terrorist organization, and banned. (As I write these lines, I think about what today’s demonic party stands for. The “d” party is becoming largely the same thing.)

• fightthepols says:

Yes, this is exactly what I wanted to write. This is a dangerous precursor to the violence that occurs with communist takeovers and it must be stopped. The Feds should have stopped this 2 years ago and I cannot believe the Trump administration doesn’t declare all-out war against this as domestic terrorism.

• Judith says:

All Americans need to do is enforce the laws against *violence* that are already in place. This is not complicated.

By *not* enforcing our laws, or selective enforcement, Globalists create confusion and anarchy, the springboard from which they plan to wrest away our Constitution, to usher in their One World takeover.

Don’t let them.

• coltlending says:

Exactly.

The similarities are scary.

• Zorro says:

The Demosocialist Party should be outlawed just like the Nazi Party is In Germany.

27. Cupcake says:

If he’s not a student or staff why is he walking around the campus with a backpack on???

28. Goedhart says:

Berkeley is in Alameda county. Oakland is also in Alameda county.
    If this guy even gets 7 or 14 days in the county jail, he will learn a lot more about racism than what he thinks he knows now and it will be a reality adjustment for him.
    As a co-worker of mine who had to spend the weekend out there about 10 years ago said…..
    “I was the ONLY white guy in the block”

• eagle931 says:

“This could actually work out well if nationwide publicity causes them to actually prosecute and give him even minimum time.” Have you heard, read or seen anything about this attack on our local media, let alone so-called mainstream media? I haven’t,

29. montanamel says:

Hammer this punk!
    A nice 3 lb engineers model I think….
    More personal than a 9 Iron, eh?
    Check-6

• Joemama says:

Please explain your signature line ” Check-6″

Thanks.

• American Male says:

Check 6

Check your rear

or

We’ve got your back (as with Darren Wilson)

• powderdayrules says:

Imagine a level circle on the ground around you with straight ahead being 12 O’clock. Directly behind you is 6 O’clock. “Check your 6” means watch your back. “I’ve got your six” means you’re watching someone else’s back.
        Remember the old tv show 12 O’clock High? It means straight ahead and up direction.

30. Rynn69 says:

It is incumbent upon the University to establish zero tolerance policies against violence. Any violence is intolerable. It is also incumbent upon the University to punish those who violate those policies to the fullest extent possible —- expulsion. It is not enough for law enforcement to act, the UNIVERSITY MUST ACT. The University campus must remain a place of tolerance, a place where free speech is embraced without fear of violence.

• Joemama says:

Yes. UC Berkeley, where the free speech movement began, should be the proponent for free speech today. All speech should be allowed at UC Berkeley, not just cultural marxist speech.

31. BSR says:

The tweets by the friend of the young man who was attacked proves these two are better men than I. I’m also glad the kid who was harassed didn’t do what “some” would do because it doesn’t make a person any bigger of a man to do so. Just for the sake of argument as soon as the instigator said something about shooting (like he did) Pandora’s Box has been opened and he might not like what’s inside one little bit. Gut reaction “for some of us – when unarmed” would have been to get him on the ground as fast as humanly possible and then the focus would be to use index fingers at full force to push into both sockets and try to pull out at least one eyeball OR to bite as big of a hunk out of his cheek as we possibly could. Whichever one prevails would only be for the purpose of swallowing, just so he can be identified if he does shoot. I don’t advocate that preposterous and immature response but life experiences dictate how we all handle what we perceive as imminent threats. He said shoot. This MF would have never forgotten some of us but talk is cheap. That doesn’t make some of us any better than the perp. Ironically this idiot still got owned here without the kid even throwing a punch. And I’ll guarantee he’ll never forget the kid. I’m in awe of his level of tact. His friend too.

Even if the authorities don’t find this guy he’ll eventually bump his gums to someone he wished he hadn’t. Promise.

Now if y’all will excuse me I need to go put some water in the Perps mommas bowl.

32. MAGAbear says:

I wish this punk would’ve tried to take a swing at me instead. He would not have been met with non-violent resistence. 😉

Maybe he and Smollett can share the same jail cell.

33. emeraldcoaster says:

UCB Chancellor Carol Christ, “Our commitment to freedom of expression and belief is unwavering.” And I bet she said it with a straight face.

34. Joemama says:

As a UC Berkeley alumnus I take this personally.

Free speech means that you have to even endure the speech of those that you despise. That is what makes America great.

35. JoAnn Leichliter says:

So the campus cops are on this like a duck on a June bug. Swell. Now how about the real police, since it was assault and battery. Get this guy off the streets, for Pete’s sake.

36. wodiej says:

An angry man who unless he gets counseling has a police record in his future starting on the day he assaulted this individual. But nothing much will come of it. In the end, he is likely to commit more serious offenses because he wasn’t stopped.

• TwoLaine says:

TDS. BTW, he looks just like Jussie’s alleged attacker w/o the alleged MAGA hat.

These people are seriously deranged and we should make sure the authorities have removed all access to weapons.

They all think this behavior is OK. Aunty Maxine Watters told them to do this. Get up in their face and show them they aren’t welcome. Resist, Resist, Resist. We’ve had about 12 years of this drumbeat.

