Monday January 21st – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

249 Responses to Monday January 21st – Open Thread

1. DanDeplorable says:

DAILY DEVOTIONAL, January 21, 2019

“What Do We Know?”

• Everett Miller says:

Thanks for posting this message of reassurance. Timely for me as I was questioning why my most godly and devout mother is suffering. How can this be to someone so undeserving? God’s will.

• This is one of the most dramatic and reassuring passages in all of scripture. There are ZERO conditions on this promise. No modifiers, no loopholes, no gotcha fine print. ZERO!

To qualify for the unconditional promise one must simply be ” the called”. Who exactly are they? According to scripture The Called are the Believers- redeemed, saved, regenerated and washed clean by the Blood of Jesus.

I cannot imagine life without Him. All would be futile, vain, empty, confusing, depressing and terrifying. No wonder the Leftists are all nuts- there are no answers for them. Life sucks and then they burn in hell for eternity. No thanks! Give me Jesus!

• P says:

Romans 8:28: “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”

If God has all of that under control, He most certainly can help us get our lives under His control, too. We just need to BELIEVE His word and obey. (Talking to myself big-time here!)

2. citizen817 says:

GRAND TETON NATIONAL PARK, WYOMING

3. citizen817 says:

4. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Moses And The Prophets

Now our Lord, when on earth, encouraged, indeed He even challenged His audiences to “Search the Scriptures” for themselves (John 5:39). Indeed since God revealed Himself and His plan of salvation in the written Word, we are responsible, each one for himself to study the Scriptures. When the rich man Dives begged Abraham to be allowed to go and warn his five brothers about the horrors of hell, Abraham replied, “They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them”. And when the rich man urged that a word from him would be more effective, Abraham answered, “If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead” (Luke 16:29,31).

Don’t depend upon your clergyman, my dear friend, to interpret the Scriptures for you. See for yourself what God says in His Word. For “every one of us shall give an account of himself to God”, says Romans 14:12. And it won’t be enough in that day to say, my minister or my priest told me so and so. You are responsible, you, to search the Scriptures for yourself, to see whether these things are so.

Why don’t you search the Scriptures, especially the epistles of Paul, our apostle. For it is Paul who says, “For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the Apostle of the Gentiles [Nations], I magnify mine office” (Rom.11:13). Learn in his epistles this mystery among the Gentiles which is Christ in you the hope of glory and how it is that Christ’s death on Calvary’s cross can save you.

“In Whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace” (Eph.1:7).

By Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Luke 16:29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
    30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
    31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Romans 14:12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Romans 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

• angellestaria6674 says:

“…search the Scriptures…” Indeed. The Bereans did he same, even about Paul’s words.

Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so.

Acts 17:11

5. citizen817 says:

6. angellestaria6674 says:

I am posting this excerpt from one of my pieces called A LETTER TO RUDYARD KIPLING. Yeah, I know he’s dead, but I was writing a letter to him as if he were here today or I was back in the past of 1919 when he wrote that awesome poem, THE GODS OF THE COPYBOOK HEADINGS. That poem inspired me to write what I did, a piece way too long to post here, hence the excerpt.

You may ask what does all this have to do with Presidential politics? A lot actually, especially when you read my description of Washington D.C. I finished that piece 1.2016, BHO’s last year as an evil, hideously lying president. So much damage had been done to the nation by Obama and his thuggish, corrupt cronies and rule of law had been all but destroyed and cast aside in WDC. Well, this is 2 years later, Donald Trump is President now, but Washington D.C. is still the same ole Babylonian capitol city of everything I described in the words you are about to read. This description is the true, satanic face of our real enemy, an unseen enemy who rules in Washington D.C., that great bastion and modern day Babel (babbling) tower of evil that our President is having to fight against every waking breath.

Part of this gets a little deep and heady as I do use some terms not heard of much these days, but I figure that CTH members and Treepers are a pretty intelligent, well-informed group of people. This is definitely not the sweet and tender type poem I posted on the Our Father thread early am of yesterday. I may post another sweeter, gentler piece on the Our Father thread tonight. Not sure. But this one kind of bites. But WDC needs to be bitten and exposed for the corrupt capitol city that it is. The music is a bit hard-hitting, but it needs to match my words.

Tomorrow on this same Presidential thread, I will be another piece of this. It’s just too long for one posting. Think I’m going to post this on the Our Father thread too.

Anywhere, below is my excerpt from My letter to Rudyard Kipling.

*************************************

…part of my prologue to him:

Surely you must be turning over in your grave wanting to shout out your words again to this day’s corrupt, perverted, greedy, self-gratifying, socialistic generation! Many of the living of our day are as the walking dead, numbed to truth, ignorant of history and failing in the knowledge of such simple things as the rule of law and the protocols of righteous moral behavior.

Yes, I know that you wrote about and addressed the demi-gods and market powers of the world at large back in your day, a day in which the Fabian Society began to establish and pronounce its intended directive of what would become a worldwide agenda in later years, those evil axioms and socialistic principles that are now presently raging like a fire out of control here in our day of 2016! But Rudyard, I think you would have understood that this first principle lie began long before your day. Yes, I think you knew what was coming to the world.

Entire nations of this whole, present world are being destroyed today because of the roots of that wicked and evil agenda planted so long ago. I am brother to you here in this modern day. O! how I miss the likes of you! I wish I could have known you; but I am of a different and further time that our God has designated so that I must accept my own place in His time frame like everybody else.

—————————————————————-

……continuing in poetic form: and please note my prayer in stanza #2, remembering that God did answer a lot of peoples’ prayers and gave us DJT instead of HRC. Thank You God!

