Saturday January 19th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen โ€

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

273 Responses to Saturday January 19th – Open Thread

1. citizen817 says:

Happy Caturday!

2. Garrison Hall says:

Classic Joni. Lyrical, sly, and funny . . .

3. citizen817 says:

Caturday surprise!

…personal history…thinking a lot about the past tonight…1:17am-EST

MY LITTLE ONE: Part 1

She’s only a little breath in the wind
      This little one whose heart captures my own
      But every Angel of tender love that I’ve ever known
      Sees her before she falls
      Before she is lost to humanity,
      Who cannot know her innocence in their vanity
      And as a spirit of joy and smallest beauty of light
      Moves me to a river of Heaven’s tears this silent night
      And I cry more than a thousand souls who do not care
      What happens to her when she falls and falls through air…

O! God help me in my tears for such as these
      The smallest ones of earthen love who would please
      Our hearts with joy and love that only her kind can
      As jewels in the Sun Who look down upon mortal sand
      To gather up souls lost in the shadows of the night’s reflections
      As Moon, Venus, Mars and Orion’s connections
      Of a heavenly speech and coming revelation
      Declares the promise of justice, law and reparation
      Once more, finally, in defense of the innocents
      The smallest diamonds of love from whence
      The very Angels of God weep over the loss of her
      More than the vanity of many whose pride would prefer
      The dust of the wind, the lust of the flesh and eyes
      And every evil thing from the Beginning of lies
      Wherein the root of all the darkness of sin
      Kills such as these little ones whose spirits within
      The very heart of God Who weeps a river of tears
      In my heart this day, this age and time of fears
      Would overcome my passion, my life of love
      The root of Heaven and the peace of God above
      All the darkest clouds that devour the helpless child
      And who care not for the mercies of our God and meekness mild
      Once given in the ancient root of our Messiah’s death
      Raised again in the power of life and Heaven’s breath…

Angelle Staria 2008

• angellestaria6674 says:

Youtube grossly messed me up here and posted the video above instead of what it should have. Gosh, I wish Sundance would give us an edit button. The video below is what was supposed to be with my poem. Hope this link posts what it should.

• angellestaria6674 says:

What is it about idiot youTube that it won’t post what it should tonight? ARRRGGGH!

Try one more time.

• YL Calif says:

Your mistake was absolutely beautiful. The melody along with the poem brought tears streaming down my cheeks remembering the loss of my beautiful California as we all seek justice.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Thank you so much for that.

I was pretty deeply emotional posting that.

The children thing goes deeper in me than just about anything. I just cannot adequately express the depth, and yes, the piercing soul wrenching pain of it all. So that’s when I write a poem…..and generally go through a lit of kleenex in the doing so.

There was a time when a lot of people thought for a man to cry was to show weakness. Not this man. Not now, not ever.

Glad my presentation moved and blessed you.

Peace!

• duchess01 says:

Your posts rarely cease to amaze me, angellestaria6674!

This one, in particular, is especially endearing.

You are richly blessed with the knowledge, understanding, and wisdom of things unimaginable – however – I have to admit – when I saw the word ‘pan’ in the video related to your poem – I was confused – until I researched ‘Pan’s Labyrinth’ – sorry about the wikipedia link – however – it is what I needed to calm myself – * Sigh *

The original Spanish title refers to the fauns of Roman mythology, while the English, German and French titles refer specifically to the faun-like Greek deity Pan. However, del Toro has stated that the faun in the film is not Pan.[5]

You have an astounding ability – extraordinary ability, actually – to draw the reader into the depth of your emotional experience – I am just astonished and elated!

Thank you, sincerely, angell – for blessing us this day – May God Bless you abundantly for blessing us!

• angellestaria6674 says:

Thx so much duchess. I am always s.o glad when something I post blesses the reader and listener.

All that you said about me, I credit the Lord’s great grace of having gotten me through a thousand fires of a lot of really bad stuff in life. I only write what comes out of the power of all that in my heart, mind and soul. I am not a fan of fiction. I like real life, hard as it is at times.

