President Trump Tweets Disappointment in GM Decision….

President Trump’s ‘America First’  tweets are seen as dangerous to the progressive left because they are loaded with brutal, and often purposeful, honesty.  Today is another clear example.

General Motors would not exist today if it wasn’t for the taxpayer-funded bailouts of their financial position in 2008/2009.  GM is uniquely indebted to the U.S. taxpayer. After receiving those bailouts GM moved production of their newer sectors of autos to Mexico and China; providing no benefit to the American workers who funded their bailout.

GM is one deliberate presidential tweet-string away from seeing a massive consumer backlash that could would wipe out their business.  President Trump doesn’t bluff.

This entry was posted in Auto Sector, Donald Trump, Economy, Environmentalism, media bias, President Trump, Taxes, Trade Deal, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

324 Responses to President Trump Tweets Disappointment in GM Decision….

1. Frank says:

GM should have died in 2009. I always resented that bailout. I never supported the idea of using my tax money to buy golden parachutes for incompetent businessmen. Maybe by next year, their sorry company will be kicking its roachy legs in the air.

• Tinsley says:

I think this is going to be a Tactic used to try and leverage the Democrats into power and I think GM is just the first in a long chain of companies who are going to screw over the taxpayers in order to make Trumps tenure a nightmare and deemed unsuccessful. Pres Trump will not run in 2020….This is simply I truly believe. Why would he?

• LKAinLA says:

Hopefully the taxpayer will snub their cars and have the last laugh.

• Doc says:

Because if he doesn’t do something about the Democrats before he gets out of office he will have no peace for the rest of his life. Their ire for him wont cease after he leaves office. They will probably try to put him in prison for the rest of his life as a warning to anyone else who would stand up to their evil will..

• anthony earl says:

think so. have you seen the newest corvette? its fugly and it will cost 170K

• MB224 says:

What? Why would he? Cause he’s a fighter and a patriot who takes his country SERIOUSLY. He understands more than a lot of people that this is war. And he loves to fight. The Democrats have no leverage with real world activity, only mental phantasms like all this neo marxist nonsense.

• Tinsley,
        “This is simply I truly believe. Why would he?” – THIS …. this is the attitude from some (if not most) patriots that gave us Presidents and Presidential candidates like 0bama, Hillary, NoName, Romney, Bushes (All of them), … the list goes on till the cows come home if you get my drift.

We are living in historic times and at this point in history, President Trump is single handedly pulling our nation back from the edge of a cliff it was destined for. We, his supporters, have only one task in hand, and that is to help him and stand by him when he needs us the most. I am all for criticizing President Trump when warranted but to have a. consistent theme of doom and gloom does not help. I am not living in denial, but if most of the deplorables would have stayed home in Nov 2016 thinking that candidate Trump has no chance, then today, we would have been living in a different world and I believe that by now, we, as a country, would have been involved in some unnecessary wars.

The common theme that I see in many comments is – we are better than them (when it is time to play dirty) – aka – we surrender and we will not fight back. It is disappointing that after seeing President Trump fight like a lone warrior and despite of the back stabbing from the likes of Sessions, Ryan, etc. he is still not ready and/or willing to give up and yet folks like you come up with – “This is simply I truly believe. Why would he?”.

I hope you realize that as of today, President Trump is still our only hope.

• Winning 2018 says:

@NewAmericanDeplorable — YES … WWG1WGA!
          GM has not issued a poll to ask American Patriots what vehicles WE want to own. I am among millions of Americans who would LOVE to drive the simple mechanical cars of the 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s … they were beautifully designed and affordable cars and trucks MADE IN AMERICA by AMERICANS!

Americans do not want computerized vehicles made by, and for, EUROPEAN and ASIAN markets. phft-t-t-t-t!

We, the People, must stand by our leader President Trump and FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT for our companies and investments that protect and enrich AMERICA FIRST!

• Tin, I can see your point that globalist companies may take a dive/restructuring to make PDJT look bad in 2020. But these adversarial moves are the very source of Trump’s boundless energy to MAGA. Why would he run? Because our Lion loves a good fight.

• Guillermo Maguire says:

Every tactic has a response. We are fighting evil…in government, in our religious institutions, in our culture. Nothing has changed since the beginning of time.

• modspell says:

You don’t really think he got to where he is by letting others make him look bad. GM is failing because their cars sucked for so long they lost credibility. Trump had nothing to do with the bailout or their quality problems. GM has few disciples…they almost died in 2009 for a reason.