THE TABERNACLE OF A MODERN DAY DEMI-GOD

Washington D. C. is an unholy tabernacle of the worship of mortal, self-humanizing lies
    That becoming a New Tower of Babel, thought to redesign and present an agenda meant to
    ………maximize
    Its slowly evolving progression, hidden from mortality’s stupidity over these last few years
    A dance of deceptive music that has skillfully aggrandized its political scratch for itching ears
    All too willing and even eager to worship other than God and sacrifice godly
    …….principles of truth and liberty
    For the lust of a temporary, self-gratifying appeasement of a device of lower soul synergy
    Being diplomatic and making concessions to the enemies of God to avoid that great conflict
    Of facing the reality of their own sins, lies, greed and pride which Heaven would constrict
    And expose that evil thing that is the darkness of the hearts of men and dogs in power
    Who thought to construct for their defense against conviction their political martello tower
    As if such tiny, finite breaths of mortal dust could rule their own world before the Creator’s
    ……First Perfect Design
    Pretenders as they are promoting a figurative symbol and hope of lies and a regression line
    Thinking, if only, if only…to make gullible eyes of mortals see a curve as a line to play
    Sculpting an ideal not of real substance but of a simple, hollow paper-mache’
    A little theater drama that mixes the potent wines of confusion with crafty lies
    To reduce all the breath of the Earth to one homogeneous whole, yes, to propagandize
    Their whole doctrine of a bastard, secular thrust and lust of the want of the flesh of our day
    Of that first fallen heart who worships only himself and can only lead to exponential decay
    Just to get unearned benefits and gifts for those users, takers and Rule of Law breakers
    To satisfy, fall and bow down and joyfully worship the lying, deceitful policy makers
    Of this day’s horrible and primary evil thing that was never destined to be America’s final
    …….purpose and thrust
    In which this great and terrible, dark day has cast off its first Truth of the Original Constitution
    …….by lost and deluded souls who eschew truth and liberty as souls and minds of wanderlust

Today I pray to God in one last gasping breath and prayer of mercy to Him for our nation.
    Lord, what or how do You want me to think in this dying hour of America’s consternation?!
    A day of absolute confusion in which the average soul of this nation’s lost and deviant, carnal
    ……mind
    Is trying to discern while facing a thousand lies that are unwound and undefined
    Once again proposed as one more presented so-called new thing in Earth’s history that is but
    ……another disguised repeating situation
    A long-term, skillfully devised machine and aberration of the truth as an Indoctrination
    That is but the profusion of a hellish and demonically disturbed, secretly designed
    ……thought
    Implemented today as a crafted, mortally built and purposed thing sown and overwrought

O God, You Who are higher than all of us mortal specks of dust; what am I supposed to think
    As I walk on this stage of a great and terrible theater of a dying nation…in one terrible blink?
    I am a weeping lover of the soul of our nation of America, one who painfully discerns
    As a heart who loves Truth, Wisdom, Love and Mercy and mourns for her and turns
    To Your higher Thought far above my little, insignificant breath in Your Great Universe
    Struggling with a thousand fears about the loss of that Original Premise of Heaven’s First
    ……..Hand of a Transverse
    Eternal Unit of Something that few this day are able to comprehend that is a spiritual forte’
    Of a much greater substance than all overcoming our land, not some cheap corps de ballet
    Of worthless entertainment that gratifies the flesh of mortality and gives them their thrill
    While they do not begin to recognize that what they eat and drink and take in is but a
    …….sanitary landfill?

My heart and spirit cries out this day hoping just to touch one or two, perhaps three souls
    Who might actually listen to just a word or two I send them beyond all of today’s controls
    Of this and that political realm and junk of the repetition defying the Art of History’s Sphere
    That convicts our day’s voices swirling in deep waters of an ever-changing pamphleteer
    And declares the same ole, same ole thing over and over again that cannot not lead to Truth
    Lost, yet once again, as only You, God, in your Infinite Wisdom see as the foolishness of youth
    Of Your Creation…surely, at some point, You must tire of all this like You did millennia ago
    Time after time in Earth’s History as You revealed Yourself as First, Absolute Generalissimo!

…continuing on both threads early am tomorrow morning

• amwick says:

My four braincells had to work overtime on that… My favorite part:
      ……mind

Funny thing about poetry… it is timeless. TY..

BTW if you signed up for wordpress, you have your own blog, did you know that? I have tried using mine.. I haven’t really got it done, but I think about it… it is there, waiting for you too. Maybe you could post some of your longer pieces and then we could visit…please though, do keep on with the excerpts, they are amazing. It takes a bit of fiddling around to figure it out, but even that is fun, like a puzzle.

• Yeah, it is a difficult piece. I’ve though long and hard for decades about this kind of thing..

After second thought early am this morning, I felt I should have put in a shorter excerpt to get things started. It was really too long for this forum though I wanted to convey the thought of the real heart of WDC as the evil place it is and has been for a long time and that this is bastion our President is fighting with every waking breath from 100 sides all around him.

I am aware about the WP blogging thing. Not gonna go there. I am almost fed up with WP to the max. I am having to type this comment all over again because WP wouldn’t post it. So I am not going to waste time blogging there. I may seek another avenue.

Anyway, thought you might like to check into these 2 links of past net activity under the name Angelle.

The first one is an article I wrote for Redstate a little over 3 years ago before it and Erick Erickson went of the rails into NeverTrump la la land. So keep that in mind.

The second link is a forum exchange on Chess.com, a site I played chess on and posted poems on. I handle name there was Magna_Canticle XII

• duchess01 says:

Angell, I am absolutely enthralled – by your presentation – awe-inspiring is your grasp of our world today – as for me – I take comfort God is in charge – and nothing happens without His knowledge and approval – even satan has to get His permission –

I, too, am amazed by the corruption and evil that lurks in DC – that President Trump was willing to walk into a den of thieves to save our Republic – I hope and pray God will delay His anger – until we have been able to correct all that He finds reprehensible in our nation today – I fear for the dumbed-down generation to come – who has been completely brainwashed – but, I am encouraged there is also a group of young people who are praising God and living their lives as He directs them –

Thank you so much for sharing your phenomenal insight with us – Amwick and I will digest your expertise one phrase at a time – and we will be able to stand side by side with the feeling of accomplishment that comes from a great work of art. God Bless You!

• angellestaria6674 says:

Duchess…you just made my day, a day and time in which I am fighting against so much evil…that it shocks me to still be alive after all these years.

