Tuesday February 19th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

207 Responses to Tuesday February 19th – Open Thread

1. citizen817 says:

• Lucille says:

My father often did this. He’d merely tell the person, “Just pass it on when you can.”

• I think this happens more than we know. I see it happen a lot at grocery store check outs…….Not the self scan type, but the one’s with cashiers and people waiting in line behind………….

I won’t give a dime to a pan handler; but I will pay for the groceries of a mom (or someone) at a grocery store checkout who doesn’t have enough cash; or credit refused………..

We have all seen this unfold, a woman going thru the line asking the cashier, “how much is the total now, ok, take the cereal off, how much…?”

• Bendix says:

One of the things I like about this is, an elderly man would be shamed by accepting help from a woman, but a big strong construction worker is another story.

2. Lucille says:

HAVE A GREAT TWOSDAY…

Twin Baby Carrier

Taco Twosday

Doublemint Gum

In Colombia, a Curious Case of Mixed-Up Twins and Brotherly Love

BY FORDHAM NEWS ON AUGUST 30, 2018

• avgjosephine says:

So many things to read, so many trails to wander, so little time. Time is flying now!

• RyderLee says:

Twin Baby Carrier … I can hear it now … ‘It’s MY turn to Ride Up Front’ 😂

Have Twin Brother = I Can Relate 😊

Thanks , Lucille , for the Twofers !

• amwick says:

BECAUSE IT IT 2SDAY!!!! Woot woot…

• Lucille says:

My older sister and I would have sides of the back seat which were ours exclusively. I sat on the passenger side and she sat on the driver’s side. Woe to the sister who sat in the wrong place, even as a joke.

There came a day, though–probably somewhere around my 6th grade year, we looked at each other and said how silly it all was, then threw that sibling rivalry bit out. LOL!

• amwick says:

Wow such an amazing story! I hope those young men can work out everything with their lost brothers… SMH

I know all about being raised as a fraternal twin.. I can see where it would be easy to get mixed up as newborns. I was much smaller than my sister at birth, and grew up to be six inches taller as an adult. They may have paired up those infant boys based on how they looked as newborns. SMH.. So smaller at birth, I grew fast. Even as a child I was much taller, which was confusing for a long time. Mother would tell people that we were her twins and smile, then people would really look at us like she was mixed up. Even grownups would say something stupid, and I think my sister would feel hurt (because she was not as tall) .. They assumed I was at least a couple years older.. :/

• auscitizenmom says:

I had a friend who had twins. The girl was very little with olive looking skin and black hair…………like her mother. The boy was several inches longer, pale skin, and red hair…….like his father. They didn’t even look like they were in the same family.

• BigMamaTEA says:

fraternal…..my twin grandson are fraternal. One has curly hair, one has slight curl. At a certain angle, you can see familiar similarities. They are both boys, but the each had their own egg. What I found most interesting though, was with their mother. (my daughter) She was carrying what they called a “natural twin.’ And her OB asked her if she wanted to participate in a study at the College of Medicine.

Turns out, with all of the invitro, etc. multiples are so common now, that the normal way to have twins was worth a medical study?!!!!!

• lotbusyexec says:

Just ordered book – not in Audible yet but at Amazon for $14 and change – Love stories like the above – thanks Lucille 🙂

• Lucille says:

You’re welcome, lotbusyexec. It was just happenstance how I discovered the background on these four young men. After tapping “images of twins” into the search engine, a whole slew of photos were revealed. Going down the page and clicking on interesting faces brought their story up.

Amazingly wonderful tale of tenacity, character and love.

3. Garrison Hall says:

4. Deplorable_Infidel says:

What’s Hiding Under that Cloak?

“If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin” (John 15:22).

What on earth did the Lord mean here when He said that if He hadn’t come, the unbelieving Jews He had mentioned in the previous verse “had not sin”? Surely they had sinned, whether He had come or not!