You might want to go back and take a look at my re-posting of this piece as a new comment. I included the 3 pictures that went with the original presentation posted years ago. And also, I got the video in the right place this time.

Bless you and have a great weekend!

• duchess01 says:

Oh, I understand perfectly, angell – the inspiration does not come from within us without trial – trial is the purification and perfection of wisdom – I can see you have been through the fire many times – had you not – you would not be able to articulate the wisdom you have gained so eloquently and accurately – ๐Ÿ™‚

Ah, yes – the Lord’s great grace – the Spirit of God within you – nothing compares to that – ๐Ÿ™‚

I will most definitely look at your ‘summary’ post – Thank You!

• angellestaria6674 says:

And bless you. You absolutely correct…remembering Peter’s word about the fiery trial.

If one is not tested…well…without the strain, there is no strength.

Shalom ๐Ÿ™

• duchess01 says:

Amen…Amen…and Amen!

• angellestaria6674 says:

By the way, the experience that I drew from happened long before that movie.

But, I’ve seen the movie. It is a horribly dark and sad and concerns a little girl’s evil stepfather who ended up killing her. It’s just a movie, but the theme lullaby is beautiful and unfortunately, it is a movie that plays out in real life when you consider the horrible atrocities of what adults do to children…seems it’s getting worse and worse. But the apostle Paul did say, in the last days, men will wax worse and worse.

It’s good you did your research on the word pan. I commend you for that. We need to be sure and avoid confusion. Never hurts to check. None of my works, and I have many, have anything to do with new age stuff, mythology or what have you. But to some degree I have always been interested in mythology since a kid, but I understand where all of it comes from and what it is rooted in…that going back the giants of the Old Testament, one of the reasons God flooded the Earth in Noah’s day and why the Lord commanded the killing of everything at times when Moses and Joshua went to battle, even David….e.g.Goliath and his brothers.

Take care, friend.

• duchess01 says:

Thank you, again, for the background information – it is difficult for the reader to relate to the writer and his/her purpose/meaning if he/she does not know from where the writer comes – often times – a little research goes a long way to understanding the intent of the writer –

I, too, was fascinated by mythology at one time – but, in my heart – I knew – it was not real – unfortunately, there is truth in the oddest of places – not speaking of the Biblical Stories – of course – but, in the fantasy/mythical places – pan started out being whimsical – almost endearing – just as ‘Puck’ did in a Midsummer Night’s Dream – they are fun – but, they are not real.

Children live in a world of fantasy until they begin to understand reality – and it can be shocking when they do – however – what we know of the evil perpetrated on children today – is unconscionable – when one thinks of the joys of childhood – it sickens and saddens me – I hope and pray – it ends.

Thanks for the insight, angell – * Smile *

• angellestaria6674 says:

I never was a fan of stuff like Alice in Wonderland.

My grandmother who helped raise us got us into a lot of good reading and excellent music…so of course I love the periods of Baroque, Classical and Romance. She did us well in that regard.

The ending of my poem in referencing our Messiah….is the ending of all evil. Unfortunately, evil works and deeds against children will continue until then, but I had to end the poem with that coming hope.

I keep a file of pictures and backround stories of a number of brutal cases in which children were murdered or otherwise. My picture that my computer opens with is a little girl who was one of those victims. I keep this in my heart to keep some things in perspective and keep my heart tender before God. Sometimes just thinking about some of the cases hurts so deep, I cannot cry…it’s an incomprehensible anguish, the only comfort being that I know Whose Hands they are in.

Blessings

• duchess01 says:

I completely understand the good influence of family – my parents sent us to a good school – where we were exposed to the Classics in Literature, Music, and the Arts – we all went to college – in different fields – of course – but, education was treasured then – unlike now – it is sullied – but, God is Good – He guides our paths so that we can be the best we can be – and serve Him in the capacity for which He has chosen us –

The only comfort I can garner from the children in peril is that many of them are with Jesus now – and at peace – for those who are still in peril – I pray for Warrior Angels to rescue them and end their suffering – through the love of others! Suffer the little children – so painful – gonna cry…

• angellestaria6674 says:

Talk about the Warrior Angels to rescue them…

I am blessed to do so.