Every comment/reply from you shows me your real, genuine heart to know the Lord our God and His indisputable truth, knowledge and wisdom. And remember what was that most essential thing of the apostle Paul’s heart…Philippians…”that I may know Him.”

You talk about digesting my expertise one phrase at a time…well…that is how I had to get it in the first place…meaning…suffering the insufferable circumstances one phase of life at a time over many years.

You don’t get to write stuff like this without going through the crucible fires of the day.

Bless you. You are on your way to the higher desire of our God. I have no doubt that His hand is holding you and that His Shadowing Wing is covering you.

Peace and blessings for your great week!

• duchess01 says:

Angell, I do not know what you life experience has been – but, I do know that God perfects us all by going through the fire – anyone who has not been through the fire and come out with a testimony will not understand half of what you have experienced – but, God wants it known – He wants your testimony – He longs for you to share it – and He wants to bless others through you! Of that, I am most certain!

God Bless You – but, I see He already has!

• bessie2003 says:

Thank you for sharing this excerpt.

That’s twice now, in reading your works, I find myself with images of hope. In this one the image of the risen Phoenix comes to mind. From the ashes of the old a new, revitalized nation has now the chance to emerge, wiser from the experiences of its past.

As in the poem of the beautiful child, when the imagery of the Innocents came to mind I was reminded of a passage from my favorite poem “Mystery of the Holy Innocents” by Charley Peguy:

I am God says . . .
      Master of the three virtues.
      Faith is a loyal wife,
      Charity is a fervent mother,
      But Hope is a very little girl . . .

I am God says the Lord of the Virtues
      It is Faith who holds fast through century upon century
      It is Charity who gives herself through century upon century
      But it is my little Hope who gets up every morning . . .”

Your poetry refreshes these images of Hope when reading them.
      Should you go ahead and create a WordPress site for sharing your writings, please be sure to let us know!

• waterside4 says:

Angell love your though processes.
        I try to be a bit of rhymester. In fact I usually think in couplets.
        As an anti Mann made global warmist I have “writ a lot of stuff”

As you are a well known fan of Kipling this ditty is written in his style.
        The “Green eye of the yellow God” was written in 1911 by J Milton Hayes who insisted it was not a poem.
        THE GREEN EYED PAGAN GODDESS

There’s a green eyed pagan goddess
        On plinth at CRU,
        There’s an eco crucifix above the town
        A broken hearted scientist
        Tends the grave of Mad Et Al
        While the green eyed pagan goddess gazes down.

He was known as Mad Et AL
        For he said the sky would fall,
        Due to warming from the rise in Co2
        With erroneous forecast
        He could not predict the past
        His science degree was a masters in voodoo.

He preached warming all along
        Which deep down he knew was wrong,
        No Mann made global warming was plain to all
        With his snout deep in the trough
        Endless grants were there to quaff
        Each day like a birthday with a ball.

Its a cruel Travesty
        There’s no rising of the sea,
        No melting ice or decline in Polar Bears
        There’s no hurricane of note
        South sea islands still afloat
        Why is it Gaia will not listen to our prayers?

If you will increase my grant
        I’ll be more a sycophant,
        Tell the politicians what they want to hear
        Invent some new computer games
        Call Realists nasty names
        Get to climate conferences every year.

Patrick healy.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Just love this. It actually made me smile.

Well, even if Hayes thought his poem not to be a poem, I do know there is a lot of very good stuff written that does not exactly rhyme, but yet are poems. But whom am I to argue with Hayes about his own “poem?” LOL

Btw, how emailing this to Al Gore! 😉

• Good to hear from you, Bessie.

Your reply is awesome!

I love that line…”But Hope is a very little girl…” because Hope needs to develop and grow up into a strong bastion of holy faith.

It’s reply comments like yours and Duchess further up-thread that remind me why I am here and elsewhere. I love to relate life and truth. For me, as well as many here, God is central in, and to, all things in our lives. Everything else is second. First Commandment…

“Jesus said, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it, you shall love your neighbour as yourself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.”

And I get the sense that a lot of Treepers here do a lot of both. I see how much people here love each other.

Blessings and so glad my piece blessed you.
        Have a great week.

7. smiley says:

this is what it looks like way up there right now…

…starting to turn deep orange.

🙂

• smiley says:

wow

it keeps changing depending on the clouds racing by overhead (high winds here in swfl)…

just emerged from a band of clouds…it’s actually 3 tones…deep copper ( southern edge), bright lemon yellow (in the center), with a brilliant neon green sliver crescent on the northern edge of it.

can see the beginning of the eclipse starting.

so cool !

…and so cold out.

Go Moony ! 😀

• The dimensions of the moon , how you could see the roundness of it, was so awesome smiley…And it was like you could see the space behind the moon … so beautiful..
        And I hope what I said made sense.

• czarowniczy says:

Zerto clouds here, sky is jet black and crystal clear. This is one of our better eclipses, a benefit of living way out in the sticks with no city light pollution.

• smiley says:

totally off topic but speaking of those sticks you live way out in….been watching Season 1 (all episodes in succession) of True Detective(s)…with Woody H. & Matthew Mc. in the lead roles…takes place in Louisiana.

really good…and really creepy sticks you got there.

ever watch it ?

you should.

😀

• czarowniczy says:

No, we finally got the stomach to watch Treme and we’ve been drinking, screaming at the TV and considering visiting the writers (at least the one still extant) and ask him WTF he got his information.
            We’re in the Mississippi sticks now, differentiated from the Louisiana sticks by the width of the Pearl River.

• Everett Miller says:

You really should visit cajun country in southern Louisiana, where TD 1 is set.
            Fantastic country, wonderful people, great food, music and dancing.

• smiley says:

I’ll bet it is…I think I’d enjoy it if I went there just for a visit…have been across country many times but never down thru Mississippi or Louisiana…the swamp thing doesn’t appeal to me much but the history & culture might, to a certain extent….and maybe bayou life is different from swamp( FL)…?