To find out what He meant, we have to define a word that we don’t use very often, the word “cloke,” spelled cloak in our day and time. A cloak is a loose, sleeveless garment that is worn over other clothing, and about the only time that this writer hears the word even mentioned is when someone puts their coat in the cloakroom of a restaurant. If you can’t picture what a cloak would look like, but you can picture the mythical character Dracula, he is always depicted wearing a cloak.

Now the thing about a cloak is that you can easily conceal something under a loose, sleeveless garment, such as a dagger. This has given rise to the expression cloak and dagger, a figure of speech that refers to espionage. For this reason, when this word is used as a verb, to cloak something means to hide it. Star Trek fans will remember that Klingon and Romulan vessels were equipped with cloaking devices that made it so that you couldn’t see their ships coming. And no, I’m not a geek, I had to look that up!

All of this helps us understand what the Lord meant when He said that if He hadn’t come they would not have had sin. He didn’t say “they had not sin, then I came and now they have sin.” He rather said, “They had not sin, then I came and now they have no cloak for their sin.” In other words He was saying, “Now that I’ve come, they can’t hide their sin any more,” and I believe He had a specific sin in mind, an all-encompassing one that He mentions in the next verse.

“He that hateth Me hateth My Father also” (John 15:23).

The comprehensive sin that these unbelievers were cloaking so successfully before the Lord came was hatred of the Father. Since the Law commanded the Jews to love the Father (Deut. 6:5), it was a sin to hate Him, and for centuries unbelieving Jews had cloaked their hatred for God with their religion, which provided the perfect cover. Practicing Judaism made it appear that unsaved Jews loved the Father, but as the Lord said of them: “This people draweth nigh unto Me with their mouth, and honoureth Me with their lips; but their heart is far from me” (Matt. 15:8 cf. Isa. 29:13).

If you are wondering how the Lord’s coming uncloaked their hatred of the Father, remember that He represented God the Father in the flesh, and so when He showed up and they hated Him, it showed they hated the Father.

But notice in our text that it wasn’t just the Lord’s coming that uncloaked their sin. He said, “If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not sin” (v. 22). How did His words uncloak their hatred? Well, remember, His words were the Father’s words (John 3:34; 8:26; 12:49). So when the Lord spoke the words of the Father and they hated His words, they were actually hating the Father’s words!

If you are not convinced that this is what the Lord had in mind, consider what He went on to say:

“If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both Me and My Father” (John 15:24).

This sounds a lot like what He said in our text verse, but remember that there He said that His words uncloaked their hatred, while here He affirmed that His works uncloaked it, speaking of the miraculous works that He did among them. If you are wondering how His works uncloaked their hatred of the Father, remember He said that “the Father that dwelleth in Me, He doeth the works” (John 14:10). And so when the unbelievers in Israel ascribed His miraculous works to Beelzebub (Matt. 12:24), their hatred of His works were actually hatred for the Father’s works. That’s how the Lord’s words and works uncloaked their hatred of, as He says here, “both Me and My Father.”

All this reminds us of how if you are looking for a certain book on the internet, you will usually see advertising popup ads that say something like, “If you like this book, you might also like…,” and then go on to try to sell you some other books that are similar to the one for which you had been searching and found. Similarly, if you don’t like the Lord Jesus Christ, you don’t like God the Father. You might say that you do, as the adherents of many religions do, but you really don’t! Religions that claim to love God but reject His Son are nothing more than cloaks for hatred of the Father, and you have God’s Word on it!

By Pastor Ricky Kurth

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

John 15:22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.

John 15:23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.

Deuteronmoy 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Matthew 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

Isaiah 29:13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

John 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

John 8:26 I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.

John 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

John 15:24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.

John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Matthew 12:24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

• avgjosephine says:

Thank you for sharing this. I am looking for the light of truth wherever I find it. Today I followed some, shall we say, taps on my shoulder. Right now, my study areas have to do with doors, eyes, light, bringing light to dark.

• deeperinfo says:

Some people cloke their Antisemitism in using the Bible to criticize Jews as immoral unbelievers. Then they bring this deceit into political arguments. Some use it to criticize Trump (from ‘both’ sides).
      How do you see this issue?
      What is your intent?