• Pat says:

GM and Obama screwed the bond holders out of $29 Billion. And the Unions were the recipients of the taxpayer funds. These subsidies to UAW compensation cost taxpayers $30.0 billion—more than the government spends each year on foreign aid or on extended unemployment insurance benefits. They account for the entire net taxpayer losses in the bailout.

2. MaineCoon says:

If GM is going to slap it to the USA taxpayer and hard working citizen in their plants, this time they will go down with the good workers they stab in the back. P45’s tweets are the harshest I can recall. Corporations will not do to us Americans what they have done in the past with no regard for the havoc wreaked on their employees’ lives. This time they will be take out. This is so unAmerican that GM deserves the backlash they will get.

• MB224 says:

GM will feel the hits hard I predict. The only thing keeping them afloat are trucks and SUVs, both of which are bought by Patriots and Trump lovers. This has to be the dumbest decision in the history of American business. To think GM was founded by Patriots. And the current CEO talks about her father working at GM. What a disgrace.

• John Bosley says:

The Wolverines need to tariff the crap out of any non USA made products from GM.
      Make them suffer.

3. Stab, the unstoppable hero says:

I hope someone asks Michael Moore about this situation.

That worthless tub of lard got his show-biz career with the breakout hit documentary ROGER AND ME where he poked fun at corporate General Motors screwing the very same American workers that Moore claims he is fighting for.

I know Moore does not give a rats-ass about the working man he pretends to champion but please… Someone in the media hold a mic up to Moore’s pie hole & ask him about what he thinks of President Trump fighting in the trenches for the Blue Collar workers of America.

4. MAGAbear says:

I can proudly say that I’ve never owned a Government Motors vehicle. And after this big FU to the American workers, I never will. Go Ford!!!

5. John says:

$14 B in share buybacks and an extra $12B in debt over the last 4-5 years. No increase in share price over that time. Now they have negative cash flow and paying interest on the money they borrowed to buy back shares. Let’s call that a quarterly case of financial herpes with a big stock loss on the buybacks around the corner and a higher interest rates to borrow.

How about a CEO that makes and sells things without the financial engineering. Buffett is buying back shares with cash and not paying interest on borrowed money in perpetuity.

6. Guyski says:

General Motors Chairman and CEO Mary Barra had total compensation in 2017 of $21.96 million.

7. ImHopeful says:

I could not find a direct e-mail for the executive offices of GM, but I did send an e-mail to their Investor Relations Department. I explained my contempt for their decision, as well as reminding them about the bail-out they received, and their ability to re-tool these facilities for electric, SUV’s, or any other platform they wish. Not sure if it will make it into anyone’s hands, but maybe if there are enough such e-mails it will get someones’ attention? I’m posting a link, but not if it will work – I’m kind of low tech.

8. Big Jake says:

My Buick Regals from the 90s are tanks. I still drive them. One has 422K miles on it. Daily driver.

That said, I will never buy another GM vehicle and this nonsense is why.

• TreeClimber says:

We had a ’96 Regal. Worst car I’ve ever encountered and that includes our Ford Taurus Wagon.

• lady4trump says:

I had a Taurus I struggled to keep running for 10 years. I will never buy a Ford CAR again, but their trucks are great and the longest lasting of all American trucks.

• coltlending says:

The Buick Cierra circa 1983 is another amazing car.

Nothing special but that car lasted a long time with little or no maintinance.

It was almost as though you didn’t even have to put oil in it.

I still see em once in awhile, beaten up but still running.

9. jeans2nd says:

Not only did the American taxpayer bail out GM, our (my) union guys gave up alot, just to keep their jobs.
    Apologies, this is a tough one. still no words
    10 this morning they are sitting in my kitchen, needing answers. Thank goodness Pres Trump always gives me some ammunition. Not certain yet how to win this one. But we’ll figure it out. We always do.
    Prayers. Please.

• Eberhard says:

My whole family is praying with you, and with so many others. God bless you.

• This news is perhaps more devastating than a natural disaster, because the communities can’t afford to replace whats lost. Our hearts are heavy for your loss and I hope your families find your way to prosperity.

• Winning 2018 says:

You and the UNION MEMBERS must huddle together and REPENT for not fighting back hard enough … name the “specifics” to GOD and he will judge over the demons!

Go get `em … FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!

10. Texian says:

I want our money back.. I didn’t approve the bailout.. Now that I am by proxy a member of the Board.. I say fire the CEO and upper level staff – all of them..

Replace the positions with people who have a degree in common sense..

Since they have made it damn near impossible for an independent to start up a new car manufacturing venture – I say take over GM by stealth – and place a “Preston Tucker” at the helm..