I love cajun music, food…

…as for how it’s usually depicted in movies/films… well…can’t help but wonder if I’d be spooked a little too much, all the voodoo & backwoods types…plus I remember the 60s very well.

that serial killer in Season 1…and his half-sister.. were 2 nasties, I’ll tell you !

would hate to encounter that on a hot humid night on a lonely dark road.

• wendy forward says:

Oh wow thanks, great picture.

• Conservativeinny says:

My youngest and I were out watching until midnight in NY. Had to come in to warm up. It was very interesting!

• smiley says:

at that stage…but more intense…extremely bright crescent edge to it.

so beautiful !

🙂

GOD puts on the BEST show. ❤

• angellestaria6674 says:

I know men use this term when referring to a woman, but I’m going to use for God’s Creation and its fascinating universal procedures…

DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!

• smiley says:

stretched out on a lawn chair to watch it, it’s directly overhead…bright full moon starting to emerge now..

incredibly luminous against the deep copper.

in the distance somewhere a dog is actually barking…slowly…at the moon. 😀

I’m pretending it’s a wolf. 😀

• angellestaria6674 says:

You must be in a lot warmer climate than what we have tonight. Not a lawn chair around here to be seen. LOL

• Dave says:

Local news here in West Palm Beach, Smiley: Two 24-year olds who should know better, were stretched out ON A REMOTE STREET to watch the eclipse! Police cruiser slowly patrolling area near a park, rolled over them going about 5 mph. Non-life threatening injuries as of last report. Area was totally away from lights for a better view, but no explanation as to why cruiser’s headlamps didn’t reveal them in road.

• smiley says:

looking like that…but much brighter.

clouds racing by make the moon look like it’s sailing across the sky.

so gorgeous.

…and so utterly silent….maybe that’s the best part. 😀

• angellestaria6674 says:

Really glad your taking these pics….eh, I’m assuming you are taking pictures yourself…if so what kind of camera and lens are you using?

• angellestaria6674 says:

Talk about utterly silent…

Psalms 19

Day by day utters speech, and night by night reveals knowledge.
          There is no speech nor language where their voice is not heard.

I realize the greater context of that Psalm concerns the circuits in which all the constellations and universal systems move in patterns which portend prophetic development in the plan of redemption.

But concerning the moon, David’s Psalm 89:37….”like the moon, established forever, a faithful witness in the sky.” That has to mean something, even if we don’t understand the full ramification and interpretation of God’s words through David in that account.

• czarowniczy says:

Best part was after the eclipse cleared the full moon lit up our farm like street lights. That clear sky and the moon being right overhead made it as bright as dawn, we could see clearly to the fart side of the lake some 300 yards away. That’s something you don’t get in the city.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Been watching the whole thing. Still watching. We had snow yesterday, so when that storm moved out, it really left a clean, crisp sky. This is one of the best, if not the best lunar eclipses out of all I’ve seen over the decades. Beautiful picture. I’ll save it to computer.

• cthulhu says:

NorCal — clouds, light rain. 😦

8. Julia Adams says:

Come Lord, Jesus; come, give your power to light and to good; come where falsehood, hatred, deception and deceitful people attack us, where ignorance of God abounds, violence and injustice predominate. Come Lord Jesus, give power to what’s good in this world and help us all to be bearers of your light, be strong never bending, peacemakers, witnesses of the truth. Come, Lord Jesus, we pray for your mercy and love to help us in times of our need. Come Lord, Jesus, come and show us the way forward. Peace be with you!

• angellestaria6674 says:

Awesome prayer, Julia.

It’s great to be able to come on here and see postings like this.

Bless you! and Shalom always and forever.

9. Conservativeinny says:

I hope this the right thread. If this is true, I’ve lost a little respect for Scott Adams even though he apologized. He was too quick to believe the MSM and post a hateful message against those Catholic School kids. It is mentioned in the article below. Can anyone on Twitter confirm?

10. F.D.R. in Hell says:

11. Garrison Hall says:

After much to long a time, i again heard this incredibly moving Judy Collins song when a Treeper (can’t remember who, alas) posted it awhile back. It reminded me of how much I enjoyed listening to Judy’s voice back-in-the-day. Its such a beautiful story of a time when working class people in post-war America could almost live a middle-class lifestyle. My father drove buses for a living; we lived paycheck-to-paycheck in a neighborhood of lawyers (across the street) dentists (just down the street). He aspired to be a writer, a dream that never happened. The other day I used Google Maps street view to visit my old neighborhood. The house where I lived as a child was still there. Surprisingly, it hadn’t change a bit.

Here’s a really good live performance of “My Father”. Thank you, Judy, for writing such a wonderful song.

12. czarowniczy says:

Moslems living in the southern Philippine region of Mindanao vote today on their becoming an autonomous state. The vote, which is expected to be a resounding ‘yes’ by the Moslem population, will give them control over executive, legislative and fiscal matters while Manila would retain defense, security, foreign and domestic monetary policy. Manila will appoint a transitional authority run by the Moro National Liberation Front, the terrorist group that will most likely dominate the area in the planned 2022 Mindinao elections.

This is going to have far reaching implications, stay tuned sports fans.

13. nwtex says:

14. nimrodman says:

Someone’s gonna have to curb his self-admiration (or is it self-adoration?):

India: Muslim clerics issue fatwa saying selfies are un-Islamic

15. smiley says:

BREAKING : ISRAEL

IDF Destroys Iranian Weapons, Military Strikes In PREDAWN Attack On Syria

Jan 21, 2019

The IDF announced, “We are warning the Syrian Armed Forces from trying to harm Israeli territory or its forces.”

IDF fighter jets struck Iranian/Syrian military targets, air defense batteries and Quds Forces positions in Syria.

this was “in response to the firing of a missile a day earlier toward The Golan Heights” by Iranian forces in Syria.

…that Iranian missile was intercepted by the Iron Dome (Israel).

more details about this at the link.

IDF is ready and alert .

• Jim in TN says:

When are we going to make our own Iron Dome?

• czarowniczy says:

This is just the latest of many Israeli AF attacks against Iranian/QUDS targets in Syria. MSM here isn’t reporting them, as it isn’t the full involvement of Iran in Syria, as it doesn’t fit their anti-Israel agenda. Foreign press has extensive coverage of the hundreds of IDF strikes against Iranian targets, you gotta go there as you won’t hear about most of it here.