• massivedeplorable says:

My take: Satan hates everything God loves. His Son, His city, His people. Satan hates God’s Word, His Laws, His Statutes. He stands in opposition to all good and is the Father Of Lies. He is a thief who is come to “Steal, kill and destroy.” Jn 10:10. Therefore anything that is constructionist (Trump, America as founded) he HATES and seeks to destroy.
        Jesus said: “Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.” Jn 8:44

Therefore there are two types of haters: The fool who is deceived and the servant of Satan who has chosen evil over good.

“If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.” Josh 24:15

It’s a choice. In this matter I am pro choice: I choose to serve God!!

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“What is your intent?”

I have no intent, other than posting what is on the website for the day. I have mentioned this previously. If you would have checked the link, you would have found this:

“Posted By Pastor Ricky Kurth On November 1, 2016 @ 12:24 pm In Bible Study Articles,Two Minutes With the Bible”

Which shows that it was written and posted prior to the election. This is below each article, which I do not repeat daily, instead focusing on posting the scripture verses highlighted in each article.

“To the Reader:

Some of our Two Minutes articles were written many years ago by Pastor C. R. Stam for publication in newspapers. When many of these articles were later compiled in book form, Pastor Stam wrote this word of explanation in the Preface:

“It should be borne in mind that the newspaper column, Two Minutes With the Bible, has now been published for many years, so that local, national and international events are discussed as if they occurred only recently. Rather than rewrite or date such articles, we have left them just as they were when first published. This, we felt, would add to the interest, especially since our readers understand that they first appeared as newspaper articles.”

To this we would add that the same is true for the articles written by others that we continue to add, on a regular basis, to the Two Minutes library. We hope that you’ll agree that while some of the references in these articles are dated, the spiritual truths taught therein are timeless.”

Not everyone that posts here has some hidden, nefarious intent.

2Corinthians 2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

Ephesians 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
        12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
        13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Have a blessed day, because I will.

Ephesians 1:3 ¶ Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

• smiley2 says:

it does sound more than a little anti-Semitic…focusing on “their hatred” rather than on
        Christ’s intentions..

the focus (imo) isn’t meant to be so much on the Jews… but on Christ’s trying to show them that He and GOD The Father are One .

He had their best interests in His Heart.

• smiley2 says:

and He also said (later on)… Father, forgive them for they know not what they do.

was He referring to just the soldiers who nailed Him to the Cross ?

or also The Jews who, in their ignorance, did not accept Him as Messiah?

or to all of humanity ?

maybe, most likely, all of the above.

that’s the hallmark of Christianity…and of Christ, The Messiah : to pray for your enemies and for those who hate you.

He has compassion for the ignorant…

…just as He had for Paul.

• Mandy says:

“for in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.” (Romans 12:20).

Let’s not forget either, that RIGHTEOUS ANGER is acceptable: Jesus Himself made a whip and ran the bankers out of His house.

• smiley2 says:

totally different contexts there…

particularly re Christ’s anger in the Temple….it was during Passover…the buying & selling of animals and the money-changers were opportunists who were perverting the purpose of His Father’s House…a House of prayer

and turning it into a “den of robbers” , Matthew 21:12.

Christ took a stand there…for righteousness…and in so doing, drew many to Him, afterwards.

that’s not at all what He was praying for on The Cross.

• smiley2 says:

and..they were not ignorant…they knew what they were doing.

trying to turn a profit, using the crowds who were coming into Jerusalem for The Passover.

• Mandy says:

It’s my understanding that Christ’s prayer ‘forgive them they know not what they do’ from the Cross was for the Roman soldiers who were in fact ignorant of what they were doing – killing the Messiah – rather than a prayer for forgiveness of the Jews.

As you note – the bankers/money changers in the temple were fully aware of what they were doing. Similarly….

The Jewish priests knowingly brought false witnesses against Jesus – they knew EXACTLY what they were doing. Caiaphus himself organized it. Further, the Sadduces and the Pharisees in the temple questioning Jesus – those men were KNOWINGLY attempting to trap him precisely so that they COULD kill him.