Regardless of my age and health issues that are rather dreadfully, even terrifyingly negative at times…I will get up and go to whatever great mission of God’s mercy at the instant I hear from Him to walk into…one more time again.

We are not on this earth of His creation for ourselves or for the self-serving, self-gratifying pleasure of our bodies and carnal souls…we are here to love, serve, obey and as it is written in Paul’s book of Romans, to offer our bodies and whole beings to God and Jesus Christ as a living sacrifice…whatever the cost…and that cost is great and nearly incomprehensible at times when God requires us to go down into the lowest bowels of Hell where we know, we may very well suffer great and dreadful pain for Him…and perhaps, for many others who may or may not appreciate our sacrifices at the time.

Shalom!!!

• duchess01 says:

So true, angell! We must be willing to OBEY no matter how painful it may be – one thing for which I am very grateful is the increase in Prayer Warriors in the last 10 years – personal suffering has its benefits and rewards – but, many do not want to suffer to receive – they just want to receive without doing anything to deserve the blessing – and then – there are the complainers – who cannot see anything good in what is happening at present – or those who want for ‘instant gratification’ – unwilling to ‘Wait on the Lord’ – it can be daunting – impossible to bear – but God is Great in His Gifts – and He will keep on giving as long as we Believe!

Peace Be With You!

• angellestaria6674 says:

I told my sister just now on the phone about our connection today. She’s read your posts…and said of you…”she sounds like one of the real, true Christians.”

My sister has lived through a lot of hellish stuff because of being closely associated with me over the years. She knows and understands that great divide between lip-professing and genuine God-devoted, worshiping Christians.

We know and understand the apostasy of today’s carnal, self-gratifying, so-called house of God in the earth, some of which borderlines on cult beliefs and false doctrines.

Few there are who are correctly and scripturally discerning the signs of the time and the Lord’s changing of the times and season. DANIEL 2:20-22.

Stay strong sister, stay strong!

AS

• duchess01 says:

Amen, angell – God Bless You Both Real Good – You bet I will – Stay Strong – You both do the same – in Jesus’ precious and holy name – Amen

Updating…

I remember that the first piece of music that I posted my poem to was the PL lullaby. My beloved, faithful to God sister did remember the actual first song I joined to my poem.

It was Deuter’s piece, UNO.

I know he is new age, but his musical composition is extraordinarily beautiful, even if he had no clue that God blessed him to compose such a beautiful piece of music. Same for partying, wild Mozart.

Go to youTube and enter..

Deuter Uno

So you can now appreciate a deeper thrust of the music I originally used 11 years ago posting this poem. I listen to this and wonder…how long, O Lord, how long before I know, that is, can actually wrap my whole, desiring soul around the beauty of this kind of music…and even more so, that greatest MUSIC that comes out of the very Heart of Jesus Christ…that very, very few perceive and discern to be so great a grace You abundantly give us.

I have to be critically honest enough to say…your reply comments have so blessed me and help to confirm why I am posting on TCTH.

Thank you for that!

Shalom…always and forever!

• duchess01 says:

Amen, angell! Thank you for the blessing back – Peace be with you, too – so hard to come by in this troubled, evil world – but, God sends us little blessings daily – we just need to take notice – He loves us so much! And – He loves it when we edify others, too –

* Smile *

You got it!

The Lord has His strange, but marvelous ways to join together members of the Body of Jesus Christ…and the Gates of Hell cannot and will not prevail against or thwart His Eternal Purpose.

So glad to have deeply connected with you here in our wonderful tree house today.

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• duchess01 says:

How sweet, angell – the pleasure is mine as well – * Happy Day *

๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Hey and good Caturday.

I reposted my poem with the original 3 pictures that were supposed to go with it and the correct video…so it is all good as it should have been early am this morning. So you might want to go back, read and view as it was originally posted years ago.