• smiley2 says:

but a little more publicly this time…

…and with a “new battlefield” emerging…

• czarowniczy says:

Yup, this is going go get more interesting. Israel already, some years back, smacked an Iranian COMINT post inside of Syria early nin the war, ain’t no new news here.
          Now Turkey is going directly after those eastern Syrian provinces I said they would way back and Israel’s looking at not only keeping the Go,lan but possibly extending it a bit more into Syria.
          Russia’s unusually quiet, it’s almost certain they’ve worked out a deal with Israel on where Israel won’t hit and where Russia will allow the Iranian cutouts to stage in. Wondering if Russia and Turkey will work out a deal where Turkey keeps its old provinces in Syria, their serving as a security for Russian interests in Eastern Syria and Turkey gets more Russian petro involvement?
          Maybe Russia will even deal with Israel, letting it secure the Golan and the immediate territory that would give Israel full access to contested petro deposits in the Med if Israel uses Russian facilities to ship them out of? Back to that ‘Living in Strange Times’ thingie.

16. Lucille says:

Happy Bench Monday….

• Jim in TN says:

Some of those benches seem incidental. I even played ‘Where’s the bench?’ on a couple. But every great view deserves good benches, so I was distracted. Yup, that is the story I am sticking to.

17. nwtex says:

Bronx teacher fired over slavery lesson to sue for $1 billion
    January 10, 2019

• amwick says:

The lawsuit seems appropriate, but $1Billion? This kinda seems excessive. I blame lawyers… they get a third,,, I think. That makes it appear she is doing it for the money… or something.. :/

• duchess01 says:

Could be, amwick – but, this is serious – this is not just about one person; one lesson – it is about the entire education curriculum – trying to change history – trying to control what is taught in the schools – trying to dumb-down our children – I hope she wins – because I am so sick of these liberal loonies controlling the education system – there, I have said it!

• czarowniczy says:

Perhaps a black teacher should have taught the lesson, said teacher could have demonstrated to the black student how it felt to have a black owner as many black slaves in pre-Civil War South did.

18. Dora says:

Paul Cornayer – The Plaza After Rain (Before 1910)

19. smiley says:

Sunset at Scheveningen

oil/canvas

ca 1893

Hendrik Willem Mesdag ~ Dutch (1831-1915) ~ marine painter of The Hague School of painters (late 1800s) who were heavily influenced by the Barbizon style of Realism .

🙂

20. Dora says:

There was no way I could go outside last night to watch the moon. The cold and wind made it impossible.

It looks like I missed a good show, but at least there are lots of pictures.

===.

Amazing Photos of the Super Blood Wolf Moon of 2019!

• Chris says:

.. don’t feel too bad Dora my guess, ..you were not alone .. brutal cold and windchill in the NE kept many sheltered inside . Thx for the link and pics.

• bcsurvivor2 says:

Hubby and I were in bed and then I told him about the eclipse. We got up and settled in for the show. We live in central Florida so not too cold, but I still needed a blanket. What an amazing sight.
        We just returned home from a 4,800 mile road trip to Ft Collins Colorado that included a 4 night stay at a cabin (beautiful log home) in Fairplay Colorado…over 11,000 feet up in the Rockies. Lots of snow and -7 degrees. Moose were right outside. And a darling bird and his partner called a Shrike. So sweet and tame.
        On the way home we stopped at Palo Duro Canyon outside of Amarillo Texas. Who knew there was a huge beautiful canyon in Texas.
        My point? This country is a glorious and blessed nation.
        God surely did bless the USA.

21. Dora says:

Is nothing sacred?

====

Bible site where ‘God met Moses’ to be bulldozed for ‘super city’ by Saudi Arabia

• Jim in TN says:

Isn’t that supposed to be where Moses met God? Kinda pagan to think God doesn’t know his creation.

Besides, how do they know that is the site?

Somebody should modify that old song. ‘Paved the Burning Bush, put up a parking lot.’

22. smiley says:

this is a test…

if it posts, I now have a new name here.

smiley2

(having account issues w/ posting)

23. Dora says:

It is wicked out there. I’m glad this poor guy got inside safely.

24. Dora says:

This is outrageous!

=====

University of Notre Dame to cover murals of Christopher Columbus

The University of Notre Dame is set to cover a series of historic Christopher Columbus murals prominently displayed in a central building on campus.

Notre Dame President Rev. John Jenkins announced Sunday that Columbus’s arrival to the new world “was nothing short of a catastrophe” for the native peoples.

• Beverly says:

We really are living through the early stages of a Red Guard movement, like the shock troops of Mao’s “Cultural Revolution,” who in the beginning attacked Chinese historical monuments and artifacts, policed speech, and then tortured and murdered dissidents and “thought criminals.”

25. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.”
    Psalms 91:2 (KJV)

26. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

27. America is a better place because of the lives these men lived…………..God bless you MLK.

• Yes.really, MLK……….what “communist” ideology did MLK ever promote in his writings, or speech? Please point several out from his actual writings/speeches.

Your linked New American story reminds me of the slimming that President Trump deals with daily.

• smiley2 says:

well…did you actually read the article ?

and…he espoused & encouraged…and provoked… civil disobedience.

I remember it well.

but don’t take my word for it…do a little research on your own…it’s no secret.

• I remember it too. I read your link. It is garbage and makes no case that MLK was a communist.

Again, what communist ideology did MLK embrace in his speeches and writings? Specifics please.

BTW, civil disobedience is as American as apple pie and isn’t a “communist” ideology.

MLK didn’t not embrace violence. In fact, he rejected some within the civil rights movement that thought violent civil disobedience was required.

• smiley2 says:

…with Stokely (Black Power !) Carmichael ( and others) at The March Against Fear, 1966.

• Marching doesn’t make you a communist.

• smiley2 says:

what I said was…he had communist ties …that means influences .

he associated with and was influenced by the Black Nationalists, for one thing.

and a strong proponent of redistributing the wealth.