Four separate occasions in the Gospels where Jewish leaders attempted to bait Jesus in order to murder him: the woman caught committing adultery, ‘by what authority do you teach, Jesus?,’ the ‘seven brothers had her’ query, and the ‘taxes to Caesar’ question.

• Wonderful commentary!

This reminds me of one of my favorite verses much in evidence among doubters, unfortunately:

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.” I For 1:18

• KP SMith says:

“…and for centuries unbelieving Jews had cloaked their hatred for God with their religion…”

Holy Schneikey! The ignorance in that statement alone boggles the mind. Best to let our Saviour put it in His own words:

CHRIST Speaking:
      Revelation 3.9 KJV: “Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie;…”

Luke 16:15 “…that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.”

1st Peter 4:17 “For the time come that judgment must begin at the house of God:…”

That a ‘Pastor’ can write such as that opening quote is why we look forward to that day, (what day?) the LORD’s day when judgment will begin at the house(s) of the Lord. Meaning at the pulpits, where teachers perpetuate falsehood.

Our Brothers and Sisters in the tribe of Judah have been getting a bad rap for centuries. It’s NOT JUDAH that hated and killed the LORD. Geesh! It would take hours to unravel this for the good ‘pastor’. My blood is boiling at this… so, instead I pray:

Dear Heavenly Father, please help our brothers and sisters living in darkness come to the light of your Truth. Your Word when properly taught is so clear even a child can understand. But so many are confused by the teachings of men.

We pray to you Father, in the name of Jesus the Christ, Yeshua the Messiah, your only begotten Son, who You so lovingly sacrificed for one and all time, that we your humble servants might be saved for all eternity. Bless you Father, and thank you, thank you, thank you.

Amen, Amen

5. Sherri Young says:

LOLOLOL From the Babylon Bee.

Jussie Smollett Offered Job At CNN After Fabricating News Story Out Of Thin Air

ATLANTA, GA—While Empire actor Jussie Smollett has been having a tough week so far, there appears to be a silver lining: cable news channel CNN has offered Smollett a job as an investigative reporter and on-air anchor after witnessing his skills at fabricating a story entirely out of thin air.

CNN producers were reportedly impressed throughout the ongoing saga of Smollett’s apparent hoax attack on himself. They realized early on the facts didn’t add up but were fascinated with how well the actor kept the narrative going. An HR rep quickly reached out to Smollett to see if he’d be interested in taking on a position at the news organization after news broke that the entire thing was probably fabricated.

“Smollett has exactly the kind of skills we look for at our fine organization,” said CNN correspondent Brian Stelter. “He picked a narrative, made up all the relevant facts and details, and stuck with his story in spite of glaring holes in the plot. It’s hard to find people who understand our core values here at CNN, but Smollett seems to be just the guy for us.”

The actor has accepted the offer and is now undergoing training to learn how to weave even more intricate narratives ex nihilo, according to insiders.

6. F.D.R. in Hell says:

“As soon as Smollett Hoax smoke clears, look for a new hate hoax…involving Ocasio-Cortez.”

7. Troublemaker10 says:

A short summary of Justin from Canada’s current scandal.

• smurfette says:

A pre-requisite for any key political roles is to come from an acting background. JT was a DRAMA teacher. Because the world needs ……more drama…..AND ACTORS…..which goes along with DRUGS. Pot smokers think Canada is going to be weed paradise except all the profit from weed will go to the government. No small family enterprise allowed to participate using permaculture which is the only way people will be able to feed themselves without depending on big agro GMO watered with sterilants (a nice idea per P. Holden, Obama’s Science Czar to keep population in Western countries down).

Also back in the day, experiments were conducted on postpartum mothers to make them incapable of caring for their babies. Pot is so much easier, both mother and baby automatically affected.

• GB Bari says:

Looks lke our Canadian brothers and sisters have their hands full of government-generated stinking manure as much as we do.

Good luck with that.