• Stephan Schaem says:

Elon Musk was the stealth operator. The little guy that was on the brink of bankruptcy, is now causing nations to panic about their core industries (Germany being the most visible one)

Tesla is on the path to repeat what Apple did with the phone business. And GM/Ford are the Nokia/Motorola of our time.

11. G. Combs says:

GM’s NEWEST MODEL!!

12. Eberhard says:

You may know your doctor as a nice man at church, but when you find out you have a critical illness, he becomes an absolute essential human in your life. You feel powerless yet here is someone who may have the power to provide that help you so desparately need.

The people in these GM communities are looking at their politicians like this tonight.

I hope President Trump will come out here and visit these areas, as he did when he needed THEM, their votes. Unless you know these areas, you can’t know what a blow this is. Just as our Presidents come to areas of natural disasters, I hope he will speak forcefully of the “disaster” globalism and its lackeys like the GM executives, have visited upon these places…willfully and deliberately. I pray he will present a plan of action. Or at the least, begin a ongoing campaign of corporate shame toward them.

Watch that classic “It’s a Wonderful Life” tonight, folks…GM has just brought its own Pottersville to so many communities, families.

I hope our President will not leave it to others, Dems like Sherrod Brown and Tim Ryan, to assume the DOMINANT role of workers champions , by being here and taking charge. They are on the scene,in the Union Hall, here, there, everywhere.

Last night, Trump traveled several places and rallied for a political victory. That was good politics. Coming to these GM areas is good politics too. But we believe our President to be the champion of the “forgotten people.” I believe in his sincerity. Tweets are not enough.

So many in these communities feel devastatingly “forgotten” tonight.

Our President should come.

• MB224 says:

I’m sure Trump will visit these communities. He’s pissed. And I’m sure he will wring every ounce of political fodder from this.

• amanda4321 says:

Eberhard- Yes, this is truly horrible news. https://www.whitehouse.gov/get-involved/write-or-call/ (convenient for the Demorats–makes you wonder…)

• Winning 2018 says:

@Eberhard — Do not dismay. All employees, their families, town folk and Americans must also FIGHT BACK. One sure way to bring GOD’s judgment is REPENTANCE … target-focused “specifics” in REPENTANCE IS A LETHAL WEAPON AGAINST DEMONS … GM is demon-possessed. Everyone must huddle and REPENT for not fighting back hard enough … name the “specifics” to GOD and he will judge over the demons! Go get `em … FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!

13. Genie says:

Cash for Clunkers. Next we’ll hear Osama Bin Laden is alive. Cash me ousside Uncle Joe Biden!

14. sat0422 says:

Let’s see…I was in Macy’s today and yesterday, two different locations in my region. Both stores are beginning to look like general merchandise stores, NOT high end retail stores. That is because of their anti-Trump message and because their operations model of “sale after sale” is having a negative impact. People just won’t pay if they expect it items to always be on sale.

Two weeks ago, we awoke to the announcement that Target is closing on huge store in our area. They announced that shoppers could be well served from another store about five miles down the road.

I hate to say it, but even though I still have a need to shop them on occasion, I always remember that they were against Trump and/or against the moral standard that most American families have today. I never make them a regular stop on my shopping trips.

Moral of story: Business is business and Politics is politics and they should never be co-mingled.

• MB224 says:

So true. Alfred Sloan, the genius behind GM’s once dominant share of the world’s industry, was ruthlessly non political, until it became impossible to be neutral with the commie FDR.

• Judith says:

Our local Macys has looked like a basement rummage sale for years now. It’s pretty shocking. But Target seems to be humming right along.

I stopped shopping at both of them due to their globalist views. Now I mainly shop online, but I avoid Amazon.

Sadly, our local Chamber of Commerce supported Obola’s sanctuary city rezoning efforts, so I make no special effort to shop locally either. (And I used to make a point to do just that, before they showed up at our civic meetings and re-zoning hearings, that is.)

• lady4trump says:

I still won’t go into a Target store. I never plan to go to one ever. I worked at one for a brief time; they treated their employees like chit.

15. Franklin says:

The Federal Government should have never”bailed out” GM. The shareholders are responsible for restructuring the company so that it remains profitable. The US auto market is a mature market. There are many choices available both with new and used. Due to these factors GM is not able to sell the number of cars it once did. Many of the plants need to be replaced with newer plants. The result will be less workers will beneeded. The bailout only delayed the inevitable.

