Tuesday December 25th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

181 Responses to Tuesday December 25th – Open Thread

1. Merry Christmas Sundance , thank you for this site, … and all of my treehouse friends ❗️🎄

2. smiley says:

friend had the bright idea to make some of these…

….sure are good 😀

3. Katherine McCoun says:

Merry Christmas to all of who write articles, monitor, comment and to those who just read here in the treehouse.

4. Patriot1783 says:

Merry Christmas Sundance, Puddy, Menagerie, Stella, Sharon and all Admins, Treepers near and far.
    Life wouldn’t be the same without the Last Refuge! ❤️

5. duchess01 says:

My Cooking Music

G. F. Handel: Messiah HWV 56 (fantastic performance)

6. citizen817 says:

7. Blue Ridge Mts Va says:

Merry CHRISTmas to Sundance, and all the writers, admins!!

8. Sepp says:

Saint Spyridon, Bishop of Trimythous, the Wonder-Worker

A native of Cyprus, this simple, humble, meek, and generous man was a farmer and shepherd who was widowed. He was selected to serve the Church as a Bishop and continued on the path of transformation in Christ without altering his simple way of work and living.

Saint Spyridon was one of the participants in the First Œcumenical Synod in 325 when the Christian Bishops adopted the Church’s Paschalion and Liturgical Calendar

Much beloved during his earthly life for his miracles, Saint Spyridon remains a powerful ally in his prayers for the Faithful still today.

Saint Spyridon is commemorated today – December 12th – on the traditional Orthodox Church Calendar.

9. bessie2003 says:

from 2012, a retired police officer having put a Christmas Eve experience into poetry.

10. Self-Explanatory.. ..
    @Sundance & @Ad-Rem…

• bakocarl says:

My country t’is of thee,
      Sweet land of liberty,
      Of thee I sing.
      Land where my fathers died!
      Land of the Pilgrim’s pride!
      From every mountain side,
      Let freedom ring!

My native country, thee,
      Land of the noble free,
      Thy name I love.
      I love thy rocks and rills,
      Thy woods and templed hills;
      My heart with rapture fills
      Like that above.

Let music swell the breeze,
      And ring from all the trees
      Sweet freedom’s song.
      Let mortal tongues awake;
      Let all that breathe partake;
      Let rocks their silence break,
      The sound prolong.

Our father’s God to Thee,
      Author of liberty,
      To Thee we sing.
      Long may our land be bright
      With freedom’s holy light;
      Protect us by Thy might,
      Great God, our King!

• Dave says:

When I was just beginning public school in 1950s Brooklyn, we sang the first stanza of this song, a capella, after the flag salute in each individual classroom. Boy, were times different back then! Thanks, bakocarl, for the mental trip to more stable times.

• Dutchman says:

Me, too,…although in first grade, I wondered what a “free dumb ring” was, and if it was FREE, were they gonna give ME one.

Also thought the pledge said ;
          “One nation, INVISIBLE, with liberty,…etc.”

But, they actually TAUGHT us what it meant, back then.

Ancient times,…

11. bessie2003 says:

I think the world’s gone insane.

I was on a Facebook McCall’s pattern sewing group. A person posted a photo of the white gown that FLOTUS is wearing in the official WH Christmas photo with the question if any of the other sewers had any idea of what type of fabric the gown is made of.

Within minutes another poster had commented that they have reported the original post to the group’s moderator saying no political posts were allowed.

The post was about fabric.

Within another two minutes the entire thread was deleted. Disappeared. And yet, posts about stuff the former first lady’s wear is allowed.

And these are seamstresses from around the world that share on that group.

Big Brother is moving at lightning speed these days.

I would assume, if they are policing a sewing site with that much diligence any discussion on yellow vests or yellow fabric to make vests is probably already in the little algorithms, not unlike the two words ‘tea’ and ‘party’ were used to flag peoples activities.

It’s like the entire world is turning into a high school slam book experiment.

12. swampratterrier says:

13. swampratterrier says:

14. swampratterrier says:

15. swampratterrier says:

Hope TCT gets a new mobile platform for Xmas.

This one makes my phone Burp!

16. Donna in Oregon says:

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Irish Blessing

May you always seek your spiritual star
    Away from home, whether near or far.
    May you delight in wonders unforeseen,
    And in new adventures only just begun.
    A blessing on your Epiphany tea,
    May all go well with that,
    and may all go well with you and yours
    in the year that lies ahead.

May you find truth in the year’s smallest grace
    And hope in the year’s heaviest cross;
    May a pillar of light before your face
    shine through the dark so you’re never lost
    May your journey be safe wherever you go,
    and the angels keep you from all harm,
    May you learn to take life easy and slow,
    And celebrate your gift of Irish charm.
    And may the God of new beginnings grant you
    a year of health, happiness and prosperity.

17. swampratterrier says:

18. Before this night is done…
    I DID NOT receive any “gifts” except one… On this Day..
    I received One, just ONE from My Mises…
    Nothing else from anyone.. Not even My Daughters..
    See since my mother passed, Her “ashes” have been in a box..
    My Misses.. Gave me ONE GIFT..

Something I really couldn’t afford…
    SHE, MY MISSES, bought My Mother a HOME..

A……
    URN..
    Nice beautiful Blue..
    Best Christmas Gift I’ve ever received EVER in My Life..
    I’m still in tears thinking over it..
    ——————————————
    Merry Christmas..
    CT42

19. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

20. auscitizenmom says:

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh and Col. Flynn:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.