Have a great weekend!

• angellestaria6674 says:

Don’t know if you’re on here everyday, but just in case, letting you know that I posted a new poem about a little angel, with a picture and very sweet and tender song selection. Thought you might like to read.

Blessings and have a great day.

• Garrison Hall says:

๐Ÿ™‚

• SnapperCheeks says:

Beautiful. Thank you.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Hey citizen. If my poem and the two extra attempts to get youTube to post the right video all seem out of place as a reply to your comment, well, uh…yeah, it is. Don’t know how I ended up here. LOL

Anyway, Happy Caturday to you and yours.

PS: The third video was finally the right one.

• amwick says:

Word press happens. Here’s you t shirt! ๐Ÿ˜„

Thank you.

I will accept your offer of said T-shirt! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Have a great weekend!

• amwick says:

Saturday was stressful.. But things are getting back to normal, except I have at least six loads of laundry… ๐Ÿ™‚

Whoa…6 loads…better u than me! ๐Ÿ˜

Last night I just about blew my top over WP. It wouldn’t post some of my comments. I’ll skip the details. But at least I got my poem, picture and video to post correctly this time.

So thanks…uh…you’re scratching your head by now and wondering….

My thanks is for t-shirt #2. I earned it last night…again. ๐Ÿ™ƒ

• wendy forward says:

Beautiful babies.

4. Deplorable_Infidel says:

A Solemn Agreement

The Apostle Paul, referring to his journey to Jerusalem to tell the apostles and elders there about the good news that had been committed to him, says:

โ€œAnd I went up by revelation and COMMUNICATED UNTO THEM THAT GOSPEL WHICH I PREACH AMONG THE GENTILES, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vainโ€ฆ And when James, Cephas [Peter] and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, THEY GAVE TO ME AND BARNABAS THE RIGHT HANDS OF FELLOWSHIP, that we should go unto the heathen [Gentiles, nations], and they unto the Circumcision [Israel]โ€ (Gal. 2:2-9).

Here, by solemn agreement, Peter, James and John promised publicly to confine their ministry to Israel while Paul went to the Gentiles with his โ€œgospel of the grace of God.โ€ This is striking in view of the fact that the twelve, not Paul, had originally been sent into all the world.

Were they all out of the will of God in making this agreement? By no means! Subsequent revelation proves that they were all very much in the will of God and that with the rejection of Christ God had ushered in a new program.

In the light of these Scriptures it is difficult to understand how anyone can argue that Paulโ€™s ministry was merely a perpetuation of that of the twelve, or that โ€œthe gospel of the kingdomโ€ and โ€œthe gospel of the grace of Godโ€ are identical.

If the above passage teaches anything clearly, it teaches the unique character of Paulโ€™s apostleship and message. The Apostle devotes almost two chapters of his letter to the Galatians to the fact that he had not received his message from the twelve, but rather had communicated to the twelve.

He stresses the fact that those who had first been sent to all nations, โ€œbeginning at Jerusalem,โ€ had now, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, agreed to turn over their Gentile ministry to him that he might proclaim far and wide โ€œthe gospel of the grace of God,โ€ as found in Eph. 2:8,9 and Rom. 3:24.

By Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

Galatians 2:2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.
      3 But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised:
      4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:
      5 To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.

6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man’s person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:
      7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
      8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)
      9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
      9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Romans 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

5. Deplorable_Infidel says:

HAPPY CATURDAY

6. Prettyplease says:

Happy Caturday!!๐Ÿ˜ป

• Prettyplease says:

As a footnote, my Mr. Boo passed away Friday afternoon. He was such a sweet, happy little guy.

Image-1.jpg

• amwick says:

To post a pic you have to upload it to the internet. I have been using postimage, https://postimages.org/ It is pretty easy, just give it a try, and after the upload copy and then paste the direct link, on its own line in the comment box.

I did this with a stupid tablet, so, it really is easy.