37. Pyrthroes says:

Although non-violence as a public, that is institutional, policy is virtually a requirement when mounting demonstrations, confronting one’s political opponents, abjuring self-defense in face of aggressive physical harassment is a mug’s game.

Sam Colt’s original .45 six-shooter was called “the equalizer” for good reason. But absent everyone meandering about with deadly weapons up their sleeves (Bowie knives, perhaps?), a stint of Tiger Schulman’s karate training would do well: Swift kick to the lower regions; as the head comes down, a two-handed strike behind the neck, then a leveraged uppercut beneath the chin.

“Alas for the rarity / Of Christian charity”– brownshirt/red-armband Rat sturmers mouthing epithets are not untrainable, just profoundly ignorant and schtoopid (also ugly; and tomorrow we will be sober). Since “feelings” are their thing, make ’em “feel their.own pain”.

38. covfefe999 says:

As the school began to investigate the incident of a conservative helping students recruit for Turning Point USA, university employee Yuvi Panda sent a tweet Wednesday night

Panda is employed by Berkeley’s Data Science Education Program as a DevOps Architect, according to the university’s website. UC-Berkeley spokesman Dan Mogulof confirmed Panda’s employment at the school to Campus Reform on Thursday.

Look at this freak. This was one of the better pictures of him. Do an image search on his name.

39. Brant says:

Dude not affiliated with the campus? With a back pack and in an area not anywhere near the edge of campus? Yeah, right.

If so, that would mean the admin will throw campus security under the bus to maintain the narrative. Hope that angle is brought up and security realizes what happened.

40. youme says:

And the latest on another thug…\

Berkeley teacher Yvette Felarca and other supporters of By Any Means Necessary, or BAMN, attended a Jan. 22 hearing in Sacramento, affirming that they have to stand trial in an assault case connected to a neo-Nazi rally and protest in 2016.

At the hearing, Sacramento Superior Court Judge Stacy Boulware Eurie maintained the felony assault and misdemeanor charges against Felarca and co-defendant Michael Williams. However, the judge agreed to reduce co-defendant Porfirio Paz’s felony assault to a misdemeanor assault based on his young age and clean record at the time of the protest.

41. Krashman Von Stinkputin says:

Mr Demille….I’m ready for my close-up

42. meow4me2 says:

Here’s why the UCPD is putting out that tweet. UCB has gotten plenty of letters and emails from alumni like me and my husband telling them we will no longer contribute due to their lack of support for free speech for conservatives and their lack of any defense of students being attacked by antifa goons. They put those students in danger and there is NO WAY I will consider sending my kids to Berkeley because of it.

When they call to ask for donations, they get the same speech. They are anti-free speech. Until they show me they are for speech, even those they disagree with AND they protect the students from thugs and rioters, they will never see another dime from me.

• Patriot1783 says:

Yes, although bad publicity hurts applications and those fees temporary, a major financial reduction of alumnae donations to schools bottom line and endowment balance would really help turn the tide.

43. Some day one of these Antifa punks is going to run into an old-timer who’ll quickly and deftly teach them the lesson that those who served in the military were not taught to “fight” or “wound” an attacker but to eliminate a threat – permanently.

44. Hater thug like him Must be prosecuted as a hatecrime,
    This is free country and free speech,

45. waltherppk says:

MS13, Antifa, BLM and similar vermin are *all* elementally psychotic sociopathic criminal subversive thugs that are *vermin* and should be population controlled in all the expedient ways that are best suited for vermin eradication. These are like diseased ANIMALS that have to be culled from the herd.

46. bessie2003 says:

The attacker’s face is the spitting image of what anger I imagine I would see in the face of a road rage driver, completely incapable of controlling their anger, the video even captures him threatening to shoot that young man.

Surely he has a record for aggravated assault somewhere. The swift pace as he moves in, confronting, punching, hitting that young man shows the attacker is comfortable with being in a state of rage.

Just seeing that face alone, as an elderly woman, is why I don’t put bumper stickers on my car, never know what kind of crazy is going to take offense.

It may get to the point where someone will be wearing a red baseball cap, say with a Cardinal’s baseball team logo or other on the front, and get hit from behind because some out of control TDS sufferer makes the assumption its a MAGA hat; when that happens will the press and police give the attacker a break because red is now an acceptable trigger color? Like bulls in the ring to a toreador with his red cape?

In one way, as a bystander at this stage of my life, being able to observe how others can see the color of a red hat instantly morph liberals and their fake words of love, unity and peace to swiftly come running out from their hiding places and show the world who they really are. It would take a genius to make that happen. A VSG for sure.

47. Strayhorse says:

Nazi brownshirts did the same thing. The extreme alt left socialist fascist demoKKKrats ENCOURAGE AND PROMOTE violence – ask Maxie, ask Pelosi – GANGSTERS, CHILDREN OF GANGSTERS AND THUGS~

48. emeraldcoaster says:

Based on the assailant’s bizarre attack, authorities should prioritize the ANTIFA-clad thug’s apprehension. Heaven help clear-minded students if the dirtbag has access to firearms.

49. iconoclast says:

They can identify him and arrest him and charge him all they want. But the proof of the pudding is in what sentence he gets.