8. citizen817 says:

“TUNNEL VIEW” FROM INSPIRATION POINT TRAIL @ YOSEMITE

9. Lucille says:

Peggy Lee – “I Don’t Know Enough About You”

10. citizen817 says:

This is insane 😲

11. getfitnow says:

Inquiring minds want to know…

FTA – The “we reported the Jussie Smollett case responsibly” contention has been blasted to smithereens. Twitter accounts and headlines in the Washington Post, the New York Times, and the Los Angeles Times reported as fact Jussie Smollett’s wildly implausible allegations, and many other journalists did so as well, not to mention the innumerable activists and celebrities who piled on. So, a question for all of the above. Why did you believe Jussie Smollett? Let’s try to catalogue the red flags.

• amwick says:

Journalism has morphed into propaganda… wrapped in bias, served on a TDS bun.

• avgjosephine says:

Once eyes are opened, you can never un-see. Think how many people are late to this revelation. I’m preparing to be an interpreter for those who need one.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Thank you avgjosephine. THAT’s what all of us here around this joint having been doing !! Some of us, for a LONG time. Some…..still haven’t broken through…but are finally, now asking me questions. And you’re correct…once your eyes are open….you will always see.

Just remember……for your late-sleepers…..if frightening when you first wake up. Not only do they doubt, but they doubt themselves…..upset that they’ve been played, and for most of what has been their natural lives, they’ve been lied to, and propagandized.

Oh, and I bet…..you are more than just “average”! {wink}

• andyocoregon says:

Subversive Propaganda

12. smiley2 says:

Sabo …new street art…poster campaign …in L.A.

subject : Smollett

Best Actor in a drama…

Black Prankster ~ Best Fictional Character…

close-up…

article about it, here…

😀

13. Dora says:

Henri De Toulouse Lautrec – “AT THE MOULIN ROUGE” 1895

14. Dora says:

But there’s no national emergency, right? Please!

===

EXCLUSIVE: Leaked Photos Show U.S. Border Facility Overwhelmed by Migrants

Leaked photos reveal the extent to which U.S. border facilities are being overwhelmed by the inflow of migrants from Central America and other nations.

15. I don’t usually read and post on this thread–just the press of time, my loss as there are some great posts here.

Has anyone else seen the WW! move “They Shall not Grow Old” (archival footage and voices from WWI veterans, directed by Peter Jackson)? We went to see it last night and it was quite moving. Prompted several lines of thought, including how good it is for POTUS to try to disengage in Syria and Afghanistan.

• BigMamaTEA says:

I’ll look for it. Ya know, most, no matter what war they were in, those who have served in war times, will tell you, avoid it at all costs.

• piper567 says:

anyone interested in WWll movies, I have a BIG rave for Hell in the Pacific.
      Only two characters in the movie, played my Toshiro Mifune and Lee Marvin.
      Stranded on an Island at War’s end. no language commonality, at first all kinds of macho stuff…some funny…but they eventually understand they both wish to take the chance to leave the Island in hopes of being discovered by rescuers.
      its really quite remarkable. Both men are simply superb.

16. covfefe999 says:

Awww, just heard that Karl Lagerfeld died. He was such a creative genius, an icon. I’m sad about this.

17. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

Romans 8:31
    “What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?”

King James Version (KJV)

18. A precise recreation of the original Broadway production of Oklahoma. The 4 minute introduction provides some nice history on the play……the staging, costumes, choreography is what was presented on opening night, March 31, 1943……enjoy………..

Act 1:

19. nikkichico7 says:

When Fear Comes Calling
    FEBRUARY 19, 2019

2 Timothy 1:3-7
    3 I thank God, whom I serve with a clear conscience the way my forefathers did, as I constantly remember you in my prayers night and day, 4 longing to see you, even as I recall your tears, so that I may be filled with joy. 5 For I am mindful of the sincere faith within you, which first dwelt in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am sure that it is in you as well. 6 For this reason I remind you to kindle afresh the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. 7 For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.