• amwick says:

Sunrise, Fort Lauderdale,
          We are back!

• Hey thx 4 this. Wish I would have had it early am when I posted my poem up above. There are 3 pictures I always include when posting that poem. I used to use the regular html, then photobucket, but this may be better. I’m gonna try it and hope it works and post the 3 pictures in a reply to this reply. We’ll see. If it works I may repost my poem with everything like it should have before youTube and word press made me think bad, bad things! lol

I already tried posting something a little while ago on the Presidential open thread about Trump’s strategy with the shutdown and included a link to the first article over at American Thinker. But wordpress did not post my comment. So I near to beginning my day cursing wordpress.

• angellestaria6674 says:

The link won’t work. I had it up a little while ago, now just a blank page. Turning this laptop off before I throw it across the room. Ugh! It’s not wordpress this time.

• amwick says:

I was on the ship and I needed to print out boarding passes. I had a ‘puter, and all the stuff I needed, but when the boarding passes showed up on the screen, nothing was there. I tried and tried, then just had to settle on an email boarding pass. I had no clue, but the people at the airport helped us. It is like do it yourself baggage tagging and boarding pass printing right at a kiosk… *sighs….. So I get it. Technology is smarter than me.. really.

• angellestaria6674 says:

And sometimes tech is just downright….(fill in the blanks with any choice words of your choosing. Lol)

I did get that link working. I’m really grateful you put it in your comment yesterday.

7. Janie M. says:

Timing is everything!

8. suejeanne1 says:

With the Buzzfeed Bombshell juggernaut falling apart for CNN, NYT, MSNBC and others, there was even a brief moment of the possibility of apologies being discussed . . .

I think this might be a good time to reexamine the NYT story about Congressman Steve King from Iowa – he has sought to defend himself, to say that the NYT has totally mischaracterized his comments and that he is not a racist – WHY were people so willing to buy into this story from a known purveyor of fake news, the NYT?

Has it occurred to anyone in the Republican leadership (that was so swift to condemn and punish Mr. King) that HIS constituency is in Iowa and perhaps this might have something to do with preparing for the Iowa caucus, turning Iowa perhaps into a Charlottesville situation, to associate President Trump with the same smear used on Mr. King and so on and so forth.

I think the NYT story should be reexamined, apologies are due Mr. King and the punishments/removal from committees should be reversed. That was totally the old Republican Party which is no longer acceptable – if it ever was – the Republican voters who voted for Donald J. Trump want to see the Republican Party stand up for the people we elected.

What was done to Congressman Steve King is in the mode of George W. Bush and Mitt Romney, just letting US and the USA get walked over!

• Jim in TN says:

Dems have a long history of insisting on investigating allegations that have no proof. The seriousness of the charge is all that matters. Make a false accusation, investigate it, smear your enemy for years. Don’t count this ‘fwilure’ out just yet.

Besides, it sounds like part one of arguing that we have to see the Mueller report to prove Trump’s innocence, so we can smear him with it. Remember, besides insinuations and smears, Mueller has dug through everything the dems have demanded to smear Trump. Taxes and business dealings, etc. Decades of it.

• SnapperCheeks says:

Pretty sure that Rashinda Tlaib should be out as well with her impeach the MF’er comment about a sitting President. She was WAAAAAYYYYYY out of line but it seems to have been swept under the rug she brought with her…

• BigMamaTEA says:

It’s Kevin McCarthy, Majority Leader, RINO tutelage of Boehner, then Paulie RYNO….

9. Garrison Hall says:

Happy Caterday, Treepers. . . .

A brave little kitty is helped by some wonderful people. This is a story about the power of hope. ๐Ÿ™‚

10. dbethd says:

The GoFundMe campaign to build the Trump Border Wall has now raised over $20.66 million dollars to fund the US border wall with Mexico.

This past week Brian launched an organization โ€œWe Build The Wallโ€ to ensure the funds raised are used appropriately on the project.