I don’t have to provide you with “quotes”…you can find them for yourself.

I remember those days…I remember the riots & violence that followed him in my own hometown.

serious violence….”peaceful” violence.

arms linked.

• Waiting on your specific quotes from MLK speeches and writings that embraces communist ideology…………………

• smiley2 says:

chill

keep loving MLK…doesn’t matter to me.

• czarowniczy says:

J. Edgar Hoover, head of the FBI and noted fashion maven, assigned William Sullivan to find a Communist connection with MLK but he was unable to find one (I know, he shoulda used Comey) but that didn’t stop Hoover from ‘leaking’ stories to the press about MLK’s Commie connections – part of the Bureau’s ;omg history of made-up evidence.

Side note: I was sitting th DaNang waiting for my flight back to the US when word came over AFN that MLK had been assassinated. Our flight, which was supposed to be to Frisco, instead was changed to Seattle and a whole Braniff 707 full of GIs wearing jungle fatigues was instead tossed off of the flight at SeaTac to stan in an open-sided shed in a snowstorm awaiting Customs as the USDA sprayed the inside of the polane for bugs. Damn near froze solid during the 40 minute wait for them to show up and clear us. All of our flights home were screwed up and a lot of our luggage was sent on without us meaning a goodly number of us flew out on civilian flights on the way home in the same fatigues we’d been wearing for two or three days. Folks knowing you were military in those days was bad enough but knowing you’d just flown in from Vietnam was a discomfort all of its own.

Side note 2: It was just before Katrina and our Fed agency was hiring students from a traditionally black college to help them make ends meet. The young woman assigned to my sector was sitting at my computer doing her homework and turned to the black machine operator who worked with me and said she was doing a term paper on MLK and did he know when MLK was assassinated. He didn’t know so he told her to ask me. She had sort of a shocked look and asked me if I knew the date, she was sort of sure it was in early 1972. I told her no, it was April 4, 1968…she asks me, with a sort of questioning look, if I were sure and I tell her I know the date because I was waiting for a flight out of Vietnam when the news broke the story. She gives me a quizzical look and I tell her that she’s sitting at my computer, LOOK IT UP!

Long story short she looks it up and – poof – it’s 4-4-68. She goes right back to work, no comment, no thanks, no ‘you were right’.

• Jim in TN says:

RTD, I have a challenge for you. Read MLK’s speeches from a Communist viewpoint.

I think you will find that people of such view points hear very different things in his words than say capitalists do. And they never hear their viewpoints put down either.

That is quite a skill he had. It raises interesting questions. But I have not found anything to say where he stood.

He welcomed many communists into his planning sessions, black and Hispanic. FBI has lots of records. Is this just a willingness to work with anybody to achieve his goals, a uniting of everyone pushing the freedom from victimization angle? Or was he a fellow traveler?

I find many more such disturbing questions when I look at what has become of the great movement he championed. Yes, some creep took him from us, and we never got to see how he would have proceeded. Without him, things have gone horribly wrong. His successors have become plantation masters in their own rights. Dealing out goodies to their subordinates for keeping the rest of the blacks on the plantation. Doling out crumbs to those who used to dream of freedom.

But that is not MLK. If you want to glimpse where MLK may have gone, look at his family. But gird yourself. There is one jewel and a lot more disappointment.

If you would rather hold on to your vision, that is fine. We all need heroes. But don’t be surprised to be joined in hero worship by people who are your enemies. Forget communists. There are quite a lot of people today who worship MLK, but are demonizing whites because of the color of their skin.

I refuse to believe that MLK was out there lying to us all about that. But so much of what the left did in that time frame was just a lie to push the pendulum to the other side. Guilt and shame are bad, unless the left uses them against us. We must accept everybody, but the left can reject us. The left must have freedom of speech, and assembly, etc., but now the left takes them away from us.

I would be greatly disappointed if MLK was like many of the left’s leaders back then, knowingly deceiving us for their own power grab so that they could abuse us with that power. But since he never got the chance to show the truth behind his dreams, we can continue to hold him up as a paragon to shame the left from their abuses. That is until his family sues us.

• MLK had no choice but let those activists join the movement. By doing so, he kept the violence within his movement at a minimum. He was a Republican, not a communist. To say he associated with communities is dumbing down history and slimming him the same way President Trump is being slimmed – thru associations.

And let’s remember. The overwhelming violence was not coming from the civil rights movement, but from the white Dixiecrats who used dogs, clubs, lynching, church bombings, etc., as a means to intimidate and stop the civil rights movement. SNCC was envisoned by MLK to be a non-violent activist organization intended to get young people involved – voter registration. When they became radicalized by Carmichael, MLK distanced himself from it.

• smiley2 says:

he was what’s called a “Lincoln Republican”…and most likely before the Civil Rights Act of 1964 .

he did associate with known communist radicals…there’s no denying that fact.

he was vociferously anti Vietnam (for all the Leftist reasons) and very pro social justice: divide and spread the wealth.

he was exactly what the communist agenda needed for racial unrest and the class struggle ..aside from The Black Panthers…or irrespective of The Panthers.

to try to cal it “dumbing down” is disingenuous.

he was a political activist…his associations that you seem to want to deny gave him “street cred” .

..and gave the communist Left a “peaceful” and “reverent” image.

• smiley2 says:

one association in particular that I recall was King’s close association with Jesse Jackson…who, incidentally, might not be card carrying member of CPUSA but who certainly serves the communist’s interests …and who was promoted by King to head the SCLC (Southern Christian Leadership Conference)….among other things.

• You posted earlier, “end of story”……..you seem to want the last word…have at it my friend, slime thru association an authentic American hero if it makes you feel better. It is the same tactic used against candidate, nominee and now President Trump.

• If you read the King memoirs you would understand the immense battle he had NOT to let the radical violent wing of the civil rights movement take the upper hand. Even in the face of American blacks being lynch, burned, beat, attacked by dogs and other Bull Conner type intimidation, King kept relative calm within the the movement.

It was the white Dixiecrats who were violent and out of control.