Fear is an emotion that can be helpful or harmful. For instance, it’s helpful to have the fear—or reverence—of the Lord, which keeps us from sin. And it’s also beneficial to have a healthy fear that warns of dangers. But oftentimes we are plagued by a different kind of fear, which keeps us from obeying God; this kind is usually rooted in self-focus rather than faith. As Paul wrote to Timothy, we may have “a spirit of timidity,” which originates in faulty thinking (2 Timothy 1:7).

Adequate vs. Inadequate. When adverse circumstances arise, we may become anxious because we are convinced we’re inadequate for the situation. However, it’s not the situation but an error in our thinking that is causing the fear. Our adequacy is never in ourselves but in God, who makes us adequate for whatever He brings into our life (2 Corinthians 3:4-5).

God’s Standards vs. Our Standards. Many of us set goals for ourselves that are unrealistic. Such standards impose undue pressure and generate anxiety when we fail. Although we may believe these goals are what God expects, they could be our own expectations. We must let the Lord direct our steps so His plans are accomplished, not ours (Prov. 16:9).

Grace vs. Guilt. Some of us are afraid of making a mistake, because we live with guilt over something we’ve done in the past and assume God is still displeased about it. However, Scripture assures us that in Christ, all our sins are forgiven and our guilt has been removed (Rom. 8:1).

The next time fear comes calling, take your eyes off yourself, answer it with the truth of God’s Word, and let faith take its place.
    intouch.org
    Dr. Charles Stanley

20. Pale rider says:

White guilt, a way to be more enlightened than your peers. Yes, that’s it, fits perfect.

21. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

22. F.D.R. in Hell says:

I might as well get ahead of this anniversary…

• czarowniczy says:

Shoulda gone for the whole magilla and made the sign over the door: ‘5th Corumn’.

• czarowniczy says:

And largely forgotten is FDR’s 2526 Proclamation that led to the internment of some 11,000 ethnic Germans during WWII and, to a smaller extent, Italian Americans.

• F.D.R. in Hell says:

2526 rounded up Germans. 2527 rounded up Italians.

• czarowniczy says:

Yes, the modern day social engineers would say, but that’s OK as THEY were white Europeans, just desserts.

• czarowniczy says:

And while the Japanese were rounded up by/under the control of the War Department the Europeans were herded by the DoJ.

• Mandy says:

I only recently learned that Americans of Japanese heritage were caught helping the Pearl Harbor bombers. Whether anyone wants to admit it or not – blood be a hell of a lot thicker than water, and quite honestly, I believe interring them was the correct move. But my daddy was a disabled WWII veteran, every one of my uncles served, so my point of view is colored by that….

• rrick says:

It is true there were spies not just around Pearl Harbor but on several islands in Hawaii. The California coastline had been reconnoitered noting select targets such as a tank farm near Santa Barbara. That tank farm was shelled from IJN submarine. Another tank farm and pier at Avila Beach, 6 miles south of San Luis Obispo was an intended target but the submarine could not find it in fog.

The SS Montebello was torpedoed and sunk along the coast of north SLO County.

There was a large Japanese presence (Issei and Nisei involved in agriculture in the valleys south of San Luis Obispo. Most were taken to Manzanar however some escaped internment by going back to Japan. Historical societies record that families were split apart as some were interned and others fled back to Japan where they fought for the Imperial Japanese forces.

Under the gun batteries of Fort MacArthur at Los Angeles there were folks sympathetic to the interred Japanese who were caught trying to provide current news to the interned.

However, the 442nd was highly decorated and made a lasting reputation.

• czarowniczy says:

Yeah, my dad was a waist gunner in the 8th AF in England (he retired in ’72 after we swapped tours in Vietnam) and my mom’s a Luftwaffe veteran, she served in Belgium. My view id sorta beige…

• F.D.R. in Hell says:

• BigMamaTEA says:

BWHAHAHAhahahaha!

23. Dora says:

Corruption everyplace you look. Just disgusting.