โ€˜We Build the Wallโ€ has added a board to oversee the management of funds raised. Board members include Sheriff David Clarke, Erik Prince, Kris Kobach, two โ€œangelโ€ parents and a former Congressman.

** If you contributed to the GoFundMe page before January 11 YOU MUST OPT IN to make sure your donation is transferred to the secure โ€œWe Build the Wallโ€ organization.

We hear that of the 324,144 donors who contributed on or before January 11th, 51% responded in the first 7 days.
    Of those who responded, 93.4% still want their donation to go to building the wall.

The people want the wall!

If you donated before January 11 you still have 83 more days to opt-in!

11. Grandma Covfefe says:

Enjoy…

12. Grandma Covfefe says:

13. Grandma Covfefe says:

14. nwtex says:

15. Timmy-the-Ute says:

16. citizen817 says:

17. Pointman says:

The Hot Sardines – Petite Fleur

Pointman

18. Pointman says:

Some thoughts on millennials, generation Z and the ongoing crisis in third level education.

Pointman

19. citizen817 says:

20. citizen817 says:

21. citizen817 says:

22. Dora says:

Where’s My Breakfast?

23. smiley says:

Gaudeamus Cat ( Shortness of Life)

1890

anti-WW1 poster illustration (French)

The Apotheosis (The Summit) of Cats ๐Ÿ˜€

1890

Chat Au Claire De Lune (Cat By Moonlight)

1900

Theophile-Alexandre Steinlen ~ Swiss (1859-1923) ~ Art Nouveau ~ illustrator, painter, sculptor.

best known for his depictions of CATS …drew them constantly in the margins of his schoolbooks, as kid. ๐Ÿ˜€

also the famous Chat Noir club in bohemian Montmartre…and posters.

read all about it…. The Great Cat

the GREAT CAT ARTIST

๐Ÿฑ

• smiley says:

iconic Chat Noir poster (by Steinlen) for the French nightclub of the same name, established ca 1880 by Salis in Montmartre.

๐Ÿฑ

• smiley says:

need to edit the Gaudeamus Cat Poster reference (above)…it was not originally intended as an “anti-WW1” poster…esp if you notice its date.

it was originally a poster to celebrate the merry life of youth…

while we are young (Gaudeamus song)

..pertaining mainly to life in Montmartre, probably, at that time…in conjunction with Le Chat Noir .

it was later used as an anti-war poster, in line w/ the artist’s anti-WW1 sentiments…referring more to the shortness of life in that “war” context.

24. Dora says:

Gladys Knight, a freedom-loving patriot, takes a stand in defense of the national anthem

I donโ€™t know much about Gladys Knightโ€™s politics, but I do know that sheโ€™s a freedom-loving patriot.

The Motown legend generated headlines across the country when she announced that she would be performing the national anthem at the Super Bowl in Atlanta.

• smiley says:

on a midnight train to Georgia…

๐Ÿฑ

• covfefe999 says:

I wondered what that manufactured controversy was about. I hope she doesn’t back out. She’ll probably be the best anthem singer to date.

• Judith says:

Good luck with that. I havenโ€™t watched a Superbowl since Beeouncy and BLM took over the halftime show urging the killing of LEOโ€™s.

Whatever happened to boycotting that commie, anti-American NFL?

• covfefe999 says:

I really wish Trump supporters would do it. Just one season. Even just the Super Bowl. It would drive their numbers way down, probably in half. I hate that Trump supporters can’t make that sacrifice. :-/ Same with awards shows. I will never watch them again. I think someone wrote here that some recent awards show, Golden Globes maybe, was free of Trump hate. But they’ve already killed it for me. Academy Awards are coming up and I wil l not tune in. I’ve found other things to do.

• covfefe999 says:

The more I think about it … Trump is making an incredible sacrifice for us, but we can’t do some very simple things for him, and it’s an absolute shame. Lots of armchair quarterbacks here but few willing to take action, it appears.. Can’t retain the House majority. Can’t boycott the NFL for just one season. Wow what softies we are. (I write “we” even though I did not do either of these things.)