This is where the rubber meets the road. These companies are not interested in nostalgia they want profits.
    Top 10 Owners of GM Stock
    Stake. Shares
    The Vanguard Group, 6.73% 95,000,146 3,476,055,342 +2,688,297 +2.91%
    Capital R & Ma Co…. 5.95% 83,910,382 3,070,280,877 +11,218,495 +15.43%
    Harris Associates LP 4.25% 59,901,871 2,191,809,460 -832,838 -1.37%
    SSgA Funds Mang, Inc. 4.07% 57,426,971 2,101,252,869 +4,509,539 +8.52%
    BlackRock Fund Adv 3.96% 55,886,019 2,044,869,435 +1,172,179 +2.14%
    Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. 3.72% 52,461,411 1,919,563,028 +1,067,800 +2.08%
    Invesco Advisers, Inc. 1.66% 23,426,443 857,173,549 +552,578 +2.42%
    Eagle Cap Mang LLC 1.49% 20,947,052 766,452,633 -371,314. -1.74%
    Greenhaven Ass. 1.44% 20,264,137 741,464,773 +71,250 +0.35%
    Hotchkis & Wiley Capi…1.10% 15,558,026 569,268,171 +2,688,443 +20.89%

• MB224 says:

Toyota, Honda, Subura, Hyundai and BMW sure aren’t having any trouble making money hand over fist in autos. GM and Ford are still devoted to the “cheapest way to build it” paradigm. This is why they haven’t been able to adjust or adapt to anything since Sloan stepped down in 1946. It’s amazing they lasted this long tbh. GM’s leadership has been one clueless bean counter disaster after another. Barr is just the latest.

• Ospreyzone says:

They continue to shun quality and Americans continue to shun their cars.

• Build a quality product and we would all ‘be there’. A relative just bought a new truck. He was looking at a Ford, but instead opted for a Honda. More goodies on it and about the same price. Praying that GM figures this out with the help of the President. This is a terrible blow to NE Ohio. They have been in search of a manufacturing product(s) for so long. These people make things. It’s what they do.

• Zeej says:

Ford makes almost 80% of its profits from the f150

GM makes 80%+ of its profits from its large suv lime Yukon Tahoe Escalade and trick line Silverado Sierra

So it’s American trucks and suvs carrying these companies yet they blow all their money trying to expand abroad or on other stupid initiatives

• Winning 2018 says:

hmm…wonder how many are among BRICS = Brazil, Russia, India, China, South America … these FLEECING nations never stop sucking the wealth of Americans until the host is DEAD….

Time is of the essence that Americans FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT by REPENTANCE … target-focused “specifics” in REPENTANCE IS A LETHAL WEAPON AGAINST DEMONS … get GOD’s judgment onto the DEMONS.

16. favill says:

There was a meme harking back to Mel Gibson’s movie Braveheart where the Scottish Prince says “He fights!” …Gotta love Pres Trump–He Fights.

17. Was thinking about buying a Chevy Colorado. Now I’ll wait and see. I’m guilty of being a Chevy guy though.

18. fleporeblog says:

This would cause Liberals to commit suicide in mass numbers!

19. tempo150101 says:

Could this turn out to be true? If so, Barra is toast.

Deep State Watcher
    @WatcherState

BREAKING: According to UAW leaders, GM CEO Mary Barra made the final decision to eliminate 14,000 employees after lobbying from former President Obama and other Democrat leaders. Citing the strategic midwest locations of the plants for the 2020 election…..developing

20. Deplorable Ukie says:

I remember reading about closures of the manufacturing plants across the US 15-20 years ago. People lost their jobs after many years at one place. It was heartbreaking to me.

Thank you, Mr President, for protecting us, your compatriots! So proud of my vote for you.

It is time for Mary Barra to leave. The socialist chorus, praising her leadership qualities in social media, has been sickening. Wonder how they will act now.

21. Jeff P. says:

BOYCOTT GM AND ALL OF IT’S DIVISIONS, CHEVY, CADILLAC, SATURN, GMC, ETC. i will never bu a Chevy again new or used and I am trading in my Saturn on January 3rd after the Holidays are over.
    I will NOT buy an American car, Ford, Chevy, Dodge etc as they as Mostly Foreign owned anyway and have ZERO Loyalty to America. I will buy a Foreign car Built here in the USA as Most of That money will actually go to Americans that build those cars here in the USA. I am DONE with Treasonous Corporations like GM FORD Dodge etc…
    And I do not want to hear how they are just using the laws on the books. WRONG IS WRONG PERIOD.

22. molonlabe28 says:

Pull the trigger, Mr. President.

23. SharkFL says:

1000% agree with our President. Those factories and jobs must be in the US. Even if they need to re-tool in order to produce different products. I don’t care if they keep the China factory open, but the balance of production must be in the US across all products.