24. Dora says:

Karl Lagerfeld: the Chanel years – in pictures

The designer joined the fashion house in 1983, and remained for 36 years. Following his death, we revisit some of his most iconic shows and creations

25. czarowniczy says:

As is not unusual, the parish water folks were repairing a main line and water pressure dropped prompting a ‘boil water’ alert. This isn’t that unusual, happens a couple of times a year in the local parishes, there’s a water main issue and you get a boilerplate ‘boil water before use’ warning.

What’s irritating is that at least three times during the one-to-two minute piece on the alert the news talking head feels it necessary to caution the viewers to let the water cool before pouring it onto your body or into your mouth. At first I rankle at the seemingly superior talking heads reminding me – three times – to not pour boiling water into my mouth but then I remember that a significant number of their New Orleans audience voted heavily for Obama…twice…and I calm down.

26. 17CatsInTN says:

Ethel all nestled up in a warm spot behind my monitor.

27. Lucille says:

Ignorance brings with it a whole slew of problems. Those who don’t find it important to do their due diligence will pay big time. Shame on the Cubs! There’s no going back now, for that takes courage…a characteristic missing in this story…

Chicago Cubs to work with Hamas-linked CAIR against “Islamophobia”
    February 19, 2019 12:00 PM By Robert Spencer

Joe Ricketts said some things that are unacceptable to the political and media elites, and now the Chicago Cubs are getting shaken down and played for chumps by Hamas-linked CAIR.

28. getfitnow says:

FTA – DONALD HARRIS SLAMS HIS DAUGHTER SENATOR KAMALA HARRIS FOR FRAUDULENTLY STEREOTYPING JAMAICANS AND ACCUSES HER OF PLAYING IDENTITY POLITICS

29. Mandy says:

Not thrilled with the administration’s push to force nations where homosexuality remains illegal to change their laws….though I’m seeing reports that POTUS isn’t interested in forcing acceptance of it onto Saudi Arabia … Sundance retweeted this NBC tweet about it…

• auscitizenmom says:

I certainly don’t believe in hanging gays. Or, shooting them, or throwing them off buildings.

• Mandy says:

Neither do I.

That said, I don’t want the US government bossing other nations around. It’s not the US’s job to tell other nations what laws THEY have to have.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Mandy…..THAT is what HAS BEEN happening from many past presidents. Before you get all fired up…..President Trump is making so many more changes than, certainly Swamp Media is reporting.

• rrick says:

Ok, so this seems to be a part of a strategy against Iran. Still, if this is really happening – I have no reason to doubt it – I think perhaps America does deserve the appellation of the great satan. It is despicable and I’m not talking of the USA bossing other countries.

As an American I am ashamed that the govt of my country would promote homosexuality. What claim to God does America have when it endorses the murder of precious children and embraces this abominable practice?

• BigMamaTEA says:

NBC is NOT a reputable source for that kind of info Mandy.

30. Dora says:

Banning Dreadlocks Is Racist And Illegal, NYC Tells Employers

The city’s Human Rights Commission has taken a strong stance against racial discrimination based on hairstyle.

• Lucille says:

Personally my style of employer-employee relationship was not to insult those who worked for me. Whatever hairstyle they wanted to wear was OK. It should go without saying that personal hygiene is important on the job, but a certain hairstyle is not to be automatically considered unclean. That’s silly. Believe me, the messy tresses today of many straight-haired females put me off. But I’m not going to demand she get a curling iron and put those ends into a style of my choice.

I never knew anyone–male or female, dreadlocked, Afro’d, straightened, whatever–who didn’t want to look as good as possible in public. IMO, as long as a person is doing his job properly, leaves the drama at home, dresses according to company code, and gets along with his co-workers and bosses, that’s what matters.

As for a hairstyle being natural to a certain race, however, that seems off to me. Many other ethnic groups wore similar styles. Dreadlocks are cultivated and must be combed and manipulated into shape. If a person wants to wear them, who cares? But they are cultural, not natural, and on some men and women they look terrific, on others not so much. Believe me, the messy tresses today of many straight-haired females put me off. But I’m not going to demand she get a curling iron and put those ends into a style of my choice.