• Judith says:

I was never into football so I canโ€™t claim not watching is a sacrifice, although I no longer host / attend Superbowl parties.

I also stopped watching the awards shows, and most TV programs are also out, as are the commies sponsoring all that filth. Once you see the propaganda, it just canโ€™t be unseen.

Now, if the NY Yankees ever start acting like those NFL douchebags that *will* be a problem for me. Canโ€™t see it happening, though.

Those Yankee boys are clean cut and respectful citizens, and their fans enjoy not only the Star Spangled Banner, but also Kate Smithโ€™s โ€œGod Bless America,โ€ and War Vetetans are honored at every game!

25. Dora says:

Gee, I wonder why this idea didn’t catch on. ๐Ÿ™‚

26. Dora says:

One of the best imo.

27. amwick says:

Our ship is back, I am so grateful to see this country again. Looking around the port all I see is a great, thriving place. We are blessed.

28. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day
    โœŸ
    โ€œI will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.โ€
    Psalms 139:14 (KJV)

29. covfefe999 says:

I was so thrilled yesterday when I heard that Chicago Police officer Jason Van Dyke was sentenced only to 6 1/2 years for the second degree murder conviction of POS meth head crazy loser Laquan McDonald. Because of “good time”, Van Dyke will probably spend only half of his sentence in prison. He’ll be on supervised release for 2 years. Prosecutors were seeking the max which I think is 18-20. The other three officers who had been charged with covering up for Van Dyke were all exonerated.

The Chicago Mayor race is heating up, the election is in Feb. Tony Preckwinkle has been trying to leverage the Laquan McDonald shooting. I just saw an ad touting her for forcing this shooting to a trial of the officer. The ad was made prior to Van Dyke’s sentencing and the black SJWs are angry that the sentence was so low, so Preckwinkle’s tactic might flop. I’m voting for Garry McCarthy, former police chief who was ousted from that position because he wasn’t soft enough on the thugs or hard enough on the cops who have to put their lives on the line and deal with the thugs every day.

30. Dora says:

A Poem by Edgar Allen Poe

TO —

I HEED not that my earthly lot

Hath-little of Earth in it–

That years of love have been forgot

In the hatred of a minute:–

I mourn not that the desolate

Are happier, sweet, than I,

But that you sorrow for my fate

Who am a passer-by.

1829.

31. nikkichico7 says:

The Priesthood of Believers
    JANUARY 19, 2019

Revelation 5:9-10
    9 And they sang a new song, saying, Worthy are You to take the book and to break its seals; for You were slain, and purchased for God with Your blood men from every tribe and tongue and people and nation. 10 You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God; and they will reign upon the earth.”

According to Scripture, the believerโ€™s citizenship is in heaven (Phil. 3:20). In other words, weโ€™re not going to be citizens of an eternal kingdom; we already are.

Whatโ€™s more, every person who professes Jesus Christ as Lord is part of Godโ€™s priesthood. In the ancient Israelite culture, priests were the privileged servants of almighty God. They carried out all the tasks related to keeping the Law and preserving the spiritual well-being of the people. They cared for the temple, offered sacrifices, and interceded on behalf of the community.

When John says in Revelation 1:6 that we are priests, he is placing us among the ranks of a people set apart as Godโ€™s servants. It is a blessing and a calling to worship the Lord, to adore and honor Him, to ensure that all glory is given to His name, and to intercede on behalf of others.

The one priestly task we do not have to do is perform sacrifices. God Himself offered the final sacrifice on the cross of Calvary, when His Son died in our place. Our part is to bear witness to the breadth and depth of His love for all people. Once you grasp the fact that God looks on His childrenโ€”every one a former slave to sinโ€”with unconditional devotion, youโ€™ll want others to know it too.

Believers are special in the eyes of their God and King. We are a sacred people and a holy order. Does your daily life reflect that truth? As a believer, you are not your own anymore (1 Corinthians 6:19). You are a priest and a privileged servant of the Most High God.
    Dr. Charles Stanley