Tonight the 2018 College Football Playoff National Champions, Clemson University Tigers, celebrate with President Donald Trump at a White House dinner. Anticipated Livestream Coverage 6:30pm EST

UPDATE: Video Added

WH Livestream LinkFox News Livestream LinkNBC LivestreamFox10 Livestream

This entry was posted in media bias, President Trump, Uncategorized, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

72 Responses to President Trump Welcomes NCAA National Champion Clemson Tigers – 6:30pm EST Livestream…

1. sundance says:

2. sundance says:

3. sundance says:

4. MakeAmericaGreat says:

Eating time!

5. beach lover says:

Actually should have had Chik-fil-a as well, but everyone will be happy to even be there. Good for them for going…and this is from an avid Gamecock fan. I guess I can be sorta happy for them.

• 7delta says:

I know, beach lover. It takes a little bucking up and I may lose my Gamecock card, but I’m really proud of these guys…and Dabo. I agree with the president, Dabo is a special guy who is leading his team in the way it was intended. He’s building young men of character first.

Go Cocks!

• olderwiser21 says:

Does anyone know where the name “Dabo” came from? So unusual! Also, is their quarterback really only 18? What is his name? I do not follow college football, so I would appreciate the help.

• Red-pilled Girl says:

“Does anyone know where the name “Dabo” came from? So unusual!”

Internet says – Dabo nickname was given to him as a baby by his parents when his then-18-month-old brother would try to enunciate “that boy” when referring to Swinney.

Aren’t the early speech annunciations of toddlers funny? And re: the “that” part- if Dabo was the 2nd born, I am sure his older brother was experiencing what all first borns do when new siblings arrive- the alarm of another object of attention coming into in the house!

• olderwiser21 says:

Red – Thank you! Such a good story! I have a darling grandson named Vaughn. His older brother could not say his name. The best he could come up with was Be-Be-Bon. We called him that until he was about three!

• sickconservative says:

My daughter was a Gamecock so also support.

• Newton Love says:

Chik-fil-A is closed on Sunday.

6. MakeAmericaGreat says:

Tim Scott and Lindsey are in the building

7. Kevin Jullion says:

Im a proud Clemson alum and proud Treeper!!

8. MakeAmericaGreat says:

Crowd in the East Room, while waiting, just spontanesouly started singing “God Bless The USA!”

Winning!

9. tonyE says:

When USC wins it again, they’ll have to bring in In’N’Out Double Doubles with grilled and raw onions, animal fries and shakes.

And LOTS of napkins!

Can you get plastic straws in DC?

You think Trump just inaugurated a new tradition?

Just wait if UCLA wins, they’ll want California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Thai pizza.
    (Which of itself is not bad, it’s just sort of weird).

• Newton Love says:

It’s a lot to expect one company to make and deliver 3,000 burgers. By splitting it between the three, it made an easier order fulfillment. Besides, In-n-Out hasn’t made it to DC yet.

10. Mr.Morris says:

Congrats to the Clemson Tigers. Great season, great championship game. I loved the Welcome from President Trump, he is fun and everyone seemed to enjoy his chat.
    The Fast food extravaganza paid for by President Trump, due to the government shutdown will always be memorable.

11. cplogics says:

Congratulations Dabo and the entire Clemson football team and athletic department. Debo has put together an amazing program and I am very proud of these Tigers.

12. These young men are so blessed to have such an inspirational coach. What a great speech! Congrats to the Clemson Tigers!

13. free2313 says:

Coach Dabo Swinney was such an elegant and inspirational speaker, I was nodding my head yes, almost all the way through his speech. I can see why, the Tigers Players would have been so inspired all through the season; they believed in their coach and he made them believe in themselves…

14. Rex says:

Some of the players would waste away on a (what we consider huge) 4-5 thousand calorie diet. Yeah, they need some greens, but a lotta meat, potatoes, pasta….