As for the government stepping in to demand and force compliance, it’s the typical leftie overstep. Regulations and monetary fines are their gods. Caring about the individual is far back in the line.

• Lucille says:

It’s funny in a way, but proofreading and accurate typing used to be a pride of mine. In re-reading this comment I find I failed to delete the “messy tresses” comment when I copied it to put further up in the commentary.

Maybe I’ll play the “old age” card and say it’s time for my nap. Or perhaps messy hair annoys me so much I subconsciously needed to say it twice. Oh, well, might as well laugh…LIFE! Hahaha!

31. LKAinLA says:

I went into the Metairie, LA (burb of New Orleans) Barnes and Noble today. F P Obama has a new book out called Hugs From Obama. The entire store was as if Obama is still President. Zero info or book, magazines, or displays for President Trump. They had huge displays behind counter for Miserable Michelle and him. I am at a loss. I went to Presidential section of store and all books were anti President Trump. Again huge displays for the Obamas. ALL! I looked around and there was only black employees but zero black customers. I will never return and I hope no one else will either. They live in an alternate universe.

32. Janie M. says:

Received this excellent video in Joe Bonamassa’s email today. You may recognize the faces and or names of some of the musicians performing this song, “Crossfire”

33. kinthenorthwest says:

Does this mean that at least a few Americans are waking up?
    New Poll: Majority of Voters Want a Special Prosecutor to Investigate Attempted Coup Against Trump

34. kinthenorthwest says:

Aren’t the liberals supposed to be the ones trying to bring peace to America?? Sure not looking that way…But sure making it look like we have a whole lot of brain dead Americans.

Here’s A List Of Hoax ‘Hate Crimes’ In The Trump Era

35. Lucille says:

Great to have official confirmation of something we already knew…it will still be lied about, of course…

‘Suppression,’ Debunked: Study Concludes Voter ID Laws Do Not Depress Voter Turnout

• kinthenorthwest says:

yep—like I always said===No one but the career homeless can survive in America without ID. Oh wait, maybe some criminals and of course Illegals, but Illegals just use/steal the IDs of other people.

36. kinthenorthwest says:

you all know I just had to share

37. rrick says:

Did you know that in many states you are forced to buy insurance that pays for abortion? There are no pro-life insurance alternatives on these states’ ObamaCare exchanges.

It’s Planned Parenthood’s insurance bailout. More abortions paid for by you.

Sign the petition to stop funding Murder, Inc.

38. BigMamaTEA says:

• rrick says:

Andy, actually, flying in this sort of weather can be very good. Flying along isobars will result in a circuitous flight path however the higher ground speed and lack of turbulence makes up for it.

In the northern hemisphere this involves flying ‘over the top’ (to the north) of areas of high pressure and ‘under’ (to the south) of areas of low pressure. It is more technical flying but a lot of fun. Airlines and charter aircraft don’t do this.

39. getfitnow says:

FTA – Melania Trump has mourned the death of legendary designer Karl Lagerfeld with a social media tribute to the fashion icon, calling him a ‘creative genius.’
    The 48-year-old first lady, who has been a longtime fan of his designs, took to both Twitter and Instagram on to pay homage to the late designer, who died from pancreatic cancer on Tuesday at the age of 85.

For her first official White House appearance in 2017, Melania wore a white skirt suit designed by Lagerfeld to greet Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his wife Sara Netanyahu at the White House.

40. Mandy says:

This was a nice ‘white pill’ ….

“Italian Deputy Prime Minister Matteo Salvini’s efforts to undermine the EU status quo by rallying a broad coalition of eurosceptic groups during spring elections for the European Parliament are set to pay off big time, according to the first forecast of the expected results released by the chamber on Tuesday.

According to the polling, which was cited by the FT, Salvini’s League Party is expected to make some of the most striking gains in the May vote, possibly becoming the second-largest party in the assembly after Germany’s center right Christian Democratic Union.”

I really REALLY like Matteo Salvini.

41. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

42. auscitizenmom says:

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh and Col. Flynn:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.