Stop with your smears and twisting of our history. King was not a communist, a communist sympathizer or someone who believed communism should be part of our the American political dialogue.

You keep smearing the man with guilt by association accusations. Please give us something he said or spoke that is remotely from the communist manifesto.

• JX says:

The Southern Christian Leadership Conference was founded by King, Bayard Rustin (CPUSA member), and Fred Shuttlesworth (president of communist Southern Conference Educational Fund)

King attended the “Highland Folk School” alongside CPUSA Central Committee member Abner Berry, editor of the Daily Worker.
              Students were encouraged to read The Daily Worker.

• Joe K Lombard says:

The Kennedy’s ?? The most over-rated family in America

28. I am chilled. I stand with President Trump when he calls MLK a great American hero. You are free to stand elsewhere, doesn’t matter to me.

• smiley2 says:

still talkin to me ??

wow…you took the whole thing way too personally .

no disrespect intended toward you …none of it was about you.

I’ll never see him as “a great American hero”.

doesn’t mean I’m anti-Trump…

…or anti-you.

is what it is.

end of story.

29. Dora says:

STANDING WITH GOD & THE UNBORN: Trump, Pence Do It Again
    Written by Michael J. Matt

The day may come when we’ll all look back on these as the good old days when an American president was still willing to stand strong for God’s greatest gift to the world—life itself.

Trump’s enemies at this point are legion, and they will stop at nothing to destroy him and those who voted for him.

Pray for him, pray for his re-election, pray for his conversion. And thank God for this moment of truth in a world full of lies:

30. amwick says:

Fox made an oopsie.. actually showed this on TeeVee

this was a mistake

31. chickenhawk says:

I’m really bothered by the attack on these Covington school kids. This needs to be investigated from all angles and blown wide open. I’ve read where the native Indian may not actually have been in Vietnam; need specifics about his service. Video doesn’t show the kids instigating anything. I believe it is simply hatred for a pro-Trump person and MAGA hat, hatred for their religious beliefs and the Walk for Life, and throw in for good measure, hatred for white males.

If the circumstance was reversed with a group of white men yelling profanities at a group of black students, you better believe the MSM would have a different take on the matter.

As someone famous once said, “This is a teachable moment”. Yes, let’s show America how hateful the left has become and let’s show everyone how fake news is born and propagated.

• lizzieintexas says:

Real honor..

• pnj01 says:

All one needs to do is look at their calmness next to the wildings of kids who hear there are new sneakers about to go on sale who try to get in early to steal the sneakers. OR the “youth” of ANTIFA who decide not to let drivers down certain streets in Downtown Portland.

Charlie Kirk has a U-Tube up right now that suggests a comparison with the video of a boy and girl outside the Supreme Court who were harassing a 71 Year Old WHITE Viet Vet who was holding a poster supporting Brett Kavanaugh during last year’s hearings. The blonde girl attacking him was jumping up and down well within his personal space and she then knocked over his poster. That confrontation got almost no attention because “white boys”are not allowed even to wear MAGA hats. They are supposed to shut up and go along with the Vanguard of the Proletariat, otherwise known as the Democrat Apparatchiks.

• rashomon says:

If you watch one of the long (over an hour) videos available on YouTube, you will be dismayed by the media’s coverage of this incident and their devised clips and comments by their “newsreaders” — and I mean “readers” as every station used exactly the same fable and words to describe the event.

I congratulate these high school students for their calm response to being taunted by the Black Hebrew activists for being Catholic and wearing MAGA hats. They approached the young men, who were waiting for their bus back to Kentucky at a designated spot, as did the member of the Omaha tribe who confronted the students with non-stop drumming. Whatever the intentions of the three groups, the media used the event as click bait, not to tell any semblance of the truth. Frankly, it’s a non-story except for the brouhaha the reporters have instigated for their own benefit.

32. duchess01 says:

For Lucille and other horse lovers….

Wildfire- Michael Martin Murphey

33. Monticello says:

34. czarowniczy says:

Don’t know if anyone posted it but back in December a story about a Chinese doctor who edited twin babies genes in an attempt to make them immune to HIV. He announced his work at a conference in Hong Kong and it almost immediately went viral. His reaction to the uproar was to apologize publicly but there’s some things that don’t mesh.

Here we have a doctor who’s researching, manipulating genes in an open lab environment in a university setting and no one sees what he’s illegally doing and reports him? Why does this otherwise intelligent and capable scientist openly say he’s submitted his work to a major scientific journal that says they never heard of his paper? On top of this the Chinese government, who desperately wants us to believe that despite its iron grip on the country, says it knew nothing about his work an decries it.

Only thing wrong here is that we’ve known for many years the Chinese government’s been doing work on genetic manipulation in a joint sports/military program designed to produce better sports teams and military members. Remember Yao Ming? He was the result of a selective breeding program but that’s too slow and unreliable while finding those qualities in the human genome the State requires and manipulating the pre/post fertilization is faster and more sure, or so the Chinese believe. Something smells and it ain’t the shrimp paste.

I’m wondering if this weren’t an attempt to bring the research out of the shadows by the Chinese government? It’s just too improbable that this could have come out as it did, the Chinese wanted to get the whole thing out there to put this in the dual-use area, both medical proactive eugenics designed to eliminate genetic defects. This would allow China open access to outside research and the ability to pursue their nationalistic goals in the shade.

35. LafnH20 says:

Desiderata
    GO PLACIDLY amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment, it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

By Max Ehrmann © 1927
    Original text

• andyocoregon says:

Go placidly amid the noise and waste,
      And remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
      Avoid quiet and passive persons, unless you are in need of sleep.
      Rotate your tires.
      Speak glowingly of those greater than yourself,
      And heed well their advice, even though they be turkeys.
      Know what to kiss, and when.
      Consider that two wrongs never make a right, but that three do.
      Wherever possible, put people on hold.
      Be comforted that in the face of all aridity and disillusionment,
      and despite the changing fortunes of time,
      There is always a big future in computer maintenance.