The hard part is when the season is over and they have to throttle it down after needing to eat so much.

15. MFM says:

As a long time Bama fan, hats off to the Tigers, Bravo Dabo!

16. Lucille says:

In his speech, Coach Dabo Swinney used Proverbs 11:14…

“Where there is no counsel, the people fall;
    But in the multitude of counselors there is safety.”

How fitting for every walk of life–team sport, politics, LIFE!

President Trump is so gracious and just downright fun. Thank you, Mr. President. You do us proud.

17. CorwinAmber says:

having been born in LA (Lower Alabama for the rest of youse guys), I paid no nevermind to some dinky school in the Carolinas when it came to college football…I simply couldn’t “Bear” the thought that the team of Pat Trammell would have any difficulty with a team that didn’t even play in the mighty SEC. That being said, I always thought Clemson was some little private school along the lines of Notre Dame with a student body of around 10K…imagine my surprise to discover that it’s the second largest university in the Palmetto State – that explains a lot. In any event, congrats to the best team in college football! See ya next year

18. Patriot1783 says:

Dabo Swinney, always class on and off the field.

19. HickTick says:

Just so proud of Clemson and Dabo and all the staff , Clemson is still just a small school compared to the competition , ,nestled in those hills , between the lakes .

20. Johnny Dollar says:

Sometime during halftime, I’m pretty sure I heard a TV announcer say the team would be delayed coming out of the locker room for a minute because they were reciting the Lord’s Prayer together.

My reaction – Wow, just, Wow!! I starting feeling sorry for Alabama.

• mac says:

If that is true, Dabo was channeling Vince Lombardi. If you’re going to copy someone, you might as well copy the best coach to ever walk the sidelines!

21. Michelle says:

Personally I would be thrilled to eat some McDonald’s at the White House!

22. jengancworld says:

The once or twice a year that I may happen to have McDonald’s I do always say to my wife or kids whoever’s with me in the car……Man this stuff is good!!

23. MakeAmericaGreat says:

Couple videos from the event. Yahoo guy was the pool reporter. The spread included not only McDonald’s/Wendy’s and Burger King, but also Domino’s. Video of Trump’s remarks in front of the fast food already has nearly 2M views as I post this.

And story by the pooler (haven’t read)

24. GSparrow says:

I don’t know how any team could do better than the Clemson Tigers did this season in many categories.

Congrats to all the players, coaches and others that made it so with their incredible skill, intelligence and class. It’s unfortunate not all American colleges are similarly blessed like Clemson U. with very impressive students, players, coaches and administrators.

25. Ray Runge says:

In the 30 to 40 minute ceremony at the microphone, I always look forward to the guys from the trenches to parade across the dais. Not so much here.. Trump is usually better planned out.

26. Brenda Taylor Johnson says:

We are so very proud that all the football players that represent the great state of South Carolina were honored today at the White House by President Trump and country! What a great team lead by DaDo Swinney and his grace, respect and love to our God for winning this championship this year! It was a great sight to see all of the players today pay respect to the office of the President of the United States with NO protest. Very proud of coach Swinney and his successful program through his belief in the Lord! God Bless all the Clemson Tigers players! You are a great example for young players to look up too. Best luck next year!

27. TwoLaine says:

That was beautiful and very inspiring! The word BEST came up many times and kept reminding me of FLOTUS Melania’s program, Be Best. Sometime simplicity in messaging is best.

28. Beverly says:

A Carolina friend of mine tells me that the reason Dabo Swinney made even MORE of a point of thanking God and Jesus Christ after the championship game (he is a born again Christian) is that a bunch of demonic Leftists tried to force Clemson to get rid of their team chaplain, to stop praying and mentioning the Lord at all.

Dabo Doubled Down. Gotta love that.

To those who congratulated the Tigers even though their own teams didn’t win, y’all are a CLASS ACT, and it’s an honor and a hoot to play against such good sports.