Remember The Pueblo.
      Strive at all times to bend, fold, spindle, and mutilate.
      Know yourself. If you need help, call the FBI.
      Exercise caution in your daily affairs,
      Especially with those persons closest to you –
      That lemon on your left, for instance.
      Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls
      Would scarcely get your feet wet.
      Fall not in love therefore. It will stick to your face.
      Gracefully surrender the things of youth: birds, clean air, tuna, Taiwan.
      And let not the sands of time get in your lunch.
      Hire people with hooks.
      For a good time, call 606-4311. Ask for Ken.
      Take heart in the deepening gloom
      That your dog is finally getting enough cheese.
      And reflect that whatever fortune may be your lot,
      It could only be worse in Milwaukee.

You are a fluke of the universe.
      You have no right to be here.
      And whether you can hear it or not,
      The universe is laughing behind your back.

Therefore, make peace with your god,
      Whatever you perceive him to be – hairy thunderer, or cosmic muffin.
      With all its hopes, dreams, promises, and urban renewal,
      The world continues to deteriorate.
      Give up!

….National Lampoon 1971

36. Dora says:

Today in History.

===

Louis XVI, King, Martyr: a Catholic going to death and His Last Will and Testament

On January 20, 1793, the National Convention condemned Louis XVI to death, his execution scheduled for the next day. Louis spent that evening saying goodbye to his wife and children.

The following day, January 21, dawned cold and wet. Louis arose at five. At eight o’clock a guard of 1,200 horsemen arrived to escort the former king on a two-hour carriage ride to his place of execution.

• LafnH20 says:

Thank You, Dora.
      I had never known of His Last Will and Testament.

In a word… Powerful.

From the link…

I commend my children to my wife; I have never doubted her maternal tenderness for them. I enjoin her above all to make them good Christians and honest individuals; to make them view the grandeurs of this world (if they are condemned to experience them) as very dangerous and transient goods, and turn their attention towards the one solid and enduring glory, eternity.

• ByrdDeplorable says:

And, today, Count Henri d’Orleans died in Paris. He was a “cousin” of Louis XVI and “ pretender to the French throne.

• Beverly says:

In Ann Coulter’s book “Demonic,” she goes into detail about the horrors of the French revolution’s Reign of Terror. What they did to Marie Antoinette was unspeakable. And their lies about that poor woman still live.

37. JX says:

Bible site where ‘God met Moses’ to be BULLDOZED for ‘super city’ by Saudi Arabia

Neom is a project proposed by Riyadh that would cover 10,200 square miles – 33 times the size of New York – and would end up covering the suspected Holy site from the Bible

38. Anon says:

So much negative stuff going on that I can’t do anything about. Maybe it’s worth consuming less news and focusing on stuff actually in front of you and under your control. Maybe one day a week read up to stay informed? Idk

That kid in the news this week – he reminds me so much of myself in high school.

39. nikkichico7 says:

Overcoming Life’s Ups and Downs
    JANUARY 21, 2019

Philippians 4:10-13
    10 But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at last you have revived your concern for me; indeed, you were concerned before, but you lacked opportunity. 11 Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. 12 I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. 13 I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

Have you ever heard a testimony from someone who has been through a horrible tragedy and seen firsthand the faithfulness of God in that situation? We pay close attention to these accounts because they inspire us to trust the Lord. And of all the witnesses to God’s grace in times of trouble, none is more compelling than the apostle Paul.

Paul was no stranger to hardship. Throughout his ministry, he was dragged, beaten, stoned, arrested, shipwrecked, and accused of heresy by both the Jewish leaders and the Roman government (2 Corinthians 11:23-28). This was certainly a contrast to his early life, when he enjoyed opportunities that his Roman citizenship and Jewish education provided.

In the midst of these amazing ups and downs in his life, Paul discovered a valuable lesson. In Philippians 4:11, he writes, “I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.” His attitude didn’t change with his circumstances—it remained constant whether he had plenty or was in need (Phil. 4:12).

Paul referred to this contentment as a “secret” but then revealed the source of this attitude in the very next verse: “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me” (Phil. 4:13). He is speaking, of course, about Jesus.

In ourselves, there is no way we can muster contentment in every situation. But once we understand that God works through our trials to make us more like His Son and that our union with Christ strengthens us to endure and even rejoice, we have a strong foundation for contentment no matter what is going on around us.
    intouch.org
    Dr. Charles Stanley

40. nuwildcat1977 says:

I just want to thank all of you “Treepers”. It goes without saying that Sundance is the straw that stirs the drink here, I learn so much from him. But I also learn from your comments and for that I thank you.

41. czarowniczy says:

OOOoooookay, military retirees, your good friends at the Congressional Budget Office are back onto their unlubed BOHICA projections for lowering the budget deficit.

First, they want to more than double the premiums for Tricare Prime for working age retirees and either institute like premiums for Tricare For Life or increase the the co-pays…or both.

Next the CBO’s looking at benefits for disabled veterans. These measures include ending compensation for conditions the GAO (NOT any medical authority) says are not caused or aggravated by military service and ending nonemployability benefits for vets when they reach 67, the age they are eligible for full Social Security. Of course this ignores the fact that as an unemployable vet they don’t get the same SS that they’d have received had they not been injured, their incomes will be significantly reduced.

The CBO also suggests sharply reducing disability benefits for vets on Social Security (again sharply reducing their incomers) and eliminating payments for vets with less than a 30% disability.
    This will reduce a chunk of the now-to-2028 deficit they say, but at the expense of military members who’ve become disabled while in service.

OF NOTE – NOWHERE can I find a recommendation by the CBO that illegal immigrants, or any immigrants for that matter, have their benefits reduced or even capped. We find, once again, that illegals have more rights and benefits than those folks who’ve been injured in defense of the country. Veterans who’ve been injured and disabled fighting militant Islam now are facing fewer benefits for their sacrifice than those who’ve fought against them or supported those who fought against them get if they come here. The world turned upside down.

42. andyocoregon says:

She’s still making money of her dead thug kid after all these years. It was said to have been a sold out crowd.

43. andyocoregon says:

This renowned Chinese restaurant in Portland has finally met its match when it comes to funny signs:

44. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.